Tequatl Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I think doubling his health was a bad idea. Typical anet hamfisted approach to fixing things.

12 minutes to get to 75%. Guess teq event is dead. Thanks for never giving me a teq hoard in over 300 tries, anet.

(edited by Becka Williams.4978)

Posted by: Luna Peregrina.5708

Luna Peregrina.5708

Teq is probably the one boss that didn’t need it.
All the others were easy, although increase the HP doesn’t make them any harder, just longer tbh.
I am aware there is no crits atm, but it was already long enough, Teq did not need an HP increase.

Ruby Lauffeuer – Asura Ranger
Officer of Midway [mWAY] – Dragonbrand
~Veni Vivi Dormivi~

Becka Williams.4978

Yep, failed. Thanks anet.

Posted by: Ather.5091

Ather.5091

Teq does have a crit spot, it is just further back. Best way to describe the spot is directly beneath his belly, behind his arms when he is idle.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

This really seems like balance that was not at all thought out. “Double health allow crits?” “Sure why not!” I can’t fathom any real thought was given to this.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

/facepalm x 10000 to Anet…
Whenever you think they could sink no lower, they always exceeds that expectation.

Also the lies that Teq could be crit (only the head can be and its difficult to land a hit on its head).

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Becka Williams.4978

Guess I’m done with teq. All I wanted was a hoard. Never got one. Thanks anet.

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

increase the HP doesn’t make them any harder, just longer tbh.

This.
And honestly despite people claiming the bosses were going down too fast, it didn’t seem fast enough to be worth ‘adjusting’. Had hoped it may have been enough to improve the odds of getting a THW kill though, but it seems that dream is dead.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Yes, kittening hell.

The thing has 100 billion HP now, this is ridiculous.

You need every player in the game to kill this thing.

Balanced…LMAO.

Terrible.

Posted by: Nitross.6987

Nitross.6987

Just tried Tequatl myself. I think we should reserve judgement on the “too much health” until they fix it so ALL hitboxes can be critically hit.

Because I refuse to believe that only making one odd middle hit box work and leave out the fore legs is “working as intended”.

- Fort Aspenwood -

Posted by: Luna Peregrina.5708

Luna Peregrina.5708

The double HP/allow crits would work on most of the bosses (although it doesn’t really make them any more challenging, so I don’t understand the point).
But for Teq, which was already difficult enough to do in the time constraints unless you were in a mega full map, making the event longer will make it near impossible. Especially for the very very low chance at a semi decent reward.
It was fine how it was.

Ruby Lauffeuer – Asura Ranger
Officer of Midway [mWAY] – Dragonbrand
~Veni Vivi Dormivi~

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yah. Overtuned a bit maybe. Took a long time to get to first battery phase then the first burn failed. After that, it was a downhill slide to failure.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Setay.2135

Setay.2135

Teq and all of the world bosses are not reliably critable. My necro in shroud has 100% crit chance. I stood directly under him and hit shroud 4 and not one thing crit.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

They should increase Teq’s health by just 50% and add condi immunity or resistance.
Teq should be immune to poison and health siphon.
And have a 50 to 75 percentage dmg reduction based on how many stack of hardened scales is on it.
Add a 360% tail swipe at random where players are flung far away. Frequency is like 1 in 1000 or more.

That would be a better solution than giving it HP x 200%

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

They should increase Teq’s health by just 50% and add condi immunity or resistance.
Teq should be immune to poison and health siphon.
And have a 50 to 75 percentage dmg reduction based on how many stack of hardened scales is on it.
Add a 360% tail swipe at random where players are flung far away. Frequency is like 1 in 1000 or more.

That would be a better solution than giving it HP x 200%

Perfect.

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

Full organized map failed Teq, didn’t even hit 50% or first burn phase. Overdid it, as per usual.

I get the boost for bosses like Fire Elemental, Shatterer, etc. as they melted especially fast after the patch, but other bosses are taking a fairly long time, to the extent you risk ending up in an overflow map for the next boss. The overflows are truly screwed, as the fight takes even longer and has a greater chance to fail— and more importantly, they still don’t require skill (apart from strategy fights like Teq and Triple trouble).

Definitely needs some fine tuning, Anet. Get your staff in world to see how badly this was done. (As they did post trait patch, which I imagine it why the boost took place)

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

Teq does have a crit spot, it is just further back. Best way to describe the spot is directly beneath his belly, behind his arms when he is idle.

