New SPvP Daily Achivements

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I blame Anet for making stuff worse. I decided to become an achievement hunter when there were only 4 generic dailies total in the game, which anyone could complete within 20min. But not that long after release Anet kept adding more and more and it started to become a chore.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Tasslehoff.5738

Tasslehoff.5738

I played before more than only daily in pvp 1-2h sometimes more 3-4h but not force to do stupid daily points. Now I forced to spend over 4h/day

in PvP

Posted by: Denek.7526

Denek.7526

It took me 7 hours to finish the entire daily, both pve and pvp.

Won easily 3 out of 3 team arena matches win my guildmates, but solo queue… it was a nightmare. I lost around 12 matches, before I won required 5. Well, people matter

DEAR ARENANET,
I speak on behalf of all achievement hunters, please, change this absurd pvp daily…

(edited by Denek.7526)

in PvP

Posted by: Hrca.3752

Hrca.3752

I hope this is just temporary 2 week thing.
If its not, then please make it “Tournaments Matches Played”, not wins, it will make both pvp players and pve achi hunters happy, they get easy wins, we get our daily done

(edited by Hrca.3752)

in PvP

Posted by: Ashron Valhalla.8369

Ashron Valhalla.8369

I join your conversation to share my feelings about the new update.

Like other players, I like to complete the game as much as possible
However, I find that the excess of achievement points (particulary pvp tournament points) really takes too much time. So long that I didn’t find the opportunity to play living story. Worse, I didn’t feel free to play the way i want.

This update is painful and not fun. I hope for early modifications.

in PvP

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

And again a useless post above me.

Why can’t people realize that the Achievement people want to do EVERY daily category for the AP you can get, is it that hard?

And people are complaining because they’re not able to without spending alot of time especially now with the Win tpvp kitten….

The daily is broken anyways, it should be like: choose 5 pve dailies, 4 pvp dailies and thats it, no more AP after these if you complete any. This makes it truly choosable for every kind of player.

If people wish to complain the others, add some silver or karma to that.

Your complaints are ridiculous. No one besides yourself is making you do these extra daily achievements. The people who ONLY play sPvP are grateful for the fact that they can stay in Heart of the Mists while playing and still complete their daily, yet here you are selfishly asking ANet to take them away because you don’t want to put in the time to stay on your precious leaderboard.

I don’t care about any leaderboard what make you think this? I"m just saying it to make it fair for people who play every part of the game and want it. I gave up on doing every daily long time ago because its senseless once you reached a point.

But there are still people who like to complete every aspect of the game to keep em playing and especially these “you gotta win” dailies can take you longer than everything together and some people simply don’t have the time.

The only one who is selfish right now is you.

Reaper – Anguîsh

in PvP

Shakki.3219

No actually – I don’t understand. Why? For what purpose? You want to do them, but you don’t want to do them? kittening what?

I don’t as said above, but some people want to complete every aspect of a game.

But if you’re not a PvP player and are incapable of winning tPvP, then why? To keep up with people on the leaderboards? I guess you just aren’t hardcore enough if you’re not able to do every daily and are going to get the place on the leaderboards, by the way. There’s a word that describes this behavior perfectly btw: Starts with A, ryhmes with Ballistic.

Why do you think so? Who tells you i’m a bad sPvP player? I’ve spend alot of time in there and still enjoying it, again you assume i meant myself. But it’s not a secret that you get 80% of the times an afk person in your tournament team especially now with the new daily which would make it even more annoying.

It is choosable. You only have to do 4 dailies to get the chest.

No it’s not, because there are people who want everything done, call it OCD or however you like, the people are there.

Reaper – Anguîsh

in PvP

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

5 games for daily is good, 5 wins for daily is too much.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

I think it is not a very good sign that the outcry on achievements change is the most active thread in the pvp section after what was supposed to be a big pvp patch.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Yamiga.7863

Yamiga.7863

I think it is not a very good sign that the outcry on achievements change is the most active thread in the pvp section after what was supposed to be a big pvp patch.

