Which profs best for buffing (not support)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Thebayman.5140

Thebayman.5140

I understand that each prof (depending on build) kinda fits into a category of support/buff/tank (I don’t know if these are correct but you get my point). That being said, I also understand that the nature of the game doesn’t generally put each prof into a distinct role.

So my question is: What classes would best fit into buffing. Also, how many different sub-roles are there?

Thanks!

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Short Answer:

Offensive Buffs: Elementalist. Plenty of AoE Might and Fury to go around by Blasting Fire fields, which they have plenty of.

Defensive Buffs: Guardian. Protection, Regeneration, Aegis, Stability, the whole package.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Posted by: Seal.5964

Seal.5964

There’s also Stealth, of which you have (in order of time):
Thief > Mesmer >= Engineer

EU The Right Trolls ~JiVE~

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Support/Buff/Tank? Not at all. There is no tank and for this game support and buff is pretty much the same. Buff is kind of a subcategory of support I guess. And I suppose would could talk about 2 sub-subcategory offensive and defensive buff. We are talking about PvE?

Offensive Buff :
- Elementalist : Can give might and fury to the group
- Warrior : Can bring banner and a little bit of might and fury. You can also create a build to give a lot of might at the expense of your dps.
- Ranger : Bring frost spirit and spotter, while giving a good amount of fury

Defensive Buff :
- Guardian : Can give about all defensive buff with Protection and Aegis being the best.

Offensive buff count as the main source of Offensive Support, but Defensive Buff count as a tiny portion of Defensive Support, for PvE at least.

In PvP, it’s usually the other way around. Defensive buff is important, while Offensive buff not as much.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD