Listening to nobody actually (title change)

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

People put too much emphasis on “TOP PLAYERS”, this is in no way directed at the OP.

A lot of former or disgruntle spvper love the phrase “all the top players are gone” whenever they want to make another argument why the game is dying, which ironically has been dying or is dead since last winter, in any case the you can only be a top player if you are still in the game.

Over time good players are going to quit and move on and other top players are going to move in and claim that spot, it happens in sports and it will happen here.

The point being “top players” that quit has no real meaning in the grand scheme of things. The top player is simply someone who is currently better than most players and if you left the game you are not in the running and thus not a top player. Obviously, they are a few people that love to hold onto the “top player” like they are some kind of god or something.

but seriously Arenanet try to figure out what you want from the game and really revalute where the classes stand especially the elementalist. I see no reason why the squishy class has low hP, defense and damage when you compare it to the highest hp, defense class, i mean that don’t make sense. Admitt defeat and fix that stupid conjures, there is no reason why a skill should completely undermine the class mechanic.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

why i get no love? i was fighting for all the players and was the one who got bashed. i didnt see any +1

:)

I give you a +1 hooma because I agree with everything you have said fwiw. This thread is not constructive or useful at all – it’s just “devs should listen to the people that meet my definition of the top 10% and nobody else” which is, as you have clearly articulated, a bad argument. Glad to see posts from Allie that show they listen and evaluate all suggestions. Even though there are clearly a lot of bad ones, they can get still get people thinking out of the box which is never a bad thing.

thx

in PvP

Posted by: Surreal.5243

Surreal.5243

Sensotix unfortunately you won’t be the first to realize that they don’t listen to players who spent most time in “competetive” tpvp and actually care and know what this game needs.

They don’t understand that you need to have a competetive scene with top players and streamers and sponsors and all that stuff for casuals to look up to and give them the possibilty to become better by learning from them.

It’s hard for the casuals and beginners to get into the game since there is nobody to teach them how to play properly…. instead they go into HJ’s and the first thing they see/learn is how to do it the wrong way (zerging/multiple players capping points… and the list goes on)

That’s one big point why this games tPvP is dying. Look at the top100 and then tell me how many of them are active players? Furthermore tell me how many of them weren’t allready playing since the beginning? You see what i mean…

The result is theres no incentive wether for competetive players due to poor development and lack of basics a pvp game needs as well as for casuals.

Read it Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

I don´t believe that something like the OP suggested will work. Besides balancing pvp has one major problem and that is population. So you have to attract more people into pvp and i honestly do not believe that changes that would be so complicated that only 10% of the spvp players understand are helpful in that way. Some time before release they said that pvp should be easy to learn and hard to master, maybe they should start trying this. Pvp must remain accessible, a game mode only for the upper 10% is meaningless and boring.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Dunno, i read now the news about the new WWW Map (The Edge of the Mists) and i really like anet wants to invite some guilds (there is a survey for this) and test the map before to release it live.

So why Anet can’t do the same stuff with new game modes/balance patch for spvp?

I think would be a great way to avoid a lot of mistakes.

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

I may have been misunderstood with my first post, the devs don’t listen to any players really, not just the top players. Having the game balanced at only a ‘top’ level is stupid, there needs to be balance throughout the different skill levels. I remember there was a kitten on the first state of the game who claimed that only top players should have a hand in balancing the game, that’s stupid. Realistically it feels like arenanet just makes their own changes without feedback really from anybody.

And for what it’s worth, the reason people didn’t see warriors at the pax qualification event is because teams had already decided on their team comps, there was no time to really divulge into changing your team composition to having a warrior in. It doesn’t take a genius to recognize passive regen + berserker stance/stability/cc is going to be strong.

Symbolic

(edited by Oblivion.8307)

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

The patch has been out for 2 days. There were so many changes that we really need to let things settle and let people find their way. Big balance changes like this shake things up a lot, and nobody can know how the community will adapt to the change until they adapt to the change, which usually takes longer than a couple days.

Maybe this is a bad place to post a suggestion, as I am not an experienced tournament player. ^^

I think it would be rather awesome if the top teams could test balance changes. A custom arena maybe, where those teams could play matches against one another, before the changes went live.

That way, feedback from experienced players could be handed directly to the developers. Balance would be tested by experienced players, and the rest of us would still have the option to voice our opinions afterwards to cower anything not discovered through testing.

I am sure I am not the first to think of this

i agree 100% !

If you reference my first post, you will see that I have a bit in there:

“All of this doesn’t matter though, if the 4%-10% spends little to no time giving us feedback for one reason or another (inactive, don’t care, think we don’t listen even if that’s wrong, etc.).”

Most of the 10% has direct access to the developers already. Some take advantage of it, most do not. We can’t control whether or not they give us feedback, but we definitely give them ample opportunity to do so.

in PvP

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

Hey Allie. I am a visitor to the PvP forums and PvP gameplay so that would put me in the 90%

I’m sorry if it has already been asked but has there been any discussion/any plan to create a public test server that is solely used to look at PvP balance changes?

Several assumptions are that
(1) we know that GW2 has some of the quickest updates and that there will still be a push to get the living story updates out
(2) balance changes take a good time of actual gameplay to be able to fully evaluate them
(3) when balance changes that are perfectly reasonable on paper do not work in practice, the game as a whole can suffer

One idea would be to have a public test server with only PvP available on it as a way to test out proposed balance changes. This would mean that balance patches would roll out to all servers and tournament play less frequently but that there would be a period of time for both the 90% and 10% to give feedback to the devs prior to those patches. It would also give both the devs and players the chance to see how ideas on paper actually play out in practice

I understand that time/money for a server/ 100000 things I have not thought of migh prevent this from happening but it is a consideration

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Darkdanjal.3401

Darkdanjal.3401

The patch has been out for 2 days. There were so many changes that we really need to let things settle and let people find their way. Big balance changes like this shake things up a lot, and nobody can know how the community will adapt to the change until they adapt to the change, which usually takes longer than a couple days.

Maybe this is a bad place to post a suggestion, as I am not an experienced tournament player. ^^

I think it would be rather awesome if the top teams could test balance changes. A custom arena maybe, where those teams could play matches against one another, before the changes went live.

That way, feedback from experienced players could be handed directly to the developers. Balance would be tested by experienced players, and the rest of us would still have the option to voice our opinions afterwards to cower anything not discovered through testing.

i agree 100% !

“All of this doesn’t matter though, if the 4%-10% spends little to no time giving us feedback for one reason or another (inactive, don’t care, think we don’t listen even if that’s wrong, etc.).”

Most of the 10% has direct access to the developers already. Some take advantage of it, most do not. We can’t control whether or not they give us feedback, but we definitely give them ample opportunity to do so.

you are listening but to the wrong players and its no surprise little to no top players arent you giving you feedback, you are just mindlessly making changes without even making an effort to talking to long term players before and after a patch.

And btw you can control if they are giving feedback by making an effort, by inviting them to Skype talks about balancing, you devs are making more and more excuses on how making time to make changes and Im sick of it tbh, talk to you players, COMMUNICATE, you arent doing that, YOU ARE THE DEVS we are not, you are the makers but for some reason you still think you are the masters of you own game in PVP, you arent playing countless of solo games or team games you are just observing, you need to TALK to your players and not just on the forums

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

you are listening but to the wrong players and its no surprise little to no top players arent you giving you feedback, you are just mindlessly making changes without even making an effort to talking to long term players before and after a patch.

And btw you can control if they are giving feedback by making an effort, by inviting them to Skype talks about balancing, you devs are making more and more excuses on how making time to make changes and Im sick of it tbh, talk to you players, COMMUNICATE, you arent doing that, YOU ARE THE DEVS we are not, you are the makers but for some reason you still think you are the masters of you own game in PVP, you arent playing countless of solo games or team games you are just observing, you need to TALK to your players and not just on the forums

If you want to have a discussion with the devs, starting off by insulting us is not the best route. This is just silly, I’m not going to continue talking about how we’re not talking to you.

