Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tempest.1254

Tempest.1254

Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads] – 10,053 replies 114,938 views.

And no response of real value to date. (Nov 17th.)

Now Arenanet ONLY reply to threads and posts relating to Fractual Dungeon and Ascended Gear.

They are not interested in our feedbacks and concerns. It’s either you continue to play and support them or you quit. That simple.

That’s being unfair. I’m sure they are listening very intently right now. Maybe their silence means they’ve been surprised by the fierce backlash and are currently discussing what to do about it. I hope they make the right decision.

Honestly, I’d love to give them the benefit of the doubt, but compare how they used to communicate with the customers and the community with how it’s been recently.

They used to be very transparent. We know exactly what they intended to do with the game. They used to do AMAs on Reddit and Q&As elsewhere.

Now their posts are full of rhetoric and doublespeak. I don’t think they can say anything.

Posted by: jibs.8463

jibs.8463

Yes, they can’t reply because they know they’d be lying and going back on their promises. Shame on you arenanet, shame on you.

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

Now Arenanet ONLY reply to threads and posts relating to Fractual Dungeon and Ascended Gear.

They are not interested in our feedbacks and concerns. It’s either you continue to play and support them or you quit. That simple.

That’s being unfair. I’m sure they are listening very intently right now. Maybe their silence means they’ve been surprised by the fierce backlash and are currently discussing what to do about it. I hope they make the right decision.

Honestly, I’d love to give them the benefit of the doubt, but compare how they used to communicate with the customers and the community with how it’s been recently.

They used to be very transparent. We know exactly what they intended to do with the game. They used to do AMAs on Reddit and Q&As elsewhere.

Now their posts are full of rhetoric and doublespeak. I don’t think they can say anything.

I have to say I think they have a boss who is demanding more revenue from gem purchases or was just with them in angry phone calls or something. Why else would such a stupid change be made just 3 months after release?

I can’t imagine any of the developers, programmers, QA staff or support staff were thinking to themselves “lets alienate a huge chunk of our existing playerbase for fun!” You don’t spend years making a game and try to do something this absurd in one patch unless someone is forcing you to do it.

Posted by: Killul.9685

Killul.9685

I agree with Tempest. Before they actually listened to the community but the fact they impleneted ascended after so much negative feedback shows that they are no longer listening or giving a kitten what we think. I used to think Arenanet was a really good company but know I think they’re becoming terrible.

Posted by: Chii.2814

Chii.2814

If they wanted more gem store revenue, cull the gambling nonsense and bring on the armor skins and more towns clothes with special shenanigans skills.
Weapon skins that didnt need you to gamble, sell it at a premium price and people will buy it and prefer it over uncertainty in the BLC
Name changer, Looks changer, Gender Changer.

Hell even sell some ORDER changer. How many people asked if there is a way to change which order they joined? (id buy it)

They were creative on what to sell on the cash shop in GW1, what happened?

If they thought money was going to be an issue they could have made it so you start with 3 characters instead of 5 to push sales of extra character slots.

A lot of things are possible without compromising the manifesto

(edited by Chii.2814)

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

I have no idea what’s happening with ArenaNet. I don’t like where they’re headed and I feel more and more uninterested in this game. How many more levels of gear grind are they going to come up with?

Posted by: DootmasterX.3025

DootmasterX.3025

I can’t help but somehow feel like deep down NCSoft has something to do with this. I’ve seen this pattern one too many times from them and games under their umbrella.

Jack of all trades, master of some.
NSP – [Zos]

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

A picture is worth a thousand words.

This is my thought.

Ashes and dust? Appropriate.

Posted by: Cromag.7195

Cromag.7195

All this reminds me of the Jita Riots 2011 in EVE.

In short, CCP was about to introduce a Nex Cash Shop and it sickered through that there were plans to make ships and weapons with different stats than player produced ones available there. The kitten storm was unbelievable, players kept unsubbing and others shooting a statue in a major trade hub for almost 5 days 24 hours a day.

I unsubbed too. A month later I got an E-Mail with an apology from the CEO and that they will change the direction they were taking the game to, listening more to the players wishes.

I resubbed and everything works fine now, they mostly really focus on stuff the players like to have.

(edited by Cromag.7195)

Posted by: KinkyPotato.4219

KinkyPotato.4219

I followed Arenanet from the beginning of time with the introduction of Guild Wars 1. I loved that game…the game and design philosophies behind it were so fun that I played the game for 6 years! And I’m not the only one…at its time, guild wars one had about 6 million boxes/accounts (honestly don’t remember) sold. With the announcement that guild wars 2 was going to be released, I patiently waited for it…knowing and anticipating (to no avail) that the exact same principles from the first game would be applied to the second game. Instead, what we got were knee-jerk reactions and complete contradictions to their original interviews/AMAs/Q&As. You stated that YOU wanted guild wars 2 to be a game that people can pick up, drop it, and return to it whenever they wanted to. The introduction of this patch COMPLETELY goes against that…this is not a subscription based game so why is gear grind being emphasized? I’m not even mad…I’m just disappointed to see such an awesome company (it was in its time) destroy itself. Arenanet, you really need to return to your core principles back in 2005 when you released guild wars 1.

This patch reminds me a lot of patch 1.3 for Diablo 3 which effectively nerfed all the fun builds and pissed off a lot of Diablo players. They somewhat rebounded with patch 1.4 but it was too late. Many other notable examples were included (Trials of Atlantis from Dark Age of Camelot). Guild wars 1 survived for 7 years without an item spiral (cosmetic rewards were the best kind of “grind”)…why is there a need for it in guild wars 2?

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

I was told this is a casual-friendly game really??? It was hard enough getting dungeon but ascended is insane.

Enough rant, on a more argumentative basis didn’t they say they were against the entire gear tredmill bit? This is hypocritical. And what is even more annoying is wasn’t the point of GuildWars 2 to be a revolution in MMOs? Well this proves it isn’t. Anet I liked you alot more then other company *cough*On that starts with an N cough
I play a game for fun to GRIND GRIND GRIND for gear. REMOVE THIS. It’s still possible and just replace it with idk gold or epic armor that you can completly design yourself(choose stats and what not).

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

Coming next!

Super-ascended armor because lots of you already have vanilla ascended and you need a new “challenge”. Never mind the investment you made in outdated exotics and ascended v1.

Go grind some more!

(edited by Amon.5042)

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Occupy Lion’s Arch!!!!!!!!

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Posted by: Downstairs Eddie.8125

Downstairs Eddie.8125

The weird thing is, only a few weeks ago they reduced the number of tokens needed to buy the exotic dungeon armor because they didn’t want it to feel like a grind. Why would they make that change but then introduce another gear tier that’s much harder to get? Maybe they knew this was coming and could afford to make the dungeon exotics easier.

Posted by: Crater.1625

Crater.1625

Coming next!

Super-ascended armor because lots of you already have vanilla ascended and you need a new “challenge”. Never mind the investment you made in outdated exotics and ascended v1.

Go grind some more!

“We felt there was a gap that needed to be bridged between Legendary weapons and MegaLegendary weapons, so to close that gap, we’re introducing MegaLegendary weapons.”

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

Found this thread and decided to read their blog. Here’s a partical copy paste that struck me:

“As we release more new end game content in the future, you’ll see more Infusions and Ascended item types being added to the game. Eventually, you’ll be able to kit yourself out with a full set of Ascended gear and high end Infusions to help give you the edge in end game content…….We’re going to add tons of new high-level content to Guild Wars 2 in the future. As we introduce the new high-level content, we’ll also roll out complimentary Ascended and Legendary items "

The “Edge” in end-game content? To me it sounds like stats increases, or special stats to help clear some dungeon like the Infusion stat, or even both. So to complete FotM you probably need all sets with infusions – guessing just the jewelry available now. Then the next content hits, you need the pants and boots, then the next needs helmet/chest, etc…. Not a gear treadmill? You tell me….

Whatever happened to challenging world bosses?

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.

Posted by: Caliburn.3421

Caliburn.3421

Anyone find these new ascended items to be not that accessible?

If I have to upgrade my transmuted gear once more to get peak performance out of it, fine, I don’t like it, but I’ll deal with it.

But seriously, the time/resource requirement to jump from exotic to ascended grade gear is absurd.

70+g in resources + RNG for an ascended back piece? Really? A chance to get an ascended ring at 10+ FoTM difficulty? You think the average player has a remote chance at this?

What happen to creating a level skill-based playing ground thats relatively easily attained?
In GW1 terms, I dont need the prestige and obsidian armor so where’s the affordable regular max armor? Or did grinding for gear become the norm?

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

I’m shocked… we beg to ANet for small changes and they didn’t hear us,

They have no time for bugs and they have time for THIS?

If legendary weapons would be slighty better i’d be ok, but they already said “legendary weapons will be buffed to stay as the best choise after ascended”,

That means all my exotic weapons, armor and trinkets will remain two steps behind and i’ll have to grind for months a dungeon with hysteric players playing the game as a job?

I was wearing exotic yesterday, now i’m two steps behind… i’m wearing blue items one day to another?! As a general rule i’d say “you can’t change the rules in the middle of the game” There’s people that spended real money to buy those exotic things because they have no time and want to stay competitive at wvw !!!

There’s real money, free time that i may spend on something else and effort behind those “ciber items”, and now they worth crap?

I played this game since the beggining and i wished to play it for a long time,

This is a big blow to me and in my opinion to the mayority of this comunity, companies need to listen more and do less and better,

We beg to the spirits… but they rarely answer…

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Posted by: Lexicaholic.4718

Lexicaholic.4718

Just wanted to add some thoughts to this discussion. Played GW1, played MMOs since Ultima Online, played EQ1, EQ2, Shadowbane, tons of CRPGs including D2 and D3. Not a newb. GW2 at launch was easily one of the greatest MMOs ever released. The bugs weren’t worth mentioning and the content was incredible and, most importantly, fun. Liked the Halloween event too. But I felt compelled to comment on this forum largely because of Ascended Gear and how I feel it is the first and only real misstep in an otherwise terrific experience.

EQ1, EQ2, and SWTOR all have F2P options right now. These are games that catered to and are built upon the premise of rewards for time played. All of these games are competing in the same space WoW is dominating (for whatever reason). Guild Wars as a franchise was able to distinguish itself from the EQ/WoW MMO style by leveling the playing field for users and making the game experience more about fun than about investment. This was largely the appeal of the game not only for myself but for those I convinced to join me in playing GW2.

The introduction of grind and an “end-game” based around gear elitism harms this appeal and frankly is off-putting to those seeking something different in their gaming experience. Ascended gear in and of itself is not a problem, and I hope, ArenaNet, that you do introduce multiple paths to gear acquisition soon; the grind presently in the game *is * a problem, however, as older gamers, like myself, who will spend money on this game and expansions, do not want to have to participate in a hardcore grind experience in order to enjoy new content. The exotic gear grind was demanding enough. ArenaNet, please honor your promises regarding grind and make Ascended gear available through alternative casual means sooner rather than later.

PS. Aside from the Ascended issue, Fractals dungeon looks very fun and appears to be an excellent addition to the game. Kudos to its designers.

Posted by: Libertine.1047

Libertine.1047

Someone call PETA, the kitten is about to hit the fan

The new dungeon is great, I would have played it every now and then with enjoyment. But I’m not gonna farm it for 200 hours. There was no need to make a stat carrot. I will not join the donkey wagon.

Gosh. There’d still be time and means to reverse this, but alas we can be 100% sure that our concerns will go unnoticed.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m still reserving final judgment, but some of the things I am seeing about FotM, RNG, DC’s and the tiering in the dungeon are worrying. It’s pretty clear to me that ANet has betrayed the portion of their fanbase that bought into the no gear progression statements prior to release. While I will still play the game, my enthusiasm is much less than it was. I will not buy any more gems, and am unlikely to buy any expansions unless ANet reconsiders its current approach.

Posted by: Lord Funk.1694

Lord Funk.1694

There is a Jumping Puzzle in Lost Shores called:

“Under New Management”

I seriously wonder if the devs are trying to tell us something ???

No, not meant to troll but devs often leave small hints and clues in games.

In one game I remember finding a hidden building inside another where You could meet NPC’s with names of all the staffs and such. They like making these small additions hints and stuff. Considering this total U-turn with Ascended and the whole fractal tier thing dividing GW2 playerbase into elitist and non elitist one can only wonder.

Lord Funk of HOD/Holy Order of Dragons game Guild (since 1996/97)

http://hod-home.guildlaunch.com

(edited by Lord Funk.1694)

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

In short, CCP was about to introduce a Nex Cash Shop and it sickered through that there were plans to make ships and weapons with different stats than player produced ones available there. The kitten storm was unbelievable, players kept unsubbing and others shooting a statue in a major trade hub for almost 5 days 24 hours a day.

I unsubbed too. A month later I got an E-Mail with an apology from the CEO and that they will change the direction they were taking the game to, listening more to the players wishes.

I resubbed and everything works fine now, they mostly really focus on stuff the players like to have.

o/ I’m always glad to see another EVE survivor. I think the comparison to monoclegate is more apt then it even looks on the surface- CCP aimed for a market they didn’t have any hold in (first/third person gamers, social-network type gamers) and overreached their financial capacity by neglecting their core base.

Anet is doing the exact same thing- and the way out will be exactly the same. Downsizing to reduce overhead (I’m sorry great artists and programmers, but this doesn’t look good), and re-gearing to support the market they DO have. Hopefully, and apology or at least an explanation will come before those of us who are leaving get tired and stop checking for one- otherwise, the customer hemorrhaging won’t stop.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

There is a Jumping Puzzle in Lost Shores called:

“Under New Management”

I seriously wonder if the devs are trying to tell us somethiung ???

Wow nice catch.

I’m starting to think there’s a crisis in the company, and that’s just one more piece of evidence. I’m willing to bet that their silence is actually shock, from the internal chaos going on as the higher-ups realize that they are losing customers with this change rather then getting some back. This very likely has huge financial implications for the company, and they have some internal soul-searching (and re-budgeting) to do before they present anything to us.

Time will tell, eh?

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: Starhawk.2958

Starhawk.2958

o/ I’m always glad to see another EVE survivor. I think the comparison to monoclegate is more apt then it even looks on the surface- CCP aimed for a market they didn’t have any hold in (first/third person gamers, social-network type gamers) and overreached their financial capacity by neglecting their core base.

Anet is doing the exact same thing- and the way out will be exactly the same. Downsizing to reduce overhead (I’m sorry great artists and programmers, but this doesn’t look good), and re-gearing to support the market they DO have. Hopefully, and apology or at least an explanation will come before those of us who are leaving get tired and stop checking for one- otherwise, the customer hemorrhaging won’t stop.

Based on what I’ve observed from Anet I don’t see that apology coming any time soon, if ever. CCP is fundamentally a better company than Anet and have proven it time and again over the years. Yes, they may do things that their player base doesn’t always like, but they actually do interface and have meaningful dialogue with their customers and implement a good portion of things their players ask for. They don’t come out with the Dev speak horse kitten these developers have been spewing since prior to launch. This game is following right down the line the same way SWTOR did and their developers are acting in the same fashion. Next up for Anet, pay to win services to keep their NCSoft overlords happy.

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

the hilarious thing is after all these ascended items are revealed, theres NOTHING special about them at all. Which puts GW2 on the category of gear grind games at the very lowest quality too. Why NOT play wow, the gear grind actually has QUALITY.

I wouldn’t call 20-30% higher stats nothing special.

As in there are no unique defining effects other than stat boost. stat boosts don’t compel the player to play differently. look at the unikittenfects found in WoW gear and ud understand what im saying

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: Aureole.7862

Aureole.7862

This is the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy all over again.
A company making big promises and then breaking them in the worst possible way. A kittentorm in the forums where people feel lied to and ignored from the very devs that made and broke these promises. Just like Bioware kittened up their strongest franchise, Arenanet is about to screw the most promising and revolutionary MMO of the last 7/8 years.
Why?

(edited by Aureole.7862)

Posted by: RaGe.9834

RaGe.9834

get rid of it it’s destructive to you’re own “cooperative gaming” philosophy
it’s destructive to the playerbase as none of us want it
it’s destructive to the “every player should be equal” piece of advertising you want you guys went on about
it’s extremely destructive to balance and on top of all that discourages players from playing alternate characters (another thing you advertised)
and ultimately shows you as being horribly dishonest as a company

What are you a jock?…. get out, This is nerd landia, where nerds gather!

Posted by: Starhawk.2958

Starhawk.2958

A company making big promises and then breaking them in the worst possible way. A kittentorm in the forums where people feel lied to and ignored from the very defs that made and broke these promises. Just like Bioware kittened up their strongest franchise, Arenanet is about to screw the most promising and revolutionary MMO of the last 7/8 years.
Why?

Money, it’s always about money. They can lie their rears off all they want, but in the end someone is getting a boot on their neck to increase the game’s population (more box sales) or create a system where buying gems increases. Now that they’ve started down this road (starting with the way they handled the BLC at Halloween), it won’t stop. Greed is good, and Anet/NCSoft are greedy.

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

My enthusiasm for GW2 has been destroyed by this.

I will start off with the only fix that I will be comfortable with:

ONLY FIX:

Remove Ascended or make an item which is obtainable in wvw and all forms of pve that upgrade any exotic to an Ascended and make it take about one evening of playing per piece upgrade at most.

If Ascended must remain (through the upgrade option above) Make the Infusion Slot do something other then segregate and gate players: Vanity glows, combat effects, slight change to visual appearance (corruption or something to make star wars people happy) slight stat increases since the upgrade process would be much more obtainable, or combat effects similar to rune combinations, perhaps closer to weak runewords, maybe the ability to achieve a couple combinations of sets of 3 since there would be quite a few slots to fill. I’d be ok with just slight raw stats similar to a gem, like wow enchants basicaly, if that’s the best i can get. I wouldn’t overdo it at all, in terms of character power, every little bit is just going to trivialize earlier content and dungeons. Ascended could be a quality of life thing instead: stats are the same and any exotic can be upgrade allowing for example ascended gear be transmuted for free ( the grind could be increased in this case since it’s purely an earned luxury that doesn’t effect balance.)

My rant to make myself feel better about these horrible decisions:

I had no problem with the longevity of the game before this change I loved it and could see myself playing for a long long time. I never once signed in and didn’t have a long list of things that I wanted to do.

There is no way to ease over the gear grind, increasing how easy they are to obtain wouldn’t change anything, increasing the ways to get them will not change anything.

There are many games that do the grind better that allow for much more competitive technical PVE that have a much more enjoyable grinding experience that are a much better environment for technical PVE communities to develop in. A decade ago there were mmo’s that handled these areas better then you do. This never bothered me because the highlights of this game were revolutionary and refreshing, they bother me very much now. I don’t miss having this and I don’t want it back. GW2 was the most refreshing MMO in the last 5 years by far and I loved signing in everyday,

Even raising the tier just once is not OK. I’m very angry you want to start me on my way running 7 average wings that accumulate to slightly over one dungeon worth of encounters endlessly, if you made it any closer to a hamster on a wheel it would be an absolute mockery of your players. The dungeons you had I enjoyed quite a bit and farming certain weapons and gears for my character’s aesthetics while experimenting with specs and different alts was engaging enough for me.

3 months in I will not do your gear grind, I wont ever do your gear grind beyond what was promised. There are many games that do it better and if you throw away everything all that you have going for you is the Beautiful animation work and environments which is amazing but not enough alone.

Worst idea ever, I had so much faith but this is a shocking change and now that I see it’s implementation I assure you that you are 100% out of touch with your game, what it’s strong points are and how you should be devoting your resources.

0/10 had so much love for gw2 takes some horrible decisions to turn it around like this. I’d put this in the realm of how fail D3 was and how hard it must have been to ruin such a great franchise.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: Daredemo.2794

Daredemo.2794

Can we at least get a promise on no trinity and no raiding? Or is it only a matter of time?

Anet doesn’t make promises, because then their players will get mad when they eventually break them.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/139a4j/official_post_ascended_items_on_german_forums/

That’s the worst part, they’ve broken the trust of their userbase and now whatever they say can’t be taken at face value. This is what is making me seriously consider a refund, even if they take some action on this (which seems unlikely atm), whatever they say about the future of the game has to be taken with huge bag of salt. So, staying with the game, even if they normalized ascended with exotics (which they won’t) and said they won’t do it again in the future, it becomes impossible to trust them again because they already went ahead and exacted changes that blatantly disregard their stated design principles. CCP had that confidence shot, but they never got to the point of actually implementing that garbage, IIRC, and that makes a huge difference in how it affects player trust.

The worst part is that they are well aware that they betrayed that trust and don’t give a single alpine skelk about it. Or maybe the worst part is that they seem to wants us to believe that addressing the need of those people who hit the gear tier plateau for more gear tiers is not a Sisyphean task and that they’ll certainly be satisfied forever with this new tier, so don’t worry.

(edited by Daredemo.2794)

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

That’s the worst part, they’ve broken the trust of their userbase and now whatever they say can’t be taken at face value. This is what is making me seriously consider a refund, even if they take some action on this (which seems unlikely atm), whatever they say about the future of the game has to be taken with huge bag of salt. So, staying with the game, even if they normalized ascended with exotics (which they won’t) and said they won’t do it again in the future, it becomes impossible to trust them again because they already went ahead and exacted changes that blatantly disregard their stated design principles. CCP had that confidence shot, but they never got to the point of actually implementing that garbage, IIRC, and that makes a huge difference in how it affects player trust.
The worst part is that they are well aware that they betrayed that trust and don’t give a single alpine skelk about it. Or maybe the worst part is that they seem to wants us to believe that addressing the need of those people who hit the gear tier plateau for more gear tiers is not a Sisyphean task and that they’ll certainly be satisfied forever with this new tier, so don’t worry.

I really dont understand this tactics… they dont say nothing because they dont want make promises they cant keep? Its too late i guess. and i really dont know how many players, buy or invest in something that is simply a mistery. but hey, im not a marketing expert, but i consider myself a wise buyer, and without a declaration of intent, i wont spend a single cent. i dont know if i an ask a refunt, i buyed a retail copy at launch, so i have to ask to my retailer before decide something.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Posted by: Cheiron the Centaur.1829

Cheiron the Centaur.1829

Does anyone at ArenaNet even remember this statement made back in July when they first announced Legendary Weapons:

And Legendary Weapons ofcourse are not any more powerful than kind of the top level exotic weapons. In fact, each Legendary Weapon is based off of a very specific exotic weapon power wise, so they’re exactly the same power wise, but they look a whole lot cooler.

?

I was perfectly okay with Legendary items exactly because of this particular part of it. No more!

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

I have to say I think they have a boss who is demanding more revenue from gem purchases or was just with them in angry phone calls or something. Why else would such a stupid change be made just 3 months after release?

I can’t imagine any of the developers, programmers, QA staff or support staff were thinking to themselves “lets alienate a huge chunk of our existing playerbase for fun!” You don’t spend years making a game and try to do something this absurd in one patch unless someone is forcing you to do it.

If that is the case and they are not making enough money through gem purchase then they should concentrate on adding more desirable things to the cash shop.

Currently the items in the shop are just not interesting enough for people to pay money for. Add more variety and more cool stuff and people will spend more.

Ganzo.5079

If that is the case and they are not making enough money through gem purchase then they should concentrate on adding more desirable things to the cash shop.

Currently the items in the shop are just not interesting enough for people to pay money for. Add more variety and more cool stuff and people will spend more.

Yep the cash shop is weak… and a lot of player were hoping to buy intresting skins to the shop… not have the buy2win option.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
LOL

Posted by: Haudruff.7804

Haudruff.7804

since my post was removed from mods, i still will add my voice.

i have a life (friends, family, jobs,….), i have other hobbies. i liked (yeah, its past-time) what anet promised about no hamsterwheel, no geargrind.

that your SKILL actually matters and decides about success in the game and not THE AMOUNT OF TIME you spend there to be competitive because of gear-grinding, like in all those wow-clones, where gear is all that matters. i liked that in gw2 the endgame was not about to get better gear to kill hard boss to get better gear to kill next harder boss to get better gear to kill…

well, thats over and done. when, and its a “when” and not an “if” they introduce better gear with the stats my toons use, then i am out. i wont play anymore, i wont buy gems. i wont try to drag other ppl into that game. i guess i just wont log in anymore like all the others here. then anet will have lost their playerbase. those ppl who like gw1, those who liked gw2.

dear anet, sry for my english, its not my native, and happy wow-playerhunting,
sincerely yours, a soon to be former customer.

Posted by: Booning.5476

Booning.5476

“Omnishambles” is named word of the year by the Oxford English Dictionary

The timing could not be better.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20309441

Posted by: Traitine.8713

Traitine.8713

No gear grind has been my main talking point in convincing friends to try out this game. It was certainly one of the biggest reasons I joined. Now i’m not sure this applies anymore.

What a terrible idea. Please stop this treadmill now before someone cranks it up too high, or too many people get off.

80 Warrior – Akallos Traitine
www.ConstantWarfare.com

Posted by: Amirio.3802

Amirio.3802

I get where you all are coming from regarding the issue with ascended gear causing vertical progression but think about it…if we had to jump from having exotics straight to legendary gear( if that ever comes out) that would cause a gap between players. This is the issue Anet is trying to avoid with ascended gear I personally dont have a problem with it so long as it doesnt give a huge advantage compared to what we currently are geared in now.

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Eh… So apparently new dungeon isn’t resetting.
Imagine what happens if you make a break of a week or two?
Not going to get a group for it any more. Everyone else will be on the level 50+++ and they aren’t going to run lvl1 just for you… Eh Anet, you couldn’t have came up with the worst mechanics, couldn’t you?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Concerned-about-weekly-fractal-reset/first#post776705

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Ganzo.5079

I get where you all are coming from regarding the issue with ascended gear causing vertical progression but think about it…if we had to jump from having exotics straight to legendary gear( if that ever comes out) that would cause a gap between players. This is the issue Anet is trying to avoid with ascended gear I personally dont have a problem with it so long as it doesnt give a huge advantage compared to what we currently are geared in now.

Legendary was not better then exotics in terms of stats, so make a legendary was a personal trophy! (so NO REAL GAP)

Now with this Ascended project, and the tweak of the legendary ones, make a legendary become mandatory if you want to avoid the endless loop of equip farming. (buy2win option) its not a thing that you can notice now, but when the full ascended set become aviable, this simple distinction become more and more evident.

LOL

Posted by: Zenith.1234

Zenith.1234

A company making big promises and then breaking them in the worst possible way. A kittentorm in the forums where people feel lied to and ignored from the very devs that made and broke these promises. Just like Bioware kittened up their strongest franchise, Arenanet is about to screw the most promising and revolutionary MMO of the last 7/8 years.
Why?

I remember that day when I got ME3, one of the best games I have played and even went back to the first one to catch up cause I thought the game was just incredible. After I saw the ending on ME3 I kinda wanted to kill every living being on the planet ;p, so I decided to never purchase anything with EA or Bioware on it ever again.

Anet is basically doing the same thing but not quite as harsh as Bioware/EA. It is all about money and should be obvious why they are adding a treadmill in the game now. Just like I did with EA/Bioware I will do the same to Anet/NcSoft.

It would take a miracle to get me back in the game now. I think I will stick with bethesda since I am back into Skyrim now and having a lot of fun while not having to deal with a treadmill or lies lol.

Also it seems like Anet cares more about infracting people expressing their displeasure on the forum. I hope they enjoy it cause I can careless what happens to my account with them anymore.

(edited by Zenith.1234)

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

A golem named BUY-4373, an NPC named Subdirector Blingg, and a jumping puzzle named Under New Management.

I’m sorry, but those references are too coincidental to just be funny. Thanks for letting us now, ANet.

Posted by: Zenith.1234

Zenith.1234

A golem named BUY-4373, an NPC named Subdirector Blingg, and a jumping puzzle named Under New Management.

I’m sorry, but those references are too coincidental to just be funny. Thanks for letting us now, ANet.

>.>…

Posted by: Mhyrria.4160

Mhyrria.4160

I would definitely have quit over a sub tacked onto a game where players can buy game currency with real money, actually. I don’t know how many others would do the same, but I do think it’s way too late to go to a sub model.

They could change the TP. The gems were originally for maintaining income, but with subscriptions, then gems would be redundant.

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Oh my… Guess I shouldn’t hold my breath then…

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: Mhyrria.4160

Mhyrria.4160

Oh my… Guess I shouldn’t hold my breath then…

And now we know. NCsoft kittened the hell out of Anet.. sigh

Posted by: pregnable.1954

pregnable.1954

Yeah.

Hey Anet guys who were against all this crap… you might want to try getting a job at Neverwinter online or do something with kickstarter.

Tell us about it when you can, and sorry they trashed your game. heh.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Anyone mind explaining these, for those not in the know?

Posted by: Daredemo.2794

Daredemo.2794

Welp, applied for a refund. Seems like this genre is truly stagnant. Shame… was fun while it lasted, at least.