PVE Class For a Crappy Evader

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Hey guys I’m looking for a new class to have fun with, I’m currently maining a Great Sword Power Reaper but I would like a class that brings more value to the table for
Other people.

Here’s a couple things, I’m a crumby evader, most of my Wep Skins are Great Sword, I have 4 lvl 80s Necro, Guardian, Warrior, Ranger.

I’ve noticed my Warrior with an incomplete Berserker trait has its health evaporate, when you fill in the trait line do you get more health sustain?

My Guardian has too little health, I can’t find a way to
Survive knock downs or being cced since 15k health gets chewed through fast.

With Ranger the Staff is underwhelming and the damage takes forever to
Kill anything even with Zerker gear.

At least with my Power Reaper I’m alive a majority of the time, the DPS is decent; but is Vampiric Presence enough to bring to the table for group value?

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

First things first: If you miss the big tells and don’t dodge, block, aegis or otherwise completely avoid the blow, you’re gonna have a bad time. And by bad time I mean “You’ll eat more dirt than worm in potato field”, those attacks are designed to take you down no matter how tough you are. Keep practicing to dodge the tells and you’ll get better at it evantually, just don’t stop practicing because you find something that’s easy to play. Until then…

If you want to live forever but suck at evading, then Reaper is definitely the easiest thing to play. Scrapper is pretty much impossible to go down with as well if you’re using the HGH build with some Marauder gear. But neither of those bring a lot to the table in terms of party support, the Scrapper can cleanse a lot of Conditions from allies but that’s about it.

If we’re just talking Open World PvE, you don’t really have to worry much about Support. Most players in Open World build for self-sustain and generally can take care of themselves there, anyway. If we’re talking something like Fractals or Raids however, then you’re gonna have a problem if you don’t practice your evasion. In Fractals and Raids, you’ll want to play Condition Damage Reaper if anything, and if we’re talking Party Support then Vampiric Presence is not enough, no.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

“but I would like a class that brings more value to the table for
Other people.”

It would help to know in what area of the game. SPvP, raids, WvW, dungeons?

If it’s PvE, play the profession where you die the least. That’s the one that will help others the most as they won’t have to be rezzing you or losing your dps with deaths and running back after waypointing out.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Oldirtbeard.9834

In answer to Just a Fleshwound lower lvl Fractals, original 5 Mans, Open World.

To the original replier I’m assuming Engineer is just spamming everything the hitting anything that comes off cool down?

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

There’s literally no build I could suggest to you fitting that description. If you’re going to ignore dodges and let enemies hit you with every single attack, there’s nothing you can play that would benefit your party (because they could always replace you with someone who doesn’t ignore dodge mechanics, reads enemy tells and provides much more to the party).
Tbh. unless you’re willing to l2p, I’d say your best bet is to stay on your reaper. Power-based damage is superior to condi in dungeons most of the time, so you’ll be contributing a decent amount. Also if you cannot stay alive on other classes, there’s no point in switching, just stay on necro who has double healthbar and is extremely easy to play.

Pro tip: If you’re facing multiple trash mobs (enemies who’s rank is lower than champion), try placing down well of darkness under them. It’s a blind field, meaning their attacks will be rendered completely ineffective for at least 5 seconds.

Pro tip2: Boss enemies usually have breakbar (the blue bar under their health). If you break it quickly, it will disable the boss for 5 seconds, allowing you to freecast as you wish. Your best skill for breaking that bar (called CC) is charge, which is 2nd skill after you activate flesh golem as your elite. Your other CCs include 3rd and 5th skills in reaper shroud.

Oldirtbeard.9834

There’s literally no build I could suggest to you fitting that description. If you’re going to ignore dodges and let enemies hit you with every single attack, there’s nothing you can play that would benefit your party (because they could always replace you with someone who doesn’t ignore dodge mechanics, reads enemy tells and provides much more to the party).
Tbh. unless you’re willing to l2p, I’d say your best bet is to stay on your reaper. Power-based damage is superior to condi in dungeons most of the time, so you’ll be contributing a decent amount. Also if you cannot stay alive on other classes, there’s no point in switching, just stay on necro who has double healthbar and is extremely easy to play.

Pro tip: If you’re facing multiple trash mobs (enemies who’s rank is lower than champion), try placing down well of darkness under them. It’s a blind field, meaning their attacks will be rendered completely ineffective for at least 5 seconds.

Pro tip2: Boss enemies usually have breakbar (the blue bar under their health). If you break it quickly, it will disable the boss for 5 seconds, allowing you to freecast as you wish. Your best skill for breaking that bar (called CC) is charge, which is 2nd skill after you activate flesh golem as your elite. Your other CCs include 3rd and 5th skills in reaper shroud.

It’s not that I’m completely incapable of dodging it’s just that for every attack I manage to avoid I seem to get screwed by something else, I know how to break break bars, 1 wasn’t aware skill 4 on the GS was a blind though so I guess Inshoukd save that one for
BBs as well.

To be honest dodging is not a problem for me but I get stunned a lot, and once that happens or you get knocked down you’re dead.

I’d probably camp Mace/Shield as a Guardian if I had some stability for example.

Actually in low lvl Fractals I don’t die as a Reaper, the only times I run into problems are Ghosts in BSF and Jades in EB.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Haha easily possible with a nomad anything. A mace guard for example can tank buffed WvW lords. But of course, your damage will be kitten. I wouldnt use it in PvE.

Reaper remain by far the best facetanker with damage because you can build it to regen a ton of lf and hp in shroud, ie you will be immortal as long as you maintain shroud most of the time.

Oldirtbeard.9834

Haha easily possible with a nomad anything. A mace guard for example can tank buffed WvW lords. But of course, your damage will be kitten. I wouldnt use it in PvE.

Reaper remain by far the best facetanker with damage because you can build it to regen a ton of lf and hp in shroud, ie you will be immortal as long as you maintain shroud most of the time.

I was hoping for a change of pace so I’ll probably lvl an Engineer and camp Hammer, I Assume In low level Fractals no ones going to care any way.