Survey: Want Ascended Armors & Weapons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

new question in old topic:
since ascended armors & weapons are upon us, how would you feel if ascended armors & weapons are able to swap into different skins & stats & runes & sigils & infusions once unlocked one by one?

this would be the best horizontal gear treadmill progression that guild wars 2 needs and could definitely benefit everyone in the long run.

original message posted 7 months ago here below:
Do you want Ascended Armors & Weapons?

Provided if,

1. The “Ascended Armor / Weapon Stats” are introduced as “Ascended Armor / Weapon Upgrade Stones” that turns Level 80 (Current Max Level) Exotic Armor / Weapon Stats into Level 80 (Current Max Level) Ascended Armor / Weapon Stats. Thus allowing you to retain your current armor skins without hassle, and upgrading the armor stats to ascended.

2. We are able craft Level 80 (Current Max Level) Ascended Armors, Weapons, Trinkets, Back Pieces via crafting stations.

3. The crafting materials required to craft Level 80 Ascended Armors, Weapons, Trinkets, Back Pieces are reasonable and not does not require an outrageous grind. For example, we need 1850 Fractal Relics to have ONE Ascended Back Item. The grind is a bit too much. There should be a skin-less no grind version of the Ascended Back Piece. Skin-less as in, does not show up on our toon, like those Back Items we got from our personal story:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Back_item
Personal story
No level requirement
From any of the level 33 quests: Killer Instinct, Down the Hatch, or Bad Blood.
Choice of: Hearty Back Brace, Enduring Back Brace, or Strong Back Brace.
L80 requirement/Masterwork:
From completing the personal story quests: Blast from the Past, Ships of the Line, The Steel Tide
Choice of: Berserkers Spineguard of the Berserker, Clerics Spineguard of the Cleric or Rampagers Spineguard of the Rampager

4. Acquire Ascended Armors, Weapons, Trinkets, Back Pieces with Karma.

5. A reasonable chance to acquire Ascended Armors, Weapons, Trinkets, Back Items via special dynamic events all over Tyria.

If all of the above are true and valid, would you still want “Ascended Armor” & “Ascended Weapons” then?

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Only if we can get it in WvW.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Only if we can get it in WvW.

hmmm i’m fine with that too.

eh wait, i thought they (anet) said people could get ascended items in WvW?

or they lied?

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Whether we want it or not, they have already said they will be releasing full Ascended armor and weapons.

And seeing as how the current trend on Ascended gear is (adding a new currency for every new piece they release), we are going to have a lot of new currencies each time they add more Ascended gear.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Whether we want it or not, they have already said they will be releasing full Ascended armor and weapons.

And seeing as how the current trend on Ascended gear is (adding a new currency for every new piece they release), we are going to have a lot of new currencies each time they add more Ascended gear.

hmmmm yeah.
from here:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

“Eventually, you’ll be able to kit yourself out with a full set of Ascended gear and high end Infusions to help give you the edge in end game content.”

unfortunately, i think they will just force us to use transmutation crystals if we want to retain our original armor skins.

well at least i always have to choice to do key runs anyway …

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

do you want ascended armor?

/jranger

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Tken.1986

Tken.1986

Then, I wonder if runes and sigils will be useless or not.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

oh why do you wonder about that? O_O

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

At this point I don’t mind ascended gear at all, what I mind is the moronic restrictions they place on getting them.

I say,
add hard mode to dungeons, and make higher than 30+ fractals drop ascended items other than rings instead of limiting acquisition to daily laurel crap and guild missions which you only earn 2-3 marks per week.

and stop introducing a new currency every time you introduce a piece of ascended armor for the love of all that is holy !!

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

What i want is new armors. I don’t care about increased stats i just want freaking new looks. In nine months we got NADA, not a single new armor, gg.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Not really. I just want new armor skins. I don’t feel like treadmilling I just wanna collect.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I want new armor skin too (or GW1 armors, and not the ones that no one wore…), I don’t even care if they are horrible and don’t fit my character at all, at least it will give me something to laugh at.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

oh why do you wonder about that? O_O

Because the ascended gear we have right now doesn’t have any upgrade slots.

@Topic

I’d actually like to see a new armor set for each race, basically a tier 4 cultural set.
(So I can complain about how much a.net hates charrs!111)

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

If its in FotM. then no, if its anywhere else, then yes.

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

No, because the whole ascended thing is absolutely alt unfriendly. If they make the laurels and thus the daily quests personal for each of your characters, I would agree.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

No i don t want the +1 armor to kill the +1 mob….

