TC's Cursed Shore being choked by Ember farm.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

LOL, so you didn’t grasp the fact that they are griefing and when they stop the farm chain not a single one of them open the gates as is the reason they give for doing it.
And while you are busy not reading,it is none of your business how anyone plays the game. Read the post above mine and see what Colin said.

If it’s not any of your business how other people play the game, why are you complaining about how others are actually playing the game as intended and so finishing events?

Weak counter-argument is weak. Players don’t need any reason to complete an event. Preventing others from exploiting the game does happen to be a good reason, so stopping the farmers is a very worthwhile goal, but claiming that those who are just finishing an event should be banned is rather nonsensical.

And I’m still waiting, what’s your server? Or did you “not read” the question?

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

LOL, so you didn’t grasp the fact that they are griefing and when they stop the farm chain not a single one of them open the gates as is the reason they give for doing it.
And while you are busy not reading,it is none of your business how anyone plays the game. Read the post above mine and see what Colin said.

If it’s not any of your business how other people play the game, why are you complaining about how others are actually playing the game as intended and so finishing events?

Weak counter-argument is weak. Players don’t need any reason to complete an event. Preventing others from exploiting the game does happen to be a good reason, so stopping the farmers is a very worthwhile goal, but claiming that those who are just finishing an event should be banned is rather nonsensical.

Griefing farmers by finishing the events just to spite them is like stealing from thieves – you are still in the wrong.

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

Let’s not mince words here. Completing an event isn’t trolling. You can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig.

Those that say “Guys. Don’t attack boss! Just stand near him so he upscales and they can’t kill him”. THAT is trolling/griefing. No two ways around it.

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Today I Learned: That trying to complete the event gets you labeled a ‘troll’. And those of us who might want to actually use the flippin’ waypoint as the quick route to the Cathedral, Promenade, and Hallows, well, too bad or something.

But, hey, Anet will Do Something like probably nerf bat the champs to vets and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Too bad, so sad. I lost my sympathy here.

There are those who do it cause completing is winning, and those that know completing makes others rage and they get entertainment from it.

I honestly dont understand why not guest to a different server to complete it? If a temple or something isnt open for me, i look on to different servers to find it (there are websites that do it).

‘But its my server…!’ Yes…but i bet the servers that are trying to open it would consider you better heroes than posting pics of denying farmers loot. The only thing you cant do while guesting is wvw, which this event doesnt matter then.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I went to CS yesterday to see what all the fuss is about, this is what I had taken in.

Lag, skill lag, culling, and a bunch of players running around in circles kiling champs trying to find groups of leet dps….hours at a time, how boring.

Here Anet $15 this month/gems to gold covers anything I would got in that mess, back to playing the game, I don’t mind paying a sub fee. =)

JQ Druid

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

You guys know how there are some DE’s that allow access to special items upon completion?

Like http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Seed_Pod

and http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ogre_pet_whistle

I actually think it would be pretty cool if they expand on that. Not saying they all have to be combat related, some could be silly/cool looking animation items.

“Using this item will summon a ghostly lantern that will follow you for 30min”

An awesome alternative light source that doesn’t take up a weapon or accessory slot? Yes please.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Quarktastic.1027

Griefing farmers by finishing the events just to spite them is like stealing from thieves – you are still in the wrong.

What if we want to complete the event so we can open arah?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Serophous.9085

Its already open? Just the wp is contested. You can run to it.

Quarktastic.1027

If arah is contested, and the embers are up, I’m fairly certain it prevents the arah chain from starting. If I’m wrong, I apologize.

But that still doesn’t make it right to fail events on purpose. Anyone who calls anyone else a troll for purposefully attempting to complete an event is an idiot and needs to be slapped with a fish.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Serophous.9085

If arah is contested, and the embers are up, I’m fairly certain it prevents the arah chain from starting. If I’m wrong, I apologize.

But that still doesn’t make it right to fail events on purpose. Anyone who calls anyone else a troll for purposefully attempting to complete an event is an idiot and needs to be slapped with a fish.

