Compensate won Solo/TeamQ with RankPoints?

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

watch the results of the polls so far.. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Actual-polls/first

interesting thinks i think

Ofc poll results shows the same what ppl think, I don’t get why they don;t care…

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

Let me try this again.
Here is a list, summing up why so far the PvP rewards revamp are not good enough for previous players and why it won’t hold the new coming ones, too.

- Zero retroactive rewards for any kind of PvP player. Be it rank points, glory, gold, skins, titles, finishers – nothing. So much for 1000s of ranked games, across 1000s of hours.

- Zero incentive to spend glory in the new vendor.

- Armor sets in the new vendor are in kitten boxes. What if I want a mixed set of skins? I have to buy the complete sets first!

- The mystery coffer is nothing more then another win/rank chest, and we have stacks of them.

- No glory to gold conversion of any sort. Except for the wintersday gifts, but that’s temporally and it’s doubtful if Anet won’t consider it an exploit.

- Small gold/silver rewards for rated play. Waiting good 5-6 mins in a queue, for mismatched game and get 15-20silver out of it? No wonder there are so much trolls lately and we have no means to report them…

- No proper tutorial or a way to teach the new players joining the mists, because of recent changes and they have no idea how to play. They will get flamed and hated on and will just go back to whatever they were doing before.

- All pvp game modes are now infested with players, who just afk, so they get gold for doing nothing.

- The ‘Luck’ from savaging PvP items is extremly low. 90luck out of 60 salvages! In PvE/WvW you will get ~700 luck out of 60 salvages.

- Based on the above, glory to magic find conversion rate is laughable at the moment.

So, there goes the wasted glory and glory boosters. I wouldn’t open all my chests just yet, because the drop rate of Luck is terrible.
The income of “new blood” to PvP will come and go, as there is no proper ways to teach them the game and with some many questions regarding the upcoming unified gear, there is little to no incentive for them to stay in the mists.

And given how things are going, the final system, whatever it is, will be in huge favor for the newcomers, leaving the (small) active pvp community crying in the corner.

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

Why haven’t they replied to this yet?

I am sure this must be possible to do and it really has no flaws to it at all.

in PvP

Michael.7382

Ofc there is possibility, same as in GW1…. every1 can easily see his games, wins etc..

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

how can they let exploiters get 1000golds without doing nothing but to the honest ppl who hasnt exploited do this?`

in PvP

Michael.7382

how can they let exploiters get 1000golds without doing nothing but to the honest ppl who hasnt exploited do this?`

They r (exploiters) from pve, how they could hurt their precious pve boys….

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

Posted by: exinax.2178

exinax.2178

While other posts like the QQ about the 25 SP requirement at least get a response that they’re reading it, this one’s getting nothing…

in PvP

Posted by: Mac Maritimus.8327

Mac Maritimus.8327

I agree with this.
Definitely separates skyhammer farmers from tourny players.

Mac
Polar Bears [Paw]
http://polarbears-guild.com

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

They probably won’t do this yet because it would require them to add a Dragon rank finisher first.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

Even compensating for matches won none will be r80 yet

in PvP

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Even compensating for matches won none will be r80 yet

Not even close either.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in PvP

Posted by: BakiSaN.9281

BakiSaN.9281

Almost 5 days and 3 pages later and still no dev response. This is a sad day for gw2 pvpers.

Sta ce biti s’ kucom!?

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

Almost 5 days and 3 pages later and still no dev response. This is a sad day for gw2 pvpers.

This must mean that Skyhammer farming was the right way to play the game!

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in PvP

BakiSaN.9281

This must mean that Skyhammer farming was the right way to play the game!

Atleast we know how to respond to exploits now I guess. Abuse the kitten out of them, of course

Sta ce biti s’ kucom!?

in PvP

Posted by: Kirmora.4976

Kirmora.4976

I totally agree with this..they did this in GW1, they have done the chest rewards for WvW. why cant they do this!!!!. please respond devs. We don’t want gold, just the rank points we deserve from winning tournament and arena matches in the past. This will also offset the debacle of the skyhammer farm…….to good to be true

“Success is a mind Game "

Killswiittch -Thief

in PvP

BakiSaN.9281

I’d understand if they didn’t want this if it was something new and all. But they did the EXACT same thing for WvW when ranking got revamped, why can’t they do it for us too? Are we a lower-class or something? I see absolutely no reason why this thread is still being ignored.

Sta ce biti s’ kucom!?

in PvP

savov.3712

I will never forget this thread i will bump this thread til i die

Now that’s some dedication!
Guys, do not forget to bring this question up for the Ready Up live stream next weekend. We may get our answer there.

in PvP

Michael.7382

The answer should be given days ago: yes we will do it, we will not leave u. -.-

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Next

Hey Guys,

A week ago we were ready to cut ranks. Last week, due to our discussion on the CDI thread, we decided to keep them.

Right now we are trying to determine in what form we are going to keep ranks and how they should be balanced so attaining the rank of dragon is something that you have a reasonable chance of achieving and not a quest that you pass on to your children and your children’s children.

Because we agree with most of you that ranks are too difficult to attain and because it was a very easy change for us we also decided to give players a bonus to players in Solo and Team Arenas.

I’m sorry you didn’t get a response sooner but we didn’t want to jump the gun and say yes or no to this thread. What you are asking isn’t something that we can just turn on so it would have to come in a build later if we decide to do it. At the moment we don’t have a plan to retroactively award points for wins but many of you have brought up some interesting reasons for it so it is something we will take into consideration when we are discussing how to adjust ranks.

Thanks again for your feedback.

John

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

Hey Guys,

A week ago we were ready to cut ranks. Last week, due to our discussion on the CDI thread, we decided to keep them.

Right now we are trying to determine in what form we are going to keep ranks and how they should be balanced so attaining the rank of dragon is something that you have a reasonable chance of achieving and not a quest that you pass on to your children and your children’s children.

Because we agree with most of you that ranks are too difficult to attain and because it was a very easy change for us we also decided to give players a bonus to players in Solo and Team Arenas.

I’m sorry you didn’t get a response sooner but we didn’t want to jump the gun and say yes or no to this thread. What you are asking isn’t something that we can just turn on so it would have to come in a build later if we decide to do it. At the moment we don’t have a plan to retroactively award points for wins but many of you have brought up some interesting reasons for it so it is something we will take into consideration when we are discussing how to adjust ranks.

John

Take in account the number of tournament matches played & won in order to buff the actual players rank when you re-adjust the rank system, same like in guild wars 1

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

Maybe 450 rank per tournament won retroactively or would be too much?

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

At the moment we don’t have a plan to retroactively award points for wins but many of you have brought up some interesting reasons for it so it is something we will take into consideration

Ye those “interesting reasons” being tons of time invested are really hard to see without players specifically mentioning them over and over. Glad someone brought it up.

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

LOL! Thanks John, I didn’t want to include that in my Will and Testament, you just saved me the trouble.

in PvP

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

Hey Guys,

John

I really appreciate your work!
A lot of great changes to the pvp system have been made.
Also the availabilty of the armor skins through glory/gold is a huge step!

My reasoning about refund rank points to players who played a lot of tournements over the last year is they really lived up for pvp while others farmed their rank on some non legit ways they made the pvp scene vital.

Also lots of people have already spent a lot of time on their champion titles
for very low to no rewards if i knew this would happen I wouldn’t have taken the effort and would be happy to start now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

in PvP

savov.3712

Hey Guys,

John

Thank you for the response!
And I will ask one more thing of you – when you are discussing this matter, please consider if you want to treat your ordinary, “loyal” player base the same or even worse then the exploiters and skyfarmer and which players you want to support and expand the game on. And this is not only about the ranks and the points, but as the direction the PvP is heading.
Right now players, who exploited the birthday booster in skyfarm, are now converting millions of glory into gold, while the rest of us can’t even brag with rank, because it’s meaningless after the skyfarming.
Hope we will hear of you again. With or without your response, we will have our answer by the time a new such “dilemma” comes to us.

in PvP

Kirmora.4976

thanks for the response, i think the only option to appear fair to the player base is retrospectively giving the ranks points. This would dilute the " skyhammer effect" and i cant imagine anyone complaining about this, except the skyhammer cheats………please take this into consideration. Also remember something similar was done in GW1 so a precedent has alrdy been set.

Killswiittch -Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

Saw this on Reddit. Reposting my answer there:

I don’t know, I wanted to play tournaments but no people, long waits and kittenty matchmaking made me stay away from them, and I usually joined hotjoin rooms where good people usually gathered.

I don’t care about they adding retroactive points, but they should for everyone, not just tournament players. What about Skyhammer farmers? Find a way to detect them and don’t give them anything, if possible.

What if they resetted ranks and gave new points depending on wins or something? That would be pretty fair, wouldn’kitten Of course it would go together with a nerf to needed points or with a buff so no legit players get worse ranks.

There must be a formula somewhere to compensate legit players, tournaments or not, and give nothing to the Skyhammer farmers.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Yea this is going to be controversial either way..

Reward tourny players = Hotjoin heros mad.
Reward tourny players + Hotjoin heros = what’s even the point of that… you could always farm hotjoin for rank points much faster then tournaments..

I’m against rewarding hotjoin heros in any way and would actually prefer no one get rewarded if they decide they can only reward both groups..

Find them skyhammer heros and ban em.. and no you haven’t caught any of em, or punished anyone, I know people who owned servers with the name “Skyhammer rank farm” and no of course I’m not going to report them.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

(edited by Darnis.4056)

in PvP

Posted by: Sagittario.8102

Sagittario.8102

Hey Guys,

John

Definitely yes, please reward people the rank points retroactively, but not all at once.
The WvW bonus chests system is actually very smart and it would fit here as well.
For each arena win, reward the player with (almost) double points. (Current reward + Current Reward – Already rewarded old reward)

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Hey Guys,

John

Skyhammer farmers have made a mockery of spvp ranks. The players who genuinely earned their ranks through soloq and teamq, should be greatly rewarded for their time and effort.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Kuruptz.4782

Hey Guys,

John

Skyhammer farmers have made a mockery of spvp ranks. The players who genuinely earned their ranks through soloq and teamq, should be greatly rewarded for their time and effort.

HAH

yet ive only seen them awarding exploiters ( birthday booster got like 9m glory in 1day → i converted 200k glory to like 80g or so cant remember ) and skyhammer farmers who ranked awaaay up to 60 in weeks

And the people who didnt exploit and everything? well open all your tpvp chests → salvage → get more magic find %

yaay

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

I’m not crying right now! Stop looking at me! I’m not crying!

* Snifff *

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I don’t know why it would be that hard? We all have the info on our pvp screen. How many tournaments won, etc.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Kuruptz.4782

well since some ppl havent exactly farmed the way they want to or exploited something right? how can they award that?

must learn to exploit correctly and farm the way they want to

in PvP

Kirmora.4976

I don’t know why it would be that hard? We all have the info on our pvp screen. How many tournaments won, etc.

i dont think it is. And i also dont think it would be hard to implement. I think its if they have the political will to do the right thing..sometimes its easier just to put it under the carpet and hope no one complains….we need to keep this thread alive

Killswiittch -Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

If they do not punish skyhammer farmers and greatly reward the players who leveled genuinely. It only sends the message to players that you might as well exploit when you have a chance because Anet won’t punish you and the people doing it the hard way won’t get any type of reward for doing things right.

Really its the wrong message to your community Anet. Looking at back at pvp ranks, I do not know what you guys were thinking with the rank system. The grind to level 80 is almost unreachable, the rewards were non existent. Yet you had a dedicated bunch who played spvp anyway, who played honestly and at the end skyhammer farmers got more than them.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Dojo.1867

Saw this on Reddit. Reposting my answer there:

I don’t know, I wanted to play tournaments but no people, long waits and kittenty matchmaking made me stay away from them, and I usually joined hotjoin rooms where good people usually gathered.

I don’t care about they adding retroactive points, but they should for everyone, not just tournament players. What about Skyhammer farmers? Find a way to detect them and don’t give them anything, if possible.

What if they resetted ranks and gave new points depending on wins or something? That would be pretty fair, wouldn’kitten Of course it would go together with a nerf to needed points or with a buff so no legit players get worse ranks.

There must be a formula somewhere to compensate legit players, tournaments or not, and give nothing to the Skyhammer farmers.

And I answered you on reddit.

Hotjoin always gave a lot more rank points/glory just due to the amount of players involved and the high amount of kills/deaths in a single match – no matter if these people were actually farming or just playing normally. So basically you did everything right for maxing the available rewards by playing hotjoin. This thread is about actually compensating the turney players atleast to the level of normal hotjoin rewards. Giving them as much as the glory farmers “earned” through their abusive actions will propably never happen nore would it be a good thing to happen.

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

If this happens…my top 3k tourney wins will be rewarding…

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Kuruptz.4782

If this happens…my top 3k tourney wins will be rewarding…

IF they even decide to compensate i dont think it will be anything big

in PvP

Michael.7382

Lol? anything big? Just count solo wins, team wins and reward with appropirate ammount of rank. It depends only of player if its big or not, if u won much it is, if u casualy, its not.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

Posted by: Mac Maritimus.8327

Mac Maritimus.8327

Lol? anything big? Just count solo wins, team wins and reward with appropirate ammount of rank. It depends only of player if its big or not, if u won much it is, if u casualy, its not.

Agreed.

I really hope they listen to us this time. Give tournament players what they deserve.

Mac
Polar Bears [Paw]
http://polarbears-guild.com

in PvP

Posted by: Kenny.3476

Kenny.3476

give us gold glory and ranks for past matches

in PvP

savov.3712

Hey mates, I haven’t abandon the thread or the idea!
I’m still trying to gently point out to the devs ingame, that this thread have enormous support.

Unfortunate, my last post in here (before Johns response) got me banned for too much negative feedback. I wasn’t able to keep in touch here, but now I’m back and hopefully we will be able to make them see what’s fair by Friday (when the next episode of Ready Up).

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

I agree on this, because I wanna be a Moltres.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Michael.7382

Keep it up savov, try to have a chat about it.
So friday next pvp live?

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

Kirmora.4976

our cause is just, and the comments we all make are constructive. we worked hard for our wins ( competing and playing fair). we deserve some gratitude for keeping the spvp scene alive and also pointing out the debacle that was the ‘skyhammer incident’. please do the right thing and give something back to the players.

Killswiittch -Thief

in PvP

Michael.7382

Oh just do same reward like in GW1 and everyone will be happy with it…

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Responding to this thread with thinly veiled ‘bump’ posts is not doing your cause any good. We don’t make decisions based on how often someone bumps a thread.

We’ve responded with our current take on the matter – if something changes, we’ll let you know.

In the meantime, feel free to provide constructive and thoughtful comments.

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Responding to this thread with thinly veiled ‘bump’ posts is not doing your cause any good. We don’t make decisions based on how often someone bumps a thread.

We’ve responded with our current take on the matter – if something changes, we’ll let you know.

Lies grouch, next you’ll be telling us that facebook likes don’t cure diseases.

in PvP

Dojo.1867

Can you please try to list some points that actually speak AGAINST retrospectively rewarding rank points? I mean all people are asking for is getting atleast close to the normal (non farming) hotjoin level for the many ours the spent in turneys or waiting for the queue.