why Shiro?

why Shiro?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wyvern.5329

Wyvern.5329

So… how the heck does shiro not corrupt the PC… how the heck would they get shiro to help the player… how lorewise does that make sense?

why Shiro?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

ask your self this, how is it that shiro is in GW2 in a sense but cantha isn’t…..

why Shiro?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m waiting for the day they bring in playable Skritt. I’ll make a Skritt Revenant in a heartbeat just for the joy of tormenting Shiro.

Skritt Revenant: (channels Shiro). Oooh shiny. Come Shiro. We get shiny, yes?
Shiro: OMG. Why me? WHY ME? Why can’t he at least be a Charr Revenant?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

why Shiro?

Wyvern.5329

that’s another important question…

why Shiro?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m waiting for the day they bring in playable Skritt. I’ll make a Skritt Revenant in a heartbeat just for the joy of tormenting Shiro.

Skritt Revenant: (channels Shiro). Oooh shiny. Come Shiro. We get shiny, yes?
Shiro: OMG. Why me? WHY ME? Why can’t he at least be a Charr Revenant?

Why does that remind me of the Robot Chicken episode with the Force Spirit of Jar-Jar and Vader? “Ani! Meesa all sparkly glowy!”

why Shiro?

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

ask your self this, how is it that shiro is in GW2 in a sense but cantha isn’t…..

Ehm how about Malyx then?

why Shiro?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Because a Revenant can handle it.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

why Shiro?

Wyvern.5329

shiro was known for corrupting people physically… the whole afflicted thing, demons if i remember only ate souls lol

why Shiro?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Maybe it is part of Shiros punishment to be enslaved to the living, to be forced to do good against his will for all time?

why Shiro?

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

shiro was known for corrupting people physically… the whole afflicted thing, demons if i remember only ate souls lol

Long time since I played gw1 and no lore freak. But wasnt he under the influence of abaddon?

why Shiro?

Wyvern.5329

not that i remember…

why Shiro?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Long time since I played gw1 and no lore freak. But wasnt he under the influence of abaddon?

The fortune teller who got into his mind and made him believe the emperor was going to kill him was a demon sent by Abbadon.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shiro_Tagachi
“During his service as both a guardsman and later bodyguard, a demon sent by Abaddon had disguised itself as a Fortune Teller and consulted Shiro multiple times, eventually telling him that he would be killed by the emperor during the Harvest Festival. This caused him to turn to forbidden magic, breaking imperial law, and led him down the path of insanity.”

ANet may give it to you.

why Shiro?

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

he was under the Influence of abbadon you find out from togo in the battle of abbadon in eye of the north.

shiro was originally the Canthans emperors right hand man until a prophet said to him kill the emperor or see you own fate the same , but the emperor found out and killed shiro sending him to the pits of the spirit relm worse than hell or the underworld to be dammed forever and this place aka the mists as gw2 lables it is the enterance way to the gates of the gods which are now in gw lost to time since normalcy was restored by having the blood stone sealed so magic was contained.

later we get to when we came alone in cantha hundreds of years after shiro died and after the great faction war , shiro was Revived in celestial form which you also needed to be blessed to beat shiro before he finaly became fully revived , you could say shiro used the power of the mists to bend realilty to his will by teleporting you to his version of the spirit relm.

by destroying shiro in his celestial/spirit half form its destroying his soul so i would way revs are using the memories of shiro to fuel their wrath by using his essence.

doubtful shiro would return but its just like being possesed if a person is not strong enough to control the will of a god or a very power charater he will succumb to the power of the mists ether be destoryed by the very power itself or be taken over by shiros memories and go insane.

well thats my theroy of the mists.

why Shiro?

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

So… how the heck does shiro not corrupt the PC… how the heck would they get shiro to help the player… how lorewise does that make sense?

Legends from the Revenant, are not the actual legends themselves. you are just invoking the powered of them out of memories from the Mist.

in reality you only channeling the Mist, not the actual legends themselves.

why Shiro?

Just a flesh wound.3589

he was under the Influence of abbadon you find out from togo in the battle of abbadon in eye of the north.

shiro was originally the Canthans emperors right hand man until a prophet said to him kill the emperor or see you own fate the same , but the emperor found out and killed shiro sending him to the pits of the spirit relm worse than hell or the underworld to be dammed forever and this place aka the mists as gw2 lables it is the enterance way to the gates of the gods which are now in gw lost to time since normalcy was restored by having the blood stone sealed so magic was contained.

later we get to when we came alone in cantha hundreds of years after shiro died and after the great faction war , shiro was Revived in celestial form which you also needed to be blessed to beat shiro before he finaly became fully revived , you could say shiro used the power of the mists to bend realilty to his will by teleporting you to his version of the spirit relm.

by destroying shiro in his celestial/spirit half form its destroying his soul so i would way revs are using the memories of shiro to fuel their wrath by using his essence.

doubtful shiro would return but its just like being possesed if a person is not strong enough to control the will of a god or a very power charater he will succumb to the power of the mists ether be destoryed by the very power itself or be taken over by shiros memories and go insane.

That’s not how it happened at all. Lol

Shiro killed the emperor, not the emperor killed Shiro. Then Vizu, the Luxon champion Archemorus and the Kurzick champion Viktor killed Shiro. He was made an Envoy after death. He came back to life, was killed by the [Guild Wars 1 player] and was sent to the Realm of Torment by the Envoys where he became Abbadon’s General.

“Beginning to fear for his life, he became further confused when Emperor Angsiyan began acting oddly during the Harvest Festival, altering protocol for unknown reasons. Using enchanted weapons, Shiro slew his master in the middle of the main ritual of the Harvest Ceremony and absorbed Angsiyan’s soul along with the powerful magic granted to the emperor by Dwayna. Momentarily escaping Shiro’s slaughter, a Ritualist entourage struck the ceremonial gong of the temple, alerting those outside to something gone wrong. Tagachi killed most of the soldiers that rushed to aid the emperor until only the Luxon champion Archemorus and the Kurzick champion Viktor remained. Before he could slay the two champions, the Assassin Vizu crippled Shiro and allowed the two champions to deliver the killing blow, nearly slicing Shiro in half with his own blades.

Shiro’s death triggered the Jade Wind, by releasing the energies of the Harvest Ceremony. After his death, the Oracle of the Mists sought to turn Shiro into an Envoy as punishment, but he refused, and since then the Envoys have been attempting to bring him into their fold to ferry the newly dead through the Mists. For two hundred years after his demise, he had been content to lurk at the fringes of the netherworld. However, Shiro eventually accepted the task of becoming an Envoy and somehow learned to use his new power in the creation of an army, unleashing first the Afflicted and later the Shiro’ken upon Cantha, as the former guardsman sought a way to return to life. After slaying Master Togo, Shiro’s plan was successful, and he returned to life, but was eventually defeated again by the player characters. After his second death, the other Envoys took Shiro’s soul to the worst prison in the afterlife.

It was discovered that he was taken to the Realm of Torment, which had been overrun by Abaddon and his demonic servants. Shiro became one of Abaddon’s generals and was defeated in the Temple of the Six Gods. The fate of his soul is currently unknown."

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

why Shiro?

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Legends from the Revenant, are not the actual legends themselves. you are just invoking the powered of them out of memories from the Mist.

Beat me to it.

You’re basically summoning the Mists’ memory of Shiro, not his soul itself. Like an echo or a shadow that contains a fraction of his power that you draw upon, created from the legends spoken about the guy throughout time.

The Revenant has been stated to have some Anti-Heroic thematics, willing to draw upon powers that others would consider to be “Evil” or “Tainted” for the sake of the greater good.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

why Shiro?

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Shiro killed the emperor, not the emperor killed Shiro. Then Vizu, the Luxon champion Archemorus and the Kurzick champion Viktor killed Shiro. He was made an Envoy after death. He came back to life, was killed by the [Guild Wars 1 player] and was sent to the Realm of Torment by the Envoys where he became Abbadon’s General.

“Beginning to fear for his life, he became further confused when Emperor Angsiyan began acting oddly during the Harvest Festival, altering protocol for unknown reasons. Using enchanted weapons, Shiro slew his master in the middle of the main ritual of the Harvest Ceremony and absorbed Angsiyan’s soul along with the powerful magic granted to the emperor by Dwayna. Momentarily escaping Shiro’s slaughter, a Ritualist entourage struck the ceremonial gong of the temple, alerting those outside to something gone wrong. Tagachi killed most of the soldiers that rushed to aid the emperor until only the Luxon champion Archemorus and the Kurzick champion Viktor remained. Before he could slay the two champions, the Assassin Vizu crippled Shiro and allowed the two champions to deliver the killing blow, nearly slicing Shiro in half with his own blades.

Shiro’s death triggered the Jade Wind, by releasing the energies of the Harvest Ceremony. After his death, the Oracle of the Mists sought to turn Shiro into an Envoy as punishment, but he refused, and since then the Envoys have been attempting to bring him into their fold to ferry the newly dead through the Mists. For two hundred years after his demise, he had been content to lurk at the fringes of the netherworld. However, Shiro eventually accepted the task of becoming an Envoy and somehow learned to use his new power in the creation of an army, unleashing first the Afflicted and later the Shiro’ken upon Cantha, as the former guardsman sought a way to return to life. After slaying Master Togo, Shiro’s plan was successful, and he returned to life, but was eventually defeated again by the player characters. After his second death, the other Envoys took Shiro’s soul to the worst prison in the afterlife.

It was discovered that he was taken to the Realm of Torment, which had been overrun by Abaddon and his demonic servants. Shiro became one of Abaddon’s generals and was defeated in the Temple of the Six Gods. The fate of his soul is currently unknown."

it doesn’t matter who killed who at the start , that wouldn’t change the lores course of history the jade winds would of happened anyway and shiro would of still fallen to Abbadon thats how cruel abbadon realy is.

its a real tragedy because it was not shiros fault nor the Emporers so the order of death is not of importance what is important is what events would of Transribed regardless of happened would of happened anyway.

i accualy feel sorry for Shiro as it was not his fault anyway ether way both of them would of died.

why Shiro?

Just a flesh wound.3589

snip

it doesn’t matter who killed who at the start , that wouldn’t change the lores course of history the jade winds would of happened anyway and shiro would of still fallen to Abbadon thats how cruel abbadon realy is.

its a real tragedy because it was not shiros fault nor the Emporers so the order of death is not of importance what is important is what events would of Transribed regardless of happened would of happened anyway.

i accualy feel sorry for Shiro as it was not his fault anyway ether way both of them would of died.

It was the fact that he killed the emperor and absorbed his powers that caused Shiro’s death to unleash the jade wind. If he hadn’t killed the emperor but the emperor killed him, then the jade wind would not have happened. He would have died, gone to the mists, not been made an envoy (as those were the baddest of the bad who died) not been able to corrupt the souls of the dead and it would have ended there. He would have been a forgotten nobody who tried to kill the emperor and failed.

Who killed who is crucial to the story line.

ANet may give it to you.

why Shiro?

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

For the curious, Wooden Potatoes did a nice backstoy/recap video on Shiro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4SBfkljQCw&feature=youtu.be

why Shiro?

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shiro_Tagachi

Everything you need to know is there.

why Shiro?

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Yeah, why Shiro?

Attachments:

why Shiro?

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Yeah, why Shiro?

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/197625/rev_whynotzoidberg.jpg

HAHA!! Scuttles and Blinds. Elite skill “Trust me, I’m a Doctor” -

why Shiro?

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

You were fine with the player channeling Mallyx, but Shiro is just too much to comprehend?

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

why Shiro?

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

cuz Shiro is awesome? >^^<

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

why Shiro?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Revenants do not summon the original creature, but their memory. An echo. The Legend may banter, but it’s not the actual guy.

If there’s anything left of the actual original Shiro, it’s probably quite a lot of Spirit Shards scattered all over what used to be the Temple of the Six Gods in the Realm of Madness.

So there’s no danger of Shiro corrupting you or anything. You are using his legend as a tool for battle.

Now that could be interesting, getting into the mist, putting together Shiro, Khilbrom and Varesh, and making them work for you as Heroes in Stronghold and other game modes also introducing heroes.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

why Shiro?

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

It’s easy. Revenant is Shiro’s clever idea that he tricked Rytlock into thinking was his own plan. Once he’s channeled and plans to slowly take over the minds of all the Revenants and will raise an army of Shiro Revenants and take over the world. Good luck “heroes”, soon you will be helping him take over the world.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

why Shiro?

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

He was only able to create afflicted due to the presence of his envoy-empowered soul. He lost his capabilities as an envoy when he was killed again at the end of Factions, thus in turn lost his ability to create and control afflicted. Similarly, he lost his ability to control spirits thus making it harder for him to create Shiro’ken.

….Wut?

Togo’s not the one you learn it from, and Abaddon’s dead prior to Eye of the North. You mean the Imperial Guardsmen souls in the Realm of Torment – in Nightfall.

But this isn’t entirely correct to say he was under the influence of Abaddon. Rather, what happened was that he was manipulated by Abaddon until his second death, where he then joined Abaddon’s ranks (it’s unclear if his actions during Factions were by Abaddon’s orders or not – but his act of killing the Emperor and stealing Dwayna’s blessings which allowed the Jade Wind upon his death were caused by Abaddon manipulating him towards insanity which in turn pushed him to take pre-emptive measures against Abaddon’s agent’s claim that Emperor Angisyan was going to kill Shiro).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

why Shiro?

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Shiro is the most Mists-related of all the legends presented so far, also (since that was his whole deal with being an Envoy and binding the Shiro’ken and stuff). Pretty perfect fit.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

why Shiro?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea so far we got dwarf, demon, centaur and human ( + dragon as elite) one of these are not like the other is a playable race.

So were are the norn, asura, sylvari and charr legends?

why Shiro?

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Who is Shiro, other than some DWing warrior dude?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

why Shiro?

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

In reality, you press a button.

why Shiro?

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

He was only able to create afflicted due to the presence of his envoy-empowered soul. He lost his capabilities as an envoy when he was killed again at the end of Factions, thus in turn lost his ability to create and control afflicted. Similarly, he lost his ability to control spirits thus making it harder for him to create Shiro’ken.

….Wut?

Togo’s not the one you learn it from, and Abaddon’s dead prior to Eye of the North. You mean the Imperial Guardsmen souls in the Realm of Torment – in Nightfall.

But this isn’t entirely correct to say he was under the influence of Abaddon. Rather, what happened was that he was manipulated by Abaddon until his second death, where he then joined Abaddon’s ranks (it’s unclear if his actions during Factions were by Abaddon’s orders or not – but his act of killing the Emperor and stealing Dwayna’s blessings which allowed the Jade Wind upon his death were caused by Abaddon manipulating him towards insanity which in turn pushed him to take pre-emptive measures against Abaddon’s agent’s claim that Emperor Angisyan was going to kill Shiro).

I cant help but notice, his lore and background is very similar to Arthas from Warcraft 3.

why Shiro?

Carighan.6758

In reality, you press a button.

This is what annoys me about the Revenant hype. Conceptually the class might sound good, but functionally they could remove all the mists-theme and the legends, and you’d feel no different. Nothing about the gameplay invokes legends of old.

If I actually summoned a ghost version of someone and then had to use my abilities to do a mix of controlling myself and them (say, left 5 abilities control the legend, right 5 control me including attacks and all), like a puppet character in a fighting game (compare Shadow Labrys in P4A for example), that’d be quite unique and would sell me on the concept of “invoking the legends”.

But this way? It’s just a Warrior with prettier graphics. Same armor models, similar weapon handling (as the default stances are the same), meh.

Nice on a lore level, but could have been much more as far as implementation goes. Just doesn’t evoke it’s supposed concept at all right now.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

why Shiro?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

i would argue it matters who killed whom, but the point is, you got your facts wrong and now try a spin at it, a rather unconvincing one.

why Shiro?

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Who is Shiro, other than some DWing warrior dude?

Shiro Tagachi is the villain of GW1 Factions, the campaign set in Cantha (a fictional country inspired by East Asian cultures).

He was a bodyguard who betrayed and murdered the Canthan emperor during a ritual ceremony, setting loose the Jade Wind that turned half of Cantha into the Jade Sea and a petrified forest.

In the Factions campaign, he’s been dead for a long time, but he’s become an Envoy — a psychopomp who guides the newly dead into the Mists. Except he doesn’t do that. He binds the dead into constructs called Shiro’ken, while mutating the living into the Afflicted. You have to defeat him to stop the Afflicted and prevent him from just wrecking up the Mists in general.

In addition to normal boss stuff like hitting really hard and having some burn phases that punish not being able to DPS him fast enough, Shiro would shadow-step around and “banish” players into the spirit realm.

The other legends are similarly related to GW1. Jalis and Ventari are friendly NPCs: the last king of the dwarves and a helpful centaur, respectively. Mallyx is an elite dungeon boss from GW1 Nightfall.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

(edited by ASP.8093)

why Shiro?

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

Because shiro is dead and helps us from the Mists while Cantha is unreachable due to the still living Undead fleets of Zhaitan at Strait of Malchor

why Shiro?

Carighan.6758

Cantha is in GW2’s world, just barred off right now.
If the concept of invisible walls and finite content annoy you, welcome to gaming since 1950, basically. :P

why Shiro?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

malyx is a demon in a demon realm, shiro was an actual human living in cantha, big difference.

why Shiro?

Just a flesh wound.3589

malyx is a demon in a demon realm, shiro was an actual human living in cantha, big difference.

Mallyx and Shiro were both in the Realm of Torment which is in the Mists and which is where Rytlock learned to channel them. Whether or not Shiro was originally from Cantha is kind of irrelevant.

“The Realm of Torment is where the fallen god Abaddon was imprisoned by the Five Gods of Tyria to avoid spreading his influence across the world. Imprisoned with him are his worshipers including the Margonites, former humans turned into demons by Abaddon, and demons of torment. As punishment for their evil deeds and corruption by Abaddon, the Lich Lord and Shiro Tagachi were also sent here.”

“A tower built from the bones of his dead demonic brethren, Mallyx has established his own domain in the shattered heart of Abaddon’s realm.”

ANet may give it to you.

why Shiro?

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

i would argue it matters who killed whom, but the point is, you got your facts wrong and now try a spin at it, a rather unconvincing one.

Attachments:

why Shiro?

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

It’s easy. Revenant is Shiro’s clever idea that he tricked Rytlock into thinking was his own plan. Once he’s channeled and plans to slowly take over the minds of all the Revenants and will raise an army of Shiro Revenants and take over the world. Good luck “heroes”, soon you will be helping him take over the world.

This is me making a Sylvari to find out they are dragon minions all over again :p

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.