Tequatl Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

Not fun having to hopefully get pulled into the map 40 min early if we don’t want to waste even more of our time after the spawn.

Posted by: Lord Victor.2174

Lord Victor.2174

And crits remain to be seen…

Posted by: MVP.7961

MVP.7961

They just need to fix the timer for him. He is not hard to kill but it take longer because of the doubled health.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They should greatly decrease the difficulty.

But then, add an instanced version for it with the current difficulty, buy using the new ‘large instance’ technology used for guild halls.

It would become one of the possible weekly Guild Missions. Guilds with not enough people can band together and ask for people to join them.

In open world, you will be able to get the achievements and the current rewards. In the instanced hardcore version, the rewards would be greater, and you’ll also get currencies you can use to buy the rewards you want if they never drop for you.

That way we can both have the cake and eat it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Zexxxion.1956

Zexxxion.1956

Great job Anet Tequatl is impossible now.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Another fail on an organized map with a full zerg and defense team.

Thanks for taking away my favorite fight in the entire game, Anet. I can run the right build. I can do my best to dodge. I can burn my hardest while he’s stunned. But Teq isn’t soloable and I can’t control the other 99 people on the map or force the random luck of getting 99 people who are all as good as I am and won’t leave half way through.

A 25-50% HP buff was enough.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Faith.1485

Faith.1485

if you want this to be an organised guild event sort of fight, then make it so guilds can have their own map and can be bothered with “auto attackers” coming and taking up a spot and ruining it. honestly, just giving him more HP dosn’t make it “challenging content.” I personally didnt care if it was hard before, it was just part of daily routine, bring it back to what it was so i can get my asc chests!

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Everybody say it with me:

Large health pools do not equal challenging content.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

More life = harder?

lol, oh man. God help you if you ever play any other MMO.

It isn’t even harder, it’s just more annoying. You could be the best possible player in the game with a superhuman ability to see 5 seconds into the future and never, ever take a hit while performing flawless DPS and you can still lose because everyone else clicks skills, doesn’t know what dodging is, and lies on the ground dead when they inevitably die.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

OK so we where organized and yet fail… you developers are on a train to make us feel like crap, why you may ask? (that’s for the people that keep saying is easy), because you make the Dragon like the 3 head worm… you need like 10000 people to complete the event.

What is this event about… about teamwork, but what happens if you don’t get the “Right Elite Ascendant Zekers Gear Players” or the “i have the best build on the world players” or the “we are the largest guild on the server players”… you have a lot (and i mean a lot of good people trying to beat a boss with no hope of completion… i urge you go and see whats happens on a ORGANIZED MAP, 3 to 4 minutes after the event starts… people get desperate and bash the chat with insults for players, and becomes a “elite” vs NOOB kind of kitten that every MMO should not, community is already broken and you manage to broken and divide it even more… in a phrase “GOOOD JOOOB ARENANET”; making the game even sour.

Posted by: Peacock.6412

Peacock.6412

We just did fine on highly organized map with full defense teams/turrets etc. Took a bit longer, long enough to miss Maw, but honestly? The past few days Teq has been a ridiculous faceroll that took three to four minutes on the timer.

My only thought was that the burn phases went far too long, perhaps the damage during those particular phases needs to be upped a little bit?

Unashamedly Qoo Qoo for Quaggans!

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

Yep. Maybe, the game dev should extend their broken game design philosophy to other game content. U can only crit a boss using cleave weapons; GW2 is a hardcore game, yo, no room for softcore players ranging from a distance. And when you do finally beat a Boss, you get rewarded with a chest that’s packed full of mostly worthless RNG loot. So rewarding, yo. /s

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Its to early to tell, its like with the launch of teq till people nailed strat down. I did a pug teq today and even though we wiped (at the battery phase) it was mainly due to people not standing at spots where boss could be crit (and ofc failing to def batteries). Other than that it was quite close, so it should be possible. A challange is nice afterall, its just more HP which means people have to follow some strat more instead of just expecting that damage alone > profit

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Nebulis.8973

Nebulis.8973

Just beat Teq in a pug map with most waiting around for an hr doing nothing since most knew what to do. Hardly organized really. Filled the posts as normal. We just chatted and what not. It was close but hardly something to cry about not being able to do. Killing Teq just took longer.

Ranger ~ Gwenavin Silvarlsti
Warrior ~ Kahless Coldstone
Elementalist ~ Kira The Star Child | Server ~ FA

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

My experience with a few successful Teq runs since the buff has been that people are sure eager to complain about the new healthpool, and yet 90% of the main zerg still sits off to the side trying to autoattack him to death as if it was business as usual. Even when the commanders are pleading with players to use the double damage and crit spots, many refuse or ignore the calls. I see this at other world bosses as well, though it’s obviously less of an issue.

Could Teq’s healthpool be toned down a little? Is there poor communication regarding the changes and no visual indication of the crit spot? Could this be improved? Of course. However, I get the sense that people as a whole just want to maintain the status quo ezmode and have been unwilling to change their behavior and put in slightly more effort.

(edited by Elestian.6134)

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Just did New!Tequatl, seems fine to me. l2p

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

From the world bosses I’ve done since the health update (I haven’t done them all), only Tequatl was troublesome. I’d imagine triple wurm would be too.

Claw felt perfect in health, but needs more mechanics to the fight to be worthwhile.

Karka Queen is still too weak in every field.

Inquest Golem Mk II was…. it’s questionable. The health feels a bit high, and it does too few attacks with too high damage (those electric fields…).

So I do not think that all world bosses should be reduced in health. Some should, others could use a buff still. And a buff does not mean solely increased health, but improved mechanics too.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

ok so you saying me that only “ascended elite zekers players” have the right to make world bosses? your telling me that the casual player cant hope to beat TEQ just couse hardcore players and guilds have the “time” to do it? that’s not only discriminatory but stupid as hell. how come that you have to wait for 1 hour to TRY… or get in the RIGHT MAP, with the right uber people to do world bosses? that’s bullkitten, what happens to tripe trouble… only guild do it, and only one head… you know why? because is friking hard and boring to do for the casual player… MMO are made to be fun, not for hardcore players beating the crap out of people on the chat… saying hurtful things to people that only wanna have fun… but well is sad that a broken community gets even shatter by developers work and people that “LIKE” what made them fell superior…

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I haven’t been ezmoding Teq and I’m putting in the best of my effort. It’s not enough. Not unless I want to plan hours before and pray I get in on a good map or a guild map.

I agree some players are just lazy and that was always bad at Teq, any time it failed in the last six months – you could easily see why. Now? Forget it. Unless everyone is hardcore mode, you fail, and that’s a lot to ask of most PvErs.

Tone HP buff down a little, make crit spot stand out more…

Or leave it like it is and make it drop Legendaries every time or most folks won’t touch it. I know I’m pretty kittened off at this point that my favorite fight – the way I blew off steam and relaxed – is now gone or rather buffed so high that I’m unlikely to win it every day and instead, end up in a worse mood.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

It has become an “organized only, pugs need not apply” kind of event. Just as it was shortly after the Teq Rising change – and those weren’t good times at all.

I had to actually ask someone what pug was tonight as I had never heard it used before now.

I decided to give the new teq a try. Usually when I go it is nowhere close to organized with myself and some other commanders yelling to all the afk’ers that ANYone needs to control the turrets. By a fluke I happened on a map that was being ran by an organized guild and we were done in plenty of time for the maw.

Soja.5918

Full disclosure: I only use exotic equipment with the exception of an ascended chest piece that is primarily defensive because that’s what the RNG determined I should get.

It’s not that hard really.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Its to early to tell, its like with the launch of teq till people nailed strat down.

And till it got nerfed twice…
Just saying.

Full disclosure: I only use exotic equipment with the exception of an ascended chest piece that is primarily defensive because that’s what the RNG determined I should get.

Doesn’t matter, your eq is scaled down to exotics on that map anyway. In fact, Ascended eq after last patch seems to scale down worse than lower tiers in some cases.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

I have tried Teq post buff and I can give this opinion now.

Teq is in an okISH place.

He is beatable, but it has a very low error allowance. Meaning that there can be very few people goofing around or AFK during the fight. We had 3 mins left on our map and we were mostly all there (a few lazy idiots not using the WP but whatever).

The problems mainly started during the “burn” phases after he was shot down by the megalaser, that is when Teq’s new HP buff start to show, he CANNOT be burned down to immediate fly off again (although extremely coordinated groups might be able to pull this off). This causes his overall timer to tick down ever closer to the danger point.

Overall, he may need a little bit of tweaking to fit an open world boss, or at least make the reward a bit more consistantly good, but he isn’t ungodly unkillable.

(edited by Sarevok.2638)

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

From the other thread.

I have tried Teq post buff and I can give this opinion now.

Teq is in an okISH place.

He is beatable, but it has a very low error allowance. Meaning that there can be very few people goofing around or AFK during the fight. We had 3 mins left on our map and we were mostly all there (a few lazy idiots not using the WP but whatever).

The problems mainly started during the “burn” phases after he was shot down by the megalaser, that is when Teq’s new HP buff start to show, he CANNOT be burned down to immediate fly off again (although extremely coordinated groups might be able to pull this off). This causes his overall timer to tick down ever closer to the danger point.

Overall, he may need a little bit of tweaking to fit an open world boss, or at least make the reward a bit more consistantly good, but he isn’t ungodly unkillable.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Good. People have gotten too complacent with Teq. This event was designed specifically for people that wanted more challenge and coordination.

It really doesn’t take much either. A couple good defense teams. Players running a proper Teq build and not their usual zerk. Seriously, go PVT with a support build, stack the zerg tight and go overboard on condi-cleanse, healing and stability and you’ll do fine.

And kill those fingers! Mesmers get your feedback up! Walls! South turrets cleanse the zerg please!

Aww, I miss my Teq commanding days.

My fave line from another commander when setting up teq: “I hate zerg duty.”

I usually am on my elementalist. So during the offensive phase I am water most of the time so I can heal people while doing damage then attuning to fire when running back to the defensive phase. The fun ones are when I missed f1 while running back and splash some zombie near a battery.

Because I happened on a map with an organized guild today we did great. Because of changes from the patch (“what the, my range is not that low”) I got distracted and died 3 times. Then was revived, which I never saw ppl do with teq before. To say I was highly embarrassed would be an understatement!

Soja.5918

Is it September 2013 again? Everyone seems to think Tequatl is too hard again and needs a nerf. I beg to differ.

Here’s how to beat Tequatl.

First of all, you need manpower. If the map is empty then the fight is going to be unwinnable, full stop. Once you have a good pool of people, organize 30m-1hr before the fight begins.

Defense is a must. Those turrets are key to victory; if one of the batteries falls, then you will lose precious seconds and Tequatl’s scales will pile up.

The turrets are also responsible for cleansing the vanguard and buffing their offensive power with the elixir bombs.

The typical defense points for the turrets are:

North Turrets: Boat wreckage north of it, hills east of the megalaser, and a group close to the turrets to repair damages and kill claws as fast as possible.

South Turrets: Boat wreckage south of battery, hills north of battery, and a group to kill claws as fast as possible. Between the two, I FIND THIS TO BE THE HARDER OF THE DEFENSES. The spawns are more relentless it seems.

The Zerg:

You cannot mindlessly pile on the nearest spot on Tequatl anymore. Introduced in the last patch is a weak point in which you can critically hit Tequatl. This means that PVT gear is now mostly for survivability where as Berserker and Assassin’s is in for doing the big domages during burn phases. In this latest experience, this one gets kind of hectic because now you actually have to get in under Tequatl to hit the critical point. This is also a nexus of where claws can drop poison clouds, so perhaps a new team needs to be assigned to run around the field and shatter claws so they pose less of a hazard to the Zerg.

Defense Phase:

At each quarter of Tequatl’s health bar, you will hit a defense phase called the Charge Phase. There are three batteries you need to defend during a charge phase, plus the Megalaser.

The East Battery spawns Claws and lots of krait hypnoss, usually veteran or elites, and is pretty straightforward: kill claws, kill risen.

The North Battery is lousy with Risen Grubs; their holes will appear and will need to be stomped ASAP or otherwise you will get overwhelmed with their AoE attacks. Woe betide you if a champ spawns; it must die immediately.

The West Battery will have a large number of risen plague bearers and abominations attacking the battery. Use hard CC and knockback to control the abominations until they explode; when they do, they will leave behind a toxic cloud you want to avoid. Deal with other risen as you normally would.

The Megalaser will come under a constant assault of risen, including champions. The biggest threat by far will be the two Champion Hypnoss that spawn near the north boats during the charge phase. Rangers are typically employed to deal with them using Entangle to immobilize it. Entangle no longer has the duration it once did, so two or more Rangers will have to work in tandem. Once the Hypnoss is called out, a moderately sized group of 10 or so heroes should be able to deal with it in summary fashion. Killing the Hypnoss is imperative; the size of the minion group they can summon is overwhelming and will almost certainly destroy the Megalaser.

The Burn:

At :25-20 seconds until Megalaser is fully charged. everyone should head back to the beach and prepare to level all of their might against that weak point mentioned earlier. The only thing required here is to make sure everyone is on the same page before the fight begins. The standard rules apply: res downed allies, dead allies teleport to the nearest Waypoint and swim back. With sufficient manpower, and following these loose guidelines, Tequatl is easy to down.

You do not need all ascended gear, you do not need consumables, you do not need to use any special buffoonery (although if it makes it easier, there’s no reason not to take it). I hope this guide helps someone out there. Good luck, Tyrians.

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

Was in a map where we beat him last night, it just takes longer, we got by with a minute left to go.
I am sure though, given more time, it won’t be an issue.
They should however, and this is just me being selfish, give us better rewards.
I got a spoon, and maybe 3 rare items, and a lot of junk.

Soja.5918

I, too, got a spoon tonight.

Some things never change.

Posted by: Geneaux.9547

Geneaux.9547

From the world bosses I’ve done since the health update (I haven’t done them all), only Tequatl was troublesome. I’d imagine triple wurm would be too.

Claw felt perfect in health, but needs more mechanics to the fight to be worthwhile.

Karka Queen is still too weak in every field.

Inquest Golem Mk II was…. it’s questionable. The health feels a bit high, and it does too few attacks with too high damage (those electric fields…).

So I do not think that all world bosses should be reduced in health. Some should, others could use a buff still. And a buff does not mean solely increased health, but improved mechanics too.

^This. It not as simple as “they all have too much health”.

“Man this jungle in the expansion better look so good it gives me flashbacks to Nam.”
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Knights of Ares [ARES]

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Was in a map where we beat him last night, it just takes longer, we got by with a minute left to go.
I am sure though, given more time, it won’t be an issue.
They should however, and this is just me being selfish, give us better rewards.
I got a spoon, and maybe 3 rare items, and a lot of junk.

Not much for 30-60 mins of prep.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Lambo.1405

Lambo.1405

I agree with everything said by everyone in this thread. Teq is funner now but better rewards are always a plus.

Posted by: Brostrodon.1657

Brostrodon.1657

If Anet gave slightly better rewards then this is perfect. I was talking to a few people after we beat our Teq and they all agreed that if you got two spoons instead of just one it’d make the event WAY more worth. I’ll be able to get enough spoons to invite my guild over for some soup or chili

Lambo.1405

Yes! Moar spoons!

Posted by: Laki.7160

Laki.7160

Teq is not funner. It’s the exact same fight. It just takes longer.

Lambo.1405

Ahh but pushing the clock makes it a bit more intense. That equals fun.
Watching the clock run out adds more “GO GO GO”! I enjoy that.

(edited by Lambo.1405)

Posted by: Sango.6502

Sango.6502

We just killed it with a ATT guild spawn. 8:31 remaining on the clock.

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

I never understood how adding more health (which means an event will take longer and have a higher possibility of failing and making all the time you spent preparing and actually fighting seem worthless) would make anything more fun.

Adding new mechanics might make it more fun.
Adding new skills to Teq’s skill bar might be more fun.

Doubling Teq’s health while leaving the time frame the same is not, in my opinion, making it more fun. It makes it more frustrating to kill, and when you end up failing over and over again, like a lot of people are, it makes you not want to participate any more.

In this instance, I think they should have looked at current difficulty and time frames that were happening at each event, and adjusted health accordingly to each world boss who was going down too quickly. With Teq, I was only noticing a slight difference in how fast she was being killed. All in all, she was only going down about 1-2 minutes faster than before the condition changes. After this health doubling, it can now take 10 of the 15 minute time frame just to get her to 75% for the first defense phase.

I actually walked away from my first Teq instance ever tonight, because it was 2 minutes past the time when Teq should have been dead, and we were not even to 50%, and only had 3 minutes left on the timer. I really did not want to miss Frozen Maw, since it was one of the dailies, so I have no idea if my instance won the fight or not.

I just cannot see how forcing a fight to take longer makes it more fun.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

(edited by Kreejaffa.3682)

Sango.6502

We were able to kill Teq moments ago. It was a guild spawn with ATT, and got it down with 8:31 remaining on the clock.

Lambo.1405

Before Teq was faceroll easy. It was almost mindless and automatic (Although not as bad kittenterer/Megadestroyer). Now, a bit of preparation and organization is needed. The possibility of failure should be there otherwise it’s just a matter of logging in and spamming some keys. That’s hardly fun.

Edit – Not sure why Shatter-er is filtered, but oh well.

Kreejaffa.3682

A bit of preparation has always been needed since the restructuring of Teq a while back. I have seen it fail a few times within the last couple of months, so it’s not like it was always a 100% win situation. I would not call that faceroll easy.

But it’s also not fun to stand around for 30-40 minutes, prepare for a hard fight, and then spend 20 minutes only to not even win the fight.

The health pool needs lowered a little. As others have said, a 25%-50% increase would have been fine.

Lambo.1405

Really, there’s no need to call people that. It’s ok to disagree with me but let’s keep it civil. I hopped in game 10 minutes before Teq event started. I quickly set some traits and skills that I thought would be useful and headed to north boats. The whole event went off without a hitch. Did it take a bit longer, Yes. Could the rewards have been better? For sure. That being said, it was fun and I enjoyed the change.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

The people that are defending this new HP buff abomination are hilarious.

Their argument is: “hurr durr, i jut did teq right now and it was fine, map was organized and if you want easy stuff you need to kitten off casual, no more easy kill afk for you”

They are just saying that if you are lucky to get a very well organized map and with people with the right gear and no low level, you will win! DUH!

How can some people be so kittening dense?

Posted by: RobsterCraws.6405

RobsterCraws.6405

Turning Teq into hardcore content misses the point completely. It’s mid-level content. Not for newbies but not for hardcore. It’s so that semi-hardcore/semi-casual players (i.e. most GW2 players) can hop on for 30 minutes and with a little coordination and planning with other GW players achieve a fun feeling of accomplishment.

This guts the soul of what makes GW2 popular… good content for all level of players, casual, mid-level, and hardcore.

Peacock.6412

Sango… (Assuming this is Sango that I know)… why didn’t ya’ll come to reset? Quaggans missed you! :P

Lambo.1405

I’m hardly a hardcore player. I too have a job, family, and kids but when I play, I play hard. I think a good challenge is fun. Picking myself up off the dirt and rethinking my strategy is what makes a game fun in my opinion. I get that my opinion isn’t popular but that’s just me. I’m the kinda player that keeps at it, even after being knocked down time and time again. Am I a skilled player? Far from it. I just like being presented with a challenge because the feeling of finally succeeding makes the game for me.

Sango.6502

Sango… (Assuming this is Sango that I know)… why didn’t ya’ll come to reset? Quaggans missed you! :P

Yes, it’s the same me. I must of not been in the same instance because I was there at reset. I arrived a bit late a few minutes into Teq.

(edited by Sango.6502)

Peacock.6412

Yes, it’s the same me. I must of not been in the same instance because I was there at reset.

Well fooo!

Hopefully we’ll all get it right tomorrow. Not quite the same without all of our usual peeps there <3!

Posted by: Elesare.5604

Elesare.5604

Doubling hp is lazy. It also isn’t worth extra effort just to get the same old greens and a spoon most of the time.

Kreejaffa.3682

If Teq was able to be soloed, I would agree with you that a challenge is healthy and fun sometimes, but an event that happens every few hours, and incorporates massive amounts of people at varying levels of skill and a wide variety of play styles is not the type of thing I believe should be made so difficult that it becomes a thing you start avoiding due to the amount of effort not being equal to the reward.

It’s why a lot of people do not do Triple Trouble anymore. Too much work for too little reward.

Posted by: Drynwyn.8924

Drynwyn.8924

Same boring fight. Now with too high of a chance of failing in a pug. The reward is not worth the effort. At least pre-wb buff it was fun because it was fast paced.