HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

the issue their is that you arent re-buying gw2 it comes FREE with the expansion. that means, wether you admit it or not, its not repurchasing as you arent paying for it.

Or so they say. For a price of $50 bucks, I don’t believe that.

they also said future expansion will include previous expansions for free, so 3 expansions down the line you’re expecting expansions to cost $80 ? $10 for core, $10 for expansions 1,2,3 + $40 for expansion 4?

Posted by: Jinath.1298

Jinath.1298

so you’re telling me to accept they get a free game for which i paid 60 euros. yeah… really makes sense. that’s a lot of money, guys

You didn’t pay 60 euros for nothing. You had access to the game for potentially much longer than “they” did.

Time played should not even be a consideration. The game has been available to everyone for the last three years. If people decided not to purchase it until now, that is their loss. They still had that option ever since GW2 originally released.

Why should they get the core game free just for being a new buyer?
Well hey, I know how the market works and anything Anet can do to bring in more players helps their bottom line. plus, the game is dying and this is probably just a marketing attempt to try and save it.

Cheers!

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

If a player is so hesitant to purchase an expansion with so much info made available to them, and would prefer to wait until they see reviews first, would you really consider them loyal?

If, in the end, the player actually ends up purchasing the product (and thereby financially supporting the company), then…yes?

Anyone who makes a repeat purchase from a company is showing customer loyalty.

That’s not what I’m saying. What you’re calling loyal is similar to someone who supports a sports team only when it’s performing well.

but that’s the thing, they don’t perform well, they perform overwhelmingly bad.
it’s as if you pay €50,- for a team that loses every single time, i am a loyal player but i know when to stop paying and to start showing concern.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If a player is so hesitant to purchase an expansion with so much info made available to them, and would prefer to wait until they see reviews first, would you really consider them loyal?

If, in the end, the player actually ends up purchasing the product (and thereby financially supporting the company), then…yes?

Anyone who makes a repeat purchase from a company is showing customer loyalty.

That’s not what I’m saying. What you’re calling loyal is similar to someone who supports a sports team only when it’s performing well.

but that’s the thing, they don’t perform well, they perform overwhelmingly bad.
it’s as if you pay €50,- for a team that loses every single time, i am a loyal player but i know when to stop paying and to start showing concern.

Did Anet release as much information about Factions and Nightfall as they have for HoT? I seem to recall much less and yet people here complaining about HoT are praising GW1 releases. The primary complaint from people right now is the lack of information followed by price. The price being fairly similar to what was charged for the GW releases.

Posted by: onic.4537

onic.4537

I’m looking at this with a different view. I could care less. Whether or not Guild wars 2 core game is included I’m evaluating my thoughts on the game based off of what arena net said that the expansion are alone worth $50 . My issue with this is ignoring all of the core content there not much here for my 50 bucks so far I only know about one map that expands to something similar to three maps, a bunch of new skills, legendary crafting, a new class, and Guildhalls don’t get me wrong. These are great things, but my issue is with the lack of information about content that’s coming with this. It’s so far is not justified getten the purchase in my eyes, but it’s very important to note that not much information has been released yet so far. If I were to judge the expansion with what’s been shown so far. I would say be worth around anywhere between $20-$30. That’s only because the lack of information. as more of the expansion is revealed. It may justify the $50 price tag , but only time will tell. And if it turns out there’s not much content with it . They will lower the price. When sells begin to dwindle I would recommend for the best course of action for most people right now is to wait and not preorder until they feel like the content of the expansion alone is worth 50$ To them.

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

did anything get mentioned about performance updates??
i was reading some pages here n there and couldnt find any ANET mentioning it..
if there is nothing about that on the xpack, it is certainly NOT worth it.
You go to any crowded area : wvw t1 zerg fights, world bosses on crowded server and boomm..fps goes to ashes and skill lag takes over.
and it is not my pc since the whole server is screaming in chat about it…
its this crappy server performance that never got any update till now,, and apparently wont get any time soon

Posted by: billzness.9473

billzness.9473

What? i cant upgrade my account to the HOT only? i already have buy 50 euro the first game.. NCsoft, ur doing bad moves.

im offering 20 euro for the HOT upgrade no more.. want yes or not?

(edited by billzness.9473)

Posted by: HieiHUN.7425

HieiHUN.7425

I really like the game but i wont pay 45 euro for a game that i already have.20 euro sounds better for the expansion.I am sure players who left wont comeback if they have to pay the full price again for the base game itself.

Posted by: Haze.6350

Haze.6350

I think the problem is that the vet players have already dished out $50 for the game and now with the expansion coming out for the $50 bucks and it includes a free copy of the original game. Now for me I got my moneys worth however I would rather have the opportunity to just buy the expansion which should be like $10 or $15 dollars cheaper then the getting both games. But I will cave and still buy it for the fact I like GW.

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Loading up an obsolete necro above ? Better close this thread.

Posted by: Famine.3164

Famine.3164

Yea we dished out like 3 years ago… well many of us anyway. No problem with 50 now

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Can people not read these days?

$50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

FREE BONUS

Where does it say the price of the expansion and core game are $50 ????

Use your f***ing brains, Jesus Christ

Find me a subscription-free MMO expansion that is below 50$. I dare you.

Posted by: Dustbite.3670

Dustbite.3670

Can people not read these days?

$50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

FREE BONUS

Where does it say the price of the expansion and core game are $50 ????

Use your f***ing brains, Jesus Christ

50€ for an expension is ALOT, for that amount of money u can get a whole new game, so i expect atleast 1/3 of the content we have now, to be added as expension. Else it won’t be worth that amount of money.

We dont even know how much content we’ll get, it’s like buying a house with only viewing a few photo’s, u dont do that. I wanna know what i’ll get for my money, and Arenanet has been playing us for 3-4 months and we STILL dont know what we’ll get.

Veteran players are getting screwed, doesnt matter how u look at it, thats a fact. To make things worse, if u pre order u get an extra character slot. And what if i dont pre order? I’ll have to buy an extra slot?? 1 extra slot should be standard with an expension this expensive!!

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

I would have liked to have tried out the new expansion before purchasing; Vets could then decide on the worth if doubtful. I suspect the last two new zones are intended for this purpose, however as I didn’t like those zones and therefore am a little bit worried with regards to this expansion.

As to cost, well I played WoW for 7 years which probably cost $500 to $700!

As for giving the core free to new players, fair enough imo. They are not going to be rushing into the Jungle all that soon and frankly I would rather new players where encouraged to play as this makes for a better game experience for everyone.

I can’t see HoT being ‘rip-off’ content unless you consider the previous three years to have been.; in which case you wouldn’t be interested in the expansion anyway.

(edited by lilypop.7819)

Posted by: Lar.1947

Lar.1947

Pre-purchased ultimate edition, so i guess my standing here is clear.

To me it seems like all the problems are caused by bad marketing and content delivery.

Posted by: Sarpanda.9562

Sarpanda.9562

I was coming back to Guild Wars 2 because of the expansion. Then I saw Areana.net wants me to buy the core game again. I also saw they insulted my intelligence by playing semantics with what the price of core game is vs. price of the core game and expansion. Whatever, I’m sure they don’t care, but this one customer they just lost, along with my friend, actually, who was going to buy the game and install it this weekend for the first time. Now we bought Dying Light instead, and we’re playing that together (it’s a full game that’s cheaper than your “expansion”). You can word it however you like, Arena net, but you know you didn’t support your original customers with a value price for the expansion to add to their core game. That’s the kind of thing a game company pulls when they have a monopoly, not the kind of thing they pull when there are more options for playing games now then ever before in the history of gaming. I can hardly keep up already. …all that your policy does now, is make me think that not only are you extremely greedy and short sighted, but you are going to do it straight again on your next expansion too. So I uninstalled Guild Wars 2, and I think I’ll just skip all of your future expansions. I’ll probably skip your next game too, as I already have a few MMOs backed through kick starter as it is. If your next game looks good, I’ll wait until your first expansion comes out, since that’s apparently the sweet spot for your marketing guys and will be the best deal for me. Good luck with your business model, hope there’s enough suckers left to take the bait after you burn all those bridges.

(edited by Sarpanda.9562)

Posted by: Tiramisu.7829

Tiramisu.7829

Been a player since GW1 Days, love that game to death and I was hype for GW2 when it was first announced, and when it did, I was pretty disappointed. The combat was fun for a while but the game itself got pretty repetitive and there was barely any difference between players, we all use almost the same builds or a tiny variation of it. Came back to give this expansion a try and they want us to pay $50 for a expansion, EA doesn’t even pull this kitten, and they are notorious for being cheap. Gonna take that $50 and just save it for Fallout 4 or Star Citizen. If they change this policy i would be glad to give them a try again.

Posted by: Megosh.6354

Megosh.6354

With great reluctance, I have resisted pre-purchasing since June, and not being part of this beta weekend has been far from easy. My biggest problem with how the announcement and pre-purchasing of HoT is that ArenaNet has told us surprisingly little about how much CONTENT (# of zones, dungeons, fractals, raids?, etc.) will come with Heart of Thorns, despite having revealed that the expansion will be released in less than 4 months.

Sure, the devs have gone on and on about features and class changes. But what about raw content? I and so many other players I know grow tired of logging in to our characters and standing around Lion’s Arch all day because we can’t be bothered to kill the same world bosses or run the same dungeons for the thousandth time. Even SW gets old after months of playing and replaying the event chain…

Is it too much to ask for to tell us exactly what we will be getting before asking us to take out our credit cards and pay money up front? The gaming industry often forgets that this is a basic consumer right. Take Blizzard’s recent reveal of Legion as an example: At the reveal, they announced exactly how many zones, dungeons, and raids will be available at release and thereafter. That inspires consumer confidence, which is something that ArenaNet sorely needs, judging by the reactions to the $50 price tag, which to me does not seem at all unreasonable for a full expansion with plenty of content. What seems unreasonable to me is paying for an expansion without knowing what I am getting.

This is a franchise that I love: the combat mechanics, the animations, and the artistry above all. But I for one need plenty of new content that will keep me and my friends engaged for months on end, and chasing shinies (aka farming legendaries) can only carry a player so far before they burn out and want some substantial new gameplay. Still the question remains: How much substantial content will HoT bring to the table?

Until the amount of content that HoT will bring is made public, I will not pre-purchase the expansion. By withholding this information, I believe ArenaNet is causing a significant amount of doubt within the community, and it gives the impression that ArenaNet will deliver very little substantial content with the new expansion. ANet should take lessons from Blizzard’s expac reveal, and tell us exactly how many zones, dungeons, fractals, etc. we will be getting with HoT. Until that information is revealed, I will not buy HoT, and I encourage others not to buy it as well, especially those who share a similar opinion to mine. If we still do not know this information at release, I encourage everyone to wait for reviews and measure the community’s reaction to the amount of content before buying HoT.

Can’t touch my shiny!

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

I am really concerned about the price policy A.Net have adopted.

(the prices listed below are in Euro currency as I am living in EU)

So, I am playing GW2 since launch. I already own the game and here are my purchase options :

1) HoT (Standard) priced 44.99€ – This will grant me access to HoT and will give me the core GW2 game which I obviously already own. Problem is that, as a GW2 player for 3 yrs, I have used all available character slots. Standard Edition doesn’t give me a character slot which means I have to either get one using Gems (cost of 20€) or deleted one of my level 80 characters.

2) HoT (Deluxe) priced 74.99€ – This edition will grant me the much desired character slot for an additional 30€. Of course you get some additional vanity in-game items that I am not really interested in.

Both these approaches are somewhat wrong… Instead :

Standard Edition should be 44.99€ and for new players (who doesn’t own core GW2) should include the core game. If you are an old player, instead of the core game you should be granted one additional character slot (same as in GW1).

As things are right now, in my eyes HoT cost ~65€ (game+char slot) and I have so little info about the actual PvE content that comes with it. No way I pre-order this!

On the contrary, I will wait patiently to see what people who purchased it have to say and how the game balance will be.

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

(edited by Ilias.8647)

Posted by: EvilReaperZ.7920

EvilReaperZ.7920

$50 is alot for partial of a game, some more the patch are mainly to further ruin WvW experience that had been ignored for the past 3 years.

and now that DirectX 12 is out, they’re charging 50$ without any thoughts of porting the game from The Ancient Dx9 to anything later…

Posted by: Librascythe.3152

Librascythe.3152

I am really concerned about the price policy A.Net have adopted.

(the prices listed below are in Euro currency as I am living in EU)

So, I am playing GW2 since launch. I already own the game and here are my purchase options :

1) HoT (Standard) priced 44.99€ – This will grant me access to HoT and will give me the core GW2 game which I obviously already own. Problem is that, as a GW2 player for 3 yrs, I have used all available character slots. Standard Edition doesn’t give me a character slot which means I have to either get one using Gems (cost of 20€) or deleted one of my level 80 characters.

2) HoT (Deluxe) priced 74.99€ – This edition will grant me the much desired character slot for an additional 30€. Of course you get some additional vanity in-game items that I am not really interested in.

Both these approaches are somewhat wrong… Instead :

Standard Edition should be 44.99€ and for new players (who doesn’t own core GW2) should include the core game. If you are an old player, instead of the core game you should be granted one additional character slot (same as in GW1).

As things are right now, in my eyes HoT cost ~65€ (game+char slot) and I have so little info about the actual PvE content that comes with it. No way I pre-order this!

On the contrary, I will wait patiently to see what people who purchased it have to say and how the game balance will be.

You do know they changed that to include a Character slot for Veterans of Guild Wars 2 right?
So now even the basic gives one you just have to wait a week or so since they do it in batches.
And the more costly choices actually offer 2 now.

I was alright with the price, it was expected not happy but expected the only thing I hate was the no character slot.

Now i’m just debating on if I want the gems for the that price and really need to make my choice soon for beta weekend.

Ilias.8647

You do know they changed that to include a Character slot for Veterans of Guild Wars 2 right?
So now even the basic gives one you just have to wait a week or so since they do it in batches.

I was alright with the price, it was expected not happy but expected the only thing I hate was the no character slot.

Now i’m just debating on if I want the gems for the that price and really need to make my choice soon for beta weekend.

Actually I didn’t knew since last time I ’ve checked (today) I ’ve seen (core GW2 game included) and nothing regarding you say.

Now if this is correct I am a bit more happy (still I don’t know why not clearly state such news). Now my only concern is the quality of the expansion and the quality of the game in the near future..!

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Actually I didn’t knew since last time I ’ve checked (today) I ’ve seen (core GW2 game included) and nothing regarding you say.

Now if this is correct I am a bit more happy (still I don’t know why not clearly state such news). Now my only concern is the quality of the expansion and the quality of the game in the near future..!

Actually, unless you intend to pre-PURCHASE prior to the release date, you will not be getting that character slot. So anyone that pre-ORDERS is also NOT getting it. At least that is what ANET’s official response was last time they said anything about it. They tried to be as clear as possible about this.

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

I agree with the general consensus. I personally loved GW1 and invested quite a lot of time in GW2 and don’t regret the purchase.

Yet I will probably not buy the expansion until it’s offered with a rebate. I’ve not seen 50$ worth of announcements.

Like many have stated, I don’t get what’s so hard to say “the expansion will contain x maps of similar size to queensdale, y number of dungeons/raids/fractals, x skills/traits per class that will be delivered through the specialisations, a new story arc containing z number of missions, etc”

Yet what we are given is in dept info about the same feature over and over. Yes, we get the expansion will have masteries and elite specs, you don’t need to enumerate them to us or baby us through everything leaving nothing to discover when it launches.

Is it so hard to understand that when we say “better communication” or “more information” we mean that we want information that allows us to make the judgment to see if there is enough meat on the bone to justify the 50$ (which they have done a horrible job to date)

“We don’t divulge information about the story because we don’t want to ruin it” Well great, I sure hope so! But it doesn’t mean you can’t be informative about these things. Any story arc that is created is outlined then worked and detailed, you know how long you intend to make an arc last (at least I hope you do). <- see, interesting information that gives us all we need to make a judgment.

Another example: Game of Thrones, yes, the TV series. Nobody has a clue of what will happen next season (season 6), but I guarantee you anyone that has any kind of interest in the series will be able to tell you that there will be 10h worth of content spread over 10 weekly episodes of 1h each.

tl;dr: It’s been a while (so long) since the expansion has been announced and even available for purchase, yet we still have no clue what we are paying for by forking out the 50$ (If you say you know what the contents of the expansion is, please, enlighten us on the “challenging group content” whatever that means.)

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I didn’t read the 100 pages before this so maybe it’s been said, but for ONE $50 fee you will be getting YEARS worth of FREE updates which will include content AND features. Go buy almost any other MMORPG and start paying $ per month on top of the initial cost. Guild Wars has been and hopefully always will be a bargain even at double the cost they ask.

Posted by: Digitus Infamis.8463

Digitus Infamis.8463

I am kitten kittened off!

I spent $50 last night for the 3 of us to see Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation,
it lasted 2 hrs 11 mins.

I spent $50 today for 22 gals of 91 octane for my truck,
it will last 176 miles.

I will spend $50 tonight on 4 large pizzas for friends to watch the UFC fights,
it will last 30 mins.

Now, I have to spend $50 for GW2 HOT with the base game, kitten that,
it only lasted 3 yrs!

/sarcasm off

Ilias.8647

Actually, unless you intend to pre-PURCHASE prior to the release date, you will not be getting that character slot. So anyone that pre-ORDERS is also NOT getting it. At least that is what ANET’s official response was last time they said anything about it. They tried to be as clear as possible about this.

Thats the point… The pre-purchase offer is stated under ** that you need to click on and read. It would be lot easier if they stated under the HoT edition details.

Apart from this, its still silly that old GW2 players doesn’t get an additional character slot no matter when they purchase HoT. Instead you receive digital goods (GW2 core game) you already own and is of no use to you!

Posted by: Godfather.9058

Godfather.9058

I was ready to throw money at the screen since the expansion was announced. Now I see that you charge the price of a full AAA game for an expansion. Not only that but you are forcing me to buy Guild Wars 2 TWICE! I ALREADY HAVE GUILD WARS 2. I DO NOT NEED TO BUY GUILD WARS 2 AGAIN. I don’t even have the option to gift the 2nd copy to a friend if he wants to play vanilla GW2.

Please don’t give me the “this is the price of the expansion, we are offering new players an easier entry fee” excuse. Nobody believes it. If you really cared so much about new players you would have just given your previous customers a large discount on the expansion. Or you could have sold HOT both separately and in a pack.

ArenaNet used to be a good company. I hope greed will be your downfall.

Posted by: Whitewolf.7395

Whitewolf.7395

Everyone complaining about the fact that vanilla version of GW2 makes the realization that common sense is a myth all the more real. The instant they announced this i was like cool now people can join easier since its a BONUS to the game. If you are unhappy with the game you bought dont get the expansion. That simple but complaining they added something for free that isnt particularly helpful to you doesnt mean you lose anything.

You just dont gain as much. I dont understand all the fuss they have explained this and it seemed simple enough from the get go. People just want something to complain about is my understanding which there are legitimate complaints but this isnt one of them. If they gave out a free key chain would you complain you already have that one? Same idea on a more basic level.

Posted by: Innamorta.5713

Innamorta.5713

I’m confused right now on the pricing plans. I don’t care about the digital deluxe or collector’s editions for this matter. I’m just aggravated at what seems to be neglect towards old players, and spoiling new players.

I noticed that there is a deal for refunds in exchange for an account closure in you purchased the game in anticipation of HoT – since the standard game will now include the core game as well for the same price.

What the actual ?!@#? So, because new players may have bought the game waiting for HoT to release, they have a free period to get a refund so that they don’t mistakenly buy HoT and the core game separately. What about the old players? The ones who have played since release day ANTICIPATING SOME NEW @#$%^(* CONTENT for years now. We have to pay an extra $50, that I quite frankly don’t have. I play this game because it’s buy-to-play and I can’t afford subs. I could understand paying $20, or even $50 if the new players had to dish out the same amount as us. I just think it’s completely unfair to pay for HoT+Core game for $50 if you’re new, and old players spend a total of $100.

What happened to companies having loyalty programs and #$! ? It's just a big f#$ you to old players that are low on cash.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

$50 is the price of the expansion, regardless of the fact that the core game is included. If the core game was not included, the standard expansion would still be priced at $50. It is how all of Anet’s expansions and future expansions will work.

This discussion has cropped up countless times since June.

Innamorta.5713

My point is that it is a garbage plan.

It would make more since if they want to give old players; ones who registered a serial code before a certain date, something exclusive. Instead we pay double what new players pay, for the same game. When we were playing for 2+ years doing the same content aside from living world.

It’s not even worth upgrading, I may as well go buy an entire new account so I get x2 the worth from my money.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Innamorta.5713

Take 50 cents off my purchase even, make me feel pretty. Make me feel like there is reason to come back to this game each time they want to release something new.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

It would make more since if they want to give old players; ones who registered a serial code before a certain date, something exclusive.

In case you missed it; veteran players who had purchased the game before January 23rd are given a free character slot when purchasing any edition of Heart of Thorns. So in that regard, there is some form of exclusivity, but as to whether that is worth anything is up to your opinion.

Source

Innamorta.5713

It would make more since if they want to give old players; ones who registered a serial code before a certain date, something exclusive.

In case you missed it; veteran players who had purchased the game before January 23rd are given a free character slot when purchasing any edition of Heart of Thorns. So in that regard, there is some form of exclusivity, but as to whether that is worth anything is up to your opinion.

Source

That’s the idea of loyalty to veteran players? I’d be 1000% happier if they would let me refund my account the same way newer players can.

Seriously, let me refund my account so that I can put it towards the xpac – since it comes with the core game. [vulgar expression deleted by mod]

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Even if you get the package with 1 extra slot, if you are a veteran you get an additional one.

If you got gw2 after the 23rd of January then you can buy HoT and ask for a refund of your base game cost. After buying HoT if you don’t want your account deactivated.

It’s all in the FAQ however.

Innamorta.5713

Even if you get the package with 1 extra slot, if you are a veteran you get an additional one.

If you got gw2 after the 23rd of January then you can buy HoT and ask for a refund of your base game cost. After buying HoT if you don’t want your account deactivated.

It’s all in the FAQ however.

Getting two extra slots when I don’t even use the default 5 slots is completely meaningless. I bought GW2 on release back in 2012, and I have played a single character for over 2 years, I don’t need two more slots that I will never touch.

I just want my $50 back and my account deleted so I can afford Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

You’re getting a free char slot and you got 3 years of gaming for your initial $50.

Innamorta.5713

You’re getting a free char slot and you got 3 years of gaming for your initial $50.

3 years of the same content homie.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am afraid you are out of luck. You can not get a refund after 3 years of access to the game, whether you played it or not.

If you feel the expansion is not worth $50, then, of course, you are under no obligation to purchase. What you are obligated to is following the Forum Rules found on the front page.

Good luck.

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

So the reason for being upset is that other people get a 10$ digital game included while you get a 10$ digital item included?

I’m glad you’ll probably stop playing soon.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You could always abandon your old account, pay $50, buy the expansion and get a brand new account and start over. But anyone who plays for 3 years and thinks that’s refunds after that much time are reasonable, well all I can say is don’t run a business yourself. You’ll be handing out refunds to things people bought 3 years ago and now want to buy the new version with the money you just gave them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: IEatCabbage.1907

IEatCabbage.1907

When you buy the game you played it and had fun with it. It’s like saying to Steam “can I refund my game after I play it for 20 hours cause now it’s on sale” which does not make any sense at all. The expansion is worth $50 to Anet and everyone pays that much for the expansion, the bonus is given to the new players because so they can afford it and don’t have to pay $100 for it. Just because new players benefit from something, doesn’t mean you are punished for purchasing it.

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

seriously i don’t see why even someone could consider to answer to this dude.
Don’t you want it? Don’t buy it. Meanwhile we will keep playing the new maps and specs that they are so much fun. You are entitled to watch our screencaps though.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

_Snip~
Nah, I just think I should be paying the same price as anyone else. Not spending twice as much for people that haven’t been around for the long haul.

I’m saying they can wipe all of my stuff off my account. I know exactly what to do to get it all back, they haven’t given me anything through the years to make my account special anyways lol

You are getting HoT for the same price as everyone else, all the Veterans as you call us either paid $50, $70 or $100 for the expansion…on top of the $50 or what ever we paid for the original game 3 years ago. You’re not any more special than any other veteran, we all get the same deal. As for saying it’s been the same content for the past 3 years, obviously you skipped LW Season 1 and didn’t play any of LW Season 2 or Southsun Cove, DryTop and Silverwastes….you completely ignored those areas and stayed within the base game.

Posted by: MCHarris.5648

MCHarris.5648

_Snip~
Nah, I just think I should be paying the same price as anyone else. Not spending twice as much for people that haven’t been around for the long haul.

I’m saying they can wipe all of my stuff off my account. I know exactly what to do to get it all back, they haven’t given me anything through the years to make my account special anyways lol

You are getting HoT for the same price as everyone else, all the Veterans as you call us either paid $50, $70 or $100 for the expansion…on top of the $50 or what ever we paid for the original game 3 years ago. You’re not any more special than any other veteran, we all get the same deal. As for saying it’s been the same content for the past 3 years, obviously you skipped LW Season 1 and didn’t play any of LW Season 2 or Southsun Cove, DryTop and Silverwastes….you completely ignored those areas and stayed within the base game.

I still dont understand how people use the LW seasons and things in the game as a reason to have to pay the 50 bucks because in the end didnt you have to pay for the LW seasons?

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

_Snip~

I still dont understand how people use the LW seasons and things in the game as a reason to have to pay the 50 bucks because in the end didnt you have to pay for the LW seasons?

No, you didn’t. If you pay $50 for Guild Wars 2 and logged during LW Season 1 and 2 then it’s for free, and forever. If you paid $50 for Guild Wars 2 but didn’t log during LW Season 2, then I’m really glad to tell you that you will have to buy if you want to play that season. Easy to understand?

It’s all about THE COLORS

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

It is the new strategy of game companies to sell little content at a full price:

Elite Dangerous: Horizons Expansion only comes as bundle with the original game
Destiny: The Taking King Expansion was planned to only be sold as a bundle (massive uproar changed that)
Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion only comes as a bundle with the original game.

The lesson that should be learnt from Destiny is, that making enough noice can make a difference.

Unfortunately, the GW2 community is one of the best and nicest around, which the DEV’s seem to see as an excuse to throw this kitten at their players without any worries. And true, more players are justifying this madness and defending the cash grab than people actually questioning it.

Impressive, ANet.

(edited by Kaiyanwan.8521)

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

So if the core game is a free bonus, I’ll be able to give that code to a friend so they can play this game for free right? If not, I see many people just waiting until the expansion has a more reasonable price tag.