Tequatl Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I find it curious that some groups kill him super fast while others are failing miserably.

…since i understood how that exploit works, i’m no longer surprised by those speed kills.

I don’t think it’s an exploit exactly.It was here for atleast 2+years and Anet still hasn’t done anything.I think what they only have to increase the critting spots.

I’m not talking about the crit spot. I am talking about that new guard bug.

can someone explain to me how this is a bug? Not debating here, just trying to understand, doesn’t it just 10% damage to enemies standing in the symbol?

10% for each symbol

4 symbols per guardian

20 guardians

= 800% damage increase

50k hits per auto attack are fairly simple.

This is why Teq is succeeding, not any magic strategy. They forgot to limit it to each guardian or one symbol.

It succeeds without this as well. Shame people need crutches.

I highly doubt it. You couldn’t possibly make this claim. Every zerg is filled with Guardians. And most guardians are running symbolic avenger. Whether they are willingly doing it or intentionally doing it they are still doing it and everybody is still benefiting from it.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

My BBQ team of Epic Pugness beat him last night with plenty of time to spare.

Hehehehe +1

Here is today’s my pug map daily Teq kill.With bnurning bug or without it.People won’t stop doing Teq.

Attachments:

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I find it curious that some groups kill him super fast while others are failing miserably.

…since i understood how that exploit works, i’m no longer surprised by those speed kills.

I don’t think it’s an exploit exactly.It was here for atleast 2+years and Anet still hasn’t done anything.I think what they only have to increase the critting spots.

can someone explain to me how this is a bug? Not debating here, just trying to understand, doesn’t it just 10% damage to enemies standing in the symbol?

10% for each symbol

4 symbols per guardian

20 guardians

= 800% damage increase

This is why Teq is succeeding, not any magic strategy. They forgot to limit it to each guardian or one symbol.

It succeeds without this as well. Shame people need crutches.

I highly doubt it. You couldn’t possibly make this claim. Every zerg is filled with Guardians. And most guardians are running symbolic avenger. Whether they are willingly doing it or intentionally doing it they are still doing it and everybody is still benefiting from it.

Ah yes, it is difficult for me so others are cheating. Until this exploit was posted on this thread teq was successfully done by pugs and organized groups. Hopefully when this is patched out we can get back to doing damage and killing the dragon instead of sitting on forums saying that it is impossible.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

My son’s group beat Tequatl… with 1 second on the clock. Literally. My son started counting down they stood up and started whooping, and walked over to see all the omgs and I cant believe it was so close and etcs….

Haven’t beaten him yet myself, but I know others that have, and some with a few minutes left on the clock.

So, yes, its doable. But its a lot tougher than it was. Need to be very organized again, just like how it was at the beginning after he was buffed.

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

10% for each symbol

4 symbols per guardian

20 guardians

= 800% damage increase

So I understand now why this is considered a bug and an exploit. I hope Anet doesn’t consider using their ban hammer over this. TTS might find themselves with less members.

Dinks.2478

This bug didn’t start to exist after somebody said it existed… It has been in since between the patch and when they buffed Teq. Guardians have all been unwittingly doing it since the start because we are all running the new symbol meta build. When it is inevitably fixed I assure you we will start to see even more Teq failures unless anet fixes the crit mechanics so that it isnt a cleave box. If you seriously believe there arent tons of guardians at every successful Teq then there is nothing I can do for you because you’re just being willfully ignorant or you’re just that naive.

A blanket 200% nerf and a band-aid of a crit spot is not a good fix. It is like fixing the inventory resize bug by making the inventory not able to be resized at all.

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

The bug actually make the player recognize symbols from other players as well as his own symbol making the damage modifier stack for each symbol. 2 symbols give 20% and 3 symbols give 30% instead of the intended 10% no matter the amount of symbols.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

So all the people who’ve been saying, “get gud” have been benefited by a bug being exploited? Sounds typical.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

moiraine.2753

So all the people who’ve been saying, “get gud” have been benefited by a bug being exploited? Sounds typical.

You are totally wrong.Look at the timer.If you finish the fight at 11+ minute then the bug is used.If Teq is killed at 5th and less minute then the bug was not used.Also don’t blame the playerbase for exploiting something when it si obvious that Anet have to be blamed for allowing such thing in a 1st place.

Dinks.2478

You are totally wrong.Look at the timer.If you finish the fight at 11+ minute then the bug is used.If Teq is killed at 5th and less minute then the bug was not used.Also don’t blame the playerbase for exploiting something when it si obvious that Anet have to be blamed for allowing such thing in a 1st place.

I wouldn’t blame the players, their only other option is to not play the only optimal Guardian build at the moment. However to talk kitten to people like they’re bad because their map doesn’t happen to have as many guardians as yours is kittenhit.

Just a flesh wound.3589

If Teq is killed at 5th and less minutes doesn’t mean the bug was not used. It only means it wasn’t used to the same extent as a fast kill. (Unless you want to argue that no guards were there using this during that kill).

And I wasn’t blaming players for using it. I was pointing out that the ones gloating about how good they were were benefiting from it.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

With this exploit going on at the same time as the double hp teq fiasco no one can claim to have beaten this event. There would have to be no guardians .

moiraine.2753

With this exploit going on at the same time as the double hp teq fiasco no one can claim to have beaten this event. There would have to be no guardians .

You are mistaken.If there is an exploit and Anet are not doing anything about it then the kill is counted as a legit.Teq is beaten fairly.For instance in WoW one raiding guild of the top 10 did a world 1st by exploiting the last boss and their 1st place was removed.

eldrin.6471

some folk call anything wining. its not if you cheat. and an exploit is a cheat.most know that.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You are mistaken.If there is an exploit and Anet are not doing anything about it then the kill is counted as a legit.Teq is beaten fairly.For instance in WoW one raiding guild of the top 10 did a world 1st by exploiting the last boss and their 1st place was removed.

That “legit” kill still benefits from the exploit. And since half the guardians were running this trait since the patch (even before the exploit was identified and recognized), you cannot honestly say that any Teq kill since 200% buff was done without exploiting. The only difference between kills is how widespread and how conscious was the use of the exploit.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Laki.7160

Laki.7160

Teq can be killed, but it takes too long to get set up and organized. Wasting 30-45 minutes before even getting to start the Teq battle isn’t fun; but waiting until 15 minutes before the battle starts to join the map pretty much guarantees failure.

It isn’t worthwhile anymore.

I’ve also stopped doing it for now. With my work schedule, I get one shot at Teq a day, and I can’t show up a full hour early. Add that to the fact that I enjoy playing a ranged build, and ranged builds can’t crit Teq’s weird cleave spot without a target, and that means I’m done doing Teq for now. Teq isn’t worth the time as it stands, and it was one of the shrinking list of events I enjoy in GW2 which get me to log in daily.

I wish they had done something more interesting than just doubling his health. Something that increases difficulty by changing the playstyle or adding mechanics. Doubling health does not increase difficulty — it increases the rate of failure without any interesting benefit. Diablo 3 suffered from the same problem.

Just a flesh wound.3589

If people are using a bug/exploit to get the kill, knowingly or unknowingly, then it’s not a “legit” kill regardless of whether or not ANet has yet acted to fix the bug.

ANet may give it to you.

eldrin.6471

As it stands there have been a grand total of zero kills of teq since its hp was doubled that can be guaranteed not to be attributed to the guardian symbol exploit.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Okay since others brought it up now.

YES this is what my only Teq kill used. I accidentally found out about it during TT because I was running a symbol build on my Guard with no clue that it was broken and a bunch of us nearly killed Crimson in one burn. I offered not to run it in fact because I don’t like exploits much.

So everyone screaming at me about what a crap player/human being/idiot I was because they were so l33t and could beat buffed Teq has likely been benefiting knowingly or unknowingly from this “press 1 and AFK” Guardian bug. Irony at it’s finest.

I don’t think people using it should be banned though – a sect of the whole hardcore experience (but not everyone, so don’t go there) is about using exploits and min/maxing to run through things faster, easier, and to nerf actual difficulty. This has been a field day for those players, all that fast free loot for pressing 1111. It’ll be patched out just like Teq and others will be tweaked.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

The bugabuse is not needed to defeat Tequatl, it is absolutly possible without.
#keepteqreal

eldrin.6471

Do you have any evidence to back up that bold statement. a guardian free map?

Aerlen.5326

So now that you know, do it with a Guardian free map.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

Ya know if you guys would put even 1/4 of the energy into fighting Teq that you do posting on the forums you’d probably beat him no problem….

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ya know if you guys would put even 1/4 of the energy into fighting Teq that you do posting on the forums you’d probably beat him no problem….

I use my special forum symbol bug. It makes me l33t on the forums.

As for Teq, I think I’ll wait till after they fix the guardian symbol bug and then see how the fight goes.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: GlitchyBat.3682

GlitchyBat.3682

Tequatl isn’t impossible without 80% of zerg being Symbolist Guardians. However, he becomes very impractical. No Guardian run would be a step for hardcore players though.

There’s an idea, actually. If there’s a demand for content to be artificially more difficult (yes, this is what Teq’s HP doubling has done) by hindering yourself, I would propose guilds dedicated to doing exactly that. Have them fill a map and run Tequatl early. A close guild could probably keep everyone in check and tell everyone to not use a certain class, certain strategies, or whatever else. There you can have an entirely player-driven way to add more challenge to the game and give achievers their highs without leaving these barriers for normal players. Since the hardcore demographic probably has a zillion alts at L80 and stuff, and usually pay far closer attention than the average Joe, this isn’t really a matter of Lil’ Guardian in his Tutu surrounded by Mountain Dew fueled naked elementalists, since this theoretical guild is full of people who want to play a certain way.

Also, the hardcorians will loophole their No Guardian run by having everyone be engineer and spam grenedes as fast as they can.

[OWLS] Priory Elder Dragon Research Team
[EDS] Elder Dragon Sympathizers

(edited by GlitchyBat.3682)

Posted by: Hague.5476

Hague.5476

Why are you here instead of winning all the things, bro?

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Also don’t blame the playerbase for exploiting something when it si obvious that Anet have to be blamed for allowing such thing in a 1st place.

I have seen people in-game claiming TxS is using the exploit themselves.

Between that and this:

If there is an exploit and Anet are not doing anything about it then the kill is counted as a legit.Teq is beaten fairly.

I wonder what happened to the whole “Get gud n00bs, we pr0 love a challenge!” speech. Under this exploit, killing Teq is easier than it was before its HP got doubled.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Everyone besides newbies should be familir with this content by now but thats not the case anymore..
every single kitten map is full of afkers who still haven’t learned that AFKing in GW2 gives NO rewards.. and yet they still do it every god kitten day..
people are still completely ignoraing Fingers and Hypnos mobs and focusing entirely on Champs that don’t even drop loot..

I can not strees enough how much I am sick and tired of explaining what to do only to have people just run around and do whatever they want then cry about how it always fails..

This HP upgrade was a very bad idea.. the Crit spot is utterly broken as well on EVERY!! boss that has one.. since it can only be hit by AoE and Melee.. so Range weapons are utterly useless on them massivly decreasing the possibly DPS that can be done.. and on top of that most bosses have AOE protecting that crit spot which makes Meleing them practically impossible.. or borderline suicide runs..

As far as Teq goes its more or less a guarantee that if you have 20ish people on the map that don’t know what they are doing or decide they will run around and just hit stuff or go AFK and let everyone else do the work its a guaranteed Failure..

Im not going to bother with Teq anymore personally since its far too much work for more often than not.. utter garbage rewards..
better off runing a dungeon path instead.. hell its faster and more rewarding and you don’t have to put up with people wasting your time and screwing your map over

Everything you have listed are PLAYER-side problems.

How is it my problem that people go AFK and hog the map space?
How is it my problem that Crit spots are broken and impossible to hit with Ranged weapons and almost suicidal to hit with Melee?
How is it my problem that some people don’t want to pull their weight and contribute like everyone else causing the map to fail more often than not?

Why should the majority of people at the event be punished for the inaction of such a small minority?

Sorry but while some are player-side problems like you said.. this upgrade to Teq is going to do a lot more harm than good.. and its going to turn a lot of people off the content.. that means far more map failures in the long run

I also think doubling the HP because of Conditions is foolish.. despite the new Condi cap there is still no guarantee that people are going to be running Condi specs..
100% HP increase is just too much for some bosses..

eldrin.6471

Once the exploit became common knowledge the get good ltp seemed to vanish.

Aerlen.5326

It is! This is so funny to me!

I never understood why exploits, bugs, and skipping were part of “hardcore” anyhow. The whole idea of a challenge is tackling something where all the odds are greatly against you and sometimes, even purposely hindering yourself to reduce your chances of winning.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Posted by: GlitchyBat.3682

GlitchyBat.3682

Tequatl’s loot is awful for the luck based maps and stuff, but this will have to do until Anet finds the sweet spot for his health pool and fixes the crit hitbox.

I’d suggest people to request Guardians to use the symbol build or whatever it is if you don’t want to slug through a flip-of-the-coin chance of a spoon or wasting 30~60 minutes for nothing.

That, or Tequatl really doesn’t like Doritos.

Attachments:

[OWLS] Priory Elder Dragon Research Team
[EDS] Elder Dragon Sympathizers

Aerlen.5326

Tequatl the Butter Dragon.. because he melts like it.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

i’ve been in one of each apparently, in one match he went down in the usual time, in another match, it took like 13.5 minutes to get to the battery phase, that one was lost.

teq was one of the last things i was having fun with, now i just log in for 1 min or less for the daily chest and starting to feel silly about that lol

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

The 2x HP on Teq could be ok if all attacks would have a chance of critting not just the ones that hit some obscure spot somewhere.

or, since the fight has changed, people could learn how to beat him now, and not last month? I’m sure a lot of people still show up in soldier’s….

Posted by: Benty.7140

Benty.7140

Update: Now 2/8 successful teqs. The last was in a pug group that wasn’t very organized but somehow finished with 5+ minutes left and I had no idea how. If there really is an exploit then maybe that explains it since we’ve failed on very organized maps.
Edit: Now 3/9, finished with 7+ minutes left on the latest run. People were explaining what build every guardian should have so yeah, doubt we won because we did anything right and more because of the exploit.

(edited by Benty.7140)

moiraine.2753

Also don’t blame the playerbase for exploiting something when it si obvious that Anet have to be blamed for allowing such thing in a 1st place.

Between that and this:

If there is an exploit and Anet are not doing anything about it then the kill is counted as a legit.Teq is beaten fairly.

I wonder what happened to the whole “Get gud n00bs, we pr0 love a challenge!” speech. Under this exploit, killing Teq is easier than it was before its HP got doubled.

Killing something with an exploit won’t make the pugs less being ’’n00bs’’.
It just makes Anet look bad 1st because they haven’t done anything about the exploit(fix it) and 2nd by allowing such bug to be applied in 1st place.Still the kill is counted as a legit,because Anet didn’t stated or done anything to prove it isn’t.

I already said once in WoW Blizzard took a world 1st kill from the top 10 guilds only because it was done with an exploit.

Posted by: Hague.5476

Hague.5476

You can do the guardian symbol thing with anything, the bigger the group the better. Watch as guardians batter down WvW gates without any siege equipment :P

Aerlen.5326

Did you know there’s a popular book on being an expert player that says anyone who plays fair and by the game’s rules and doesn’t use every glitch, exploit, and bug they can is a scrub?

I don’t agree with it but I see that mentality a lot in the “GIT GUD” crowd.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Just a flesh wound.3589

Between that and this:

Killing something with an exploit won’t make the pugs less being ’’n00bs’’.
It just makes Anet look bad 1st because they haven’t done anything about the exploit(fix it) and 2nd by allowing such bug to be applied in 1st place.Still the kill is counted as a legit,because Anet didn’t stated or done anything to prove it isn’t.

I already said once in WoW Blizzard took a world 1st kill from the top 10 guilds only because it was done with an exploit.

Killing something using an exploit may not make pugs less being noobs, but killing things using a bug or exploit severely undermines the argument that the kill was done because of skilled play. If the kill was accomplished because of a bug, then legit or not, it’s nothing to be proud of since it had nothing to do with skilled play.

Also the argument that ANet “allowed” the bug to be applied in the 1st place is nonsensical if you know even the smallest amount about computer programming.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Sango.6502

Sango.6502

My BBQ team of Epic Pugness beat him last night with plenty of time to spare.

Hehehehe +1

Here is today’s my pug map daily Teq kill.With bnurning bug or without it.People won’t stop doing Teq.

Tonight, we mysteriously got the bug too. Lol!!

Didn’t get the final screenshot but just a few seconds under 13 minutes remaining on the clock.

Attachments:

(edited by Sango.6502)

Aerlen.5326

We had him dead at 12:59. I was laughing so hard that I was crying. Holy crap…

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Posted by: TinyThibault.9216

TinyThibault.9216

Killing something using an exploit may not make pugs less being noobs, but killing things using a bug or exploit severely undermines the argument that the kill was done because of skilled play. If the kill was accomplished because of a bug, then legit or not, it’s nothing to be proud of since it had nothing to do with skilled play.

Also the argument that ANet “allowed” the bug to be applied in the 1st place is nonsensical if you know even the smallest amount about computer programming.

So we are able to get 9+ minute kills without using the exploit at all. Down from about 11+ minutes before the doubling of health.

With all guardians using symbols we got 14:11 today. Guardians are very broken right now… honestly cant wait for the fix.

And i agree you cannot argue that teq is still fine using an “exploit” or broken mechanic, however it its just as doable as before without using this. But once again people HAVE TO MELEE!!! people need to get there reflects going. If there are people on the map that absolutely refuse to get in melee tell them to just clean out fingers. The fingers are what actually kills a zerg, not Teq.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Sango.6502

We had him dead at 12:59. I was laughing so hard that I was crying. Holy crap…

Yep!! That’s our new time!

Just a flesh wound.3589

So we are able to get 9+ minute kills without using the exploit at all. Down from about 11+ minutes before the doubling of health.

With all guardians using symbols we got 14:11 today. Guardians are very broken right now… honestly cant wait for the fix.

And i agree you cannot argue that teq is still fine using an “exploit” or broken mechanic, however it its just as doable as before without using this. But once again people HAVE TO MELEE!!! people need to get there reflects going. If there are people on the map that absolutely refuse to get in melee tell them to just clean out fingers. The fingers are what actually kills a zerg, not Teq.

“So we are able to get 9+ minute kills without using the exploit at all

Not all all? None of the guardians in there were using that trait? That’s amazing. Congrats on your kill without being helped by that bug.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

New record is 14:11. Looking to make it 14:30 or 14:50 or something.

eldrin.6471

Not all all? None of the guardians in there were using that trait? That’s amazing. Congrats on your kill without being helped by that bug.

Just a point of intrest,how do you ensure no guardian’s are using the symbols exploit?

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

The 2x HP on Teq could be ok if all attacks would have a chance of critting not just the ones that hit some obscure spot somewhere.

or, since the fight has changed, people could learn how to beat him now, and not last month? I’m sure a lot of people still show up in soldier’s….

Really? The fight changed? The patch notes said it is possible to critically hit Teq now. The patch notes never mentioned that there is a single spot somewhere in the boss model that can be crit. If a boss can be hit with crits then everything targeted that says “Tequatl the sunless” should be possible to crit.

eldrin.6471

It just looks really silly, the crit spots not even on teq. everyone hacking at empty space.
is there no quality control in this game.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

There is QC, they just went on holidays after the successful launch in 2012 and forgot to come back.

Sango.6502

Definitely possible, since various groups have posted about 8-9 minutes + with no exploit.

When I did it with ATT, 8:31.