Jumping Feedback Thread

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Raenzjar.4210

Raenzjar.4210

Send it to me in private. I, for the love of my life, can’t imagine someone failing it. I can become a better person by understanding others more and you can have useful feedback as well on how to proceed. Win-win.

You could have, you know, like actually read the many made arguments as to ‘why’ en ‘where’ people fail at this. It got explained in full detail. There’s absolutely no need to video it, so you can become a better person by understanding others more (which is a good thing, btw)

and you can have useful feedback as well on how to proceed

Like: ‘OMG U R DOIN IT WRNG’ ? No thanks. I know about my flaws perfectly fine, and communicated those on this forum. Right here in this thread. And several others did as well.

I´ll await an answer from Anet, if you don´t mind.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

You could have, you know, like actually read the many made arguments as to ‘why’ en ‘where’ people fail at this.

Please point me to them. I haven’t read all 11 pages, I have read one of the cry-threads before the merge (4-5 pages). The only legit complain was lag. That’s it.

I know about my flaws perfectly fine, and communicated those on this forum. Right here in this thread. And several others did as well.

Right. “I can’t jump.” That’s really well communicated. I’m not joking about the video, I am genuinely curious.

On the other hand, I might post a video here on how do it as well, hopefully that will help with the troubles people seem to have.

I´ll await an answer from Anet, if you don´t mind.

Well, good luck with that

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I have explained in detail why these actions are not what you would call jumping

And you were mistaken.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Raenzjar.4210

I have read one of the cry-threads before the merge (4-5 pages).

(emphasis mine)

Right. “I can’t jump.” That’s really well communicated.

And there you go. Not even bothering investigating the arguments/ examples; jumping to conclusions merely based on assumptions like players need to ‘improve’. Or they are just lazy and/ or unwilling (not so much by you, but others).

You wonder why I don’t feel like making a video, even if I could? Well, there’s why. Too many like you in this thread already. As has been pointed out a couple of times before, also.

I do hope you make a video, though. As I have NO doubt, it can help players out. And yes, helping out someone is kinda totally awesome. Just ask the friendly portal popping Mesmers about it. Friendly request: no loud music. ;-]

Pardon me for being somewhat ‘ranting’. Am simply tired of those jumping to conclusions, like they can do it easily so others can do so, too. It’s totally besides the points we brought up, about ‘being locked out of the new content and here’s why’. And why some simply do not like the (now forced upon, instead of optional) jumping in general.

Nobody is about taking away the jumping mechanics in this game. Only a fool would deny the pleasure many players have with stuff like jp’s. (I know I had fun with my 10’ish solo completed jp’s in 600+ days)

I’d very much like to do the new stuff, which was released a couple of days ago.

What say thee, Anet?

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: NYG.2568

NYG.2568

I would much rather have a “puzzle” to solve then having to Jump. While i do believe Jump is a good part of the game(gives the game another dimension). I Dont think it should be implemented in such a way you need to use it to advance in the game or story of. Jumping of this kind should be optional. I really honestly want to like and get back into it, but such things deter me from logging back in. Leaving me with a bad taste and leads me to make such negative posts…Sorry Anet but I and Everyone else from GW knows you can do so much better..GW was such a great game! Gw2 not so much although beautiful!

Remember we don’t draw on cave walls anymore.Language and texts have evolved since.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I do hope you make a video, though. As I have NO doubt, it can help players out. And yes, helping out someone is kinda totally awesome. Just ask the friendly portal popping Mesmers about it. Friendly request: no loud music. ;-]

Just got a game capture program for the first time, so I’m on it, jsut have to learn how to use it.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Can someone even post a video, where they are failing the aspect uses? Please?

So some players can go and scream crap like ‘OMG U R DOIN IT WRNG’, derailing stuff even more? Nah.

Send it to me in private. I, for the love of my life, can’t imagine someone failing it. I can become a better person by understanding others more and you can have useful feedback as well on how to proceed. Win-win.

[snip]

Don’t exaggerate, it makes you look rather silly.

