April Joke... Upcoming April Patch

in Lore

Posted by: Shark GER.3682

Shark GER.3682

I think the upcoming April Patch will not be released, i think ANET just created a huge April Joke and wont change any of the Things they´ve said.. I mean Legendary and Ascended Gear on every Character?! It seems VERY nice to me, but seriously?! I hope its not an April Joke.. That would be so sad… :/

What do u think?! (sry for my English im from German )

in Lore

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

This shouldn’t be under Lore. js
But if anet did do this as a prank they’ll kitten off a huge portion of their playerbase more so than ever.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

As kyro said, wrong forum.

But as said in another thread for the same worry, ArenaNet are never jerks when it comes to their April’s Fools jokes, so no, they won’t go “haha, just kidding! There is no patch!” – not even as the announcement of no patch being the joke.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Blurk.6231

Blurk.6231

Well they did release fake patch notes nerfing everything and making bad balance decisions once. So that is kind of being jerks :P

But as Konig said, saying the feature pack is not coming is too big of a jerk joke.

I can appreciate a good joke though.

Look beyond the obvious…

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

A better joke would be:

Reworking the website in a Canthan theme, a Canthan trailer with GW2 in-game graphics, at the end of the trailer, have nice april the first.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I wouldn’t consider that a jerk since obviously fake update notes have been a thing since the first April’s Fools GW experience. But all of Anet’s jokes are made for the players having fun – like the Commando stuff.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

You guys want them to be so mean for april fools. “Tease something all the players want and then say JK” That would kitten so many people off, you guys would be terrible for PR.

They need to do something like announce Quaggan as a new playable race. Something no one actually wants to happen or expects.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I’m just waiting for them to post a blog on April first saying that they’re FINALLY implementing First Person View for screen shots…..

in Lore

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

You guys want them to be so mean for april fools. “Tease something all the players want and then say JK” That would kitten so many people off, you guys would be terrible for PR.

They need to do something like announce Quaggan as a new playable race. Something no one actually wants to happen or expects.

That seems to be an overall expectation on game developers everywhere nowadays, not just here in GW2.

For example, some people are hoping that the daily picture updates for Smash Bros 4 will post a “fake” new character and then the next day say “Hahahah, not an actual character, suckers!”. Because, ya know, that’s funny. Psyching people up for something requested and then punching them in the face.

Apparently April Fool’s Day has moved away from innocent harmless little pranks to “see how many people you can kitten off”.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The expectation is there cuz there’s so many kittenes who do pull it that kind of kitten. But those jokes are funny only to the joker. Which is not good for companies.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I think the upcoming April Patch will not be released, i think ANET just created a huge April Joke and wont change any of the Things they´ve said.. I mean Legendary and Ascended Gear on every Character?! It seems VERY nice to me, but seriously?! I hope its not an April Joke.. That would be so sad… :/

What do u think?! (sry for my English im from German )

Doubtful, if this was all A big April fools joke we’d probably see them making extreme claims. Usually a good April fools joke (happens on 1st of April…) has a touch of unreal-ness to it, if they claimed that you’d be able to buy a Legendary for 50 Gold, that would seem unrealistic. If they claimed that they’d triple the material cost of ascended items and remove all current ascended items so that everyone starts over from the beginning, that would be unrealistic.

in Lore

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Their April’s Joke will be them saying that the big feature patch is an April’s joke. It’s a joke hidden within a joke.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

“We’ve fixed the Ranger!” <ANet giggle>

Seriously, they should give a pet to Warriors, Guardians, Thieves for one day and reduce the entire class by said 30%.
That would be hillarious.

“CoF P1 full zerk, No Warriors, Guardians, Thieves”

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Well they did release fake patch notes nerfing everything and making bad balance decisions once. So that is kind of being jerks :P

But as Konig said, saying the feature pack is not coming is too big of a jerk joke.

I can appreciate a good joke though.

Their April Fools patchnotes are released on that day, not before.