Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tinantier.5964

Tinantier.5964

I am heading away after xmas for 6 months – with these changes, it is quite apparent that when I return, I will be way behind and having to try to get groups to grind out the ascended stuff – assuming of course another tier hasn’t been added by then too – can’t say I entirely trust this not to the case now. This has pretty much killed the game for me if this stays.

This entire patch has been utter fail as far as I am concerned.

Yasma – Mesmer – Divine Legend – Desolation

Posted by: Rejam.3946

Rejam.3946

10,000 posts (not including those that were removed) on a single topic concerning the game (whether for or against) and we’ve had 2 posts from the devs.
1 which started the whole issue, and 1 over 3 days ago which clarified nothing.
Now the patch has been implemented, we have seen the issues first-hand and still nothing.

How much longer can they dig their heads in the sand and wish this would go away?

Granted, they do have their hands full with patch full of blocking bugs that is intended to entice new players.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

This Ascended gear treadmill follows from the gems to gold revenue stream.

I was in the vast minority when I posted my displeasure over the gems for gold announcement on Guru.

Other players tried to downplay the pay to win aspect by pointing out that the top tier level 80 gear was so easy to get it would never matter.

Other players said we were foolish and worried for no reason when we said they would find ways to get people to buy gold by making the game grindy for those who didn’t.

Other players said botters and gold farmers wouldn’t be an issue because of gems for gold.

Other players said a lot of not so nice things about us over this issue.

Now I have one thing to say to all of them:

We told you so.

Sorry but you are connecting 2 separate things. Sure some bought their way to the top, but most didn’t. The more hardcore players simply don’t have to pay their way to the top.
On the contrary if what you are saying is true they would have taken longer to do this as it is still very early in the games life and profits no doubt have been good from gems.

Explain to me how grinding 60-100 hours at 1 gold per hour for one back slot item versus buying the mats with gems exchanged for gold isn’t pay to win? That’s standard pay to win. Either unreasonable grind or open your wallet.

Sadly its exactly this…

pay for skins, not for win…

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

I was in the vast minority when I posted my displeasure over the gems for gold announcement on Guru.

Other players tried to downplay the pay to win aspect by pointing out that the top tier level 80 gear was so easy to get it would never matter.

Other players said we were foolish and worried for no reason when we said they would find ways to get people to buy gold by making the game grindy for those who didn’t.

Other players said botters and gold farmers wouldn’t be an issue because of gems for gold.

We told you so.

Sorry but you are connecting 2 separate things. Sure some bought their way to the top, but most didn’t. The more hardcore players simply don’t have to pay their way to the top.
On the contrary if what you are saying is true they would have taken longer to do this as it is still very early in the games life and profits no doubt have been good from gems.

Explain to me how grinding 60-100 hours at 1 gold per hour for one back slot item versus buying the mats with gems exchanged for gold isn’t pay to win? That’s standard pay to win. Either unreasonable grind or open your wallet.

How about you try and explain how one is linked to the other from your first post. As that is what I’m refuting, which you would have seen if you weren’t to hung up on the P2W argument.

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

We told you so.

How about you try and explain how one is linked to the other from your first post. As that is what I’m refuting, which you would have seen if you weren’t to hung up on the P2W argument.

To get the new backpack you need 60-100 gold worth of mats depending on estimates of pricing another player made with the new droprate nerf. The minimum cost would be 60 gold buying from the TP. An hour to make 1 gold is, if anything, a generous rate.

So in order to make this backpack you need to either grind at minimum 60 hours for the mats or farm them yourself (which would probably take longer, actually) or just buy some gold with gems so you can buy the mats from the TP the minute you’ve gathered all the other required items.

That is very pay to win.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

10,000 posts (not including those that were removed) on a single topic concerning the game (whether for or against) and we’ve had 2 posts from the devs.
Now the patch has been implemented, we have seen the issues first-hand and still nothing.

How much longer can they dig their heads in the sand and wish this would go away?

Granted, they do have their hands full with patch full of blocking bugs that is intended to entice new players.

i am pretty sure they have thier hands full just trying to get thier event working properly.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: LadenSwallow.1468

LadenSwallow.1468

Well I got my refund, maybe I’ll look back in a year and see how much grind I missed, and be grateful I stayed away; or that there was no grind to miss and maybe come back and play.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6020/notanidlethreat2.png

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Is it possible to get my money back, as this is not the game I pre-ordered?

Yes, however currently they only offer refund up until 6 months after purchase.
So if you were a loyal fan and pre-purchased right away, you’re screwed – probably.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

Well I got my refund, maybe I’ll look back in a year and see how much grind I missed, and be grateful I stayed away; or that there was no grind to miss and maybe come back and play.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6020/notanidlethreat2.png

I think I’ll do just this.. I’d rather have my €55 back then this game that’s not what I originally bought. That and the fact that I think Arena net has shown what kind of company they are and what we can expect from them in the future.

(edited by Corew.8932)

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

Guildcast released a video about this too.
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/guild-wars-video/guildcast-guild-wars-show/fear-the-gear-grind/

In case you haven’t seen it.
They are usually level headed gamers so adding their feedback here.

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Here is my (CONSTRUCTIVE) feedback on this subject.————-

What boggles my mind is that the system Anet has put in place already has the perfect system to appease BOTH crowds. Infusion slots should add fractal dungeon (maybe future dungeons too) ONLY buffs. This allows PVE people to grind away until their hearts are content to get new PVE armor or rewards and get deeper into hard dungeons/raids/WHATEVER. Rewards could be

-Winning rewards/decorations/trophies for display in guild halls
-Rare armor/wep skins they can take into WVW (NOT MORE DMG OR STATS)
-Special taunts from completing hard mode dungones

What I cant fathom is how you guys dont understand that this game attracts alot of people who enjoy PVP that is skill based. Its not that we dont want to grind, its that we dont want to continuously grind over the years to enjoy pvp. higherstats will just make wvw harder to balance…. its already crazy enough, we dont need more damage…..

The people who left because there wasnt “enough to do” arent worth anyones time, do people stop playing Call of duty because “they played all the maps.” No, they keep playing because its a (mostly) balanced competitive game that puts people on a balanced system and lets them have FUN. you think any FPS/RTS would last if one guy got things other people didnt have?

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

Posted by: Greep.6394

Greep.6394

Here is my (CONSTRUCTIVE) feedback on this subject.————-

What boggles my mind is that the system Anet has put in place already has the perfect system to appease BOTH crowds. Infusion slots should add fractal dungeon (maybe future dungeons too) ONLY buffs. This allows PVE people to grind away until their hearts are content to get new PVE armor or rewards and get deeper into hard dungeons/raids/WHATEVER. Rewards could be

-Winning rewards/decorations/trophies for display in guild halls
-Rare armor/wep skins they can take into WVW (NOT MORE DMG OR STATS)
-Special taunts from completing hard mode dungones

What I cant fathom is how you guys dont understand that this game attracts alot of people who enjoy PVP that is skill based. Its not that we dont want to grind, its that we dont want to continuously grind over the years to enjoy pvp. higherstats will just make wvw harder to balance…. its already crazy enough, we dont need more damage…..

The people who left because there wasnt “enough to do” arent worth anyones time, do people stop playing Call of duty because “they played all the maps.” No, they keep playing because its a (mostly) balanced competitive game that puts people on a balanced system and lets them have FUN. you think any FPS/RTS would last if one guy got things other people didnt have?

What you’re missing is that the half they are trying to appease WANTS to piss of the other half. They want these items so they can feel better about themselves than people who have to work for a living or who have better things to do than play a video game all day every day.

If they can exclude other people because they have grinded for hours on end for something, it makes them feel better.

i am pretty sure they have thier hands full just trying to get thier event working properly.

Programmers program, PR people do PR. The PR people aren’t going to get their event working properly

(edited by Greep.6394)

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

It is interesting that you bring up Call of Duty, since the same thing that just happened to GW2 trying to cater to the WoW fans happens to FPS games trying to cater to Call of Duty fans.

They marginalize the aspects of the game that make it unique and implement changes to make it more like Call of Duty and end up with a cheap clone of Call of Duty. The players that liked it for what it was are alienated and leave.

Eventually, the Call of Duty fans go back to Call of Duty. I don’t recall a game where things got better after the changes…

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

It is interesting that you bring up Call of Duty, since the same thing that just happened to GW2 trying to cater to the WoW fans happens to FPS games trying to cater to Call of Duty fans.

They marginalize the aspects of the game that make it unique and implement changes to make it more like Call of Duty and end up with a cheap clone of Call of Duty. The players that liked it for what it was are alienated and leave.

Eventually, the Call of Duty fans go back to Call of Duty. I don’t recall a game where things got better after the changes…

And the game that do it diferent was Battlefield 3, but battlefield 3 stick to their plans till the end and there is it, one of the most successfull FPS of the generation, instead of going for another game audiences a game has to offer something no other has.

GW2 just discarted the only thing that was diferent from others.

Dinamic Events? Warhammer are better and cooler.
WvW? Any open PvP/PK game has it better, from L2 to the very same Warhammer.
Art Desing? that is arguable, but there are a lot of wonderfull worlds out there that rivals with Tyria.
Combat? Sorry, but Vindictus and TERA has them so much better done.

And i could keep going, the only thing that was great and unique about this game was that Exotic gear was easy to obtain and was the best you can get, from there there was only fashion… No other MMORPG was offering that. Now that change.

¿What do you have to offer now GW2?

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

if we’re comparing this, then why hasn’t TF2 gone full CoD copycat? and i’m pretty sure if valve did that, a lot of people would stop playing.

just like how if Anet starts making such drastic changes to GW2 to make it more like WoW, then people who play GW2 for its GW2ness will all leave after being driven away. and the people who wanted more WoW like stuff will all go back to WoW after realizing that blizzard has more or less a monopoly on that style of MMO.

so either way, all of this can be harmful to GW2. and therefore be harmful to Anet.

thugged out since cubscouts

Posted by: Daisyifyado.9534

Daisyifyado.9534

First time poster on ANY forum and have years of MMO experience.

Started working on my Exotics about 3 weeks ago. Actually bought gems with RL money because I was having such a great time I wanted to support such a fantastic company and game. Then(stupid me) bought Exotic jewelry on the BLTP and 5 pieces of exotic karma gear. Was beginning to work on my Legendary mats and other requirements because i really wanted one of those skins. Please correct me if I am wrong here. If I want to keep up with the gear grind I may need 250 T6 craft items. Don’t I also need the same items for my Legendary …. so now my Legendary is even farther way if I want to keep up. I hated gear grinds in WoW and I hated Radiance in LOTRO. If you can’t tell, I hate this patch. Please reconsider your future direction ANet. I am reconsidering my future with you.

Gnash Vegas – 80 Warrior
Kaineng

(edited by Daisyifyado.9534)

CrassBippy.4619

My point of comparing to Call of duty was that in order to maintain a playerbase who enjoys the competitive aspects of the game, it has to stay level for the playing field. constant and new gear grinds kills that

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

My point of comparing to Call of duty was that in order to maintain a playerbase who enjoys the competitive aspects of the game, it has to stay level for the playing field. constant and new gear grinds kills that

in that case, yes. but other games manage to find a niche, something i was hoping GW2 would be capable of

but who knows, maybe this isnt as bad as we think it is. im willing to wait it out and see what happens, give Anet at least some benefit of doubt. after all, they do have a rather impeccable 7 year track record with GW1. and by all means i am not saying i am particularly happy with this sudden change but i am willing to see where it goes.

thugged out since cubscouts

Posted by: Mhyrria.4160

Mhyrria.4160

Just started downloading updates for LoL and other PC games I missed out whilst playing GW2. I did not even know there was Dark Souls version for PC, gonna buy it later today. And all because of this kittening patch. I would have stayed for years, for as long as this game stuck to their core designs, but alas.. They wanted to have a slice of the WoW pie. It pissed me off days ago, but now it is nothing more than a sigh..

And I simply still cannot fathom why such a poor decision was implemented. If they needed money, they could have just asked for subscription. I very well know that most of us would gladly pay monthly for this game. Then that would entitle us to faster patches for fixes and content. We would have understood, and they would have the needed support. But this…. sigh just a mere sigh indeed.

Posted by: frunkee.3962

frunkee.3962

I’ve decided not to play this weekend. I’d like to try the new content, but it’s not like I don’t have other things to do and this is a direction that I don’t think is very good for the game. Still, I’ve definitely gotten my money’s worth and I still plan to play in the future.

However, I think there are three unavoidable consequences to this change:

1. Content Degredation – Presuming that most of the PvE content is geared towards the current strength, increasing the strength at 80 means the content will gradually get out of whack. Interestingly adding new character levels would be less damaging, since it is easier to balance individual character levels rather than a wider range of strength at the same level. So much for everything being endgame.

2. The Legendary Promise – Stating that Legendaries will always be as good as the best available means that suddenly they aren’t cosmetically better they are actually better. Who wouldn’t want inflation proof gear, ones that will get free upgrades when new items are introduced? Now you aren’t grinding because of the challenge or the cosmetic improvement, but for the insurance and the guarantee. So much for the grind not giving you better gear.

3. Do what you want – There are a few main routes of activity in the game (not counting sPvP since it isn’t affected). PvE, Dungeons, WvW and crafting come to mind. All of them give you the ability to obtain max power gear. Now, dungeons are the way to get the best. They’ve stated that other ways of getting the gear will become available, but how long is the delay and why? Why force those who want this gear to do dungeons? Why, in a game that trumpeted our ability to do what we enjoy, are we forced down a narrow path? So much for freedom of activity.

CrassBippy.4619

in that case, yes. but other games manage to find a niche, something i was hoping GW2 would be capable of

but who knows, maybe this isnt as bad as we think it is. im willing to wait it out and see what happens, give Anet at least some benefit of doubt. after all, they do have a rather impeccable 7 year track record with GW1. and by all means i am not saying i am particularly happy with this sudden change but i am willing to see where it goes.

What you said is the reason why people are so mad. They have a 7 year track record of NOT doing this. and they did within 3 months.

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

Posted by: Orion.7264

Orion.7264

Ok guys, I’ve found the person responsible for the Ascended items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cn4QBoexWtM

Arenanet lies.

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

10.000 Awnsers. Almost a whole fkn server. No awnser from Anet. Way to make a game for the players.

Greep.6394

They actually had two entire blog posts, and several internet articles, way more than for any other update. It’s just not the reply we want.

Posted by: Ironangel.1548

Ironangel.1548

Simple solution, don’t do the gear grind, let the no lifers do it.

A few extra stats isn’t worth half a year of farming, 15 fractals a run, 1 hour runs, 2k+ required.

Greep.6394

Easy to say if you don’t WvW, and yes it is significant, look at the thread about “why are people complaining”, and yes, we will have to if it’s a gear treadmill which it definitely will be given their talk about expansions.

Posted by: Randall.3507

Randall.3507

It boils down to this they need to make money! If the players that spend the most money want new tiers of gear,raids,mounts it will happen! If u don’t want to play the game because of this no more, then don’t!

Posted by: LadenSwallow.1468

LadenSwallow.1468

Greep.6394

<< also not an idle threat. Friend me if you like to make sure. I already gave all my stuff away. Someone in LA even got a random 349 orichalcum because my guildees weren’t on at the time and I just couldn’t bear to log in again.

Posted by: Alicse.9854

Alicse.9854

I logged out and I will never return to the game called “Grind Wars 2”
congratulations You, Arena Net succsefully screwed me up, and I believed in you.

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

They actually had two entire blog posts, and several internet articles, way more than for any other update. It’s just not the reply we want.

they didn’t explain nearly enough.

1. How many more tiers should we expect – no answer.
2. When can this stuff be available in wvwvw?
3. Why did you walk away from your principles?
4. When will other legendaries be available.

How could they not anticipate this uproar and consequent list of questions?

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: Gypsy Buttons.7821

Gypsy Buttons.7821

I don’t really think I can keep playing the game from what I saw in the newly opened lost shore. I just wanted to have a casual gaming experience this is turning into a another “quest for new pants” sort of deal. Hope that this patch gets altered a bit or removed.

Greep.6394

And I have to reiterate how this is such a big shame. From everything I’ve heard the new dungeon is otherwise fantastic, a great step forward for the developers better learning how to design dungeons for the kind of system they’ve designed. It’s too bad it’s just not even worth logging for at this rate

Posted by: Overfrosty.1675

Overfrosty.1675

I’m solving my refund atm with paypal, really really sad about all this. I was actually a happy customer till this fiasco.

I might buy the game again if they remove the stats.

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

Well, I just submitted my refund request.. I guess if I get one that means I’m done here.

Posted by: Maz.8604

Maz.8604

Funny enough, that is how EA/Bioware were acting not even a year ago. Guess what happened there?

Posted by: Ravnodaus.5130

Ravnodaus.5130

So, I have spoken my mind. I’ve made it clear on this, and other forums how I think this betrayal is unacceptable. Betrayal my be too strong a word, perhaps this “swindling” is unacceptable. At any rate… the final step is complete. I’ve requested a full refund for any/gem purchases I’ve made. And believe you me…that is a very large sum… I wanted to support Anet and show my love with my wallet, and had every, every intent of being a long standing player in this otherwise amazing game. Gear treadmill is a deal breaker, the deception and disregard, callous lack of response. It isn’t ok to accept this treatment as a consumer…or just as a human being in general.

I’m ok with this resulting in my account being closed, as I’m sure will be required to go through with a gem refund of this nature. But I simply will not allow a company to lie to me, and then swindle me. Absolute deal breaker.

I’m aware this will probably be deleted. I just wanted to say, to those of you who are calling it quits and have made additional purchases to show your support in the past, the option to request a refund is available to you. If you’re leaving, speak with your wallet. Don’t just stop buying from them, demand a refund for the things you were sold under false pretense. Better Business Bureau has a word for this sort of thing from a company, fraud.

(Technically… their term isn’t fraud, but that just sounded more dramatic! >.> They classify it as simply “Advertising/Sales Issues”)

It has been an interesting trip, and I will always remember this game as the game that had all the potential in the world, bristling with it, splitting at it’s seems with untapped amazing awesomeness… and the ball was fumbled, and the game never because all that it could have… should have been.

Good luck everyone who stays, I hope you find what you are looking for.

/end-ridiculous-tirade

Why grind dungeons? Only relevant content…
Why? Gives needed gear…
Why do you need this gear? To do dungeons… duh.

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

the hilarious thing is after all these ascended items are revealed, theres NOTHING special about them at all. Which puts GW2 on the category of gear grind games at the very lowest quality too. Why NOT play wow, the gear grind actually has QUALITY.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: Libertine.1047

Libertine.1047

Thoughts on Ascended gear: makes me too want to ask for a refund. Too bad I wanted a boxed copy of this great-game-to-be, so no refunds for me :P

Can’t understand the need to implement stat progression through new gear tires and gated content.

Posted by: Jairyn.6913

Jairyn.6913

the hilarious thing is after all these ascended items are revealed, theres NOTHING special about them at all. Which puts GW2 on the category of gear grind games at the very lowest quality too. Why NOT play wow, the gear grind actually has QUALITY.

Exactly this. WoW mastered that formula, no one’s going to hang around for a back item and upgrade slot when they get tier 15 ilvl 30gajillion uber gear the uber, guarded by the pandas of eternity, in that other game. Or even Rift, which, as I understand it, offers the current “like WoW, but not WoW” du jour. I really wish MMOs would freaking diversify. There’s clearly an open market for horizontal progression/“casual”/sandbox.

I liked GW2 better when it was represented by the manifesto.

(edited by Jairyn.6913)

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Yeah. I found that ironic also.

I think this wound up being a way they could put in another tier without actually doing much that would cost them money. No need to design new looking gear – just add stats to rings (which doesn’t require a game model). The only actually new model I saw was the quiver. It would have been far closer to their stated design and much more appreciated by players if they had paid the salaries to have their art department design new cool looking armor and weapons (goodness knows we’ve been asking for some variety in the types of armor) with the same stats as exotic as the tier between exotic and legendary.

Now that I would have liked.

but that would have taken time and cash investment.

(edited by Lamont.5973)

Posted by: Rhotsbin.8579

Rhotsbin.8579

Just went out and bought the new Xcom. Had been planning to wait until the price dropped on it but playing GW2 at this point feels hollow seeing as “progression” can just be made irrelevant in a single patch, and the MMOfesto, and trust of a truly devoted fanbase, has been betrayed. I was planning to happily continue spending $10-20 for gems each month instead of buying new games, but that’s come to a dead halt with this decision.

I’m beginning to come to terms with the fact this game no longer has the meaning it did to me just last week. For all this thread’s QQ the game is still great and I wish I could enjoy playing it right now. The reason anyone is still posting is because we still care, but soon we’re just going to move on and not look back at GW2 or any of Anet’s future mistakes. For the sake of those of us who still give a kitten I hope they rescind this whole patch and make one heck of an apology.

Ascending gear. Descending game.

Posted by: Abra.5230

Abra.5230

So, I have spoken my mind. I’ve made it clear on this, and other forums how I think this betrayal is unacceptable. Betrayal my be too strong a word, perhaps this “swindling” is unacceptable. At any rate… the final step is complete. I’ve requested a full refund for any/gem purchases I’ve made. And believe you me…that is a very large sum… I wanted to support Anet and show my love with my wallet, and had every, every intent of being a long standing player in this otherwise amazing game. Gear treadmill is a deal breaker, the deception and disregard, callous lack of response. It isn’t ok to accept this treatment as a consumer…or just as a human being in general.

I’m ok with this resulting in my account being closed, as I’m sure will be required to go through with a gem refund of this nature. But I simply will not allow a company to lie to me, and then swindle me. Absolute deal breaker.

I’m aware this will probably be deleted. I just wanted to say, to those of you who are calling it quits and have made additional purchases to show your support in the past, the option to request a refund is available to you. If you’re leaving, speak with your wallet. Don’t just stop buying from them, demand a refund for the things you were sold under false pretense. Better Business Bureau has a word for this sort of thing from a company, fraud.

(Technically… their term isn’t fraud, but that just sounded more dramatic! >.> They classify it as simply “Advertising/Sales Issues”)

It has been an interesting trip, and I will always remember this game as the game that had all the potential in the world, bristling with it, splitting at it’s seems with untapped amazing awesomeness… and the ball was fumbled, and the game never because all that it could have… should have been.

Good luck everyone who stays, I hope you find what you are looking for.

/end-ridiculous-tirade

Let me know how your gem refund goes because I’m in a similar position.

Posted by: Kietay.2345

Kietay.2345

None of you get it, the biggest problem with this is the fact that it forces you to play these dungeons. If these items were like regular exotic items, then who cares. Let the people who grind them grind them and the rest of us will buy them. But making them account bound so you have to play through days and days of the worst PvE in almost any MMO ever. Not fun.

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

That’s it. Its been 48 hours since this news has really sunk in for me.

I purchased the game in August. #1 August #2 Sept #3 October #4 November #5 December. Rumor is that NCsoft is honoring refunds up to six months. So Dec is the 5th month and a good time to demand a refund.

I imagine most of your [Arena Net] early adopters, the same people posting here, purchased around August.

You [Arena Net] have until Dec 28th to fix this. I will be demanding a refund in December if no action is taken by then. I know that NCsoft/Nexon are lending heavily on you in this situation. That much is clear by NCsoft’s stock value. But Arena Net, you as developers, need to come up with a solution or a large amount of your very own staff may be looking for new jobs.

The worst part of all this, for me, personally, is I was aiming to work at your studio someday. I no longer find your studio attractive professionally. That, my friends, is the biggest blow to me personally.

You guys are on notice. Grind Wars is NOT what we want.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

Posted by: Pamakogi.9276

Pamakogi.9276

Coming from a business prespective I bet you they didn’t see ppl asking for a “refund” as part of their money making scheme, cuz face it the average consumer is too lazy to ask for a refund. Instead its easier to stop playing and since there is no mthly sub they already got your money…

If you really wanna hurt anet and get your voices heard hit em where it counts

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I wouldn’t call 20-30% higher stats nothing special.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

The question raised about how much this thread actually reflects community opinion is a good one. So, let’s try…

An unscientific poll!
How has the introduction of Ascended gear affected you?

The results aren’t likely to be very accurate, but at least we’ll have more of a “one person, one vote” situation than everyone posting to a big thread.

(Note: This just a bare-bones opinion poll. Please don’t treat the results like a petition.)

(EDIT: Ooops, messed it up the first time. Updated!)

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

(edited by ASP.8093)

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

The question raised about how much this thread actually reflects community opinion is a good one. So, let’s try…

An unscientific poll!
How has the introduction of Ascended gear affected you?

The results aren’t likely to be very accurate, but at least we’ll have more of a “one person, one vote” situation than everyone posting to a big thread.

(Note: This just a bare-bones opinion poll. Please don’t treat the results like a petition.)

I prefer something official… most of us are to sad\angry, or they simply dont care about anymore.
We were supposed to play, to make fun…instead of this.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Posted by: shynu.7081

shynu.7081

So i logged onto the game, did a fractual run and looked at the amount of “grind” i need to get a item, logged off after the run and not intending to log on anymore.

Seriously, this is starting to feel like some maplestory/ragnorok thingie.