If achievements are the only thing people are complaining about it’s actually rather good. And if everything outside of dailies is fine, can we have them fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

No actually – I don’t understand. Why? For what purpose? You want to do them, but you don’t want to do them? kittening what?

I don’t as said above, but some people want to complete every aspect of a game.

But if you’re not a PvP player and are incapable of winning tPvP, then why? To keep up with people on the leaderboards? I guess you just aren’t hardcore enough if you’re not able to do every daily and are going to get the place on the leaderboards, by the way. There’s a word that describes this behavior perfectly btw: Starts with A, ryhmes with Ballistic.

Why do you think so? Who tells you i’m a bad sPvP player? I’ve spend alot of time in there and still enjoying it, again you assume i meant myself. But it’s not a secret that you get 80% of the times an afk person in your tournament team especially now with the new daily which would make it even more annoying.

It is choosable. You only have to do 4 dailies to get the chest.

No it’s not, because there are people who want everything done, call it OCD or however you like, the people are there.

LOL what? AFK’r 80% of the time? Now you’re just making stuff up. People get AFK’s probably around 5-10% of the time. 80? lol. “Hey let’s start making outrageous stuff up so that we can get achievements nerfed.”

This is how classes get nerfed continually, for people complaining and exaggerating everything that’s happening just to get their way. Get over it.

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

I have to confess, I just misunderstood the point of this thread. I thought these guys are some kind of PvP only achievement hunters and was so confused and I wondered why I’ve never seen them in this forum before. But I swear I’ve never heard about this way of playing a game. And there is even a special name “completionist?”.

Now I’m very curious, where exactly is the fun for you guys? What makes you happy – the feeling when you finish all the achievements for the day, or competing on the leaderboards? How do you feel if you can’t complete the daily? Is it worse if you have it half done than not started at all?

I want to make it clear, I’m not trolling, not mocking, not being sarcastic. All I want is to understand your point of view.

Oh and what is the average percent of the people with this playstyle?

The night is dark and full of turnips.

in PvP

Shakki.3219

LOL what? AFK’r 80% of the time? Now you’re just making stuff up. People get AFK’s probably around 5-10% of the time. 80? lol. “Hey let’s start making outrageous stuff up so that we can get achievements nerfed.”

This is how classes get nerfed continually, for people complaining and exaggerating everything that’s happening just to get their way. Get over it.

From 16 Games ytd i had 14 games where at least 1 person in my/ enemy team was afk.

That equals 87.5% .

Reaper – Anguîsh

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Now I do agree afk’ing needs to be dealt with but it doesn’t happen that often as all I’ve done is PvP for the last month. And nerfing achievements isn’t a way to fix being afk. If what you’re complaining about is people being afk atm then have them fix that and not achievements.

in PvP

Eyia Hellhide.7320

From 16 Games ytd i had 14 games where at least 1 person in my/ enemy team was afk.
That equals 87.5% .

It’s very unlikely.

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

If achievements are the only thing people are complaining about it’s actually rather good.

Or, it’s a sign there hasn’t been any meaningful changes of any kind.
Or, it’s a sign that most don’t give a frak about pvp anymore.
Or it could be both!
Or, it’s proof GW2 pvp has achieved perfection.

Take your pick~

in PvP

Yamiga.7863

I have to confess, I just misunderstood the point of this thread. I thought these guys are some kind of PvP only achievement hunters and was so confused and I wondered why I’ve never seen them in this forum before. But I swear I’ve never heard about this way of playing a game. And there is even a special name “completionist?”.

Now I’m very curious, where exactly is the fun for you guys? What makes you happy – the feeling when you finish all the achievements for the day, or competing on the leaderboards? How do you feel if you can’t complete the daily? Is it worse if you have it half done than not started at all?

