New SPvP Daily Achivements

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I never realized how much people care about achievement point rankings…

Well this game havent anything else what you can care of. Its sad but for many ppl (inluding me) is daily pretty much last thing what keep us playing.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in PvP

Posted by: Yamiga.7863

Yamiga.7863

Its not about a ranking but about a playstyle. We’re completionists, we complete acheivements just for the sake of having them completed. The new PvP dailies won’t have any real effect on the leaderboard anyways, what we care about is our playstyle being destroyed by the incredible amount of time and grind needed to complete all those dailies

in PvP

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Its not about a ranking but about a playstyle. We’re completionists, we complete acheivements just for the sake of having them completed. The new PvP dailies won’t have any real effect on the leaderboard anyways, what we care about is our playstyle being destroyed by the incredible amount of time and grind needed to complete all those dailies

Plus most of those completionists do actually have a job and thus only have 2-5 hours per day.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in PvP

Posted by: JackyCorus.6915

JackyCorus.6915

If u Dont do spvp that often, u will have issues. If u make tournaments more often, The Daily will Take u an hour or two. This achievement is for pvp Players who have a pvp score. Not for pve-Farmers
Pve Farmers will always get Bad groups cause they’re unranked. So Play More pvp or stop complaining
This is so funny^^ The First Time After One and a half years, there is a achievement pvpers get easier then pve-Farmers. What Happens? Pve-Farmer cry

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Pve Farmers will always get Bad groups cause they’re unranked. So Play More pvp or stop complaining

I am fairly certain I played more PvP in this game than most of “PvP only” active players. Pretty much since day 1 almost every day. Except my carrot was some of the AP (permanent and daily). But to reach that carrot I also tried to perfect myself in PvP as much as possible. If I commit myself to a match I want to win it at all costs and not just farm. From experience I am 100% certain that I always was far more serious about effort in PvP than a vast majority of gamers. I may not be the most skilled pro player around but I play as best as my personal skill allows me to. By saying that I am just a stupid PvE farmer you are insulting me and any other completionist player out there who give their full effort while in a PvP environment. Play more PvP? Asking me to play 4-6h of tPvP only every single day is a straw that breaks a camels back. I will be leaving GW2 most likely. Becouse I have a job, a family, a workout plan (I want to complete a marathon within 4h and I am training for this purpose almost every day, look at it as a sort of achievement to unlock – this is what we completionist players/people do) and some remnants of sane mind which tells me that new sPvP achievements are way out of line.

(edited by Awe.1096)

in PvP

Yamiga.7863

If u Dont so spvp that often, u will have issues. If u make tournaments more often, The Daily will Take u an our or two. This achievement is for pvp Players who have a pvp score. Not for pve-Farmers

I actually play tPvP every day, even though I could have gotten my PvP dailies faster in hotjoin (until today), just because I like it. I am ranked in both solo (773rd) and team arenas (406st), and I have been for quite a long time. I am not a harcore pvper but I am not a “PvE farmer” either.
Does that make it easy to complete those dailies? No, they still take at least 2 hours, and its only if you don’t lose a single game. Probably more something like 3-4 hours. Being ranked means you play against better opponents, it does not means you get easier/faster matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Some ppl here (especialy those one what call self ’’hardcore’’ PvPers) are totaly egocentric morons with brain flushed in toilet.
- Its my game my fun its only on me how I enjoy playing. Dont tell me how play my game. I also dont tell you how pathetic you are when you never leave Mists.
- You are not so hardcore as you probably think. GW2 pvp skill is joke. Show me how you played top pvp in gw1 and then we can talk about hardcore and skill.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in PvP

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

But you can still complete your dailies without Solo or Team Arenas. If you want every AP possible, good luck

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

You only need to complete 4 of them. And you can simply use the same 4 you had to complete before. I am utterly confused. Am I missing something here?

Oh really? Sounds good for players that don’t care about AP then.

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

The new achievements do not make any sense to me.
There are mainly 2 positive things the game could get from this:
- Use AP as a carrot to bring more players to tPvP
- Reward sPvP players so they can get reward chests easily for some gold/skins.

The first one is a complete failure. A whole soloQ match (queue time + prematch time + the match itself) can easily last for over 15 minutes. With a proper matchmaking (50% win rate), 5 wins would mean 10 matches played, so easily over 2 hours and half for just a couple of APs.
Only the most hardcore AP hunters could be attracted by such a grindy task, and there are still serious chances on completely kitten ing them off (and making them to eventually stop playing) instead.

The second one has no dangerous conunterparts, but doesn’t look either as a big deal.
Many PvP players won’t play the 3-4 hours required for all the 4 AP on a daily basis, and those who actually do are probably most dedicated to one given format, be it SoloQ or TeamQ, so most of them still won’t get the whole 120 points a month.
I also doubt PvP players will find those reward chests lifechanging :P

Some posters have sugested to make the achievements about games played.
I completely disagree; every reward in tPvP should be mainly about winning matches (
anything else could promote undesirable behaviours among newcomers).

I would just rework them to somehing like this:

Daily: Win 2 tournaments (no format specified) —> 2 AP
Monthly: Win 35 soloQ tournaments —> 30 AP
Monthly: Win 25 teamQ tournaments —> 30 AP
With any tiering/unlock required.

3 tournaments are usually enough to complete every regular PvP daily achievements and, with a bit of luck, they can also be enough for this new 2AP daily.
It’s a longer time for daily achievements, that’s true, but there’s also more AP and better rewards involved. IMHO it could attract players to tournamnet play, and still requires winning, so eventually those players will be on the right mindset or have left.

The monthly ones are a bit redundant. There are there in order to reach the same 120 points a month, and also to encourage people to try TeamQ while being more easily attainable by any player, even PvP ones.
If your roster only plays some given days a week, it doesn’t matter at all. You can fully dedicate to TeamQ whenever is possible, playing soloQ otherwise, and still get the whole reward.

I would also want to talk about the changes on Slayer and Conqueror achievements: They don’t make any sense :P

There’re a lot of easily reachable PvP achievements for a newcomer. New tiers should have been added, if anything, in the upper end, so players could have some short run carrot for playing PvP a bit more.
If bonus APs could be introduced or those new tiers, that would be also a way to reward, AP wise, dedicated PvP players.

in PvP

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

win 2 tournaments get 2 AP? how about win 1 tournament get 1 AP?
You only have to win 20 matches total per monthly so make monthly soloQwins 20 too but an alternative or make monthly soloQwins and monthly teamQwins each 10.

Though monthly soloQ and teamQ wins are very well welcome as you have more than 2-5 hours a day.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

just delete archievement leaderboard – useless anyway

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Is this for real? Just… don’t do them? Or man up and maybe try some tPvP instead of being a hotjoin hero and complaining about equal rights?

Moving on to legitimate complaints please, try not to distract anet.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Kronos.3695

Kronos.3695

Well, this thing is placing random people on PvP, it’s not a good way to let people join this area of the game.

Fix it.

Kronos Ledaloth, Leader of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

YouTube Channel

in PvP

Posted by: exinax.2178

exinax.2178

What the kitten is wrong with you people? You don’t even need any victory to finish your daily! Who the kitten cares about 4 additional achievement points??? Hating on the new daily options is just bullkitten

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

win 2 tournaments get 2 AP? how about win 1 tournament get 1 AP?
You only have to win 20 matches total per monthly so make monthly soloQwins 20 too but an alternative or make monthly soloQwins and monthly teamQwins each 10.

Though monthly soloQ and teamQ wins are very well welcome as you have more than 2-5 hours a day.

I don’t like the idea.
New players jumping into tPvP are welcomed as long as they’re in the right competitive mindset. That’s why tPvP dailies need to be slightly harder than regular (doable in hotjoins) ones, in order to separate the chaff from the wheat.
Your suggestion grants those AP almost for free (you need either a bad day or really awful play to not win one out of 3 matches) just by playing tourneys instead of hotjoins.

in PvP

Writetyper.1985

What the kitten is wrong with you people? You don’t even need any victory to finish your daily! Who the kitten cares about 4 additional achievement points??? Hating on the new daily options is just bullkitten

Apparently they want to compete on the leaderboards, but it’s NOT FAIR that they have to do work to compete on the leaderboards, and it’s NOT FAIR that exclusive PvE heroes can’t get 4 extra AP a day (4 AP! Watch out everyone!) because they can’t win matches.

I think. It’s all greek to me.

really bad engineer

in PvP

Romek.4201

Arenanet should not stop here – make min rank 20 or 30 NOW to join soloQ/TeamQ

and make much more archievements like this for other parts in the game like wvw kill 1000 people 20 dolyaks per day pve 15 dungeons + 5 fractals make another daily to kill all this big dragons per day and maby another to do your over 9000 jumping puzzles …….

gogo do it – make so much dailys as noone ever can do all in 24h but let normal meta daily like it is now^^

so people get rewarded for the game how they like to play this game and dont farm what they hate^^

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

with any luck they’ll review their data and see that noone is doing the daily anymore and revert the change.

edit:
just checked out the achievements for myself, expecting that they’d made team and solo wins a requirement of the daily. (which would suck)
but you can still get your daily done exactly as you used to (i do mine in hotjoin), all they’ve done is added more achievements,
i don’t see the issue!

(edited by Liewec.2896)

in PvP

Romek.4201

haha – a lot do the daily^^

in PvP

Writetyper.1985

with any luck they’ll review their data and see that noone is doing the daily anymore and revert the change.

With any luck you’ll realize that you only have to do 4 of the 8 achievements to get the daily. The original 4 are still there. Nothing is different.

If anything, it’s easier.

Attachments:

really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

And again a useless post above me.

Why can’t people realize that the Achievement people want to do EVERY daily category for the AP you can get, is it that hard?

And people are complaining because they’re not able to without spending alot of time especially now with the Win tpvp kitten….

The daily is broken anyways, it should be like: choose 5 pve dailies, 4 pvp dailies and thats it, no more AP after these if you complete any. This makes it truly choosable for every kind of player.

If people wish to complain the others, add some silver or karma to that.

Reaper – Anguîsh

in PvP

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

Baffled yet intrigued by this thread and what is contained within it.

The only, tiny, miniscule ray of hope for me is that if these PvE players are “forced” (which they are not of course, based on the actual definition of the word) to do more PvP, it might actually help their understanding of the game.

I’m so bored of people running around aimlessly, cleary clueless to how node capture works. NOTE: I have nothing against people new to PvP as we all were once…

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Why can’t people realize that the Achievement people want to do EVERY daily category for the AP you can get, is it that hard?

And people are complaining because they’re not able to without spending alot of time especially now with the Win tpvp kitten….

The daily is broken anyways, it should be like: choose 5 pve dailies, 4 pvp dailies and thats it, no more AP after these if you complete any. This makes it truly choosable for every kind of player.

Your complaints are ridiculous. No one besides yourself is making you do these extra daily achievements. The people who ONLY play sPvP are grateful for the fact that they can stay in Heart of the Mists while playing and still complete their daily, yet here you are selfishly asking ANet to take them away because you don’t want to put in the time to stay on your precious leaderboard.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

With any luck you’ll realize that you only have to do 4 of the 8 achievements to get the daily. The original 4 are still there. Nothing is different.

Read the thread, save yourself time. People that complete all achievements for the leaderboards are different and the REAL problem is the fact they just added 2-3+ more hours onto the current daily, it’s too time consuming. brain power please.

in PvP

Osi.3504

Your complaints are ridiculous. No one besides yourself is making you do these extra daily achievements. The people who ONLY play sPvP are grateful for the fact that they can stay in Heart of the Mists while playing and still complete their daily, yet here you are selfishly asking ANet to take them away because you don’t want to put in the time to stay on your precious leaderboard.

Some of us play all parts of the game, not just one and we want fair balance. Get over it.

in PvP

Flytrap.8075

Read the thread, save yourself time. People that complete all achievements for the leaderboards are different and the REAL problem is the fact they just added 2-3+ more hours onto the current daily, it’s too time consuming. brain power please.

Then don’t do the extra dailies.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Osi.3504

That is aside from the point, again you have your head in the sand. I’ve been doing all my dailies since launch, I’m not going to change unless ANET wants to take a kitten on everyone that completes achievements as they want some to do(leaderboards for a reason duh) by changing it from 3 or less hours to 6 or more which is obviously a flawed and failed 3 hour achievement implementation for 4 points that no lifers will do because they have 12 hours a day to play the game.

I understand not everyone is bright and doesn’t have the logic to comprehend the situation because most people on here are trolls or just don’t care and the reason for the stupid reponses. Move along and post where you can actually post some constructive critism than an arrogant response.

(edited by Osi.3504)

in PvP

Flytrap.8075

That is aside from the point, again you have your head in the sand. I’ve been doing all my dailies since launch, I’m not going to change unless ANET wants to take a kitten on everyone that completes achievements as they want some to do(leaderboards for a reason duh) by changing it from 3 or less hours to 6 or more which is obviously a flawed and failed 3 hour achievement implementation for 4 points that no lifers will do because they have 12 hours a day to play the game.

I understand not everyone is bright and doesn’t have the logic to comprehend the situation because most people on here are trolls or just don’t care and the reason for the stupid reponses. Move along and post where you can actually post some constructive critism than an arrogant response.

You’re going to be so upset when ANet adds in Dailies/Monthlies that are specific to other game-modes.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Osi.3504

You’re going to be so upset when ANet adds in Dailies/Monthlies that are specific to other game-modes.

Not at all, I play all game modes actually and I do well in all. All I’m saying is I want to keep my daily in a reasonable time limit, not to suddenly be changed one day 15 months later after people have dedicated their time to take two or three times as long on a patch. That’s obviously a stupid decision and it’s not just a small population of the game that does achievements everyday. The last time they did this, it was reverted and this is why I’m amazed it happened AGAIN. The lack of common sense is disturbing. There are many many other ways to add achievements for sPvP players that do not take 3 hours.

The entire PvE daily can be done way faster than that and if they DID want “wins” to be added they could have made them 1 solo wins/1 tourny win at the least.

Btw your from [Bags], nuff said.

(edited by Osi.3504)

in PvP

Writetyper.1985

No actually – I don’t understand. Why? For what purpose? You want to do them, but you don’t want to do them? kittening what?

But if you’re not a PvP player and are incapable of winning tPvP, then why? To keep up with people on the leaderboards? I guess you just aren’t hardcore enough if you’re not able to do every daily and are going to get the place on the leaderboards, by the way. There’s a word that describes this behavior perfectly btw: Starts with A, ryhmes with Ballistic.

It is choosable. You only have to do 4 dailies to get the chest.

Never thought I’d see the day where the forums would complain about having MORE things to do, but apparently it’s here.

really bad engineer

in PvP

Flytrap.8075

Not at all, I play all game modes actually and I do well in all. All I’m saying is I want to keep my daily in a reasonable time limit, not to suddenly be changed one day 15 months later after people have dedicated their time to take two or three times as long on a patch. That’s obviously a stupid decision and it’s not just a small population of the game that does achievements everyday. The last time they did this, it was reverted and this is why I’m amazed it happened AGAIN. The lack of common sense is disturbing. There are many many other ways to add achievements for sPvP players that do not take 3 hours.

The entire PvE daily can be done way faster than that and if they DID want “wins” to be added they could have made them 1 solo wins/1 tourny win at the least.

You’re*

I’m also glad that my guild’s reputation precedes me; obviously we’re doing something right.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Osi.3504

No actually – I don’t understand. Why? For what purpose? You want to do them, but you don’t want to do them? kittening what?

But if you’re not a PvP player and are incapable of winning tPvP, then why? To keep up with people on the leaderboards? I guess you just aren’t hardcore enough if you’re not able to do every daily and are going to get the place on the leaderboards, by the way. There’s a word that describes this behavior perfectly btw: Starts with A, ryhmes with Ballistic.

It is choosable. You only have to do 4 dailies to get the chest.

Never thought I’d see the day where the forums would complain about having MORE things to do, but apparently it’s here.

How about you get a clue. 99.9% of the people who are annoyed at this update are annoyed at the RNG factor + the 3 additonal hours of dailies added to the old ones which should raise a huge flag. Not because they —“can’t”-- win a PvP match. Last time I checked this game was “casual” in pretty much every aspect imaginable compared to other MMO’s and no lifing shouldn’t be required 15 months later suddently out of no where screw people over.

It’s also a playstyle as this game has many, while yours may be playing 1 hour a week and just spending time doing a few PvP matches, others just want their laurel, want to collect all the skins(why they are making a wardrobe eventually), obtain all the legendary weapons, some people just like to play the market and others want to work on achievement leaderboards. Nothing wrong with it.

With your logic anyone that wants to hold a top pvp rank must have issues too eh? Na, it’s a playstyle, a challenge, and making the daily 2x long isn’t a challenge, it’s just stupid. Doing all the dailies before this update was a challenege as it was, not everyone does it.

in PvP

Osi.3504

You’re*

I’m also glad that my guild’s reputation precedes me; obviously we’re doing something right.

Well I farm YOUR guild in WvW all the time when YER not all grouped up, I just hear in WvW chat how you troll YER own server all the time. I guess that’s something to be proud of and as I said “nuff said”.

in PvP

Romek.4201

to farm people in wvw is something to can be proud off? lol seriously – move on

in PvP

Flytrap.8075

You’re*

Well I farm YOUR guild in WvW all the time when YER not all grouped up, I just hear in WvW chat how you troll YER own server all the time. I guess that’s something to be proud of and as I said “nuff said”.

May I ask what prestigious guild you call home?

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Osi.3504

to farm people in wvw is something to can be proud off? lol seriously – move on

Guess you don’t read straight. I said they troll their own server and that must be something to be proud of. I stated I farmed his guild before that.

Selective reading? – move on

in PvP

Osi.3504

You’re*

I assume you meant server, I play on Yak’s Bend. Anyways back on topic. ^^

in PvP

Flytrap.8075

You’re*

No, I asked you what guild you’re a part of.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Writetyper.1985

You heard it here folks – because you farm peoples guilds in WvW, tPvP achievments should be made easier. A flawless arguement.

really bad engineer

in PvP

Osi.3504

You’re*

No, I asked you what guild you’re a part of.

I play in TOG but generally roam WvW, I don’t play enough at one game mode to dedicate myself to WvW or sPvP guilds because I don’t have 12 hours a day to play like some or those one just play the game for one mode.

in PvP

Flytrap.8075

You heard it here folks – because you farm peoples guilds in WvW, tPvP achievments should be made easier. A flawless arguement.

And you’d think that he’d be busy farming his tPvP wins instead of spending so much time on the forums

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Osi.3504

And you’d think that he’d be busy farming his tPvP wins instead of spending so much time on the forums

Already got all my tpvp wins today, wasn’t that bad but still took well over 2 hours to play the 8+ games.

in PvP

Flytrap.8075

Already got all my tpvp wins today, wasn’t that bad but still took well over 2 hours to play the 8+ games.

By the way, there aren’t any good guilds on Yak’s. Also, considering you only roam, you must be playing a cheese build if you claim to farm us all day.

Anyway, I wish you luck in your quest to remove content from the game.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

in PvP

Osi.3504

Btw, Yak’s doesn’t have any good guilds, and considering you only roam, I found it hard to believe that you farm our guild all day. Anyway, I wish you luck in your attempt to remove content from this game.

mmkay if you say so, SBI better prove itself before it sinks into 3rd again against YB with no good guilds :o

Keep on trollin! woo woo. Later

in PvP

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Well actually winning 3 tournament matches (regardles solo or team) is okay actually.
It’s just that many people do not do pvp team matches after work so I have to give up that one achievement and the solo matches are too many to do all 5 besides it’s a question of luck whether you’re in a team with which you get a few wins. However the daily made me realize how much rang points you get… rang 34 I’ll come!

in PvP

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

Classic! I lol’d

in PvP

Yamiga.7863

The new achievements do not make any sense to me.
There are mainly 2 positive things the game could get from this:
- Use AP as a carrot to bring more players to tPvP
- Reward sPvP players so they can get reward chests easily for some gold/skins.

The first one is a complete failure. A whole soloQ match (queue time + prematch time + the match itself) can easily last for over 15 minutes. With a proper matchmaking (50% win rate), 5 wins would mean 10 matches played, so easily over 2 hours and half for just a couple of APs.
Only the most hardcore AP hunters could be attracted by such a grindy task, and there are still serious chances on completely kitten ing them off (and making them to eventually stop playing) instead.

The second one has no dangerous conunterparts, but doesn’t look either as a big deal.
Many PvP players won’t play the 3-4 hours required for all the 4 AP on a daily basis, and those who actually do are probably most dedicated to one given format, be it SoloQ or TeamQ, so most of them still won’t get the whole 120 points a month.
I also doubt PvP players will find those reward chests lifechanging :P

Some posters have sugested to make the achievements about games played.
I completely disagree; every reward in tPvP should be mainly about winning matches (
anything else could promote undesirable behaviours among newcomers).

I would just rework them to somehing like this:

Daily: Win 2 tournaments (no format specified) —> 2 AP
Monthly: Win 35 soloQ tournaments —> 30 AP
Monthly: Win 25 teamQ tournaments —> 30 AP
With any tiering/unlock required.

3 tournaments are usually enough to complete every regular PvP daily achievements and, with a bit of luck, they can also be enough for this new 2AP daily.
It’s a longer time for daily achievements, that’s true, but there’s also more AP and better rewards involved. IMHO it could attract players to tournamnet play, and still requires winning, so eventually those players will be on the right mindset or have left.

The monthly ones are a bit redundant. There are there in order to reach the same 120 points a month, and also to encourage people to try TeamQ while being more easily attainable by any player, even PvP ones.
If your roster only plays some given days a week, it doesn’t matter at all. You can fully dedicate to TeamQ whenever is possible, playing soloQ otherwise, and still get the whole reward.

I would also want to talk about the changes on Slayer and Conqueror achievements: They don’t make any sense :P

There’re a lot of easily reachable PvP achievements for a newcomer. New tiers should have been added, if anything, in the upper end, so players could have some short run carrot for playing PvP a bit more.
If bonus APs could be introduced or those new tiers, that would be also a way to reward, AP wise, dedicated PvP players.

I couldn’t agree more. Those new dailies seem to have been added to reward harcore PvPers, which don’t seem to be extremely exctited about them. I may be wrong but that’s what I felt reading the forums. As you said the daily is a carrot used to encourage people into doing certain things. The new dailies are completely off this idea

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Sadly there seem to be a lot of narrow minded and intolerant people towards other playstyles and goals of peoples playtime in this thread.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Yamiga.7863

Just an idea off the top of my head: If Anet truly wants to reward PvPers with APs, they can introduce a capped repeatable achievement for tournament wins, similar to the dungeon explorer: gain 5AP every 5 wins for a maximum total of 250 (or more, the numbers are just an example)