+1 and fully agree.
BTW the op post was about the “forced” aspect not the removal of various types of play/mechanics of the game people like to play.
BTW- the mistaken merge of topics has completely derailed the topic(s).

Yeah, and also his examples were about ‘forced’ stuff as well. I mean, why do I have to fight in my personal story / open world? I’m a buddhist and a pacifist, I don’t kill things.

Ps.: I do agree with the greatly exaggerated bit. But it’s not him who is doing that. He is using sarcasm.

No buddist in the game, if you are (sarcasm or not) you shouldn’t be playing or even commenting for that matter—LOL!
It has nothing to do with fighting etc—-it has to do with the some of the forced mechanics. Jumping puzzles in the rest of the game can be ignored without having an impact on the game. (or dungeon/ or PvP etc). LS2, there is no choice. But it really doesn’t manner in the long run the game will devolve/evolve depending on the devs whims. Alot say it is devolving/ others evolving/ others say Anet is always right no matter what. Oh well—back to the regular game until the next chapter.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Amplifiction.8413

Amplifiction.8413

Oh, good. All topics remotely related to jumping were merged. This pile of messages is very clear and encourages further discussion.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Well, you can imagine that the number of complaints is small because the Bazaar is a minor event. I despise the jumping in GW2… mostly because you can easily die when you fail, partly for all the longer jump sequences that force you to start over from jump #1 if you miss jump #100. However, I wouldn’t complain about the Bazaar because if I don’t jump there, I’m just missing access to stuff I can probably get elsewhere. If I can’t even traverse a map zone without having to literally jump through hoops, that’s a different issue.

I completely agree, and the aspects being temporary is even worse. As others have said, I don’t have as much of a problem with jumping being part of a festival because that isn’t a part of the story. (Although I did refuse to do the Four Winds event last year because of all the jumping / dying.) But I do have a problem with gating the story that everyone is supposed to enjoy with jumping.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Raenzjar.4210

Just got a game capture program for the first time, so I’m on it, jsut have to learn how to use it.

Fast forwarding: Bubi.7942 videochannel, the place to be all things GW2 related!

Great stuff, hope you enjoy the learning curve intensely and get to make some nice videos! Thanks for taking this step! You rock!

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Djinn.9245

I am with Krall here. The guy never said anything about bad computer or ISP issue he just said “he couldn’t do them”. Now I used to suck at JP’s and there are some I still can’t do but I don’t rage quit trying them any more, because guess what, I went out and practiced doing them and learning the best way to move, when to jump, timing and such.

So it is very possible to train on how to do a jumping puzzle just like Krall said, I don’t see anything in this post trolling except the guy Krall was talking to keep changing his reason for not being able to do something.

As for the new content I am loving it. I think it is a nice addition. I do hope they don’t make all new zones this way. But seeing as the Zeph ship crashed here I don’t see them doing this for all the zones.

“Practicing” and “training” is something I do in real life. I don’t want to do it in a MMO. I play MMOs to have fun. If there is any learning curve it should be something that happens through normal play. I.e. when I play a new character at low levels I learn how to dodge, how to use different weapons, how to gear my character. As levels go up and the mobs are more difficult my game play gets better. I don’t have to “practice” one thing over and over again. And I’m not going to. If Anet is going to gate actual story content with jumping, I will simply leave when I get to a point where I can’t access the content.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

snip

Honestly, it doesn’t even sound like you’ve played all the content yet. I’ve spent hours in Dry Top with only the Sparring Rock achievement left. And, I will say there are “jumps” involved. When you leave the ground and have to precisely position your landing, that is most certainly a jump. No matter if it only took one press to initiate the action. Also, there is a “timely” manner when it requires an aspect crystal on a 10 sec timer.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Djinn.9245

I’m going to be serious mode here okay

You are complaining about optional content in a game that is all optional content and “play how you want”

This is literally a non-issue because you can just ask for a mesmer port. You don’t even have to know a mesmer. I bet if you asked map chat you’d find someone to do it for you.

Complaining about not being able to do one small portion of the game is completely silly when you can flat-out bypass it.

It’s like if I were to complain that since I’m bad at maths, they should remove the TP because I can’t play the TP to get money.

Don’t take this as a knock against your physical limitations, it’s not meant as one, but I’m just trying to point out that there is already an in-game way to bypass this instead of demanding that anet tailor make its experience around you specifically

This is not a festival, the Living Story is the new content of the game. And I’m not going to sit in chat and beg for a port. I should be able to complete the content by myself.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

I just watched Guild Wars 2 – Points of Interest: Episode 2, which is about the first chapter of Living Story Season2. http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/4590714 Near the end(shortly after the 32 minute mark) they bring up a twitter question phrased in exactly the same wording as my original thread which was merged into this one “Why is Living Story Season 2 only for people who can jump?” They then explain that they’re exploring new game play avenues, and that “joy of movement” is a big theme for this release, and that “verticality” is a big part of it. and that being able to scale cliffs and explore should be fun for us. They want Dry Top to be very unique, and “verticality” fits very well with the Zephyrite theme. But they never really address the question(“Why is Living Story Season 2 only for people who can jump?”) IMO. I don’t know that they really understood that the person was asking why they were doing something that could exclude people who can’t jump from the new content. That they would be inducing hardships and difficulties for part of their player base.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

They then explain that they’re exploring new game play avenues, and that “joy of movement” is a big theme for this release

I would say to the Dev’s, IF they wanted us to feel joy from having greater movement, then they should have included FREEDOM! Kind of fitting for today right? That aspect skills should have been full time use in Dry Top.

….Getting nagged every 10 seconds isn’t joy, it’s annoyance…..

That’s my biggest complaint in this release really. The jumping for me is fine.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Raenzjar.4210

@Elden Arnaas.4870

Question quickly got dodged, indeed. Sadly enough.

All the more reason peeps from Anet would be welcomed in this very thread, explaining how they, as devs, think those with certain disabilities are to continue forward – without the help of a friendly Mesmer. Joy of Movement, right?

Thanks for the link to that (ugh..buffering) twitch, btw.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I just watched Guild Wars 2 – Points of Interest: Episode 2, which is about the first chapter of Living Story Season2. http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/4590714 Near the end(shortly after the 32 minute mark) they bring up a twitter question phrased in exactly the same wording as my original thread which was merged into this one “Why is Living Story Season 2 only for people who can jump?” They then explain that they’re exploring new game play avenues, and that “joy of movement” is a big theme for this release, and that “verticality” is a big part of it. and that being able to scale cliffs and explore should be fun for us. They want Dry Top to be very unique, and “verticality” fits very well with the Zephyrite theme. But they never really address the question(“Why is Living Story Season 2 only for people who can jump?”) IMO. I don’t know that they really understood that the person was asking why they were doing something that could exclude people who can’t jump from the new content. That they would be inducing hardships and difficulties for part of their player base.

I agree with you there. I really like the areas I am able to scale in Dry Top, I have enjoyed figuring ways to get on top of things and have managed to make my way to some surprising areas. The jumping puzzle on the other hand definitely induces a bit a hardship, let alone the diving platform which is impossible without a mesmer. I have managed to get to the top maybe 2 times in what feels like 1000 tries – very frustrating. My issue is being able to keep focused and go fast enough to make it to the top (disability related issue for me).

The other issue is the the abysmal camera views and angles. By the time I can get a view on where I want to go, the timer runs out and I am stuck. No joy of movement there….

Also once you die, if no one is around to rezz you, there is a long and involved trek back up to reenact the same failure. It would be nice to have an alternate route if you did not want to do the jumping puzzle more than once. It could be a more lengthy route or one you had to puzzle through a bit to get to where you could make your way up.

I do want to thank the folk who take the time to rezz others and the wonderful mesmers who have helped so many get up there and to the diving platform. These folk show what true community is about.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: Also once you die, if no one is around to rezz you, there is a long and involved trek back up – This is one of my big problems with the way the first part of the new zone is designed. There’s no waypoint in the middle. So if you die at any time before reaching Prosperity waypoint, you have to start over from the beginning, which is very discouraging. My original plan to reach Prosperity waypoint was to get as close as I could to it, and fall to my death. I had revive orbs ready to revive me in case there was no one around. But there were people nearby who were kind enough to revive me. The revive orb is a good backup, though. A warning about revive orbs – they don’t instantly rez you. They summon an NPC that kneels down next to you and does the “revive rub” thing, just like another player would do. So it takes a while to revive you.
I’m glad I have Prosperity waypoint unlocked on my main – I still cannot make that last jump. Until I figure that out, all my characters will have to carry revive orbs until they can unlock the Prosperity waypoint.(The “Joy of Movement”, indeed.)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

re: So I guess even a one-handed cripple can beat that jumping “puzzle”/so much to that, weren’t we saying that all along? – He said that to encourage others, not to make our point invalid.(which it doesn’t) And he states that he still doesn’t like non-optional jumping content. You neglected to include that part in your quote.(quoted below for accuracy)
So I guess even a one-handed cripple can beat that jumping puzzle.

It still doesn’t make me LIKE jumping games that aren’t optional.

Exactly. I may be able to do jumping puzzles as found in Dry Top, with one off-hand on a keyboard. I’ve actually been trying to get those kitten rubbery right-hand fingers to help me on the jumps.

Can I do them? Yes.

Do I like them? Absolutely, positively, beyond a doubt, NO. I hated jumping puzzles before I damaged my neck.

The ability to do a thing does not imply liking that thing.

ANet cannot cater to everyone’s tastes all of the time, or then end up making a boring game. However, they should not gate content behind a single flawed mechanic. Put an end to the crystal-boost timers, and 90% of my gripe would be gone, since I’d have extra time to size-up my jumps. I’s still hate jumping, but it wouldn’t be as much of a barrier.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Djinn.9245

I’m pretty sure they understood the question. The answers they gave are called “spin”. You may have noticed that politicians sometimes also avoid giving direct answers to questions that would be bad for them to answer.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Just my personal feedback.

I just did the story to completion on 1 character and then had a good look around the zone. Took about 4 hours total. After that will probably not log into dry spell, until the next update.

Part of the reason is the jumping/aspect putting me off playing it. I after be in the mood to do jumping puzzles. I could do it but my enjoyment quickly diminishes.

I would have been perfectly happy with 1/4 or a 1/3 of the zone being given over to a jumping puzzle, well the rest being for non-jumpers. But the entire zone is Mario/Jump Wars 2. So thanks for the new zone Anet but sadly just not, ‘my cup of tea’ due to the mechanics of it.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Sytherek.7689

On Buddhism and gaming, since it arose in this thread.

I am a practicing Buddhist, have been for a long time. It has minimal influence on my enjoyment of entertainment. Nor does Buddhism prevent violence. Buddhism is about knowing who you are and understanding your motivations.

Like other philosophical systems, Buddhism has variations. If you go back to its core, Buddhism is not a religion. It is a road-map for thinking.

Thus it is not incompatible with gaming or Guild Wars.

BTW, I love the Buddha-bears and their psuedo-zen koans. Wonderful. Can I play one someday, ANet?

(edited by Sytherek.7689)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Dulfy has a video that shows an alternative way of getting to the top from the left side debris vs. using the aspect on the right. There is a dicey leap to the large beam at the top which you may need a speed boost for and you need to look closely to see where to launch from. I kept missing until I aimed towards the end of the beam. (I am hoping practice makes it better, lol) From there you can work your way up without any crystals to the last crystal and use that to get to the top. The last bit is not easy for me but at least there are two ways of getting up to the last crystal. If I can figure out that last bit, I will feel a lot better about this particular puzzle though the diving platform will still be nada for me since I cannot get up there fast enough using the aspect. If I can hit the hay I will figure this will be good enough for me…

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

If you can’t do simple jumps then maybe you shouldn’t be playing this game…
Dumbing the game down by removing fun and interesting mechanics for a few people who are disabled would make the game boring for the majority.

They need more elements like this to make exploring and discovering more interesting. This isn’t your traditional MMORPG.

I also dont agree with jumping should be optional.
That’s like saying using dodging should be optional, No it shouldn’t. It’s part of the game mechanic and there for should be used as part of the game as a whole for new and interesting challenges and experiences that the devs can make for us.

There are other static MMOs like World of Warcraft if you don’t want dynamics in a game.

(edited by DreamyAbaddon.3265)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Raenzjar.4210

If you can’t do simple jumps then maybe you shouldn’t be playing this game…
Dumbing the game down by removing […] fun and interesting mechanics for a few people who are disabled […] would make the game boring for the majority.

[…]

I also dont agree with jumping should be optional. […]

There are other static MMOs like World of Warcraft if you don’t want dynamics in a game.

History can teach you a thing or two, about those who kick down on ‘minorities’.

That being said: may I ask why you even played this game, as jumping always was an optional thing, which you clearly dislike – per your own words?

Oh, and you likely do not know, but I have been an avid WoW player since Classic ‘til Cataclysm expansion. And for me, personally, I switched between WoW & GW2 because it allowed me to actually enjoy a game and it’s rich environment, instead of a repeating grindfest.

Your reply is rather insulting, and clearly you are totally missing the point here.

I’ll write in caps for you:

NOBODY WANTS TO TAKE AWAY JUMPING AS A MECHANIC.

Which you could have known ofcourse, if you had paid a wee bit of attention instead of displaying your arrogant self.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

That being said: may I ask why you even played this game, as jumping always was an optional thing, which you clearly dislike – per your own words?

In what way was it optional?
It locked story content long before this update, so how is that anymore optional than this one?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Raenzjar.4210

In what way was it optional?
It locked story content long before this update, so how is that anymore optional than this one?

<sigh>

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

<sigh>

So, no answer then?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Raenzjar.4210

<sigh>

So, no answer then?

I have no desire repeating stuff what has been said several times by now. Do your homework and get your facts straight.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I have no desire repeating stuff what has been said several times by now. Do your homework and get your facts straight.

And yet there were major story parts of LS1 that was “locked” behind using Aspects (in a much higher amount than the current one) how was that more optional than this was?
I have never actually gotten any answer to that question.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

DreamyAbaddon.3265

And yet there were major story parts of LS1 that was “locked” behind using Aspects (in a much higher amount than the current one) how was that more optional than this was?

You won’t get an asnwer to that question because there isn’t one.
You also still need to do jumping with Vistas too if you want to do map completions so if you don’t want to do jumping then you can forget that.

It’s nice when things are optional but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t tie together.
They can make creative dungeons, boss fights that require jumping and dodging and they have, and I hope more is required to keep game skill based with variation instead of keeping things separate. Jumping Puzzles meets Dungeons & Story can create more creative challenges and possibilities which I welcome.

By all means, tie more things together but don’t limit creativity for those minority who are disabled and unable to do simple mechanics like a simple jump…

More dynamic mechanics and game play is better.

(edited by DreamyAbaddon.3265)

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Raenzjar.4210

Jumping vistas has no cooldown timer, and not all players choose to do them. Not even for map completion.

I only recently got mine, btw, after 2.5k+ gamehours. I took the time to do them, as I need time to position my char and carefully look at positions. (sidenote: I myself “train” this also in LA for example; the three pillars next to the TP near mystic forge being one spot to do so.)

Yes, Anet can make dungeon-/ boss fights which involves jumping. Until now I am not forced to jump. No idea what the future brings.

It’s perfectly fine if someone likes the jumping stuff in this game; there are players who do not. And for some Anet now effectively locks players out of the new content, by making jumping mandatory. Without thinking of alternatives.

Maybe it’s the tight budget they spoke about on that last video, I do not know.

By all means, tie more things together but don’t limit creativity for those minority who are disabled and unable to do simple mechanics like a simple jump…

‘Screw the “crippled” as long as I get my dose of GW2.’

I really hope this is not the attitude Anet will show.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Jumping vistas has no cooldown timer, and not all players choose to do them. Not even for map completion.