It use to be you had to do the even chain to open arah. But people complained enough and the dungeon is always open.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

This thing is ruining the game economy and inflation is eating at the TP. I applaud all the groups that are working hard at actually completing the event and shutting that dumb thing down. You couldn’t possibly afford anything by playing the game normally if you let these armies of zombies who ask for nothing but a spot where they can mindlessly spend their time pressing 11111 inject new gold into the system by such amounts.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

I can see this farm getting hit the same way as the Harathi centaur farm did so that the loot:time ratio is better for completing the chain than failing at that one point repeatedly. One way I guess would be to hold back any champ boxes until the end of the event where they can be collected via wiggly chest. If the event fails then no boxes earned. Another, probably more easier, way would be to reduce the number of champs present in offensive events but increase them for defensive ones to compensate, potentially making holding Arah/Anchorage more profitable than taking it.

Personally I always liked the fact that Arah was locked down unless your server had control over it. It meant that the server cared if the quest chain wasn’t done or when Arah was under attack.

Posted by: Dont.6985

Dont.6985

I’m glad ANet’s going to be fixing it, and not the champion loot in general. This will hurt the economy in the long run. It’s already making the community toxic.
Sure, I’m one of those “horrible” people completing it daily on the three big servers, mostly out of fun, or for the daily Wizard chest. But when an entire group of people verbally harass other players, send death threats and stalk others just because completing an event interrupts with their gold intake from doing an event in a way it was never intended to be done, I honestly don’t care.
It’s just a game, even the attitudes of people I play with turn toxic when all off a sudden their new way of getting fast and quick gold is interrupted.
I’m just as guilty of exploiting other game mechanics throughout the game, as I’m sure everyone is at one point or another, but I feel this ember farming is just a little over the top. Even the temples/world bosses are seeing a big drop in participation because people would rather fail this event, then go onto other areas of the game.

Remember though, it’s just a game. There’s no need for people to be getting this angry towards each other.

(edited by Dont.6985)

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Today I Learned: That trying to complete the event gets you labeled a ‘troll’… /snip

Unfortunately, the ratio of those who are doing it solely to spite farmers and those who are legitimately trying to progress has made it so that the farmers will automatically label you a troll. Did you try communicating your desire or did you just run in and try to kill cauldrons without saying anything, or worse yet, did you “poke the bear” and say something nasty to the farmers?

Many times, you make your own bed. Don’t be afraid to lie in it.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

" Sticks and Stones………………."

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

I’ve personally farmed at this event a couple of times now and I’m more than happy to fail and repeat.

However, the second I see someone abusing another player in map chat for completing the event I’ll help finish the event just to spite that kitten.

Quarktastic.1027

When the zerglings start infesting the cursed shore, I can’t do anything there without lagging horribly. So I will be one of the first to try and complete the event, just to disperse the zerg.

I can’t even pick omnomberries in peace anymore.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

This thing is ruining the game economy and inflation is eating at the TP. I applaud all the groups that are working hard at actually completing the event and shutting that dumb thing down. You couldn’t possibly afford anything by playing the game normally if you let these armies of zombies who ask for nothing but a spot where they can mindlessly spend their time pressing 11111 inject new gold into the system by such amounts.

That feel when threatened to be kicked from guild for completing it

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

When the zerglings start infesting the cursed shore, I can’t do anything there without lagging horribly. So I will be one of the first to try and complete the event, just to disperse the zerg.

Really, I want my Onoms to be picked in peace and quiet. {:þ

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Really, I want my Onoms to be picked in peace and quiet. {:þ

get your toon some of these noise cancelling fluffy muff things

Attachments:

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

The solution seems simple to me, ban the anti-farmers for a few days and let the rest take notice, and the rest of us can make our coin in peace. Lord knows that every other money making event has been turned into a “not worth the effort” event. Anet wanted people in the open world and now they are out there, and being abused for it.

LOL, so you want ArenaNet to ban people for finishing an event? Instead of banning the exploiters who are intentionally failing an event, which is obviously not playing the game as intended?

Right. Which server are you on again? I’m sure this event is going to be a huge success there, over and over again.

I didn’t take that guy’s obvious bait…. I’m not sure why you are.
Like I said, there’s nothing to argue to about. They’ll either nerf this like they did Giant on the Promenade, or there will be some kind of account wide D.R. to Coffer frequency just like they’ve done to tokens (which didn’t actually deserve it, but w/e…)

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

We can’t help failing an event if it’s too hard.

