Why is crafting forced down our throats?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CynicalFred.9135

CynicalFred.9135

I’ll start off by saying i hate crafting…. I’ve never liked it and probably never will, i think the only game i ever did bother with it in was SW;TOR and that was because you didn’t actually need to waste your time with it.
I can accept that i’ll never have a legendary weapon on that basis, because it’s just a QOL thing as well as a neat skin, but after a long time away i come back to find that the new stat combos are exclusive to crafting professions. It would be one thing if you could buy them on the TP for significantly more than they’re actually worth… i’m fine with that because I consider it a worthwhile price to pay to avoid crafting but if it’s the case that those stat combos will be unobtainable unless by the waste of time that is crafting (which i don’t think i’ll ever have the right words to describe my disgust with) then i think i’m going to have to look for another game.

I bought gw2 shortly after launch, actually pre-purchased HoT and i had planed to purchase future expansions but…. It just feels like a violation of a boundary that’s always been there, crafting has always been optional and the rewards have always been cosmetic/QoL. Entirely new stat combos only obtainable through crafting crosses the line in my mind, so while i don’t want to be one of those people going on the forums shouting “change it or else” i thought i might express my displeasure, even if it is a little late, and maybe some other people will echo those sentiments.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Yeah – the “Account Bound on Acquire” nature of the new stat combos confuses me as well. And it’s not even simply the HoT ones – Zealots and Marauder stats can’t be trading-posted either.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

that’s Anet for yah, they start with “everything is optional” but end up with “you need to do it”
same with their S3, you need HoT or you can’t play it, that’s like saying “you need to smoke or you don’t get your payday”…..

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

same with their S3, you need HoT or you can’t play it, that’s like saying “you need to smoke or you don’t get your payday”…..

No, it’s more like you needing to get that required certification you didnt have when you got hired 29 days ago.

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Not true… but point taken.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I think there is a lot of merit to having the best stat combos in the game locked behind a “wall” so to speak with crafting. It makes sure that you put in the work to earn those stat combos that blow regular ones away. So no, I don’t think they should be allowed on the TP.

However, I don’t think it would have hurt too much to put them in vendors for rather large amounts of tokens in the HoT maps. Perhaps something like a special insignia that allows you to change the stats on your weapons/armor through the mystic forge, but it would have to be expensive. Several thousand currency for each item if all you had to do was buy it.

CynicalFred.9135

I think there is a lot of merit to having the best stat combos in the game locked behind a “wall” so to speak with crafting. It makes sure that you put in the work to earn those stat combos that blow regular ones away. So no, I don’t think they should be allowed on the TP.

However, I don’t think it would have hurt too much to put them in vendors for rather large amounts of tokens in the HoT maps. Perhaps something like a special insignia that allows you to change the stats on your weapons/armor through the mystic forge, but it would have to be expensive. Several thousand currency for each item if all you had to do was buy it.

Fine by me as long as similar accommodations are made for WvW. I don’t object to having to work to get the best stuff, I simply object to that work being in the form of crafting, which as far as i’m concerned has never been anything except a distraction from actual gameplay.

Posted by: Sphinx.8014

Sphinx.8014

@OP: personally, I don’t mind crafting. In fact, I may even like it. But I think that you have a very good point. I really don’t get it, why the HoT armors and weapons aren’t tradeable. At least the marauder/crusader (?) gear should be. For the others, they seem to be meant as a reward for playing HoT / getting the masteries, but it would also be beneficial to crafters if they could sell their stuff.

They would probably have to limit purchases to those who own HoT, but I doubt that that’s the problem.

that’s Anet for yah, they start with “everything is optional” but end up with “you need to do it”

You do realize that LS3 is based on the HoT story and that it would make absolutely no sense for anyone without HoT, right?

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I agree, I’ve always avoided crafting in MMOs. It took me 2 (?) years to finally convince myself to craft Ascended gear for my Necro main. I am sooo glad I’m a mainoholic because I will never touch crafting again! It was annoying and tedious.

Once I looked up how to craft Mawdrey and I didn’t even start because it was just too overcomplicated. Why do I need 784647 items and “steps” to craft one thing? It’s a nightmare!

Attachments:

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Well, I like crafting, and I enjoyed crafting Mawdrey and the scavenger hunt aspect of it too. Not all gamers are the same.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I wish there were more discoverable recipes. I like crafting but there are too few recipes and many are locked behind content, account bound, require expensive material, and otherwise gated to make them a challenge to make.

All crafts are maxed out and i find nothing discoverable any more. It make me sad and bored. Xp from crafting is worthless and my materials all go toward ascended stuff.

Please create more hidden, complicated recipes with unique skins and attributes.

Cooking recipes are more fun because there is so much variety and the cost is not prohibitive.

Bring some fun back to crafting with new and complicated discoverable gear that is for L80 and below. Recipes should not all be ever more expensive to make.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

I don’t mind crafting but I hate that everything is account bound. Forcing people with multiple accounts or friends and family that play to all max crafting is pretty lame. In many games with crafting you only need 1 person in the guild to do it and they can make everything for everyone in the guild. It would be nice if everything was only bound on equip/skin unlock. Especially exotic and under, there is no reason that any exotic stat combo should be unavailable to anyone.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Well, I like crafting, and I enjoyed crafting Mawdrey and the scavenger hunt aspect of it too. Not all gamers are the same.

Which is an argument for multiple means to gain desirable virtual stuff, not an argument to support exclusive access through one preference.

I’m with the OP. I’d much prefer a different means of acquisition, like WvW reward tracks. Account bound I’m OK with. Crafting kills kittens.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

It would be awesome to craft a variety of town clothes (outfits) for role play.

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Ascended Armor and Weapons can be obtained through:

Crafting (Long process, Expensive, but certain what you’ll get)
PvE: Fractals (RNG)
PvE: Raids (RNG and Vendor)
PvE: World Bosses (RNG)
PvP: Reward Tracks (RNG)

Ascended can be scratched off the list of “Crafting Exclusivities” from the get-go, just getting that done before moving on to my actual point.

Neither Marauder nor Crusader (The two new “Exclusive” stat combos for crafting) are optimal in either game mode. They add flavor and diversity but under no circumstances are they necessery to the point where “Crafting is forced down your throat.” In most cases, Berserker or Cleric fills their roles better, and you can pretty much match their effects by mixing gear (Berserker/Valkyrie and Cavalier/Cleric respectively) anyway.

That you Want these stat combos does not mean that you Need them in order to play the game. Crafting is still very much optional and by no means are you required to do it to play any content or experience any game mode whatsoever.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

CynicalFred.9135

@TheSwede.9512 spoken like somebody who’s never tried to get ascended gear through RNG. I’m not even complaining about that, i figure i’ll get it when (if ever) i get it, but in the meantime i’ve got to get used to the idea of exotic gear and marauder would be the best choice for me.
Technically you don’t need gear at all to play the game, but i think most would argue that they want that gear. The only thing you need to play the game, if you want to look at it from that point of view, is the will to do so. You can still technically play it even without weapons or armor or traits, you’d just experience severely reduced quality of life and overall have less fun, which is what the topic is about.

TheSwede.9512

@TheSwede.9512 spoken like somebody who’s never tried to get ascended gear through RNG. I’m not even complaining about that, i figure i’ll get it when (if ever) i get it, but in the meantime i’ve got to get used to the idea of exotic gear and marauder would be the best choice for me.
Technically you don’t need gear at all to play the game, but i think most would argue that they want that gear. The only thing you need to play the game, if you want to look at it from that point of view, is the will to do so. You can still technically play it even without weapons or armor or traits, you’d just experience severely reduced quality of life and overall have less fun, which is what the topic is about.

Well, suppose that makes me as much an authority on Ascended RNG as you are on crafting, then. See, I can do passive-aggressive too and it’s none too pretty, now is it?

Taking things to the extreme there with your little analogy, as well. Neither Marauder nor Crusader creates a playstyle that widely differs from playstyles you can access through the use of other stat combos with similar and often-times better effect. The “Quality of life” is limited only to the part where you get to have “Marauder’s Breastplate of X” on your character sheet.

Again, Berserker/Valkyrie mix is basically the same as Marauder. Berserker Weapons/Trinkets with Valkyrie Armor, and you’re basically at Marauder already. Fraction of the effort, all the same effect.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Fine by me as long as similar accommodations are made for WvW. I don’t object to having to work to get the best stuff, I simply object to that work being in the form of crafting, which as far as i’m concerned has never been anything except a distraction from actual gameplay.

No. These are rewards for playing through the HoT maps. If someone could get them without ever stepping foot in HoT maps then it would defeat the purpose of them being exclusive to that region.

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Again, Berserker/Valkyrie mix is basically the same as Marauder. Berserker Weapons/Trinkets with Valkyrie Armor, and you’re basically at Marauder already. Fraction of the effort, all the same effect.

Actual marauder gear will have 9.5% more stats overall.

TheSwede.9512

Actual marauder gear will have 9.5% more stats overall.

9.5% more stats due to being a Quadruple set yep, but in return less Power than Berserker/Valkyrie. The overall feel will remain the same and performance won’t differ all too noticably.

CynicalFred.9135

Well, suppose that makes me as much an authority on Ascended RNG as you are on crafting, then. See, I can do passive-aggressive too and it’s none too pretty, now is it?

Taking things to the extreme there with your little analogy, as well. Neither Marauder nor Crusader creates a playstyle that widely differs from playstyles you can access through the use of other stat combos with similar and often-times better effect. The “Quality of life” is limited only to the part where you get to have “Marauder’s Breastplate of X” on your character sheet.

I’m sorry for you that you chose to see my reply as passive aggressive… I can only imagine what it must be like to live in a world where everything is some sort of attack as opposed to someone just trying to talk to you. What i’m trying to point out is that saying you need something to be able to play a videogame short of the pre-requisites to actually launch and run the game is a dead end. The point is how can we decide on a solution where the most amount of players are enjoying themselves. I don’t feel like a way to acquire the four stat exotics outside of crafting is to much to ask, whatever that way might be.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Yeah – the “Account Bound on Acquire” nature of the new stat combos confuses me as well. And it’s not even simply the HoT ones – Zealots and Marauder stats can’t be trading-posted either.

I think anything you craft should be able to be sold. I stumbled upon the recipe for Radiance which unknown to me at the time sucked down 50 ectos. It was account bound on acquire. I already had a staff of higher stats and really couldn’t do anything with it except salvage it. I only got 3 ectos back and of course unlocked the skin. I think if you craft it, the skin should be unlocked and it should be able to be listed for sell.

Posted by: Belexes.4923

Belexes.4923

No. These are rewards for playing through the HoT maps. If someone could get them without ever stepping foot in HoT maps then it would defeat the purpose of them being exclusive to that region.

“The Provisions Master now has a sixth pip that allows players to buy Heart of Thorns™ recipes, sigils, and runes from the Heroics Notary vendor for proofs of heroics and gold.”

You were saying?

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Why do people think it’s acceptable to complain they want something in an MMO but turn around and say that they aren’t willing to do what is necessary to get it … and somehow, that’s a completely reasonable complaint in their mind.
It’s time to stop the ‘participation medal’ BS. You don’t like crafting, then don’t complain if you can’t get the gear that needs you to craft it. It’s ridiculous. Paying for game access does not entitle you to ‘win’ or ‘choose your own adventure’.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Why do people think it’s acceptable to complain they want something in an MMO but turn around and say that they aren’t willing to do what is necessary to get it … and somehow, that’s a completely reasonable complaint in their mind.

Because games should be fun, and because crafting is about as far from fun as this game gets.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

“The Provisions Master now has a sixth pip that allows players to buy Heart of Thorns™ recipes, sigils, and runes from the Heroics Notary vendor for proofs of heroics and gold.”

You were saying?

They are still exclusive to HoT. (Very little is exclusive to a given map, since ANet introduced PvP and now WvW reward tracks.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Belexes.4923

Belexes.4923

You were saying?

They are still exclusive to HoT. (Very little is exclusive to a given map, since ANet introduced PvP and now WvW reward tracks.)

These rewards are not at all exclusive to a Hot map as you can get them in WvW without ever stepping foot into a Hot map.

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

I don’t mind crafting in general, but the way it is implemented in this game is overkill. A bazillion recipes and a bazillion materials. Its kind of overwhelming.

I’m also fine w/ account bound. It is much better than before when it was all soul bound.

(edited by Will.9785)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

You were saying?

These rewards are not at all exclusive to a Hot map as you can get them in WvW without ever stepping foot into a Hot map.

He didn’t say they were.

He said they were HoT exclusive. Meaning that you must own HoT to obtain them.

CynicalFred.9135

It’s time to stop the ‘participation medal’ BS. You don’t like crafting, then don’t complain if you can’t get the gear that needs you to craft it. It’s ridiculous. Paying for game access does not entitle you to ‘win’ or ‘choose your own adventure’.

I love the fact that you’re complaining about not giving participation medals in a game where you can literally get a participation medal.
Also to be clear, i’m fine with actual gameplay being the barrier for entry to new stuff. If those exotics were part of new raid wings I wouldn’t be complaining…. granted i might never get around to getting them but i would have no reason for complaint. My issue is that crafting has always been a supplement which was used to acquire gear faster or for cheaper and to make gold selling the gear you made on the trading post. Now it’s become a wall behind which a unique set of gear has been placed. Honestly, just making that gear not account bound would stimulate the economy and i suspect it would make crafters feel more useful and valued on the whole than just crafting one set and forgetting about it.

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

I can accept that i’ll never have a legendary weapon on that basis….

stopped reading after this…..i know countless people who have 0 on any crafting and have numerous legendary weapons using non legit ways…sure you don’t want to buy from TP, then go the illegal way, buy from some gold seller, problem solved.

Your happy, hes happy he can feed his 15+ children.

note that i hate those kind of people(buyers) but thats there business.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

Posted by: TheShniper.1852

TheShniper.1852

How about instead of crafting your gear you can get it from an unlimited gear grind from those infernal things called raids. I onow its hard to sit around for 30 minutes to craft 1-500 then make a set in 5 minutes (excluding gold farming time) but cmon. If the game just handed you gear/ skins you would make this thread to complain about no effort to get said armor because thats how forum complainers work

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

I don’t hate having to craft. Having acct bound only stats is alright.

1200 flax isn’t. 1200 flax is never okay. Who can farm that on their own? Who could possibly in their right mind farm 1200 flax when you get 1-2 a node at one node at every 3s? That’s a minimum of 30min to an hour of pressing ‘f’ with out going from node to node nor taking into account the maximum number of flax nodes generated in the world at a time (which is actually really small).

Legendary weapons are the only comparable thing to this as you need an equally large number of wood/metal. Here’s the thing though, ancient wood and orichalcum give 3-5 a node and can be salvaged. The only plant mat needed for legends cap out at 250.

1200 flax for a set of armor is too much, WHEN ITS ONLY AN EXOTIC SET OF ARMOR.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

“Shoved down our throats”

Pretty graphic, unnecessary and disrespectful title name that I have trouble taking seriously, especially since maxing any branch but scribe takes a week at most, and is wholly unnecessary for ascended gear

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

Can’t say I’ve ever felt that crafting has been “shoved down our throats”. I ignored crafting for a long time, then a few months ago decided to level some crafting skills up, just because I felt like it.

I also play all 3 of the game modes and have never needed or had ascended gear. I’ve only ever got 1 ascended weapon from fighting a world boss a long time ago. Are you wanting to do raids and the groups are saying they want you to have ascended armour or something?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You were saying?

If you read the post to which I was responding and what I wrote, you’d see the context of my remarks and that, by the way, I don’t disagree with you.

There was an argument about whether the stats were meant to be gated at all and someone said, yes, gated behind HoT maps. Someone pointed out the provisioner ability in WvW, which turns out to allow people to get the stats without entering the HoT maps.

And I pointed out that the ability is still gated behind HoT. (And additionally that even such things that depend on specific maps can be obtained via reward tracks.)

So to conclude:

• Certain stats gated behind HoT.
  • None of those stats are gated to participation in particular PvE maps.

In other words, I’m not sure why you responded to my post.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

I maxed all crafting when the game first came out then upped it all when we got 500. It’s not only not hard but doesn’t even take long to do. Now that you can get a guide that walks you through it, if you wanted 500 in weaponsmith for an ascended weapon it’s no harder than a) reading and b) having the mats. You should have the mats if you’ve been playing pve but if not, you’ll need to get them off the TP.

Mawdrey was a terrible example to use earlier on, I love crafting and thought that was just a horrible quest / exercise.

Ascended – once you’ve got your whatever it is to 500 via the guide – then you are gated which is annoying. But a lot less annoying (apparently) than not having what you want. I find crafting fun, if you do not then get a guide and just see it as a task. One mans “yay tons of recipes” is another mans “too many things too make, too confuse”. That’s what the guides are for, minimum of effort for maximum crafting level.

“There should be other ways to get stuff” – but there aren’t. I’m not saying don’t raise it as an issue / complaint but don’t let it ruin your life. Get a guide, get the gear, complain in the relevant places.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well if you look at it all:

• only the basic vanilla stats are available easily
  • then you have the dungeon stats: rabid/dire/shaman/magi, stats easily available from salvaged dungeon gear
  • then you have southsun release stat Aphotecary, which is account bound if I’m correct, but I’m notsure about it tbh…
  • then you have the zephyrite introduced all stat Celestial, not tradable and TIMEGATED
  • then you have “new stats” Zealot, Sinister, Nomads for LS S2 and previous story parts, crafted only, but since LSS2 account bound.
  • then you have HoT stats, new stats v2.0 Commander, Minstrel, Viper, Trailblazer, Wanderer, Crusader, and some. account bound to minimize non HoT people getting new stats…

Celestial has proven to be virtually indestructible in PvP and WvW, Time gate was there to not make it easy for ppl to aquire the set. then again 2 months to make gear for 1 character purely based on timegate is beyond me.
HoT is required for easy acces to HoT stats… the jewels are tradable,but the rest is a pain, but HoT. I can imagine Arenanet making a way to incentivize players to buy HoT…..

I use Plain recipe’s to craft HoT armor and change stats where needed… this works for me, saving me 60 linseed oils and the some

I understand you seem have problems wanting to start crafting stuff, My suggestion would be get your Asncended weapons, join raidin’ groups which allow exotic armor (few/training guilds and earn money until you an buy your armor and trinkets. It’s a very long way around, but you do not want the easy way…..

Said being a level 500 weaponsmith, Huntsman, Artificer, Armorsmith, leatherworker & tailor, while also being lvl 400 Scribe, Jeweler and cook.

The crafting system in gw2 is pretty easy, except for scribe and cook which have a lot of chained recipe’s…
Jeweler is mostly useless, as ascneded trinkets/amulets and rings can be earned so fast in normal gameplay

So for 60% of the stats you’ll be crafting, or a very fanatical RNG box hunter.
If you make ascneded or get ascended via alternate routed you’ll still need lvl 400 crafting to make insignia’s or inscriptions… more weapons and trinkets can be earned in raids.. and will likely appear with ls s3,

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I love the fact that you’re complaining about not giving participation medals in a game where you can literally get a participation medal.
Also to be clear, i’m fine with actual gameplay being the barrier for entry to new stuff. If those exotics were part of new raid wings I wouldn’t be complaining…. granted i might never get around to getting them but i would have no reason for complaint. My issue is that crafting has always been a supplement which was used to acquire gear faster or for cheaper and to make gold selling the gear you made on the trading post. Now it’s become a wall behind which a unique set of gear has been placed. Honestly, just making that gear not account bound would stimulate the economy and i suspect it would make crafters feel more useful and valued on the whole than just crafting one set and forgetting about it.

I’m not sure I understand the difference: If it’s gated behind something you may never do (Raids), because reason, it’s ok; but if it’s gated behind something you may never do (Crafting) because don’t like it, it’s not ok.

I suppose one must decide if the item one desires is worth the effort/time/cost. If not, no real cause for complaint. If so, then…well, no real cause for complaint. =)

Posted by: Famine.3164

Famine.3164

I don’t hate having to craft. Having acct bound only stats is alright.

1200 flax isn’t. 1200 flax is never okay. Who can farm that on their own? Who could possibly in their right mind farm 1200 flax when you get 1-2 a node at one node at every 3s? That’s a minimum of 30min to an hour of pressing ‘f’ with out going from node to node nor taking into account the maximum number of flax nodes generated in the world at a time (which is actually really small).

Legendary weapons are the only comparable thing to this as you need an equally large number of wood/metal. Here’s the thing though, ancient wood and orichalcum give 3-5 a node and can be salvaged. The only plant mat needed for legends cap out at 250.

1200 flax for a set of armor is too much, WHEN ITS ONLY AN EXOTIC SET OF ARMOR.

While I do agree it’s a bit much, I have 10 characters at the flax farm spot. You can get flax at a decent pace..

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

You’re aware of the attribute change of ascended equipment, right?

Buy/craft/loot any ascended armor, craft only viper/commander insignia and transmute it in MF to a viper/commander ascended armor set.

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Getting to level 400 in crafting for exotics takes 15 minutes with a guide.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Crafting is what adds value to the majority of the items you get as drops. Without it, you’d just vendor everything because no one would want to buy it from you on the TP.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

then go the illegal way, buy from some gold seller, problem solved.

I stopped reading after this. Surely you can’t be serious you’re suggesting the OP or whoever to buy from gold sellers, something which is a bannable offence?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: cakemonkey.6347

cakemonkey.6347

I think a lot of games use crafting as a way to inflate how much playable content they have. Hey look we have 400 hours of play! 380 of that is in crafting!

The biggest issues I have with crafting is that you can get jewelcrafting stuff in ascended without crafting. Why did jewelcrafters get left out(or luck out depending how you view it) but everything else you have to craft. Why aren’t there other ways to get the same gear? It’s also timegated, and grindy as anything, which in my mind leads to my first point above.

There seems to be no logical reason to not have this stuff be purchased with the 8 billion currencies in the game already. I mean give us a currency converter since there’s so many currencies at this point if that’s what it takes. Just stop with the forced crafting and low drop rates already.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The rewards for playing through the HoT maps are the Reclaimed, Auric, Plated, and Machined weapon skins, and Bladed and Leystone armor skins.

Frankly, I think the people who craft the new stat combos should be able to sell them for profit.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I hate crafting as well but it is even more tedious in GW2.
I have no answers on how to make it better but I will NEVER craft another asc armor set again. Just too tedious…. Too bad i never get drops either…

Forever Exotic….

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I’m going to guess it’s to stop core-game owners gaining access to HoT stats easily on the Trading Post. Perhaps if GW2 Core + HoT is included with the next expansion then the account bound on acquire tag will be removed from HoT stat combinations.

Posted by: Venatorn.7619

Venatorn.7619

http://gw2crafts.net
^ use this, it makes crafting ez mode to level up, may take a bit will be boring, but you’ll only have to level each craft once and you’ll be set for your whole gw2 time.

All proffesions 80

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The OP has a valid point. I love crafting and craft like everything. It’s fun for me.

But I don’t believe there should be one path to anything in any game. No one should be forced (or strongly encouraged) to play a content type they don’t enjoy to get something. Okay maybe like legendary stuff, because it’s legendary but not stat sets.

That’s just bad design in my opinion.