That’s ridiculous. If you’re going to permit crits on world bosses, it shouldn’t be a janky positioning requirement. If you hit the target, the crit chance should apply.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

That’s ridiculous. If you’re going to permit crits on world bosses, it shouldn’t be a janky positioning requirement. If you hit the target, the crit chance should apply.

Yeah, this would make sense.

Posted by: Vink.6453

Vink.6453

totally agree

Posted by: baconcupcaxe.4208

baconcupcaxe.4208

This is sad to hear. I am hopeful teq will be rebalanced to become again a defeatable boss given a coordinated effort. Do we know of turrets are reliably critting?

If you have fought with me before, LABRSS server hopes to once again organise fun and coordinated teq kills.

Lady Emojuin, Bacon Cupcaxe
Soylent Greenleaf, River Songstress
Gate of Madness

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

I couldn’t even land a single crit on Teq earlier, and I already tried all the possible hit boxes.
Also, I don’t think Teq needs 2x HP. 1.25-1.5x HP increase should be fine.
I guess no daily 2 golds from Teq until Anet fixes it.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

After the first patch when Teq melted like butter I suggested maybe doubling his health.

I TAKE IT BACK! Haha. I know this will eventually get sorted out but whoo boy. Balance team needs to take lighter touches instead of coming in with a sledge hammer. :P

Posted by: Muzicman.9741

Muzicman.9741

After the first patch when Teq melted like butter I suggested maybe doubling his health.

I TAKE IT BACK! Haha. I know this will eventually get sorted out but whoo boy. Balance team needs to take lighter touches instead of coming in with a sledge hammer. :P

You’d think their sledgehammer would be falling apart at this point. I love this game, but man Anet really has serious trouble with game balance.

Posted by: Benty.7140

Benty.7140

In order to get into a map that has enough players/organization to kill teq I have to show up an hour early and usually I walk away with some greens and a spoon. Now I get to show up an hour early, spend twice as much time trying to kill him, and still get a spoon.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

The 2x HP on Teq could be ok if all attacks would have a chance of critting not just the ones that hit some obscure spot somewhere.

Posted by: Muzicman.9741

Muzicman.9741

In order to get into a map that has enough players/organization to kill teq I have to show up an hour early and usually I walk away with some greens and a spoon. Now I get to show up an hour early, spend twice as much time trying to kill him, and still get a spoon.

Assuming you can even kill him. I walked away today with 4 greens. After getting into an organized map 45 minutes early. I don’t understand why they would think teq would need 2x the health. I can only imagine the wurm…

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Well I expected a Buff to these Bosses after they melted so fast the last Days, but now, wow. is this even just doubling the Health?, looks more like 10 times or 20 times. Another Problem here is that the Crit Spots aren’t working as intended, thus making much less damage than we could. Hope Anet can fix the Crit Spots and adjust the Health so they just have double the amount of HP they had earlier.

Posted by: NiBlack.3149

NiBlack.3149

“Organised tequatl, 5k AP, gear check Berserker/Rabit/Sinster”

So they just gutted usefulness of other gear. Or should I say made that not dps gear becoming heavy burden in word bosses to others…

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Well I expected a Buff to these Bosses after they melted so fast the last Days, but now, wow. is this even just doubling the Health?, looks more like 10 times or 20 times. Another Problem here is that the Crit Spots aren’t working as intended, thus making much less damage than we could. Hope Anet can fix the Crit Spots and adjust the Health so they just have double the amount of HP they had earlier.

At most only a 25% buff was needed for all world bosses. After they removed the uncap 5 target thing or w/e that was buffing everyone, we had teq killed at a normal time around 11 mins, and this was before the condi changes. So the world bosses life were right where they needed to be.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

This really seems like balance that was not at all thought out. “Double health allow crits?” “Sure why not!” I can’t fathom any real thought was given to this.

It makes perfect sense. With berserker, allowing crits about doubles the damage. So double the health to make up for it. They had to do this because conditions now hit as hard as berserker regardless of the crits (which is why world bosses died faster recently). As soon as all hitbox will be able to crit, this should get back to normal.

Posted by: UnawarePolarBear.9502

UnawarePolarBear.9502

The whining has hit all time highs.

I for one think trying these crazy ideas is a good thing – we’re presumably a few months away from Heart of Thorns, and the balance needs to be perfected by then. Let them do crazy things.

Missing out on a few Tequatl kills, and then throwing ArenaNet to the wolves because you’re not able to burn his crazy amounts of health just seems stupid.

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

Did Teq on a pug map tonight and we downed him without issue. Although, I did hear some guildies cursing from alternate IPs. Seemed fine when my map killed him.

(edited by Chobits.2430)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I dread to think how triple wurm is now. They had a sweet spot for it 2 days ago. Double health is surely going to be worse than pre patch?

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

am glad Anet did this thx now ad least those lazy players must work for it ^^

and not kill bosses in a few min and hop to the next that is boring

Becka Williams.4978

The whining has hit all time highs.

I for one think trying these crazy ideas is a good thing – we’re presumably a few months away from Heart of Thorns, and the balance needs to be perfected by then. Let them do crazy things.

Missing out on a few Tequatl kills, and then throwing ArenaNet to the wolves because you’re not able to burn his crazy amounts of health just seems stupid.

So, total failure to kill teq=perfect balance? Gotcha.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

He’s now a challenge again.

We were really slow, but we did it at least. So he’s still doable. Everyone saying otherwise is exaggerating.

So stacks are still restricted to 25 on Teq? Or is your screen shot from before the patch?

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

He’s now a challenge again.

We were really slow, but we did it at least. So he’s still doable. Everyone saying otherwise is exaggerating.

Attachments:

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I have to agree. Either keep precision/ferocity and use probability to see if you crit, or drop precision/ferocity, give everything a vulnerable spot and change tab/auto targeting to a target reticule like some shooters. Using a weird hybrid of the two systems sounds meh.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

did anyone here asked TTS guild about how to take down Teq post patch? I am sure they would have taken down Teq no problems.

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I suggest a free Tequatl Hoard for everyone as apology for our wasted time and your untested change to event which makes the fail inevitable.
:)

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

darkprecure.6129

There is no inevitable fail. Teq is fine. Much more fun than before, because it’s now challenging – similar to how it was when he was updated 1 1/2 year ago.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Challenging only now? I don’t know… few days ago I tried 2 organized groups and they failed it both times. I think, with this community, Tequatl was challenging enough.

darkprecure.6129

Challenging only now? I don’t know… few days ago I tried 2 organized groups and they failed it both times. I think, with this community, Tequatl was challenging enough.

Really? I thought even PUG-Maps were able to do him recently. Never saw him failing in a long time.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Well yes, I don’t lie. The first time all the damagers started dying from his stomp attacks and didn’t respawn. Plus, nobody at turrets was dealing with those bony fingers, and nobody was fixing the turrets. (Only me). Few minutes after that, everyone was leaving. There were 3 commanders.

The second attempt was quite okay, even though the damage was not ideal, but some kittens left one of the batteries too soon and some champion destroyed it in the very last nanosecond that moment was actually quite funny, because for a second or two nobody knew if we failed or not. (3 commanders)

edit: I think the problem is LFG. People are able to react very quickly, and leave non-ideal Tequatl for some smooth one. Making the first one even less likely to success. The same is happening in The Silverwastes.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

Killed it with pugs with 1 minute left on timer earlier.

darkprecure.6129

BTW, I noticed there were only 25-Stacks of Conditions on my screen. Has anyone noticed something similar or is it just a coincidence? I hope the Stack limit is not back to how it was before 06/23.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Please keep teq how it is right now so people will stop afk ranging the foot and actually get on the correct double damage and critical hit spot and start learning to dodge and use reflects

There’s a problem with that. Tequatl’s actual hit boxes aren’t tied to his model. They are points on the ground. The problem being that, as tequatl shuffles about, the target points actually move outside of where his hitboxes are.

But, ranged auto attacks still track to the model. When a player tries to do something (say, ice bow 4), they’ll frequently drop it to where their bullets are going, only to have 90% of the shards miss because his hitbox isn’t actually there.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

The easiest fix to this would be revert the changes exclusively to tequatl. all the other bosses are now in a good spot, I think, but tequatl is now next to impossible to defeat.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

Teq was never challenging to begin with, I guess their idea of let’s make things challenging is to give bosses endless health pools.

We were doing behe for nearly 10 mins this morning.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Forum refused to go to next page because it has too much health.

Forum health nerf initiated.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.