So Disappointed After The First Beta

in Revenant

Posted by: DaveyC.4398

DaveyC.4398

Hello All,

I had high hopes after playing the Revenant at EGX Rezzed. After Playing the first beta, I am so disappointed.

I have tried a zerker and condi build with all weapon types. All I have seen is crazy low DPS, to the point where it took about 8 mins to kill a vet with other players.

That and no underwater weapon hardly make it much of a Beta.

From my perspective, I wish Arena net had not bothered with this weekend. I would have preferred them admitting that we are a long way away from hot completion.

After what I have seen today, I doubt very much that I will be playing a rev from day one, if even at all.

For what it is worth, I am seriously questioning whether I have a future in this game. (No you cannot have my stuff).

I guess that’s what you get for blind loyalty when the overlords have a culture of bleeding gamblers dry when you are a bit of a gambler yourself.

in Revenant

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

You know this is why they have betas, right?

You feel that the revenant has low DPS. (You’re right) So you post and offer your opinion. The devs read your opinion and have a chance to change things.

You’re right, we are a long way away from completion. But isn’t it better to be able to say “The revenant’s DPS is too low” now while we are a long way from completion, and get it fixed before release, rather than getting your completed product, creating your new revenant, and being stuck with low DPS? That’s what beta tests are for.

in Revenant

DaveyC.4398

its not actually the first ‘Beta’ though’ is it right?

in Revenant

Posted by: Duke of Thorin.7425

Duke of Thorin.7425

Hello All,

~Snip~

I have tried a zerker and condi build with all weapon types. All I have seen is crazy low DPS, to the point where it took about 8 mins to kill a vet with other players.

~Snip~

Yeah, I’ve tried most of the damaging routes that we have the option to use so far and I’m seeing pitiful damage. At this current rate, I feel like I’m doing the same damage as a Nomad thief. Sure, we can heal, but we apply so little pressure that a lone Healing Signet on an unarmored warrior can probably out-heal Revs. Everything feels fluid, neat, and thematic, but that isn’t worth a copper if it’s not functionally useful.

in Revenant

DaveyC.4398

In a nutshell, it comes down to this.

Low DPS
Lack of speed buffs
Massive indifference between the first two and the latest stance. Ventare is weak. I know it is meant to be but at the same time, it doesn’t feel that healey

in Revenant

DaveyC.4398

Having owned and built your game for nearly three years, surely you must know that this is the case??

in Revenant

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Hello All,

I had high hopes after playing the Revenant at EGX Rezzed. After Playing the first beta, I am so disappointed.

From my perspective, I wish Arena net had not bothered with this weekend. I would have preferred them admitting that we are a long way away from hot completion.

After what I have seen today, I doubt very much that I will be playing a rev from day one, if even at all.

For what it is worth, I am seriously questioning whether I have a future in this game. (No you cannot have my stuff).

I guess that’s what you get for blind loyalty when the overlords have a culture of bleeding gamblers dry when you are a bit of a gambler yourself.

It is utterly dumbfounding how many people don’t understand the purpose of a beta test.

It isn’t to market a finished product. Its to find flaws and address them.

You know, “Hey devs, it looks like the revenant has a problem with damage output you may need to address” is a great way for a beta tester to report issues they discover.

Your response isn’t That of a beta tester. It’s that of someone looking for a bnigh complete product, which this isn’t.

I suggest you and others of your persuasion look up what a beta test and beta testers are. It certainly seems you either don’t get it, or don’t have it in you.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I’m not very concerned with current Revenant low damage. It’s a beta, plus we have Healer legend, Tank legend and basically useless legend (maybe good in pvp?).

Shiro and Glint will fix it. And we’ll forget about current revenant stuff. Seriously, if upcoming legends and weapons are good, nobody is going to use current ones.

At the moment we have meh traits and only 2 useful utility skills (yes, 2, all the other skills are crap).

Staff deals devent damage with AA and skill 5, but the other skills are pretty much support. Mace is nice but has almost no cleave. Hammer has nice range and skills but AA is too slow.

It has to be fixed or at least have the DPS legends added.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

DaveyC.4398

Hello All,

It is utterly dumbfounding how many people don’t understand the purpose of a beta test.

You know, “Hey devs, it looks like the revenant has a problem with damage output you may need to address” is a great way for a beta tester to report issues they discover.

Your response isn’t That of a beta tester. It’s that of someone looking for a bnigh complete product, which this isn’t.

I suggest you and others of your persuasion look up what a beta test and beta testers are. It certainly seems you either don’t get it, or don’t have it in you.

Do you honestly think that this is a true beta?

Its hardly a beta when at least half of the main functionality is missing. This is a publicity beta more than anything else.

Arena Net have software to test DPS and other elements of mobs and professions. This weekend is about letting people have a hands on experience and nothing else.

From my perspective I am disappointed. Please don’t try and insult my intelligence by trying to tell me I don’t know what a Beta is as I have working for a software house for over 10 years.

I am quite familiar with the software testing process. I am also quite familiar with how marketing works also.

in Revenant

DaveyC.4398

Hello All,

I think you are also forgetting that low DPS was reported after the last Portal Beta. All that seems to have changed is the inclusion of a staff and the venrtari legend. This also equates to low DPS.

in Revenant

Morfedel.4165

Hello All,

Its hardly a beta when at least half of the main functionality is missing. This is a publicity beta more than anything else.

Arena Net have software to test DPS and other elements of mobs and professions. This weekend is about letting people have a hands on experience and nothing else.

From my perspective I am disappointed. Please don’t try and insult my intelligence by trying to tell me I don’t know what a Beta is as I have working for a software house for over 10 years.

I am quite familiar with the software testing process. I am also quite familiar with how marketing works also.

Before I switched to the medical field I was a software developer in test.

And yes I think this is a beta. For one they are already getting bug and damage output reports. You know, kinda like a beta. Doesn’t mean they can’t use it for marketing as well, but they said it isn’t finished, it’s CLEAR it isn’t finished, it’s painful obvious it needs more testing and work to finish it, and yet for some unfathomable reason despite all this you DON’T think this is a beta test?

The only one insulting your intelligence is you.

in Revenant

Morfedel.4165

Hello All,

I think you are also forgetting that low DPS was reported after the last Portal Beta. All that seems to have changed is the inclusion of a staff and the venrtari legend. This also equates to low DPS.

Not at all. It was in an enclosed environment though. Seeing it in action side by side with And against the other classes in the open environment will give them much more useful data.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ryan.2758

Ryan.2758

Hello All,

I’m sorry but you clearly don’t know how betas work in regards to game development. Sorry, theres no need to get upset about it.

Damage is going to be low until we have the dps legends and the damage focused weapons. Not to mention the damage traits.

Again. Its beta. Expect the numbers to be off. It was the same case back for the original launch with some of the professions.

in Revenant

DaveyC.4398

Other classes where available in the Beta Portal event. Even in my EGX experience other professions where available and played by other people, for what it is worth. Arena Net calculate their boss stats using software, this has been stated on the forums previously. This should be no different for our new class, and probably isn’t.

Lets get one thing straight. I am not trying to kittenbag Arena Net. I appreciate the work they are doing as I love the franchise. I have been here since GW1 Prophecies. I am also reading between the unspoken lines.

As I have already stated, I have experience in development and marketing. What we have been presented with isn’t worthy of a beta. Both on Arena Nets side and the players side.

To me this feels like PR from the beta backlash and the lack of information for quite some time.

Unless you can give me genuine reasons backed up with genuine facts other than ‘Useful Data’ .

I would appreciate you not white knitting my forum post. Prior to this I was the biggest of them all nearly

(edited by DaveyC.4398)

in Revenant

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

3rd beta. Told them that rev dps was terrible for all of them. Nothing changed. Nothing will change. They are way behind schedule, they just need to keep pushing forward, there is no looking back.

in Revenant

DaveyC.4398

3rd beta. Told them that rev dps was terrible for all of them. Nothing changed. Nothing will change. They are way behind schedule, they just need to keep pushing forward, there is no looking back.

Honesty is the best policy, I personally believe they didn’t start it until way later than what they said. That is not really the point but I wish they would just be straight with us.

in Revenant

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

The other time where we got to play Revenant was a stress test, not specifically to beta the revenant itself, unlike now.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Revenant is a necromancer in heavy armor. Leave the dps alone. Necromancer deserves a buff first

But in all honesty shrio legend wasn’t playable. The weapons and legends used are not made for dps

in Revenant

Posted by: Seth.8906

Seth.8906

low dps ok we dont have a dps legend, but on pvp is really useless he cant tank a fly.
Tried a lot of build tank dps condi no one work..

I know is a beta but for now revenant is really boring

in Revenant

DaveyC.4398

The other time where we got to play Revenant was a stress test, not specifically to beta the revenant itself, unlike now.

The exact same comments where made then though :/

in Revenant

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

People are forgetting something about this beta… this whole event wasn’t in their original plans. It is a “bonus” event for extra feedback on the Revenant, as we have seen, because the short CBT they had didn’t give them enough feedback.

Colin said this himself, they don’t consider this a fully fledged Beta Weekend Event. Part of the reason this test exists is because the gear in the CBT was the same used for the convention demo and they basically said that while they had reasons for having that gear set for the demo in hindsight they should have changed it for the CBT event.

Source: first segment of the PoI stream today.

in Revenant

Posted by: tracysilva.7231

tracysilva.7231

I’m not at all good at understanding the mechanics of gameplay but I did have a wee go with my revenant tonight.
She was heavy and slow. Quite cute in the armour though. I felt she sure didn’t make much impression on the baddies even though I swapped to try the staff (pretty animations) and then the axe and mace. It took her ages to kill a bird! Poor bird, death by boredom.
For me I would love to try the revenant learning one skill at a time then I can see the best ways to use them and combine them. Like from the beginning instead of starting at level 80.
It was nice and interesting though to try out this new class.

in Revenant

DaveyC.4398

People are forgetting something about this beta… this whole event wasn’t in their original plans. It is a “bonus” event for extra feedback on the Revenant, as we have seen, because the short CBT they had didn’t give them enough feedback.

Colin said this himself, they don’t consider this a fully fledged Beta Weekend Event. Part of the reason this test exists is because the gear in the CBT was the same used for the convention demo and they basically said that while they had reasons for having that gear set for the demo in hindsight they should have changed it for the CBT event.

Source: first segment of the PoI stream today.

That’s actually how I see it. I would rather have confirmation that we can expect X number of months without an update rather than something that is not even close. Prior to this I was excited about the revenant. Now the only thing that I am looking forward to is the Reaper.

Watch this space .

in Revenant

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You know this is why they have betas, right?

You feel that the revenant has low DPS. (You’re right) So you post and offer your opinion. The devs read your opinion and have a chance to change things.

You’re right, we are a long way away from completion. But isn’t it better to be able to say “The revenant’s DPS is too low” now while we are a long way from completion, and get it fixed before release, rather than getting your completed product, creating your new revenant, and being stuck with low DPS? That’s what beta tests are for.

You might have a point, except that most of the problems with the revenant have been revealed with the first HoT beta (the “stress test” one) and confirmed again with the second one (“beta portal test”). Most, because while no problem have actually been addressed, some were added with the Ventari legend and staff, and the condi change negatively affecting Mallyx (let’s not consider lack of underwater weapons as revenant problem yet – it’s clearly “just” a dev messup after all).

So, the fact that now we get all the problems that existed before, with no visible attempts to address them, suggests that all our feedback is completely useless, as it is being simply ignored.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Revenant

Posted by: Cambeleg.7632

Cambeleg.7632

Just one point: the Legendary (and trait line) related with DPS didn’t release yet. I still don’t get why all this ‘low DPS’ question when this is a fact. We have Mallyx, Jalis and Ventari. Still we need to see the last one (Shiro?) for having all them, and to value prolly the class.

Its really just that simple.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Just one point: the Legendary (and trait line) related with DPS didn’t release yet. I still don’t get why all this ‘low DPS’ question when this is a fact. We have Mallyx, Jalis and Ventari. Still we need to see the last one (Shiro?) for having all them, and to value prolly the class.

One DPS legendary? Yeah this class has already failed.

in Revenant

Crise.9401

So, the fact that now we get all the problems that existed before, with no visible attempts to address them, suggests that all our feedback is completely useless, as it is being simply ignored.

Regarding feedback not being addressed, well since this test was outside of their original plans it makes sense that changes based on what feedback they did receive either are not done yet (ie. any internal deadlines they may have had probably did not account for this event) or if they are done they are part of the profession we have not yet seen. They are not going to spend time balancing an incomplete profession for, lacking a better word, an improvised beta event.

(edited by Crise.9401)

in Revenant

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Well, if Shiro and its weapon would change the dps situation, it would mean that it would become a must-have. And Shiro’s weapon (likely a sword) would be the only weapon to use.
Still wouldn’t change the problem with each weapon being made for only one legend, but needing to be used with two.

As for feedback not being addressed, well since this test was outside of their original plans

So you agree, that this beta doesn’t seem to be well prepared, and as such is likely a pure marketing ploy, instead of (as they claimed in their blog) a real event aimed at improving the game?

it makes sense that changes based on what feedback they did receive either are not done yet (ie. any internal deadlines they may have had probably did not account for this event) or if they are done they are part of the profession we have not yet seen.

Erm, the problems that we point out are very much parts of the profession we can see. And if they weren’t addressed yet, there’s no point to test them again before those fixes are applied. It’s not like such test would give a different result.

They are not going to spend time balancing an incomplete profession for, lacking a better word, an improvised beta event.

Ah, so you do agree that it’s not a real beta.

Besides fine tuning the class can only happen when all the pieces are in play anyways.

Not when what is needed is not fine-tuning, but rework of some of the core class principles.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Revenant

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I didn’t expect high direct damage since we don’t have the damage weapon/legend. But you could at least expect good condition damage from the mace-axe/Mallyx. The Mallyx legend will shine against a condi build. Fine, but at least the weapons should be able to give some conditions themselves and this is just not the case. In a sense, it reminds me of necromancer. You can destroy incoming conditions, send them back, transform them into boons… but you can’t give conditions yourself.

in Revenant

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I’m not sure what you want to call it but one thing is certain, it’s NOT the finished product we are going to see when HoT is released. Making pre-emptive conclusions based on your single experience on unfinished work makes little sense.

in Revenant

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

I havent played it much myself but the damage seems to be fine
Cant expect it to out damage a warrior.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cambeleg.7632

Cambeleg.7632

Or you didn’t check the class, or you just ignore it. Jalis is a support stance, Mallix is focused to conditions, Ventari offers heals… so there is a fourth legend/stance that will potence DPS somehow. This is the point.

Its really just that simple.

in Revenant

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Or you didn’t check the class, or you just ignore it. Jalis is a support stance, Mallix is focused to conditions, Ventari offers heals… so there is a fourth legend/stance that will potence DPS somehow. This is the point.

Not only that but based on how the class works, how many DPS legendaries are actually necessary? I would say … just one.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

We’re missing an offensive Legend for now, and also an entire trait line (each one seems to match the Legend). So far, we have Demon Mallyx for conditions, Jalis for tankyness, and Ventari for healing/support. There’s at least two more that’s been datamined (Shiro? and Glint) that isn’t available yet, so as far as balance goes, Revenant is incomplete.

in Revenant

Crise.9401

Well, if Shiro and its weapon would change the dps situation, it would mean that it would become a must-have. And Shiro’s weapon (likely a sword) would be the only weapon to use.

I agree with this, however, you are forgetting that Shiro’s supposed weapon is one-hander. You are assuming a dualwield swords, which although might happen is hardly confirmed. The only weapon that seems to be totally tied to a legend to use is Staff. Seeing as hammer and Axe are the only ranged options so far they might see some use (especially the axe, depending on sword off-hand skills).

So you agree, that this beta doesn’t seem to be well prepared, and as such is likely a pure marketing ploy, instead of (as they claimed in their blog) a real event aimed at improving the game?

It can be both is the way I see it anyways. Sure there is a marketing component to this, but a developer working on the game doesn’t care about that the marketing team does. Meanwhile the developer is focused on what they can gain from this. If this was a “pure” marketing ploy why would they have bothered to give you different gear and bunch of other stuff that wasn’t there before (after all the majority had yet to play Revenant at all in any state). Also, here is another angle on this, perhaps they wanted to test the restrictions placed on the beta slot with a larger test group before throwing other things to it, that do not exist in the live game, as well to see if anything was overlooked.

And if they weren’t addressed yet, there’s no point to test them again before those fixes are applied. It’s not like such test would give a different result.

You are too easily putting value on the opinions of at most a couple of hundred people of which minority voiced their opinion openly most likely. The rest are just basing it on backseat gaming or echoing others. Also, ArenaNet likely has things set up that allows them to pull data about various aspects of Revenant usage, simply adding additional stat selections in play can give them information about the current setup of Revenant they did not have access to before (from speculation and observations to hard data). Not to mention previous betas and showings were not on the core specializations patch but lacked all those adjustments to other classes (PvP in particular). Not to mention any data about how Revenant interacts with existing content (see reports about certain dungeon paths for example).

Ah, so you do agree that it’s not a real beta.

See above.

(edited by Crise.9401)

in Revenant

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Ok after more testing i see where you are coming from the damage is really really bad !

in Revenant

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

I didn’t expect high direct damage since we don’t have the damage weapon/legend. But you could at least expect good condition damage from the mace-axe/Mallyx. The Mallyx legend will shine against a condi build. Fine, but at least the weapons should be able to give some conditions themselves and this is just not the case. In a sense, it reminds me of necromancer. You can destroy incoming conditions, send them back, transform them into boons… but you can’t give conditions yourself.

I have been trying to use the Mallyx legend with a full Acended Sinister set (weapons, armor all infused with 5 condi/5 tough).. two sinister ascended jewels (nec, and ring) and with food the highest condi I could achieve was in the 1300s. Mind you this gear I have already crafted prior to beta so I could use it immediately on my beta toon.

My necro does much higher condi damage at present, with mostly exotic rabid armor,. This tells me that the Rev’s condi damage using a condi build, running the condi legend is way below game standard. I have not tried a dps build, but I am guessing from others reactions that the dps builds are feeling the pain as well.

in Revenant

Posted by: stevonzo.6879

stevonzo.6879

Hello All,

While you are mostly correct, you are blaming the wrong people. The gaming industry has started using beta testing as a marketing tool rather than what it is supposed to be. You can’t really blame gamers at this point. You should be saying, “it is dumbfounding how the game companies don’t know the purpose of a beta test” or “it is dumbfounding that these companies continue to knowingly misuse beta tests”.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Hello All,

While you are mostly correct, you are blaming the wrong people. The gaming industry has started using beta testing as a marketing tool rather than what it is supposed to be. You can’t really blame gamers at this point. You should be saying, “it is dumbfounding how the game companies don’t know the purpose of a beta test” or “it is dumbfounding that these companies continue to knowingly misuse beta tests”.

If this is marketing tool beta, then it has failed miserably. I’ve been in 2 betas the first and this one. The 2nd one was a joke of a decision to put access through rng. Bottom line is Rev has failed to impress ever since the beginning.
This is a terrible marketing idea … if it is one.
It’s not dps problem only, I put on healing gears n set it up as healing support with staff, god it’s awful to play.

(edited by Pino.5209)

in Revenant

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

It is. Before this it was a stress test.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Revenant

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

It is. Before this it was a stress test.

If this is the current state of Rev @ dev end, probably the predicted August isn’t a realistic date. Unless, the beta is older build … then this beta is not really a beta, more of preview.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ronah Lynda.2496

Ronah Lynda.2496

This was not the beta.. Its the begining of a new Alpha.

The GW2 game is in beta since the start. It has seen so many changes over the past ~3 years, that no otgher game has. Plus all the 2 weeks updates needed to be fixed just hours later from the paches because of the game breaking bugs.

Yes, i know, they call this a “Living Game” or “An Evolving World” while it is nothing more then bata-testing various ideas coming from dofferent places.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

All these negative comments about the class don’t bode well. . . .

Gone to Reddit.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aurora.9062

Aurora.9062

Had some fun on the Rev trialling melee staff and ranged hammer (was weird to wrap my mind around it initially. Some things I thought about it (some are similar to what others have said):

-DPS was really low (it feels like an evil mesmer, but with much lower DPS). The highest i was hitting on hammer with full Zerk gear was about 1000-1400 with crits? On mace/axe it was like 700-1000 with crit, and with staff it was about 900-1100. That feels like what a level 50 character would be hitting, not a level 80 one.
-Some interesting traits to make it into a support/condi build, but traits should allow an option for players who prefer DPS-heavy play methods.
-Staff should have blast options as well (to allow for speed stacking with the Dwarf Legend Uti Skill 1)
-Staff skill 2 felt pretty irrelevant to me (although skill 5 was awesome). Skill 3 block is nice, but would be good if it could last a little longer. Staff would probably feel better as a mid-ranged weapon (maybe 600). I mean, this is a STAFF. If i wanted to bash things with a stick up close, I would get a tree branch.
-WEAPON SWAP NEEDED. If it seems to OP too have weapon + legend swap, maybe you guys can consider linking weapon swaps to legend swaps. But we need to have the option of being able to change between range/melee, especially when facing bosses who can reflect projectiles at intervals.
-Centaur Stance Legend’s healing seems really weak IMO. Having the Ventari tablet disappear as soon as you swap legends makes any healing even more negligible. I found higher survivability on toggling between Demon/Dwarf and using their heals. This legend seriously needs a buff if it’s going to be the Rev’s main support legend.
-Hammer skill 4’s reflect would be better if it was closer to the character.
-Dwarf elite skill’s description seems glitched.
-DPS elite skill option would be nice.
-Again, DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS please. It majorly needs a buff.

Just my two cents after 2 hrs play on Rev running CM and Cursed Shore. Feel free to disagree!

(On a side note: when is Druid Beta?)

(edited by Aurora.9062)

in Revenant

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

All these negative comments about the class don’t bode well. . . .

Most negative feedback about Revenant is about it doing to little damage. That is incredibly easy to tweak.

It’s far more important that deeper, more complex mechanics, work and feel right. Because drastic changes to the profession mechanic, or the fancy way skills work, is a lot more work then tweaking damage numbers and scaling.

in Revenant

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I would say the twist on that. People have gotten used to beta tests where pretty much everything is working, is pretty much a media stunt and all the reported bugs is the only thing the game developer needs to do and has time to do since development is pretty much at an end. Gamers are not used to Betas where multiple things still aren’t working perfectly and if they report something they expect it to be fixed the next beta.

Because if anything… it’s most obvious that HoT is not done. And the OP expected a more ready product because it’s a beta which he expects to be at least working… which exactly isn’t what a beta is about. Or rather betas are something that developers want to be at least confident about showing to the public. It seems to me that ArenaNet is confident enough to share a much earlier cycle with us and then gathering some feedback regarding that.

So they have alot of work to do still. At least we know and can tell them. Rather than going “mimimimi its still not done” or “mimimi I don’t see the instant change I requested last beta.”

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Revenant

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

The revenant does not lack speed, guys.

It has Perma-Swiftness by Blasting their Lightning Field (Jalis #7) with Hammer #3 and #5, or Mace #3 (Bonus, the Field is long enough so that 2 of Mace #3’s Blast finishers triggers even in the open.)

Now, Mobility on the other hand…

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

in Revenant

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Some of my thoughts:

Skills

• I like that The Revenant can use the Blinding Truth “Blind-on-Heal” together with the Ventari Heal to Blind foes in an AoE every 2s, similar to Thief’s Black Powder.
  • Hammer’s Spike Potential at Max range isn’t Horrible, as you can chain Coalescance of Ruin into Phase Smash and Drop the Hammer relatively effortlessly.
  • Mace Mainhand needs an Update with the Condition changes being prevalent. The fire field created by Searing Fissure could stand a duration increase at the cost of longer CD (4s Duration with 4s CD, for instance).
  • Staff’s “Punishing Swipe” is very underperforming and generally results in a waste of energy. Adding a short-duration Daze to it might make it more prudent to use for the sake of interrupting enemies.

Specializations:

• Venom Enhancement and Yearning Empowerment should be merged as a minor GM trait (Corruption), leaving room for a Trait that allows the Revenant to stack Damaging Condis reliably even when not using Mace/Axe. My suggestion:
    • Sadistic Infusion – Inflict Torment (3 stack, 8s) When inflicting a Non-damaging Condition on a foe. 10s ICD. This will allow Staff and Hammer to apply Conditions without having to rely on RNG.
  • Invoking Harmony (Salvation) is a superflous addition to a bunch of already existing “Heal Others” buffs in the tree. I suggest it’s changed to aid the Revenant as well as his allies.
    • Invoking Harmony – Daze (1s) Nearby enemies when Invoking a Legend. ICD: 10s.
Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

in Revenant

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This was not the beta.. Its the begining of a new Alpha.

The GW2 game is in beta since the start. It has seen so many changes over the past ~3 years, that no otgher game has. Plus all the 2 weeks updates needed to be fixed just hours later from the paches because of the game breaking bugs.

Yes, i know, they call this a “Living Game” or “An Evolving World” while it is nothing more then bata-testing various ideas coming from dofferent places.

I guess you haven’t really played many games, to say that this sort of turnaround over the first few years is so staggering. Because its’ almost standard in MMOs for this sort of thing to happen. Huge overhauls during the first years.

Hell, Final Fantasy had to basically close down adn stop taking money and completely relaunch. Warhammer, AoC, even ESO and SWToR had huge changes in the first couple of years. Wildstar is going through that now too.

Not sure what games you’ve been playing, but I’m pretty sure Vanguard wasn’t one of them. lol

in Revenant

Morfedel.4165

Other classes where available in the Beta Portal event. Even in my EGX experience other professions where available and played by other people, for what it is worth. Arena Net calculate their boss stats using software, this has been stated on the forums previously. This should be no different for our new class, and probably isn’t.

Lets get one thing straight. I am not trying to kittenbag Arena Net. I appreciate the work they are doing as I love the franchise. I have been here since GW1 Prophecies. I am also reading between the unspoken lines.

As I have already stated, I have experience in development and marketing. What we have been presented with isn’t worthy of a beta. Both on Arena Nets side and the players side.

To me this feels like PR from the beta backlash and the lack of information for quite some time.

Unless you can give me genuine reasons backed up with genuine facts other than ‘Useful Data’ .

I would appreciate you not white knitting my forum post. Prior to this I was the biggest of them all nearly

Accusing someone of white knighting is a sad and tired way of trying to delegitamize someone else’s argument when they disagree with you.

And I could just add v easily tell you to back up your accusation with facts. It goes both ways.

They said it was a beta. Sure it could ALSO be marketing as well, they aren’t exclusive, but yes they clearly need more data. That legitimizes a beta