in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: TimeLord.2549

TimeLord.2549

i sent mail that said it :O ty for the help if they do it they are great

HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

The purchase link detects your location and directs you to the shop for that location.
I am in the UK so it lists the prices as £35/£60/£80 for me.
The legal requirement is for them to charge me VAT as I am in the UK.
VAT is 20% – however if you convert those prices from £ back to $ you find that the UK price is 25% higher than the US price when legally it should only be 20% higher.
The product is a digital download so there are no shipping costs involved.
Why are people in the UK being charged an extra 5%?

But the US price would also include sales tax of at least 5% im assume, no idea about tax rates in us, so its at least 10% extra or more

Posted by: tovadaun.6304

tovadaun.6304

Out of curiocity, is this information from reddit correct?

“The Ultimate edition will not be available as an upgrade and must be purchased as a full game package.”

does that mean that veterans can’t even benefit from the 50 euros discount in the form of gems?

Currently, in GW2 Core, if you’ve purchased the Standard Edition, you can upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Version, but not the Collector’s Edition.
That’s all this means.
If you purchase either the $50 Basic or $75 Deluxe version, you may not at a later time upgrade to the Ultimate Edition. It must be purchased as it’s own “entity”.
You either get the Ultimate when it’s offered, or the highest tier you can upgrade to is the Deluxe.
I would assume it’s due to the fact that the only difference in the Deluxe and Ultimate are 4000 gems at a 50% discount. At a later date, you would be unable to simply get a discount on 4000 gems.

Kitta the Conjurer, Guardian- At Your Service- Yak’s Bend
Stuff! Stuffy stuff stuff stuff!!

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Contact support.

Michael Henninger (AKA GM Proheals, Game Support Lead) said this on reddit:
“We’ll most certainly help anyone out who just bought the core game and would like to make the change to a HoT pre-purchase.”
Forgot source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a46s4/preorders_for_heart_of_thorns_are_now_live/cs96lfu

So chances are you might be able to pay $10 and change it to a HoT pre-purchase account.

Alternatively, you could just request a refund (also trough support) and use the money to buy HoT with the base game included if you want to, since you just got it 4 days ago you wouldn’t lose that much progress.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

New players are getting a great deal either way. Players who pre-purchased the original game paid $60, now the expansion is $50, so total $110. New players get the same thing for $50. I mean, skritt happens, but you do not expect to pay that sort of coin for an expansion and get no access to the new class without shelling out an additional 800 gems.

Posted by: VentiGlondi.9830

VentiGlondi.9830

Maybe we need an analogy here.

Imagine walking into a hardware store to buy some nails. The shopkeeper asks you if you already own a hammer, because what are nails without one?
You answer that you already purchased a hammer from him a few years ago. The shopkeeper says: “Great! So you don’t need one.” He then tells you about the sale they have now, where if you didn’t already own a hammer you would get one for free with the nails. But since you already have one you just get the nails for the same price a new customer would get the nails plus a new hammer.

In this scenario, would you be completely kittened-off and demand either a discount on the nails or a new hammer for free with your nails as a returning customer as well?

I would demand a free hammer even if I already had one.

Your analogy shows that current situation is bad

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

All those skill point scrolls you’ve got sitting around? Pretty sure those will come in handy as well whereas a new player won’t have those.

That’s the problem with you guys right now… You don’t know anything about the game, but you defend anets bad choice with your heart…

Just for you: skill points scrolls will be removed next tuesday!
New people buying HoT, can and will play gw2 right now, because if you buy it now you get instant access to the core gw2 game. So every new player will have enough ToK until HoT release.

So yea, you are totally right veteran players have a larger advantage then new ones, we have even the awesome advantage to pay twice for the same game!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

(edited by Bomber.3872)

Posted by: Yamato.8932

Yamato.8932

I’m surprised to find myself agreeing with the angry majority in this thread.

The “expansion” is bizarrely expensive. But I’m OK with that. It looks fun, and I can definitely fork out for something that I’m interested in.

What I’m not OK with is:
1) How little extra comes with different purchase tiers (particularly lowest -> second lowest)
2) No extras for veteran players to compensate for weird “game is free” move
3) Terrible, terrible communication surrounding this decision

Honestly, point 3) is that one that has me worried. We’ve heard/seen very little explanation regarding this bizarre marketing move. The FAQ ignores it entirely. The answers so far have been short sentences that don’t explain the issue (“to clarify:”? Yeah right, thanks).

I’d happily spring for the $99 version if they’d explained why they were doing this.
As things are, I’d consider linking the purchase to an entirely separate email account and treating myself to five new character slots. But of course I’m not going to, because—sigh— I still like this game and the team behind it).

I’ll be buying HoT, but (at the risk of sounding melodramatic/self-important) I’m pretty disappointed with how this has been handled.

(edited by Yamato.8932)

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Relax everyone. The marketing/sales team is currently in the board room, attending the emergency meeting to present their plan on how to repair relations with their existing player base and the CEO is deciding when to announce the ‘shakeup’ in their marketing/sales team.

The sad/scary thing is there were a whole team of profession people who looked at these pricing options and went: “They’re gonna love this.”

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You can tell the core game is not free in the bundle because you do not get it if you are upgrading an account, otherwise the serial numbers would be separate so veteran players could have a mule account or give one away to a friend.

Posted by: Ojyh.9842

Ojyh.9842

People who already have the core game should get like 800 gems so we can buy a character slot, or anything else if we don’t care about character slots.
I mean, if we consider they’re not making us pay for the core game, just offering it to new players, why the others wouldn’t get anything ? 800gems cost even less than the core game. Even with the 75% sales it’s still approximately the same price right ?

Posted by: Biggyboy.7105

Biggyboy.7105

Holy crap, so many freaking whiners.
ArenaNet: “Okay, so the expansion is going to basically add at least double the amount of content that’s currently in the game. New maps that are super massive, each of these maps will also be about three times larger than they appear thanks to the 3 distinct biomes, it’s like you’re playing a completely different map depending on your altitude. Finally revealing guild halls, and we went all out for it. The whole shebang, decorations, your own map, gliding around, Guild vs Guild, everything worth adding is there. Not to mention a lot of the game-changing content is game-wide, so those who don’t get the expansion still get the new mastery system and specializations. We specifically hired new designers specifically for the sake of challenging group content since we haven’t been able to successfully create it in-house. All of this content and more has required tons of resources and effort. How much should we charge? Well, other MMOs charge $50 + sub fees, and you are basically buying a new game experience, so we’ll just charge the $50 (no sub fees). And as a nice little bonus, the expansion comes with the core game for those who don’t own Guild Wars 2. This should help boost the player base and prevent awkward situations where someone may accidentally just buy the expansion but not own the core game to play it. It would also prevent people from getting angry about having to buy both the game AND expansion, which would cost significantly more. Alright, I think that’s about a wrap. No one likes spending money, but I think we’ve shown that it’ll definitely be worth it.”

So quit your QQ’ing. The price is fine, though I do wish they would include an extra character slot with the base pack. It doesn’t necessarily affect me since I plan on getting the $100 pack anyways. But that slot should be allowed for existing (and new) players to try out and enjoy as many professions as possible, especially the new one.

Posted by: deathfragger.6791

deathfragger.6791

i find it to expensive @ $50 and no extra slot, unless the expansion is as huge as the base game then thats ok BUT and only just 1 map announced so far.
ANet understands that offering a pre-purchase on the heels of a major announcement is an emotional appeal to purchase the game. If the majority of GW2 players fall for this, it will mean that there is little to no incentive for ANet to offer additional value, or reduce the cost.
Net wants everyone on HoT. It allows them to maximize the potential gem store sales, retire old mechanics, and update old maps. If current GW2 players can resist the urge to pre-purchase, it will encourage ANet to offer incentives (pre-launch sale, extra items, reduced cost, etc.), for everyone.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

If you were a real Time Lord of course, this wouldn’t have been an issue

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

But we wants it. We wants the preciousss…

Posted by: Xar.1387

Xar.1387

That’s not fair for old players
why we cant buy only expansion or why u included the core game as a free !!
What a good reason :
[to make it easier for new players to get into it]
like a f…..ing joke

Hmm… But u know that older players paid for that they can login faster and play?
Yeah – new players will be able to buy GW2 + HoT for the same price, but they cant turn back to the old days They missed many cool things, that old players paid for.

Look at that this way.
E.g we was able to lvling, discover the world, play pvp etc etc before them.

http://Aiwe.eu
RolePlay/PvP/Raid

Posted by: jacim.5904

jacim.5904

To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

The fact that you are giving away the game for free is a slap to the face to every single one that supported your game buying it, I can understand it being reduced in price over time but this, is unacceptable.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Imagine walking into a hardware store to buy some nails. The shopkeeper asks you if you already own a hammer, because what are nails without one?
You answer that you already purchased a hammer from him a few years ago. The shopkeeper says: “Great! So you don’t need one.” He then tells you about the sale they have now, where if you didn’t already own a hammer you would get one for free with the nails. But since you already have one you just get the nails for the same price a new customer would get the nails plus a new hammer.

In this scenario, would you be completely kittened-off and demand either a discount on the nails or a new hammer for free with your nails as a returning customer as well?

Flawed logic. It would be a valid point if they offered the extra hammer to me aswell. But they don’t. A new customer will get nails AND hammer, but when the clerk see my face he says “hey, I sold you a hammer 3 years ago, so no free hammer for you”

And that would be the right thing to do for that poor ironmonger cause if he gives everyone who buys nails free hammers regardless if they own one what will happen is most of those 3 million or so nail buyers will run off to the G2A of Iron mongery and sell those 3 million hammers for a discount the iron monger cant possibly match cheating him out of millions just for being nice.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

It seems to me that these issues are being combined, or more accurately the: I want to Buy HoT on its own… so I can pay less. Let’s face it if ANet added a new version made it $50 and said: this version doesn’t contain the core game, then players would complain that ‘why does it still cost so much’.

I would have no issue with buying it on its own for $50. I just would expect new players to do what I did: buy BOTH the core game and the expansion.

Posted by: serenity.4712

serenity.4712

Seriously. While all the new players get the ENTIRE game for 50$, the rest of us gets nothing. Not even a character slot for the NEW UPCOMING CLASS. Great logic right there.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

P.P.S.: I also feel a little sorry for my friend who just bought this game about one week ago, when he could get GW2+HoT for the same price just a little later.

It was stated that the devs would upgrade you if you recently bought the game, if you send in a support ticket asking them to do so. So, tell him to submit a support ticket and he’ll probably get HoT as well.

Hey, Can u specify where it is stated? And is there any mention of what “recently” means , like an actual date maybe?

I had something similar where the game went on sale days after I bought it. I put in a ticket and was told I could return it (losing all my characters and such) and buy it again.

Posted by: ELF.8496

ELF.8496

Very true. If I decide to buy this expansion (and I am leaning on waiting for reviews) I will start a new account and get the full value. Sucks that I won’t be able to transfer all the accountbound stuff but I will have access to all my mats. Also having an extra 5 character slots and being able to have more guild bank space would be nice ….but I fear with them getting rid of influence they are going to make upgrading personal guild bank space harder or get rid of it all together

Biggyboy.7105

Oh, and for those of you who have “supported” the game for 3 years. You haven’t been supporting them if you haven’t been buying gems regularly, and why would they create a separate price for the gamers that have been around since the start when there’s also players who may have actually bought gems and played more hours than you in the past year, and they may have only paid $10 during one of the sales. You want ArenaNet to distinguish between players based on when they bought the game, how much they paid for it at the time, how many gems they’ve bought, and how many hours they’ve played? I’m sorry, but your B.S. is in another castle. The only people I feel bad for are the ones who bought the game at launch, didn’t like it, and want to jump back in with the expansion now that there’s been tons of updates and this new bulk of content. That means if they want to try this MMO, they may throw down over $100, depending on which package they got at launch and which they’d get now. Even then, they still may not care for the game. Those are the only people who should be complaining about the price.

Posted by: Rogue Potato.4723

Rogue Potato.4723

They say its to bring in new players. This makes me laugh.

Sure, some of them will stay, but a great deal of them will quit playing within 2 months, thats the way it is with GW2 because a lot of “RPG’ers” don’t understand it. Something that’s been proven through much of the games history…
As OP said in his well nailed post, it’s just a way to justify padding out the price.

Also, as a side note, you try to bring in new players but you make 2 of the professions near-pointless? That’ll definitely keep them playing.

Fact is, good businesses know that it’s harder to get new customers than keep old ones, ones who will benefit the business more.

OP nailed it.

“When there’s no point in doing something, the best idea is not to do it.”

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

The fact that you are giving away the game for free is a slap to the face to every single one that supported your game buying it, I can understand it being reduced in price over time but this, is unacceptable.

ohh come on, its fine if they sell the game away for $10 but a slap in the face if they give it away with kitten purchase?

Posted by: Ashura.4251

Ashura.4251

As if guildwars 2 wasn’t enough of a disappointment compared to guildwars 1. Now expansions are forcing a main game rebuy? What happened Anet you used to make quality stuff, horrible hypocritical customer service but, the GAMES were good. Honestly at this point just change the name to World of Guildcraft and be done with it. Seriously.

Posted by: deathfragger.6791

deathfragger.6791

that sums ANET For us all

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

Just adding my voice to this mass of people. I too am not happy with the current pricing and the fact that veteran players practically get screwed over on this. :/

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

This is the NPE all over again, everything for along time has been aimed at New Players, Anet has shown time and time again that long standing players are nothing to them, its not where the money is, they want NEW, Part time players, its the target audience,

Anet knew that doing what they have done would cause this massive backlash on the forums, its not the first time a backlash like this has taken place, and they will do what they ALWAYS DO, which is NOTHING at all, they will sit silent like all the other times, but eventually a dev logs in on there mod account and closes the topic,

I cant be the only one who is NOT hyped by anything at all they have shown for the so called expansion, by the same time in GW1’s history we had 4 new classes, its been 2 1/2 years and we are getting 1 new class, no new weapons, just weapons moved around to def classes, a trait system that has been rehashed yet again to make it look like something new, the PR department at Anet is genius they really are, they can make anything look and sound awesome and make people believe it,

As for the 40 pages of hate with the odd hardcore fanboi post, Anet will not care about any of it, if YOU TRULY have had enough, DO NOT buy the expansion, me nor any of my friends I game with, nor anyone from the guild im in, are planning to buy the expansion, the game is no longer targeted for the loyal players, and im done jumping threw the Anet hoop.

I do not recommend this game to anyone at all anymore, so if you have truly had enough, yea, just do not buy it,

For all those who do buy it, I hope you really enjoy the game, and I hope going forward to the next expansion you enjoy paying for 3 more maps with recycled content ( made to look new )

For me my 10 years of the Guild Wars Franchise is over, good luck.

Posted by: Ordin.9047

Ordin.9047

To ask for $50 for this expansion, it would need to have almost as much content as the core game, which took weeks to complete (if you were hardcore). I doubt that the content in hot will take more than a couple of days to complete and not as good, based on the current content from living world. I wouldnt want to pay more than $15-20 for hot.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Value is subjective. I pay to support the company that provided me with over 3500 hours of enyertainment. I put value on more than just the “objects” we get in the game.

To support this company i donated from time to time. Bought gems without real need. Just to support the game, because i understand “Game can’t run without money income”. I want some respect to an old comunity in exchange.

I want to support Anet too – I’ve bought an alt account before, just because I wanted to pay a little more for all the fun I’ve had, and I would happily have bought HoT at the current price.

but the way they treat new and existing players differently, and the fact that they could easily include little things like character slots – but didn’t makes me hesistate. I want to support Anet, but I can’t bring myself to support the kind of skritt they’ve pulled with this release. I love this company, but I can’t let them think this is okay.

so I will buy HoT, maybe even more alt accounts in the future, but not until they make this right. not until they fix this.

Posted by: evoRobot.4019

evoRobot.4019

the X pac is 50$ whether you like it or not.

If you are a new player, great! We will give you the core game for free, you have alot of catch up to do.

Simple as that!

Xscape

Posted by: PorceleinEve.2973

PorceleinEve.2973

Out of curiocity, is this information from reddit correct?

“The Ultimate edition will not be available as an upgrade and must be purchased as a full game package.”

Currently, in GW2 Core, if you’ve purchased the Standard Edition, you can upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Version, but not the Collector’s Edition.
That’s all this means.
If you purchase either the $50 Basic or $75 Deluxe version, you may not at a later time upgrade to the Ultimate Edition. It must be purchased as it’s own “entity”.
You either get the Ultimate when it’s offered, or the highest tier you can upgrade to is the Deluxe.
I would assume it’s due to the fact that the only difference in the Deluxe and Ultimate are 4000 gems at a 50% discount. At a later date, you would be unable to simply get a discount on 4000 gems.

thanks for the reply, at least the folks who really like the expansion can get that package as it looks like the highest value for their money.

I wonder if they’ll let us know what’s in the expansion exactly and a release date so we have all the info and make an informed decision. I’ll probably won’t buy it till it goes on sale or something but still having all the info will help a lot of players who seem frustrated and lost atm to make up their mind.

Posted by: Darksabre Aldarion.4159

Darksabre Aldarion.4159

I don’t write in here often, but I feel this merits at least expressing my disappointment for the record.

Since it seems to matter to people, I am a veteran of all GW1 campaigns and the GW2 standalone since pre-launch.

The simple problem I have is that the announced content does not justify the price tag. If you wish to get me on board, seduce me. Just like was done with the GW1 campaigns. You want a PvE veteran to support you? Show them some real love and give them some real meat to sink their teeth into.

It seems that I will be taking a bit of a (much needed) break from GW2 for a while as I wait for a sale price to be given for this expansion, or the aforementioned seduction. Until then, I thank A-Net for the great game they gave me and the new features that (while scant) are exciting. I look forward to playing with you all again in the (hopefully near) future.

-Darksabre

(edited by Darksabre Aldarion.4159)

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Easy fix for this (and will solve the QQ). Make expansion purchases in the gem store contain a character slot instead of the base game.

It is a little silly to make us buy the base game when we’re buying it through the base game.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If the price of HoT were more in line with the amount of content it contains (max $30) there would have been much less resistance to new players getting the core game for free.

Of course, the bait-and-switch of needing to buy the core game is really bad for their reputation

(edited by Lord Kuru.3685)

Posted by: TimeLord.2549

TimeLord.2549

If you were a real Time Lord of course, this wouldn’t have been an issue

well someone stole my tardis ;-; that why i passes my time with guildwars 2

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Holy crap, so many freaking whiners.
ArenaNet: “Okay, so the expansion is going to basically add at least double the amount of content that’s currently in the game. New maps that are super massive, each of these maps will also be about three times larger than they appear thanks to the 3 distinct biomes, it’s like you’re playing a completely different map depending on your altitude. Finally revealing guild halls, and we went all out for it. The whole shebang, decorations, your own map, gliding around, Guild vs Guild, everything worth adding is there. Not to mention a lot of the game-changing content is game-wide, so those who don’t get the expansion still get the new mastery system and specializations. We specifically hired new designers specifically for the sake of challenging group content since we haven’t been able to successfully create it in-house. All of this content and more has required tons of resources and effort. How much should we charge? Well, other MMOs charge $50 + sub fees, and you are basically buying a new game experience, so we’ll just charge the $50 (no sub fees). And as a nice little bonus, the expansion comes with the core game for those who don’t own Guild Wars 2. This should help boost the player base and prevent awkward situations where someone may accidentally just buy the expansion but not own the core game to play it. It would also prevent people from getting angry about having to buy both the game AND expansion, which would cost significantly more. Alright, I think that’s about a wrap. No one likes spending money, but I think we’ve shown that it’ll definitely be worth it.”

So quit your QQ’ing. The price is fine, though I do wish they would include an extra character slot with the base pack. It doesn’t necessarily affect me since I plan on getting the $100 pack anyways. But that slot should be allowed for existing (and new) players to try out and enjoy as many professions as possible, especially the new one.

You know what 3 years with this game taught me?
1. Don’t trust any hype Anet is trying to spin.
2. Until proven otherwise, expect new content to be mindless grind for some cosmetics.

Honestly, as a PvP player first I couldn’t care less for how big new zones are, gliding, masteries etc etc. Basically what I’m getting for 45€ is new class + elite specializations (since Stronghold is supposed to be included in vanilla). And I don’t find those anywhere near worth that price tag.

If I could get revenant + elite specs + general pvp stuff for 15-20€ I’ld totally pay that the second it became avaliable. 45€? Hell no.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Flawed logic. It would be a valid point if they offered the extra hammer to me aswell. But they don’t. A new customer will get nails AND hammer, but when the clerk see my face he says “hey, I sold you a hammer 3 years ago, so no free hammer for you”

And that would be the right thing to do for that poor ironmonger cause if he gives everyone who buys nails free hammers regardless if they own one what will happen is most of those 3 million or so nail buyers will run off to the G2A of Iron mongery and sell those 3 million hammers for a discount the iron monger cant possibly match cheating him out of millions just for being nice.

Then maybe he shouldn’t be giving away the hammers in the first place…

A long-time customer will only see the new guys getting something for free while they are denied that same thing because they have spent money at the store before. That is not only a slap in the face, it doesn’t even make any sense.
So say you already have a hammer and don’t need one anyway, and the smart salesman doesn’t want you to sell the useless hammer for cheap to someone who would otherwise buy the hammer from him at full price. Evidently, said salesman can afford to give stuff away, or has “free stuff” included in his marketing budget to entice customers to buy at his store and make more money in the future. Then why is it so hard to offer me something else in order to make me feel just as valued as that new customer? If it’s not a hammer that I could potentially sell to someone else, how about a coupon for my next purchase, or one for a free cup of coffee next time around (a.k.a. gems or character slot)? If it’s a 10$ coupon, I might just buy something for twice that amount. If I get a cup of coffee, I might just buy a muffin to go with it. If he sends me away feeling ripped off (even when that’s not the case, which makes this all the more absurd), I might not come back at all. Or just to lurk in the store and take up space without ever buying anything again.
I’m not complaining about the price of the nails, after all, just wondering why this new guy, who doesn’t have any ties to the store and might never come back again, gets free stuff and I get nothing despite years of loyalty.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Biggyboy.7105

I would have no issue with buying it on its own for $50. I just would expect new players to do what I did: buy BOTH the core game and the expansion.

But what you did was buy the game and played it for perhaps hundreds of hours. You’ve gotten your money’s worth since that initial purchase. Do new players get a better deal? Kind of. Keep in mind the game has been on sale many times, occasionally for only $10. No one seemed angry about that. People would pay $10 when you’ve paid at least $60 if you got it at launch, and you haven’t cared. This is also incentive for a larger player base, anyone that doesn’t have the game can get it bundled with the expansion now, which would ultimately liven up the game and make it a better experience.

Posted by: Kinematocraft.4182

Kinematocraft.4182

I think this has been handled badly—not the pricing or the content; Anet is free to do as they wish there—but psychologically. Originally you bought the game and got content for free. Now you buy content and get the game for free. It’s a confusing reversal of the business model.

This is what they should have done (without changing anything, really), but it’s too late now:

1. Called it Guild Wars 2.5. No-one would have been irritated with the price or the fact that the old game came included.
2. Put the expansion into 1 out of every 1000 black lion chests and said so publicly. Players would have bought chests like mad, and every time someone reported winning one in the chat, more chests would have been bought.

But disregarding bad marketing strategy, at least it isn’t Sims.

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

obey me

Posted by: Jayjaydee.3827

Jayjaydee.3827

Does it mean an alt account? Has it been confirmed either way whether or not it can act as an alt account?

Sorry if this has been asked or addressed in another thread. I just dont have the energy to wade through the torrent of posts regarding the char slot thing.

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

I bought the original CE for $120 dollars and spend double that each year on gems. HoT ’’expansion’’ is a scam and rip-off. I will not be purchasing it and refuse to spend any more on gems. I will also be telling anyone wanting to get into how much they will be drained if they do. I refuse to support greed and won’t be supporting them any longer as they continue down this path.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

$40 → expansion + beta access
$50 → expansion + beta access + 1 characterslot / 800 gems + title
$60 → game + expansion + beta access
$80 → ultimate + title + extras + beta access
$100 → ultimate + 4000 gems + title + extras + beta access

And that takes into account that Anet delivers the content they have promised but until now NOT SHOWN. What we have seen so far is about half of what was promised on HoT’s first announcement.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

They just made a mistake in the way they worded it I think if they said “Includes core game with new account activation” they would have avoided a lot of problems but I think the price point is in line with the industry standard so there you go I plan to get it I think they really didn’t do anything wrong here so just wording wants thought through.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Just give players who buy through the gem store a character slot. It’ll provide us some value and doesn’t make us pay for the game that we’re buying the expansion through again.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: Ike None.5039

Ike None.5039

It’s simple to understand: at the same price, I have a lower bundle than new player.
I hope ANet fix this issue.

Posted by: Wolfeng.3784

Wolfeng.3784

Isn’t this whole thing considered a scam worthy of legal action?

I mean, Anet had stated that we needed the base game to play HoT, then went on to offer that base game for sale over multiple times.

But now the base game is HoT. Meaning everyone who bought the game on sale were scammed into buying the game twice.

If the base game is now HoT, shouldn’t existing players get HoT for free then? (I know, this is a stretch, I’m just being sarcastic)

Posted by: serenity.4712

serenity.4712

Dear Anet team,
Please think about offering a free character slot to players upon purchasing the expasion pack. As a player/customer, I wouldn’t like to buy HoT only to be obligated to buy an extra character slot in order to try out the new profession.
Thanks a lot!