Pre-Purchase Community Address

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Cross-Examine Expansion Content+ Prices

Blizzard: Wow Expansion:Warlords of Draenor

Standard Price- 29.99$
Deluxe Edition Price- 49.99$

• Price does not include annual $180/year access fee divided into 12 payments.
    ————————-

Square Enix: Expansion: FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward

Digital Collection Edition – 44.99 E$
Physical Collection Edition – 129.99 E$

• Price does not include $155 – $180/year access fee, depending on model.

1. Artbook
2. Additional Content Disk
3. Dragon Mount Figure

Arena net Expansion: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thrones

Standard Price- 49.99$ Base Game
Deluxe Edition- 74.99$
Ultimate Edition : 99.99$

• No annual fees required for access.

Why do you not compare it with SWTOR also. People do not have to pay 1 years of subscription they could pay only 1 month and in some cases its a option of the expansion to have 1 month of subscription included.Was there not a study that showed a increase in the number of subscribers during expansions and then drop sharply after the first few months?

Well, to be honest, because it wasn’t mentioned initially in the list. And yes, it’s true, you don’t have to pay the subscription every month if you don’t want to… but then you lose access to the game.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

We hardly got any content update while ArenaNet has been developing HoT

Hardly any content updates? We got 42 content releases since Gw2 Launched!

ArenaNet thinks we know enough for them to ask us to pay full price in advance for something without a release date or even a release window. Even a Kickstarter campaign needs a release window for it to be accepted on that website…

It is pointless providing a release date that you’re not sure about. You mentioned kickstarter. Lets take The most successful kickstarter of all time, star citizen. They reported on their kickstarter it would release November 2014. Now its been moved to end 2016. does that help anyone?

LOOOOOOOOOL! Dream on!
I can’t believe someone actually believes that the expansion has been under development since the beginning of the Living Story. You have zero evidence of that…

You mean the same exact amount of evdence people who say its only been in development a few months have? At least we got some facts supporting our position.

Meanwhile, let me ask you a very simple question: if they have 330 people working on the expansion for years now, and only 20 on the Living Story… Why has ArenaNet not released any new LS update since they announced the expansion? …Why would the small LS have to stop because of the expansion the other 330 are working on?

I have no idea why, all I can do is speculate. So lets say work started in parallel and Anet hoped Living story Season 2 and Expansion would be ready around the same time only it didnt turn out that way, Expansion took longer. Now Anet have a problem, they cannot continue with the living story because the living story leads to Expansion and Season 3 might have been designed to take place at the end of the expansion timeline. So what can they do? They cant even create a fake living story to keep us occupied since that wouldnt fit. Take a side project before going to help destoryed pack fleet! And dont forget that there might have been 20 people but those 20 people need time to complete content. When those 20 people were split into 4 teams each time was responsible for a months worth of content so essentially for every release a team would have worked on it for 4 months. Ergo it may take 4 months to create a filler living story episode that will not even fit the story. Not worth the cost. Let me counter ask you a question then. I guess your theory is LS and Expansion team are one and the same. Anet stated only a couple of months ago they’re 350 employees. Anet themselves said 20 people work on the living story. What do you think the other 330 are working on and have been working on all this time?

If ArenaNet had so many people working in the expansion, why did they tell us they would have to stop LS production while preparing for the China release, when they could use people from the expansion team to fix that? …

Preparing for the china release required a lot of changes to the core game and until you finalize them you have no stable platform to develop and test on. What you do in those situation is insitute what is called a code freeze until you stablize your platform:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeze_

If ArenaNet has been working on an expansion for that long, why did they say they didn’t have a point in releasing an expansion, in the time frame you claim they were working in one? Are you saying ArenaNet was lying?

They never said they were not going to release an expansion. They always said since day 1 that they would develop new maps, new areas, new professions, new personal storylines etc. they only said they were uncertain if they would release them through an expansion or through the living story.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-03-its-unlikely-guild-wars-2-will-ever-get-an-expansion-pack

here:

“Four discrete Living World teams, made up of designers of all disciplines, each spend four months developing roughly one full month’s worth of content”

“But those teams are “a fraction” of ArenaNet’s massive development force as a whole."

“[Living World] is only a fraction of what the rest of the company is working on,” "We have large feature teams that are working on exciting things behind the scenes that, when it’s ready, we’ll release those with these updates.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

It’s extremelly obvious that “HoT” has been in development for at most a little more than one year now,… And if you want to know what were the other 330 people working on, you need to stop taking things so literally and read some of the Glassdoor reviews about ArenaNet.

how is it extremely obvious? I quoted my statements with facts, how about you do the same?

I am not exactly seeing any glassdoor reviews saying Anet is lying about having 350 employees (which makes it the largest MMO development team btw) or that Living story is all they have developed or that we didnt start working on the expansion until very recently. So again what are you refering to specifically?

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

After months of anticipation we still have very little information. Some of us still haven’t purchased and won’t anytime soon purchase HoT due to lack of information. Release the specializations already, I and other I have talked to are quickly losing interest and at the rate Anet is going we will have moved on to greener pastures by the time the get information out. For myself the Hype is gone, I was looking forward to seeing the Engineer & Ranger specializations and that was pretty much it as a WvW player I could care less about the PvE but even that is coming to slowly.

No one is asking you to rush the finished product but if you haven’t even come up with the weapon skills and selections for each and every class then I don’t see why we should expect this xpac to be out in this life time.

Its literally been months, crap or get off the pot.

VOLKON.1290

It’s extremelly obvious that “HoT” has been in development for at most a little more than one year now,… And if you want to know what were the other 330 people working on, you need to stop taking things so literally and read some of the Glassdoor reviews about ArenaNet.

how is it extremely obvious? I quoted my statements with facts, how about you do the same?

I am not exactly seeing any glassdoor reviews saying Anet is lying about having 350 employees (which makes it the largest MMO development team btw) or that Living story is all they have developed or that we didnt start working on the expansion until very recently. So again what are you refering to specifically?

He may be getting his data using the experimental Asuran NORAD device. (Naturally Organic Rectally Extracted Data).

You’d be surprised what they’re coming up with using that.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

As anet stated many times they are showing us only those things that are finished. That being said think how little is done about expansion and how long we’re going to wait for release.

That would be all about “big project” we were lied about in 2k13 and 2k14 :)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Be glad you weren’t here at launch and had to wait 5 years. Just saying. Maybe you’re not used to the way the company works, it’s entirely possible, but this is what happened last time. They announce it and then they release information in drips and drabs.

I don’t think the hype is supposed to be maintained at a consistent level.

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Hype died long time ago.

obey me

Random.4691

That is the problem, if they haven’t finished the specializations yet aside from bug fixes, which will still be there for the first week or two when it goes live is concerning. For example we know Engi’s are getting a hammer, known this for months, are you telling me that in months they haven’t figured out the rest ? It’s just a hammer with no skills still ?

I find it hard to believe they don’t have much more completed then they are letting on, and if they don’t then they need more/new staff.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

And it’ll be back at the next announcement.
Who cares about hype, rly…

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

the big hype works for making big moves – going from guildwars 1 to guildwars 2 was a big deal ….and we were all like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUn-f5t53qc

but for an expansion, the sugar rush marketing for months on end with vets feeling neglected was more like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXLxM0u1aJw

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Random.4691

Be glad you weren’t here at launch and had to wait 5 years. Just saying. Maybe you’re not used to the way the company works, it’s entirely possible, but this is what happened last time. They announce it and then they release information in drips and drabs.

I don’t think the hype is supposed to be maintained at a consistent level.

I was here pre GW1 launch actually, was in beta for both 1 & 2, watched them ignore our concerns (some of which lasted years into the game only to be recently fixed while some are still present) not so much for GW1 but GW2 definitely.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

As anet stated many times they are showing us only those things that are finished.

That isn’t necessarily true. They have a disclaimer in every stream or blog they have that everything could change and that the numbers aren’t final yet. I do not understand why they refuse to at least reveal the planned additional weapon set for each current class. It is granting the current revealed specializations a big advantage that they are able to plan out future weapon skins. Meanwhile, I do not know if I should, for example, buy the Gallant Rifle for a thief when I do not know if thieves will be getting staves, rifles, or neither.

Maybe I should just buy all the skins! I’m sure that’s what they want.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I believe that the game is worth the price. To all those who say that the expansion is not big enough, you need to remember that we are paying for not only everything that we have seen, but also a ton of things we have yet to see. This includes the next few seasons of living world.

This is a terrible business model. It essentially puts everyone in the boat of pre-purchasing the game, even if they buy a week after launch. How in the world can any consumer decide whether the produce is worth the price if we only know a portion of the product?

It’s like the ultimate gambling box. They dangle what looks like $30 worth of content in front of the players and we’re supposed to hope that the Living Story will deliver another $20 worth between launch and the next expansion?

I like to have a good idea what I’m buying when I buy it. I’m not going to go into McDonalds and pay the price of a full meal with the only guarantee that it will at least include a Big Mac. You’re telling me, “Hey, they’ll probably throw fries in the bag, too!”

If, after launch, they continue the LS the way they have, then I expect that gem-store sales are the revenue stream that will support that. If they want to sell me an expansion it should look like everything included is worth the price tag without relying on rainbow scented hopes that more will arrive later.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So let’s say the Revenant class is not part of the expansion and released instead as part of a feature update. Would you still be demanding that Anet provide everyone with character slots for it? After all, those that have already used all of their existing character slots cannot play the class unless they purchase an additional character slot.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

See what HoT is doing it rewriting the way the game is played, in everything from specializations to masteries.

In other words, once again they’re wasting time and resources trying to reinvent the wheel (square didn’t work, so why not try triangular) when all we (that is, everybody but a couple of people here) really want are more roads to travel, more places we’ve never been to, and more stuff to do when we get there.

To heck — heck, I say — with rewriting the kitten game. Again.

The table is a fable.

VOLKON.1290

Allow me to correct you. Take this example:

A company tries to swindle 3 people. Only one person falls for it, the other two recognize it as such. Is it a swindle? Yes it is. Is it a swindle to all three of the persons involved? Yes it is. Now replace the company with Anet, and the audience with all of us. A swindle is still a swindle, regardless if someone falls for it or not.

How about the corollary?

A company sells a product. Two people are happy with it and buy it. The third claims he’s being swindled. Is it a swindle? Only in the opinion of the person asserting he’s being swindled, and that opinion is irrelevant to everyone else.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Ricky.4706

u know what gets me…….arenanet wanted to go e-sport – dota 2, has a daily attendance of 800k+ http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ – Dota2 looks like what guildwars use to be ….those fights look quite similar to hall of heros / heros ascent and gvg fights
- so what does anet do ? focus more on adventuring drives pvp further away from gw1

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

u know what gets me…….arenanet wanted to go e-sport – dota 2, has a daily attendance of 800k+ http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ – Dota2 looks like what guildwars use to be ….those fights look quite similar to hall of heros / heros ascent and gvg fights
- so what does anet do ? focus more on adventuring drives pvp further away from gw1

They should never even have attempted to be an e-sport. Not with the current sub-par combat system.

If you’re going to make your game into an e-sport, you had better make sure that your game mechanics and class balance are really solid.

A company sells a product. Two people are happy with it and buy it. The third claims he’s being swindled. Is it a swindle? Only in the opinion of the person asserting he’s being swindled, and that opinion is irrelevant to everyone else.

Not an entirely invalid argument. But then again, almost all victims of swindling think they are not being swindled at first. That doesn’t mean they are not a victim of it.

And I feel that is the case here. Customers are paying the price of a full game, for something that is not a full game worth of content. Some of the consumers think this is perfectly reasonable. Others think this is a rip off. Is it a rip off?

You might say that that is all in the eye of the beholder. But I disagree. Can’t see say objectively that they are getting less for their money now, than they did before?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Ricky.4706

they had that in gw1 – but they avoid “technical challenges” – they can do it, they just don’t like doing it lol -it’s called work for a reason :p -

I have no doubts in this team to be honest, what i am wondering if they are trying to go to alaska when I’m thinking bermuda. Telling me to just get on, isn’t working this time around….i want a tan, not freezing weather :p

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

It’s not worth much of anything content-wise. It’s $50 fee for the people that sit around in LA buying outfits anyway, that Anet knows know will go for anything.

They’ve rolled some game updates into it to try and gate them behind it, but still… just turns me off.

VOLKON.1290

Not an entirely invalid argument. But then again, almost all victims of swindling think they are not being swindled at first. That doesn’t mean they are not a victim of it.

And I feel that is the case here. Customers are paying the price of a full game, for something that is not a full game worth of content. Some of the consumers think this is perfectly reasonable. Others think this is a rip off. Is it a rip off?

You might say that that is all in the eye of the beholder. But I disagree. Can’t see say objectively that they are getting less for their money now, than they did before?

So, without knowing the full content of the expansion you’ve predetermined an opinion that paying the cost of the core game for the expansion isn’t worth it to you. My opinion differs. How about that.

What are we arguing about again?

#TeamJadeQuarry

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

So, without knowing the full content of the expansion you’ve predetermined an opinion that paying the cost of the core game for the expansion isn’t worth it to you. My opinion differs. How about that.

Not knowing the full content, does not mean we don’t know the overall size of the expansion. You are not getting a full game, but you ARE paying for one.

Ayrilana.1396

Not knowing the full content, does not mean we don’t know the overall size of the expansion. You are not getting a full game, but you ARE paying for one.

Many people purchased the expansion because they believe it has enough content to be worth $50 to them. Whether or not it has enough content as a full game is irrelevant. That is a criteria that you came up with yourself and you cannot impose that on anyone else.

Considering that all expansions never contain as much content as the core game, and you’re making a fuss about the expansion costing as much as one, it would be safe to assume that you will not be purchasing the expansion until well after its release date and the price drops? Because if you do purchase it at the current price, that’s essentially acknowledgement by you that it was actually worth the price of a full game.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

As it is priced now, with how little we know about the expansion, I will not be buying it till the price drops sharply.

VOLKON.1290

I see it as paying for an expansion, and paying a lot less than expansions from other games I played in the past. Wrath of the Lich King, for example, was full-game priced iirc and also had basically a $180 per year access fee just to play the game I paid for. Not only that, they trickled out the content over the course of many months, so the Lich King himself wasn’t available until half a year or so until after the expansion went live. So comparable or less content on release yet an additional access fee of $180 per year for WotLK, or $50 for the expansion with more than enough content to satisfy me, plus the knowledge that things like Living Story as well as other content additions will be an ongoing process…

The Lady doth protest to much methinks…

#TeamJadeQuarry

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Your example is something that would not have been acceptable to me (probably one of the reasons I don’t play WoW).

Keep in mind though that by accepting inflated prices, you give Anet reason to keep up this behavior. You as a consumer could also be encouraging the opposite.

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

Your logic is faulty OP.

Let’s pretend I spent $60 for 500 hours of gameplay and I’d have to pay $50 for say 250 hours of gameplay.

Obviously the first game has more value than the second. But then what if the other games that I could get only give me 100 hours for $50.

The problem is, you can’t judge on absolutely value. You can only judge on comparative value.

And of course, you can judge on what comes out for free that you’d also be getting for that $50. Just as you’re including some stuff that came out after release in your first consideration.

You may not believe you can get is much, so it behooves you to wait. I believe I’ll get a lot of playtime. Whether it’s as much or not is not relevant. I’m happy to get 250 hours playtime out of $50. That would stretch my entertainment dollar quite far.

But you know, it’s all about perspective.

Aaah but you discount the QUALITY of these hours. Skyrim, for instance, gave me 150 hours of much more quality than the hours i spent in gw2. Grinding is pretty boring, farming for gold, karma trains, etc.
All in all, i’d value them about the same but Skyrim has more replayability (since the adventure is VERY different depending on the character you make and the choices you make…for instance my 2nd character never completed the main quest. I never fought a dragon with him. However, he was a very succesful thief ^^ )

Posted by: selberkh.6859

selberkh.6859

If i buy HoT standard is it possible to pay the difference and upgrade to ultimate?

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

No, you can only update to the deluxe edition. If you want the Ultimate edition, you’ll have to purchase that one.

“Starting on June 23, 2015, you will be able to upgrade to Deluxe in the gem store, but the only way to receive the Ultimate edition is to buy it from buy.guildwars2.com or in-game.”

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Ricky.4706

fair enough, i can see why it’s working better for you than me….

I’m pretty much a pug player, my enjoyment is going around to different events meeting new people making new strategies, learning new stuff and simply being free spirited, lone wolf merc for hire. – this path gets repeatedly stomped by these changes. I find fun popular places, popular things to do – some before they even get popular, they pop up on the radar – get changed …die …again and again.

why don’t they work on places that aren’t popular and stop killing popular things just so people go to less popular places ? the old daily was fun because I had my favorite spots to visit, the new daily forces you to go to less visited spots. maybe they are less visited because they are less fun ? maybe ?

Maybe it’s time you spread your wings. As the game changes, how you approach it has to change. This is true for all MMOs. There was a period of time when I did fractals like mad. I did them for months. Then I did other stuff.

When an MMO changes, you go out and you find what works for you, because it’s very very easy to get into a rut, and it’s even easier to think the rut is the game.

Remember the Queensdale champ train? Do you know how many people logged on and pretty much did nothing but that all day? Sometimes for hours. But it’s not the game. And when it got nerfed, some people were mad. They complained that they game was ruined because there weren’t so many champs in starting areas.

But there was just as many people, probably more, who loved that change too.

yes, but this is also an evaluation time for possible change of game, there is new art software that is also coming out that i may want to get, and there are other things I could ‘spend’ time on as well – things do have to get budgeted.

I can adapt, and have adapted over the years with the constant changes, but it has been exhausting – this time i want to know if where they are going is something I want to adapt to …or just put the game aside for a while and go elsewhere – i already own gw2 so i can just pick it up later in life – but i like anet , and would rather spend some time finding out what the kitten is going on and maybe if i can add my 2 cents before i go ahead and let this software take up space in my hard drive like so many others have as well.

It’s a game, I don’t have to anything. I just like guildwars and the community but the game is feeling more psychotic than diverse with it’s changes.

it’s like playing a game of chess, but somewhere along the way it was required to tie rooks together with a piece of string for a nunchuk fight to decide the winner…

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

From what I read, the Chinese company is doing all of the sales and NCSOFT gets royalties. Royalties are not reported as sales or at least not for GW2. They’re likely reported as other income or something of the like.

Tell me, is it sunny in the park today?

Because I don’t think you understand what being a public trade company means. NCSoft’s earnings and numbers are available online, which makes all your guessing and making-believe irrelevant – those who actually know what they’re talking about can just look and see for themselves.

There is no way around it – the China release was a failure. That is a fact. GW2’s earnings, including the entire income from gem sales, have been falling prior HoT, and the Living Story didn’t prevent it – that is a fact.

Now, would you need me to link you more evidence, or are you willing to simply accept the facts?

Posted by: Genoshock.2104

Genoshock.2104

And I felt a cool aura around my belly as if someone was giving me a good cuddle,

I went and had a steak which I cooked and I have been thinking about release day ever since.

I am set in stone now and cannot wait! Anyone else?

Vayne.8563

I preordered too and I’m happy with my purchase.

Ayrilana.1396

From what I read, the Chinese company is doing all of the sales and NCSOFT gets royalties. Royalties are not reported as sales or at least not for GW2. They’re likely reported as other income or something of the like.

Tell me, is it sunny in the park today?

