berzerker and logic.

berzerker and logic.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

seems like a really fun class, but that’s the point of my post.
what i’d like to know is how a class with no magical ability can throw fireballs.

EDIT: this is a question of lore only.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

berzerker and logic.

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Wrap up a cloth into a ball, douse it in flammable liquid and light it with the TORCH that you’re holding?

Actually, does the berserker even throw fireballs? All i remember is a cascading ability and the one where he places a fire field on himself.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

berzerker and logic.

Lightsbane.9012

Wrap up a cloth into a ball, douse it in flammable liquid and light it with the TORCH that you’re holding?

Actually, does the berserker even throw fireballs? All i remember is a cascading ability and the one where he places a fire field on himself.

yes, the sword burst skill. you can’t simply throw fire by lighting your sword ablaze.

berzerker and logic.

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

Aside from that fact that attempting to apply strict real world logic to a fantasy sword & sorcery game is a fool’s errand, your answer is magic.

Every human, for those of us from Guild Wars: Prophecies, and quite likely every race within Tyria is capable of utilizing magic. It was the basis of the secondary profession mechanic in the original Guild Wars, which gave you such combinations as Warrior/Elementalist.

As for the specific question: Channeling her immense rage, the reason she’s a Berserker in the first place, our psychotic hero pushes ffiery bolts of magic through her sword as she swings it very, very rapidly.

berzerker and logic.

Lightsbane.9012

Every human, for those of us from Guild Wars: Prophecies, and quite likely every race within Tyria is capable of utilizing magic. It was the basis of the secondary profession mechanic in the original Guild Wars, which gave you such combinations as Warrior/Elementalist.

As for the specific question: Channeling her immense rage, the reason she’s a Berserker in the first place, our psychotic hero pushes ffiery bolts of magic through her sword as she swings it very, very rapidly.

i wasn’t aware, i assumed it was kind of like ‘the force’ where some people were born with it, some weren’t. i took out the first part of your post because it was mainly a lore question, since warrior has been a 100% martial class until now.

berzerker and logic.

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

i wasn’t aware, i assumed it was kind of like ‘the force’ where some people were born with it, some weren’t. i took out the first part of your post because it was mainly a lore question, since warrior has been a 100% martial class until now.

It can be argued, based on certain Warrior skills, that Warrior used magic already. At the very least, subtle magics such as making a blade that much sharper, a shield that much sturdier, or the Warrior itself that much faster would not be outside the realm of lore-friendly possibilities.

berzerker and logic.

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

what i’d like to know is how a class with no magical ability can throw fireballs.

I told everyone the elite spec would be kratos.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

berzerker and logic.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Every class in the game uses magic. Some profs have more magical animations than others; some don’t. Here are some seemingly physical-only skills that have magic-like elements:

• Attacks never harm allies, whether meteor showers or bow skills.
  • Foes are set on fire, but not objects or environment, whether from torch or non-torch skills.
  • Warhorns speed you up in this game (but never in real life).

tl;dr there aren’t any ‘physical’ only skills

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

berzerker and logic.

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

where in the lore does it say warriors don’t have any magic powers? sure they may not be throwing spells out, but they have plenty of skills that normal non magical humans couldn’t do.

berzerker and logic.

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Only engineer has been stated explicitly not to rely on Magic (They use Alchemy and Engineering -based- on physics and logic in a magical world, so it’s kind of an in-between.)

Warrior’s been able to shout away Pain and Conditions, Summon Banners from the sky and Stomp the ground so flipping hard it sends grown Norn flying. They’ve always had a subtle hint of magic. Think of them as the result of someone going Shaolin Monk in a world rampant with magic.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

berzerker and logic.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

And maybe they obtained a magical sword from an elementalist that sends out fireballs when swung a certain way or a certain phrase said.

berzerker and logic.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

You think the fireballs are ilogic? What about those rocks appearing from nowhere so the berserk can smash them? Magic is an ok answer, but is also a way too lazy one .

The spec looks really fun, but from a “aestheticaly coherent” point of view, they could have made a better work, at least with the animations. Fireballs could be animated to look like “ki charges” or directly as physical projectiles. (If Warrior can throw bolas, why not throw firecrackers, molachev bottles or simply sparks?) Instead of a rock popping in from thin air, the berserker could break the floor with his/her bare hands and throw the rubble, etc.

I don’t think this have any relevance, anyway. Thre are much more insulting fails in the game, like the Dragon Hunter, or the first Revenant v/s PS problem.

TLDR: Fun spec, lame skill explanations, could be better with a little better thought animations. It really don’t matter.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks