Tequatl Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SweetnStab.4815

SweetnStab.4815

Tequatl is the most rewarding WB in game and now it’s basically impossible to kill it without an semi-organized group. That is… how it should be. “Organized” means more than stationing 5 people at each defense point and leaving it at that. You don’t need TS, you just need people who know what they’re doing. Our group (with a core of <20 members) has not failed this new Teq yet and we’ve done that by controlling who is on the defense teams and turrets. People we don’t know get channeled to the zerg.

Necessities to win:
-You need a full party at each defense point (N/S Hills/Boats). These people need to know spawn times and may need to skip a burn phase if the spawn phase is too close.
-1 party or 2 parties who clear fingers and help DPS any champ hypnos/grubs that show up
-Turret Ops who know how to press more than 1 and 2
-A zerg commander with a tag who can convince the masses to stack around them (hardest part really)
-Lots of reflects
-Make the dead respawn

If you have this you’ll win with ~1:30 to 2:30 to spare. Having TS, dedicated reflect teams and other little boosts just make things a little less hard.

I personally like the new Teq and hope it stays the way it is. Maaaybe make its crit spot a little more accessible is the only minor complaint I have for it. But it’s definitely doable.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

The only thing they need to change is the crit spot. They should definitely leave the health as it is. Teq should not be completely faceroll.

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

-Lots of reflects

You type lots of things but this sums it up nicely: this is the single reason why you are winning…stacking reflects.

They should nerf reflects in PvE and see how you feel then imo.

(edited by fixit.7189)

Posted by: SweetnStab.4815

SweetnStab.4815

@fixit:

You can try and tell your zerg-mates to stack reflects too ya know right? It’s a simple matter. And all the reflects in the world don’t matter if the turrets are destroyed by mobs and people don’t stack. Also, when dealing with a zerg of pugs there are always gaps in the reflect wall and having less fingers to cast the fields help keep everyone alive till they start coming back up.

The reason we want good turret ops and defenses is because the zerg is notoriously unreliable. This method would work just as well even if reflects were nerfed. Turrets still could use their cleanse. Reflects do however help, a lot, and the more the better. Is why I mentioned it. But you can’t rely on them.

(edited by SweetnStab.4815)

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

And today was even “better”. We got to the 2nd battery phase and the clock was down to 7 seconds and suddenly jumped up to 12. We failed due to a megalaser wipe out due to the lovely glitch. At this rate folks are going to stop wasting their time on a badly thought out “fix” plus all the glitches. I know I will stop. I wasn’t the only one who noticed the nasty clock glitch. Unless it was deliberate on ANeT’s part to make sure there are more failures.

And here’s to 50 minutes of wasted time.

Sad, just sad.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

(edited by Heibi.4251)

Posted by: Benty.7140

Benty.7140

I’ve had one successful Teq out of seven now I think? At this point people are just quitting the fight when you’re not even to the first phase after 5 minutes and they’ve had to waypoint from death a few times.

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

My two cents: It’s completely doable, although I’ve only been on a map that has succeeded once. What SweetnStab says is completely true. It should not be a faceroll event. Too many people are still used to the old Teq and try to do the same thing but that no longer works. It would be nice if they made it more challenging rather than just buffing HP, but with all this outrage, I find it hard to believe that Anet will risk the community’s wrath by doing something truly difficult. So, if Anet gives in we all loose.

Every map I’ve been on that’s failed is mostly due to Turret Ops and zerg. Turret ops don’t use #1 and #2 skills reliablly, hardened scales are too high (today’s map had two bone walls) and they don’t cleanse the zerg. In the zerg, too many afk, stand in one spot, won’t wp if fully dead, and range. If zerg melee with turrets cleansing, plus reflects it should go lots better.

This requires coordination and flexibility, but a majority of PvE players are not capable of this .Plus you need to do more than just blindly spam skills. I think the recent buff to Teq just highlights how poorly players were playing it and now we need to change, but change always lead to excessive QQing. If you don’t like the buffed Teq and won’t do it anymore then that at least increases my opportunity for a good map, so thanks!

So if you walk away from Teq a few of us win, if you learn how to work together, we all win.

Posted by: Sango.6502

Sango.6502

We got Teq down at reset with about 7:30 remaining. Semi organized since it has regulars and pugs.

An improvement from yesterday considering yesterday’s reset failed.

Attachments:

(edited by Sango.6502)

Posted by: Peacock.6412

Peacock.6412

We got Teq down at reset with about 7:30 remaining. Semi organized since it has regulars and pugs.

Was definitely the best run we’ve had at reset since the patch. Usual suspects populating North defenses (REQT, Fear and Salt and BURN), CoE on South hills, and some really great zerg command by BEER.

Unashamedly Qoo Qoo for Quaggans!

Posted by: Sango.6502

Sango.6502

Was definitely the best run we’ve had at reset since the patch. Usual suspects populating North defenses (REQT, Fear and Salt and BURN), and some really great zerg command by BEER.

Yep definitely.

Posted by: Peacock.6412

Peacock.6412

Was definitely the best run we’ve had at reset since the patch. Usual suspects populating North defenses (REQT, Fear and Salt and BURN), and some really great zerg command by BEER.

You forgot Fear!!

Fear is right there, Goober! :P

Unashamedly Qoo Qoo for Quaggans!

Posted by: Erulogos.2591

Erulogos.2591

So reading through this, the fix is obvious, and needed across all the world bosses that got buffed anyway: Fix the crit spots.

The maps that beat Teq stack melee on the crit spot. That is the key strat. Make all his hitboxes critable and he’s back to being challenging without requiring special gear, builds, and character selection (seriously, who thinks a world boss should be melee only? Challenge is one thing, being that narrow in your requirements is quite the other.)

The other bosses need their crit spots fixed mostly because currently they are just dull slogs. SB, Maw, Shatt, etc. taking twice as long as they did before the 6/23 patch is not an improvement for anyone.

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

So reading through this, the fix is obvious, and needed across all the world bosses that got buffed anyway: Fix the crit spots.

The maps that beat Teq stack melee on the crit spot. That is the key strat. Make all his hitboxes critable and he’s back to being challenging without requiring special gear, builds, and character selection (seriously, who thinks a world boss should be melee only? Challenge is one thing, being that narrow in your requirements is quite the other.)

The other bosses need their crit spots fixed mostly because currently they are just dull slogs. SB, Maw, Shatt, etc. taking twice as long as they did before the 6/23 patch is not an improvement for anyone.

Nicely put. Simply making them take longer is not the answer. Players get tired of fighting a Boss in a 15th level zone that takes forever to kill. SB has gotten ridiculous in this matter. It takes 7-8 portal phases to kill him now, where it took 3-4 before condi(and about 1-2 with condi).

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: seinooo.2680

seinooo.2680

My 2nd win this week.

Did Teq just got changed somehow? o:

I did arrive in this map like 30 mins earlier though. And on the burn phases we almost did’t make it (Teq recovering from the stun lol) and on the last burn, (right after I took this screenie)Teq managed a stomp and a lot of people got pulled under haha.

I guess this is doable when people listen to commanders and the mapchat. o_o

Attachments:

I steal warriors’ banners by accident.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

They double teqs hp and nerf our down scale lvl all at the same time. now our ascended gear makes no difference and we would be as well fighting in lvl 65 gear.
Some one give anet a genius of the year award.

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

The problem with tequatl is obviously the hitboxes, not the double hp.
The fact that the crittable hitbox is small, and in a very probelmatic location, and on top of that untargettble and can only be cleaved makes it moreso.
If you look at shadow behemoth, its crittable hitbox is right in the middle of its aoe death pulse, which no matter how i look at it, is obviously unintended.
That fact only makes it obvious that it’s the same for all world bosses, tequatl included.
The only thing we can do is wait for an appropriate fix for thr world bosses.
tl;dr: the double hp isn’t the problem, the crittable hitbox is.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

tl;dr: the double hp isn’t the problem, the crittable hitbox is.

both are the problem. They used the same “fix” for a multitude of different bosses with different needs. It was obvious that this way they would get it wrong on most of them. Crit or no crit.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I got my first Teq kill since parch.

I stood in one place and spammed 1. So did everyone else. He melted like butter because.. well I’m not going to spoil it or encourage it but I’m real sure others are using it too.

For days, I’ve been belittled, told to learn to play, told I’m trying to ruin a challenging boss, told to get good, called a scrub, a loser, a whiner, someone trying to ruin hardcore elite content, accused of afking and pressing 111 to win at all bosses, and other crap.

Today, I facerolled Teq for the first time ever instead of fighting him head on in a way that made me move, dodge, jump, and use skills. This Teq can be killed by a bunch of people AFKing and pressing 1.

I can’t even anymore…

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

eldrin.6471

I really wish they would come down from mount Olympus and speek to us paying mortals about this matter. Its been four days since we got this blessing.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Stop whining so much.People alsready begin to grasp how to do it.Give it a bit more time.I bet in the end of this month all those complains won’t be here.

Sure. Because it will get nerfed. As it got nerfed before, when it turned out to be too difficult.

By the looks at this thread if any of it is half true he will be buffed and nerfed. Something along the lines of making his projectiles non reflectable and his health scaled down accordingly.

I find it curious that some groups kill him super fast while others are failing miserably.
That said. Triple trouble is harder but that didn’t get nerfed either.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Here is a screenshot from my yesterday Tequatl kill.The map was filled with random pugs.If you look at the 2nd screenchot you will notice why i say this is a Pug map.(Semi organised map)Half the zerg is dead,but we still were able to finish it wiht 5 minutes spare time.

Too many people are still used to the old Teq and try to do the same thing over and over again but that no longer works.So they fail miserably.

Attachments:

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

eldrin.6471

Congratulations. but how many have failed or have just given up? there is a big drop in lfg activity for teq. that would indicate a big drop in the number of instances that are even attempting this event. And that’s a big loss to a lot of players.

moiraine.2753

Congratulations. but how many have failed or have just given up? there is a big drop in lfg activity for teq. that would indicate a big drop in the number of instances that are even attempting this event. And that’s a big loss to a lot of players.

By looking at the screenshots in the thread more and more people are getting the hand of it.

seinooo.2680@
His map did even better job than mine lol.They had 9 minutes left(against mine 5) kitten .And this is only one example.How many people don’t even bother to post a screenshot?

Posted by: Dromina.5023

Dromina.5023

first try saturday: 55% left
third try yesterday: 5% left (bad cannon defense)
fourth try yesterday: killed

people seem to get the hang of it. give it a week or two and it will be at >80% again i think. if the crit boxes get “fixed” even sooner.

Posted by: White SeeD.1230

White SeeD.1230

3 day, 14 Teq, 13 fail.
Time to go back daily cof p1 run. Hmmm, they will not like my condi necro… Well then time to SW.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I hate boss battles on a timer. I’d much rather have a boss wipe all the players, than lose because an alarm clock reached zero before the boss’ health ran out.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Astralporing.1957

I find it curious that some groups kill him super fast while others are failing miserably.

…since i understood how that exploit works, i’m no longer surprised by those speed kills.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Vorenu.6943

Vorenu.6943

I would say they went overboard with the hp buff, but i’ve still managed to kill it everyday with between 1 and 8 minutes left on the timer while doing it the normal way 100-75% hp.

(been doing it at 1am reset uk time if that matters and got a map 20-30 mins before start)

doing over 300k damage combined over two hit spots with my flamethrower on my engi is <3

(edited by Vorenu.6943)

moiraine.2753

…since i understood how that exploit works, i’m no longer surprised by those speed kills.

I don’t think it’s an exploit exactly.It was here for atleast 2+years and Anet still hasn’t done anything.I think what they only have to increase the critting spots.

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

I’d bet $100 that the majority of maps being completed with ‘good’ times had guardians, knowingly or unknowingly, exploiting the symbols bug.

Every format in this game is so unbelievably broken atm it’s hilarious to watch, and players think it would be great if HoT would be released as soon as possible?

Even the Guild Wars 2 beta wasn’t this awful

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I don’t think it’s an exploit exactly.It was here for atleast 2+years and Anet still hasn’t done anything.I think what they only have to increase the critting spots.

The speed kills are absolutely due to the guardian exploit. It’s happening on TT well. Anet needs to fix this asap. It’s terrible and trivializes content.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well I tried teq for the first time since the patch… and I must say… he feels like he has less HP than before not more….

Though I heard 5-6 guardians talking about how they could solo teq without the rest of us, so not sure what that is about.

moiraine.2753

The speed kills are absolutely due to the guardian exploit. It’s happening on TT well. Anet needs to fix this asap. It’s terrible and trivializes content.

Axx it’s my mistake then.I didn’t understand what bugg he was talking about exactly.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

I’ll take a leap of faith and say that most of the Tequatl kills happening now are due to the symbol trait bug which allows for absolutely insane amounts of damage.

That doesn’t fix the problem itself.

eldrin.6471

I’ll take a leap of faith and say that most of the Tequatl kills happening now are due to the symbol trait bug which allows for absolutely insane amounts of damage.

That doesn’t fix the problem itself.

Looks like if you want to kill teq its lfg exploit map.

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

after learning on how to kill teq now. in a different way then i had done before the update . i got to say some times you got to try new tricks to reach your goal . and after dropping teq with 3:00 left to go . i got a nice drop out of it. and gold too. even old dog,s can learn new trick,s

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

Beat Teq this morning with 8 minutes left.. Its not broke just learn to hit it in the right spots.. You cant just afk anymore and spam contrary to QQ belief..

This game is so easy Anet throws you xp/karma and money for doing everything and now you all cry foul because they want you to be a better player and give players a slight challenge?

PvE is the biggest easiest part of the game, I hope HoT has some decent hard content or we will get bored in a week. It needs high level content to keep things interesting.

Crystal Desert

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

after learning on how to kill teq now. in a different way then i had done before the update . i got to say some times you got to try new tricks to reach your goal . and after dropping teq with 3:00 left to go . i got a nice drop out of it. and gold too. even old dog,s can learn new trick,s

Yes, because you alone were responsible for killing him right?

People are not being able to kill him because every single one is lazy right?

