Upcoming changes in Spring Quarterly Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

lol at the wvwers begging for the old maps. Why not try and get the new ones fixed? I’m sure content that is almost 4 years old will bring everyone back!

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Alpine BL coming back to the game :o . I might come back as well.
Now just balance elites and we’ll be on business again for another 3 years ANet.

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

For all of the complaining about “is that it?”, please do try to realise that this is earlier than they’d normally be talking about the update. Primarily, this is a heads-up on one change that’s going to remove something – FotM achieves, giving people notice that they need to complete them before then if they want them – and another that will have a big effect on how much something costs/the economy, Scribing.

The mention of WvW likely only made it in there as part of giving people notice on what had been decided, as the last official word on it was that they were going to take feedback and then make a decision.

This is not /notes.

One final thing to note as well. For those who are wondering whether this means that the Desert BL will be completely scrapped or not, I think you can very safely imply from them updating the Desert BL in this coming update and seeking feedback on those changes, that the Desert BL is still very much a part of their plans and will likely be worked on as something that can be improved that can be rotated with the Alpine BL, after the latter returns. Which, frankly makes sense.

Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No new content, I guess…

Game over, man. Cheaper scribing, continued prohibitive cost to learn it. No scribe training outside of guild halls. They still don’t get it.

Scribe was a bad idea IMO. Should have been a vendor the guild unlocks and upgrades like everything else in a guild hall and is then universally available to buy various items from, essentially making everyone in the guild a scribe. As it is now if a guild funds their scribe and he leaves the guild or game the guild is SOL, got to train up someone new. It’s simply too expensive, a likely will still be, for an individual to achieve without a guild’s backing. At least not all the way to 400.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Could you please just put the alpine back without kittening it up with the stupid HoT crap?
If you actually payed attention to what the wvw players were requesting you would realize we are tired of the broken kitten you introduced. No kittening banners, tactivators, or auto upgrades. Just give us our dammed map back.

+1 for that aswell

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: AuroraW.7149

AuroraW.7149

Mike, thank you so much for your recent community input! It’s good to hearing from you! Seriously. ^^ I am also convinced that you had a great share in the development of the Tyrian Cosmos, even if it has not been that obvious yet. Would like to hear more in future about how you view the future development of the Guild Wars Universe. :-)

Booga: I took the bullets out of their guns. That was smart, huh?
Tank Girl: Booga, that was very smart.
Gath Gealaich | Rémi Heltzer [GN] – Elona [D]

(edited by AuroraW.7149)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

As much as I’m aware LW is far from release, I hoped for some news about it. Scribing costs reduction is quite welcome, thank you!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Mike, please make Guild Wars great again!

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Could you please just put the alpine back without kittening it up with the stupid HoT crap?
If you actually payed attention to what the wvw players were requesting you would realize we are tired of the broken kitten you introduced. No kittening banners, tactivators, or auto upgrades. Just give us our dammed map back.

And that’s why it won’t make it. They have to kitten on it first.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Posted by: AuroraW.7149

AuroraW.7149

Mike, thank you so much for your recent community input! It’s good to hearing from you! Seriously. ^^ I am also convinced that you had (and have) a great share in the development of the Tyrian Cosmos, even if it has not been that obvious yet. Would like to hear more in future about how you view the future development of the Guild Wars Universe. :-)

Booga: I took the bullets out of their guns. That was smart, huh?
Tank Girl: Booga, that was very smart.
Gath Gealaich | Rémi Heltzer [GN] – Elona [D]

Posted by: RexxarTheHunter.3926

RexxarTheHunter.3926

So fractals, WvW updates and Scribing….
Which of the 3 you guys think will be canceled due to no reason?

I say Fractals!

Repeatative grinding (to no actual end) has become one of the pillers of the game.

Posted by: Korentin.3957

Korentin.3957

Thanks for the heads up

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Sounds like a whole lot of nothing.They break it they try fix it and break it then try fix it and break it.Headless chicken running around comes to mind.

Posted by: Klaugh.7415

Klaugh.7415

Will the Elite-Fractal Veteran and Elite-Fractal Master achievements be affected?

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Yay for the Alpine BLs making their way back.

The other changes sound good as well.

Of course, people want more (and I am among them) but at this point, I’ll be happy with what we can get.

SBI

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

It’s difficult to get excited about the April patch when the focus of it is so heavily on basically undoing a lot of stuff you did in the expansion you sold us for $60.

But it is what it is. I hope we get a new Fractal, at least. I doubt Living World is coming back yet.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Folks, this probably isn’t everything. These are some big things and really, really big ones which the community has been actively asking for. Things which pretty much admit errors in HoT and are attempting to fix or completely undo them.

I’m glad to see Alpine BL’s will be returning.

