HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

I don’t mind new players getting a free copy of the game. However, the content that ANet has shown to us simply does not justify $50. When we bought GW2, the promise was that we were buying a complete game to play, and what they have shown us simply does not look like a complete game, or at least that much worth of content. We’ve shown, as a community, that we’re willing to spend money on continuous updates and new skins and conveniences, and have done our job supporting our devs.

I’ll be happy to pay $50 for the XPac, as long as ANet proves I’m getting $50 in value. Tell me how much story I’m getting. Tell me how much new world I’ll get to explore. Tell me SOMETHING more than “You get way less than GW2, for the same price.”

We got to kill 1/6 elder dragons and are given 2/3 of the 2nd, then oh would you look at that we need to pay to finish the game.

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Posted by: fluxit.8247

fluxit.8247

A new character slot can be bought for approximately 150 in game gold right now OR $10 US.

Today, A-net released a pet rock. That pet rock was worth about $4 US or 40% of the cost of a new character slot. If we look at it this way, A-net is basically telling us that their expansion is worth the same as around about 12 pet rocks or 5 character slots.

Let’s look at the price of the Living World 2 story pack which is worth about $17.50 US or about 270 in game gold. This expansion is the equivalent of ALMOST 3 Living World 2 story packs.

Their pricing structures have always been out of whack but I sure as hell hope I get way more contents worth out of my 50 dollars than 12 rocks.

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

The only arguments supporting the price ive seen is

1. $50 is standard for MMO DLC

2. $50 is not that much

seriously those are the only 2 arguments and are easily beaten back by arguing logic.

Let’s add a third argument to that list then… ArenaNet and by extension NCSoft are businesses responsible first and foremost to their shareholders (and people who want to argue semantics, ANet is a subsidiary of NCSoft) and if you think for a second it is solely on ArenaNet’s discretion on how the Expansion Pack is priced and sold you are most likely pretty far off the mark.

And this foolish move along with shafting the Vet players has most likely cost them and the share holders $$$$$$$$.

Don’t bother arguing the price at all. Worth is subjective, the crazy shadow business nature of the marketing is not.

You’re right, worth is subjective and if you take a look through the forum you’ll see a lot of players are not happy. But that wasn’t my point. My point was that players that potentially spend in the gem store or were going to buy the xpac are now not going to.

This is harmful in the long term for potential short term gains.

But this thread isn’t about that.

Posted by: Atrum.2698

Atrum.2698

Just putting this on the table:

What if they take a step back and say, “Ok, if you already own the base game, we lop $10/13/25 off.”? Thoughts?

(Basic/Deluxe/Ultimate)

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Save your money and buy Witcher 3. THAT game is worth $50, and you get to play it now.

Yes, pay $50 for a game that actually ends after, what.. 60 hours?

How many thousands of hours have you gotten out of GW2?

I paid $40 bucks for spore… I’ve probably played that as much as GW2 to be honest and its expansion was $20 and added about as much content as I’m expecting in GW2 by what I’ve seen thus far. Sure it was buggy as hell, and did very little to appease the Spore veterans but that’s what HoT is looking like and Spore’s servers (still going mind you) are emptier than Bloodstone Fen in GW1.

Then again, I’m more of a casual and not a farmer so I haven’t even logged 1,500 hours yet in three years.

$60 is what I pay for the full game. And GW2 came with 5 character slots, a massive continent, and a functioning gem store (that a lot of people have obviously been paying into otherwise GW2 would have gone under two years ago)… a character slot is $10, so why am I not getting even ONE character slot with less than a quarter the content that GW2’s core had? Why is ANYONE okay with this?

Yeah, not even one character slot is appalling.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

honestly, I would be less mad.

I would still take issue with the lack of character slot, and the pricing is something that could be argued, but if there was no base game bundled in, all players would be treated equally. I would get the same thing for my money as a new player would for theirs, and that is what’s really bugging me.

heck, even if i got the base game and HoT as separate codes i’d be happy.

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

So what “free bonus” do all of your current loyal fans get?

Nothing.

You shafted your entire playerbase to make a quick buck and can’t even admit to it.
Disgusting. On top of that you even made it worse by insulting the time and money people have invested into this game by “giving it away for free”. Ridiculous.

It’d be super nice if you thought of your current loyal fans (assuming they still are) as nicely as you do new players.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Posted by: dragyn.5706

dragyn.5706

So comparing veterans to newcomers, veterans paid $50 3 years earlier than new comers and thus had access to 3 years of gameplay that the newcomers missed out on. You paid $50 at launch for the base game and had access ever since. You will even have a leg up on them forever for anniversary stuff. What else do you want?

So, the $50 for the expansion is reasonable because the previous $50 paid for 3 years? That’s the definition of a subscription, and this game is marketed as no subscription. So your position is essentially, “The price for the expansion is fine because Anet committed fraud. That makes everything okay! So stop complaining.”

You might wanna clear that with Anet before you use that as a valid position. I can’t think their lawyers will like that one…

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Expansions aren’t worth $50 period. And HoT doesn’t even look like it necessarily has an expansion’s worth of content. So no way the price is fine.

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

I don’t mind new players getting a free copy of the game. However, the content that ANet has shown to us simply does not justify $50. When we bought GW2, the promise was that we were buying a complete game to play, and what they have shown us simply does not look like a complete game, or at least that much worth of content. We’ve shown, as a community, that we’re willing to spend money on continuous updates and new skins and conveniences, and have done our job supporting our devs.

I’ll be happy to pay $50 for the XPac, as long as ANet proves I’m getting $50 in value. Tell me how much story I’m getting. Tell me how much new world I’ll get to explore. Tell me SOMETHING more than “You get way less than GW2, for the same price.”

We got to kill 1/6 elder dragons and are given 2/3 of the 2nd, then oh would you look at that we need to pay to finish the game.

Would you like it more if you payed $75 base for all the features in the last few months and all of S2?

Posted by: Leo.6817

Leo.6817

Yes well while at the same time they are making new players jump through one less, incredibly easy hoop, they are giving less value to their existing customers and I’d say given the reactions, insulting them and rousing quite a bit of contempt.

What really amuses me is the people standing up for ANet when it is a majority that is angry and not a minority, in the end it doesn’t really matter if people are mad because ANet is not drowning puppies, whatever the reason they are angry, if it is a majority and you are running a business (which they are obviously trying to do) you listen to said majority, or you lose your customers, your most loyal ones.

And that will happen here, I’m sure you and everyone else defending ANet don’t really care even though it will affect your gameplay if the population drops off, but ANet at some point will care, either to people speaking out or to people leaving.

Either way stop complaining about people complaining, as unseemly as it is? This is how things change and are set right all over the world.

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

And this foolish move along with shafting the Vet players has most likely cost them and the share holders $$$$$$$$.

It might, but you don’t know that and neither do I…. the forums represent a small subset of the community, now if this subset represents the community as a whole then I don’t argue on the subject. However, ultimately only ArenaNet and NCSoft known how HoT is selling and/or if this community outcry is a vocal minority or something to actually pay attention to.

Of course, I’m looking at the long term here. This move has brought people to the forums that haven’t been on for a long time.

It’s a small sample for sure but it gives a good idea as to how the community is feeling about this.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

So to get new players old ones need to be screwed over?

Polish > hype

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Just putting this on the table:

What if they take a step back and say, “Ok, if you already own the base game, we lop $10/13/25 off.”? Thoughts?

(Basic/Deluxe/Ultimate)

Ultimate for 75 is a great deal actually. I’d do it.

The other two options would still be pretty bad.

Posted by: Lamu.8453

Lamu.8453

Totally agree, ArenaNet makes fools of us. What a punch in the face for loyal players! If content of core game is 10x bigger then HoT, why do we pay the same price for it?! Srsly, ArenaNet, what a let down..

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Typical price for an expansion really.

Ultimately, you decide whether it’s worth it or not. The way it works is that the vendor sets the price, and the consumer then decides whether it’s worth their shekels or not.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

id be happier but only if that 10 lost a zero and gained a 5!

Also isnt it gonna be lonely for all those people who bought the HoT and none of there logical friends will be there to play it. This seemed like a DLC meant to bring people together but it is just tearing apart “the friendliest community in gaming”

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: ypy.2865

ypy.2865

No, I wouldn’t be mad at all, the problem is that there’s a “reward” for being a new player, but there’s no “reward” for being a loyal one.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

I would gladly pay $50 if the core game was removed from the purchase

the core game is not part of the purchase and you are helping spread misinformation. please sir I implore you to use your reading comprehension skills and ability to understand contextual clues its not quite for people to be parroting something about the game that is simply not true and creating discord within the community.

but… he’s saying he’d pay full price if the core game was removed…

so he’s not saying that the core game is being paid for, so no misinformation there.
at a guess, I’d say – like me – he’s unhappy at how the “extra” core game is part of the purchase, as it’s all one code, whose value changes depending on if you use an existing account or make a new one.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

/signed

i would pre-purchase right away if this option is available….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

It’s about the anticipatory aspect. You’re missing the mark here by arguing these dumb semantics… The way ANet had it worded on the FAQ made it seem like you would need to purchase the core game before being able to play the expansion. It is sleazy of them and I don’t understand why you would try to defend that…

Which is standard procedure for any MMO that’s been out in the last 5-10 years.

WoW only recently did a thing where you bought the most recent expansion as one package, and everything before that expansion as a separate package (and that only benefited new players, not older ones).

GW2’s approach is to roll the expansion and the base game (essentially free) into a single package. If you’re upset about having bought the game within the last month or so, send in a support ticket for a refund and buy the expansion for $10 more.

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Less upset, but still disappointed. No new character slots for existing players? Seriously… $50 for an expansion with no new race and 1 new profession? Hmm… I don’t see how HoT this expansion really is.

-S o S-

Posted by: Aeon.4583

Aeon.4583

Oh yes, one thing i wanna add. I am currently at boss tour, and i see cut-in-half amount of people there, compare to yesterday. HoT already killing Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

Yes, why? Because it would STILL not have the character slot that was always added before in GW1.

Also, Heavensward, a honestly much better game right now, is coming out for $40 and $60 for the deluxe. What the kitten does HoT have that it deserves the higher price? What does it have to deserve the price of even $100? Not even freaking Blizzard did this!! The Collector’s edition for WoD is $80 and it comes with a huge amount of stuff!!

“Would you kindly?”

Would you like it more if you payed $75 base for all the features in the last few months and all of S2?

you dont seem to get that HoT is essentially season 3 of living world. So Id like them to finish a gods dam’d story before charging money for another!!!

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Darcness.2408

Darcness.2408

I’m probably not going to buy the expansion unless it gets cheaper cause that is really ridiculous. I’ve been here since launch there isn’t very much of anything for us who have played since the beginning- SURE new players get something awesome- we get nothing.

Rylen.2147

Also isnt it gonna be lonely for all those people who bought the HoT and none of there logical friends will be there to play it. This seemed like a DLC meant to bring people together but it is just tearing apart “the friendliest community in gaming”

So explain how he expansion is “tearing apart” the community if you can still play with your friends in most of the new content

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

No, I wouldn’t be mad at all, the problem is that there’s a “reward” for being a new player, but there’s no “reward” for being a loyal one.

Exactly, 50$ is fine for me, but the way Anet marketed this is stupid.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Semantics. It’s false advertising. You’re naive if you think anything related to marketing and PR goes through or stays live on the internet without serious considerations.

I’m also guessing you didn’t read through the whole thread, where if you had followed the links you would have seen that the change wasn’t made until after a forum thread had been up complaining about the discrepancy for a good hour before the changes occured. I linked it once but I’ll do it again. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/From-the-Heart-of-Thorns-Q-A-Page/first#post5157198

The fact that this thread and all responses on it are timestamped hours after the presentation ended and obviously referring to the live at that point in time version of the page should make it obvious that the change was not conducted until after the discrepancy was called out and flamed, and was only conducted as a cheap response to the situation.

Also I’m seeing this thread get kind of off topic. This isn’t even really about the price. It’s about how scummy the marketing here was. Let’s keep the attention there and not get bogged down with subjectives about worth.

Alright. A discrepancy was noted, ArenaNet fixed it to reflect the change. For people who bought the game recently and feel it’s a rip-off or false-advertising (because really, those are the only people who have a right to make that claim), ArenaNet’s refund policy is very good when it comes to these situations.

ANet’s refund policy is 30 days. I can’t be sure if they’re extending it in this case but that doesn’t cover the initial HoT announcements, which is when alot of people I know decided to jump into the game.

I am glad we’re agreed on what happened here though. My point in this thread is just to alert people that these were the events and this was ANet’s response. If you don’t have an issue with the facts then I’m happy for you. I for one will be definitely be taking this into account when I make purchasing decisions in the future, and I would feel pretty negligent in not calling attention to it when I just happened to luck into finding out about it from a random forum post.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Posted by: nocipher.5342

nocipher.5342

I’m still disappointed with all of the lingering issues with the core game. Some events still don’t work right (and haven’t for 2+ years); even when they are tied to unlocks or achievements! Anet still hasn’t fixed the healing arrow bug in the newbie zones. That’s been going on for at least a month. They can’t even fix these basic items yet want the cost of a AAA title (and then some) for a handful of new zones and some new mechanics. This is very disappointing.

Posted by: ELF.8496

ELF.8496

Speak with your wallets people. Wait for reviews of the expansion and determine if there is enough content to justify the $50+ dollars. (if you can demonstate the self control).

The price model is set to try to repeat the initial purchse of the core game. A majority of the money made will be from pre-purchases and sales within the 1st month of release.

Although I must admit, it feels like the a giant carrot (dangling guild halls in front of players) who will feel forced to buy otherwise be segragated from other members of their guilds if they choose to wait for the inevitable price drop.

I think I understand Anets reasoning… I am just, well …disappointed.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Needs a character slot and 400 gems before it is worth while.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Yeah I’d still be mad cuz it’s only going to add like 3 new areas.

Posted by: IsmertIdegen.2401

IsmertIdegen.2401

To be honest, I am quite appalled by this. I’m sure many have said that before me in here, but this purchase plan only benefits those who don’t have the base game already. This is telling us that we must buy it again, which sounds rather quirky to me.
For new players, it is a bargain. For existing users, this is complete nonsense, and this has effectively cut me off from getting the expansion right away, as I was planning on it.
I don’t mean to devalue the content of the expansion, but I hope they’ll make it available for us game-owners to actually get it without spending money on something we already have.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

they are tricking us into believing that the core game is given free when in fact they are “bundling something that would not have been sold otherwise” to the existing GW2 players…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

The core game is simply bundled in with the X-pac to help the barrier to entry for new players. It is NOT something being done to mess with you it is simply value added.

No other MMO has done this with an X-pac, people need to settle down, believe it or not, this is A-Net being the Good Guy.

CCCP….

Posted by: fuzzyp.6295

fuzzyp.6295

To be honest, I wouldn’t mind spending $50 on the expansion. Guild Wars 2 has no subscription fees, so I believe a 50 dollar price tag could be justified. I’m okay with that.

I am not okay with it being $50 and no extra character slot. What gives Anet? This has been a staple of Guild Wars for years. $50 on its own MORE than justified an expansion and an extra character slot. I should not be expected to shell out $60 for this expansion and a character slot.

On a related note, if the Guild Wars 2 core included in the bundle can be given to someone else, I’d be happy with it so I could share it with my friends. But I have a feeling it won’t.

An expansion is suppose to be full of hype, but these last few days have really begun to kill the excitement for me. But I know Anet does actually listens to their community. Please consider this change! At least give us a character slot.

Posted by: Nihlus.9724

Nihlus.9724

I don’t understand all the negativity in this thread.

Let me start off by saying that it is perfectly within your right to think that the expansion is overpriced. Anyone criticizing anyone else for that belief is being a jerk. It is a perfectly reasonable plan to either not buy HoT due to the price or to wait for a price drop before buying it.

However, what is not reasonable is to assume you are entitled to anything that is not on the tin. The expansion is $50. Period. You are not entitled to any kind of discount, bonus, or second GW2 key just because the expansion comes with the core game for new members. You are not entitled to anything from HoT just because you’re an established GW2 player. The only thing you are entitled to are the things that are listed for the price they are listed. If you don’t think they’re a good value, then don’t buy them. Or wait until the price is lowered to the point where you feel it’s a good value. I personally will be playing HoT day one.

Also, consider World of Warcraft. Warlords of Draenor costs $49.99 too, and that has subscription fees ontop of that. WoW also grants you all the previous expansions if you buy the latest. But it used to not always be that way. So anytime a new player would come along, they’d have to buy the core game and several expansions just to get caught up. It was ridiculous.

Anet including the core game with the expansion is a kindness and convenience to new players, and it makes smart business sense. It is not an excuse to try and wheel and deal a lower price for yourself. People getting the core game for free now does not detract from the joy and value you’ve gotten out of playing GW2 up to this point. So please stop acting like Anet has kitten in your cereal.

(edited by Nihlus.9724)

So explain how he expansion is “tearing apart” the community if you can still play with your friends in most of the new content

1. you lock the ending to a free story behind a massive pay wall. Alienating players who dont pay for it from the rest of the community that does

2. the rich and poor are murdering eachother on the forums

3. Profit

~Infinity Warden

Rylen.2147

you dont seem to get that HoT is essentially season 3 of living world. So Id like them to finish a kitten story before charging money for another!!!

No, HoT is the expansion continued off of the ending of S2. S3 will come after HoT

Based on your logic we should get the story for free, a good example of a real world problem is a book ending its series. Do you want the book for free? Sure everyone would like that but you would be just as happy to pay for the book to learn the ending of the series.

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Yes well while at the same time they are making new players jump through one less, incredibly easy hoop, they are giving less value to their existing customers and I’d say given the reactions, insulting them and rousing quite a bit of contempt.

But as I said before, they are increasing value for new players, not lowering value for old players.

Have you ever been at a restaurant where somebody gets an extra treat because it’s their birthday? Do you begrudge the person or the restaurant because that person gets an extra bonus? Or do you celebrate that person’s birthday with them?

What really amuses me is the people standing up for ANet when it is a majority that is angry and not a minority, in the end it doesn’t really matter if people are mad because ANet is not drowning puppies, whatever the reason they are angry, if it is a majority and you are running a business (which they are obviously trying to do) you listen to said majority, or you lose your customers, your most loyal ones.

The most angry people are almost always the most vocal. There’s a reason why when you look at politics, the extremists seem to be louder than the moderates. Don’t assume you speak for the majority because your side happens to be the loudest.

And don’t assume I am defending ANet either. I’m saying save your money until you know the product is good or bad, then make your decision. Don’t get up in arms when you have incomplete information.

And that will happen here, I’m sure you and everyone else defending ANet don’t really care even though it will affect your gameplay if the population drops off, but ANet at some point will care, either to people speaking out or to people leaving.

You are mis-perceiving ANet’s attempts to add new players and make them feel welcome as a personal attack against you. Try to see this issue from ANet’s perspective — they always want more players, and there are certain ways of doing this. The issue is that they don’t seem to have everything thought out yet, and so most of the information is incomplete.

Either way stop complaining about people complaining, as unseemly as it is? This is how things change and are set right all over the world.

I’m not asking people to stop complaining. I’m asking them to have some perspective.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Posted by: Doctor Joe.6814

Doctor Joe.6814

Hey in regards to this New expansion it does looks really good however can i expect that it will be possible to purchase it in the gem store in game for its price minus the price of the main game worth in gems? or perhaps on the main site and just have the game’s price deducted, I have already payed a lot for this game and i do feel i have got more than my money’s worth however why do i have to pay for something i have already purchased as well? If it is possible could i get a response from somebody who would know something about this? Thank you.

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I just bought the ultimate version, already got 4k gems + new items stuff, title and new char slot on my account.

You only need to use the new hot serial code and upgrade your account.

Very simple.

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

what about veteran players ? what do we get ‘free’ as a bonus ?

Nothing, not even lubrication! This is not the ArenaNet who made the original GW series.

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

I don’t understand all the negativity in this thread.

Let me start off by saying that it is perfectly within your right to think that the expansion is overpriced. Anyone criticizing anyone else for that belief is being a jerk. It is a perfectly reasonable plan to either not buy HoT due to the price or to wait for a price drop before buying it.

However, what is not reasonable is to assume you are entitled to anything that is not on the tin. The expansion is $50. Period. You are not entitled to any kind of discount, bonus, or second GW2 key just because the expansion comes with the core game for new members. You are not entitled to anything from HoT just because you’re an established GW2 player. The only thing you are entitled to are the things that are listed for the price currently listed. If you don’t think they’re a good value, then don’t buy them. Or wait until the price is lowered to the point where you feel it’s a good value. I personally will be playing HoT day one.

Also, consider World of Warcraft. Warlords of Draenor costs $49.99 too, and that has subscription fees ontop of that. WoW also grants you all the previous expansions if you buy the latest. But it used to not always be that way. So anytime a new player would come along, they’d have to buy the core game and several expansions just to get caught up. It was ridiculous. Anet including the core game with the expansion is a kindness and convenience to new players, and it makes smart business sense. It is not an excuse to try and wheel and deal a lower price for yourself.

i love you.

Posted by: fluxit.8247

fluxit.8247

It’s kind of like buying a LEGO bat-mobile set and the batman legoman being sold separately. lol. For an extra 10 bucks.

Rylen.2147

1. you lock the ending to a free story behind a massive pay wall. Alienating players who dont pay for it from the rest of the community that does

2. the rich and poor are murdering eachother on the forums

3. Profit

In order of your points:
You can easily read about what happens in HoT and watch vids about it if you are too cheap.

Get a job

Yes A-net needs profit to continue to make story and content for you

you dont seem to get that HoT is essentially season 3 of living world. So Id like them to finish a kitten story before charging money for another!!!

No, HoT is the expansion continued off of the ending of S2. S3 will come after HoT

Based on your logic we should get the story for free, a good example of a real world problem is a book ending its series. Do you want the book for free? Sure everyone would like that but you would be just as happy to pay for the book to learn the ending of the series.

From what they show us HoT will be the end of Mordremoth…

No a real problem is
an author releases a free book series that is amazing and 20 books long. then they charge you for the 20th book saying if you want to find out how it ends empty your wallets and walk the plank the gabens need there feeding!

Reading about the content does not replace the joy of playing the content with your friends irl or in a guild!
Thats like saying hey you are never allowed to see another movie but you can read the online reviews about it.

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

they are tricking us into believing that the core game is given free when in fact they are “bundling something that would not have been sold otherwise” to the existing GW2 players…

As long as the bundled core game has a separate code that you can also redeem or sell separately would be fine. That way, you’ll end up with HoT content for $50 and another extra account you can use for storage. If it’s 1 code for both, then it’s basically telling existing GW2 players that their business don’t matter anymore.

-S o S-

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Yeah I’d still be mad cuz it’s only going to add like 3 new areas.

Source please? If you don’t have any reliable source then please do not make any foolish comments like this.

Some must fight so that all may be free.