I only recently got mine, btw, after 2.5k+ gamehours. I took the time to do them, as I need time to position my char and carefully look at positions. (sidenote: I myself “train” this also in LA for example; the three pillars next to the TP near mystic forge being one spot to do so.)

Yes, Anet can make dungeon-/ boss fights which involves jumping. Until now I am not forced to jump. No idea what the future brings.

It’s perfectly fine if someone likes the jumping stuff in this game; there are players who do not. And for some Anet now effectively locks players out of the new content, by making jumping mandatory. Without thinking of alternatives.

Games shouldn’t be played by handicaps unless they can figure a work around to play them. But games like gw2 also shouldnt revolve around them either.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I think why this problem is now rearing it’s head is the fact that they have stated that ‘the joy of movement’ aka 40 year old boring tedious game mechanic popularised by SMB is going to be a major part of LS2. For most that don’t like jumping, LS1 was ok as you could ignore it, and the one personal story step that involved jumping could be tried a few times a day, then go back to it a week later for a few more tries, and then just don’t bother with any other toon. Maybe I just don’t like jumping games as I grew up when they were first around and I found them tedious, unstimulating and not something that appealed as they seemed to be made for the easily amused.

As they are now effectively making it mandatory if you wish to progress the LS2, this is why so many have now felt compelled to post. No doubt there are many others who feel the same way but don’t like collecting infraction points. As there are no doubt many who like having even more platform gaming in the game instead of being optional jump puzzles.

Making anything timed just adds to the lack of enjoyment for many, and is another weak mechanic used by lazy developers in many games.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Raenzjar.4210

Games shouldn’t be played by handicaps unless they can figure a work around to play them. But games like gw2 also shouldnt revolve around them either.

That which needed to be demonstrated. Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

I feel sorry for you.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: nexy.6392

nexy.6392

You do realise that some of the so called handicapped may in fact be military veterans who have landed in this position through no fault of there own, show some respect you ill mannered fool. Its contemptuous people like you who make the world such a vile place maybe they should have put you down at birth and spared the rest of us having to hear your sanctimonious drivel.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Raenzjar.4210

Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates.

At the first gate, ask yourself, ‘Is it true?’

At the second ask, ‘Is it necessarry?’

At the third ask, ‘Is it kind?’

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: ungascarlo.7459

ungascarlo.7459

it would be very doable if its not lagging sooooo bad

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Sytherek.7689

<sigh>

So, no answer then?

There is no answer because your question is invalid.

In my experience as a world completer and story completer, only one possible path of one aspect of the game (the jumping puzzle in the personal storyline) is blocked by a jumping puzzle.

ALL of the new Dry Top release is blocked by a jumping puzzle.

The difficulty of the jumping puzzle in Dry Top can be easily fixed by extending or eliminating the timers.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Sytherek.7689

I do not, nor have I ever asked ANet to alter gameplay or mechanics to suit my limited abilities, and I have completed the content as delivered.

I have not seen any handicapped person ask for special privileges.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

In my experience as a world completer and story completer, only one possible path of one aspect of the game (the jumping puzzle in the personal storyline) is blocked by a jumping puzzle.

You mean just like ALL of Cutthroat Politics was blocked by even worse jumping puzzles? How could it was okay back then, but now it is suddenly the worse thing ever?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Djinn.9245

Wow, this thread is chock full of heartless people. What a thing to say.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Sytherek.7689

You mean just like ALL of Cutthroat Politics was blocked by even worse jumping puzzles? How could it was okay back then, but now it is suddenly the worse thing ever?

I was trying to die when Cutthroat politics came out, as I have repeated. Had I been playing, I probably would have complained about it.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

This will always remind me of the Gates of Maguuma and why soooooooooooo many complaints about the jumping zone:-

Still a awesome place to get your daily reviver!

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Djinn.9245

While a game shouldn’t “revolve” around any handicap, I do believe that game developers should keep it in mind.

GW2 started as a normal MMO with Story being the emphasis. Jumping was never mentioned as a required part of the game. It was always optional.

People talk about Vistas requiring jumping, but map completion isn’t required. If I come across a Vista that is taking too long to complete, I simply don’t complete that Map. Its not like the rewards for map completion are great. And a large percentage of players aren’t worried about World Completion for Legendaries. For a large number of players, Legendaries are so out of reach that they don’t even worry about them. They just play maps / LS / WvW. Look around at the huge number of people with no star – those are not all new players.

Requiring jumping to experience content is a huge issue. At the Four Winds Festival last year, I went to the cliffs and died over and over and over. This was not fun (shocking) and I quit the game because all my friends were doing the festival and I could not join in. I went to play something else and didn’t come back until Halloween. This year I decided to try the cliffs again mainly because they removed armor damage. I think they should also remove waypoint costs at festivals because festivals should be fun and having to pay WP every time you die adds up.

TLDR: jumping is fine for optional stuff, don’t make it required to experience reqular content.

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

<sigh>

So, no answer then?

The difficulty of the jumping puzzle in Dry Top can be easily fixed by extending or eliminating the timers.

Dude, how is all of it blocked by a Jumping Puzzle? You use the Light aspect to get through the little sandfall at the beginning of Dry Top. You use the Lightning Aspect to launch yourself to the Wind Aspect. You use the Wind/Lightning Aspect to launch yourself to the cliff. You grab another Wind Aspect and you use it to be launched up twice to continue. There is no real jumping at all involved.

Even the instance that requires you to go up higher has Kasmeer making portals for you so you don’t even need to really jump. The instance after that STILL has her making portals, and the path to that instance requires use of 2 Wind Aspect crystals, of which only ONE is a gap, and a rather small one at that. How are you guys having any problems getting to this at all, and why do you want it to be spoonfed to you?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Sytherek.7689

<sigh>

So, no answer then?

Dude, how is all of it blocked by a Jumping Puzzle? You use the Light aspect to get through the little sandfall at the beginning of Dry Top. You use the Lightning Aspect to launch yourself to the Wind Aspect. You use the Wind/Lightning Aspect to launch yourself to the cliff. You grab another Wind Aspect and you use it to be launched up twice to continue. There is no real jumping at all involved.

Even the instance that requires you to go up higher has Kasmeer making portals for you so you don’t even need to really jump. The instance after that STILL has her making portals, and the path to that instance requires use of 2 Wind Aspect crystals, of which only ONE is a gap, and a rather small one at that. How are you guys having any problems getting to this at all, and why do you want it to be spoonfed to you?

It is blocked by the timers on the jump crystals.

15 seconds is not long enough for some who lacks quick spatial skills or manual dexterity. My problem is the later. It often takes me more than 15 seconds to locate my target and to move my hand between controls. Remapping the keyboard did help a bit.

Significantly lengthen the timers, and my objection goes away. Longer timers in no way harm anyone while making the game more reasonable for others.

How is the game harmed by lengthening the jump timer?

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

If you stand next to the crystal after grabbing it, it will reappear for you after the timer goes out. There’s no need to give it a longer time if you’re trying to reach the end of the LS chapter because for every time it requires you to use a crystal, you need the Lightning Aspect for 1 jump, the Light Aspect for 1 dash, and the Wind Aspect for 2 jumps, which are right next to each other (almost on top of each other). If you STILL need a duration increase on that, then I’m sorry, you probably shouldn’t be playing this game since 15 seconds is more than enough time.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Sytherek.7689

If you stand next to the crystal after grabbing it, it will reappear for you after the timer goes out. There’s no need to give it a longer time if you’re trying to reach the end of the LS chapter because for every time it requires you to use a crystal, you need the Lightning Aspect for 1 jump, the Light Aspect for 1 dash, and the Wind Aspect for 2 jumps, which are right next to each other (almost on top of each other). If you STILL need a duration increase on that, then I’m sorry, you probably shouldn’t be playing this game since 15 seconds is more than enough time.

Again, I ask: How does lengthening the timer harm anything?

Jumping Feedback Thread

in Living World

Elden Arnaas.4870

Why lengthen the timer? Why not make it a set number of uses, like it originally was? I think that would be a much better solution.(to the time problem, anyway)