Tequatl Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

You spout basic Tequatl strategy that applied before Friday’s update as if a mass ignorance of these things is the problem. The problem is not an ignorance of Teq’s mechanics on the part of the tags organizing things on a given map (the fact that any one person remains impotent to control the behavior of scores of others has also remained consistent). The problem is that a boss that already had a fairly tight time limit for the median map had its health doubled with very poor testing of the compensation mechanic or how this bloat affects the mechanics of that fight in particular.

That’s just it, person.

This is the exact same “basic” strategy that my map has used for the past three days and each time has resulted in a dead and roasted Tequatl.

I’m convinced that for many people there is simply a lack of awareness of these basic strategies. Knowing is only half the battle; executing with that knowledge is the other half. If you have the knowledge but don’t use it, it’s as good as not having it at all.

Again.

It’s not hard. Like any team effort, if one unit flags then it brings the entire group down. I’m glad that it’s not faceroll easy anymore, but I’m also glad that bringing the right know-how to the fight still makes it well within doable. On Saturday night’kitten, we even went from burn 2 straight to charge phase 3 and cleared him seconds after burn 3.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Tequatl is an absolute joke now. Tried 8 times total since the buff, only once we managed to get him under 50%.

Give it time lol.Do you think after the 1st revamp of Tequatl was any different?From Octomber 2013 to July 2014 Pugs were not able to kill Tequatl even once.Took them more than a year to learn how to kill it.The important factor here is that they learned.Hard core groups were able to kill it almost from the start.

People will be able to adjust in a month.They need time to be tought how to do it right.The boss is a bit harder than before and people have to learn from the beginning how to do it.Pugs are pugs and they would not be able to kill it right away.The hard core guilds will start killing it this week.Pugs will need a little more time to relearn how to do the fight properly.Where to stay.What to do and avoid.What gear,traits,utilities,food,consumables to bring.

Even in other MMOs the top 100 guilds will clear the new raids the same week they are released.The rest of the casual guilds will need more time.Why Tequatl has to be different?After all GW2 playerbase is the same as in the rest of the MMOs.Casuals need more time to learn the fights but in the end they actually are able to do them.Nothing new here

The problem I’m seeing is that people refuse to adapt. Maybe Anet will fix it, or maybe this is intended; if you want to kill teq you need to crit. 3/4 of the zerg is still standing off to his right foot.. You have to attack in between his legs/his chest (without targeting if you’re ranged). I am getting crits on my staff ele this way. Turrets need to prioritize cleansing this spot.

The mistakes I have seen thus far have been “rookie” mistakes. Out of three attempts since the change, had batteries fail twice and on another map nobody returned to the southern turrets and we got a bone wall.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: Hysteria.1453

Hysteria.1453

I managed beat Teq once and it was by a close margin, like 15 seconds on the clock. However, I think the doubled HP would have been okay if they extended a time to at least 20 mins or doubled the rewards. Or if ever, they could have at least increased it by 50% instead of doubling it.

Honestly though, I preferred the Teq prior to all the enhancements. Like, when it was still unbuffed condis and stuff. It was doable, it didn’t require too much mechanics – it was just fine the way it was.

I don’t know, it’s just my opinion really.

moiraine.2753

Soja.5918@
nailed it.Tequatl is the same boss with the same mechanics only the tacktick changed.It can’t be done like before.People have to adapt.

Is it September 2013 again? Everyone seems to think Tequatl is too hard again and needs a nerf. I beg to differ.

Here’s how to beat Tequatl.

First of all, you need manpower. If the map is empty then the fight is going to be unwinnable, full stop. Once you have a good pool of people, organize 30m-1hr before the fight begins.

Defense is a must. Those turrets are key to victory; if one of the batteries falls, then you will lose precious seconds and Tequatl’s scales will pile up.

The turrets are also responsible for cleansing the vanguard and buffing their offensive power with the elixir bombs.

The typical defense points for the turrets are:

North Turrets: Boat wreckage north of it, hills east of the megalaser, and a group close to the turrets to repair damages and kill claws as fast as possible.

South Turrets: Boat wreckage south of battery, hills north of battery, and a group to kill claws as fast as possible. Between the two, I FIND THIS TO BE THE HARDER OF THE DEFENSES. The spawns are more relentless it seems.

The Zerg:

You cannot mindlessly pile on the nearest spot on Tequatl anymore. Introduced in the last patch is a weak point in which you can critically hit Tequatl. This means that PVT gear is now mostly for survivability where as Berserker and Assassin’s is in for doing the big domages during burn phases. In this latest experience, this one gets kind of hectic because now you actually have to get in under Tequatl to hit the critical point. This is also a nexus of where claws can drop poison clouds, so perhaps a new team needs to be assigned to run around the field and shatter claws so they pose less of a hazard to the Zerg.

Defense Phase:

At each quarter of Tequatl’s health bar, you will hit a defense phase called the Charge Phase. There are three batteries you need to defend during a charge phase, plus the Megalaser.

The East Battery spawns Claws and lots of krait hypnoss, usually veteran or elites, and is pretty straightforward: kill claws, kill risen.

The North Battery is lousy with Risen Grubs; their holes will appear and will need to be stomped ASAP or otherwise you will get overwhelmed with their AoE attacks. Woe betide you if a champ spawns; it must die immediately.

The West Battery will have a large number of risen plague bearers and abominations attacking the battery. Use hard CC and knockback to control the abominations until they explode; when they do, they will leave behind a toxic cloud you want to avoid. Deal with other risen as you normally would.

The Megalaser will come under a constant assault of risen, including champions. The biggest threat by far will be the two Champion Hypnoss that spawn near the north boats during the charge phase. Rangers are typically employed to deal with them using Entangle to immobilize it. Entangle no longer has the duration it once did, so two or more Rangers will have to work in tandem. Once the Hypnoss is called out, a moderately sized group of 10 or so heroes should be able to deal with it in summary fashion. Killing the Hypnoss is imperative; the size of the minion group they can summon is overwhelming and will almost certainly destroy the Megalaser.

The Burn:

At :25-20 seconds until Megalaser is fully charged. everyone should head back to the beach and prepare to level all of their might against that weak point mentioned earlier. The only thing required here is to make sure everyone is on the same page before the fight begins. The standard rules apply: res downed allies, dead allies teleport to the nearest Waypoint and swim back. With sufficient manpower, and following these loose guidelines, Tequatl is easy to down.

You do not need all ascended gear, you do not need consumables, you do not need to use any special buffoonery (although if it makes it easier, there’s no reason not to take it). I hope this guide helps someone out there. Good luck, Tyrians.

I think you pretty much said it!

Now if they would make the loot a bit better than the frequent disappointing spoon drops we seem to get, it might encourage folk to pay attention and work more together.

Posted by: captainktainer.2964

captainktainer.2964

I managed beat Teq once and it was by a close margin, like 15 seconds on the clock. However, I think the doubled HP would have been okay if they extended a time to at least 20 mins or doubled the rewards. Or if ever, they could have at least increased it by 50% instead of doubling it.

Honestly though, I preferred the Teq prior to all the enhancements. Like, when it was still unbuffed condis and stuff. It was doable, it didn’t require too much mechanics – it was just fine the way it was.

I don’t know, it’s just my opinion really.

This is increasingly what I’m thinking. Before the conditions patch, you needed some organization – full defense groups, no more than a certain percentage of people refusing to waypoint (now that’s a game design failure worth discussing at another time…), turrets that knew how to get rid of stacks and cleanse themselves and the zerg, that sort of thing. It was actually pretty satisfying to be able to get on the map fifteen, thirty minutes early, get defense groups set up, verify the turret operators aren’t idiots, and then beat an encounter with a reward that was no means appropriate for the labor involved but at least didn’t leave you feeling like if you worked hard, you’d wasted your time. It was something people could do to be a little social, work together a bit, and get things done without having to be part of a big guild. After the conditions buff, Tequatl got too easy.

Now it seems entirely overtuned to have the same pre-patch experience. It’s looking increasingly like it’s going to be a serious gamble to defeat the encounter without being part of a large guild or having significant guild presence on the field. If that’s what ArenaNet wants, it would be nice to tell people, because from the way they communicated, that certainly didn’t seem to be what they were going for. It seemed like they were just trying to get things back to where they were before the conditions change. If it’s intended to be harder than it was pre-conditions patch, then they really should just say it. If they intended that the crit spot on bosses not be accessible to ranged/be hard to find/be completely nonfunctional on some bosses, then they really should say that. As it is, it looks like they either don’t care or want to move in a more hardcore “raiding” direction than the game we’ve gotten to know, but don’t want to tell us for some reason. I doubt that either is true… but that’s how it looks, and how it feels for many people.

moiraine.2753

Here is video that Tequatl is not impossible after the patch as people say….
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3qMNX28174

Here is a naked run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fzjxAusNJk

Kill from 28th with comentaries:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuPOc31g4TI&feature=youtu.be

Posted by: Hague.5476

Hague.5476

Here is a naked run:

No one said it was impossible. There’s literally dozens of posts of people saying they successfully completed it. What most people are saying is that what was typically a relatively easygoing experience suddenly turned into a huge banal chore filled with raging and flaming. “Get with a group. Join a guild. Get organized.”

What is it about “Casual Gaming Experience” that you don’t get? I don’t want to schedule my life around guild events. What was a casual experience is no longer casual. The casual players who WERE enjoying this content ARE NO LONGER. This is not acceptable. Your arguments do not change that content that was open and relatively organized is being gated toward large, non-casual, organized groups. Sorry. I don’t have time or inclination to join your guild. I don’t want to join your teamspeak. I want to watch a fight and learn how it works by observation and simple instruction. Like pretty much 80% of the game population wants. I want to be rewarded for my time without some ridiculous margin of error that wastes my time. As Tequatl is now, it’s a stupid gamble that I won’t participate in. Might as well blow all my money salvaging blues from the marketplace. It’s far more rewarding, far less rage-inducing and about as fun as waiting 30 mins to prepare for a fight I might not get rewarded for.

moiraine.2753

Hague.5476@
There is nothing wrong with adapting to a change.
If you think casuals like you will be able to kill Tequatl right from the start then you are wrong.You will be able to kill.It will take a little time to relearn how to do the fight properly.It is not impossible.The boss is changed a bit so what?You will wipe on it for a month so what?After that you will be able to kill it again.Nothing new here.

When in 2013 Tequatl was revamped casuals couldn’t kill it.From mid 2014 to now casuals learned how to kill it.The same will happen now.For a while casualls will not be able to kill him until they are tought how to do it.In a month or two you will have it on farm again.

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

I really don´t know what problem so many people have.
It does not take much. Really.

Did the resetrun a few hours ago on a complete pug map.
First time in a long time that i did not recognize even one name.
There were at least 15 people afk (laying dead after a few seconds in to event for the whole remainder of the event, not even asking for a rezz once).
One full wipe. One Bonewall. Lots of QQ.
I was actually expecting a fail, because the first 8 1/2 minutes looked aweful.
Then people actually started doing what the guys with the funny symbols over their characters preached the whole time: Get on the DD spot and melee.
Spam reflects and/or kill fingers.
The defense phases were also not that smooth. Nearly failed twice.
Lots of people that left the map in hope to find a better one.
Still managed to finish it off with about a minute to spare.
All this with tons of people without any clue, kittenty turret operators/defense.
Teamplay was near zero.
The cheers afterwards of those that did not give up were even more rewarding.

Oh, and YES i do consider myself one of those filthy casuals/pugs while on such a map^^

If unorganized* pugs can do it… everyone can.

*means about 70% of the people still tried either range or upscaled the defense, most managed even both. Excluding the afkers. Only around three people knew what to do and wrote their fingers bleedy to save the day.

As for another example, we did an unplanned joined open run with another guild yesterday.
We in the melee zerg, with around 20 people (weekends are aweful) and the other guild with (really have to guess) maybe 5 or 6 of them operating the turrets.
Most pugs (the good kind for the most part) were either busy doing the defense, or were also standing on melee spot. Some tried to range or were playing with fingers.
If i´m not mistaken we had 9 minutes or so left. Correct me someone who was also there.
On that note, thanks again to the few guys from [Wums] for helping out.

It is really not that hard… tried a bit of teamwork yet?

Posted by: Sango.6502

Sango.6502

Zerk ele dies with the first poison field in that spot, just saying from experience.

I didn’t die in that spot and I inadvertently had zerk ele armor on too.

moiraine.2753

Zerk ele dies with the first poison field in that spot, just saying from experience.

I didn’t die in that spot and I inadvertently and I had zerk ele armor.

Some players are better than others

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

All im saying is a 200% increase in teq hp is not in the best interests of the majority of players and the forums seem to reflect that opinion.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

What is it about “Casual Gaming Experience” that you don’t get?

What is about the other 22 bosses that you don’t get?

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Spiuk.8421

So i see post after post of people saying Tequatl is fine because they can beat it and i wish theyd realize that “i can beat it, herego Teq is fine and everyone can do it” is fallacious leap of logic

Conversely, “I can’t beat it, ergo Teq is not fine” is another fallacious leap of logic.

So is “everyone should be able to do it”.

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

My guild [EG] Ethereal Guardians spawned tequatl, fought and killed it for the first time post patch with 9:02 on the timer on saturday. The biggest thing we noticed was not being able to push all the way through burn phases before he started attacking again because the HP increase was THAT massive. I will say though that we all thoroughly enjoyed the fight. There was about 90-100 of us and we were extremely proud of the increased focus, work and challenge it took for us to get a normally smooth run. After doing tequatl we spawned the buffed triple trouble wurm with approximately 125 people coordinating in teamspeak. Phase 1 was tight, if you miss a burn phase at amber it can be close. Phase 2 of the wurm head we did a triple decap and finished with 50 seconds left. Needles to say we were proud of what we’ve been doing since the bosses come out.

As the leader of a large PVX guild that has been downing these things with consistency and regularity, I can say that there was a very long time where tequatl was the domain ONLY of special interest communities (like TTS, ATT), strong PVE server communities (like blackgate) or organized PVX guilds like mine. More casual and unorganized groups were crying for it to be nerfed but eventually they learned to work together and improve their play to the point where random maps could organize and kill it with some regularity. Even now this was happening with triple trouble wurm (ex: EVOS guild running LFG TT kills) and organizing pugs. They have had many failures with pugs but slowly people learn. That’s just how it is with many casual GW2 gamers.

Hard content should remain challenging in order to encourage people to work together and be proud of something. If everything in the game is faceroll, GW2 would be abandoning its most dedicated playerbase. I would encourage your server communities and guilds to see this as a rallying call to challenge yourselves and prepare for more large raid content that hopefully will be coming down the pipe with Heart of Thorns. I for one am excited

Anyone has any pride in doing teq or wurm? what is this early 2014??

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The problem is Teq was made to be harder content, we got better at it, till it was basically a farm that had very little chance of failing and so people expect that’s the norm.

But in reality, it was always supposed to contain some amount of challenge.

eldrin.6471

after 3 years doing it over and over we don’t need this 200% hp challenge.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Don’t worry there are enough complaints that Anet will scale it back soon enough.

Spiuk.8421

They should scale the damage down then, the whole "horizontal progression" thing makes little sense when you end up having a massive amount of power creep anyway.

eldrin.6471

the player base learned how to do teq on a regular basis nine out of ten times then they double its hp. now it fails most times.

Hague.5476

What is it about “Casual Gaming Experience” that you don’t get?

What is about the other 22 bosses that you don’t get?

Funny, that count was 23 bosses. So I’m supposed to accept less and be happy about it? Get real.

Posted by: DaYngOne.4753

DaYngOne.4753

Here’s my take on the argument. Teq pre patch still required atleast some teamwork n and s hills decent turrets and dead wp. Now it takes so much precision that it has stopped being fun and if nothing else that will discourage players because gindiness + getting yelled at for 20 mins is fun! also those that say you do not need to learn a new mechanic to beat him are dumb.U MUST ZERG STACK ON HIS CRIT SPOT. this admittedly is not a new mechanic for many dungeon runners but it is very boring. As a community World boss that was accessible to Puggers pre patch his health need to be nerfd somewhat because nothing is more wrong than to give someone something they are familiar with and love and then twist it hideously. Pre patch you could have fun run around and range teq and roam. now its stack and slam till you get knocked off the crit spot die wp repeat till eyes bleed. From a fun community boss to this grindy drivel still only giving out 10s bone spoons to spite you.

Hague.5476

Hague.5476@
When in 2013 Tequatl was revamped casuals couldn’t kill it.From mid 2014 to now casuals learned how to kill it.The same will happen now.For a while casualls will not be able to kill him until they are tought how to do it.In a month or two you will have it on farm again.

Tired of this BS misinformation. After the Tequatl Rising release the boss was far too difficult for nearly all players. They applied the atomic nerf to it. So all this talk of adapting strategy is complete misdirection when you neglect to mention how much the complaints of casual players made the whole thing easier. All that adaptation was built on the foundation of “qq’ing” about relevant player interests and enjoyment. Mentioning one without the other is either ignorant or deceptive.

eldrin.6471

Its simple, if a net prefer to keep the 10% of so called hard core players happy at the expense of the 90% guild wars 2 dies and anet go out of business.

moiraine.2753

the player base learned how to do teq on a regular basis nine out of ten times then they double its hp. now it fails most times.

Don’t worry you will addpat.And learn hopw to do it properly.Do you think after its 1st revamp in 2013 playerbase was actually able to kill it?Now is the same as then.
1st week casuals won’t be able to kill it.
2nd week will be the same as 1st one.
3rd week won’t be any different.
Maybe in the end of the month the player base will finally learn how to do it.Is it harder than before?Yes it is.The casuals have to learn different tacktick now.

The point is that people were saying pretty much the exact same thing when Tequatl first launched. It was too hard, it was impossible…

Then people started figuring it out, and it became kitten near farm status. Now it’s changed, and we’re seeing the same complaining.

Get better. Learn what to do.

Or you can whine about it endlessly on the forums, I guess.

Posted by: Glouryian.3765

Glouryian.3765

I have news for those esentially complaining about not having a group to do the content with, this is a MMO, socializing is and should be an important part of the experience.

Get. A. Guild.

Thanks, I am member of a few guilds and quite happy with it. And no, I dont feel like joining a 200+ We Do All Worldbosses Yolo Swag Imba Guild just in order to get some content done, which supposed to be manageable without it before.

(edited by Glouryian.3765)

Thareen.5471

Mimimi, content only 99,5% 11111.
They must nerf it and make it 100% or me and all my friends who are 90% of all players will stop throwing $ @ screen. Frack the other 10% of hardcore-leet-mofos.

Too direct? (@Mods: If so, please don´t delete the whole thing, just do your modifying magic. Thank you!)

At least that´s what i read when i scroll through some posts.
Get a grip. You have almost the whole game for yourself.
Nothing challenging at all.
Let at least those two events for the players that don´t want to faceroll everything.
And yes i include fractals, arah, temples and especially the other 22 worldbosses into that faceroll corner.
That´s pretty much the same discussion every single time they change something with either TT or Teq.

A good moneyprinting machine (ie company) takes in account all the variables.
In this case it´s the playerbase.
Get rid of the hardcore players and no one will take a game serious anymore.
They also throw a lot of precious $ at the screen.
You know, skins more slots and stuff. Not to forget, more skins.
Since not everyone of these is a no-lifer, they have to compensate their lower online time with the gemstore, since they just don´t have the time to farm all they want all day long.

For all the qq´ing people… i would suggest you install an mmo with real dynamic raids and try to master one of these for a comparison.
[edit] Hint: One that has an actual creature with actual mechanics and stuff, instead of an animated building.[/edit]

The majority of the high level content in GW2 is a joke compared to most other mmo´s. The so called raids in particular.
Just give it some time until the majority of pug commanders and some of the pugs will figure out or just copy from those that already know what to do and we are back on the everything is farmable train again.
Also let the devs fix the hitboxes first before you uninstall… nevermind, better just uninstall.

Funfact:
You do know that Tequatl itself is actually harmless?
It´s the fingers that kitten you. Just learn how to use reflects and press space when the ground moves in your direction (waves).

(edited by Thareen.5471)

Thareen.5471

If you are on an EU server i could suggest a few guilds with only around 20-100 players (all active) that still manage to do this. Also not all of them are elitist.
Sadly i don´t know any similar ones on NA servers.

Posted by: White SeeD.1230

White SeeD.1230

2 day, 8 Teq, 7 Fail…
Yesterday was the first time when i cant make it from 4 try, since megaserver.
(Yes map full, no leechers, arrived 15 min befor start, 4 commander, we know what to do)
Every time heavy rage on map chat, “everybody is noob,kittenleechers, waste of time etc…” I turned it off…
People give up half time, they leave map, or they dont WP and back.

Never see this much hatred and rage on map chat.

Yes it is too hard now for an open world content, make it back or buff it only 30-50%. And wurm too.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I know you guys are having a discussion over content difficulty, but let’s not forget that this is a bug not a feature.

The “double damage spot,” which is the only spot you can crit right now, isn’t even supposed to exist. It allows you to hit both Teq and Shatterer while they are in the air, this is unintentional.

When they released the patch, they buffed the HP by 100% both to numb the condition effect that was trivializing these events and to FINALLY allow these bosses to receive crit damage. They intended to make that change to the feet, head and all. The result should have been times closer to what we saw before last week hit. Allowing bosses to be crit is an important change which will make the fight more skilled, but not necessarily slower. People will have to wear less tanky armors and focus more on survival to run good crit builds to burn down that 100% increase in HP.

Still don’t believe this is bugged? Well let’s analyze this!

The key is that only ONE spot per boss is crittable. Here’s a list of irregularities it has:

1. It cannot be targeted
  2. It allows you to hit bosses when they are not present
  3. There is no visual indicator to draw players there
  4. It is not affected by event effects such as the damage buff against Teq after she’kitten with the laser

What we’re dealing with here has to do with game development. All of these world bosses are structures not very different from the graveling burrows in AC or an engineer turret (which was only recently changed to take crit damage). As a structure, the center of their animation marks their main damage point. Think of it as a main node. For dragons, which are elevated at the center, three extra large nodes were added. Two for the feet and one for the head. These three nodes are meant to be the only places these bosses take damage and they get removed when the dragon is airborne.

You’ll note that the nodes are static in the Tequatl fight. When her feet move, the damage spots do not move. When she crash lands, the damage spots appear in the same place as before in the middle of her animation, starting misaligned from her position until she stumbles into place. So the extra nodes get removed/readded, but the main node stays in place, making it an “early damage spot.” When the lasers are fired, the extra nodes are either flagged or substituted so those areas take extra damage while Tequatl is stunned. The main node, which isn’t really meant to be attacked by players, does not receive the damage buff.

Now when they made these bosses crittable in the last update, they went and updated the code/flags for each one and the main nodes began to take crit damage just like their single-node structure engi turret brethren. However, the extra nodes (main attack points, AKA heads and feet) did not take. My guess is these nodes are separate entities and their changes were accidentally omitted from the patch to the live server.

TL;DR – It’s definitely a bug.

If you want hard content, don’t lose hope for HoT. However, don’t expect any major difficulty changes to current world bosses just yet.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: RKyrk.4761

RKyrk.4761

Just double the reward, problem solved.
It is one of the hardest bosses in the game, not sure why ppl complain.

*edited for accuracy.

1 close 1 animal 1 far rest mid

(edited by RKyrk.4761)

Posted by: Valgar.9576

Valgar.9576

Lol all this complaining from everyone is basically the main issue i have with the Guild Wars community.
The slightest challenge and everyone throws their toys out of the cot.
What happened to enjoying challenges in games?
I managed to be a part of a group that killed Teq with 6min to spare so if you do things right then you’ll be fine.
All it does is actually force people to work together (Oh no Anet how could you?)
I find similar issues when I dungeon with people.
Every boss people just tank and spank (stack in one place and spam all abilities).
No tactics are used and it really becomes boring (no skill required)
People are just really lazy and the thought of having to use a brain when fighting just seems ludicrous to them.
Come on people, live a little
P.S I assume people have become really lazy because Guild Wars 2 does make you grind like a kitten to get what you want.

eldrin.6471

Effort v reward how much time is 1g and a spoon worth? if you fail 2 out of 3 that’s nearly 4 hours if you show up an hour early like I do.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

moiraine.2753

Effort v reward how much time is 1g and a spoon worth? if you fail 2 out of 3 that’s nearly 4 hours.

You are wrong on all your points.Don’t work with fabricated things….
The fight is 15 minutes longs so x4 per day that’s an hour.Also the reward is 2 gold.1g from Dragon Chest and 1g from Exotic chest.For 15 minutes i make as much gold as from TA:AE.And they both take the same amount of time.(I talk about pure end gold reward,nothing else)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Effort v reward how much time is 1g and a spoon worth? if you fail 2 out of 3 that’s nearly 4 hours.

Exactly this! How much gold is your time worth to you seeing as you need to rely on the person next to you being able to do as much damage as you are doing; or at least know what their abilities are. Not to mention the guys on the map close enough that are scaling it up but not actually fighting, those waiting dead to be rezzed, the rather bad guy on the mortar, the list goes on.

I’m still all for an instanced encounter myself, I may never do it again, but at least people won’t complain about it (as much).

Hague.5476

It is the hardest boss in the game, not sure why ppl complain.

This is not accurate.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

More casual and unorganized groups were crying for it to be nerfed but eventually they learned to work together and improve their play to the point where random maps could organize and kill it with some regularity.

You do remember, that just learning the spiel was not enough, and it took at least 2 nerfs before Teq started to be killed with any regularity by groups other than those special communities and big guilds?

Hard content should remain challenging in order to encourage people to work together and be proud of something.

Perhaps, but it shouldn’t be at the level where it excludes huge majority of players.

If everything in the game is faceroll, GW2 would be abandoning its most dedicated playerbase.

Double strawman. First, Teq was not a faceroll (barring maybe the moment with the uncapped buffs bug, that was bad, i agree). Second, being a dedicated player is in no way equivalent to being a hardcore. I bet that there are more dedicated semicasuals than dedicated hardcores (an easy bet, as those hardcores are a tiny minority).

I would encourage your server communities and guilds to see this as a rallying call to challenge yourselves and prepare for more large raid content that hopefully will be coming down the pipe with Heart of Thorns.

While i see this as a rallying call to kill that raid content idea before it happens, since i can already see that if it follows the same pattern, it not only won’t bring anything good, but also will have a lot of undesirable consequences.

They just need to find the mid-ground between faceroll and hardcore, that’s all.

That mid-ground was the Teq before – it wasn’t a faceroll, no mater what some people try to claim.

Then people started figuring it out

and Teq got nerfed. More than once.

Give it time lol.Do you think after the 1st revamp of Tequatl was any different?From Octomber 2013 to July 2014 Pugs were not able to kill Tequatl even once.Took them more than a year to learn how to kill it.The important factor here is that they learned.

And again… another important point is that Teq got nerfed. It didn’t take a year for people to learn the strategy. It took a year for the nerfs to arrive. Only after they did pugs started winning more reliably.

I see no point in waiting a year for a repeat of that.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

moiraine.2753

If we only had DPS meter we would not have this problem,lot of players dont know they have bad build and will never improve.

If we had DPS meter players at the bottom would know they were doing somthink wrong and most of them would fix there build.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If we only had DPS meter we would not have this problem,lot of players dont know they have bad build and will never improve.

If we had DPS meter players at the bottom would know they were doing somthink wrong and most of them would fix there build.

Yeah, precisely, “go zerk or gtfo” mentality.
Kill it with fire.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Diadem.5917

Diadem.5917

3 days without a spoon now.
How do you expect me to eat my soups.
Fix teq pls.

eldrin.6471

Is there something in the water at anet? Makes no sense to kitten of players/customers with an expansion on the horizon.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

It would be actually doable if they buff rewards, 20 min fight for 10 blues 5 greens and 3 yellows and exotic spoon? No thx. I would rather do other world bosses or dungeons instead with real profit.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

It would be actually doable if they buff rewards, 20 min fight for 10 blues 5 greens and 3 yellows and exotic spoon? No thx. I would rather do other world bosses or dungeons instead with real profit.

That and/or make spoons a currency, maybe towards teq. hoard?

E: Though they could just make a “World Boss Currency” to buy boss exclusive drops. Then have the currency drop scaled to difficulty.

(edited by BrooksP.4318)

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

The point is that people were saying pretty much the exact same thing when Tequatl first launched. It was too hard, it was impossible…

Then people started figuring it out, and it became kitten near farm status. Now it’s changed, and we’re seeing the same complaining.

Thats entirely different..

when Teq was first updated there were new mechanics in play among other things so there was a learning curve..
It took a little time for people to get used to the new Teq battle in order for it to be beaten regularly

Now however all Teq has had is a Hp upgrade.. nothing else

there are no new mechanics or tactics to beating him so there is nothing new to learn
Everyone just has to play their part and frankly that is just a lot to expect from random players..

Everyone besides newbies should be familir with this content by now but thats not the case anymore..
every single kitten map is full of afkers who still haven’t learned that AFKing in GW2 gives NO rewards.. and yet they still do it every god kitten day..
people are still completely ignoraing Fingers and Hypnos mobs and focusing entirely on Champs that don’t even drop loot..

I can not strees enough how much I am sick and tired of explaining what to do only to have people just run around and do whatever they want then cry about how it always fails..

This HP upgrade was a very bad idea.. the Crit spot is utterly broken as well on EVERY!! boss that has one.. since it can only be hit by AoE and Melee.. so Range weapons are utterly useless on them massivly decreasing the possibly DPS that can be done.. and on top of that most bosses have AOE protecting that crit spot which makes Meleing them practically impossible.. or borderline suicide runs..

As far as Teq goes its more or less a guarantee that if you have 20ish people on the map that don’t know what they are doing or decide they will run around and just hit stuff or go AFK and let everyone else do the work its a guaranteed Failure..

Im not going to bother with Teq anymore personally since its far too much work for more often than not.. utter garbage rewards..
better off runing a dungeon path instead.. hell its faster and more rewarding and you don’t have to put up with people wasting your time and screwing your map over

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

We just beat Tequatl with 11 mins to spare.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Here is a naked run:

What is it about “Casual Gaming Experience” that you don’t get? I

Tequatl was never meant to be casual.

Posted by: Mafusail.9305

Mafusail.9305

The only problem why people cant kill it is because ANet screwed up last patch and recently nerfes just merged with each other.
1)New dowsnscaling system (that is completely broken) make any DS’ed char be in green items equivalent. Personally i lvled my chars with rare weapons, so now it’ll be basically better then lvl 80 in asc gear. No matter what. With crit chance downscaling so badly crit builds wont work also, so… Yeah, you got the point.
2)Doubling Teq HP (which wasnt a bad idea actually, but only if p.3 would work correctly)
3)Critting a bosses is completely freaking broken. There mustn’t ba a crit spot, its obviously a critical bug, patch notes said “this bosses can be crit”. Nothing about crit spots.
That’s all. That’s why fail. Make p1 and p3 work and it will be HARDER and KILLABLE for semi-afking maps (which are most or mirrors, ppl always afk, sometimes they have ignorance to do it even inside guns).
P.S. Was just with 5 commanders and full mirror – didnt kill it.

(edited by Mafusail.9305)

eldrin.6471

We just beat Tequatl with 11 mins to spare.

Hows about a taxi for me and several thousand other players who just cant find a great map like that after showing up an hour early.

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

its stuff like this that makes you concerned about the expansion. If Anets idea of challenging content is massive health pool….

moiraine.2753

Thats entirely different..

when Teq was first updated there were new mechanics in play among other things so there was a learning curve..
It took a little time for people to get used to the new Teq battle in order for it to be beaten regularly

Now however all Teq has had is a Hp upgrade.. nothing else

there are no new mechanics or tactics to beating him so there is nothing new to learn
Everyone just has to play their part and frankly that is just a lot to expect from random players..

Everyone besides newbies should be familir with this content by now but thats not the case anymore..
every single kitten map is full of afkers who still haven’t learned that AFKing in GW2 gives NO rewards.. and yet they still do it every god kitten day..
people are still completely ignoraing Fingers and Hypnos mobs and focusing entirely on Champs that don’t even drop loot..

I can not strees enough how much I am sick and tired of explaining what to do only to have people just run around and do whatever they want then cry about how it always fails..

This HP upgrade was a very bad idea.. the Crit spot is utterly broken as well on EVERY!! boss that has one.. since it can only be hit by AoE and Melee.. so Range weapons are utterly useless on them massivly decreasing the possibly DPS that can be done.. and on top of that most bosses have AOE protecting that crit spot which makes Meleing them practically impossible.. or borderline suicide runs..

As far as Teq goes its more or less a guarantee that if you have 20ish people on the map that don’t know what they are doing or decide they will run around and just hit stuff or go AFK and let everyone else do the work its a guaranteed Failure..

Im not going to bother with Teq anymore personally since its far too much work for more often than not.. utter garbage rewards..
better off runing a dungeon path instead.. hell its faster and more rewarding and you don’t have to put up with people wasting your time and screwing your map over

So much truth