Its a pointless trendmill that doesn t add anything to what we have now….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

No. New skins yes, but I’m not at all interested in new stats. I’ll only use ascended if it becomes widely available, and isn’t expensive or grindy.

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Pretty much this i would rather do arah than fotm for ascended armor if i could.

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

No i want option to infuse exotic armor so i dont need to replace whole set and buy 2 sets of fine trans. stones because of 1 patch….

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Yes I do want ascended armour and ascended weapons.

Also, how about 80th level ascended sigils & runes? Its always struck me as strange sigils & runes stop at level 60…

Sigils & runes with different abilities from the current superior would give PvP a real shot in the arm, with new builds hopefully being possible. The same to a lesser extent would apply to WvW and PvE.

I also want ascended items available in WvW…its been 7 months since the first ascended items were released and still nothing in WvW…come on Anet…

Also, no new currencies, its stupid the amount of different currencies in this game…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

Yes I do want ascended armour and ascended weapons.

Also, how about 80th level ascended sigils & runes? Its always struck me as strange sigils & runes stop at level 60…

Sigils & runes with different abilities from the current superior would give PvP a real shot in the arm, with new builds hopefully being possible. The same to a lesser extent would apply to WvW and PvE.

I also want ascended items available in WvW…its been 7 months since the first ascended items were released and still nothing in WvW…come on Anet…

Also, no new currencies, its stupid the amount of different currencies in this game…

No, thank you. I dont want to farm 1 month for 1 single item.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There is no contradiction here. It should be in FotM – just as any other ascended gear should be accessible through FotM. It should also be everywhere else – including WvW, TP, dungeon/karma vendors, open world drops and crafting (the normal kind, not the Mystic Toilet one). Otherwise there’s really no point.

That saying, no, i’d have been happier if ascended gear was never implemented at all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

No i want option to infuse exotic armor so i dont need to replace whole set and buy 2 sets of fine trans. stones because of 1 patch….

yes, that was what i was trying to say

=====
as “upgrade stones” that turns
level 80 exotic armor stats into
level 80 ascended armor stats.
=====

give us rocks that turn our exotic stats into ascended stats.

but nooooo.
they want us to buy transmutation crystals.

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

No.
I hate that we have Ascended trinkets in the first place.
I’ve managed to basically ignore it and continue playing with all exotics. But if they add Ascended, they’ll eventually look at balancing any additional content around that gear instead of exotic.
I play this game to have end gear easily attainable so that I can then concentrate on refining my skill rather than chasing a carrot on a stick.
Gear is not an indication of how good a player you are. It’s an indication of how much free time you have, nothing more.
Skill should be the thing that separates the wheat from the chaff.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

No, in regards to how I like to play a game.

Games should be fun and continually grinding for more and more armour and weapon types is not my idea of fun.

It’s just an excuse for developers to avoid adding new content and from what I’ve seen of GW2 since my return, is that Arenanet are happy to add content and rotate it by making content temporary. That seems a good mechanic to prevent players getting bored too quickly.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

As long as we have more ways to obtain it, not just in fractals.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

It’s bad enough that for each new build you want to try out in WvW or PvE, you’ll be earning that gold for awhile.
Ascended has such a time gate element to it; you better know exactly what build you’re going to be using ahead of time and don’t change your mind.

Upgrading exotics with a recipe should have been introduced as each ascended trinket was.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Upgrading exotics with a recipe should have been introduced as each ascended trinket was.

but anet wants us to buy transmutation crystals … so how?

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

idc. if it means getting more armor skins (or100) I’m fine.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Well if you look at the two items (that I know of) at the moment that can be upgraded, the triforge pendant & the sclerite back piece.

Exotic —> Ascended (current recipes)
The triforge will cost you: 1 exotic triforge pendant, 1 glob of ecto, 1 mystic coin, and 1 fractal relic.
The sclerite back piece will cost: 1 exotic sclerite back piece, 50 glob of ecto, 250 karka shells, and 100 passion flowers.

Those are the only two that come to mind. But it can be done and therefore there is little reason it wasn’t already done for players. That little reason, to slow everyone down from getting ascended pieces too quickly.
My main will either be sitting on lots of laurels or I’ll break and get all celestial so I can change builds in the future.
My alts simply shed tears at their lack of ever becoming ascended.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

(edited by Infernia.9847)

LordByron.8369

another issue is also nerfbait anet loves so much that makes equip useless.

My knight/zerker ele gear got a hit as much as mesmer condition gear.

Now if they took the usual 3 weeks per pieces to get how would you feel?

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

As it stands now with trinkets, Ascended items have roughly 5% increased stats over Exotics. Nothing too bad, if you ask me.

Only if the armor follows this same pattern and cannot hold runes, I very much doubt that sacrificing the set effect of some runes is worth this meager increase. For example, I’d much rather have the set effect of my shouts removing a condition on me and allies (soldier runes) than a 5% increase in stats.

Maybe they will make recipes that convert runes into infusions, or just give the armor rune slots so your AR doesn’t get too crazy.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

Posted by: Monstrowhale.9156

Monstrowhale.9156

Will echo some of the posters above me – I’m fine with a slight gear treadmill, as long as I can earn the stuff in a reasonable time period, by playing the game the way I like to (i.e. attainable through various activities. i.e. not through crappy Fractals).

Plantbearpig [PONY]
FSP

Posted by: Lasagne.8045

Lasagne.8045

Nope! No desire in Ascended anything tbh.

Case in point, I’ve spent my first bunch of laurels on Chauncey and now am working towards my endless cat tonic. I’m also one guild commendation away from my first golem pet!

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I don’t care either way if they add it or not, but if they do, make sure we can get it in WvW somehow. Still waiting, since november, for ascended in WvW. I don’t think they should even consider adding the armor till they actually give us the freaking jewelery.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Eh, as long as they don’t add another tier after ascended apart from Legendary, ascended armor sounds fine. And weapons.

What I’m really waiting for is legendary armor, though.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If they add ascended armor and weapons, I hope they come to their senses and make them craftable, able to uses sigils and runes, AND make the mats requirements reasonable, not this 250 of whatevers.

I have 8 level 80s. The time it will take to get just the jewerly for all them is far too long. I don’t need to add that amount of time for armor and weapons on top of it.

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

I do want it! I actually like gear progression, as long as it doesn’t mean new and better gear will be made avaliable 1 month after I’ve completed my set. I really hope ascended armor and weapons will have some unique and good looking skins though, like the fractal capacitor.

Edit: and there better be a set with celestial stats. :P

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

LordByron.8369

As it stands now with trinkets, Ascended items have roughly 5% increased stats over Exotics. Nothing too bad, if you ask me.

Agony Resistance

YOU NEED ascended to play….

Every piece requires about 3 weeks.

Any patch could render your PvE build useless because some PvP player is sad :|

Any further ascended item will be an issue.

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Agony Resistance

YOU NEED ascended to play….

Every piece requires about 3 weeks.

Any patch could render your PvE build useless because some PvP player is sad :|

Any further ascended item will be an issue.

That’s assuming the person is doing fractals, which a lot of us don’t give a rat’s fart about.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

I’d like ascended armor however it should be PvE only as it would give a huge advantage in WvW since lots of players still use even Rare gear

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I want new armor designs and looks, dont care particularly if they have a few stats more or not.

Posted by: Manifest.8415

Manifest.8415

The introduction of ascended armor would pretty much wipe out all need for runes and Upgrade components. If that’s the case I refuse to farm 50+ gold for divinity runes. So far I have 2, Rather save gold for lodestones for the inevitable precursor hunt.

Posted by: Elof.2350

Elof.2350

Imo they shouldnt add ascended armor

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’m not to fond of the idea farming for Ascended gear once again. I have 3 different sets for my warrior. 2 for my guardian and soon to be 2 for my Ele. I like having a variety of top level gear to play around with different builds in WvW. The idea for collecting ascended versions of all those armor set is just ugh. I would rather have a recipe for adding infusion slots to exotic armor without changing the stats. That way I can keep all the armor I have and just infuse the ones I want to do Fractals with.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I would not object but if I can’t use my runes, it won’t do me much good.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I’m totally against the idea of a continuing hunt for better armour while even better armour is coming out and I refuse to get myself ascended armour. I have geared all my characters up with exotic quality material and kitten anet if they want to let players do all their work over.

No I don’t want new higher stat armour, no I don’t want new currencies, no I don’t want to be forced to play game content that I don’t like (e.g. dailies).

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Rooks Zaer.5846

Rooks Zaer.5846

No.

-Anything- would be better than what they’ve done so far with the current ascended gear.

Implementing a new gear tier was unnecessary. Giving the gear better stats was unnecessary. Adding agony resist was unnecessary and cheapens the whole skill/teamwork aspect of fractals progression. Making the gear available only through certain venues was dumb. Using the gear as shallow (and extremely obvious) time-sink is dumb. Implementing the gear in the most alt/build unfriendly way possible is dumb.

Part of me wants them to raise the level cap so they can deprecate the current garbage and implement better/more interesting item progression.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Not particularly.

Personally I want more skins more than I want better stats. I want ascended armour in large part, because I’d assume new skins would come with them.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

No. It’s just unnecessary.