Tequatl Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Forum refused to go to next page because it has too much health.

Forum health nerf initiated.

Needs more dots, more dots!!

……………………………………………………………

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Tbh I don’t think this change was needed.. Teq was fine the way he was even after the patch..

now Golem Mk 2.. seriously.. double the health pool of that already absurdly HP tanky boss… now that was a bad idea..

its bad enough that almost everone Ranges him as melee guys always get slaughtered in his AoE which is always amusing btw but he certainly didnt need his HP doubled.. if anything they should have halfed it..

Posted by: Montezuma.1436

Montezuma.1436

more hp has nothing to do with more challenge and more fun – just twice boring. Reward for 40 min waiting and plus 15 min fighting is quite pathetic, most often exotic drop – THE spoon. Well, anet, my logical suggestion – to make game more “challenging” increase hp of all mobs in game in all maps. Why not? It is so easy to do, just few variables in server software. And then you don’t need new content.
About crits. I always wondered why anet introduced such lame limitations as no crit on bosses, or magic find doesn’t work on chests, boss rewards. WHY? Why can’t you make critting everywhere as soon as you have that ability developed? Magic find with every loot since you earned hard that ability?

Posted by: RobsterCraws.6405

RobsterCraws.6405

If I wanted to experience failure, I can get that in real life. GW2 is escapism.

Daily Teq is the backbone of the game for semi-hardcore gamers. We log in, spend 45 minutes then leave with a sense of accomplishment. Escapism at its finest.

I’ve tried the buffed Teq twice and lost miserably both times despite being well organized the second time. Sure, make content for hardcore players (fractals, Triple trouble, etc) but lumping Teq into that is a huge mistake. It is mid-range content, not for newbies but not hardcore either. It achieves that perfect balance… or at least it did before last night’s patch.

MMOs survive on semi-hardcore/semi-casual players like me. If we can’t count on the daily Teq kill, this guts the game for the biggest share of your target audience. So please fix Tequatl asap so I can go back to enjoying the game.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Piper halliwell w.6578

Piper halliwell w.6578

Thank you anet to nice Tequatl event….
No chance to kill him now…….

Attachments:

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

It doesn’t have too much health, but the critical damages are working only in a specific zone. They just have to correct this and it will be okay.

Posted by: Hesy Ra.8371

Hesy Ra.8371

Ye, a bit large HP. We have about 20% left HP also and 1 sec till end of event. So, ye, sure fail.

Posted by: SirJack.4760

SirJack.4760

Except the people on my map just did. Although with only about a minute to spare.

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

did my first teq with dbl HP
and look this
see pic we beat her

and stile so 5 min left
so you can do it with a good team

Attachments:

Posted by: Piper halliwell w.6578

Piper halliwell w.6578

This in no wurm 3-head everyone should have a chance to kill him no only good team in ts community……

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

The last thing teq needed was double the hp.Why do they keep fixing things that are not broken.This event has now become a waste of my time.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

It doesn’t have too much health, but the critical damages are working only in a specific zone. They just have to correct this and it will be okay.

Yeah that major screws up my DPS since on Teq and Claw of Jormag I position myself so that I can hi both Legs on Teq and Both legs and Head on Claw of Jormag (Piercing arrows ftw)

but with a new Crit spot I have to sacrifice my double damage or Tripple in Claws case to hit new Crit spots if I want to gain Critical hits..

So now I have to work out if my Crits are going to overall do more dmg than the double/tripple dmg I was doing before..

and I really.. really hate math xD

Posted by: Wicca.7851

Wicca.7851

Managed to beat teq with 30 secs left. LABRSS and pugs

Attachments:

Posted by: Echosys.2406

Echosys.2406

So few are actually beats it, thats good and all, but i don’t want an another TT forced jump excluded party wagon raiding, with the flavor of the elitism. These are world bosses after all. Everyone always should participate, and have the chance to beat it.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Question is: are we supposed to kill world bosses 90% of the encounters? I think it should be around 50% Meaning that Teq indeed is too strong, but not as much as indicated in this threat. This shows that a general approach for all world bosses does not work well: Anet needs to fine-tune it per boss.

Posted by: baconcupcaxe.4208

baconcupcaxe.4208

moments before our kill. want to thank our map, we were all there to kill teq, we didnt have any negatives. me and Legendary Air Bender really wanted to give it a real shot to see how it was. i tried power/prec food as well, just the cheaper option. some in map were getting reliable crits. it was steak and asparagus, cos feast of truffle steak was a little pricey.
chaining burns is harder but i think definitely not impossible. we will see if there is any tweaks by anet . and grt job to those who have done it with a lot of time still left.

Attachments:

Lady Emojuin, Bacon Cupcaxe
Soylent Greenleaf, River Songstress
Gate of Madness

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Question is: are we supposed to kill world bosses 90% of the encounters? I think it should be around 50% Meaning that Teq indeed is too strong, but not as much as indicated in this threat. This shows that a general approach for all world bosses does not work well: Anet needs to fine-tune it per boss.

If the failure rate is 50% will people continue to do the harder ones or will they just skip them and do the easier ones or even skip all the bosses?

My guess is they will skip a 50% failure situation.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Montezuma.1436

Montezuma.1436

it is doable. The question is not about this. The question is why make it harder than it was previously while preserving previous rewards? Why make it harder? Anet hates gamers? Or what?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Question is: are we supposed to kill world bosses 90% of the encounters? I think it should be around 50%

I’d rather have bosses that can be killed 90% of the time, than bosses that are skipped by 90% of the community.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It has become an “organized only, pugs need not apply” kind of event. Just as it was shortly after the Teq Rising change – and those weren’t good times at all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

It has become an “organized only, pugs need not apply” kind of event. Just as it was shortly after the Teq Rising change – and those weren’t good times at all.

I have to agree.
Also with the good guilds they can join there guilds ect on the same map.
Hence why they keep saying its easy.

Try doing with just pugs or new players only on the map,they will soon sing a different tune.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Ok guys, Teq is better now and a lot more exciting than ever before.

You just have to find the right parties composition for it. Here is the list of people you need.

Two groups of tanky warriors with maximum defense to block Teq at its head. Full sentinel equipment including ascended sentinel rings and accessories preferred but soldier sets will do just fine. Shout heals and all the good stuffs. Banners of defense and Battle standard to raise everyone’s defense and res just in case.

Two groups of ultimate tanky guardians, spec in healing. Shout heals with bow of truths. Bring battle presence and Force of will to further increase health and regeneration to the group. Nomad gear with superior rune of the water is highly recommended. Cleric accessories if you don’t have access to ascended nomad. Mace/Shield and staffs with all that good stuffs with symbols.

Two groups of backline elementalists. Staff preferred. Fire/Air/Water. Camp in fire, spam 1,2,5. Full celestial gears is highly recommended to full opportunity of criting teq from afar AND all that burning, not to mention to be able to heal the front liners! Spread out and place down some fire fields at your feet and blast it with arcane wave or something to give yourself +3 stacks of might. Don’t put them on the warrior/guardians because they will interfere with their symbols. Switch to water and place the water fields on the warriors and guardians to heal them.

Two groups of midline necromancers and all that poisons. I heard rampagers stat is good. Not sure.

One group of mesmers. Remember to spread out your time warps. Calling 1-5 is essential here. Also when the eles are too far away from the front line and the warriors/guard needs healing, put down portals for them!! Stat doesn’t matter so pick the most tanky set. Sentinels / Soldiers are good. Otherwise, just autoattack in staff.

Rangers! Take out your bears, preferably both. There is a brown version and a black one I believe. Use longbow and range from afar. Rampager stat is perfect for this. About 2 groups would do.

6 Thieves. Put down shadow refuge on the front line so the tanks can phase in and out of stealth while attacking Teq to confuse him. Otherwise, run back to the turrets and make sure the scales are low. Spam heal the front line. Gear doesn’t matter but if you insist, soldier is nice to survive and not as expensive as sentinels

6 Engineers. Place your turrets next to the turrets so your turrets protect the other one. Flamethrowers here is nice so use it. Sinister gear is highly recommended for the new uncapped condi stacks here.

Three extra groups composing of: 1 warrior, 1 guardian, 2 eles and 1 thief – the standard dungeon meta. The warrior and the guard will be tanks of course. So wear full soldier/sentinel. 1 ele will be dps ele and the other is a heal so wear cleric. The thief should use full berserkers. Your job is to defense North, mid and south.

With the new high spirit from ArenaNet, doubling Teq’s health, this team will be able take down Teq just in time. I believe all builds are viable and people should play the way they have the most fun with, though dividing people into groups like this will make it much easier than just stack and autoattack. This will take a little bit of practice but eventually we shalt defeat it again.

(edited by Stars.2179)

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

After the first patch when Teq melted like butter I suggested maybe doubling his health.

I TAKE IT BACK! Haha. I know this will eventually get sorted out but whoo boy. Balance team needs to take lighter touches instead of coming in with a sledge hammer. :P

You’d think their sledgehammer would be falling apart at this point. I love this game, but man Anet really has serious trouble with game balance.

Obviously it’s the legendary sledgehammer; Juggernaut’s Cousin. :P

Posted by: Nightmare Of Zg.6059

Nightmare Of Zg.6059

Done teq with one minute to spare on a pug map which leads me to conclusion that as long as people stop going afk while autoattacking, it’s perfectly doable albeit “harder”. Give it a week so that people get used to it and you will have it back to normal, tough taking a tad longer then it did before.

eldrin.6471

To much effort for to little reward. Teq will end up on most players skip list beside triple trouble when doing there world boss run if it not changed.

eldrin.6471

90% of players will get fed up with the fail rate and skip teq just like triple trouble.
SAD.

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

TT was already on my “Don’t give a monkeys about” list because of the extreme effort required to get into a proper map for so little reward chance, now Teq is going to be joining it if this is the reality.

Posted by: ShroomOneUp.6913

ShroomOneUp.6913

The problem really is that challangin content alone is not what was needed. challanging content that ha sa high risk/reward ratio is what MMOs need.

if the reward are still the same,then Teq will die out no matter what tactic or organisation you put up.

its like you work at your job and get enough to get by, suddenly you have to do DOUBLE the work but don´t get a proportional pay check.
what do msot people do? find a new job, even when its a troubled market.

same will happen with teq.
Unless the ascended gear box drop rate goes up to a more frequent one, no pug will put effort into it in longterm.
ofcourse right now pugs are thick headed kittens that jsut out of spite toward critiques do it, but if this change stays, lets review this in 2-3 months.
i garantee you sparkly fen will be a constant rot motuh over run map.

ShroomOneUp.6913

Done teq with one minute to spare on a pug map which leads me to conclusion that as long as people stop going afk while autoattacking, it’s perfectly doable albeit “harder”. Give it a week so that people get used to it and you will have it back to normal, tough taking a tad longer then it did before.

you sure you were there with people from 150 guilds?you amy have been in a guild map without beeing in the guild itself

Posted by: catalystic.1074

catalystic.1074

No, please nerf it. If only for the simple fact I get onto map filled with people who rather spend 30 mins talking about the new wings than organize a simple fight. Challenging content is fun, but not when no one listens.

ShroomOneUp.6913

or if the reward is basicly 1 out of 10 wins you get a scneded gear box.
otherwise you wont get people to like this

Sarevok.2638

An open world boss event shouldn’t need tons of jumping, taxing and basically manipulating the megaserver system just to have a CHANCE, we already have that with Triple Trouble and quite a large number of people skip that boss because of the large ammount of organisation effort required INCLUDING said manipulation of the system, for not enough chance of good loot.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

This. And 90% (loosely) of the players are less hardcore and generally if the content is to hard won’t bother with it. Players don’t like to stand around in an organized map to possibly watch it fail so eventually teq will be a ghost town similar to the 3 headed wurm is now. I have still to succeed at the wurm simply because I refuse to sit around for an hour for it to maybe fail.

And yes, I can join an organized guild, but my roster of guilds is full. Also if you need to have teamspeak just for succeed it should have been included in the core game IMO.

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

An open world boss event shouldn’t need tons of jumping, taxing and basically manipulating the megaserver system just to have a CHANCE, we already have that with Triple Trouble and quite a large number of people skip that boss because of the large ammount of organisation effort required INCLUDING said manipulation of the system, for not enough chance of good loot.

I agree with OP.
I think all “high-reward” world bosses should be difficult. I think The Shatter and The Claw of Jormag should be more difficult. It should represent the fact that these are dragons, in addition the should increase the reward for em too.

I remember when Taq was first introduce, 1/10 events were successful. Once you killed him it felt good. Before the HP buff it was just a grind, “oh lets go kill Taq…again”, no challenge. Now it feels much better.

Anet, good work.

eldrin.6471

How much HP do you like your challenges to have? maybe double the HP again for the 1% extreme hard-core super-duper players and the rest of us can just admire how great they are.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

sigh

I’m all for Teq being a challenge – not impossible or a pain. A 50% buff would have been fine.

Look, I understand the want for challenge, I do. I also understand the majority of the player base has the attention span of a skritt. If I have to spend an hour before hand hoping and stressing that I get into a good map, taxi around, hope the other 99 players know what they’re doing, and pray I don’t DC for a spoon and a 1 in 100 chance of something good IF we even succeed, I’m more likely to pass.

And this hurts because Teq is my favorite world boss, I have fought Teq since Tequatl Rising debuted and fighting him is one of the ways I blow off steam and de-stress. I’m not saying “Oh let’s have him be super easy” but geez… I have yet to see him succeed in a map I’m in since the ‘fix’ and this is coming from someone who normally fights him 1-3 times a day and loved it =/

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Ragmon.6350

This. And 90% (loosely) of the players are less hardcore and generally if the content is to hard won’t bother with it. Players don’t like to stand around in an organized map to possibly watch it fail so eventually teq will be a ghost town similar to the 3 headed wurm is now. I have still to succeed at the wurm simply because I refuse to sit around for an hour for it to maybe fail.

They should just increase the reward and leave everything as is. That and I think the game needs to have a few world bosses that are harder to kill, other wise Tarq would just stay a check-box on the daily to do list.

Every world boss should drop something nice so players would have an incentive to be bothered.

Tarq is in a good place as far as difficulty goes.

And yes, I can join an organized guild, but my roster of guilds is full. Also if you need to have teamspeak just for succeed it should have been included in the core game IMO.[/quote]

Randulf.7614

I’m fairly certain it will get nerfed since it isn’t working as intended. People know the fight, so this time it isn’t a case for learning the fight anymore. They will tweak it until they hit the sweet spot again.

As for wurm, not sure I understand why that got buffed. 3 attempts the day before ended in failure. People wont take the effort to learn a fight if it doesn’t feel achievable to start with.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

They should just increase the reward and leave everything as is. That and I think the game needs to have a few world bosses that are harder to kill, other wise Tarq would just stay a check-box on the daily to do list.

Every world boss should drop something nice so players would have an incentive to be bothered.

Tarq is in a good place as far as difficulty goes.

All I know for a fact is that the LFG tool is full of taxis for teq (or was last week), but I have not seen a LFG for a wurm taxi since it was released. This tells me that 90% (loosely) don’t even bother with the wurm and have instead gone on farming SW.

Hard content is all well and good, but I fail to see how it will appeal to most of the player base when the bar is placed well above them.

Ragmon.6350

I’m fairly certain it will get nerfed since it isn’t working as intended. People know the fight, so this time it isn’t a case for learning the fight anymore. They will tweak it until they hit the sweet spot again.

As for wurm, not sure I understand why that got buffed. 3 attempts the day before ended in failure. People wont take the effort to learn a fight if it doesn’t feel achievable to start with.

Yea it will prolly be tweeked a bit. As far as the “can’t kill” it part goes, that is how it was when Tarq was first introduce, then it just became a daily chore to kill it. I think just like the new traits, people need a bit of time to get used to the change.

Sarevok.2638

If they want to keep the difficulty level near where it is now, then at least guarantee an exotic drop from it upon success.

Randulf.7614

Yes but that was a mechanics lesson curve. That is no longer the case, the difficulty is simply due to overtuning the hp pool or because of the crit issues not fully resolved.

If it was purely down to having to re-learn a new mechanic, then I’d 100% agree in not nerfing it at this stage

ShroomOneUp.6913

I agree with OP.
I think all “high-reward” world bosses should be difficult. I think The Shatter and The Claw of Jormag should be more difficult. It should represent the fact that these are dragons, in addition the should increase the reward for em too.

I remember when Taq was first introduce, 1/10 events were successful. Once you killed him it felt good. Before the HP buff it was just a grind, “oh lets go kill Taq…again”, no challenge. Now it feels much better.

Anet, good work.

problem is there is no HIGH reward. the high reward is the ascended gear box, but that was allready so rare before the Double HP, that NOW its objectivly not acceptable anymore.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Finally a challenge for the hardcore players

It’s not really a challenge.

GW2 is famous for having horribly designed bosses. Even inside dungeons, they are more often than not big dumb HP sponges that have no chance of killing players. ArenaNet added timers to bosses because that was the only way those encounters could fail, since you can just AFK with autoattack and you would still survive against the great majority of world bosses.

It’s incredibly, incredibly funny that ArenaNet’s answer to the recent buff to players was to increase the bosses’ health. Not only it has become clear that the horrible boss design isn’t going to change, but that whenever it’s changed it only reinforces the same old flaws.

I will laugh loudly when we learn what the “challenging group content” is. Who wants to bet that it will be about killing slow and dumb HP spongers again?

(Ah, and notice how ArenaNet doubled the health of many world bosses, but they didn’t change a thing about the Silverwastes boss. I guess they still want to keep the illusion that the Silverwastes is the map players enjoy the most, while we all know it’s simply the easiest place to farm right now.)

Posted by: Hesy Ra.8371

Hesy Ra.8371

My group find a “crit spot” on Jormag. Is there same crit spot for Teq ? Any screen

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

TT requires coordination, far more than Teq ever did or will. Not to mention you have players attending such events with map chat turned off (god forbid something important is being discussed there), or arent there to make the event succeed. It IS achievable. You just need a full map. Not the kitten “ohey, it’s 5 minutes to TT, lets start trying to get people through lfg” I’ve seen at pug runs. Sure they can make it through the escort, but then the most basic fight mechanics kittens them up because they did absolutely no research. I take a kind of perverse glee watching those runs. All the hilarity.

That’s not even mentioning that TT has kitten for loot. It is literal kitten. Teq guarantees rares and gives a couple chances at ascended boxes. Wurm has one, and sometimes you’re not even guaranteed the other loot even if you’ve been in the entire event.

As for teamspeak, it’s a small program that doesnt take much system resources unless you’re running a potato so old it’s a potato-raisin, and many guilds couldnt care if you dont have a mic, or dont want to talk, or your spoken English is worse than a drunk russian’s. Unless you’re a drunk russian, then I’m sure you’ll be a funny person (speaking of which, I need to see if some guildies are interested in a drunken dungeon day again). What they care most about is you being able to LISTEN to what the coordinators need for a successful event.

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

Agreed, I like the hard to reach crit spot. Reminds me of Smaug’s

Randulf.7614

That I’m aware of, but TT wasn’t much easier post the changes. It was more achievable granted, but not by a large margin. The runs I saw in organised maps yesterday all failed before the double hp buff hit, so that’s the bit I’m scratching my head over. Surely that just makes a hard fight…harder?

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

No it doesn’t, nothing’s changed except it takes longer to kill, taking twice as long to do something that was mastered long ago and already done ad nauseum is not fun and certainly not “hardcore” like OP would like to believe.
Killing world bosses is already a chore and it just got worse, if they want to make them harder, it’s new mechanics that they need.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

BTW, I noticed there were only 25-Stacks of Conditions on my screen. Has anyone noticed something similar or is it just a coincidence? I hope the Stack limit is not back to how it was before 06/23.

Yeah, my map didn’t seem to have nearly the amount of condi stacks as I presumed it should. I think burning was the only one that made it over 25.

As for the health, I can’t have an opinion yet. My only encounter after the fix was a map that filled and organized 3 minutes before spawn. We had 4 minutes left after the first 25% and a battery failed.

Also has anyone had an issue on the turrets? Recently, my turret will stop firing, but the skills continue to allow me to activate/go on CD and it doesn’t correct itself until I type something in map chat.