Came across this event for the first time since the changes last night and wasn’t aware of the whole “farming” thing there yet. So the embers come up and finally a named champion comes up. Then, oddly enough, everyone starts yelling to stop dpsing the Champion. They were very clear, fail the event and you can farm the champions again, succeed and you’ll have to wait for hours. It wouldn’t have been difficult at all to succeed. As a matter of fact, as soon as the event failed message appeared everyone burned him down in seconds.

So no. Be honest. No one is failing because of difficulty, they’re deliberately failing because of the farming and giving people a ton of grief if they try to succeed. (I was called a troll for not knowing to stop dps at that point.)

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Grey Warden.2983

Grey Warden.2983

Just as it is none of your business how other people play, works both ways, except when you name something an exploit that Anet has refused to call an exploit.

Weak straw man argument is weak. The griefers in this thread only complete that event to grief those that are farming it. They have proudly and loudly proclaimed that, several have suggested that people join in the effort across all servers to break that chain. What they are doing if griefing and it’s as plain as the nose on your face.
But yet you people seem to have convinced yourselves you have a noble cause and so the means justifies the end. Well it doesn’t.

Once more, I do not want people banned for completing events, I want the griefers banned for griefing. It isn’t hard to see the difference unless doing so removes your straw man.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

better solution:

Don’t tie the event to Arah…. Then we know that there won’t be any legitimate progressionists that are completing the event. Easy to tell the griefers from the players that way.

As I said…griefing is griefing. Doesn’t matter which side you’re on.

Level 80 Elementalist

VOLKON.1290

better solution:

Don’t tie the event to Arah…. Then we know that there won’t be any legitimate progressionists that are completing the event. Easy to tell the griefers from the players that way.

Completing an event that is intended to be completed is never going to be taken as griefing. Insulting players, however, that are trying to complete the event could get you in trouble.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

Simple solution to the problem: TIME.
If the event goes on for too long champions will get INVULNERABLE and will ONE-SHOT everyone to DEATH. They will REMAIN INVULNERABLE for several seconds and go back to normal. If people keep delaying the event the INVULNERABILITY will b]LAST LONGER,[/b] to the point were people can’t do the event anymore.

Even simpler solution. EVENT FAILED. Champions disappear.

I present to you there is a better solution that doesn’t involve changing the champion farm at all.

Remove the reason people feel the need to farm the champions. There are plenty of ways to do it. The problem isn’t that people want to fail the event to mess with other people, unlike the other side that want to complete it mostly to just hurt the farmers. The problem is that people feel they are forced to farm in order to get what they want. If you removed the need to farm in order to get those items, you remove the problem without having to nerf anything.

We aren’t talking some incredibly complex fix either. Right now people do it in order to get one of the new skins, let’s be honest we’ve all gotten one of the 20+ gold items and sold it, that’s how we make our money. What if Anet made those skins craftable, but account bound? Sure they could still drop, but if you could also craft them you wouldn’t see many of these problems. They could even add special recipes in the black lion chests, or just make them available in the gem store for 200 gems etc. These are just ideas, but the point is to remove the reason people feel the need to farm.

Again something the people getting angry at the farmers don’t seem to understand is that WE DON"T ENJOY THE MINDLESS FARMING. It’s just a means to an end. The means is farming, the end is enjoyment. If Anet provides a way to reach that enjoyment with different means I can guarantee you that people will go that path.

This is my solution to the issue (originally presented in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Shank-Anchorage-farm-rewards-failure/page/2#post2619893)

For all Dynamic Events, make the ‘champ loot’ not awarded or lootable immediately but accumulated in a buffer (or whatever the proper term is) for each player. If the event succeeds, everyone involved gets whatever they’ve earned in the buffer as a bonus chest. If it fails, you get only the karma and XP.

Overall, the Zerg will get their rewards, players who want to complete events can do so (with some assistance from the zerg even) and A-net will not be rewarding failure.

Sounds like promoting my own idea but I think this would be easier to implement across all events in the game than having a dev customizing for each event in the game.

Anyway, I have my own concerns with this champ farming as well:

1. Inflation – I’ve noticed the upward creep of prices for desirable goods. The few items I’ve been monitoring, as much as 60% since the Queen’s Jubilee started. How are folks who do not want to participate in zergs going to keep up? Or is this what A-net plans for GW2 to be now?

2. ‘Skill vs reward’ – Personally I didn’t fare very well in dungeons but I could understand that those who frequented Dungeon Explorables gaining some nice loot and other rewards. Its not easy and takes some amount of expertise to overcome. These zerg, its just a bunch of people running around and tagging as much as they can. And they bring so much toxicity to the community, besides. Hard for me to see why is this being rewarded.

I’m very interested to see how A-net plans to fix this.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

They can ‘grief’ all they want, they can’t cover all 5 servers (BG/JQ/SoR/TC/DB) that do it frequently and zerg it hardcore.

I’ve already made my +500g from the event, so I’ve come out on top already. Anything extra is gravy.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

better solution:

Completing an event that is intended to be completed is never going to be taken as griefing. Insulting players, however, that are trying to complete the event could get you in trouble.

Griefers like you make the community a very hostile place. I can only hope Anet will see these responses and properly ban those who are harassing farmers for no other reason then trying to make people mad.

Grey Warden.2983

They can ‘grief’ all they want, they can’t cover all 5 servers (BG/JQ/SoR/TC/DB) that do it frequently and zerg it hardcore…

You would be wrong, they have and do cover all 5 servers.

Vol.5241

They can ‘grief’ all they want, they can’t cover all 5 servers (BG/JQ/SoR/TC/DB) that do it frequently and zerg it hardcore…

You would be wrong, they have and do cover all 5 servers.

Of course, at certain times of the day. But I have not seen an instance where I guested on all three servers and they were all being griefed at the same time.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Some folks try to complete, in most cases it’s nearly impossible since the boss is scaled very high. The ones trying to complete usually die and no one rezs them… I made a decent chunk of gold doing it. Had some laughs with a pretty decent group of people. All in all, i’d say it was a pretty good experience and i typically don’t get into the farming game.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

justkoh.4073

better solution:

Griefers like you make the community a very hostile place. I can only hope Anet will see these responses and properly ban those who are harassing farmers for no other reason then trying to make people mad.

This post is pretty funny; farmers turning around and crying about griefers when they are the ones deliberately failing events for personal enrichment and insulting people for doing what the game was designed for (i.e. completing events).

No player owns any event or champs. No one gets to call dibs on them.

That said, this conflict shouldn’t exist. Players should be working towards the same goal and I don’t mean by joining farming zergs. Bad game design caused it. A-net should stop rewarding failure.

Grey Warden.2983

better solution:

This post is pretty funny; farmers turning around and crying about griefers when they are the ones deliberately failing events for personal enrichment and insulting people for doing what the game was designed for (i.e. completing events).

It’s pretty funny, as in an odd way, that you can’t see that it isn’t that they complete the event but their stated reason for doing it.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

That feel when threatened to be kicked from guild for completing it

Their tears would taste delicious I bet.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i don’t see what’s the griefs are all about.

people guested to certain servers to farm ember by failing events….

i believe people can also guest to other servers that do not hold such activities to complete the events…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

munkiman.3068

What’s interesting is if these large zergs did the entire 2 hour run, they’d be swimming in champ chests. The temples reset every 2 hours, it takes slightly longer to complete them all, which basically means you could do all the temples, all day long, completing each event and getting an extreme amount of loot. Why that’s not happening, i can only attribute to people not knowing or simply being lazy.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

What’s interesting is if these large zergs did the entire 2 hour run, they’d be swimming in champ chests. The temples reset every 2 hours, it takes slightly longer to complete them all, which basically means you could do all the temples, all day long, completing each event and getting an extreme amount of loot. Why that’s not happening, i can only attribute to people not knowing or simply being lazy.

Because 500 vegetables can group together and farm embers. 500 vegetables probably need at least one person with a brain to do all the temples.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

justkoh.4073

better solution:

It’s pretty funny, as in an odd way, that you can’t see that it isn’t that they complete the event but their stated reason for doing it.