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Apline border back? That means solo roaming is back.. maybe its time to install gw and wreck some baddies.

I shall rise again.

But no/poor balance changes are still a no no.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

lol at the wvwers begging for the old maps. Why not try and get the new ones fixed? I’m sure content that is almost 4 years old will bring everyone back!

why fix a piece of crap?
you will simply end up with a working piece of crap
I am sure alpine will bring at least 1 back to home bl.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Giving the desert bl another shot huh? hoping we’ll love it and come back huh? well good luck with that. I guess that’s another 3+ months before Alpine is ready? Not that it matters since there’s a lot of other stuff that needs to be fixed.

Which brings me back to what about all that talk about the stuff that was going to be beta tested in April? We don’t have a clue what you’re doing and what to expect. I’ve kinda put expected wvw updates into the same timeline as legendary weapons now…. what too soon?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s the Server/Map/Scoring/Balance/Rewards systems that have to be redone for WvW. Bringing back a map we already overplayed and removing content we paid for won’t help at all and won’t make me launch the game again.

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Wow peeps are harsh. They already told us what to expect in April. The fact that they are fixing things is a great step! Rome was not built in a day, so chill and wait. Complaining about it all the time only discourages others to continue playing.

Mylerian/FA/Just Respawn

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Wow peeps are harsh. They already told us what to expect in April. The fact that they are fixing things is a great step! Rome was not built in a day, so chill and wait. Complaining about it all the time only discourages others to continue playing.

Mylerian/FA/Just Respawn

And it seems like complaining and encouraging others to stay away from the game has finally gotten Anet’s attention rather than just rattling sabers and giving little hints and suggestions. Not dissing you, just stating a fact.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Mylerian/FA/Just Respawn

You’re totally right! I mean waiting 3.5 years for things to be fixed is very reasonable!

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Is there a possibility of adding the dessert borderland as a PvE Map?

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Posted by: Serena Sedai.3064

Serena Sedai.3064

Based on the content of the post, I assume this specifically refers only to Core Fractal Hero and Casual Fractal Hero, but not Elite Fractal Veteran, and Elite Fractal Master.

Any chance we can get a confirmation on that?

MadRabbit.3179

Mylerian/FA/Just Respawn

They told us what to expect; we didn’t take a vote. And yes, its moving a step in the right direction.

But if you are like me and burned out on the content, releasing a quarterly update to fix everything you did in the expansion sold us isn’t going to give me a reason to come back to the game at the moment. It might make the game better when they finally do release new content.

And the WvW change is one of mixed feelings. We paid money for the new WvW in the new expansion and it’s so bad we are going back to what it was before we ever paid money.

That’s a painful pull to swallow, but if the collective changes really revitalize it and are in line with what WvW players have wanted for a long time, it might bring me back to the game on a regular basis just to play WvW.

Though, given their history with balance, the statement of “a whole new set of balance changes for WvW” makes me cry a little.

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

I’m very happy to hear that Alpine will be returning.

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

It already is a pve map. Go check it out yourself, the only thing you’ll see are npc’s and annoying pve mechanics.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

As far as I understood, Mike’s post has nothing to do with a preview of April’s Update, but is here for warnings :

• if you are working on Casual Fractal Hero and Core Fractal Hero, hurry up, they will be taken away with the update, meaning you just have a few weeks to finish them
  • if you are planning to level up your scribing, you’d better wait for the update, as the costs will be significantly reduced

Besides, he implicitely asks the WvWers to be patient regarding the come back of the Alpine Borderlands, as it won’t happen with the update but later.

I’m more than upset with the legendary mess, but I’m happy Anet took the time to give us these warnings enough days in advance, and not at the last minute.

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

Bringing old WvW maps back seems like an attempt to keep any people they can there isntead of attracting anybody new. I get that partially, but I have zero interest in playing old maps again. I haven’t gone out much since the expansion mostly because I’m doing other things, but this makes me not want to go out at all. Why throw away that work instead of improving the new map if it has issues? Or even rotate the maps every week or two?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I wish they would. It’s gorgeous and massive. It;s a shame that one of the most beautiful maps in the game is so hated and unwanted.

Their art department really outdid themselves.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

MadRabbit.3179

As far as I understood, Mike’s post has nothing to do with a preview of April’s Update, but is here for warnings :

• if you are working on Casual Fractal Hero and Core Fractal Hero, hurry up, they will be taken away with the update, meaning you just have a few weeks to finish them
  • if you are planning to level up your scribing, you’d better wait for the update, as the costs will be significantly reduced

Besides, he implicitely asks the WvWers to be patient regarding the come back of the Alpine Borderlands, as it won’t happen with the update but later.

I’m more than upset with the legendary mess, but I’m happy Anet took the time to give us these warnings enough days in advance, and not at the last minute.

Fair enough. The cynical side of me, however, tends think that when you kitten off your entire user base by canceling a promised feature to focus on developing content, then you want to reveal what the new content in the upcoming April patch is as quickly as possible, particularly given April is in two days.

The absence of that tends to make me wonder what exactly we are getting in this patch.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Or even rotate the maps every week or two?

Pretty sure this is what will happen. They implied this was how the system would work way back when and then decided that the Alpine wouldn’t be coming back for the foreseeable future.

It makes sense to swap back in the old map and keep people happy while you address the issues of the new one. Issues that will almost certainly require significant reworks of the map terrain itself.

I think a lot of us would rather have some good nostalgia time on the alpine map while they address the Desert map rather than another ~6 months of the current Desert.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

Mylerian/FA/Just Respawn

And it seems like complaining and encouraging others to stay away from the game has finally gotten Anet’s attention rather than just rattling sabers and giving little hints and suggestions. Not dissing you, just stating a fact.

If it’s gonna take this much to get them to move, so be it. 99% of people won’t react until the damage has been done anyway.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Mylerian/FA/Just Respawn

Colin is that you??

Posted by: Daniel.4763

Daniel.4763

I will patiently await new content release. Until then I’ll keep checking the forums to see what’s new. I picked up Dragon Age: Revelation for $20 at Walmart. That should tide me over until the next quarterly update or maybe until I pick up the Mass Effect trilogy.

Posted by: John.5732

John.5732

Can we get specific information on the fractals update?

I would like to be able to give feedback before it’s too late. The previous fractals update and the one before it were done without much feedback after designing them and they both had glaring issues.

Leader of the Kingdom of [Shu] Guild
Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Tengu Talons.7921

Tengu Talons.7921

Please tell me this isn’t everything.

Posted by: egzius.9031

egzius.9031

can we please get back 5x discounted keys back for fractals? i’m starting to run out of keys, cba to buy them everyday by clicking 30x times. or better yet implement custom buy amount.

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

can we please get back 5x discounted keys back for fractals? i’m starting to run out of keys, cba to buy them everyday by clicking 30x times. or better yet implement custom buy amount.

I’m sure it will be in the next expansion. :p

Posted by: Unforgiven Azrael.6203

Unforgiven Azrael.6203

So are we actually gonna get new fractals, or is this just another pointless update?
….actually I would probably just be happy with you letting us finish out backpiece….

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

why fix a piece of crap?
you will simply end up with a working piece of crap
I am sure alpine will bring at least 1 back to home bl.

Interesting.

I can’t relate to someone who doesn’t want a change of scenery.

Have you been using your head to beat down those same doors for the last 3 years?

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

Players complain that the new WvW maps are bad, they don’t like them, nope not one bit. “Bring back the old maps!” they shout. ANet announces they’re bringing back the old WvW maps. Players complain that they’re being “forced” to play on the old WvW maps again.

Players complain that there isn’t enough transparency, that they aren’t getting any news updates and—what’s going on? we want to know! we deserve to know!. ANet responds with more transparency and unfortunate bad news. Players demand ANet give them all refunds because this news is clearly the end of the world and oh my god what’s happened to Tyria oh no we won’t get shiny skins ever again omguhhh.

Kittened if you do, kittened if you don’t.

I bet if ANet released Super Adventure Box on April 1st, with 4 additional worlds, players would shout and complain even louder than usual, because “this isn’t the game we paid for” and “if I wanted to play mario I would hook up my nintendo” and “Mo needs to be fired and I want all their jobs and the world is ending omguhhh I’m going back to Maple Story omguhh.”

Something tells me that even if ANet released a full new set of 16 legendaries, people would find something totally new to be upset about. And the development team would likely feel even less appreciated than I assume they do now. Boy, for such a friendly community, some of you folks sure do a great job of treating the devs like dirt.

I hope ANet trolls the crap out of us on April 1st with a truly epic prank. Some of the naysayers and vitriol-spouting angerbots around here really deserve it, in my opinion.

Anyway, thanks for the continuing updates, Mo. The non-vocal majority of us are still loving the heck out of this game.

MadRabbit.3179

You didn’t pay for the desert bl. That is a feature that is available to any one. They aren’t deleting the bl it will eventually be in rotation when they get the tech down to do it. One more thing, if you think that the new map isn’t broken then you are in the minority.

I’m thrilled to be reminded time and time again that I live in this magical world where I apparently pay for nothing, Anet works for free and none of the money I spent on any microtransactions or the expansion is anyway whatsoever linked to any of the content or features they are now removing or cutting.

Of course, new WvW maps were listed in the advertisements for the expansion, so you’ll have to forgive me in being fooled into thinking that a portion of money I spent on that expansion went to pay those developer’s salaries, who apparently worked for pixie dust and lush verbal praise from Colin.

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

China Gw2 will let “Super Adventure Box” return !

How about our ?

winnie@BlackGate

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Bringing back a map we already overplayed and removing content we paid for won’t help at all and won’t make me launch the game again.

This so much.
I completely don’t understand people here. First they moan about Legendaries, because ‘we paid for them’ now they moan about deleting Desert Borderlands. Haven’t you paid for this? I do want Desert Borderlands in the game. I paid for them. I want them to be here. It’s part of HoT content. Of course there’s a lot of work that should be done. I am patient. I paid for this, maybe it’s not perfect but I wait untill they fix it. I do enjoy this map so much. Anyways, if you don’t like new Borderlands then I inform you that this game offers much more than just WvW. Plus there are other maps as well… As I said – I paid for this I’ll wait untill they fix it. Thank you
But…. If they DELETE IT because of MOANING of STUPID IDIOTS, the same ones that MOAN about LEGENDARIES, I am going to be seriously KITTENED that ARENANET is listening to NOOBS who are UNSATISFIED with EVERYTHING in the GAME.
Things need work, work needs time. Almost all of these people commenting here are inpatient as hell. That’s also the reason why they skipped half of HoT story that was planned to be done, and Caithe is a traitor. Trehearne and Eir killed. No mention of Malyck. Now the future of the Desert Borderlands. That’s the things that people here (on this forum) begged for and are begging for. These things more or less killed the new content.

Additional backstab to HoT when they delete Desert WvW.
Congratz. Delete the map I paid for. Come on beg and cry for it like a little children! But “OH NO I PAID FOR LEGENDARIES OMG OMG ARENANET I QUIT GAME” Stupid hypocrites. You should quit this game already and stop kittening it up with your emo, cries, moans and sadness.

You didn’t pay for the desert bl. That is a feature that is available to any one. They aren’t deleting the bl it will eventually be in rotation when they get the tech down to do it. One more thing, if you think that the new map isn’t broken then you are in the minority.

It’s part of the new content I paid for. It suits that content I paid for. Don’t want to change it. I want it to be fixed.
“One more thing "- If you think I said that the new map isn’t broken – then you cannot read with proper understanding of text people write.

Maybe it would be easier to read without your caps lock sticking.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: eNeRgOo.5463

eNeRgOo.5463

First they moan about Legendaries, because ‘we paid for them’ now they moan about deleting Desert Borderlands. Haven’t you paid for this?

Yeah, I did and it sucks, but I paid for something that has made WvW, one of the limited forms of end game content we have, worse.

It’s not the same as cutting Legendaries, because Legendaries have been what has held up the lack of end game content for a lot of players. I’m one of them. Working on Bifrost slowly over the years added a new dimension to playing PvE content that has provided no rewards of value beyond the first set of gear I acquired on my elementalist three months after launch.

But, hey, who needs reasons right when we can just make a high and mighty, ranty post that makes this overly broad and idiotic generalization that concludes that everybody moaning is moaning about the same stuff for the exact same reasons?

If Legendaries are the only thing that stops you in the game – You should really think about leaving for good, because your moaning can only kitten this game up. That’s my personal opinion.
Story fixes, Bug Fixes, Map Fixes, Event Fixes, Raid Fixes kitten all of these fixes>Legendaries
New Content>Legendaries
Guess what? Gemstore>Legendaries

Lots of players don’t have enough money and you people cry for things that costs sh-tons of gold, because you have them. Look how egoistic it is. You say “skip story, give legendaries”… It’s hard to be not kittened.

MY LOVELY EDIT:
The same situation is with you – WvW moaners. You don’t like the map, because it’s bugged so you want the old one back. What with people who fell in love with Desert Borderlands? Well? kitten THEM, WE WILL MOAN AND MOAN UNTILL WE GET IT.
Because it’s hard to please devs to prepare lots of bug fixes and write things into bug tracker, report them etc. Congratulations. I don’t even want to say what are you, because I believe I’d get ban quickly.

(edited by eNeRgOo.5463)

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

I appreciate your forthcoming and open attitude towards upcoming changes. As an achievement hunter, I especially appreciate you going out of your way to mention achievements that are being removed with enough time to finish them.

With any luck, you guys will have made some headway on making HoT playable, because personally, I am so incredibly bored, and have been for months.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Still can’t believe they made Trehearne gone and my character said to Caithe she’s traitor and wanted to kill her when in previous season it was “I trust Caithe, she knows what she’s doing. She’s thief so it’s her job” This is just out of my mind how screwed it got because of these kittening moaners.

I don’t believe for a second that HoT story’s plot devices were entirely due to forum posts.