We invite them to Ventrilo chats every week, btw.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

I’m sorry if it has already been asked but has there been any discussion/any plan to create a public test server that is solely used to look at PvP balance changes?

A PTR is something that the PvP and WvW teams (especially) would definitely greatly benefit from. It is something that we have had many discussions about. The reality is that creating a PTR (code-wise) is an incredibly difficult task for our game. That’s not to say we have dismissed the idea, though.

Thanks for the feedback!

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Based on those responses, Allie, it looks like this 10% are too wrapped up in their emotions to think objectively and actually talk to you guys.

That’s pretty funny / sad / surprising actually…

in PvP

Darkdanjal.3401

Im not insulting you, Im sick of this going back and forward on the forums, helseth wouldnt rant on the forums if you talked to him, I cannot believe you talked to sensotix, ashzene top guardian isnt even playing PvP…why is that???? there most be a reason right? you are saying they arent giving you feedback…they dont because each and every time you make a patch you think the meta needs to adjust, im not a top player but even I see whats happening, talk to them before and after a patch instead of taking so much time…

another thing you are saying some thing cant be implemented because of the pillars of your game, then say what is possible and what is not…

in PvP

Darkdanjal.3401

A PTR is something that the PvP and WvW teams (especially) would definitely greatly benefit from. It is something that we have had many discussions about. The reality is that creating a PTR (code-wise) is an incredibly difficult task for our game. That’s not to say we have dismissed the idea, though.

Thanks for the feedback!

why cant you just take time to duel against the top players and see what is wrong, take time to listen to them on a custom arena, duel them and see what is wrong, they will probably teach you more then you understand of your own game, they are the ones that are playing your game 24/7 and trying out every single build or team combo, you devs dont do that because you dont have the time

in PvP

hooma.9642

Im not insulting you, Im sick of this going back and forward on the forums, helseth wouldnt rant on the forums if you talked to him, I cannot believe you talked to sensotix, ashzene top guardian isnt even playing PvP…why is that???? there most be a reason right? you are saying they arent giving you feedback…they dont because each and every time you make a patch you think the meta needs to adjust, im not a top player but even I see whats happening, talk to them before and after a patch instead of taking so much time…

another thing you are saying some thing cant be implemented because of the pillars of your game, then say what is possible and what is not…

u are insulting.. esp with reading what others said. allie said they invite the top player to ventrilo chats every week and some top player talk to devs. the most not.

maybe thinked about that helseth is a rude person? if u cant be friendly the message doesnt care.

i think if the top players would more chat with the devs and stop publishing attention seeking rants it would help the game.. but if allie says they dont respond and take the invite.. what should the devs do more?

in PvP

Darkdanjal.3401

u are insulting.. esp with reading what others said. allie said they invite the top player to ventrilo chats every week and some top player talk to devs. the most not.

maybe thinked about that helseth is a rude person? if u cant be friendly the message doesnt care.

i think if the top players would more chat with the devs and stop publishing attention seeking rants it would help the game.. but if allie says they dont respond and take the invite.. what should the devs do more?

I admit helseth is ranting a lot but he is right about a lot of things, if he is saying something I dont take it for granted in an instant, I test it out myself and you know what he is right every single time…..

this topic that sensostix is making is right on the spot but so many people are arguing for no reason at all, sensotix is a really good mesmer, not only that he knows every single class way better then anyone I believe, what he is doing on his channel is exacly what the devs should be doing, instead of sensotix interviewing top players, it should be the devs interviewing them and on a regular basis

And IF that is happening they should post it on the forum…that would be a constructive feedback for a change

(edited by Darkdanjal.3401)

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

i agree 100% !

I did that tho
I provided you guys with so much feedback everytime a new patch hit ..i made discussion threads with summaries i made lists of things that people want to have in this game…it’s not like i didn’t try but all these posts were forgotten after some days

This is my last try..i already talked to helseth phantaram denshee and gruntled and more will follow…during the next week i will collect thoughts infos and everything that people who play this game or stopped playing this game have to tell me and then i will do a summary video

in PvP

hooma.9642

they invite them to chat.. i see no need to publish that. if top players really care about the game why they dont take the invite?

in PvP

Darkdanjal.3401

they invite them to chat.. i see no need to publish that. if top players really care about the game why they dont take the invite?

because like sensotix is saying, he gave feedback, he does so much effort but it doesnt matter

top players are tired of it and that is understandable its been a year you know ….

in PvP

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

I am sorry if this is common knowledge, I was certainly not aware that direct access exist between top players and the developers. I am glad that it does.

in PvP

jmatb.6307

Yeah I almost don’t want to know that about the devs offering direct line of discussion and these “top players” refusing to.

That’s just stupid on their part to not participate in the most effective way to actually talk about that stuff… especially when, at least on the NA side, you see guilds calling out devs by name and people talking kitten all day

in PvP

hooma.9642

because like sensotix is saying, he gave feedback, he does so much effort but it doesnt matter

no he didnt.. i was going through his posts and see none. the source nr 1 for suggestions should always be the forum and not only youtube or twitch.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

I am sorry if this is common knowledge, I was certainly not aware that direct access exist between top players and the developers. I am glad that it does.

I wouldn’t exactly say it’s common knowledge, since you weren’t the only one who didn’t know. I believe Jonathan Sharp mentioned it at one point during a Guild Wars 2 Guru State of the Game discussion. I can’t remember which episode it was from, but they have uploaded all of the SotG videos, so you could watch them if you want!

in PvP

Reesha.7901

no he didnt.. i was going through his posts and see none. the source nr 1 for suggestions should always be the forum and not only youtube or twitch.

All of those suggestions and Ventrilo talks are not necessarily posted on the forums though.
I dunno. I think many of the known players have been active on the forum at least. I know I have seen both Xeph and Phantaram post and Helseth (who does not have access to the forum), even had followers to post his rants and suggestions.

I am not a top player nor am I a developer, but I don’t think there has been a lack of suggestions.

• Lower the damage
  • Play smart (less spam)
  • Risk vs. reward
  • Obvious animations and less instant casts to give options for counter play.

Those I can remember from the top of my head, and I am certain there are many more.

(edited by Reesha.7901)

in PvP

Reesha.7901

I wouldn’t exactly say it’s common knowledge, since you weren’t the only one who didn’t know. I believe Jonathan Sharp mentioned it at one point during a Guild Wars 2 Guru State of the Game discussion. I can’t remember which episode it was from, but they have uploaded all of the SotG videos, so you could watch them if you want!

I do watch the state of the game videos, but this one must have somehow slipped by me.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Just to clarify: I’m not saying all top players don’t bother to talk to us. Most of them come and go, but haven’t shown up consistently for quite some time.

I’m also not blaming them for this either. They have lives, they have their frustrations with the state of the game, etc. Some of them continue to show up, and that is great.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

All of those suggestions and Ventrilo talks are not necessarily posted on the forums though.
I dunno. I think many of the knows players have been active on the forum at least. I know I have seen both Xeph and Phantaram post and Helseth (who does not have access to the forum), even had followers to post his rants and suggestions.

I am not a top player nor am I a developer, but I don’t think there has been a lack of suggestions.

• Lower the damage
  • Play smart (less spam)
  • Risk vs. reward

Those I can remember from the top of my head, and I am certain there are many more.

Yes, at times some of these players have made posts, and we acknowledge those posts or follow them very closely every time.

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

To Allie,

Personally, it takes me 5 mins to get a general view on what the top players would like to see changed in the game. There are streams on Twitch. On stream in particular where top players play while John and Karl are actively involved in the chat, there are youtube videos where top players specifically discuss bullet points on what they would like to see changed. There are posts by many top players (at least the ones anet hasn’t banned from the forums). And, for the most part, they voice a general consensus about what should be changed when they make these types of discussion. Again, it literally takes me about 5 mins to get a general viewpoint on what the top players like to see changed – 5 mins.

Instead of anet listening to people who have a deep connection to the game they play, you guys seem to listen, instead, to the players who whine about how their main class is bad at pvp (or is too hard to play in pvp) and so they need to be buffed. In other words, exactly the opposite of what you said in your initial post. So we get a game that seems, at least to me, sponsored by Kraft where the top builds are the cheesiest in the game.

You say that there have been major changes, but if you guys were actually listening, the major consensus is that there was NO major changes to the meta outside of immob stacking. The same cheese builds are still significantly viable. The only major changes are cosmetic ones involving trait selection – thats it.

To the rest of the forum go-ers,

You are free to voice your own opinion, but when it comes to balance, I’d rather listen to an expert over some random joe-blow. To put it bluntly, with regards to a heart transplant, I’m going to listen to an expert on the subject and not a random cousin of mine.

in PvP

hooma.9642

Just to clarify: I’m not saying all top players don’t bother to talk to us. Most of them come and go, but haven’t shown up consistently for quite some time.

I’m also not blaming them for this either. They have lives, they have their frustrations with the state of the game, etc. Some of them continue to show up, and that is great.

any plans to introduce some lower tier players to your list? i think it would give another perspective and there are sure some smarter lower tier players out there.

in PvP

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Well, you know the DEVs don’t listen to regular players like you or me when they go weekly on their fancy voice chats (which, like… 1% of the players use?) or when they actually post ‘the DEVs want the same thing as players’ (which translate to: why listen to you, we already know what you want, you want the same as we do).

That seems to be their source of information: hardcore players such as voice chat users and themselves

And then they are surprised that so few people PvP…

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Who are these “top level” players?

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Instead of anet listening to people who have a deep connection to the game they play, you guys seem to listen, instead, to the players who whine about how their main class is bad at pvp (or is too hard to play in pvp) and so they need to be buffed. In other words, exactly the opposite of what you said in your initial post. So we get a game that seems, at least to me, sponsored by Kraft where the top builds are the cheesiest in the game.

You say that there have been major changes, but if you guys were actually listening, the major consensus is that there was NO major changes to the meta outside of immob stacking. The same cheese builds are still significantly viable. The only major changes are cosmetic ones involving trait selection – thats it.

Couple things: first, we do listen to top players, and many of the things we’ve implemented are things they have asked for as well.

Second: you say that the major consensus is that there were no major changes. Yet, in this same thread, you criticize us for listening too much to the 90%. This is very confusing messaging. You’re telling us that we should listen to a select few for balance, but then listen to the majority when they say there was no balance.

I also want to point out that a cosmetic change that brings major awareness to what traits actually do can help players to better understand those traits and therefore create new builds in a more informed manner. Sometimes a change looks one way on the surface, but deep down is more elaborate.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

I dunno. I think many of the knows players have been active on the forum at least. I know I have seen both Xeph and Phantaram post and Helseth (who does not have access to the forum), even had followers to post his rants and suggestions.

• Lower the damage
  • Play smart (less spam)
  • Risk vs. reward

Yes, at times some of these players have made posts, and we acknowledge those posts or follow them very closely every time.

So you guys follow the suggestions closely. What comes of those suggestions? People have been asking for changes for the last 4 months. We were told that the major balance pass was to come after PAX. The “major” balance patch had tool tip descriptions, a change to stun rounding (killed S/P thieves and did nothing to warriors), and minor changes to sets that need major tuning.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Couple things: first, we do listen to top players, and many of the things we’ve implemented are things they have asked for as well.

Second: you say that the major consensus is that there were no major changes. Yet, in this same thread, you criticize us for listening too much to the 90%. This is very confusing messaging. You’re telling us that we should listen to a select few for balance, but then listen to the majority when they say there was no balance.

I also want to point out that a cosmetic change that brings major awareness to what traits actually do can help players to better understand those traits and therefore create new builds in a more informed manner. Sometimes a change looks one way on the surface, but deep down is more elaborate.

That last statement is complete hogwash. People who were testing builds to the level you are stating, already knew what the traits did. I have yet to have an epiphany as it relates to the trait descriptions. The abilities did exactly what they did prior. I know this, because I like many others tested the abilities.

For what it’s worth, ever who suggested and implemented ALL of the changes to necros should not be heard from again. Burning on top of torment on top of changes to death shroud life force depletion on top of life force generation…Yeah, don’t listen to them ever again.

(edited by Pyriall.5027)

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

To Allie,

Again, you are not listening. I get it though, you specifically getting blasted by many people right now and it sucks to be a punching bag.

By “most” I mean to include everyone – the 10% and the 90%. There is a general consensus, from top players and general players, that this patch has not issued any major changes to the meta. So I feel, if the general consensus of anet is that there are major changes, that you guys are egregiously not listening.

With regards to trait clarification – I’m glad you guys finally put this into the game. Before this, the game felt like it was still in beta – which is really a facepalm since the game is a year old.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

I feel like the devs are really listening to what people on the forums say but the big problem with this is that there are 90% or people that know little or nothing about pvp, 6 % people that have a decent knowledge and then 4% that are top tier pvp players

The problem i want to adress is that most of the time you see suggestions from the 90% and the other 10% can’t really say something against it since the mass of players kinda rules how the game developes..
To my mind it would be important to listen to the 4% (or the 10%) because then we might see good changes that 90% of the people wont understand at first but those changes would be much better for the game than the changes the 90% suggest…

I really liked some of the changes in the last patches but we are still missing a lot of things that can be implemented really easily because they are not that big

I play with a lot of the 10 % players and then we end up talking about the game between the matches and i hear so many great ideas …

Cheers
Sensotix

who tells u that u are among the 10% with good suggestions? honestly leave that attitude outside the forums and stay with your friends believing your are god among mortals.

lol sens is a VERY good player; why do people always doubt good players on this forum? I think ANET gave the casuals the feeling that everyone is equal in SPVP.

I would call sens in the elite of this game, I don’t know what to call you because nobody has heard of you. You might be really good! Who knows.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

hooma.9642

I feel like the devs are really listening to what people on the forums say but the big problem with this is that there are 90% or people that know little or nothing about pvp, 6 % people that have a decent knowledge and then 4% that are top tier pvp players

The problem i want to adress is that most of the time you see suggestions from the 90% and the other 10% can’t really say something against it since the mass of players kinda rules how the game developes..
To my mind it would be important to listen to the 4% (or the 10%) because then we might see good changes that 90% of the people wont understand at first but those changes would be much better for the game than the changes the 90% suggest…

I really liked some of the changes in the last patches but we are still missing a lot of things that can be implemented really easily because they are not that big

I play with a lot of the 10 % players and then we end up talking about the game between the matches and i hear so many great ideas …

Cheers
Sensotix

who tells u that u are among the 10% with good suggestions? honestly leave that attitude outside the forums and stay with your friends believing your are god among mortals.

lol sens is a VERY good player; why do people always doubt good players on this forum? I think ANET gave the casuals the feeling that everyone is equal in SPVP.

I would call sens in the elite of this game, I don’t know what to call you because nobody has heard of you. You might be really good! Who knows.

so u accept that maybe better players are there without even noticing it? so how then he can say he is at the best 10%. for that u need to know every player and the skill. that is not possible so the argumentation is total wrong.

in PvP

jmatb.6307

This is a pattern you’ll notice with these guys – until they “know you” or you’re on the list of players they routinely criticize as a “terrible leaderboard” your opinions don’t matter as much as theirs.

It’s funny but there you go

in PvP

hooma.9642

This is a pattern you’ll notice with these guys – until they “know you” or you’re on the list of players they routinely criticize as a “terrible leaderboard” your opinions don’t matter as much as theirs.

It’s funny but there you go

as long as that players dont use absolute numbers to prove something im okay with that.

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

can we actually talk right now? i want to clarify stuff as well because i really dont mean to offend anybody i am just trying to help do you have a ts server?

in PvP

hooma.9642

can we actually talk right now? i want to clarify stuff as well because i really dont mean to offend anybody i am just trying to help do you have a ts server?

but u did and refuse to accept that fact.

in PvP

Reesha.7901

but u did and refuse to accept that fact.

Sensotix might not end up as a politician no ^^ But at least he is still here. He did not quit like many of the others did.

I said it previously and I can say it again: He could have chosen his words better!

That just doesn’t change the fact, that he most likely has an insight to the game that I don’t have, so the last thing I want, is for him to go quiet.

That is my opinion and my opinion only of course. I do believe the more experienced players see the bigger picture better than I do.

in PvP

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

All the meta builds take that into account I have tested numerous things in terms of traits before hand for the meta builds before hand. So meta builds are not going to change based on that since people knew before hand, but it was a good addition. In terms of changes that toke place, they were more of a boost in general to the current meta so basically everything that was strong got stronger. Best thing and most likely the easiest fix to deliver would be to compare the burst meta (before Jully) and see what was wrong there using top tier players and go from there. There was way more awareness and greater amounts of skill required back than.
If you guys want this game to be any bit close to competitive it needs to revolve around burst.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

(edited by apt.9184)

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

i am really sorry for my choice of words but my english is not good enough to put it in exact the words i intented to^^
also allie texted me for all you guys who want to know and i am really glad about that..thanks for it

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Honestly, the premise behind this topic is pretty offensive and ignorant. It’s fine to not like the direction of balance taken, but to say that 90% of the player base should be ignored is pretentious and also downright wrong. It’s perfectly reasonable to aim for good game balance at ALL skill levels, not just top tier. If there are specs that are oppressively strong at a low skill level (a noob can easily pick it up and crush other noobs with it), then that should be noted and addressed by the devs simply because that spec will discourage new pvpers from learning the game. A perfect example is the old 100b spec before the quickness nerf. That build was a huge problem for new players and extremely easy to play, so it was turning off lots of people from pvp, even though it wasn’t considered great in top tier play.

Everyone should give their own feedback, and then the devs can decide which suggestions are good and which are bad, keeping in mind all skill levels, not just balance at the top 1% (which is still important and has its own requirements). Also, the whole thing is kinda silly in that the gist of the thread is, “Yo devs, you need to listen more to skilled guys like me! Not going to make any suggestions here, though, but I will at some point in the future in a video. But when I do, listen! Other guys listen to me all the time, like <name bomb> because I’m really really good, I promise! Did I mention I’m good? No suggestions though.”

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

Honestly, the premise behind this topic is pretty offensive and ignorant. It’s fine to not like the direction of balance taken, but to say that 90% of the player base should be ignored is pretentious and also downright wrong. It’s perfectly reasonable to aim for good game balance at ALL skill levels, not just top tier. If there are specs that are oppressively strong at a low skill level (a noob can easily pick it up and crush other noobs with it), then that should be noted and addressed by the devs simply because that spec will discourage new pvpers from learning the game. A perfect example is the old 100b spec before the quickness nerf. That build was a huge problem for new players and extremely easy to play, so it was turning off lots of people from pvp, even though it wasn’t considered great in top tier play.

Everyone should give their own feedback, and then the devs can decide which suggestions are good and which are bad, keeping in mind all skill levels, not just balance at the top 1% (which is still important and has its own requirements). Also, the whole thing is kinda silly in that the gist of the thread is, “Yo devs, you need to listen more to skilled guys like me! Not going to make any suggestions here, though, but I will at some point in the future in a video. But when I do, listen! Other guys listen to me all the time, like <name bomb> because I’m really really good, I promise! Did I mention I’m good? No suggestions though.”

i love you ken, you make the best posts.

Symbolic

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

100% this. The sad part is that it worked…rofl.

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

I tried it in many different ways i really did and now it worked i am sorry that it is like this

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

don’t expect to change the game with your new found power.

Symbolic