You’re upset that they complete the events to ‘grief’ the farmers. But why can’t they complete it? It was made to be completed. Nobody owns it. You don’t and I don’t.

Actually, farmers will mind as long as the event gets completed. Doesn’t matter whether they do it to upset farmers or because they want to follow the pact’s progression through Orr (even when they’ve asked nicely beforehand), farmers will claim they’ve been trolled and insults will fly etc. IMO, since asking nicely doesn’t serve any purpose (and ironically may lead to a sense of entitlement in farmers), why bother to?

The argument against completing the ember event in Cursed Shore has even less weight than for completing the Frostgorge events. For FG, some folks say “why are you taking an interest only now?” and there is no deliberate failure too. But in CS, people were actually regularly completing the events leading up to assaulting the Gates of Arah in the weeks leading up to the Queen’s Jubilee. And speaking of griefing, I have the Gates of Arah waypoint but now I need to run the gauntlet because folks are deliberately (though indirectly) locking it?

No farmer wants to admit it is bad game design which causes this conflict amongst players because it is the bad design which lets them farm and enrich themselves thus.

Vol.5241

What? You honestly think you can get more loot completing the chain?

Have you even tried anchorage farm?

kitten, the pre-event escort to anchorage farm gives more chests than a fully scaled Melandru chain.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Ember farming is exactly what GW2 needed, it promotes getting a group together to do events. What Arenanet need to do now is tweak it so that it’s more beneficial to complete the event.

Co-ordinating an event chain is way better than waypointing from champ to champ, if you removed the incentives for doing events like ember then all you are left with are waypoint farming.

I’d much rather do event chains than farming a champ rotation.

I just want to point out, we agree. The game is more fun and exciting when defeating things and working together with other players is rewarding. Champions have always been an issue in this area, and it’s why we addressed it, we’re continuing to pursue other areas in the game in upcoming releases as well.

That being said: the behavior we want is people join up together to play events, but they want to succeed those events and win them, we never want to be in a state where intentionally failing an event is more rewarding or better for players. We’re not going to take a giant hammer to champion loot, we love it and love seeing people joining together to do events. We do want to make succeeding events what the game is about. We also do want to make some events in the future even more challenging, and in return more rewarding for succeeding.

You will see changes over time to help directly encourage players to always want to try and succeed events, we don’t ever want to create conflict between players who want to progress an event chain, and those who want to fail it. It’s bad for the game and not what Gw2 is all about.

Make the karma and gold reward for completing events worthwhile. 378 karma and 2 silver doesnt cut it. Never has, never will. Make karma worth farming for people that don’t want orr sets or a legendary.

Currently, if you are not farming for a legendary or going after a temple set, dynamic events reward a level 80 with nothing useful. The $$ given is poor, the karma is useless, and until we have those purchasable skills via skill points, experience is useless too.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

VOLKON.1290

better solution:

Griefers like me? I only made a simple statement of fact without offering any personal opinions one way or the other.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

I’ve personally farmed at this event a couple of times now and I’m more than happy to fail and repeat.

However, the second I see someone abusing another player in map chat for completing the event I’ll help finish the event just to spite that kitten.

I do the same thing as well. People will cry for hours on end about how they were trolled by someone ending the event instead of just joining the group and killing other champions.

munkiman.3068

kitten, the pre-event escort to anchorage farm gives more chests than a fully scaled Melandru chain.

Yes, I’ve done both. The temple zerg last night yielded me about 47 chests plus the main large event chests. For that same 2.5 hours doing the chain, I got about 26, although in fairness, we failed the 1st part of the event before getting to the embers more often than not. Going all through the event yields around 12-13 each run. Not counting the 3 or 4 champs we did in between the cycle.

The temple crew before avoided the champs/events since there was no reason to do them, now they do every one they pass by, including 2 up-scaled events that spawned 4-5 champs each. The temple crew on NSP at reset every night has a pretty darn good run now and it’s at least not milking the same fail state event over and over.

