revanent sword/axe how do i combo

in Revenant

Posted by: winterlove.6834

winterlove.6834

was wondering and this may sound stupid but truly don’t know. what numbers should I push to do the combo for this class/character

in Revenant

Posted by: jonG.8369

jonG.8369

If you mean rotation, all you need is auto attack for the best dps. The other skills.are situational.

2 will combo with fields and does decent ranged damage.
3 is good for some quick might generation and will evade attacks if needed.
4 is good for tagging mobs as well as interrupt I believe.
5 gap closer.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

If you mean rotation, all you need is auto attack for the best dps. The other skills.are situational.

2 will combo with fields and does decent ranged damage.
3 is good for some quick might generation and will evade attacks if needed.
4 is good for tagging mobs as well as interrupt I believe.
5 gap closer.

The best dps actually includes 2, assuming you can position yourself so that all three projectiles hit the same target.

But that’s pretty much it. Revenant is pretty easy to play, and what small complexity it does have comes from legend swapping.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

in Revenant

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_S/A

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_DPS/Support

First is for fractals/dungeons but can be used with a lot of success in the open world.
2nd is for the raid: I use Mallyx instead of Jalis in the raid, but that’s personal preference.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Revenant

Posted by: jonG.8369

jonG.8369

Thanks Cameron. I’ll have to play around with sword 2 and work on those 3 hits connecting.

in Revenant

winterlove.6834

about them raids, can I pick any group of 10 and enter? what powers everyone need to have and what is best far as setup goes warrior,rev,mezzmer, engi? ect

in Revenant

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Metabattle generally has the best setup for most people, but I can break it down for you:

The only “Required” Professions are often:

• Chronomancer for Quickness, Alacrity, Distortion and occasional Tanking.
  • PS Berserker for Might and Banners
  • Glint Herald for Natural Resonance and Protection/Fury
  • Druid for Healing and Damage Buffs
  • Staff Tempest for Direct Damage DPS

Not quite recquired but still universally useful are:

• Hammer Dragonhunter for Perma-Protection and Heals to the Melee team
  • Viper Condi Reaper for Condition Damage, Boon Strip and occasional Tanking
  • Viper Condi Engineer for Condition Damage and Utility

Professions that you can always do without but can still be brought along without a severe loss to efficiency:

• Daredevil for Direct Damage DPS and Occasional Tanking.
  • Viper Condi Damage Berserker
  • Aurashare Tempest Healer

Direct Damage DPS run Berserker with Assassin Earrings
Direct Damage Tanks run the same as their DPS counter-parts, just with Toughness added in the form of a backpiece, infusion or trinket. The more Toughness a Tank slaps on, the more the DPS team has to compensate for the DPS loss. Less is often More in this case.
Condition Damage generally run Viper Armor until they cap 100% Condition Duration, then fill up with Sinister.
Healers generally run the same as DPS, however should the team be new to the Raid or just need the extra sustain, they can swap out to Zealot or Magi pieces, though the latter is a big DPS loss.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

in Revenant

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

Or, if you cannot get them because no one runs dungeons anymore and you came to the game too late! You can do an assassin weapon. Though some classes you will need more. On my DH I run assassin weapon, 3 pieces of assassin armor and a sigil of accuracy. The rest is zerker. That puts me at crit cap.

in Revenant

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Or, if you cannot get them because no one runs dungeons anymore and you came to the game too late! You can do an assassin weapon. Though some classes you will need more. On my DH I run assassin weapon, 3 pieces of assassin armor and a sigil of accuracy. The rest is zerker. That puts me at crit cap.

Very true. It’s also dependant on wether you have Spotter or not, as well.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

in Revenant

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

sword / axe rev- sin is one of my fav builds – imo the idea is to keep a constant dps – there is a point that you run out of weap skills waiting for recharge, but this is when you can use backflip / riposting shadows and the flying kick strike with phase trasversal , which get you to safety and buy you enough time for skills recharge to attack burst damage again.

basically you don’t want to be standing in front of an opponent without any skills to cast other than #1 – so you use the riposting shadows and phase trasversal to move in and out of combat range to buy time while the weapons skills recharge – weap skill #2 lets you hit from riposting range and recharges faster than 3,4,5 – being out of close combat range doesn’t mean you can’t do damage, it just means you are safer from any close combat damage the opponent can do while your close combat weap skills recharge.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in Revenant

winterlove.6834

riposte what skill is that

in Revenant

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

riposte what skill is that

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Riposting_Shadows
This one.
Sword/axe is the best dps/mobility you have from a rev. In Shiro form you are basically unstoppable, but the problem is Shiro skills consume a lot of energy, so you need to manage them well.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Direct Damage DPS run Berserker with Assassin Earrings.

What for? Revenants can cap critical chance without this.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

Posted by: Artemid.3925

Artemid.3925

sword / axe rev- sin is one of my fav builds – imo the idea is to keep a constant dps – there is a point that you run out of weap skills waiting for recharge, but this is when you can use backflip / riposting shadows and the flying kick strike with phase trasversal , which get you to safety and buy you enough time for skills recharge to attack burst damage again.

basically you don’t want to be standing in front of an opponent without any skills to cast other than #1 – so you use the riposting shadows and phase trasversal to move in and out of combat range to buy time while the weapons skills recharge – weap skill #2 lets you hit from riposting range and recharges faster than 3,4,5 – being out of close combat range doesn’t mean you can’t do damage, it just means you are safer from any close combat damage the opponent can do while your close combat weap skills recharge.

Ducking in and out of combat is burning energy on not-damage. Sword AA is most of its damage, and your burst is more from daggers + IO + AA than anything else (in conjunction with 2 which you want to use as much as possible; 3 is iffy and often worth keeping available for the evades). Don’t sweat if things are on cooldown. Riposting Shadows needs to be ready off CD as your escape button, and I try to only use Phase Transversal as a positioning tool too (bypassing marks/traps, going up ledges). If you’re just chock out of energy you need to be flipping Legends.

in Revenant

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

if youre talking about pvp, then i imagine a combo would go something like this:
axe4
precast sword2
you are hopefully using shiro, pop impossible odds and try and get them to waste some defensives, then use sword3.
axe5 for when they start to get low to rupt their heal. also a good opener for staff5 if youre using that.

good luck.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Revenant

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

Ducking in and out of combat is burning energy on not-damage. Sword AA is most of its damage, and your burst is more from daggers + IO + AA than anything else (in conjunction with 2 which you want to use as much as possible; 3 is iffy and often worth keeping available for the evades). Don’t sweat if things are on cooldown. Riposting Shadows needs to be ready off CD as your escape button, and I try to only use Phase Transversal as a positioning tool too (bypassing marks/traps, going up ledges). If you’re just chock out of energy you need to be flipping Legends.

that’s a good point as skill 1 does do a lot of damage, but on the same hand, in wvw learning when to back off could be important to staying alive when suddenly you find yourself fighting 2v1 from someone new popping in – in essence that whole sword /axe and it’s skills are a really nice set with a lot of options – I also agree with using the alt legend – i go with dwarf – another powerful set of skills – if you really get into it, you can flip legends back and forth – along with hammer alt where you weaken an opponent from a distance with the hammer dwarf ….then phase in with an explosive barrage of finishing blows with sword/axe sin. – which is kind like learning how to use 20 skills as one build. can be a real finger twister if you get creative with it.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels