Balance Goals for the Winter 2016 Update

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Snip.

I’ve thought through the implications of removing cele from PvP and what would happen to elementalist quite a bit, actually. It’s pretty risky. I think elementalist would need a new 4 stat combo to be viable at roughly the same level (maybe something like 1050pow/1050condi/560vit/560healing).

Why don’t you guys first look at normalizing health pools? With so many defensive traits available, for all professions, it no longer makes sense that someone with berserker is walking around with 11k health and someone else with 18-19k.

+1 This is a huge issue.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

1) reaper chill nerf…

This can’t be overstated enough. I’m a reaper main and I’ve been using the Deathly Chill trait, and it desperately needs a nerf. Chill is so easy to apply, it can be applied for very long durations, and the damage is equivalent is instantly stacking 5-6 bleeds, while at the same time reducing runspeed and increasing CD’s.

That’d be fine. Might also help base-necro gain back some of its condition players~ but either way, I’d say something would have to be given to Necro. They’re already not in a super-shining place as is, even if the Chill damage is a bit much.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

deetes tomorrow, thank Grouchabro, i know you did facepalmed alot on current meta so you and the team can’t wait to apply/show the changes that you worked on.

On runes issue, i forgot anything except durability exists. Kappa.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Wow! Wow! Wow! o// thank you! Diamond Skin change is perfect!!! Thank you!! I can finally hit an Elementalist when I run a condi build! Im so happy! That infinite invulnerability was rough!

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I’ve thought through the implications of removing cele from PvP and what would happen to elementalist quite a bit, actually. It’s pretty risky. I think elementalist would need a new 4 stat combo to be viable at roughly the same level (maybe something like 1050pow/1050condi/560vit/560healing).

Elementalists would probably need more than one 4 stat combo gear, for the sake of diversity. Some of them would move to crusader (the old valkyrie stat build) for direct damage builds, and I’m sure boon builds could find a place with a fitting boon duration amulet too.

Regardless, all those options would be weaker than celestial, but they could be doable IF elementalist’s traits are fine tuned to work with them. For example, with some stronger access to fury/ precision and improved arcane skills/ traits, crusader eles could be a thing. Extra toughness, damage reduction and condition damage in earth, plus a slightly improved rock barrier, could make your suggested amulet work really well to offset the lack of celestial.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

1) reaper chill nerf…

This can’t be overstated enough. I’m a reaper main and I’ve been using the Deathly Chill trait, and it desperately needs a nerf. Chill is so easy to apply, it can be applied for very long durations, and the damage is equivalent is instantly stacking 5-6 bleeds, while at the same time reducing runspeed and increasing CD’s.

That’d be fine. Might also help base-necro gain back some of its condition players~ but either way, I’d say something would have to be given to Necro. They’re already not in a super-shining place as is, even if the Chill damage is a bit much.

Absolutely; base necro (and base everything) being viable again is critically important. Hopefully the necro shroud changes and widespread elite spec nerfs can help with this.

in PvP

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

Snip.

I believe everyone would prefer an amulet like this over celestial amulet. I’m sure tweaks to base hp and base healing for water atunement skills/traits could make up for the lack of celestial amulet without a massive overhaul; this would also increase the personal reward of playing ele well rather than it’s current form of “let us hit every button I can and still out-sustain 50-60% of players without any thought required”.

Note, passive play is boring, unrewarding, and bad design in my personal opinion. Cele amulet and passive proc’ing invlunerabilities are two of main culprits contributing to this.

If you’re afraid of tweaking base healing for skills and traits due to other amulets making a class to tanky, that should again raise a red flag for the issue of ele being reliant on cele amulet. A good tempest can currently 1v1 on a comparable level and shuts out almost all condi builds. They are unbelievably strong in teamfights, providing unmatched support, healing, conditions, utility, and situationally high damage with overloads. No class should be able to do everything as well as tempest currently does.

I stress that players should have more than one amulet option to be successful in any meta, and not being shoe-horned into cele amulet to function.

Custom 3 and 4 Stat amulets would also be a good idea alongside the traditional amulets as an option for new players.

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

Wow! Wow! Wow! o// thank you! Diamond Skin change is perfect!!! Thank you!! I can finally hit an Elementalist when I run a condi build! Im so happy! That infinite invulnerability was rough!

Not sure making a good grandmaster trait useless is good for the game, specially in the current condi-heavy meta. Condi are passive offense after all and do not require the same amount of skill to pull off as damage spike builds. What will stop a perma-chill Reaper of destroying eles without any effort now? Chill affect the elementalist class twice more than all the other classes, as soon as the diamond skin threshold is broken eles just melt in place.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

1) reaper chill nerf…

Absolutely; base necro (and base everything) being viable again is critically important. Hopefully the necro shroud changes and widespread elite spec nerfs can help with this.

Base shoud (and general Soul Reaping killing diversity) needs a pretty hard look, which I’m not confident they’ll be willing to take the leaps needed to mechanically fix Necromancer, but here’s to hoping. I like Reaper just fine but I do kind of miss base-necro at times. :S

That said… I don’t know if i want to live in a world without “Rise!” so I might be screwed either way. :P

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Not sure making a good grandmaster trait useless is good for the game, specially in the current condi-heavy meta. Condi are passive offense after all and do not require the same amount of skill to pull off as damage spike builds. What will stop a perma-chill Reaper of destroying eles without any effort now? Chill affect the elementalist class twice more than all the other classes, as soon as the diamond skin threshold is broken eles just melt in place.

Tempest is already god-mode in terms of team support, it doesn’t have to be god-mode in 1v1s too.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Can you rush out the quickness-stomp/res change? And not wait?

Its hard to tell how things will pan out until things like that get normalized.

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

Tempest is already god-mode in terms of team support, it doesn’t have to be god-mode in 1v1s too.

Tempest is a complete bunker build. If a complete bunker build doesn’t sustain a 1v1 then no other build will be viable.

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

So QQ gets diamond skin nerfed but Rev is juuuust getting a “keeping an eye on”. Bring back turrets for engineers they were fun.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

Can you rush out the quickness-stomp/res change? And not wait?

Its hard to tell how things will pan out until things like that get normalized.

Also an other quickness bug fix needed:
Ice Spike doesn’t work with quickness anymore, at least with the superior sigil of speed. The animation is faster but the damage comes out 2 seconds later.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Tempest is a complete bunker build. If a complete bunker build doesn’t sustain a 1v1 then no other build will be viable.

We already have things like druid and scrapper that can hold practically any 1v1, scrapper is also strong for holding 2v1. Both of these are less useful in teamfights.

In the same way, something like tempest (also bunker mesmer) which are insanely powerful in teamfights need to be less useful in other situations otherwise they are simply overpowered.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Aside from skill adjustments, another way we can adjust balance in PvP is by looking at the runes/sigils/amulets that are available for use through the customization panel.

I would be interested in hearing thoughts (with the high-level goals from the blog in-mind) on adding/removing various sigils/amulets/runes. In general, our goal for PvP is to be faster-paced with a higher-level of lethality than what we’re seeing in S1.

I know we’ve had this conversation a few times before, but it’s always important to have this discussion with the correct context in mind.

Minstrel’s stats should be changed in both PvE (where nobody uses them) and re-introduced to PvP. How?

Replace Toughness with Power.

Boom, viable everywhere.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Im ok with it removing 2 or 3 or w/e amount of condis between w/e time intervals I just think infinite invulnerability was too much. Any class using condi builds would be hard countered by 1 trait. Just felt like too much for me. Im not a big fan of invulnerability skills or traits. Mesmers annoy the heck out of me but at least they have to combo their skills to get that level of inv. Diamond skin would do it indefinitely just by having it equipped. Its rough to play against that X.X

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Very curious to see new Diamond Skin.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

1. Ele update: can’t say much since there is also no details. Glad to hear there will be QoL for screpter i just hope it won’t get overtuned like DH.

2. Not touching scrapper hammer at all? Why? If i also understand it right engis won’t see any nerfs if any, even though it is currently one of the most broken classes right now due miriad of defenses, backstab dmg on hammer which is overloaded with utilities, CC etc.

3. Guards: yeah, i really hope traps will be brought down a bit. Not sure what other options of guards really need buffs considering they already have really good condi build, dps build and bunker build which all are not used due to DH being faceroll and other elites being better at bunkering because they are overbuffed.

4. Mesmers: nothing about ridicilous amount of uptime on evades/blocks for mes? No update on alacrity affecting thieves (since they don’t profit from it). No update of stolen plasma that is still missing boons like resistance and quickness?

5. Necro: gods, please don’t buff necro. They are already bordeline OP and way too forgiving due to massive aoe spam and way too high survivability (i play one myself).

6. Ranger: not a single word about bunker druid’s pet almost one shotting players. Not a single word about year long CC aoe dazes that hit target even outside of the circles. GG.

7. Revenant: don’t forget hammer dmg and exploitable bugs :|

8. Thief: well i hope those aren’t just plain number increase/decrease. We need things like backstab hitting through blocks/invuls under certain conditions. Only acro gets looked at? What about whole class? It suffers greatly from massive aoe, revealed, CC spam from all other classes and stealth/dodges offer often no protection at all. WITHDRAW IS STILL MISSING 10% HEALING BUFF.

9. Wars: too vague to say much, i only hope rifle doesn’t turn into second scrapper hammer with crap load of utility and backstab dmg on every spell.

Bottom line: unless buffs to ele scepter, thief and war will be huge (which opens new problems) i don’t see us moving anywhere away from current snoozefest of bunker meta. Most elites need overall reducing in aoe effectivness, longer CD on CC, less passives, less effect on CCs, longer CD on defensives, less effectivness on defensives, less boon spam and dmg on some builds need to be tuned down (e.g. vault spam, dh traps, scrapper hammer, chill from reaper etc.)

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Look at Reaper GS plz, or PowerNecro will never be viable neither in WvW or sPvP.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

Can we PLEASE have Chill no longer affect Attunement cool-down?

It’s fine to let it reduce cool-down on skills, but no other class suffers as much as the Ele when it comes to Chill.

Yes, no other class gets completely lockdown from chill. It’s really stupid not to be able to do anything for 5-6 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Please look at how traits interact too. Traits should strength elements of play. The passive procs just feel too cheesy. They can add to skills, but giving random procs that have little interplay doesn’t make for fun or interesting builds, and adds too much luck to a fight.

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Snip.

This… Please remove Cele ammy.

I do not wanna fight a bunker/bruiser/sustainer/burster/mightstacker/condidamager…

Buff the professions accordingly if needed but please take this Jack of all Trades ammulette out of sPvP…

Thank you!

#I no words have"

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Can we PLEASE have Chill no longer affect Attunement cool-down?

It’s fine to let it reduce cool-down on skills, but no other class suffers as much as the Ele when it comes to Chill.

Yes, no other class gets completely lockdown from chill. It’s really stupid not to be able to do anything for 5-6 seconds.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lucid_Singularity

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

please add condi duration and boon duration to cele amulet it needs a buff with the new stats.

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

If you nerf sword damage on rev you will destroy its ability to down a bunker that actually knows how to rotate defensive CDs. This class doesn’t have enough quick cc to not warrant having extremely high damage

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Snip.

The biggest reason why celestial amulet is very good is because a lot of things scales pretty poorly. Unless the class relies highly on scaling, there is no reason to go 1,200 into anything.

Look at the auto attack combo for Reaper form, assuming none are a critical hits, 3 hits equals to 2070 total damage on the celestial amulet.
However, if you invest your gear entirely to damage on the zerker or soldier amulet, it becomes 3606 total damage in 3 hits.

That’s only a difference of 1536 when you invest everything into power. That is a terrible trade.

Also, why can’t all the amulets go into 4-stats? I’ve been brainstorming a new gear stat allocation for PvE where highest gear rank is split between 3 archtypes that follow under 3 stats, 4 stats and 5 stats. Where players can only equip one archtype (but that balance leads to economy issues that’ll need adjusting)

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

• I think passive invulnerability traits has to go. This would make engi more in line with other professions and still have enough sustain and damage.
  • Revenant soothing bastion trait could also use a rework as well as warriors passive invuln.
  • Thief slow steal is currently 7s and I think it’s a bit too much
  • condi rev banish enchantment could have the confusion stacks lowered from 3 to 1 as well as the trait, condition duration shouldn’t affect taunt.
  • Condition damage is a bit too high atm also and they should work more like debuffs.

Also remember to rework revenant downed 1 skill since slow doesn’t affect stomps anymore.

(edited by The Ace.9105)

in PvP

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

1) reaper chill nerf…

There’s not really enough to justify condi reaper beyond chill, and condi necro is trash until Curses is made useful again. Realistically, the chills that cannot be avoided are the ones on sigils and runes, which may be the source of your distress, as Grenth Rune + Sigil of Ice = unavoidable chill for days.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Nothing, 100% sure. Most likely they will leave these 2 op pets untouched.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Yeah, I really want all these bad players who die to Gunflame, Ranger Pets, Trap Guardians, and need four guys to kill an Elementalist in this thread to have a say in the balance changes. Not.

Good on Arena.net for the measured PR post. Hopefully the changes are just as measured as the Goals. I do not envy them having to balance their game around this game’s player base.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

(edited by Schurge.5194)

in PvP

Salamander.2504

1) reaper chill nerf…

There’s not really enough to justify condi reaper beyond chill, and condi necro is trash until Curses is made useful again. Realistically, the chills that cannot be avoided are the ones on sigils and runes, which may be the source of your distress, as Grenth Rune + Sigil of Ice = unavoidable chill for days.

Yes, condi reaper is absolutely justified without chill damage; (1) RS 2 aoe boon corrupt on kitten CD traited with curses (as an example, but obviously we can’t recommend actually using curses); (2) dhuumfire goes from useless to OK; (3) RS 4 is insane damage with condi; (4) reaper traits give much needed LF management that scepter lacks; (5) every necro needs stability, and shroud 3 becomes an aoe fear for terrormancers. And anyways, all we’re asking is for chill damage to be nerfed, not removed.

And the issue isn’t whether chill can be avoided. Most skills in this game can be avoided; it doesn’t change the fact that some skills are too strong. Keeping near perma-chill up is a simple task to do whether in 1v1’s or teamfights, even if everything can be avoided; all we’re saying is that it shouldn’t do that much damage. In any case, Suffer is an instant cast aoe chill that can give ~5 s of chill, and if traited can be used every 13 seconds. Staff 5 and 3 can also be difficult to avoid. Just saying. Unavoidable chills aren’t the source of our distress, though—both ronpierce and I main reapers and use Deathly Chill, so if anything it’s the distress we are causing…

(edited by Salamander.2504)

in PvP

Posted by: Shinobi.3240

Shinobi.3240

Regarding Thief:

• Autoattack buff … please don´t
  • Acrobatics rework … yes needed
  • Fix pathing issues on skills like scorpion wire, imparing daggers etc.
  • More boon stealing … thief theme …. we can´t generate boons but we can steal them

Generally

• Runes and Sigils don´t proc on autoattacks anymore
  • Higher internal cd on fire and air sigils
  • On swap sigils like leeching and intelligence don´t have charges anymore they have an effect for a short duration on all hits.
    e.g. Sigil of intelligence – grants you 50% critchance after weaponsswap for 2 seconds.
    Buff for fast attacking or channeled skills – doesn´t last for long .. counterplay .. LoS etc.
  • Oh and i like the idea someone else mentioned about sigil of energy granting vigor instead.
  • Get rid of passives .. tie them to player action instead
  • Reduce the aoe … smaller radius … an aoe that covers the complete node in a capture the point based pvp mode is just wrong.

All for now!

Looking forward to the balance patch!

Best regards!

Shino

Shinobi Sicarius [ Thief / Lvl: 80 / PvP Rank: 250+]
[5/8 Champion Titles – Legendary Division] [19k+ AP]
[BEER – Dungeon Riders – Desolation]

in PvP

vlad.4871

1) reaper chill nerf…

Yes, condi reaper is absolutely justified without chill damage; (1) RS 2 aoe boon corrupt on kitten CD traited with curses (as an example, but obviously we can’t recommend actually using curses); (2) dhuumfire goes from useless to OK; (3) RS 4 is insane damage with condi; (4) reaper traits give much needed LF management that scepter lacks; (5) every necro needs stability, and shroud 3 becomes an aoe fear for terrormancers. And anyways, all we’re asking is for chill damage to be nerfed, not removed.

And the issue isn’t whether chill can be avoided. Most skills in this game can be avoided; it doesn’t change the fact that some skills are too strong. Keeping near perma-chill up is a simple task to do whether in 1v1’s or teamfights, even if everything can be avoided; all we’re saying is that it shouldn’t do that much damage. In any case, Suffer is an instant cast aoe chill that can give ~5 s of chill, and if traited can be used every 13 seconds. Staff 5 and 3 can also be difficult to avoid. Just saying. Unavoidable chills aren’t the source of our distress—both ronpierce and I main reapers…

So you ended up playing reaper in legendary and esl and still think that necro/chill it s op?look at the proleague almost 0 necros there.
Necro has close to 0 chances to survive into a teamfight with 0 blocks/invuls/imunes.
So tune down chill dmg more and necro won t do any damage and die in 5 seconds in a teamfight.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Did I just read they are planning on buffing Thieves AA damage? Really? What the hell?

in PvP

vlad.4871

1) reaper chill nerf…

And the issue isn’t whether chill can be avoided. Most skills in this game can be avoided; it doesn’t change the fact that some skills are too strong. Keeping near perma-chill up is a simple task to do whether in 1v1’s or teamfights, even if everything can be avoided; all we’re saying is that it shouldn’t do that much damage. In any case, Suffer is an instant cast aoe chill that can give ~5 s of chill, and if traited can be used every 13 seconds. Staff 5 and 3 can also be difficult to avoid. Just saying. Unavoidable chills aren’t the source of our distress—both ronpierce and I main reapers…

So you ended up playing reaper in legendary and esl and still think that necro/chill it s op?look at the proleague almost 0 necros there.
Necro has close to 0 chances to survive into a teamfight with 0 blocks/invuls/imunes.
So tune down chill dmg more and necro won t do any damage and die in 5 seconds in a teamfight.
No one uses Suffer in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

my two cents
add more unblock-able effects
with the amount of block effects now i think adding more unblock-able would be fine

reduce invulnerability and evade effects
there is no counter play to invulnerability and evades and should be limited.

in PvP

Salamander.2504

1) reaper chill nerf…

Reaper chill damage and sustain under focus (lack of active defenses outside of shroud) are 2 separate issues.

Obviously my post only treats the first point, because there was no mention of a chill nerf in the patch notes preview. On the other hand, a buff to blighters boon was hinted at in the patch notes preview, which should address the second point (sustain).

Duh…

in PvP

vlad.4871

1) reaper chill nerf…

In a Teamfight Mesmers,Eles,Ranger Can get rid of condis really easy,Revenant has resistance,teef totally counters necro,Engi Enough condi clear etc.
No one uses Suffer in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

I think we need some more Runesets similar to Pack Runes and Durability Runes, aka Runes that grants +175 to One Stat, +125 to Another and still has some sort of Bonus that affects playstyle. They mash very well with 4-Stat Amulets because they can add both to Strengths and Weaknesses depending on how you play it. (Pack runes were pretty popular before the Sustain Meta, and Durability Runes are basically what allows Scrapper to run Marauder over Celestial.)

We could use a few more combinations, perhaps something like:

+175 Power
+125 Condition Damage
+ (Specific) Condition Duration/Application

+175 Condition Damage
+125 Expertize
+ (Specific) Condition Duration/Application

+175 Healing Power
+125 Toughness
+Outgoing Healing/(Specific) Boon Duration/Application

+175 Precision
+125 Ferocity
+(Specific) Boon Duration/Application

Overall, stuff like that. One idea would be to rework less used Runes such as Melandru Runes, Dwayna Runes, Fire Runes, Orrian Runes etc.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

in PvP

Posted by: rbbthole.9074

rbbthole.9074

I would be interested in hearing thoughts (with the high-level goals from the blog in-mind) on adding/removing various sigils/amulets/runes. In general, our goal for PvP is to be faster-paced with a higher-level of lethality than what we’re seeing in S1.

Adjust Celestial Amulet by lowering the stats (for me you can remove it, but you already nerf DS and I don’t want to hear elementalist QQ)
Remove Settler Amulet
Remove Superior Rune of Durability
Remove Superior Rune of the Herald
Remove Superior Rune of the Water
Remove Superior Rune of the Earth

in PvP

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

Did I just read they are planning on buffing Thieves AA damage? Really? What the hell?

If they touch any initiative based skill remember that it becomes spammable, that’s there only choice without creating a huge imbalance for a damage buff. The problem with any of that being we do not need the damage, we need survivability and massive updates to utility skills. Don’t understand why they think thieves need an AA buff…

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Is there a strong push to bring base game specs back into the fold for PvP? I didn’t buy HoT and have no interest in it. I’d be interested in buying HoT specs for use in PvP but only if I could buy them a la carte. I was pretty hopeful hearing the higher ups say that esports s a strong focus of ArenaNet’s but when you all hid the best specs behind HoT’s paywall, any credibility to what was being said was thrown out the window.

I think the best course of action to make the game competitive across the board is to do a few things:

1.) Skill Splits

2.) Make a Core Spec or two as viable as Elite Specs for each profession This does a few things: Increases population in PvP and hopefully opens up an option for a solo queue/team queue split again.

3.) Bring back solo queue <- This is my personal top priority.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Thief players so no to auto attack buffs- SHUSH. Take your buffs, and be happy. If you say no, we won’t receive buffs. GAAAH.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Don’t understand why they think thieves need an AA buff…

They don’t either. :>

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

If they touch any initiative based skill remember that it becomes spammable, that’s there only choice without creating a huge imbalance for a damage buff. The problem with any of that being we do not need the damage, we need survivability and massive updates to utility skills. Don’t understand why they think thieves need an AA buff…

If they nerf the overall tankiness/damage of the meta classes while killing quickness resses and slow stomps…..increased AA damage might just be enough to help quality thieves play again.

Though I’m worried about them not even delving into the whole druid bunker, any buffs to reapers, and more than likely over tuning of warriors (every time they buff warriors they over do it). I’m also willing to bet that once the diamond skin rework comes out it has a very high probability of being stronger than any other classes options for condi removal.

Like I said we’ll see when the notes come out.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Don’t understand why they think thieves need an AA buff…

They don’t either. :>

If they think thief AA could use a buff, maybe Necromancer Staff could get one. Not specifically asking for global buffs, but man I wish Staff 1 on necro was less boring. >_<

in PvP

Posted by: Zen Later.6475

Zen Later.6475

Thanks for the info Josh Davis. It is appreciated.

But where’s the play test feedback?

Where’s the feedback from the other two aspects of the game…WvW and PvE…that are also impacted directly by these changes?

Why are these changes only listed here in PvP when the other PvP game mode, WvW, has nothing posted in it about incoming changes?

There are just far, far too many unaswered questions and yet again we, your paying customers, are being asked to wait for it and get used to it when it arrives.

As our friends from across the pond would say…this is a load of bollox.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

All thieves need is more survivability in teamfights, but definetly NOT damage buffs. And if all this power-creep is getting toned down, that’s just an indirect buff on its own already.