So, how am I supposed to do the hero points?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

LFG in map chat multiple times, no one shows up.
LFG using LFG tool, no one joins.

Actually scrap that, people do join the LFG but they are using me as a godkitten taxi into the instance and leave instantly causing me to relist over and over and over.

This is becoming increasingly frustrating as I am stuck waiting over and over to get these kitten points done.

I cannot imaging what it is going to be like on my other characters when I get around to them.

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Champs can usually be duo’d, and with 3-5 they’re quite easy. I often run into others at HPs when I’m doing them for daily xp. All other HPs are easy to solo. Try asking map chat, people frequently run champs for the xp. You may have better luck than LFG.

Edit: didn’t notice you said you tried map chat. Have you tried asking guildies? If you can’t make it happen, move on to soloable HPs and try again later.

(edited by Zodryn.4216)

psy.5437

I am trying to get groups of people together to do the points, no one is joining or cares to join mapchat or otherwise. I have waited up to twenty minutes spamming mapchat and LFGtool to get one or two people to join.

I should clarify these are usually the harder group HP left on maps, all the soloalble and communing ones are done
How will this be even remotely viable once people get sick of HoT?

(edited by psy.5437)

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

Dont worry, since the new legendaries require gift of maguuma mastery from all 4 HoT map completions. Is probably that hp trains will be quite common when they are released

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

I’ll admit, this crossed my mind as well. I’ve been lucky enough to run into groups 50-60% of the time, but anything that requires 3+ people to succeed should be at least called something different – such as a party challenge rather than a hero challenge. Simply isn’t enough DPS to knock the champs out alone within the provided time limit (let alone absorb the full focus of the champ damage without some serious dev modifications to heal skills).

And when the maps empty out, they simply won’t be completable without friends.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It won’t be.

psy.5437

Sigh…

This HP of the 10 odd people joining 2 stayed. One who left sent this:

this is bullkitten.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

It won’t be.

It still will be, as stated before if LFG won’t do it for you, just grab a few guildies or peeps from your friends list to do them with. And If you do not belong to a guild with members willing to help you with harder content might wanna consider joining a guild that works as it should

IndigoSundown.5419

It won’t be.

It still will be, as stated before if LFG won’t do it for you, just grab a few guildies or peeps from your friends list to do them with. And If you do not belong to a guild with members willing to help you with harder content might wanna consider joining a guild that works as it should

Maybe, just maybe, exploration objectives shouldn’t be group content. We’ve got 2 hour long meta events which require an organized map and we’re going to have raids. Why does exploring the map have to be yet another major production?

I’m glad that you’re optimistic about peoples’ willingness to drop what they’re doing to come help with map completion. I’m not.

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

Maybe I am optimistic, maybe not, maybe I created a guild for like-minded people, who knows. But there’s just a couple of hero points in HoT areas that can’t be done with maximum of 3 people, and if you are having trouble finding a couple of people willing to help, in an MMORPG might I add, I’d hazard a guess you’re not trying very hard.

And about the exploration being not soloable, atleast not for everyone is actually a pretty nifty way of anet saying that this is not a singleplayer game, you are not supposed to solo everything. Besides doing map comp with a friend or two is more entertaining than soloing it, try it out sometime.

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Hmm, maybe you’re just in a low populated megaserver? I completed specializations for 4 classes so far, one recently this weekend. Anytime I had to fight a tough champ, there was always someone nearby or the fight already started. Most of the time I’ll just trigger the HP and when the champ icon shows up on the screen, people start showing up (usually in Auric Basin). Though, I’ve done those fights enough times to know how to solo most of them.

I imagine Anet will modify the challenges to scale based on the number of players present, so I wouldn’t worry about what the future holds. For the time being, it is what it is. Personally, I’ve never bothered much with map chat or LFG. The only fight that needs some coordination is the vamp broodmother in Verdant Brink, but it’s real easy to get ppl to tag along if you wait to battle the Wyvern at night. Once you kill it, you just make a local chat announcement and bee line it to the airship. People will follow. Lots of other HP events happen that way too. In Auric Basin, most of the Pylon missions have HPs nearby and you just have ppl tag along.

Posted by: Kampilan.3895

Kampilan.3895

I managed to get one of the HPs on my own. It’s the one near where the Legendary Wyvern gets “summoned” by your new frog friends, near the Itzel grounds in VB.

This was relatively easy because all you have to do is channel. Of course, you have to deal with the Wyverns around the HP. Alone, it took me some creative landing (via the plateau where you fight the Legendary) so I don’t aggro all of them at once and more creative pulling to take the adds on one or two at a time.

The other one, me and a Guildie tried to take on a frog. It was… hard. Stuff spawns around you (all those bloody wasps) and then lag hits… yeah, timer ran out. At least I know the mex now, but lag sometimes makes me miss a dodge and you can go down easy from it.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The channeled HPs are not the problem. You can use a stealth char if you can’t clear the mobs around.

It’s the champion mob HPs that are tough to solo, mostly due to the time limit. And some of them have pretty nasty local spawns too, like the frog HP in Tangled Depths (but we still Duod that one with 2 engineers easily – duo engineer is OP as hell).

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

What class are you playing? I solo’d most champions with my thief.
I remember only a couple I had to ask help for (VB, the one in the bottom left, and TD, the one with the sniper and some adds).
Try looking for a cheese build for your class. For example, thief has P/P with dodges and inv precision, mesmer has condi staff.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It won’t be.

I think it’ll always be viable, because when very few people are playing many will be in one map. Right now, there’s just a lot of maps.

I can go into almost any zone, throw on a tag, call out a champ and people will come, even before the game when free to play that was true.

I think people need to link waypoints and directions though when calling out in map chat. So far I have yet to have a problem and I don’t suspect I will when the zones are less crowded.

Posted by: Kampilan.3895

Kampilan.3895

The channeled HPs are not the problem. You can use a stealth char if you can’t clear the mobs around.

It’s the champion mob HPs that are tough to solo, mostly due to the time limit. And some of them have pretty nasty local spawns too, like the frog HP in Tangled Depths (but we still Duod that one with 2 engineers easily – duo engineer is OP as hell).

This is true, yes. We were a Ranger (me) and a Druid taking on that Frog HP (I forgot its name. We were in a daze, hahaha, running an HP late in the evening for us while it was night in Maguuma).

We could take him, I think. But the spawns added to the difficulty, especially since some of them are Veteran.

And the bloody Frog can one-shot me with that bow attack after he reappears from stealth.

We just ran out of time

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I think they’ll eventually get nerfed (or scaled) to make them solo-able.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Actually scrap that, people do join the LFG but they are using me as a godkitten taxi into the instance and leave instantly causing me to relist over and over and over.

This is becoming increasingly frustrating as I am stuck waiting over and over to get these kitten points done.

I cannot imaging what it is going to be like on my other characters when I get around to them.

Most can be done with two.

Many can not.

Finding them isn’t easy nor fun.

No events leading to them.

Sad Anet.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Most can be done with two.

Many can not.

Finding them isn’t easy nor fun.

No events leading to them.

Sad Anet.

Half the fun in doing the HPs is finding the way there, IMO. Not everything in the game should be spoon-fed to you.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

I think one of the issues is that a lot of them aren’t easy to get to, or are gated behind a meta event that probably won’t be completed at all 6 months from now.

Locking HP’s (and POI’s) behind mega events so that you cannot reach them at any time that you are on doesn’t sound like sensible long term game design.

Depending on the time of day and whether you get lucky on the map, using lfg doesn’t yield much apart from the usual map hopping glory boys seeking their fast completion meta. Much better off asking in map chat for the moment, where you will find equally frustrated players and perhaps even get joined up for a HP or two.

I can just imagine how much fun it will be for the guy above saying his guild helps out after raids come in, and he’s pestered by the newer members for help on the HP’s he’s already done 5 times today and 100 times in the last month whilst he wants to try and finish that raid. That guild chat will be priceless.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

The last maps I have played at VB we have been doing HP’s for extra rewards and to help players to get them while we are waiting for map to reset after we have beten all the bosses. Use LFGtool to find a map that aims to get meta compleated and after meta is done go out and hunt for HP’s.

I have done all HP’s before this on 3 characters, most of them I have always had other players there doing them, once or twice I have been there and failed becouse I have been alone. I just think some people don’t have the patience to wait alittle. So many players playing MMO’s think that all is about farming and getting everything Now! Now! Now! It is some kind of MMO mentality.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

This isn’t some kinda design fault, this is purely on the players.

7-8 Challenges in Verdant Brink are Solo’able.
4-5 Challenges in Auric Basin are Solo’able.
6 Challenges in Tangled Depths are Solo’able.
All 3 Tower Challenges in Dragon’s Stand are Solo’able.

In total, at Optimal Conditions, 24 Solo’able challenges, you need 25 in order to fully develop an Elite Spec. Gathering 10 SP in core Tyria is so easy you could fall asleep doing it, it’s all 8 in Queensdale + 2 in Ebonhawke for humans. Takes you what, 10 minutes tops to get done. Even if you miss the one in Auric and the 3 in DS because of Meta Event requirements, you’re still 200 HP into your Elite spec, 80% Done.

If you leveled entirely through Tomes and have absolutely 0 remaining Hero Points at 80 well guess what? Tough luck. You took the easy way up, and now you’ve got the hard way further. Fair’s fair, deal with it.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Locking HP’s (and POI’s) behind mega events so that you cannot reach them at any time that you are on doesn’t sound like sensible long term game design.

Nothing new, several have been in the game forever, Harathi’s zone event for one gates one Hero Challenge (and maybe a POI, can’t be sure about that).

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

I have ran several alts through the HP’s to get their elite spec maxed. The trick is really patience and teamwork. Most of the time I found there was someone already waiting there or responding to my map chat. Tagging up here helps a lot to show people where you are. All too easy to get a Mentor tag.

If no one responds or shows up I just move on to the next one and either try again later or will see in map chat someone else needing help for it. Having friends and guildies really makes it all very doable. If you’re a solo player you need to realize that playing social games and being a lone wolf will have it’s draw backs and patience will be needed.

The only HP that might be over-tuned is Balthazar in AB. Even then there has always been a group eventually attempting it while I’m mapping elsewhere. Much like SW and DT, as long as the rewards are good enough, the maps will always be alive.

The only map having problems will be TD since some can’t navigate it and the Meta has been given up on by large sections of the community. VB, AB and DS all have successful Meta maps with some regularity. Make sure to get out of the sparsely populated overflow maps if you need those Meta HP’s. Meta timers and LFG make it all possible. Having friends/guildmates make it much easier.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

And suddenly standing around waiting to have fun is the suggested course of action.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I liked them on my main, but i must admit a couple of them are irksome for alts. I think it’s mostly those that are either annoying to get to or simply overtuned that’s trouble. For example i seldom have trouble with finding people for the Balthazar one, but canopy points in VB can be tougher because people are doing night stuff or don’t know how to get up during day.

Anyway, I do think it will become more of a problem as HoT matures and less need them.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Nothing new, several have been in the game forever, Harathi’s zone event for one gates one Hero Challenge (and maybe a POI, can’t be sure about that).

I’d actually argue gating certain group HPs behind meta events is a non-issue. It means once the meta is done you’re almost always going to have people to help with the HP.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

IndigoSundown.5419

Maybe I am optimistic, maybe not, maybe I created a guild for like-minded people, who knows. But there’s just a couple of hero points in HoT areas that can’t be done with maximum of 3 people, and if you are having trouble finding a couple of people willing to help, in an MMORPG might I add, I’d hazard a guess you’re not trying very hard.

And about the exploration being not soloable, atleast not for everyone is actually a pretty nifty way of anet saying that this is not a singleplayer game, you are not supposed to solo everything. Besides doing map comp with a friend or two is more entertaining than soloing it, try it out sometime.

Granted that there may be only a few points in HoT that clearance requires a group for, but what, exactly, is there in HoT for someone who prefers to solo? Both Rift and WS found that that was too big a demographic to not throw a bone to. In HoT, as far as I can see from reports, there’s adventures and exploration, except that some adventures require event completion and some few exploration points require groups.

Oh, and massively multiplayer means there’s the potential for a lot of people to be in a zone, not that everything require a group. In HoT, ANet has shoved most every reward imaginable in PvE into large group events except fractals, which is small group. So, what is there to do for someone who avoids the eyesore of the technicolor boss-coat? Honest question. I don’t own HoT and my roommate who does doesn’t go into the HoT zones.

IndigoSundown.5419

Not sure what you’re talking about. All HC’s in Harathi are available anytime. The closest thing in vanilla to a gated-by-event HC is the Balthazar one in Straits, and that’s doable, just hard due to rapid respawns.

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

I have ran several alts through the HP’s to get their elite spec maxed. The trick is really patience and teamwork. Most of the time I found there was someone already waiting there or responding to my map chat. Tagging up here helps a lot to show people where you are. All too easy to get a Mentor tag.

If no one responds or shows up I just move on to the next one and either try again later or will see in map chat someone else needing help for it. Having friends and guildies really makes it all very doable. If you’re a solo player you need to realize that playing social games and being a lone wolf will have it’s draw backs and patience will be needed.

The only HP that might be over-tuned is Balthazar in AB. Even then there has always been a group eventually attempting it while I’m mapping elsewhere. Much like SW and DT, as long as the rewards are good enough, the maps will always be alive.

The only map having problems will be TD since some can’t navigate it and the Meta has been given up on by large sections of the community. VB, AB and DS all have successful Meta maps with some regularity. Make sure to get out of the sparsely populated overflow maps if you need those Meta HP’s. Meta timers and LFG make it all possible. Having friends/guildmates make it much easier.

The trick is to be able to log in to a game around your RL that fits in with others being online.

Even finding a successful meta map isn’t going to be possible for a lot of players with limited play time.

Having to search for a map and use LFG and move maps just to get a portion of the map seems like bad map design- you’re having to leave a map just to be able to complete a part of the map…

And unless you can guarantee there will be people still doing the meta events in six months time every time they respawn, latecomers to the area will have the same problem.

And you cannot skip any area in any of the 4 maps, completion is apparently needed for some part of the legendary collection- as well as forcing you to do lots of other parts of the game that you don’t really enjoy and grinding millions of exp to unlock masteries you need to complete the story..

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I also did all of HP in AB and VB on all my 9 characters. The easiest way is to have 1 or 2 friends with you. I tag up and tell in the map chat that I do a HP run and by the end of the run I usually have a small zerg of 5-10ppl. Once I even had 15ppl on my tag.

The best is to start that right after the meta event. After the night on VB and after the octovine on AB. That way ppl won’t be occupied with event to advance the map and will more likely join you.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

This will be an issue the longer that HoT is out. One consideration is converting the HP in the new maps over into events that tie into the meta-events for the zone so that there is a reason and reward for people to re-do them over time and allow people that are late or ranking alts more odds of finding other people doing them. Some of these fights are challenging as well and it would nice to have a reason for people to re-do them.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

psy.5437

It is worth updating my thread one month on.

I am waiting so long in LFG now that the kitten lfg times out.
No one replies in map chat. It is just by pure luck that other people show up to do the HP now.

How the hell am I going to get the rest of my characters through HoT at this rate, this is to be plain kittening stupid and is a major annoyance.

Why isn’t scaling implemented on these HP so single players can do them instead of wasting their time waiting for a few people to never show up?

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

It is worth updating my thread one month on.

I am waiting so long in LFG now that the kitten lfg times out.
No one replies in map chat. It is just by pure luck that other people show up to do the HP now.

How the hell am I going to get the rest of my characters through HoT at this rate, this is to be plain kittening stupid and is a major annoyance.

Why isn’t scaling implemented on these HP so single players can do them instead of wasting their time waiting for a few people to never show up?

I agree that it’s BS.

That said, here’s a possible solution for you if you can find a time to run with them when they’re doing it:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/events/Hero-Point-Rush-Return-of-the-Hot/first#post5743230

Next one is tomorrow (thursday) from the time of this post.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Defiling Treekiller.1632

Defiling Treekiller.1632

just like to add that MF does this just about every week, also if you need help with some of them at other times message me in game and I’ll work on timing to do some with you

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Its sad to say but your best option is to get a mentor/commander tag and people will come to u. As a normal person good luck.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’ve spent plenty of time waiting at various HPs, too, and often no one answers calls to come or LFGs advertising. Sometimes, this is the way it works. No one else needs them or they’re doing other things or many other reasons why it’s very possible to sit alone at an HP like Balthazar and not get even one other person to help out.

It happens. It’ll likely happen more and more as time goes by.

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Cheat. Do all the ones you can. Then use the random HPs awarded from proof of heroics when you level up in wvw. Might not be the fastest, but more then likely 2 wvw levels and you will be able to buy a Random hp from HoT. So the more you have done the more likely you are to get randomly awarded the one/two/few you can’t get done.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I do all the easy hero points in VB and AB. There is one easy glide one in TD. Then with moe than half of my elite spec done I go into WvW and just collect the Proofs for ez random hP unlocks.

Some HPs can be solo’d on different classes.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Having a helpful guild may help.

Posted by: Taltevus.3289

Taltevus.3289

This isn’t the worst of it wait till all those new players make into the H.o.T. maps and already past players start asking for payment. Just wait, it will get worse.

Just like dungeons.

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

All I ever find in my HoT zones is people running hero point trains. How are you not finding them? People asking for payment for doing Hero Points? LOL pls. You get daily rewards for doing them.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Updating my response 1 month out. I get hero points in HoT every single day and it’s never much of a problem .I have no idea why other people are having problems, because I’m not seeing it.

If people really do talk in my chat and pop some kind of tag (mentor tags are dead easy to get), I’ve never seen a hero point I can’t get.

Yes I’m still getting hero points, because I have so many characters.

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Well, I have this on a couple of characters but while working on my Thief recently, am finding it incredibly difficult to get the HP under Tarir – for the obvious reason that I cannot find a map that will open it up.

This is what I was worried about from day one. When you block HPs (anything) behind the completion of the meta, that spells trouble.

Sure…I know…“you” did the whole map meta solo with a Warrior wearing trash gear while watching Netflix. Awesome for you. Or “you” always find a map with a full contingent of dedicated people working toward completing the meta. Again, awesome-sauce for you.

But as fewer and fewer people are spending their time in AB, for instance, there will be fewer and fewer chances to get that HP.
I am, however, hoping that the Maguuma Scrolls I buy using Heroic Proofs in WvW randomly selects that HP to complete. But given my incredible lack of luck with RNG, I am not holding out any hope.

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

Well, I have this on a couple of characters but while working on my Thief recently, am finding it incredibly difficult to get the HP under Tarir – for the obvious reason that I cannot find a map that will open it up.

This is what I was worried about from day one. When you block HPs (anything) behind the completion of the meta, that spells trouble.

Sure…I know…“you” did the whole map meta solo with a Warrior wearing trash gear while watching Netflix. Awesome for you. Or “you” always find a map with a full contingent of dedicated people working toward completing the meta. Again, awesome-sauce for you.

But as fewer and fewer people are spending their time in AB, for instance, there will be fewer and fewer chances to get that HP.
I am, however, hoping that the Maguuma Scrolls I buy using Heroic Proofs in WvW randomly selects that HP to complete. But given my incredible lack of luck with RNG, I am not holding out any hope.

You can usually find a taxi into an AB that is winning if you look at the right time.

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

Nods … please invite me and while I pop a few drinks watching your awesomeness do drive the meta solo to the point where you can do the HP … looking forward to this, actually.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Wait till the maps die out then they will nerf them to veterans hopefully like they did for the original gw2.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: I think people need to link waypoints and directions though when calling out in map chat. – Agreed. I can tell you from experience, if you want help, linking a WP and giving directions will get you better and quicker results. And in HoT you should probably think about any required masteries, and include those as well. Yeah, it’s a little more work, but it could save you from a long wait.

Posted by: Ghostwind.4380

Ghostwind.4380

This isn’t some kinda design fault, this is purely on the players.

7-8 Challenges in Verdant Brink are Solo’able.
4-5 Challenges in Auric Basin are Solo’able.
6 Challenges in Tangled Depths are Solo’able.

In total, at Optimal Conditions, 24 Solo’able challenges, you need 25 in order to fully develop an Elite Spec. Gathering 10 SP in core Tyria is so easy you could fall asleep doing it, it’s all 8 in Queensdale + 2 in Ebonhawke for humans. Takes you what, 10 minutes tops to get done. Even if you miss the one in Auric and the 3 in DS because of Meta Event requirements, you’re still 200 HP into your Elite spec, 80% Done.

If you leveled entirely through Tomes and have absolutely 0 remaining Hero Points at 80 well guess what? Tough luck. You took the easy way up, and now you’ve got the hard way further. Fair’s fair, deal with it.

Funny how the people who have already completed everything say it’s “easy”. I’ve fully unlocked all the maps\story in core on about 4 characters. Fully explored HoT and story on one character, and fully unlocked the elite specs on 6 characters. There is nothing “easy” about fully unlocking the elite specs on a character. Particularly if you did not do full map complete in core before going into Hot.

Here’s my main issue with this whole thing: hero points are part of VERTICAL progression. You need them to fully unlock your core elite skill set. It’s not like some weapon skin, or some achievement, or some stupid title, or some barely better stat item. It’s part of your characters abilities. That’s why from 1-80 Anet just GIVES them to you. Because really, you shouldn’t have to find a group every time you want to learn a new skill right? That’s why they made it easy. They only started to dribble them out during 1-80 leveling to help ease in new players in the game from being overloaded.

The concept though of unlocking your own skills was fundamentally changed with elite specs. Elite specs REQUIRE getting hero points outside of standard experience and level gain. Yes, you can gain about 40% of your elite skill progression by doing all the hero points outside of HoT (like I did by having full core map complete on 4 prior to HoT), but that still leaves around 60% that need to come from HoT. If you did full map complete first, you have the option to short-cut and seek out all the non-group\soloable hero points. But if you didn’t have full map complete prior to HoT, you will be FORCED to find a group at some point to unlock your own character’s skills. If that’s “not a design fault” as you claim, then it’s a total change in their vertical progression philosophy to date.

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Just correcting numbers. Tyria has 189 HP, if you add on Silver Wastes, Dry Top, the WvW maps, and home instance Krait obelisk (if you don’t have it ask someone that has it to party you and let you into their instance).

For a total of: 214 HP outside of HoT. Even if you gather 200 of those, that is 80% of all the HP you need for a Spez. And once you get gliding you can get at least 5 HP challenges with channeling.

Grabbing all the HP in tyria is tedious and boring, totally agree on that. Just pointing out the numbers, and that is is possible to do it fairly easy, and solo. I actually leveled my Revenant doing this, running around grabbing all the HP on all maps.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”