Because I don’t think you understand what being a public trade company means. NCSoft’s earnings and numbers are available online, which makes all your guessing and making-believe irrelevant – those who actually know what they’re talking about can just look and see for themselves.

There is no way around it – the China release was a failure. That is a fact. GW2’s earnings, including the entire income from gem sales, have been falling prior HoT, and the Living Story didn’t prevent it – that is a fact.

Now, would you need me to link you more evidence, or are you willing to simply accept the facts?

I don’t think you understand financial/earnings statements and how things are classified. All you’ve shown is that you know how to post links. You haven’t shown you understand what they contain. This is definitely true since you confused sales with profits. There’s a big difference from direct sales and income from royalties.

Posted by: MattressDrayke.9318

MattressDrayke.9318

So I just want to make sure before I buy it,

So does every version of the expansion (standard, deluxe, and ultimate) come with a character slot?

VOLKON.1290

Your example is something that would not have been acceptable to me (probably one of the reasons I don’t play WoW).

Keep in mind though that by accepting inflated prices, you give Anet reason to keep up this behavior. You as a consumer could also be encouraging the opposite.

That’s just it. I don’t see these prices as “inflated”. I also don’t only look at the price as an isolated, stand alone thing. I look at the whole package, cost per unit time and all that.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

If you are upgrading an existing account, yes.

Posted by: MattressDrayke.9318

MattressDrayke.9318

Ok thank you, just want to make sure before I make the purchase

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Some versions (Ultimate/Deluxe [if eligible]) come with two!

Good luck.

Ayrilana.1396

Ok thank you, just want to make sure before I make the purchase

Keep in mind that you might not get it right away and may end up having to wait until when the expansion is released. If you buy one od the editions that contains it, you’ll get that one immediately.

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

totally NOT worth it.
not because of lack of content..but because they didn’t fix the main game issue: server performance.
if that point is not addressed with this xpack.. than it is totally NOT worth paying for it.
with the current graphics and content we are already having insane skill lag.
when you add to that the new areas + layers + more players the situation is going to get to a level where it wil lbe impossible to do anything unless you AVOID areas with big ammount of players. and thats not a MMO playstyle: to avoid players.
so ye.. im not purchasing it until the server performance is improved to a level where it gets acceptable and players can actually do wvw and mass events without any server failure.

Test.8734

I don’t think you understand financial/earnings statements and how things are classified. All you’ve shown is that you know how to post links. You haven’t shown you understand what they contain. This is definitely true since you confused sales with profits. There’s a big difference from direct sales and income from royalties.

I don’t think you understand financial/earnings statements and how things are classified. You haven’t even shown that you know where to find them. You haven’t shown you have read them. This is definitely true since you confused sales of the core game with global earnings. There’s a big difference from sales of the core game and global earnings.

Not to mention how you have avoided the main facts here: China release = failure. GW2 profits until HoT = falling. Those are the undeniable truths you have been dancing around because you cannot accept they are true, but you also cannot deny thet are facts.

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t think you understand financial/earnings statements and how things are classified. You haven’t even shown that you know where to find them. You haven’t shown you have read them. This is definitely true since you confused sales of the core game with global earnings. There’s a big difference from sales of the core game and global earnings.

Not to mention how you have avoided the main facts here: China release = failure. GW2 profits until HoT = falling. Those are the undeniable truths you have been dancing around because you cannot accept they are true, but you also cannot deny thet are facts.

Um… wow. Based on your mangling of my argument to twist it as your own, you had no idea what I was talking about.

I never denied that the Chinese launch hit a bump. What I was arguing about was your lack of understanding about the financials such as assuming royalties were part of that sales chart for the GW2 trend (which you also mislabeled as being profit) when there was no indication that it was so and could have been part of the Other trend line.

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

I bought standard, and used my gold to upgrade >:D

Proud TTS member

Test.8734

Um… wow. Based on your mangling of my argument to twist it as your own, you had no idea what I was talking about.

Ah, that explains why you were trying to mangle my argument about GW2’s poor performance. You would have saved yourself a lot of work if you had just admitted you had no idea what I was talking about.

What I was arguing about was your lack of understanding about the financials such as assuming royalties were part of that sales chart for the GW2 trend (which you also mislabeled as being profit) when there was no indication that it was so and could have been part of the Other trend line.

Ah, so now you are claiming that, in your making-believe scenario, the royalties are part of the “Other” earnings? So you still haven’t bothered to go take a look yourself, and yet you are trying to talk about something you admit you haven’t seen? Right.

Really, you are trying to dance around the issue. GW2’s earnings have fallen, almost continually since release. The China release was very weak. Between both of those, it’s little surprise they are not overpricing HoT, in order to make up for the loss in earnings since release. It may be a good solution for them, but not for us.

Ayrilana.1396

Ah, that explains why you were trying to mangle my argument about GW2’s poor performance. You would have saved yourself a lot of work if you had just admitted you had no idea what I was talking about.

I was arguing against your links like I’ve stated several times already. I highly suggest that you go and re-read what my posts stated. I’ll wait here for you to copy and paste this post, like you did with the others, and change a few words before passing it off as your argument.

What I was arguing about was your lack of understanding about the financials such as assuming royalties were part of that sales chart for the GW2 trend (which you also mislabeled as being profit) when there was no indication that it was so and could have been part of the Other trend line.

Ah, so now you are claiming that, in your making-believe scenario, the royalties are part of the “Other” earnings? So you still haven’t bothered to go take a look yourself, and yet you are trying to talk about something you admit you haven’t seen? Right.

Really, you are trying to dance around the issue. GW2’s earnings have fallen, almost continually since release. The China release was very weak. Between both of those, it’s little surprise they are not overpricing HoT, in order to make up for the loss in earnings since release. It may be a good solution for them, but not for us.

Can you prove that the China sales are part of the NCSoft sales for GW2? Based on that graph you posted, I provided more evidence that they are not and are instead part of other earnings. I’ve taken more of a look than you as I’ve looked at all of the earnings statements for NCSoft from the beginning of 2013 through now.

What’s even more hilarious is that post of yours where you claim GW2 earnings have fallen do not even link to NCSoft but to the Chinese provider handling it in China. You also linked a chart created by a third party with no sources listed as to where they got their data. On top of that you introduced the chart as showing profit when the chart clearly stated sales. So either you don’t know the difference between sales and profit or you didn’t even think about what you were seeing and just posting whatever links happened to appear to support your opinion.

You also don’t realize that sales for games tend to have a large spike when releases and then drop down just as quickly before tapering off.

Edit: Oh yeah. Here’s a quick chart using the data from NCSoft’s earnings reports for GW2. Funny that it shows a huge spike as expect for when the game was first release then a sharp decline immediately after followed by a steady line. Hmm. Yeah, they’re definitely losing earnings. Just look at the line after the Chinese version was released. Wow, how will they ever recover from that huge drop?

Attachments:

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Vayne.8563

Sorry but you’re just guessing. As far as game’s earnings falling since release, it happens to a huge percentage of games, probably well over 90% of them. That’s normal for all games, including most MMOs.

You can bet the business plan expects profits to fall over time, in any entertainment venture. That’s normal. Business plans show expected profits that taper off. And yes, I know this for a fact, it’s not just some theory. When you produce a book, you expect to make most of your money in the first 30 days, and most of the rest of your money in the next 90 days. The book will still sell, but in virtually all cases, the next ten years don’t equal the first 90 days. Games are the same way. That’s why they usually drop so far in price after launch.

Guild Wars 2 has always met expectations, according to the information we’ve gotten from NcSoft directly. So your theory about NcSoft overcharging based on your personal opinion that it’s not worth it, is just that. Your theory.

If this game wasn’t living up to expectations we’d have seen some layoffs. Anet is still hiring.

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

You guys are being trolled.

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

Will do later on, i’m not in a hurry, there’s still enough time, doubt they will release it until okt-dec