Pre-Purchase Community Address

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

I’m guessing you didn’t buy from the official store? If you did you can get a full refund on the base game if you pre-purchase the expansion.

You mean I should erase 6 months of work on my main account?

Nothx. Then I rather quit the game.

Not true. They clearly said all progress remains if you upgrade and take advantage of the offer.

For all players who purchased the Guild Wars 2 core game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 in anticipation of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we will automatically refund what you paid for the core game should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015. If you take advantage of this refund and pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, all of your current account progress will be kept intact.

/thread

OP can get a refund of the core game because he’s entitled to that, having purchased GW2 after Jan 23, 2015. Guessing this was under $10 sale offer, so that means you’ll get HoT+free core game for $50 – $10 = $40.
Then you have $10 to choose whether you want to buy an extra character slot or do whatever…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Except that a couple years ago, you could use ArenaNet as an example of a developer that wouldn’t stoop to this type of tactic.

You probably missed the point where the GW2 core prepurchase started before the open beta events.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

As a vet I don’t feel mislead, just exploited. This expansion is overpriced, until they can show me there’s a full game worth of content in it. And its a bit insulting that they bring up this loyalty reward, when the extra character slot isn’t even included with the expansion unless you pre-purchase.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Get me straight, you got the game on sell for 75% off ( 10 bucks iirc? ), and now is complaining?

k, moving on, nothing worth to see here.

So get me straight.

Because I bought the core game on sale I am not entitled to the same amount of character slots as you?

Logic.

Ofcourse you are not.1st you missed the time frame.2nd your time played is miniscule comepared to some older accounts that are here from the beginning.3rd noone is stopping you to wait the game going on 10 bucks sale again.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I refuse to buy an expansion pack without more character slots. Playing for almost 6 months I already maxed them and I need more to play Revenant. I’m not gonna put out €
75 to get another slot.

The blog post states “For all players who registered the core Guild Wars 2® game prior to January 23, 2015 and who upgrade their account by prepurchasing and registering any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.”

I started playing January 25, 2015 and my friend a few weeks later.

Thanks for clarifying that we wont be buying this expansion until it goes on sale.

If you bought after the 23rd, provided you buy HoT you will get whatever you paid for Gw2 refunded (assuming you bought it directly for Anet) Cheapest you could ever buy it for was $10 so with that much refunded you can buy 800 gems and buy yourself another character slot. You may not get a free character slot directly but you can still get your “free” character slot.

ohh and no you dont loose any progress, your account will not even close:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pre-purchase-community-address/

“For all players who purchased the Guild Wars 2 core game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 in anticipation of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we will automatically refund what you paid for the core game should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015. If you take advantage of this refund and pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, all of your current account progress will be kept intact.

(edited by Galen Grey.4709)

Posted by: Xuphoria.8564

Xuphoria.8564

So.. I have had Guild Wars 2 since day 1, from my understanding it was a game in which the devs clearly said “Pay Once Never Pay Again”.

I feel as though members with the game should get HoT free and if they choose to, pay the same base price of 34.99 to get:
-
Standard
-
4000 Gems (£42.50 value)
-
Additional Character Slot
-
Miniature Revenant Rytlock
-
Revenant Finisher
-
Mordremoth’s Bane Guild Hall Decoration
-
Heart of Thorns Glider Skin
-

Making us pay for the game again.
Oh Yes “(Includes base game)” – Where then is at least the option for people to pay for HoT. By this I mean the expansion.. HoT.
There dosent seem to be an option for us “Veterans” to buy it, we already have the base game.

Does this mean then that HoT is only worth around £17.50 and were having to pay 34.99 for a game we have already bought?

kitten the free character slot.

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Oh I thought this was over.

Posted by: nathanjameson.3542

nathanjameson.3542

i’m a vet and I’m glad to support them financially

Karma Express – Norn Guardian commander

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Hey guys I’m not going to research my rant. I’m just going to rant OK?

Posted by: Delgan.8619

Delgan.8619

In all honesty I don’t disagree with the price tag, I don’t think it is overly expensive but at the same time I don’t believe Anet/GuildWars2 approach was particularly well thought out.

I’ve spent the last few days reading through everyones complaints and the backward and forward between players that are on side along with those that are not happy.

However it didn’t take people long to pick up on the updated response in regards to refunding those that recently purchased the game and awarding the long exisiting players with a free character slot.

£10 refund = 1000gems approx. = 1 Free Character Slot

…which correct me if I’m completely off the mark here means the “veteran” player base aren’t actually getting anything the “new” players arn’t getting, except of course they’ll be getting a huge chunk of core content FOC.

If you’re going to make a point of doing something special for your veteran players, actually do something – don’t try fooling them into thinking their getting something everyone else isn’t.

Delgan Cortex – Mesmer Lv80
Guild: N/A
Seafarer’s Rest – EU

Posted by: Automaton.4926

Automaton.4926

Oh boy! Someone decided to rant without knowing what he is actually ranting about! Might need to go back and read about the expansion friend.

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

Hi Lanfear,
many thanks for replying back to me.

nathanjameson.3542

I’m a veteran player, and i don’t think i SHOULD be getting anything beyond a new player.

Where did this pathetic sense of self-entitlement start?

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I’m a veteran player, and i don’t think i SHOULD be getting anything beyond a new player.

Where did this pathetic sense of self-entitlement start?

And I’m back. The entitlement word again. I’ll speak plainly as if I don’t it would most likely be misunderstood.

Anet is selling a product
I am a customer
My word on what is and is not value for my money is law.

You’re attempting to use entitlement as a slanderous phrase to describe customers unwilling to pay for what they consider to be a software bundle providing them 20% of the value a new customer receives for the same money. Spin it however you like, use any term you prefer to paint customers in an unflattering light, or get really angry that we don’t agree with you, it doesn’t matter.

In the end all that matters are sales and corporate reporting will provide definitive proof as to whether this package was successful or not. A customer who doesn’t want it doesn’t need it, wait to buy HoT or just play regular GW2 forever, or buy the upgrade. Whatever any one player decides is up to them.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

This may be the most absurd rant thread yet. I mean, really? You expected to get it for free?

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Haha, this is good, this is dropping down to same sex marriages discussion level.

So from the top before it escalates.
Free Extra character slot when launching expansion with content that needs empty character slot to experience is a long term industry standards. Heck F2P games respect that even for most part.

While here we’re being duped into thinking it’s a “privelege” that chosen few (pre-ordering veterans) will get, and others have to pay for it.

Everyone should get one free slot upon purchase of HoT, be it now or after launch. Revenant requires making a new character so a new slot is a reasonable expectation. But ofc someone wanted to monetize rather then stick to basic decency standards when it comes to launching expansion. And seems they’re not very fond of letting go of the chosen path…

nathanjameson.3542

misleading title is…misleading

Posted by: Meldordon.7354

Meldordon.7354

I have a question related to the Community Address:

• For all players who purchased the Guild Wars 2 core game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 in anticipation of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we will automatically refund what you paid for the core game should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015.
  • If you purchased the core Guild Wars 2 game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015, and you no longer want to play Guild Wars 2, we will refund your core game purchase price and close your account provided you make the request by July 31, 2015.

Do you get a refund only if you have registered the game already? What if you bought a copy of GW2 as a present and did not register it yet?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

But you did not pay again for Guild Wars 2. You’re paying for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, the next title in the series. That’s how Buy to Play games work.

You can continue to play Guild Wars 2 as long as the servers are up. There is nothing stopping you from playing it. Play it all you want. You got what you paid for.

What you’re not entitled to is everything, forever for free. You’re entitled to access the game you paid for, Guild Wars 2.

Because by that logic, Anet isn’t obligated to provide you infinite content or even an expansion. They can simply not offer any upgrades at all, ever, and you could play the game forever.

The expansion is an expansion, which is to say a new title appended to the old one. The new title is Heart of Thorns. It’s trademarked. It’s new.

But you can still play Guild Wars 2 all you want. Just not Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

So.. I have had Guild Wars 2 since day 1, from my understanding it was a game in which the devs clearly said “Pay Once Never Pay Again”.

Lol good for you, I crossed over from GW1 and have been on GW2 since beta, big whoop. And the devs did say something along those lines and that is true, nothing forces you to buy the expansion so your only paying for the game once.

I feel as though members with the game should get HoT free and if they choose to, pay the same base price of 34.99 to get:

Lol that’s hilarious, literally the epitome of someone who thinks the world actually owes them something. Anet has been more than fair with what their offering and if you don’t want to pay for the new content then hey, don’t get it. But it’s not a patch or some update it’s an expansion and Anet is a business, buy it or don’t, don’t expect to get it for free because you think they owe you.

Making us pay for the game again.
Oh Yes “(Includes base game)” – Where then is at least the option for people to pay for HoT. By this I mean the expansion.. HoT.
There dosent seem to be an option for us “Veterans” to buy it, we already have the base game.

Does this mean then that HoT is only worth around £17.50 and were having to pay 34.99 for a game we have already bought?

kitten the free character slot.

Lol okay let’s just jump on the bandwagon and beat the dead horse some more shall we? I mean this has been explained over and over again to the point that anyone with the most basic attention span and reading level should know by now but I guess that’s to much to hope for. The core game is free….free. It adds absolutely no costs whatsoever to the expansion, and was only included as an afterthought by Anet as a way of helping new players get into the game so unless you want to take advantage and create a new account it has no bearing on you whatsoever. The HOT expansion was always gonna be this price, we’ve known this, get over it.

Don’t want the free slot? Don’t use it. I’ll probably just make one for fun, didn’t need but hey it’s a nice step for Anet.

Now that all of your ignorant complaints have been dealt with I invite you to either continue playing, buy the expansion an move on, or go find a different game then rant about the subscription fees you’ll probably have to pay. Good day ;3

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

As a returning veteran player I recognize the fact that I also got, with the initial purchase, years of play and experience newer players simply can’t buy.

Besides, who the heck cares if someone else gets the core for free? Seriously, what’s wrong with people when their own ability to have fun is based on what others do or don’t get? C’mon man… they get something for free as an incentive to strengthen the game that you paid for years ago and you’re complaining? Really? Does anyone not see now ridiculously petty that argument is?

Buying the expansion as a veteran player who’s played for years with no subscription strengthens the game and helps it to continue to thrive. Giving the core for free to new players that buy the expansion strengthens the game and helps it to continue to thrive. There’s no justifying this parasitic mentality that thinks that once you’ve stuck your proboscis into ANet’s flesh you should be able to continue to suck their blood forever no matter what they do. They’re keeping their promise… you bought it, you can play forever. However expansion content is a little different. It’s time to give a little something back to the host you’ve been draining all these years.

The core cost, easily, is down to the hours per penny range by now. The expansion cost will likely be there soon enough. The extra slot is a bonus that’s a nice little throw in by ANet. I’d have bought one with gems or cash anyhow.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Bris.7984

Bris.7984

Well one thing is sure…If you (Anet) wanna kitten me…then see that I won’t let you and yell till my last breath!!!

VOLKON.1290

Well one thing is sure…If you (Anet) wanna kitten me…then see that I won’t let you and yell till my last breath!!!

If you’re yelling at the computer… you’re doing it wrong.

#TeamJadeQuarry

VOLKON.1290

2 Ultimates, one each for my son and myself. Really looking forwards to this.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Oorjuwa.1682

Oorjuwa.1682

Got 2 questions:

First, comparing 2 scenarios:

1: For all players who registered the core Guild Wars 2® game prior to January 23, 2015 and who upgrade their account by prepurchasing and registering any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.

2: If you purchased the core game from a third party, we are unable to provide a refund. However, if you registered the core game between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 and upgrade it by prepurchasing any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account."

As per my understanding both get similar item, unless am missing something here it doesn’t seem fair to me. If the answer is going to be all content missed by new players difference, I do not think it is a valid point, I have been since beta core game and missed lots of stuff, at least I had no choice due to real life matters.

Second, all the talk about prepurchasing, how about purchasing the game when you already have core game since the very beginning, would one get similar treatment?

“You’ve got some really nice toys there. Mind if I break them?”
— Gwen

Posted by: Lidith.7109

Lidith.7109

so i bought gw2 deluxe for 60euro’s a month or 2 back, and now the expansion HoT is comming out, and you can buy it including gw2, does that mean that users who already bought gw2 get the expansion for free when it comes out or do you have to buy it sepperately?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

You need to buy it separately.
Since you have the core game already you’ll receive a character slot instead of the core game.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: TaggSilar.6475

TaggSilar.6475

I’m gonna give this guy the benefit of the doubt and hope to Kormir he’s being sarcastic

Vayne.8563

If you bought the core game from the Anet site, you’re actually entitled to a refund, if you purchase HoT.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I also bought the ultimate a day after the announcement (but the same day that I heard the announcement >_>).
Bought the Digital Deluxe when GW2 started the pre-purchase and I couldn’t be any happier and I’m sure that the HoT will keep making me happy.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

“No character slot for new players?”

You saved $50.
No complaining.

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

(edited by Blackworm.2167)

Posted by: Gode Fridus.5607

Gode Fridus.5607

Hi Lidith, if you only own GW2 (the “core” game) then you have to buy the Hearth of Thorns expansion if you want to enjoy the new content that comes with the expansion.

The expansion indeed includes the core game as a free add-on and ArenaNet has addressed concerns expressed by people who already own the core game in following article: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pre-purchase-community-address/

How this is handled in your specific case depends very much on the source where you bought Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

There is going to be one new class and ONE NEW MAP.
Yes, it will be layered like a lasagna but it will NOT have a dungeon with inbuilt “free” armors and weapons.
Instead it will have oh so meaningful open world content, which amounts to pretty much the sameish living world Zerg content we already saw, just more static.

Yes the GvG stuff is cool and their maps are a nice touch, looking great. Albeit they seem too humongously huge and will probably end up too empty at the end of the day.

ALL of the above is fact and to me simply not worth 50 bucks, especially when that price was pretty much set by some Chinese market analyst to determine the profitability of this game in the next fiscal quarters.
THAT´S the real reason for this current pre-order hype, and I´m sorry guys but you´re falling for the old bait&switch like … {insert appropriate expression}.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Posted by: Markin.9167

Markin.9167

Ultimate Edition HYPEEE

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

OP is being an idiot.If you want a F2P MMO there are plenty out there.Tera/Rift/ESO/WS and many other.When you come to GW franchise you join a B2P one.Why are you expecting the sequel to differ from its predecessor?In GW1 the expansions are not free so i’m asking you again why do you expect GW2 to be free?kittened logic.
Also don’t you know how a freeking expansion works?You are just showing how big noob are you.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Agrik.7465

Agrik.7465

I am waiting for more details, I don’t have much grasp of the content yet… I was hoping for something equivalent to a new world/continent (ala GW: Factions with Cantha, GW: Nightfall with Elona), but it looks more like a continuation of the “living story” with more like Dry Top or Silver Wastes, at this point. Maybe what new zone or zone(s) is/are included will be “deep” enough to be more than I expect? I’d have gone if for player housing, which originally was supposed to come in at the same time as guild halls, but I don’t see any indication that such is happening with this xpack?

Waiting to see. I’m a GW & GW2 fan, so hoping this will be worthwhile.

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

ANet gives the patron consumers what they’re asking for and all the sudden it’s a conspiracy that ANet, a business, expects to generate more sales by making this offer?

Did the OP not know that capitalism was a thing?

First off,, this isn’t capitalism, this is enterprise and marketing. Two different things. Nice try.

You can’t possibly see the grey area in this? You can’t possibly see how this is damage control and not some genuine act of satiating customers’ demands?

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

Base game is 10$ (being offered as a free bonus for prepurchase)
Character slot is 10$ (being offered as a free bonus for prepurchase)

I don’t see how they got it wrong.

Am I a veteran as it stands right now? I’ve been playing this game since beta.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

So, does anyone here think that we’ll be fighting Mordremoth in this expansion?

I’d like to know. Especially from the people who did do the pre-purchase.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

bought it today, hoping the game can keep improve for the better, i personally hate bunch of things, but i also see they do some things right

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So, does anyone here think that we’ll be fighting Mordremoth in this expansion?

I’d like to know. Especially from the people who did do the pre-purchase.

Most likely and the next living story will probably deal with the aftermath leading up to the next dragon.

Posted by: Smokeypancake.9267

Smokeypancake.9267

I don’t pre-purchase games because it is an awful industry practice and is directly responsible for every single terrible release in the last 10 years (source: I made it up). If companies actually had to make a good product before selling it (like just about every other industry) we’d probably have much better quality. But apparently gamers are goldfish and keep forgetting every buggy and incomplete game that constantly get released… but I digress.

My point is that since I won’t be getting the character slot for the expansion that adds a new class (like both of the GW1 campaigns did), I probably won’t be getting HoT. I guess thats alright though since from everything I’ve seen of new content lately it is about 1 hour of fanfic-tier storytelling followed by several hours of follow the zerg. Judging by LS season 2. Which is all I have to go by considering only people who pre-purchase can get at the beta. But I won’t pre-purchase. So I can’t see if the content is worth buying or not. Oh well. The lack of a character slot just confirms my decision to not bother.

Eh, hadn’t played beyond getting the monthly in a few months anyway, guess I’ll just stop completely.

(edited by Smokeypancake.9267)

VOLKON.1290

I just hate how anti-consumer this prepurchase deal is. buy the game early without any proof that it’s going to be well made/well balanced.

Don’t get me wrong, i look forward to heart of thorns and will purchase it, but publishers are not looking our for the consumers when they force preorder/prepurchase deals.

The same exact argument was shed when GW2 first offered it’s pre-purchase. Same exact thing.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

Base game is 10$ (being offered as a free bonus for prepurchase)
Character slot is 10$ (being offered as a free bonus for prepurchase)

I don’t see how they got it wrong.

Base game is actually $0 now.
And how is the base game being free relevant to anyone who already owns it?

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

I just hate how anti-consumer this prepurchase deal is. buy the game early without any proof that it’s going to be well made/well balanced.

Don’t get me wrong, i look forward to heart of thorns and will purchase it, but publishers are not looking our for the consumers when they force preorder/prepurchase deals.

The same exact argument was shed when GW2 first offered it’s pre-purchase. Same exact thing.

Players has a lot more trust with Anet then. Players enjoyed GW1 and were eager for GW2 that they were willing to spend on pre-purchase.

With HoT we havent seen much of the content, the little content there is, Anet have alienated and angered almost everyone, and now some players are not willing part with their money so easily.

Its not the same thing when players have lost the trust.
For instance whilst I was writing this the original thread was merged into this one, so had to write it all down again.

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

tbh I think Anet have made things worse for themselves.

Yes a lot of players just wanted the character slot to play revanant, and now in order to get that they have to pre-purchase at $50.

So what happens when HoT is finally released and the content isnt what they thought? What if what we’ve seen so far is all we get for at least another year? What if the PvE is still terrible and WvW’s new map becomes EOTMv2? What will happen then?

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Any vet out there can see that the deal he gets with HoT is essentially far worse then the one new player gets. Especially with new slot being a bait for pre-purchase, rather then industry standard for any and all x-pac buyers.

But the question is..what is a-net aiming at. If survival, fine, i was never here. But if it’s expanding their playerbase and growing it’s service..then few words of bitter wisdom will be shared here.

You see running a successful mmorpg is like picking up a woman. It’s one, and difficult enough thing to get her attention and have her invested in you for a while.
It’s a wholly different mountain to climb if you intend to keep her for long term.

Right now any vet who played the kitten out of GW2 these recent years is faced with rather lackluster offer of x-pac for 50$ + character slot bait only if he does pre-purchase. Outcry about that is high enough here.

What remains in shadows, is that GW2 is not alone out there. There are other big MMORPG, some good some worse, but part of them unexplored. Someone who played GW2, and now is faced with 50$ shell-out time, is also at the same time faced with offers from these other mmorpg, that he has yet to know.

I for one never ventured into FF XIV farther then pre-release beta, and if i put my money there, there’s a whole game’s of content (+xpac) inside there for me, for smaller price (3rd party retailers are chepear then official site).

On the flipside, the very same can be said about HoT offer for newcomers who may have migrated from other games. They also get full game’s worth + xpac, rather then standalone x-pac in their game.

But this is not true growth. Because while you’re very good at attracting new players, you’re doing equally “well” at bleeding out old ones, and that will result if much smaller growth the could be, and having the most tried and true customers row their boat elsewhere.

Only by keeping vets happy, and reeling in new players with amazing incentives and quality will this game truly flourish. If you neglect to keep old players happy (with all the competition left and right), you will only maitain status quo or barely grow and no telling for how long (though with this game’s quality you can pull it off still).

And if old vets are forced to pay nearly full new game’s price with missing character slot traps, and very little information of the content and total size of said xpac…well, competition will be sending you fruit baskets soon enough…

Vayne.8563

I’m sure this is all news to Anet. It’s great that they have players like you to teach them how to run a successful multimillion dollar business. /s

I think a lot of players think they know more about the business than they actually know. At this point, I’m pretty sure the veteran players that feel spurned by this are a minority and there’s always attrition in any MMO when an expansion comes out. No MMO has a 100% uptake of an expansion.

This is an extremely competitive environment where even the top dog in the industry lost 3 million subs in a very small amount of time.

And none of the other games out there are much more successful than Guild Wars 2. So there are 2 possibilities.

1. None of the developers out there know the stuff you put in this post.
2. It isn’t as easy as you make it sound.

I know which one I’m going with.

Vayne.8563

There is going to be one new class and ONE NEW MAP.
Yes, it will be layered like a lasagna but it will NOT have a dungeon with inbuilt “free” armors and weapons.
Instead it will have oh so meaningful open world content, which amounts to pretty much the sameish living world Zerg content we already saw, just more static.

Yes the GvG stuff is cool and their maps are a nice touch, looking great. Albeit they seem too humongously huge and will probably end up too empty at the end of the day.

ALL of the above is fact and to me simply not worth 50 bucks, especially when that price was pretty much set by some Chinese market analyst to determine the profitability of this game in the next fiscal quarters.
THAT´S the real reason for this current pre-order hype, and I´m sorry guys but you´re falling for the old bait&switch like … {insert appropriate expression}.

I wish people would stop saying there would be one new map, because they’re 100% demonstrably wrong. There will be one new region, which is not the same as a map.

In addition there’ll be other stuff, some of which we haven’t heard about yet. But just the fact that you’re capitilizing misinformation makes me wonder how much you actually know about HoT.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Business follows the same practices and equations for success whether big or small. There may be small differences with procedures, and practices but the over all scope is more or less the same. This can be used for multi billion dollar companies right down to the mom and pop convenience store. It is why business school follows the same guidelines for success regardless of what you plan to do with that knowledge.

I agree with the fact that this is not Anet’s first rodeo, they have people (I sure a s hell hope) that specialize in business within their company.