Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If they re-add the Wintersday mini’s in July, does that mean we’re getting Wintersday in July?

I don’t get it… is that supposed to be an unreasonable expectation?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wintersday_in_July

The point being that just because they re-release content related items into the store, doesn’t mean said content is going to return shortly.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

^ Why do people keep assuming that they are not releasing it just to annoy people? Maybe there are actual reasons for it? Such as bugs and such that needs to be fixed but being put on the very end of the queue due to being very low priority.

they told us they didn’t want to realease SAb in the middle of living story , because it wasn’t in lore (instead of wvwvw season….. kitten logic). now we are not in the middle of ls , we are in a long break , this is the perfect time to put SAb , even only world 1-2. We all know if they not realease it before HoT we will have to wait a lot , because after hoT the ls will start again and they don’t want to add SAb in the middle of ls….

BTW your role of arenanet paladin is really boring , you can even try to create excuses more fun… like: Colin dog eaten SAb projects….

I agree that now would have been the perfect time for World 3. However, if the team that did SAB were busy wrapping up the expansion, they obviously couldn’t work on SAB. If they couldn’t work on SAB then no World 3. As to whether or not they could have just re-released Worlds 1 and 2, well you’d have to ask them and see if you get an answer.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

^ Why do people keep assuming that they are not releasing it just to annoy people? Maybe there are actual reasons for it? Such as bugs and such that needs to be fixed but being put on the very end of the queue due to being very low priority.

they told us they didn’t want to realease SAb in the middle of living story , because it wasn’t in lore (instead of wvwvw season….. kitten logic). now we are not in the middle of ls , we are in a long break , this is the perfect time to put SAb , even only world 1-2. We all know if they not realease it before HoT we will have to wait a lot , because after hoT the ls will start again and they don’t want to add SAb in the middle of ls….

BTW your role of arenanet paladin is really boring , you can even try to create excuses more fun… like: Colin dog eaten SAb projects….

I agree that now would have been the perfect time for World 3. However, if the team that did SAB were busy wrapping up the expansion, they obviously couldn’t work on SAB. If they couldn’t work on SAB then no World 3. As to whether or not they could have just re-released Worlds 1 and 2, well you’d have to ask them and see if you get an answer.

It’s been asked for over a year now, with no response.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

The point being that just because they re-release content related items into the store, doesn’t mean said content is going to return shortly.

As the live picture shows us…. but IMO reoccuring content related gem store items should come only when said reoccuring content returns. It’s also extra mean 1,5 year after said content not returning.
Right now SAB is the only reoccuring content with associated gem store items without a release date.This is why I can see why people are mad about the minis.

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I never got to play SAB. I started playing last year around the end of summer. I do remember, though, one of my first questions when I made my permanent toon (an asura guardian) was, “What’s that weird cube thing?”

Since then I’ve been reading/watching up on SAB. I watched a small LP of it on YouTube, read some in-depth guides and saved a few screenshots and I have to say that, even though I haven’t played it, I’m hooked. I’m a sucker for platforming in any fashion, regardless of art style, and SAB seemed right up my alley (especially Tribulation mode, love me some challenge!).

I was honestly expecting it to be available on April Fools Day, but hey, Anet made fools out of us for expecting it, eh? While I enjoyed the airplane noises and the character model temp-changes, I wish it was SAB instead. What better time than now during the Living Story break to put something like that in until Heart of Thorns rolls out? Either that or give us something else equivalent.

I still love ya, Anet. But it would be pretty awesome to actually play SAB. Not only that, but it would be pretty awesome to get all of those new players you just piled in hyped for a new (new to them) feature, eh? Something to spice up their play time until the big expansion? You sly dogs, that’s why there were two sales so close together, eh? I can dream, I suppose!

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

(edited by MrWubzy.3587)

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

3 comments from this, SAB thread will have more comments than the [Suggestions] Gemstore Items thread.

I hope this is meaningful.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

3 comments from this, SAB thread will have more comments than the [Suggestions] Gemstore Items thread.

Unfortunately, while it should, the traits threads indicate otherwise. ANet can keep their fingers in their ears for a VERY long time.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Unfortunately, while it should, the traits threads indicate otherwise. ANet can keep their fingers in their ears for a VERY long time.

Indeed, like the WvW tournament were you know all the winners in advance, to EOTM karma farming to all the balance problems and the missing GvG..

Personally I do not even believe them when they say SAB is coming back; plenty of times already they backed out on things they said they would do. I think they just said that to calm players’ outraged after they announced they have not done any SAB-related progress for all that time and didn’t plan to work on it. I am more inclined to believe their initial statement when they said that SAB is not coming back.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Sure as hell hope that once HoT is released, they’ll work on SAB, before S3 living world. :/

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: cleabh.5308

cleabh.5308

What’s this thread doing on page two? I’ll fix it.

To all the people saying “spend less gems”. No, if you truly are upset, vote fully with your wallet and close it. If you don’t care, then more power to you.

That’s what I’ve been doing. Since they put the minis in the chests, I haven’t bought any gems at all and I’m not planning to until SAB is back.

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

Sure as hell hope that once HoT is released, they’ll work on SAB, before S3 living world. :/

I think the development of Living World S3 is well underway already, considering it will probably start to be the first release after HoT. And if we ever get SAB again, it probably wont be the living world team(s?) who develop it. So I think we basically have three release options: Before HoT, as an adventure in HoT or after both HoT and Living World S3.

CrashTestAuto.9108

That’s what I’ve been doing. Since they put the minis in the chests, I haven’t bought any gems at all and I’m not planning to until SAB is back.

Same. I stopped buying gems last year because of the traits issue. Then started again after the HoT reveal. Now I’ve stopped again.

So, essentially, by not turning on W1 and W2 (or just taking ten minutes to explain why they won’t), ANet have undone all of the good will they earned with me after the entire HoT development and presentation.

Its like having kitten in your roof and hiring a builder. The builder turns up and he and his team start building a cathedral next door to sell to you. Sure, it’s a lovely cathedral, and I’m interested in buying it once its done, but I’d be far happier if you’d just take an hour to fix my roof in the meantime. Especially given there seems to be very little sunshine this season, and a roof would really help make the months until getting the cathedral a lot nicer.

Posted by: Dibbin.9620

Dibbin.9620

I’m not sure if I’d even be satisfied if anet just up and turns SAB back on. We keep their game afloat but they can’t be bothered to even acknowledge a 41 page thread? What we should really be after is an apology. This is ludicrous.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I’m not sure if I’d even be satisfied if anet just up and turns SAB back on. We keep their game afloat but they can’t be bothered to even acknowledge a 41 page thread? What we should really be after is an apology. This is ludicrous.

And yet another one that completely disregards the fact that they HAVE acknowledge it and even given us information about the fact that it WILL be back. In this very thread.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Dibbin.9620

And yet another one that completely disregards the fact that they HAVE acknowledge it and even given us information about the fact that it WILL be back. In this very thread.

I probably missed it somewhere over the 41 pages. Can I get a link friend?

lordkrall.7241

According to Colin Johanson, Guild Wars 2 Game Director, Super Adventure Box will be back in the future. We don’t have a timeframe for the return of the SAB, but we will be bringing back this popular content.

I know you would like more details, more info, a date, etc., but that’s not available right now. I hope the above comment reassures you, though, because at the core, the important answer is that yes, SAB will be back in the future.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Super-Adventure-Box-merged-1/page/14#post4456748

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Dibbin.9620

According to Colin Johanson, Guild Wars 2 Game Director, Super Adventure Box will be back in the future. We don’t have a timeframe for the return of the SAB, but we will be bringing back this popular content.

I know you would like more details, more info, a date, etc., but that’s not available right now. I hope the above comment reassures you, though, because at the core, the important answer is that yes, SAB will be back in the future.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Super-Adventure-Box-merged-1/page/14#post4456748

Oh, so they did. My mistake.

CrashTestAuto.9108

It’s worth noting that that post was made six months ago, and it gave basically zero information beyond an “at some point” which they’ve used as an excuse not to refund the infinite continue coin.

No explanations have been given for the box being closed, no apologies, no time frames…

It’s like sitting in a restaurant where you’ve already paid for the meal. The starter comes, and then three hours later (after a lot of complaining) a waiter wanders up and says “The main course will come at some point.” then wanders off again without an explanation or apology.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

They did say that, but with the amount of times they have said in the future and taken two years, and the amount of time they have said in the future and still have not come through with aforementioned thing really makes it hard to listen to the people saying just wait for it and stop complaining.

Xillllix.3485

On the French forum they said it will not be out until after the expansion because they are busy working on HoT.

They avoid the question of repackaging the old content as usual, as if it could only come back with new content (world 3). Seems like it’s more a question of ideology than a real lack of resources. They can’t be that oblivious to the fact that the community is starving so bad for new content that it has lowered its expectations to the point of asking for the return of old stuff.

They probably expect the New Player Experience and low price to carry them to the expansion release date, at the cost of losing the more dedicated players.

CrashTestAuto.9108

On the French forum they said it will not be out until after the expansion because they are busy working on HoT.

They avoid the question of repackaging the old content as usual, as if it could only come back with new content (world 3). Seems like it’s more a question of ideology than a real lack of resources. They can’t be that oblivious to the fact that the community is starving so bad for new content that it has lowered its expectations to the point of asking for the return of old stuff.

They probably expect the New Player Experience and low price to carry them to the expansion release date, at the cost of losing the more dedicated players.

If that’s the case then its so weird. They were so indifferent to continuity that we’ve put Bloody Prince Thorn back in the box two years running, and dealt with the exact same problems for Tixx twice in a row as well.

I just can’t understand the rationality behind a dead zone like this with pre-made content ready to go that people are desperate to play. If there is a rationale behind it, then why haven’t they taken ten minutes to explain it? Its like they learned nothing whatsoever from the communication riots last year.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

We were given an explanation for why it hadn’t returned. It was not bugs. That reason (midst of a living story season) no longer applies.

It is not a fact that it will be back until such a time as it is actually back. We have been told, on multiple occasions, by Anet representatives, that when they say something, “will,” happen, they actually mean that something, “might,” happen.

Posted by: Silvy.3816

Silvy.3816

Why are people ignoring the fact that we HAVE comments by the team in this very thread and that they have already outright stated that it WILL be back?

Dont think that 7 month old comment can be call information in the modern world.

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I have made the decision to stop playing GW2 and the main reasons are traits and SAB and the ridiculous communication policy Anet has adopted. I’m not even that huge a fan of SAB. It’s fun and I would play it if it were available, but it was never an issue for me. However, putting the minis back in the BLC at a time when the community was hyper-aware of the issue without any intention of bringing back SAB anytime soon, well that’s just trolling.

Anet doesn’t have a basic level of respect for it’s customer base, so In return, they have lost all my respect and patronage.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

ridiculous communication policy

this

We don’t see new CDI since december , and we didn’t have any official communication about it , they don’t talk with us clearly about SAB and they don’t respected us because the SAB minis in the BLC was a really bad joke.

And i repeat for the 1000 times , this is not about money/gem/infinite coin , it’s about SAB is one of the best and fun content they had ever created since 2005 and it’s a big waste can’t play it during this boring long break of nothing (yes , a crap spvp test alpha season is nothing)

Posted by: Gaberen.4325

Gaberen.4325

Still hoping SAB is going to be released in the near future.

Posted by: KingT.1907

KingT.1907

ridiculous communication policy .

I didn´t know dead silence for over 6 months is a communication policy

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

I guess the reason why we won’t get SAB this year is because they don’t want to interrupt the HoT “hype”. Of course they can’t say that openly.

Guhracie.3419

I guess the reason why we won’t get SAB this year is because they don’t want to interrupt the HoT “hype”. Of course they can’t say that openly.

I’d have a whole lot more respect for them if they did. But I’d also argue that having months of absolutely no content isn’t doing much to get people excited, either.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Squatid.2854

Squatid.2854

first of all this thread should not be on page 2 so #push
second: i really would like to see the sab again. i enjoyed the first 2 times very much.
at first i hoped for the return as the minis where introduced to the blc but we already know what will come today —> stronghold, so no sab today either
i think (despite the recent changes in game mechanics) the reintroduction of old content with renewed achievements would be a clever and easy way for anet to occupy the players till hot.
even if its not the sab itself, there is the basar of the four winds, halloween and chrismas events, etc.
everything would be better than nothing (what we have now)

as for the communication policy of anet→ its a sad statemant that this thread exists with over 2000 replies without a single comment from one of the mods

ps: obligatory “sorry for the bad english” line

lordkrall.7241

“as for the communication policy of anet? its a sad statemant that this thread exists with over 2000 replies without a single comment from one of the mods”

And yet there are multiple red posts in this thread.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

ReV.6097

Still surprised there’s no content at this point for people waiting for HoT.
Either it’s due in a few months time, or they really don’t have time to mess with re-adding old content.

I just miss them kitten Green SAB skins and the boom boxes. >.<

Legacy of Kain:

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

SAB seems like the easiest way to “add” content to keep us busy. Don’t have to do anything new to it, just as is.

i barely play at the moment, i need something to do other than grind for gold.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

I haven’t opened Guild wars for anything other than weekly guild missions with a fractal afterwards in like 4 months. And its not a statement or anything, there just is not anything that i want to do that badly. Sab would definitely have me logging in every day and cause my ps4 to get dusty

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

Aaaand again no new content today.

CrashTestAuto.9108

Aaaand again no new content today.

Yeah, whatever conversations are happening behind the scenes, the public face of this is just embarrassing. How can they possibly think this is a good approach?

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

RIOT UNTIL IT COMES BACK!!!!!

RAWR!

On a serious note, SAB would be such a great way to pass the time until HoT releases, would be such a great move on Anet’s part.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

lordkrall.7241

Yeah, whatever conversations are happening behind the scenes, the public face of this is just embarrassing. How can they possibly think this is a good approach?

I would say the constant whine after every single patch is even more embarrassing actually.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I would say the constant whine after every single patch is even more embarrassing actually.

idk, seems justified at the moment considering those minis.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I don’t even want a refund on the coin. It was only 600 Gems and I bought them with gold anyway. If they brought back SAB and reintroduced the coin it would probably be more than 600 gems, so I’m content with what I’ve got, even though it’s technically nothing.

For those still confused why anger of the minis is justified, it is because the released the minis just before the anniversary of the original release of SAB. This isn’t a matter of releasing the minis at a time the content wouldn’t be expected to appear. Nor is it a matter of releasing the minis for content there has never even been information about. They know full well that the community associates April Fools with SAB first and random April Fools jokes second, especially the SAB fanatics. Releasing the minis just before April Fools, without any information one way or another, is like releasing Halloween minis a couple days early or Wintersday minis a couple days early, then not doing the corresponding event.

It is a betrayal and devastating. They really should have put out a statement. “We are not bringing back SAB for April 1st. We know how much it means to you, though. So in appreciation of your support, here are the SAB minis. We are thinking about it, we do remember, and we do have plans for SAB in the future. Just not right now.”

People would probably still have Rioted in Rata Sum, but not a single person would have felt betrayed when SAB didn’t show up just like they said it wouldn’t. People would have been happy for the minis and maybe accepted that ANet is thinking about them. The lack of anything, at all, is what upsets everyone. No statement, no explanation, no sympathy. They’re cold and hurtful and makes it look like a cash grab to dupe the believers.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Xillllix.3485

One more year on page 1 of the forum, “and then, when enough men have died, perhaps you will have your freedom”.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Of course you would. All you ever do is complain about complaining.

They’re cold and hurtful and makes it look like a cash grab to dupe the believers.

I agree with the entirety of your post. Just wanted to note though, that it “looks like a cash grab” because that’s clearly what it was.

(edited by Gene Archer.8560)

ReV.6097

It “looks like a cash grab” because that’s clearly what it was.

A poor one at best. Only minis. They should have added the boom boxes and other things.

Legacy of Kain:

Posted by: mave.6938

mave.6938

42 pages for SAB and 0 reply from dev?!!?
Why relase super miniatures on BLT and no SAB? this have no sense..

Guhracie.3419

42 pages for SAB and 0 reply from dev?!!?
Why relase super miniatures on BLT and no SAB? this have no sense..

Devs have replied, which you can tell because of the red symbol by the post. That being said, it’s been over 5 months since the last “assurance” (on this thread, in this English-speaking forum) that SAB would be returning. So while it’s not accurate to say they haven’t given a response, it’s certainly not unreasonable to be disgruntled by the flimsy nature of the response, nor the time between.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

They do love there cash grabs after all but the SAB coin cash grab was wrong by any MMO standard and I hold them in lower regard than I do other MMO’s.

The fact that they refuse to return SAB is proof at this point will those who bought the coin even return or have they already left in complete disgust?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

They do love there cash grabs after all but the SAB coin cash grab was wrong by any MMO standard and I hold them in lower regard than I do other MMO’s.

The fact that they refuse to return SAB is proof at this point will those who bought the coin even return or have they already left in complete disgust?

We never left?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

After a couple of weeks ppl complain there is nothing new in SAB. I think they want release it again if they have W3 finished. Which will take a while.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Guhracie.3419

After a couple of weeks ppl complain there is nothing new in SAB. I think they want release it again if they have W3 finished. Which will take a while.

There’s nothing new in Lornar’s Pass, but it’s still in the game. There’s nothing new in the game right now- should we take the whole game down? There are vendors who have sold nothing new since launch: should they be removed? This is such a bad argument for not bringing SAB back.

How long is “a while?” Is it more than 6 months? More than a year? Two years? The continue coin was a commitment to the community that this content would be worked on, and last summer it was revealed that it hasn’t been. World 1 was released over 2 years ago. World 2 was released over a year and a half ago.

-Mike O’Brien

Xillllix.3485

There’s nothing new in Lornar’s Pass, but it’s still in the game. There’s nothing new in the game right now- should we take the whole game down? There are vendors who have sold nothing new since launch: should they be removed? This is such a bad argument for not bringing SAB back.

How long is “a while?” Is it more than 6 months? More than a year? Two years? The continue coin was a commitment to the community that this content would be worked on, and last summer it was revealed that it hasn’t been. World 1 was released over 2 years ago. World 2 was released over a year and a half ago.

Might as well give up, if there is one thing we know is that Anet never change their mind even if they make the wrong decision. Look at the new trait system, or the WvW PPT mechanics. The only good change they’ve done for WvW this year (PPK) was removed after a few weeks; they are way too hesitant about changing things.