Tequatl Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nightmare Of Zg.6059

Nightmare Of Zg.6059

Done teq with one minute to spare on a pug map which leads me to conclusion that as long as people stop going afk while autoattacking, it’s perfectly doable albeit “harder”. Give it a week so that people get used to it and you will have it back to normal, tough taking a tad longer then it did before.

you sure you were there with people from 150 guilds?you amy have been in a guild map without beeing in the guild itself

No single guild had the majority of the map, neither was it rly organized since we still lost a turret or two. Anyone who was doing teq prior to the hp nerf knows the drill more or less. You don’t need excessive commanding for it outside of proper turret defense and letting people know when to get back for dps phase. People just got too lazy to do it properly nowdays, I can still see a lot and I do mean A LOT of people not even bothering to go melee on warriors to hit that crit spot in fear of having to dodge a few waves. It’s only natural that people have issues getting out of their comfort zone at first but it will change very soon as it becomes clear to everyone.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Also has anyone had an issue on the turrets? Recently, my turret will stop firing, but the skills continue to allow me to activate/go on CD and it doesn’t correct itself until I type something in map chat.

Old bug. Was here since Tequalt Rising.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

If increased HP is challenging content for you, then I hope Anet won’t listen to people like you when they design the “challenging content” for HoT.

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Good. People have gotten too complacent with Teq. This event was designed specifically for people that wanted more challenge and coordination.

It really doesn’t take much either. A couple good defense teams. Players running a proper Teq build and not their usual zerk. Seriously, go PVT with a support build, stack the zerg tight and go overboard on condi-cleanse, healing and stability and you’ll do fine.

And kill those fingers! Mesmers get your feedback up! Walls! South turrets cleanse the zerg please!

Aww, I miss my Teq commanding days.

Posted by: Cionna.3158

Cionna.3158

Server full, 4 commanders, last phase start at 1.15 min left and Event Failed.
Nice job fro developer ArenaNet!
I don’t want imagine the fix for PvP……now bomb full DPS and when they fix we’ll got 1.000.000 hp? omg…this game is fallen down.

The Rolling Dices [TRD]

Posted by: Neo.4307

Neo.4307

Well, first of all, the patch notes are misleading. I logged in thinking doubling their health sounded reasonable if we would be doing a lot more damage from critical hits, only to find out critical hits do not even work? It still feels like I am hitting a destructible object. Or one that can bleed, I guess.

Unless you are supposed to be standing in a very specific spot for each boss, dealing “double damage”, as in literally hitting twice. Is that considered a critical hit? That whole positioning thing is janky and does not feel intentional or designed in any way. I would be really disappointed to find out that they consider this behavior a mechanic, especially when considering the promises for upcoming challenging content in the expansion.

Another point mentioned is that the bosses are now more difficult. The only fights where that argument holds any merit is Tequatl and the Tripple Wurm where failure is a possibility. For every other world boss, this change simply makes the fight longer without adding any challenge. It basically makes these fights more of a time sink. What these bosses need to remain relevant is not larger health pools but more interesting mechanics.

Even for Tequatl and Triple Wurm you can argue that increasing their health does not actually make the fights any more challenging in terms of mechanics. It makes the fights more difficult, because you need more damage in order to finish the fight in time. This is likely the laziest form of difficulty and makes every fight a gear/dps check.

I really hope the unannounced challenging content in HoT will be in a different spirit.

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Or I can go do dungeons or farm SW than wait 1h to do an event that has a 90% chance to fail now.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I’ve been on teq pug maps since the HP was patched that did just fine. You still need to coordinate teq and organize. That’s always been the case since the teq rising patch and that will always be the case. And it’s not hard to organize a map in chat folks. It’s just not. He needed the buff, he was ridiculously easy before and both teq and triple trouble wurm are NOT supposed to be faceroll easy bosses like shatterer (though quite frankly imho he should be buffed in difficulty too). There are plenty of faceroll bosses for those who want them. There should be more difficult ones as well.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Take a sledge hammer to crack a nut. why not take it up 10% or even 50%?
The last thing this game needs in the build up to an expansion is this nonsense.
madness

xarallei.4279

I agree with the buff, but it’s sad that it’s just an HP buff. It would be nice if they added more actual mechanics. Especially to the other world bosses like shatterer.

But yeah, teq was getting way too faceroll and needed the buff desperately.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m fairly certain it will get nerfed since it isn’t working as intended. People know the fight, so this time it isn’t a case for learning the fight anymore. They will tweak it until they hit the sweet spot again.

As for wurm, not sure I understand why that got buffed. 3 attempts the day before ended in failure. People wont take the effort to learn a fight if it doesn’t feel achievable to start with.

Yea it will prolly be tweeked a bit. As far as the “can’t kill” it part goes, that is how it was when Tarq was first introduce, then it just became a daily chore to kill it. I think just like the new traits, people need a bit of time to get used to the change.

You missed the parts where his hps got adjusted down and the laser started dealing damage. It’s not just that the people got better, but also that the content got easier. And if it didn’t get adjusted then, there still would be like 3-4 guilds killing teq, and noone else would bother with it at all.

So yeah, if you want to make Teq a dead zone it was after Teq Rising, leave it as it is now. If you want people to actually play that content however, you should want Anet fo fix that mess.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Shadowrainer.8321

Shadowrainer.8321

If increased HP is challenging content for you, then I hope Anet won’t listen to people like you when they design the “challenging content” for HoT.

+1, totally agree.

Since when is massive HP sponges with the only real hard thing about it being the annoying logistics of getting people on the same map or getting people in the right place ‘challenging content’

How is Teq in anyway ‘hardcore’ x)

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

As for wurm, not sure I understand why that got buffed. 3 attempts the day before ended in failure.

I have never been on a successful map with the Wurm. It requires coordination of 3 groups in different parts of the map, and timed to kill the 3 heads in close succession.
Then you get a crack at the Wurm.
Tequatl is one of my favorite bosses because it rewards the coordinated effort of a map’s players and it has a little wiggle room to allow newer players to learn how cooperation works.
Partying up for one of the defense positions instead of just sticking to the Zerg. Phases. Using Turrets effectively should award a map able to pull these off with enough people doing what is needed.
I haven’t had a chance to try the new bosses except for the Shatterer. If it is truly bad, I just expect ANet is watching the buff on the bosses to see if it is still offering a level of challenge, instead of just prolonging efforts of a maps population and running out the clock..

EDIT: Finally was able to try it and we took him out with less than a minute to spare.
It is harder, but the ability to crit and all the condi is prolly what makes up the difference.
Time to craft some gear with Precision and/or Ferocity, folks.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

(edited by Sankofa Jimiyu.1567)

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Agreed.

Anet’s buff to the bosses’ HP isn’t them making the content challenging, it’s an attempt to offset the additional damage being done to them (first via increased conditions, and now with the critical hit change being added).

At this point, it’s just a tweaking measure to find where it should be. But this is not challenging content.

Tequatl Rising, Aetherpath, and Triple Wurm are, in of itself, challenging content. The issue is that when given enough time, challenging content becomes known content and it’s greatly a matter of trial and error until you find the best means to fight something – after that, you tend to only use those best means. The fact that you’re using those best means doesn’t make the content non-challenging – just that it’s no longer challenging to you.

The main solution would be to change the mechanics periodically. Which would be great, but first we need other dungeons and world bosses put on par to those three. Vinewrath should be more-or-less equivalent to the weakest world boss (excluding the low level ones), while Triple Trouble should be more-or-less equivalent to the toughest world bosses. IMO, at least.

But ‘increased health’ is not ‘making it challenging’. In this case, it’s a simple rebalancing. In most cases – sadly – it’s lazyman’s route to making things last longer.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

After you’ve done Teq 400+ times, you really can’t ever think, “Wouldn’t it be great if we had more first battery phases at 7:00 and less at 11:00?”

I mean if you really want to fail after wasting a significant portion of your life, you could ask that they bring back the Scarlet Invasion events so you can sit around in a zone having your win-attempts ignored in map chat by an overwhelming horde of champ farmers. That event lasted 45 minutes and failed pretty much every time. It sounds just perfect for this thread.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Adding HP to bosses doesn’t make them challenging. It makes them a DPS race.

It would be very hard to make any open world boss actually challenging because if you mess up and die all you have to do is WP and run back. All adding HP did was drag out the fight.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

They really need to make it so that bosses have the ability to transfer conditions back to the players with certain attacks. -_- Would solve a lot from the recent patch.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Keep bosses as they are but up the rewards. We work harder we should earn more imo.

If you’re going to make it so that Teq fails most of the time, people are going to walk away from trying to fight it. Got to give incentive to keep trying even if it fails. If people start walking away from these fights (like they have with triple trouble) you’re going to have a real challenge on your hands trying to fight Teq all by yourself. Fun!

Posted by: nSan.4251

nSan.4251

The only thing I’m disappointed in is that I wont eve be able to the the Teq mini… ever…and I’m not a hardcore player. But I like the challenge myself. Teq just wants to prove that he’s the better dragon compared to Mordremoth.

xarallei.4279

You can buy it on the tp. It’s not that expensive.

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

The only thing I’m disappointed in is that I wont eve be able to the the Teq mini… ever…and I’m not a hardcore player. But I like the challenge myself.

the teq mini? the one that costs like 5 gold on the TP?

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

After you’ve done Teq 400+ times, you really can’t ever think, “Wouldn’t it be great if we had more first battery phases at 7:00 and less at 11:00?”

I mean if you really want to fail after wasting a significant portion of your life, you could ask that they bring back the Scarlet Invasion events so you can sit around in a zone having your win-attempts ignored in map chat by an overwhelming horde of champ farmers. That event lasted 45 minutes and failed pretty much every time. It sounds just perfect for this thread.

>Champ and Chest Farming trains that goon people trying to do events

The true nasty

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I think the hitboxes need to be made a little clearer. If you only want the head to be crittable, I might be able to work with that, but I have no idea where to attack because as far as I can tell I’m swinging / putting down AoE at empty air.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Finally a challenge for the hardcore players,i was getting tired of these stupid world easy bosses please don’t Nerf them.because then it wouldn’t be no point in getting the fun out of the boss.If you die then try again until success.I hope people don’t keep crying in these forums cause they cant get the kill it always happens in every MMO.

so high and mighty, like this snob was doing all the work himself. In reality, he was the one doing 1111111 and raged when things went sour.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: UnawarePolarBear.9502

UnawarePolarBear.9502

It’s funny, they introduce two bosses that are supposed to be difficult, legitimately the purpose behind them was for groups to organize and take them out – and the whining hits all time levels.

Sorry folks, you can’t show up 5 minutes prior and take him down.

Sorry you can’t press 11111111 and see a boss die for easy loot.

Work for your kills – Triple Trouble is really hard, but we’re still getting 8 minute Tequatl Kills.

Posted by: Neodhoc.9178

Neodhoc.9178

The only thing I’m disappointed in is that I wont eve be able to the the Teq mini… ever…and I’m not a hardcore player. But I like the challenge myself.

the teq mini? the one that costs like 5 gold on the TP?

3 g 99 silver to be exact.

Rewarding the boss I think it has a bit too much health. If instead of increasing it’s health by a 100% (double the health) they had increased it by 75%-80% it would still be more difficult but not imposible to do in a map with random people that can coordinate a bit.

Today I was in a very good tequ map and we failed. The boss had 5% of the health left when we ran out of time. It was a pretty coordianted map, of course there where some mistakes but we had enough people defending the turrets and everything was great, The only thing that happened was that not everyone attacking tequ knew where the “crit spot” was and because of that we where losing DPS.

All in all, I feel like the boss health should be reduced a bit or they can add a couple more minutes to the encounter, that should be enough so that it’s harder than the pre-patch version but still possible to do with a semi-coordinated map.

And to those who may say this should not be nerfed and that people should try until they learn the encounter perfectly, let me remind you that Tequ is a World boss that has a respawn time of 4 and a half hours. If Tequ was in an instance that you could reset every time you fail it I’d definitely agree with you, because you can learn the encounter as a group. However, since is a boss that is outside of an instance and you very rarely do it with the same 100 people and it has such a huge respawn time I think it should be easier than it is now.

All of us want more challenging and harder encounters but in the way they have to be. In an instance, with a defined group that can reset each failed boss to retry it until they master it, not in the middle of Tyria with some random people that happened to be in the same map that you are.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

buff rewards…for that type of boss 10g is good enough.

DarkWasp.7291

It’s funny, they introduce two bosses that are supposed to be difficult, legitimately the purpose behind them was for groups to organize and take them out – and the whining hits all time levels.

Work for your kills – Triple Trouble is really hard, but we’re still getting 8 minute Tequatl Kills.

1. Sitting around and waiting before content is not a good thing.

2. Even when we’re not idling Nomad gear spamming 1 1 1 1, there will always be people around us that are. There really is no rightful way for us as players to get rid of them either.

3. Triple Trouble is very rarely given an honest attempt by openworlders, despite the fact that it’s an open world event. It’s a cool event, but not too many people are into spam clicking “join friend in,” joining some public TS server and listening vigilantly for a half an hour, and having to be online at one certain time on the calendar.

Tequatl, on the other hand, is participated in on multiple shards at multiple times of the day. Even still, it took several long months to shave away the average crowd to make room for the actual capable reward-seekers who could succeed the event on a regular basis. Prior to that, it was just content that many of us didn’t do.

Content we don’t do is almost as bad as content that does not exist.

(edited by DarkWasp.7291)

Posted by: Nightmare Of Zg.6059

Nightmare Of Zg.6059

I’ve been on teq pug maps since the HP was patched that did just fine. You still need to coordinate teq and organize. That’s always been the case since the teq rising patch and that will always be the case. And it’s not hard to organize a map in chat folks. It’s just not. He needed the buff, he was ridiculously easy before and both teq and triple trouble wurm are NOT supposed to be faceroll easy bosses like shatterer (though quite frankly imho he should be buffed in difficulty too). There are plenty of faceroll bosses for those who want them. There should be more difficult ones as well.

Amen, my thoughts exactly

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I want this boss to remain exactly how it is BUT I want them to slightly up the rewards a little to justify doing it.

If I’m going to exert myself to bother with this, make it worth my time please. Having a very miniscule chance of RNG skins is not something that I’m fond of, and the negligible ~13k karma along with the 2g requires me to wait or search for an organized map, prepping up to maybe an hour in advance for it. In that time I could easily acquire more gold and karma than this, so this just isn’t enough imo.

The gold reward is fine, but why not perhaps adding a unique currency acquired from doing this boss (similar to that of pristine relics) that you can use to buy the skins from a vendor from a quantity of maybe ~20 each?

That’s just an idea I had off the top of my head, but it sounds pretty good to me. It would also solve the horrible RNG problem.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

DarkWasp.7291

@OP

A fullscreen monitor!?

Oh the memories.

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Just how much more organization do you need now in this patch now? Is it not enough just by having two zerg and two turrets defenders? Does every zerger got to equip beserker gears and know exactly when to aviod the fear and waves?

Sorry but no, don’t turn Teq into the triple trouble wurms!

Yes I admit these days you pretty much guaranteed a sucess even when you show up in the map minutes before it start (I used to remember that I literally waited an hour before it show up to ensure I got into an organised map) but all of that is not worth it when the rewards are RNG at best.

Granted in saying so I guess I should be greatful that I finally did get the Horde chest a week ago and I have been fighting this boss most of the time since the rising event. (Before you mention my past loot from Teq, I gotten ascended chests, mini pets a couple of times, the rune and exotics a few times and five of the aquabreathers since the huge update on it.)

Posted by: Glouryian.3765

Glouryian.3765

Its oddly funny, how so many people consider Tequatl now a challenge by simply having more HP. If you enjoy yourself dumping your damage into dmg-sponges? Nope, having a ton of HP doesnt make any boss a challenge at all. The whole event is as redundant as before. Only difference is, that you are just much more dependent on which server you are on and which people joined. And than its just a matter of luck or having a big enough guild. And thats the part which is frustrating. You cant kick impersonating uselessness from the server, you cant force people to not go afk, to teleport if dead, etc.

And thats the reason why these changes and the people who are in total favor of these are so stupid. The content is the same, there are just more reliable players needed to succeed and the game doesnt offer good possibilities to control them. I would have been grateful about anything, which actually increased the difficulty by mechanics. There have been many good suggestions of moves, which would add some very interesting and fun(!) improvement. But the attempt to increase the difficulty by just buffing the HP up like kitten and people actually buying that as “more of a challenge” is totally pathetic.

Posted by: RobsterCraws.6405

RobsterCraws.6405

Also, the newest problem… people are leaving halfway through. Failure’s become a self-fulfilling prophesy just like Triple trouble.

If people aren’t confident they’ll win, there’s no reason to waste 15 minutes. This ensures it’ll fail.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I dont disagree with you OP, but this is the 4th thread today on the subject, with 2 at least on the front page.
It is the weekend, spreading the feedback across multiple threads will only mean they get buried until they can look it at it properly on Monday onwards

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

The biggest problem with this now, is people leaving early when it looks hopeless. No reason to waste 15 minutes when the first few minutes go a tad rough.

IMHO, rather than change the bosses HP, they should have collected data on how fast the world bosses were dropping with the new trait changes, then use this data to adjust the timers on the bosses. eg. If TQ is getting downed 75% of the time under 7 minutes, make his timer 7 minutes.

People are more likely to hang around for 10 minutes even if it looks bad. But 15+ minutes people tend to say ‘not worth the effort’ when the slightest thing goes bad.

Posted by: UnawarePolarBear.9502

UnawarePolarBear.9502

1. Sitting around and waiting before content is not a good thing.

2. Even when we’re not idling Nomad gear spamming 1 1 1 1, there will always be people around us that are. There really is no rightful way for us as players to get rid of them either.

3. Triple Trouble is very rarely given an honest attempt by openworlders, despite the fact that it’s an open world event. It’s a cool event, but not too many people are into spam clicking “join friend in,” joining some public TS server and listening vigilantly for a half an hour, and having to be online at one certain time on the calendar.

Tequatl, on the other hand, is participated in on multiple shards at multiple times of the day. Even still, it took several long months to shave away the average crowd to make room for the actual capable reward-seekers who could succeed the event on a regular basis. Prior to that, it was just content that many of us didn’t do.

Content we don’t do is almost as bad as content that does not exist.

All of which you are listing are problems with people not being dedicated to the content in which they want to participate in. Much like any sport, you have to dedicate time to win the game. It’s the exact same concept.

Sitting around rarely occurs in the guild that I am in, and participate in – we organize, and we use our time wisely in order to give ourselves the best possible chance to fell the boss.

As for players sitting around AFK’ing pressing 11111 – then do what others do, take your group and go to a map in which you can organize and plan – the megaserver system, while heavily criticized, spawns more than enough instances for you to claim your own.

In regards to Triple Trouble being an open world boss – this alone places fault on the design choices of ArenaNet. All content isn’t created equal, and this fight is the perfect example of that ideology. Simply because it is placed in the open-world environment, does not mean it was intended for everyone to simply walk in, and beat it – and if that was their intentions, they telegraphed that quite poorly considering how difficult and enjoyable that content (for people like me who like the challenge) was when it released.

Lastly, is double the HP a bit much? Yes. Definitely. Especially when the counter to doing so does not work as expected. Does it need to be fixed? Of course, and it will be.

However, to insist that you’re owed some sort of middle-tier content and that it’s so utterly ridiculous that Tequatl, which is easily regarded as “on farm” by any half-way organized group, to be given a buff to be consistently in-line with the massive amounts of power-creep that was just pumped in the game, seems asinine.

If I’ve misinterpreted your points, AKA that Tequatl should be a “mid-tier” boss; please clarify – because when Tequatl was released, he was easily the most difficult content in the game; and was specifically designed for players to group up and coordinate.

Posted by: Control.8154

Control.8154

Finally a challenge for hardcore players? Uh oh… we got a bad kitten over here.

Played a great teq last night with a full map and some godlike burns and pros on turrets spamming #2… still lost teq by 1% HP. Please nerf.

If OP is a hardcore gamer and wants a challenge, he/she should play GW2 on the competitive level LOl. SMH.

(edited by Control.8154)

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

An open world boss event shouldn’t need tons of jumping, taxing and basically manipulating the megaserver system just to have a CHANCE, we already have that with Triple Trouble and quite a large number of people skip that boss because of the large ammount of organisation effort required INCLUDING said manipulation of the system, for not enough chance of good loot.

Common Sense~

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

The funny thing is, silverwastes gives far better rewards than teq ever could, and it is pretty much face roll easy. Remember kids: when people say they want challenging content, they want content that’s challenging for other people. That way they can lord the face that THEY won over people who didn’t. (there’s a reason aetherpath is mostly ignored. It’s too hard for even the most hardcore people, and the reward isn’t account bound. So there’s no glory in it.)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

YOU! Hardcores! To TT now!!!

The intro area bosses are so new players can do a boss fight. TT and others that fail often are for hardcores. Teq is for us in the middle.

As has been said by others, teq is the only reason why one of my characters even logs in now.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I just wanted one teq hoard. never got one in over 300 tries. May never get one now.

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

An open world boss event shouldn’t need tons of jumping, taxing and basically manipulating the megaserver system just to have a CHANCE, we already have that with Triple Trouble and quite a large number of people skip that boss because of the large ammount of organisation effort required INCLUDING said manipulation of the system, for not enough chance of good loot.

I agree with OP.
I think all “high-reward” world bosses should be difficult. I think The Shatter and The Claw of Jormag should be more difficult. It should represent the fact that these are dragons, in addition the should increase the reward for em too.

I remember when Taq was first introduce, 1/10 events were successful. Once you killed him it felt good. Before the HP buff it was just a grind, “oh lets go kill Taq…again”, no challenge. Now it feels much better.

Anet, good work.

problem is there is no HIGH reward. the high reward is the ascended gear box, but that was allready so rare before the Double HP, that NOW its objectivly not acceptable anymore.

I agree, there should be better rewards for more difficult bosses. Make it worth while.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

sigh

I’m all for Teq being a challenge – not impossible or a pain. A 50% buff would have been fine.

Look, I understand the want for challenge, I do. I also understand the majority of the player base has the attention span of a skritt. If I have to spend an hour before hand hoping and stressing that I get into a good map, taxi around, hope the other 99 players know what they’re doing, and pray I don’t DC for a spoon and a 1 in 100 chance of something good IF we even succeed, I’m more likely to pass.

And this hurts because Teq is my favorite world boss, I have fought Teq since Tequatl Rising debuted and fighting him is one of the ways I blow off steam and de-stress. I’m not saying “Oh let’s have him be super easy” but geez… I have yet to see him succeed in a map I’m in since the ‘fix’ and this is coming from someone who normally fights him 1-3 times a day and loved it =/

Yes …. although if they increase the buff they should increase the reward. For all of the times I have done it most of it was junk. That much time in the SW would have netted a fair bit better except for the chance of an ascended weapon.

Some of the “organization” though is like herding cats. Which makes hard bosses that much harder. One of my recent pres:

1) [various map chats from commanders that not all turrets were controlled by someone]
2) I map chat the South Hills needed more people.
3) After a few minutes I tag up just to attract people.
4) Nobody arrives so I figure I might as well leave my tag on anyway as maybe someone will decide to run towards me during the defense stages.
5) Now I am yet another commander saying we need someone on turrets a,b, and c or the event will fail.

That is not uncommon. It is like people just want to fill up the map, hope others do the work while they are afk, then collect the loot because they got in a couple shots before dying. It is pretty obvious what is going on when you see a lot of dead player icons on your map.

Posted by: RobsterCraws.6405

RobsterCraws.6405

You make a really great point.

The problem is that the other posts I’ve seen are all by hardcore players. But their opinions shouldn’t drown out regular players just because they’re the ones who normally take to the forums. Anet needs to know how regular players aren’t happy.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

People are not showing up in the numbers they were before this double hp nonsense and it will only go downhill till its fixed or it becomes a ts only organized event like tt.

Posted by: Malakin.2809

Malakin.2809

Bosses are currently broken because there are many skills that require a target and can’t crit the boss. For example, mesmer illusions cannot crit at all which is a huge loss of damage. It doesn’t matter how difficult or easy the bosses are now.

Posted by: Laki.7160

Laki.7160

This has to be a bug. They stated in the patch notes that Tequatl was supposed to be crittable, but I haven’t seen any crits yet. A response from the devs would be nice.

If it’s not a bug, then I guess it’s just one step closer to running out of reasons to log in every day, since pugging Teq is one of the few things I still do in GW2.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Teq is like herding children. Children who will wander off if something looks like it’s not going their way right this second. They see that timer tick down and they decide “Oh we can’t win” and they leave. Maybe it’s only ten players on the map like that, maybe it’s twenty, it doesn’t matter because this is a boss that can be completely kittened by just a few people not doing what they should be. I’ve had my turret stolen then commanders crying “WHY IS NO ONE SPAMMING 2??”, I’ve seen defense teams still calling for members and turret ops a full minute after spawn, last night the zerg was reduced by half because people just left instead of trying.

The point is – people don’t listen and if you’re in a map where they are, you are fortunate. This is why no one but organized guilds regularly do TT and if you want to do that content, you better arrive an hour early, prepare to switch maps repeatedly, and hope you don’t get locked out. That’s why I quit TTS – hours of my time wasted waiting then locked out because they switched maps and the map is full again in 30 seconds. Not fun, not worth the treasure.

Does anyone seriously want Teq to end up like this? I’m all for a challenge but this isn’t a challenge, it’s just some boss buffed way too high that was a slight pain to begin with and a giant one now. You want Teq to be hardcore kitten, add new moves. High HP is artificial difficulty.

And no, I’ve never gotten to stand by Teq while he’s not stunned and mindlessly spam 111111. Dodge poison, dodge waves, kill fingers, etc..

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Benty.7140

Benty.7140

Another teq attempt with an organized group, another failure