The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

re: Aside from the reward (get ap from daily) what are you no longer able to do because of the change to dailies? – Get the AP. And I’ve only missed the 12/26 daily because of Fractals. But the AP really don’t concern me as much as this trend of Anet limiting player options and restricting our choices. The less options I have the less happy I am with the game. If you look at my post history, you’ll see that I’ve always been for players having more choices, and against players having less choices. And especially against having choices taken away. People resent having things taken away from them. And once again let me say that I don’t think that Anet forcing people to do things that they don’t want to do will accomplish anything constructive. Why do they have to be so restrictive and limiting? Why can’t we at least have more of the new choices? Or have the choices be less restrictive? Why a specific World Boss instead of just any World Boss. Why pull so many people into one specific map(overcrowding it) instead of a general region? It seems like the latest in a trend of ill-conceived decisions by Anet, and I’m concerned that they’re making more and more of the player base dissatisfied.

So in other words, it’s about the rewards, not the choices, since you’ve just admitted there’s nothing you can’t do now that you could before except for get the rewards, namely ap. However, you also stated earlier they you would not be satisfied even if the ap were moved to the login and something else were used as incentive to play other game modes.

Basically you aren’t happy unless a.net supports the way you want to play and ONLY the way you want to play. Thanks for clearing that up.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

@hamfast:

… Seriously?

How in the world did the old dailies “give you an idea of what to do?”

They were much more general. If I see “Veteran Slayer” and “Orrian Slayer”, I can arrange a trip to Orr where I know there are lots of vets. And lo! It’s a more profitable area for Daily Gatherer too! Three for the price of one! If I was feeling lazy, I could restrict “Shiverpeaks Killer” to some quick stuff in Wayfarer Foothills, or if I wanted more excitement I could go to Frostgorge Sound.

The point is that I had far more leeway on where I wanted to go and what I wanted to do. Restrictive Dailies don’t give me much room for that. It feels more like an assignment than a game. And as a by-product it forces huge crowds into events that cause horrible lag for me.

You have been very vocal on the “I like the new Dailies” side, but I think you’re going to have to get ready for a change. 32 pages, 22 thousand views, and 1554 responses in only ten days does not indicate “all is well” with this update. The Mods have noticed it and are taking our thoughts into account. So whether you understand or agree with my point or not, I don’t care. I am still going do my best to put in my two cents with the Devs in the hopes that they’ll come up with a good compromise.

For my part, the Daily Achievements kept me coming back to play every night whether you understand my reasoning or not. Now with limited achievements and free rewards I don’t find myself playing nearly as often. I’m pretty sure that is not what they were trying to encourage.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Subdue.5479

I’d be very surprised if they make any changes any time soon. And looking at those numbers is rather deceptive considering a good amount of those posts are from people like me who like the new system

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: Basically you aren’t happy unless a.net supports the way you want to play and ONLY the way you want to play. Thanks for clearing that up. – Twist my words and deliberately misinterpret me however you want. I can’t stop you. I think that I’ve made my position clear. You are just going to be unhappy with anything I say, so long as I disagree with you. I’m for players having more freedom and more choices. And I’m against having choices limited or taken away. Why can’t you see that?

And where have I said at any point that it’s the rewards, not the choices that matter to me? I said I would give up a 10 gold reward for being pushed into doing things that I dislike. Everything I’ve said has been about choices – more choices instead of less. How could you possibly misinterpret that? Unless it was deliberate.

(edited by Elden Arnaas.4870)

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

You are straining the old straw man already – pardon the pun – by implying that people are already threatening to leave over this issue

Except some people are. The post I was replying to by Vlad in this very thread on this very day was filled with threats of leaving and people leaving.

You may want to re-evaluate what you think a strawman is, or, to be honest, you may want to read this entire thread. People are saying they’re going to quit or they’ll stop playing or they’ve lost any desire to play at all.

I do not think I have to re-read the whole thread to see the flaw in your argument. I have to look no further than to the example you gave: Vlad. He did not just ragequit and tell Anet off for not giving him everything he wanted. He tried to communicate what the problem was that made him leave and that the new Dailies are just one problem among many. And if you read his postings as thoroughly as I did you could even know that this is not the first time he voiced his opinion. He did everything that can reasonably be expected from any dissatisfied customer as far as I can tell. So, you are indeed arguing against straw men if you dismiss his opinion just because he has now had enough. He did not just complain about the final straw that broke the camel’s back, he is not the customer that complains about one piece of merchandise and immediately leaves in a huff never to return. As I understood him he tried to make things better and failed. That is not what you say you want to argue against.

You say that you are not against people voicing their opinion, but on the other way you obviously are against people complaining about this issue. What makes the new Daily so valuable to you that you would rather have it stay this way than have a few more and/or more non-specific options?

I’m not against people complaining about this issue. I’m against the way people complain, and some specific things they complain about.
Threats to quit are not constructive.

No, but saying you quit and trying to explain why can very well be, especially when the leaving customer is very likely not the only one with the same complaint. And in this case we know that there are customers with the same complaint that are staying for now. But given your earlier shopkeeper metaphor you are fine with leaving customers as long as the majority stays. I tried to explain why this mindset is a recipe for ruin, but apparently I failed.

Raging about non-issues are not constructive.

If somebody is able to reasonably explain his grief and/or others can understand that grief without necessarily entering rage-mode themselves it can hardly be a non-issue. As a matter of fact, dismissing another’s cause of grief as a non-issue is one of the least constructive things you can do.

Simply getting mad at Arenanet and insulting them is not constructive. Throwing a tantrum is not constructive.

Correct. That said, a certain amount of getting mad and tantrums is to be expected whenever gamers or other people who feel strongly about a part of their life feel threatened in that part of their life. The fact that people get mad is neither an argument for nor against them. It’s just them behaving like people (the more hot-tempered kind).

Coming up with solutions is constructive. Working with Arenanet, rather than demanding they immediately fix things, is constructive.

I see people trying to come up with solutions in this thread or the other. However, if you are trying to say that you have to come up with a suggestion for a solution in order to be constructive, you are wrong. It is completely sufficient if you can explain your dissatisfaction in a manner that somebody who knows more about a topic can understand and (if he chooses so) act on.
If, for example, you ate in a restaurant and were served a dish that was mostly good but had something you did not like all that much, you can still give your feedback even if you do not know the first thing about cooking or spices. If you describe your problem well enough, maybe the cook can tell you that everything will be fine if you just order the same item, say, without cumin the next time.
The same goes for any criticism. You do not have to come up with a complete solution or even be able to do it better yourself. You should just make an effort to describe your problem, so that the recipient knows what you did not like.

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

And for all of you saying “If you don’t like it, just quit playing.” That is absolutely what we don’t want to happen. Losing players will be bad for everyone, because if we lose enough players the game will no longer be sustainable.
So what you’re saying when you tell players “If you don’t like it, just quit playing.”, is actually “I want this game to fail.”

I have seen this happen before. In the end all of the “Elite” players drive out the casuals, but there are not enough of them to float the boat, and the boat slowly sinks.

Subdue.5479

re: Basically you aren’t happy unless a.net supports the way you want to play and ONLY the way you want to play. Thanks for clearing that up. – Twist my words and deliberately misinterpret me however you want. I can’t stop you. I think that I’ve made my position clear. You are just going to be unhappy with anything I say, so long as I disagree with you. I’m for players having more freedom and more choices. And I’m against having choices limited or taken away. Why can’t you see that?

And where have I said at any point that it’s the rewards, not the choices that matter to me? I said I would give up a 10 gold reward for being pushed into doing things that I dislike. Everything I’ve said has been about choices – more choices instead of less. How could you possibly misinterpret that? Unless it was deliberate.

Let’s review:

1. You said the only thing you couldn’t do now was get ap from dailies.

2. You said you would not be satisfied even if the ap were moved to logins and some other reward were used for dailies.

The quote for #2 is still in this thread in case you or anyone else would like to reread what you said. If you want to change your stance now though. I don’t mind.

But as in #1 you agreed the only thing that’s different is the reward, not what you can actually do, it’s pretty obvious that it’s the rewards that are important to you.

(edited by Subdue.5479)

Bellizare.5816

Back in the day I could run the Queensdale champ train for one go round and get all my dailies out of the way.

Got good xp, karma, loot and traits at the same time.

I feel kind of sorry for those of you just trying to level into this game.

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

New dailies are terrible.

1. Most days, there is no way to solo all 3 of them in PvE because only 2 criteria can be satisfied without doing fractals, WvW or some other group activity.

2. World Events (Maw, Jormag, Jungle Wurm, etc.) are basically over before they begin- so many people are clustered there that the only challenge is tagging the boss, and the event is 100% devoid of any fun content.

3. Zone-specific events are also over before you can get there, and trolls and other anti-social pre-pubescent children trash people who ask “any events?” in map chat. The new system encourages people to keep events to themselves.

4. Event fights, because they are now specifically designated bosses OR restricted to specific zones, concentrate so many players in one spot at one time that frame rates drop to 5 fps, GW2 servers bog down horribly, and nothing can be seen on-screen except an incoherent hodge-podge of herky-jerky flashing colors. And before any trolls reading this reply “buy a decent comp” my machine is an Intel Quad-Core with 8GB of system RAM and a GTX 970 with 4GB of VRAM. It is not my machine struggling, it is Anet’s servers. They simply are not up to the loads that the new Dailies system imposes.

5. The Boss/Zone specificity of 2 of the PvE requirements excludes lower-level players in many cases. How can any level below 75 or so be expected to kill Jormag or even get to Frostgorge? How can a level 5 be expected to chop wood in most parts of Kessex?

EDIT to add #6: Due to the high number of people concentrated to do one event, sometimes the event itself bugs out because the target(s) die too quickly. Last night the “event zone” was Gendarren. In the far NE corner there is an Arena. The first event I did there was to kill groups of mobs coming out of cages. We killed them so quickly they never moved from their spawn points- they insta-died in place. Then, a boss-type mob showed up and challenged us to fight him. We took him from full health to zero in literally one second, at which point he fully healed, became invulnerable and just stood there in the middle of the arena while literally hundreds of us attacked him for 2-3 minutes without moving his health or anything else happening. I finally logged off, no dailies done.

Suggestions to fix this insanity and incentive to play other games instead of GW2:

1. Instead of specific bosses (Maw, Jormag) change back to more general requirements- i.e. “Kill 3 champs” or “Complete any world event” or whatever.

2. Same for “Do 4 events in XX Zone.” Change back to the ability to do nn events in any Zone within a specified REGION.

3. ALWAYS make sure that the “random Dailies requirement generator” allocates requirements such that the meta “Daily Completionist” can be satisfied by solo players in PvE. If the Meta requires 3 criteria completed, make sure that there are at least that many that can be soloed without doing dungeons, fractals, PvP, WvW, etc.

Providing a reward for just logging in is great, but most of us did the dailies for other reasons, i.e they were actually fun. Now, they are so onerous, unpleasant (due to event-location-hoarding trolls in map chat and struggling servers) that they are completely devoid of any fun content.

Please give us back soloable PvE dailies that don’t crash your servers. Thank you.

(edited by Lolyta.4582)

Subdue.5479

The new dailies are likely structured in such a way to encourage people to visit different content.

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

I do not think I have to re-read the whole thread to see the flaw in your argument. I have to look no further than to the example you gave: Vlad. He did not just ragequit and tell Anet off for not giving him everything he wanted.

I have to look no further than this sentence to see the flaw in your response to me. I didn’t say he did.

Please try to base your arguments on things I’ve said.

No, but saying you quit and trying to explain why can very well be, especially when the leaving customer is very likely not the only one with the same complaint.

It depends. Explaining that it’s because of a relatively minor segment of the game as a whole will not be very constructive, because that makes your reason for quitting look petty. I mean, you really should go back and read what Vlad said. He didn’t mention any other reasons for quitting except the daily changes. The only things he really says are “I don’t like the changes, I don’t have to play, I’m updating WoW, people are going to quit en masse”.

That is not constructive. Period.

If somebody is able to reasonably explain his grief and/or others can understand that grief without necessarily entering rage-mode themselves it can hardly be a non-issue. As a matter of fact, dismissing another’s cause of grief as a non-issue is one of the least constructive things you can do.

An example of that is someone who was raging that their “choices of how to gain a laurel were removed”. They chose to ignore the fact that since they gain the laurel regardless, that then gave them ultimate freedom in choosing how to spend their time, because it removed the one restriction earlier: that you had to actively play the game. That is what I mean by a non-issue.

It seems to me that you are defending people you have not seen anything from, and assuming that I am the problem without even knowing anything about the actual examples I am bringing up. That’s actually rather insulting.

If, for example, you ate in a restaurant and were served a dish that was mostly good but had something you did not like all that much, you can still give your feedback even if you do not know the first thing about cooking or spices. If you describe your problem well enough, maybe the cook can tell you that everything will be fine if you just order the same item, say, without cumin the next time.

And if you acted towards the chef the same way many people are acting towards Anet, all you’d get next time is spit in your food. Or worse.

Lolyta.4582

Back in the day I could run the Queensdale champ train for one go round and get all my dailies out of the way.

Got good xp, karma, loot and traits at the same time.

I feel kind of sorry for those of you just trying to level into this game.

I totally agree. What about the poor new-ish character who just hit level 10 and is astonished to learn that the only way to complete the dailies is to do a fractal and/or kill Jormag? The poor guy (or girl) couldn’t take 3 steps in Frostgorge without insta-dying, even assuming he/she could somehow even GET to Frostgorge.

All in all, the new dailies system is a strong incentive to give up doing dailies in GW2.

Elden Arnaas.4870

Dailies have different choices based on max level of characters on your account. So low level characters won’t be forced to go to high level areas. But they will send high level zergs into starter areas. And if you have a level 80 on your account, but would rather level a low level alt, it doesn’t allow for that, either.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Likewise, Filaha, you are a person, voicing their opinion just like Vlad… No need to be rude, or attempt to invalidate what he’s saying just because he doesn’t represent all the players – no one does, surely you don’t either.

Actually, if you go ahead and read what I said that he responded to, was me saying that people like fractals. I never said that everybody liked them, nor did I say that Vlad does or should like them. He responded, irrelevantly, with his statement that he doesn’t like them and I shouldn’t speak for him, but then, I never did speak for him, nor attempt to. I spoke for the people that do like fractals. He’s not one of them. He is irrelevant to the people that like fractals.

I’ll await your apology for telling the wrong person that they’re incorrectly trying to invalidate someone’s point based on their own personal opinion.

In the first sentence said people like fractals…? ALL the people? And when Vlad responded to your post, you had “People like fractals. People like vistas. People like …” Not speaking for all?
Only now are you covering your kitten saying “people that like x” making a subset of people, like you should have in the first place before starting all the commotion.

That’s interesting…
I’m no mathematician or a sales-person… but I think if they did do that, the number of players they retain will start to decrease slowly but steadily. With a decrease of players, there will be a decrease in gem sales.

If you ran a store and one person came in and complained about the merchandise and said they were never coming back again because the merchandise wasn’t what they wanted, would you try to make them happy so they come back by changing your merchandise, or would you look at the hundred regulars that are constantly coming into your store and buying your merchandise and instead try to keep them happy?

It’s only logic.

A store doesn’t “update” as much… They’re not exactly chipping away at the regulars either… Do you think that the people that have posted here might not have been “regulars” at some point too?
I’m taking a wild guess here as well when i say the way that grocery stores keep their customers might be different than how online games do…

Anyways all this is irrelevant.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Lolyta.4582

Oh, and for the record there are only two options today that are PvE the rest are bullkitten.

/Nod

I have noticed several posts talking about “4 PvE options.” I have logged in every day since the Dailies changed, and most days there have been only 3 PvE criteria, of which only 2 could be soloed.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey all. I’ve put together one report on this subject for the devs, and I intend to write up another one after the holiday break.

I’ve changed the subject line to be a bit more neutral and hope that everyone will contribute thoughts on the subject of the new dailies!

Ok, but can we start another thread on the topic “I don’t like the new dailies,” because we are not neutral on the topic.

No one is asking you to be neutral. We’re asking everyone to contribute feedback in this thread, be it positive, negative, or neutral. As long as it’s offered in a constructive tone, it’s welcome — as proved by the light moderator involvement and the length of this thread. Any new threads would be unnecessary and redundant when this thread houses such a wide variety of feedback.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

They’re definitely structured to encourage people to visit different content. I’ve spent more time in PvP in the last week than I have in the last two years and have hated every second of it. From not wanting to be there to putting up with pouty PvPers who decide to go AFK because they aren’t winning, from being horrible at it (yet trying as best as I can as a preferred PvEer) to being trash talked (and seeing others trash talked) and told to go back to PvE where no one gives a kitten.

Not surprisingly, I knew I would witness all of these things (the worst of human behavior in my opinion) from my past experience in PvP in other games and a large part of why I don’t PvP and why strictly PvEers stay away from them.

I hate PvP. I like the OPs suggestion. I agree with the first option more than the second, universal choices would be harder than ‘vistas’ too.

Saddly (given what happened with Traits) this is not going to change so I’ll suffer because I want the radiance armor set. There is only so much someone is willing to suffer though, and the Anet trends lately have been piling it up.

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Hey all. I’ve put together one report on this subject for the devs, and I intend to write up another one after the holiday break.

I’ve changed the subject line to be a bit more neutral and hope that everyone will contribute thoughts on the subject of the new dailies!

Ok, but can we start another thread on the topic “I don’t like the new dailies,” because we are not neutral on the topic.

No one is asking you to be neutral. We’re asking everyone to contribute feedback in this thread, be it positive, negative, or neutral. As long as it’s offered in a constructive tone, it’s welcome — as proved by the light moderator involvement and the length of this thread. Any new threads would be unnecessary and redundant when this thread houses such a wide variety of feedback.

It’s amazing that this needed to be said, but thanks for saying it.

Elden Arnaas.4870

Dailies are chosen based on the max level character on your account. So someone with a level 45 as their highest level character would not have a daily in a high level area like Cursed Shore. If you have a level 80, but would like to level a lower level alt, you’re out of luck.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Suggestion:

• Three PvE dailies, but make events at most racial-theme-specific. Keep most, if not all old dailies on the random roster to generate 3 required PvE dailies per day.

Benefit:

• Players can exercise their game geography muscle and participate in a game of match designed by themselves. They will not feel being told to perform a menial task, but the task becomes a challenge that they can elect to solve on their own knowledge.
  • When zone restriction is racial-zone based, it focus player population, but not to an extreme.

Here is some straight up feedback, no bs.

The Good:
1. The new dailies are great, rewards for each one completed, don’t have to do 10 different ones to get 10 AP.
2. Login rewards are great. You get 35 laurels (55 if you pick it in last chest). You get 10 free levels for any character per month (6 more in the last chest, so you can get 16 total).

The Bad: (While the login rewards are decent, they lack 2 things)
1. Luck. You only get 2000 in a month. That is absolute crap, I get almost 10 times that amount salvaging stuff throughout the day. Please increase it to a more reasonable amount.
2. Mystic coins, you only get 20 in a month, and since monthlies are getting pulled. You will be losing out on 30 mystic coins (1 for each day, and 20 for completing the monthly, so you would have gotten 50, now its only 20). The amount of these need to be increased as well. Maybe try this instead. Day 1 – 2 Mystic Coins, Day 8 – 4 Mystic Coins, Day 15 – 8 Mystic Coins, Day 22 – 16 Mystic Coins. Then add on 20 Mystic coins for the 28th day as an automatic reward just like the 2% increase to gold find. This way we will still get our 50 mystic coins we used to.

I really admire your style. Thank you both for feedback and constructive suggestions.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: bearcat.1650

bearcat.1650

To keep it simple.
I like the fact that you just need to do 3 dailies to get about 10 AP.
I don’t like the fact that these dailies are sometimes forcing me to go to places I don’t like or do things I don’t like that evening.

My take would be to get the old ones back (the ones from the beginning) or just combine them with a specific theme. As an example: Do 4 Events in Diessa Plateau, Ascalon Forager and Ascalon Veteran Killer. That way you could do all of them in one map and still have fun without being forced to stray too much from your own path in the game.
And a bit more PVE dailies would be nice. It’s not everyones cup of tea to play against other players and the other way around. So a bit more options would be nice.

(edited by bearcat.1650)

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

my playing time can be really limited at times and I find the new system takes much more of the time I don’t have available to get the dailies completed. Before it was as easy as playing around in the Silverwastes or running around getting stuff done in Orr but now I have to go to areas I have already been to multiple times and don’t really want to go back to.

Please go back to the old dailies system and stop trying to micromanage how I get my pve in

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

I was excited about the new daily achievements at first, but after a week I feel like the ones for PvE are just as repetitive and recycled as the old dailies. How many times is Daily Frozen Maw going to be cycled? It would be nice to see all of the world bosses appear on the cycle including Triple Trouble which never seems to have enough participants. Last time Bloodtide Coast Events was a daily, it was avoided like the plague.

Why so heavy on Fractals? There was 2 for fractals yesterday. Other dungeons would be nice.

Vista viewer is a little too easy, along with lumberer, miner, and forager. Gatherer was better, even if you bring it back as a location specific, it would take more than 4 nodes to complete.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

To be honest, the dailys were fine just as they were.

Keep the login rewards if you like, but let us have more variety in each different area of daily.

For me, the only real issue is the negative impact that this has on the gameplay of new players when starter zones are filled with level 80s easy-moding their dailys.

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

I guess I’m the only one, I really like the new dailies.

Before the patch I would have to spend 40 minutes to an hour if I wanted to complete all of the dailies. Now I can do them in 15 minutes or less (specially the WvW and PvP ones, those are fairly easy). Plus, it’s not just that, we also get some cool rewards by completing them.

I only have an issue with very specific dailies, but since I only need to do three dailies to complete the meta, it’s not really a problem for me. For me, this new system is an improvement.

(edited by Davey.7029)

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Dailies aren’t based per account, everyone gets the same ones every day. It’s why on ‘win with guardian’ day in PvP you’ll see 6/10 people in the hot join PvP matches playing guardian.

I’ve tested this, my brother gets the same dailies as I do… every… single… day. If it were based on ‘max level’ character on my account he should be getting different ones and I shouldn’t be getting so many starter zone ones for PvE. What is based on level, is how many you have to work with. 1-10 (sorry you have to play PvE, PvP, and WvW to get your daily). 11-something you get to pick 2 from one and 1 from the others. Something-something you get the option of completing daily from one catagory. Something-80 you get to pick 3 from any of them, with the option of not doing 1.

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Conceptually, the system seems okay. The main problem I see (other than the preference issues that different players have) is that the event achievements in starter zones really seem to have an adverse impact on lower level players. There are hordes of players descending on any event in the zone (at least during the first few hours after reset) and the higher level players are pretty much blowing things away before the lower level players can even get shots off.

I was in Metrica tonight with one of my level 80s and I honestly did feel bad for some of the lower levels running around. Even if I just stuck with auto shoot to try and give others a chance, things came down in just a second or two. The kicker is that the level 80s cannot just go to a different zone; they are pigeon-holed into the one specific zone.

The simplest solution seems to me to extend the zone specific (Metrica Province) to the larger racial area (Magumma) and allow some “spreading out.”

In terms of preference (which different players will view differently, I am sure), I ended up skipping the achievements yesterday when two of the four PVE were fractals. My own preference would be not to have this kind of selection set…but, this is just my preference.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

The problem in this thread is that players have been trained over the last couple of years to have to do dailies. Now the dailies have moved to a much more rational system, where you get AP only for doing specific tasks (this is what AP should be be for), which are entirely optional (as, again, all achievements should be).

We just need to re-train the players not to feel they need to do dailies. Since they don’t. Unless they think it’s worth it.

Bellizare.5816

So the starter zones are being over run by high level players. Kind of why they did away with champ trains if they are to be believed.

Honestly, I am indifferent about the new dailies, but I am certain that this thread is a waste of time. Just go over to the traits thread. Nine months of nothing. This is the way the dailies are now. Just adapt to it.

Bellizare.5816

The problem in this thread is that players have been trained over the last couple of years to have to do dailies. Now the dailies have moved to a much more rational system, where you get AP only for doing specific tasks (this is what AP should be be for), which are entirely optional (as, again, all achievements should be).

We just need to re-train the players not to feel they need to do dailies. Since they don’t. Unless they think it’s worth it.

Some will “retrain” and some will lose interest.

I have no idea what the low level experience is, but to say that it is difficult to do most of new dailies, if you have at least one well appointed 80, is absurd.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

My feedback on yesterday’s PvE daily — having half the daily requirements for reward based in Fractals is not cool, esp. if you don’t Fractal. I thought this was supposed to be about variety.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

Please try to base your arguments on things I’ve said.

This is a bit hard to do since, if I take everything away you seem to be implying and reduce it to what you explicitly said, there is not all that much left that is even remotely relevant to this topic. You seem to be fine with the new Dailies since the change does not affect you all that much. Noted, but of little use to those of us who are affected.

The rest is just about you not liking how some others argue, even if you have to ignore some things they said in order to make your point…

No, but saying you quit and trying to explain why can very well be, especially when the leaving customer is very likely not the only one with the same complaint.

It depends. Explaining that it’s because of a relatively minor segment of the game as a whole will not be very constructive, because that makes your reason for quitting look petty. I mean, you really should go back and read what Vlad said. He didn’t mention any other reasons for quitting except the daily changes. The only things he really says are “I don’t like the changes, I don’t have to play, I’m updating WoW, people are going to quit en masse”.

That is not constructive. Period.

Maybe I am giving people too much benefit of the doubt if I read that they complain about things other than the new Dailies (as Vlad did if you read his previous postings) and think that they might have complained about these issues before in other threads. Maybe. But I rather give them that benfit of the doubt than accuse them of being petty when I clearly can’t read everything they have written in every recent thread without appearing at least a little bit weird in the process.

An example of that is someone who was raging that their “choices of how to gain a laurel were removed”. They chose to ignore the fact that since they gain the laurel regardless, that then gave them ultimate freedom in choosing how to spend their time, because it removed the one restriction earlier: that you had to actively play the game. That is what I mean by a non-issue.

That is indeed a very strange complaint and can quite quickly be explained as a non-issue. Why you thought that anybody would get that reference when that complaint was never mentioned during our exchange rather than mix it up with the point we did discuss is beyond me.

It seems to me that you are defending people you have not seen anything from, and assuming that I am the problem without even knowing anything about the actual examples I am bringing up. That’s actually rather insulting.

I seem to know at least as much as you about the example you did bring up. Please forgive me for not getting your cryptic references to those other examples that seem to be so clear to you that you are even insulted by any resulting confusion. Maybe if you refrained from packing everything into barely applicable metaphors, began to state more directly what you are talking about rather than what not things would be easier to sort for everybody involved? That way your complaint would certainly read much less as an unconstructive rant and distract less from the topic actually discussed in this thread. Now I see that you were just complaining about a minority with little to no impact to this thread, which is perfectly fine. A non-issue, really. Enough time wasted.

Bellizare.5816

My feedback on yesterday’s PvE daily — having half the daily requirements for reward based in Fractals is not cool, esp. if you don’t Fractal. I thought this was supposed to be about variety.

2 out of 10 does not = a half.

I agree though that 2 in fractals is not as various as it should be.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Probably someone post these arguments but still i am scrub and tl;dr.

As player who have XX number of characters doing these Dailes are not problem for me and i like rewards from them, they allows me to level even more characters because why not, but still some of PvE dailes (i am not talking about PvP and WvW because i am scrub and i don’t like them he he) are bit long to do.
I think Anet should redesign at least some of PvE dailes because they are taking to long and i am talking about dailes like Fractals or “Do events here and here”. Of course argument for defending this dailes are “But they keep zones wich are dead with content etc” yea i understand that.

Lets think now like Jimmy. Jimmy is new player who finaly, from days of hard work got 20 level on his first and only character. Jimmy sees something like Daily. In daily he see “Do events here and here” “Mine here and here” “Win as this class” “Secure keep” etc. Ofcaurse Jimmy want do these things, but Jimmy can’t… Why you ask?

1. He didn’t unlock WvW or PvP (i don’t know level of unlocking these)

2. If he have level for PvP he don’t have LvL for WvW, why? BECAUSE WVW PEOPLE DON’T LIKE LOW LEVELS ON THEIR ZONE. (sorry for that rage)

3. He can’t do SOME of PvE Dailes because some of them are in zones that he cannot access or at least do something there (ex. Frostgore or like today 26.12.14 Two Fractal dailes)

And yea, Arena Net did these changes for new players…. yea…
Soo my point here is that: These dailes should be redesign, for exemple from “Do events in these area” to “Do events in Ascalon” “Do events in Maguma” etc. change RNG of dailes to not have 2 fractals dailes in one day and allow new players to do some dailes in PvP or WvW despite that they didn’t unlock them.

New players without an 80 get different dailies.

/argument

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Someone above me already pointed this out, but it’s worth bringing it up again: this is a classic example of Arena Net refusing to give us something without also taking something away. More options for PvP/WvW that don’t interfere with their usual choice of play? More power too you! I’m all for it! Applause and confetti everywhere!

But why, why does adding that in mean that PvE players had to have their options gutted?

And those of you who argue that the system is trying to “move players into content they may not normally play/haven’t tried before.” I find this to be incredibly condescending and incredibly insulting (both from the players saying this and from the devs who may or may not be thinking this way).

This. One more example of Anet taking away choice and trying to force players to play what Anet wants them to play. As I said in another thread: I will only do dailies if I like them, this won’t force me to do things I don’t like. If I feel that I’m not earning Achievement Points at a reasonable rate, maybe I’ll just quit the game. No, not only because of achievement points, but because this is yet another nail in the “play the way you want” coffin.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Vayne.8563

Someone above me already pointed this out, but it’s worth bringing it up again: this is a classic example of Arena Net refusing to give us something without also taking something away. More options for PvP/WvW that don’t interfere with their usual choice of play? More power too you! I’m all for it! Applause and confetti everywhere!

But why, why does adding that in mean that PvE players had to have their options gutted?

And those of you who argue that the system is trying to “move players into content they may not normally play/haven’t tried before.” I find this to be incredibly condescending and incredibly insulting (both from the players saying this and from the devs who may or may not be thinking this way).

This. One more example of Anet taking away choice and trying to force players to play what Anet wants them to play. As I said in another thread: I will only do dailies if I like them, this won’t force me to do things I don’t like. If I feel that I’m not earning Achievement Points at a reasonable rate, maybe I’ll just quit the game. No, not only because of achievement points, but because this is yet another nail in the “play the way you want” coffin.

If those 10 points a day are going to make or break you, you were leaving the game anyway. If they’re that important to you, they’re easy to get. If they’re not that important to you, it doesn’t matter.

Before you had to do dailies to get the bulk of the reward, now you get a better reward for not doing anything, thus freeing you up to do anything you want to do. The dailies are now there for those who really want them.

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: Before you had to do dailies to get the bulk of the reward, now you get a better reward for not doing anything, thus freeing you up to do anything you want to do. The dailies are now there for those who really want them. – That’s an interesting way of looking at it. And probably how Anet sees it. But it seems they failed to realize that there might be a different point of view. To me (and some others) this seems to be one more instance in a long trend of Anet reducing player freedom and choices.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

From someone who returned to the game recently I have to say there are some good things about the new dailies.

I really like the fact that you get a chest for each one completed so if one day i just want to get the chest of knowledge i can just do that instead of doing all the dailies.
Also It makes me feel amazing that i get an exotic chest!! lol for reals.
I love the login rewards idea, since before i felt really pressured to login and play for a bit to get the dailies whereas now if I’m busy one day i can just sign in and exit right away. It helps alot!
I also really enjoy the dailies that have a certain number of events needed to be completed since It livens up alot of the maps, and it can be a nice change of pace when leveling new chars.
Not sure if any changes came to wvw and pvp dailies but since I’ve been spending most of my time on EB it seems like dailies are more natural and Its really nice to not have to care so much about daily while crushing (or being crushed heh heh) in wvw.

However, there are some bad things as well…
Firstly that last point I made comes with its own problems. Sometimes the events are needed in areas that I don’t have on a new character, meaning I have to switch, which isnt so painful but it can be annoying if it happens alot. Also the events can be hard to get when there are zergs storming low level maps.
There was also one day where they had two fractal dailies (pretty sure because I left pve due to that to get daily in wvw) which should be avoided imo because for someone like me who is just focussed on leveling atm fractals really isnt something I want to do. Not saying making one fractal daily is bad because fractals are tons of fun and more people doing it can be beneficial. Just suggesting to make sure the dailies can be done by more levels/ playstyles
The specificity of many of the dailies is a pain because often times you are limited to one map, and its usually out of the way. Also this makes these dailies take longer sometimes depending on where they are located and how many people are on a map.
And even though wvw dailies feel natural, it seems unfair that pve isnt natural. I think dailies being slightly harder is better and I like the way the rewards are structured but I think less specificity and more catering to what people are doing anyways with only a few dailies out of the way would be better.

But overall I like many of the changes since I’m not bothered by dailies that much anyways. Even though there are bad things with it still good job Anet! Hopefully feedback helps make it better!

Djinn.9245

Before you had to do dailies to get the bulk of the reward, now you get a better reward for not doing anything

Really? Where?

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Elden Arnaas.4870

Most of the old daily rewards were shifted to login rewards. The only “old” reward left on dailies is AP.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Most of the old daily rewards were shifted to login rewards. The only “old” reward left on dailies is AP.

Shh, no, no, we can’t talk about that here. It’s forbidden to try to speak about such things lest it start another debate over “value”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Djinn.9245

“Most”? I don’t even use Laurels…

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

New system is okay. Really hate having to run around finding four events. Not all zones are created equally, so what might be a 10 minute stroll one day becomes a 45 minute marathon the next. Sucks. Hate wasting time waiting for events to pop. Find it super irritating. Cut it down to 1 or 2, or spread out the daily to cover more zones than just 1. Also, I’d strongly suggest taking pains to make sure the system never includes 2 fractal dailies in the same day, like a day or two ago (as of this post). One daily was, I believe, run a 1-10 scale fractal, and the other was just simply running a fractal. Which, I guess, for all the fractal people, that’s pretty great. For me, and many others, that don’t do fractals, it shoehorns us into the 3 remaining PvE dailies. And if this includes a boss that is on an hour and a half timer before it spawns again, well… geegee. Thank goodness for the wvw/pvp dailies, I guess, but it’s still sorta weak sauce that people are being, at times, FORCED into doing things that they may not otherwise want to do.

Rewards are great, though. Like the monthly login tracking. A few tweaks here and there and it could be a solid system that doesn’t make me roll my eyes when I have to go chase four events in Iron Marches.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

I like the new daily system but Anet needs to REALLY take a look at what qualifies as completing the daily boss credit. Twice now i’ve taken a level 25 ele to a boss and switched to healing since a lot were dying and I didn’t get credit for the daily achievement.

Both times i received a rare chest and loot from the ground spawn chest so I know it recognized my participation but if the game is leaning more towards co-op play it needs to be adjusted to grant rewards for cooperating with other players.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Vayne.8563

Before you had to do dailies to get the bulk of the reward, now you get a better reward for not doing anything

Really? Where?

You have to be joking. If you add up the stuff in the rankup chest, you get more than you were getting before, just for logging in, in the same 28 day period…with the exception of achievement points.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Login_rewards

I don’t know about you, but I don’t remember ever getting tomes of knowledge just for logging in. On day 14 you get a piece of exotic equipment. When have you ever gotten that just for logging in?

Or how about on the 28th day when you get a permanent account side 2% increase to gold find?

And this is if you don’t even do the dailies.

The daily rewards are on top of the log in rewards.

Vayne.8563

Dailies aren’t based per account, everyone gets the same ones every day. It’s why on ‘win with guardian’ day in PvP you’ll see 6/10 people in the hot join PvP matches playing guardian.

I’ve tested this, my brother gets the same dailies as I do… every… single… day. If it were based on ‘max level’ character on my account he should be getting different ones and I shouldn’t be getting so many starter zone ones for PvE. What is based on level, is how many you have to work with. 1-10 (sorry you have to play PvE, PvP, and WvW to get your daily). 11-something you get to pick 2 from one and 1 from the others. Something-something you get the option of completing daily from one catagory. Something-80 you get to pick 3 from any of them, with the option of not doing 1.

Unless you don’t have an 80th level character on your account. Then you get different dailies.

Obviously they don’t expect new players to do fractals when they only have 20th level characters. Those players do get different dailies. I know this because my wife has a new account and I’ve posted pics of her dailies in different threads.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

The new dailies would be easier to ignore if they wouldn’t be to glaringly visible. Let me hide them if I don’t want to do them instead of them only disappearing once I’ve done at least three.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Everything I’ve said has been about choices – more choices instead of less.

The odd thing is that the old system had fewer choices, or less freedom, than the new.

Previously if you wanted laurels and AP you had to do the dailies.

Now if you want laurels and AP you can log in and do almost anything you like (in the sense that most content in the game will provide AP).

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

If they removed the specific objectives from the Daily and instead reverted to just “Daily Events”, “Daily Kills” etc. would we be complaining then? How would that devaluate the argument being made about the Dailies as they are now?

Now, there are aspects of the new dailies I like. Particularly the PvE requirements to go to different zones.

What I don’t like is the lack of choice in various game modes. How does it possibly hurt anything to give us six options in each category instead of four?

It’s probably something silly like dialog box space; they built it for four items only.

Doing that would eliminate my objections.

World it though? Are you asking for more choices or more -easy- choices? If there we two additional choices each day but they were to the effect of “complete arah p4” and "complete skipping stones in under 15 minutes, would you be okay with that?

I agree with Subdue.5479@.There is a huge difference between more choices and more -easy- choices.
The current system gives a bit more freedom than the older one.By spliting the daily achievement and the rewards give you the freedom to do what you want.I agree that we need more different choices what i’m against is easy achievable choice.There is a difference between visiting the laureal vendor and going to a specific vista.The 1st choice is much more easier than the 2nd one.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Vayne.8563

The new dailies would be easier to ignore if they wouldn’t be to glaringly visible. Let me hide them if I don’t want to do them instead of them only disappearing once I’ve done at least three.

This. You should be able to turn them off.