You people are so kittening dense! You think everyone who had the map failed, is someone that wasn’t doing a thing to kill that buffed kitten as fast as possible.

You guys expect every single person to use the right gear, know how to dodge at the right time, use food buffs and go with the right build and crit him, you expect this from a game full of casuals and very average players (and i’m not being offensive here, just stating a fact). You people still don’t understand that killing him now is based on luck, if you get a map with 200 people and 100 are lazy kitten afkers or something like that, you will fail even though you worked your kitten off to protect the turrets, to crit him and etc.

I’m so tired of these kind of people, judging everyone that wasn’t able to kill Teq after this terrible bugged buff.

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

You people are so kittening dense! You think everyone who had the map failed, is someone that wasn’t doing a thing to kill that buffed kitten as fast as possible.

You guys expect every single person to use the right gear, know how to dodge at the right time, use food buffs and go with the right build and crit him, you expect this from a game full of casuals and very average players (and i’m not being offensive here, just stating a fact). You people still don’t understand that killing him now is based on luck, if you get a map with 200 people and 100 are lazy kitten afkers or something like that, you will fail even though you worked your kitten off to protect the turrets, to crit him and etc.

I’m so tired of these kind of people, judging everyone that wasn’t able to kill Teq after this terrible bugged buff.

You dont need food to kill Teq, Teq is a team effort and a world boss its not meant to be some free cheese party.

Crystal Desert

(edited by ades.1386)

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

Everyone brings a hammer guard, everyone in zerg AAing for 40-50-even60k.
I’d feel like it was exploiting if half the game wasnt bugged fighting bugged content atm.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

You dont need food to kill Teq, Teq is a team effort and a world boss its not meant to be some free cheese party.

thanks for proving my point, again.

Posted by: Lusteregris.2697

Lusteregris.2697

Imo the whole discussion about Teq makes no sense right now. About the same time Teq got first killed after ‘double health balance patch’ people learned about guardian sick damage bug.

Did your map won because you were awesome, organized, full zerker no death 1337 players, or you just had more than average guardian ratio and they carried you with their insane game-breaking damage output. And how can you know know which of the two happened?

Really, before we argue about Teq being broken we should wait until our own Player Characters are not broken and deal damage they supposed to.

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Soon people are going to skip Teq like do Triple Trouble. Good Job Anet!

Posted by: GlitchyBat.3682

GlitchyBat.3682

>Anet doesn’t nerf Tequatl’s health. Fixes all OP player bugs and designs.
>Successful Tequatl maps drastically drop.
>Even guild maps consistently fail.
>"Git gud lazy 111ers all skill no luck"

Once crit spots are fixed and player exploits are adjusted, yeah Teq can be better gauged. Hopefully they apply a patch today that does these things any moment now and see if the crits being reasonably placed and functional will make up for the doubled HP after all. Otherwise, this discussion’s just going in circles.

As it stands, a successful Tequatl map is luck and relies on having a large bunch of reflectors that can stay on the crit spot and all know this is now necessary to even stand a decent chance. I’ve even seen organized guilds fail simply because they weren’t able to keep enough reflects off thanks to literally being tossed around by waves losing half their health, poison AoE hammering them, and insta-downed by Tequatl’s smashing feet.

>Just jump you don’t even need to dodge the waves
You do realize that I, and probably a lot of others, see the wave before or after it fired and it’s not always synched up with the hitbox, right?

[OWLS] Priory Elder Dragon Research Team
[EDS] Elder Dragon Sympathizers

Astralporing.1957

I’m not talking about the crit spot. I am talking about that new guard bug.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

can someone explain to me how this is a bug? Not debating here, just trying to understand, doesn’t it just 10% damage to enemies standing in the symbol?

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

My BBQ team of Epic Pugness beat him last night with plenty of time to spare. I posted our strat in the link below. Might not be the same strat as other maps but it was really effective for us

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Teq-Triple-Trouble-and-Dungeons/page/3#post5232890

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

can someone explain to me how this is a bug? Not debating here, just trying to understand, doesn’t it just 10% damage to enemies standing in the symbol?

the buff stacks per guardian with the trait, each guard can sustain symbols with hammer quickness. 30 guards with 30 symbols, each guardian is doing 1.1^30 damage which is 17 times damage. thats how you see 40k auto attacks and 100k whirls

[ICoa] Blackgate

(edited by dodgycookies.4562)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

10% for each symbol

4 symbols per guardian

20 guardians

= 800% damage increase

50k hits per auto attack are fairly simple.

This is why Teq is succeeding, not any magic strategy. They forgot to limit it to each guardian or one symbol.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

10% for each symbol

4 symbols per guardian

20 guardians

= 800% damage increase

50k hits per auto attack are fairly simple.

This is why Teq is succeeding, not any magic strategy. They forgot to limit it to each guardian or one symbol.

It succeeds without this as well. Shame people need crutches.