Which profession can heal allies?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The Worthy.5109

The Worthy.5109

Q:

My girlfriend and I want to start playing this game. But she only plays healers in games. So which profession can heal allies? And which profession can deal the most DPS?

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

A:

Honestly, I believe all professions can share heals to some degree. Having said that, the 2 biggest group healers are Druid (Ranger Elite Spec.) and Elementalist.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Every profession can heal allies … even thief.

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

Elementalist – water attunement, water spec, tempest elite spec

Ranger – traps, spirits, shouts, some pets, nature magic spec, druid elite spec

Engineer – turrets, med kit, elixer gun, alchemy inventions and tools specs

Revenant – staff, legendary centaur

Guardian – staff, mace + focus/shield, honor spec

Necromancer – blood spec

Warrior – banners and shouts, tactics and dicipline specs, warhorn

Mesmer – inspiration spec

Thief – shadow refuge…

If she wants a “traditional healer” she’ll want to play elementalist(water/tempest), ranger(druid), revenant (centaur), engineer, or guardian. Other classes can provide party wide healing, and can be quite efficient at it, but they do so mostly through passive healing. Whereas these classes have more active options to healing.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

(edited by Panda.1967)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Elementalist – water attunement, water spec, tempest elite spec

Ranger – traps, spirits, shouts, some pets, nature magic spec, druid elite spec

Engineer – turrets, med kit, elixer gun, alchemy inventions and tools specs

Revenant – staff, legendary centaur

Guardian – staff, mace + focus/shield, honor spec

Necromancer – blood spec

Warrior – banners and shouts, tactics and dicipline specs, warhorn

Mesmer – inspiration spec

Thief – shadow refuge…

If she wants a “traditional healer” she’ll want to play elementalist(water/tempest), ranger(druid), revenant (centaur), engineer, or guardian. Other classes can provide party wide healing, and can be quite efficient at it, but they do so mostly through passive healing. Whereas these classes have more active options to healing.

This is by far the most complete and correct answer.

Having said that some builds will be easier to heal with and some will be focussed more on other things:

Elementalist is more ao f a pure heal spec while playing water It will heal for a lot, damage is low sustain depends on the choice of armor. More a stand off healer.
At present it’s the #2 choice for healers in game, with the auramancer (bunker) spec being meta (first choice) in WvW

Ranger is a slightly less capable healer compared to water elementalist, but will heal decent, it is more bursty then elementalist and positioning will be more important.
Added benefit is the option to give good buffs to damage. more a stand off healer
Druids are seen as the first choice of healer in game for PvE.

Guardians is more of a melee spec healer if used in this fashion
Mace/focus and virtue of resolve healing on symbols will allow guardian to be at the front of fights,. while supporting it alles, healing is limited and the focus is in a very small radius

Shout heal warrior will be oriented to fight, and clean conditions, while heling small amounts Not a full healer , and not haeling as much as the guardian.

Revenant is a very solid healer for a heavy class. It will bring good healing over time. and can be a good healer at medium range. A solid backup for druid and elementalist.

Necromancer is a light class and can tranfuse health from enemies to alies.
Being devoted to lifesteal, it will likley feel different compared to healers. It mostly depends on 1 burst and is powerfull with good self-sustain, not having to drop a lot of damage to allow for healing.

Engineer can have healing with the medkit, or healing turrets, being basic heals. it will do it’s job, but to me doesn’t feel like a healer

Mesmer has acces to a AoE healing field, regeneratoon on clones and more things, it also doesn’t feel like ahealer but can do the job

Thief is more likely the least likely to be healer, but will do the job.

Now having gone over all professions I do need to say:

• In nearly all content healing is less important as most players should be able to self sustain, through dodges and self heals. People using more supportive builds can often reduce the need for healers (people carrying aoe healing fields, or giving a lot of regen)
  • The use of healers is mostly for high level content only.
  • In all case focussing on healing can lead to low DPS and difficult tagging.
  • most heals require an above average knowledeg of encounters. as often enemy dps comes in peaks. having little of no heals available will significantly lower the use of the healer.
  • healers function is to keep all (DPS) players above 90% in PvE content as they often run runes and traits for more dmg above 90% health. You need to be able to see this.
  • In case of necromancers some builds will do better dmg at low amounts of health… this will make healers counter productive.
23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

If we’re talking about which one “feels” the most like a typical MMO Healer, then Elementalist is probably on the money, followed by Druid.

Elementalists wear light armor (robes and cloth), are squishy but have strong Healing and Versatility. Slap a Staff on them and they’re pretty much the archetypical Spellcaster. They can also be played like a healer from the very get-go, as they start the game with access to Water Attunement.

Druids wear Medium armor (leather and trenchcoats), are less squishy and have a Pet to help them. But they require some proximity to heal properly and are entirely resource-based, not to mention that she’d have to level a Ranger to 80 first (Which is hardly a Healer whatsoever, only able to apply some Regeneration through traits and summon Spirits to buff allies).

Guardians are Paladins in all but name. Heavy Armor, smite enemies and heal allies yada yada. If she wanna follow you into melee side-by-side, Guardian’s the way to go. They can also be played from the get-go as Healers, as most of their Healing comes from Weapon Skills on Mace, Shield and Staff.

Revenants also wears Heavy Armor, but will pump out the best healing of the Core Professions with Legendary Centaur stance. Lack of ranged weapons means they typically need to be close too.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Healing guard is so Kreygasm. Thi i one of the main reasons i pray this game so much, The healing classe play really differently to a point where not 2 classes share a similar playstyle and i can apreciate that. With that being said Ventari rev is like the best deigned healing class iv seen in any mmo. To bod none of them brings a 10% dmg buff… oh w8 1 does…

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I play a condition healer on my Engineer, Ranger, Guardian

Guardian seems to be the easiest though Ranger is a strong second now.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I play a condition healer on my Engineer, Ranger, Guardian

Guardian seems to be the easiest though Ranger is a strong second now.

Since you didnt actually say anything about the engineer in the second line, I will just fill in the gap and mention that the engineer is the kittentiest healer in the game. An ele heal more watching paint dry than an engineer playing the piano on skills.