Vol.5241

Yes, I’ve done both. The temple zerg last night yielded me about 47 chests plus the main large event chests. For that same 2.5 hours doing the chain, I got about 26, although in fairness, we failed the 1st part of the event before getting to the embers more often than not. Going all through the event yields around 12-13 each run. Not counting the 3 or 4 champs we did in between the cycle.

The temple crew before avoided the champs/events since there was no reason to do them, now they do every one they pass by, including 2 up-scaled events that spawned 4-5 champs each. The temple crew on NSP at reset every night has a pretty darn good run now and it’s at least not milking the same fail state event over and over.

That’s your problem, you’re not running with a huge enough zerg. The top 5 servers zerg anchorage and get it to scale enough that 3 champs pop up on each cauldron, not to mention the 2 risen waves from the east and north, as well as the 2 champion wizards in the back. With a large enough zerg and a guardian party, you get +85% of the champ drops and they melt quickly. With a good group you get 20-30 boxes every 10m successful meddler runs.

[Permabanned on Forums]

(edited by Vol.5241)

munkiman.3068

That’s your problem, you’re not running with a huge enough zerg. The top 5 servers zerg anchorage and get it to scale enough that 3 champs pop up on each cauldron, not to mention the 2 risen waves from the east and north, as well as the 2 champion wizards in the back. With a large enough zerg and a guardian party, you get +85% of the champ drops and they melt quickly. With a good group you get 20-30 boxes every 10m successful meddler runs.

Nah, it was a new form of trolling. There was a group of 10 pulling aggro to the NPC’s then getting “bomb’d” causing them all to die and insta fail.

Even when we did manage to pass it at best it was 20 chests in about 25 minutes. Never saw 30, even in a 3 zerk staff guardian and one mesmer.

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

Nah, it was a new form of trolling. There was a group of 10 pulling aggro to the NPC’s then getting “bomb’d” causing them all to die and insta fail.

Even when we did manage to pass it at best it was 20 chests in about 25 minutes. Never saw 30, even in a 3 zerk staff guardian and one mesmer.

But…I thought you couldn’t be blamed for failing events that were too hard! I thought that what people were saying before…

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Because 500 vegetables can group together and farm embers. 500 vegetables probably need at least one person with a brain to do all the temples.

They’d be doing all the Dungeons instead if they were actually as clever and rational as they claim they are here… Maybe it’s a Fluke, but the Coffers I get from Dungeons actually seem to have better drop rates and less “garbage” in them… (and the Champs sometimes die faster just b/c there isn’t 50 staff guardians Scaling their HP up to Lyssa levels)

My favorite one though is “Orr was totally empty before we got there! No one did gates!” … I can’t think of a more obvious “well we’ve been in COF the last few months but we’re pretty sure this is how it probably was on the surface while we were gone. It perfectly fits the stereotype of greedy people who assume nothing worthwhile ever happens when they’re not there… (meanwhile they’re also missing out on even bigger long term wealth opportunities)

(edited by ilr.9675)

Grey Warden.2983

They’d be doing all the Dungeons instead if they were actually as clever and rational as they claim they are here… Maybe it’s a Fluke, but the Coffers I get from Dungeons actually seem to have better drop rates and less “garbage” in them… (and the Champs sometimes die faster just b/c there isn’t 50 staff guardians Scaling their HP up to Lyssa levels)

My favorite one though is “Orr was totally empty before we got there! No one did gates!” … I can’t think of a more obvious “well we’ve been in COF the last few months but we’re pretty sure this is how it probably was on the surface while we were gone. It perfectly fits the stereotype of greedy people who assume nothing worthwhile ever happens when they’re not there… (meanwhile they’re also missing out on even bigger long term wealth opportunities)

This has absolutely nothing to do with the issue or your behavior.
There has been no long term, short term or any other wealth opportunities in Orr for months. You know it and Anet knows it because Colin said as much in this thread.

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

You know, in a “smart” community, we’d designate some (one? two?) servers to pass the event to get the merch and some servers to fail, so people can continue to farm. With free guesting you just go where it’s you kind of deal.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

You know, in a “smart” community, we’d designate some (one? two?) servers to pass the event to get the merch and some servers to fail, so people can continue to farm. With free guesting you just go where it’s you kind of deal.

+1

exactly what i meant in my post… but well, some players are not smart enough though…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK