When do u expect the lvl cap be raise?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

Have you notice the world map is much large than before?

Just recently I notice the world map have gotten bigger. There is a lot more areas that is not yet accessible. I am looking forward to more contents to explore so I can’t wait until we see them.

However, I wonder when they will be available and what level they will be. I can’t image the points of more low level areas as most low level areas are ghost towns anyway.

In the traditional mode we will be expecting they will be available in an expansion but in the living story mode I have to wonder. Since adding new areas and raising level caps are very big jobs and cost alot of money, I wonder how Anet is going to approach this and how they going to get their money back.

So whats your thoughts.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

My hope? They don’t.

The reality? Probably when a new continent opens up, we’ll see a level cap increase.

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Short answer: Never.

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

Your nuts. Level 80 is just fine for me.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

80 is already far too much padding. I said months and months ago if they ever raise the level cap I’m done with the game. I still hold true to that.

KeyOrion.9506

Well at least they made the XP level up the same. Try leveling up in Aion and see how long it takes you to just quit.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

If they do not for a long time we will see a sub class system way before higher level caps.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Hopefully after I become addicted to a different mmo :P

KeyOrion.9506

Is not level 80 enough?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Short answer: Never.

Agreed. If ANet truly wants to limit vertical progression then they’ll never raise the level cap.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

You folks are missing the problem.

The people like the OP? Yeah… that’s the mindset of the content locust Arena.net has to try and keep. They always want bigger numbers. And they will get it, because they represent the vast bulk of the MMO market.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

The leveling curves of the game is designed to be even at every level, so that way you can feel like you’re making the same progress as you would in the previous level. Given how fast it is to level in this game, they couldn’t just add 10 levels unless they break their original intent with making all levels the same curve in terms of time.

So basically, unless they break their manifesto even more, were not going to see more levels.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They still have ascended jewel crafting and cooking to release, so they’re good on vertical progression for the next ~6 months at least. After that, they planned on doing infusions, but the CDIs might have changed that. They also plan on continuously adding new heals/utilities/elites, which may or may not satisfy those wanting progression. They can also add ascended sigils and runes.

After that, they could either increase the level cap, add another tier of gear or drop vertical progression and accept the losses (but I assume most that needed vertical progression have already quit a year ago). It all depends on how they want to handle major expansions. At the very least, I’d say they have another year, 2 more realistically and 3 until progression comes to a halt.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Never. Because I don’t want to dredge up more ascended or higher grade armor/weapons ever again. I just want them to make new content, and focus on new engaging content instead of treadmilling me for 200 years.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Not at all?

/Charrs

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

The leveling curves of the game is designed to be even at every level, so that way you can feel like you’re making the same progress as you would in the previous level. Given how fast it is to level in this game, they couldn’t just add 10 levels unless they break their original intent with making all levels the same curve in terms of time.

So basically, unless they break their manifesto even more, were not going to see more levels.

The manifesto never mention anything about no level cap increases. In fact, in the video the producers said they are expected the level cap to be unlimited and will be increase steady in the future.

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Never.

Or else.

Not a personal threat, just an observation about this community. If you thought the Ascended gear fiasco was a fiasco, you’ve not seen nothin yet. And after that first fiasco, I’m sure they know it.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: Name.9625

Name.9625

I am not sure about raising the lvl cap. Imagine which impact it had on the trait system. They would have to give us 10 more points, which would end in an outcry of the new builds being oh so OP. Or they would have to say “Here you got 10 levels, but no real incentive to get them”

Not a good idea

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

About four hours before I never log in again.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

They only made the current cap 80 so people from other mmos would have an easier time to relate to alittle bit of the grind they were familiar with. But the devs ideal is to have horizontal progression from that point onwards.

Its like how there are no hearts in Orr after a while you don’t need the hand holding. GW1 got along fine with just 20 levels with any extra skill points used for crafting or consumables. Its not like any skill points you have now are going to waste with all the things you can craft with it.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

how do you mean the map got bigger?
It looks exactly the same as it has always looked

oh and never

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

The level cap should have stayed at 20. Raising it to 80 was already a mistake.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think after introducing Ascended gear caused such a storm, if ArenaNet have any wisdom whatsoever they are going to avoid raising the lvl cap.

If they ever do you will end up with a HUGE thread with players QQ about it.

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Hopefully never.
After spending so much time and effort getting ascended stuff for my main and alts,i would be well upset having to do it all again for a small lvl cap.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

80 is high enough, thanks very much.

I will admit, though, that it would be fun to play around with having more trait points. Maybe not in the main game, but in a special area built for it.

I should be writing.

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Hopefully never except a soft progression like they did in GW1 with PvE titles that gave bonuses and unlocked nice skills, or even Gw2’s WvW rank system for that matter. Basically any form of character progression that doesn’t increase your level, because anymore vertical level progression will lead to universal vertical gear progression as well. Something that wouldn’t go over well with the community.

(edited by Balekai.6083)

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Levels are stupid in a game like this. There never should have been levels but exp and skill points to learn and make your skills more powerful and to adjust your own personal stats.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I hope they never raise it, 80 is more than enough.

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

Yes, the rising of the level cap was mentioned already in an interview with Colin Johanson and Theo Nguyen

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/19473-interview-gw2-qa-cd-projekt-conference/

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The only reason we have levels is cause for some players levels are a selling point. Anet has suvvesfully proven to those that levels are a bunch of hot air. So there won’t be any increase ever, nor is it needed.

Also, the map did not get any bigger and always have been this size.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

I don’t think I’ve noticed anything new on the map. Also, the game already has 60-80 more levels than it should have along with vertical gear progression. Already a fact of great annoyance for me, but I’ve continued to support them anyway.

However, If they add more levels (or gear tiers), that support will end and I’ll be done with Anet. I admit that 2011 interview posted by mesme is something that concerns me, but hopefully that won’t actually happen.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Martrim.1078

Martrim.1078

No point in raising the level cap, everybody just crafts to max lvl anyway.

Takara Chan ~ (Thief)
Tamoko Chan ~ (Necro)
[PYRO] #MagSwag

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

Hopefully Never. What value does a higher level Cap bring? Nothing but hours of mindless grind. There is something called a power curve. The point that more level brings nothing more, your level goes up, but so does the enemy’s level. What does that result in, besides precious rl time waisted? Nothing. The challinge doesnt become bigger. I remember the days when in games you had no leveling, only gaining new traits etc. And they where much more challinging than the games whe have nowadays.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Even if they open new maps, why make them 80+? Adding more low level maps works just as well.

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

Level cap increase will probably be in expansion.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Hopefully never.
You don’t need a level cap raise. You don’t need more trait points to make balancing hard as hell.

It’s the last thing the game needs really.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

they wont increase it. It will go full ape kitten crazy around here if they raise lvl cap beyond 80.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Hopefully never.

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

I don’t see a reason to raise, or not raise either. Level doesn’t really means much in GW2 anyway. If they ever relase a traditional expansion with at least 10 regions, separating those with levels a lil bit (just like below 80 regions now) would be healthy.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I hope for it…

And when? The only point where it would make sense is with an Expansion…
Once that takes us into complete new regions of the Game.

If we get for example with an Expansion to Cantha, a place that is by far no beginner continent then anymore that doesn’t need any tutorial/ low level maps, we could start all with 80 there and could go for 150.

Reasons why I think Level Cap increases will come:

- To have more options to make more epic scaled tough monsters that stay alsoin some years later challenges and to give players the continous feeling of Character Progression, because when CP is stagnant, a game very quickly becomes boring.

- To keep also in future the incentivation for players to buy Transmutation Crystals or maybe a new type of Transmutation Item that is especially needed for Stuff above Lvl 80

- To broaden the Trait System making that way more Build Diversity together with Sub Classes to progress in.

People always seem to forget, that MMORPG’s are games, that get designed to be played for multiple years. GW2 just has 1 year and soon a half behind itself and will have many years still in front of it to pass by, when you remin yourself that GW1 already is around 9 years old !! 2015 it has its 10 year anniversary, don’t forget this.
However, GW1 got from begin on completely differently designed than GW2.

GW2 is more of a tranditional MMORPG, that got designed to fit into the demographic tastes of traditional MMORPG’ers world wide.
They are brief before to release GW2 in China…

A Game like GW2 with Level 80 is nothing for them.. they are experienced with games, that have much higher level caps (100 at a least! since its for them and their very populated FF games the absolute standard for them, they know nothign different, than this level Cap of 99/100, even FF11 has this cap and 14 surely will get it also in the future, so much about their standard)

IM sure, Anet absolutely calculated it, that alot of players will leave GW2, if they raise the level Cap, because they know, it will lure also alot of new players to the game and GW2 will get new players anyway once they release the game in other teritories, like Asia ect. where this Game hasn#t been officially released yet.

They also have implemented Ascended Items fully knowing very well, that alot of players would leave the game, because they know, that absolutely never will be able to please everybody, but anet has to make money and this means, they will always take the route with the game, where they think, its best for the game and choose the route, that will most likely guarantee for the game to stay healthy for the next years to come (and their mother company NCSoft that is an asian company from South Korea as far as I know).

Raising the Level Cap gives the developers just more freedom for creative new content that is challenging and that gives the player the feeling of progression, that there will be also new content, that you can’t directly faceroll through, once its there, without always raising enemies max health only

We even have fricking TOMES, that instantly give us a Level up
Every Dungeon run is also basicalyl a guaranteed Level Up.

Those with legendary equipment will also have to fear nothing, because this kind of equipment will be always the best and get upgraded automatically, regardless of what gets raised… We will surely see in future also legendary trinckets and legendary armors and these thigns will surely get implemented into GW2, before we will see any kind of Level Cap increase.

@ Dalris:
The downside that those people see is, that they think they have wasted alot of time, when the level cap gets increased and that their “progress” basically gets resetted, when it fact, it gets only expanded, because reset would mean, that you start again from a scratch from 0, what would mean becoming a lvl 1 chara with lvl 1 equip.
So people are already at that point wrong.
People have problems with it to work on new equipment.
They think that if the level cap gets increased, that the equipment also gets increased.
But they forget, that even if this happens, GW2 provides an easy way to get your looks and the stats you want and thats what exactly Anet wants – incentivize people also in future to use transmutation items .

ANet has never ever ruled out officialyl that Level Cap increases will never happen. In fact, the interviews ect. about it sounded always very piositive towards an increase so far to the point, that the reader of the interview could think, that its just a matter of time and that Anet is just waiting only for the right moment and that would I do too in their case.
The right moment in MMOs is mostly always with expansions.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

If they increase the level cap that will be it for me. There are a ton of new titles being released in 2014, and I would rather play something fresh than grind 7 characters to a new level cap and then have to re-gear them once there.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

They should never have gone with 80 in the first place. GW1’s level cap was 20 and could be achieved over a weekend and still left you with around 80% of the world to explore because your level was superfluous – it was there just to get you into the game. After 20, your skill set was all that mattered, not some mindless grind to endgame.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

What with the amount of time and/or gold required to acquire Ascended armor, we’ll see quite the kittenstorm whenever they decide to raise the levelcap…

Hopefully, they won’t. But I know they didn’t eliminate that possibility >_>

Also, I can’t see why we couldn’t broaden up the trait system without a level cap increase.

Polka will never die

Posted by: Paffus Piffus.9430

Paffus Piffus.9430

What with the amount of time and/or gold required to acquire Ascended armor, we’ll see quite the kittenstorm whenever they decide to raise the levelcap…

Hopefully, they won’t. But I know they didn’t eliminate that possibility >_>

Also, I can’t see why we couldn’t broaden up the trait system without a level cap increase.

With the community you have here, you will see a kittenstorm no matter what happens, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse forum in all my years of gaming!

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Level cap RAISE?!

I want it decreased.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Firstly I’m pretty sure the map is the same as it’s always been. There’s always been a lot of labelled, unused, areas around the edges.

Secondly I assume if they ever do raise the level cap it will be when they release an expansion. Whether that’s a boxed release, a digital upgrade or a free update like the existing ones raising the level cap would only make sense alongside a big release of new content.

However that doesn’t mean they have to raise the level cap if they make an expansion. GW1 never did (and I’m sure I remember hearing they started at 20 so they could raise it without the numbers getting ridiculous) and there are many other ways GW2 could add new content, even new difficultly that don’t require adding levels.

Personally I’d prefer them not to. I really like the freedom of either playing games without levels or reaching the level cap and then being able to go anywhere and do whatever I want without worrying about if it’s what I’m supposed to be doing – the content the developers have parcelled out to me based on my level.

But it’s also not the end of the world if they do raise it. Levelling is pretty easy in this game and I can’t see them changing that so I’ll just have to do the extra bit and then carry on as before.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Hell 80 is too high as it is… Im all for knocking it back down to 20

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Yah me too. GW1 was soo less grindy..

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

The big issue is that if they raise the level cap they’ll also most likely introduce new abilities and new gear. I don’t think anyone cares so much about the level cap so much as the knock on effect it will have in terms of ‘out dating’ your gear, and abilities and what not. For example people have spent a long time grinding themselves ascended year, if ANet were to increase the level cap then they’d invalidate all that effort leaving a lot of players very unhappy. Basically the horrors of the gear treadmill goes hand in hand with level cap.

But there is another option. ANet changes how gear works, I don’t know something like making gear scalable, so if you have ascended gear for 80 it’s just as useful for level 90. Of course then one might ask why increase the level cap at all.

how do you mean the map got bigger?
It looks exactly the same as it has always looked

oh and never

My thoughts as well… if true this would be far more interesting topic to discuss then level caps.

Or at least a conceptually nicer number. Say 50, 50 seems like a nice number, 60 seems so… wrong. Maybe 40 but I’m not really feeling it either. Definitely nothing like 46 or 59.
I guess 80 is just a number they plucked out of the air in anycase (or more correctly out of WoW).

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I’d love to see it go to 90, just because of traits. A lot of new builds could open up with 10 extra points. However I really don’t have any desire to grind all new gear and weapons. My main is fully ascended, and it’ll probably be my only toon like that. I have no desire to keep grinding more gear levels.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)