The fun is the feeling of having completed everything. Not only dailies but every achievement in the game, I myself have only a few permanent achievement remaining (except the PvP/WvW ones). Achievement points behave like a summary of the things you completed, that’s why we try to earn every AP we can. Leaderboards are not really important because it’s a personnal satisfaction, not a competition.
If I can’t play a given day I just don’t play. I’ll lose the daily APs and get over it, I know I can’t play every single day even though I’ll try to find some time as much as I can.
Being unable to finish the daily or having to spend almost all my game time on it is really frustrating, because I know these AP will dissapear if I don’t do them, therefore I have to do them to keep my long-term enjoyment. But short-term I don’t necesseraly feel like doing what the daily requires me to. The PvE ones are ok since I would naturally do most of them by just playing the game, and the remaining ones can be done fast. But the new PvP dailies are awfully long, even when I feel like doing PvP (I regulary played soloQ/teamQ before the patch, much more than what the dailies required). I then have to sacrifice either my long-term fun and ignore those dailies or a large part of my short-term fun and grind for them.

Oh and what is the average percent of the people with this playstyle?

Probably quite low, but I don’t have a precise idea. Many people started the AP-hunt when Anet released the achievement rewards, so I don’t think its limited to the people on the leaderboards

(edited by Yamiga.7863)

in PvP

Posted by: Adris.1859

Adris.1859

I played before more than only daily in pvp 1-2h sometimes more 3-4h but not force to do stupid daily points. Now I forced to spend over 4h/day

You are not forced. You force yourself. However being AP slave is only your decision.

in PvP

Eyia Hellhide.7320

Yamiga, thank you for the detailed answer. I read also the thread in your signature. Now I can understand why you feel like this and it really sounds painful. I hope Anet will try to find some solution, they haven’t made the change to torture a group of players, they only wanted to do something good for PvPers.

in PvP

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

When I read some people are only getting 3 hours of sleep because of the daily and others being “forced” to play longer. It is people like that who give mmo in general a bad name to those on the outside.
Sadly anet has made a change that does promote an unhealthy play style, but really its kinda like smoking. Once you start its hard to quit. Is it the tobacco companies fault? Or that of the person who puffs away.
The new daily does give pvp only players more options to gain points. It does hurt the ap hunter. To say one group is more important than the other is a matter of opinion.
I’m all for a change, just one that is fair to all players, not just ap hunters.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

this thread is soooooo funny^^

seriously guyz – wait for the storm when arenanet bring the rewards you can get in spvp only for being good

oooh the QQ from all this people who think they deserve everything just for buying the game^^

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

It’s pretty much a self-inflicted agony.
I could understand if this was about quality single-player games such as the Zelda series (which I spent long hours completing myself…and all the while having loads of fun at it), but GW2…really?
waw
I think you must be a new specie…h¤mo-masochisiens virtualle.

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

the daily is ok in general, you don’t need to win teamQ to achieve the daily completed.
you just need to win 3 solo and the cap and other stuff. it is not so hard achievable. it shouldn’t be easy done by pve’ers anyway. it has to be achievable, but there is no need to let it be easy done.

what is not okey is the reporting system, as none knows if something happens to afk’ers (dev response please?) and the entry mmr for new Q’ers is a bit too high (which was called to be addressed in the future)

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

danielrjones.8759

I can’t say I enjoy reading the sufferings of those which have addictive play styles.
However the ones that say " I’m gonna hold my breath and turn blue till I get my way", are funny. For those who threaten to quit, you may want to do some research.
I recall in gw1 various changes they made to the sin in which supposedly 3000 players would or did quit if they didn’t change it back. Know what, they didn’t change it back.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

in PvP

Yamiga.7863

this thread is soooooo funny^^

seriously guyz – wait for the storm when arenanet bring the rewards you can get in spvp only for being good

oooh the QQ from all this people who think they deserve everything just for buying the game^^

As long as they’re not time limited I’m fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

they are time limited – there will be ladders and seasons and for this will be rewards who win it and for the top rank – like top 100 or whatever

and im sure whis will have archievements too – how you end season

and this is fine – this is what we need in pvp

in PvP

danielrjones.8759

@Romek, imo something like that would be nice for hardcore pvpers. Seems pvp does get the short end of the stick more often.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

If pvp season achievements would be anything like wvw season achievements I dont mind them. You had 7 weeks for them and were doable in a week. I really doubt they would make achievements like “Become top 100” of the season.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I can’t say I enjoy reading the sufferings of those which have addictive play styles.
However the ones that say " I’m gonna hold my breath and turn blue till I get my way", are funny. For those who threaten to quit, you may want to do some research.
I recall in gw1 various changes they made to the sin in which supposedly 3000 players would or did quit if they didn’t change it back. Know what, they didn’t change it back.

There are some new games coming next year, so anet should think twice before loosing their most dedicated players. I doubt many players spend more effort and time on the game than achievement hunters.

in PvP

Yamiga.7863

they are time limited – there will be ladders and seasons and for this will be rewards who win it and for the top rank – like top 100 or whatever

and im sure whis will have archievements too – how you end season

and this is fine – this is what we need in pvp

And I agree with you that PvP needs that kind of rewards, even if it means I won’t have some of the achievements. Of course I’d prefer to be able to obtain those achievements and I’ll certainly work towards them whatever the ranking requirement is. But those are long-term achievements that reward skill, the complete opposite of dailies that almost only require time spent.

in PvP

danielrjones.8759

@Malediktus, I agree in part. I would like to think anet doesn’t want to lose their customers. just my opinion, but when someone threatens me, it has an opposite reaction. I don’t always agree with changes anet makes to the game. I feel they believe the changes they make are to better the game for the entire community not a select group. If anet bowed to threats they would ceased to exist.
There are ways to get ones point across through constructive comments. Supplying a solution that is beneficial to all, not just those who are hardcore. stomping feet, holding breath, slamming doors, and threatening to run away. Is why there are so many negative comments on this thread.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Better to tell them why you might be going away in the forseeable future, than leaving without giving reasons. If they dont know what makes people think about quitting, they cannot work on it. As it is now, “hardcore” players are leaving by the truckload judging from my friendlist. Be it the dull living story content, dailies or other flaws such as coverage wars in WvW.
Perhaps people who spend more than 10 hours a week are not the target audience of the game.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

@Malediktus, I agree in part. I would like to think anet doesn’t want to lose their customers. just my opinion, but when someone threatens me, it has an opposite reaction. I don’t always agree with changes anet makes to the game. I feel they believe the changes they make are to better the game for the entire community not a select group. If anet bowed to threats they would ceased to exist.
There are ways to get ones point across through constructive comments. Supplying a solution that is beneficial to all, not just those who are hardcore. stomping feet, holding breath, slamming doors, and threatening to run away. Is why there are so many negative comments on this thread.

I dont think “threaten” is a good term to use. At least not in my case. There can be many reasons why someone could quit the game. Someone will quit if his class gets nerfed in PvP or PvE. Someone will quit becouse he believes there is “nothing to do” in game. It differs from person to person. If my class would get nerfed hard in PvP in GW2 I would simply reroll another class and learn to play it better. Someone else would quit. Both options are OK tbh.

In case of AP hunting. I made a commitment to do them all back in the days when completing daily in 100% required 15 minutes of game time or it would simply complete by itself if I would just play GW2 for few hours. Then Arena started to add more and more. I began to see the problem and I started to voice my concerns on forums in several cases where I could make a remark about it. There were some bursts of more hard to complete time-gated living story achievements like Mai Trin ones or Liadri ones. But I was convincing myself that those are just bursts and after a while there will be some breathing room to get. However the change on recent patch with sPvP daily was a straw which broke a camel’s back (quite a heavy straw tbh). At that point I merely asked Arena if that is a design pattern they intend to follow. If Arena would say that it is, I would understand that. I understand that it is impossible to cater to all playstyles and all gamers. If Arena believes that adding those sPvP dailies in such form will bring more good to the game than harm (few nerd AP hunters quiting but more cannon fodder for PvP players for example) then OK, so shall be it. But that is a game I dont want to play. And so I am going to quit. What is wrong with that? This is not me trying to blackmail Arena. Its just me asking “hey Arena, are you going to serve me apples or oranges? Becouse I prefer apples and if you will serve oranges I will just go to the other restaurant over there which serves apples. Thanks!”.

That being said. I interpret the lack of Arena response as saying “Yes. All is working as intended.”. And so I decided to quit. I stopped doing dailies 2 days ago. I ordered 4 new games on Amazon. I started to play some Heartstone and Diablo III again (I once left D3 “for good” becouse of AH but since Blizzard surpised me in a positive way and decided to remove AH, I am going to give that game another chance). I will find ways to entertain myself. And I wish good luck to Arena with GW2. It is still a fantastic game but with extremely bad AP system (a system which IMO was very good at game’s launch). I much more prefer AP system from Blizzard games. They dont have daily AP and no temporary achievements at all, if some achievement is no longer obtainable, it looses its AP value and gets moved to a legacy category. Someone who designed it had some reason for it. And whatever that reason was, it perfectly tunes with my AP hunting playstyle and is in direct opposite to what Arena is trying to do (which is acting on people’s OCD to “force” them to log every single day for few hours). So I am kind of done. The only thing that Arena could possibly do now to make me play GW2 hardcore again, would be to introduce a global cap on daily/monthly AP (like for example you dont get more AP from daily after you reach 10,000 AP from daily). Otherwise I am going to pass. I am not a terrorist. I am just a sane customer who picks a service which serves his playstyle the best. The fact that Arena will no longer gain any money from me is not that important tbh. If they gain more money from people who are happy with change that made me quit, well, too bad for me, c’est la vie.

in PvP

Posted by: SpelignErrir.4263

SpelignErrir.4263

If you guys are having trouble with solo queue, such as 12 losses for 5 wins, then the queue isn’t the problem. It’s you.

Mathematically, you have a huge advantage over the other team if you’re any good. You’re assured one player who won’t quit and will play well. The other team has 5 potential slots for pvp illiterate droolers. Yours only has 4.

You could get a bad luck streak and lose 3ish in a row. But with a sample size of 17 rounds, if you lose 12 and only win 5, then YOU are the constant in failure. Stop blaming your team and learn to accept that you are the problem.

I used to be like you. I blamed my team for sucking when I was the one sucking. The solution? I learned to stop blaming others for my own shortcomings. I stopped making excuses for myself. I stopped sucking. I learned to play.

Maybe doing this will help you guys out.

in PvP

Awe.1096

If you guys are having trouble with solo queue, such as 12 losses for 5 wins, then the queue isn’t the problem. It’s you.

Mathematically, you have a huge advantage over the other team if you’re any good. You’re assured one player who won’t quit and will play well. The other team has 5 potential slots for pvp illiterate droolers. Yours only has 4.

You could get a bad luck streak and lose 3ish in a row. But with a sample size of 17 rounds, if you lose 12 and only win 5, then YOU are the constant in failure. Stop blaming your team and learn to accept that you are the problem.

I used to be like you. I blamed my team for sucking when I was the one sucking. The solution? I learned to stop blaming others for my own shortcomings. I stopped making excuses for myself. I stopped sucking. I learned to play.

Maybe doing this will help you guys out.

That doesnt fix it. Assuming math fair 50% win ratio, that is 16 games per day to get 8 wins. Count 15 minutes per match (including wait times) and thats average of 4 hours of daily work added to what we already had.

in PvP

danielrjones.8759

@Awe, if my post seem like I said everyone who made a reference to quitting is threatening. That is an error on my part. Reading some post on this and other threads discussing this topic, there are remarks made that are threatening and this cannot be denied.

I’m a 100% for a global cap, seems that suggestion is not as popular as others.

As I mentioned before I really do understand where the ap hunters are coming from. I was an avid hunter until I seen the direction anet was going with adding more and more. It was something I enjoyed doing. I stopped when I realized in order for me to maintain it would require more time than I was willing to spend.
What I find odd, are those who claim anet is holding a proverbial gun to their head, and blame anet for making it difficult on their style of gaming. It is comments like these which make a mockery of a thread which was started to improve the game.

However I do not see how some comments on various threads cannot be viewed as direct threats of “change it to what I want or I’m leaving” imo most businesses, would be happy to see people who exhibit such childish behavior leave. For me threats of any kind have an immediate and opposite reaction.
Some of my post may seem I am opposed to a change, this is completely untrue. Any change that benefits the entire gaming community is always good. I also like the put points in chest idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Achievements were one of the few things that kept me in game. With the crappy wintersday, nightmare tower ‘ended’ achievements, + this outrageous new pvp dailies, I decided to quit (and trust me that’s not an easy decision, i came back 8x so far, but now i think there’s no way back). Anet just keeps stacking the mistakes, and takes no responsability for it.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Why do non quitting ‘players’ always feel spoken to, when people post about quitting the game? You maybe think we aren’t pointing it to you?

My post is fully pointed to the devs. I know there’s 95% chance they either don’t read this thread or ignore my post, but in the chance of 5% they do, i hope they receive the message. This has nothing to do with other players.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Awe.1096

However I do not see how some comments on various threads cannot be viewed as direct threats of “change it to what I want or I’m leaving” imo most businesses, would be happy to see people who exhibit such childish behavior leave. For me threats of any kind have an immediate and opposite reaction.

While this is slightly OT and I agree that trying to extort something from developers is not a way to go, I have to say that there is a known precedence where it worked. Back in summer 2011 there was a new patch/expansion to EVE Online which kind of focused on different goals which most players found to be key for the game. People started to riot in game. Several accounts were unsubscribed. As a result some weeks/months later developer of the game released an apology letter from the CEO. Further development of mechanics introduced in the questionable patch was abandoned. It was a clear case where aggresive standpoint of players (at least large amount of such players) was effective into bringing the developer to submission. That being said, I dont think AP hunters are a large group of players. We are a minority so I find it plausible that Arena simply will not care (or care but decide that acting is not worth it).

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

It was a clear case where aggresive standpoint of players (at least large amount of such players) was effective into bringing the developer to submission. That being said, I dont think AP hunters are a large group of players. We are a minority so I find it plausible that Arena simply will not care (or care but decide that acting is not worth it).

AP Hunters? More like AP Farmers. It seems like you guys are only willing to put in minimal effort towards getting your beloved Achievement Points; any Daily that takes a bit more time instantly becomes “ridiculous” and “uncalled for”.

These new sPvP dailies were added in so that people who ONLY play sPvP can still complete their daily achievement without leaving Heart of the Mists. The win-factor ensures that people aren’t just AFKing for easy points and that they’re actually working for them. I’m sorry that you and your fellow “AP Hunters” think it takes too much time out of your day to complete these, but no one but yourself is making you take on these extra dailies.

TLDR: If you really were interested in hunting for achievement points, you wouldn’t be complaining about how hard they are to farm.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

in PvP

Awe.1096

These new sPvP dailies were added in so that people who ONLY play sPvP can still complete their daily achievement without leaving Heart of the Mists. The win-factor ensures that people aren’t just AFKing for easy points and that they’re actually working for them. I’m sorry that you and your fellow “AP Hunters” think it takes too much time out of your day to complete these, but no one but yourself is making you take on these extra dailies.

No. These new sPvP dailies were added to shoehorn more people into solo queue and team queue. Perhaps it will be successful at that and perhaps it is good for the game. Time will tell. But please be honest and dont try to convince anyone that they were added for pure PvP players convenience. Making old 4 dailies is still faster and easier for any type of player. By the time you get 3 team wins or 5 solo wins you will already do the 4 old ones and thus get your laurel. And since pure PvP players dont care about AP amount (not to mention they will be far behind pure PvE players anyway) the only logical reason of this new implementation is the one I mentioned at the start of this post.

in PvP

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

It seems like you guys are only willing to put in minimal effort towards getting your beloved Achievement Points; any Daily that takes a bit more time instantly becomes “ridiculous” and “uncalled for”.

Tuesday: Won 4 of 5 soloQ matches
Wednesday: Won 1 of 3 soloQ matches
Thursday: Won 0 of 3 soloQ matches
Friday (today): Won 0 of 3 soloQ matches

Call me crazy but I have no luck getting a halfway decent team to be able to even have an equal match where I can say “okay I could’ve pushed harder”.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

(edited by GreenNekoHaunt.8527)

in PvP

Posted by: Ludus Rex.1562

Ludus Rex.1562

You may want to take a read through the thread in my signature

may I ask, what are the new dailies? X number of wins in each arena? How many wins, and is there anything else?

Ewon, I read through the original posts from the thread linked in your signature. Your position seems very silly to me.

I understand that there are completionists who enjoy getting as many achievement points as possible.

I understand that there are leaderboards, and that maintaining position in these requires work, dedication, and is a major aspect of the game for some people, including yourself.

I understand that introducing new dailies with harsh time requirements means that to continue to maximize AP on a daily basis would require a much greater investment of time, and that not everyone can reasonably make this time commitment?

So what? Wait, no, this isn’t blind hate, let me explain.

A leaderboard should be relative. It should be your position relative to the position of those who are competing with you on the same terms. A PvP leaderboard, for example, measure the win:lose ratio for those who are competing against each other in PvP.

The achievement leaderboard, as far as I can tell, measures the total number of AP one has gained versus the AP others have gained. While I’m sure there is some skill factor here, the major emphasis of this leaderboard and completionist activities in general, is time invested. Who has spent more time achieving all that can be achieved. That’s what’s being measured, and that’s what people are competing for.

As far as I can tell, your stance is that these dailies increase the time investment on a daily basis to stay at maximum AP. But doesn’t your leaderboard already favor those who started AP farming earlier? Since dailies are factored in, people who got this game 6 months later can’t hope to catch up, provided you put in the time to do the current dailies, right?

Okay, well now new completionists who have more time to dedicate (the only thing that the current AP board measures, as far as I can tell, is time dedicated to achieving) will have a chance to prove that they are more hardcore, more time invested achievers than you. That’s what, damaging to your ego?

A leaderboard is your position relative to those you’re competing with. APs gained are a measure of time invested achieving. Why should there be a cap on what’s achievable, just so a select few can maintain a vanity standing?

One of two things can happen: Either A) people continue to invest only a reasonable amount of time in dailies, in which case the standings don’t change and your relative position as an achiever is still top notch and well respected, or B ) people sink in more time achieving than others and move to the front of the pack, which is where they deserve to be since they’re the ones grinding it out and investing the time. They’re better completionists than you.

I had no opinion on this until I read your, very very silly opinion. I am now strongly in favor of these new, hard to complete sPvP dailies. Good work Anet. For serious.

in PvP

Flytrap.8075

You may want to take a read through the thread in my signature

may I ask, what are the new dailies? X number of wins in each arena? How many wins, and is there anything else?

Ewon, I read through the original posts from the thread linked in your signature. Your position seems very silly to me.

I understand that there are completionists who enjoy getting as many achievement points as possible.

I understand that there are leaderboards, and that maintaining position in these requires work, dedication, and is a major aspect of the game for some people, including yourself.

I understand that introducing new dailies with harsh time requirements means that to continue to maximize AP on a daily basis would require a much greater investment of time, and that not everyone can reasonably make this time commitment?

So what? Wait, no, this isn’t blind hate, let me explain.

A leaderboard should be relative. It should be your position relative to the position of those who are competing with you on the same terms. A PvP leaderboard, for example, measure the win:lose ratio for those who are competing against each other in PvP.

The achievement leaderboard, as far as I can tell, measures the total number of AP one has gained versus the AP others have gained. While I’m sure there is some skill factor here, the major emphasis of this leaderboard and completionist activities in general, is time invested. Who has spent more time achieving all that can be achieved. That’s what’s being measured, and that’s what people are competing for.

As far as I can tell, your stance is that these dailies increase the time investment on a daily basis to stay at maximum AP. But doesn’t your leaderboard already favor those who started AP farming earlier? Since dailies are factored in, people who got this game 6 months later can’t hope to catch up, provided you put in the time to do the current dailies, right?

Okay, well now new completionists who have more time to dedicate (the only thing that the current AP board measures, as far as I can tell, is time dedicated to achieving) will have a chance to prove that they are more hardcore, more time invested achievers than you. That’s what, damaging to your ego?

A leaderboard is your position relative to those you’re competing with. APs gained are a measure of time invested achieving. Why should there be a cap on what’s achievable, just so a select few can maintain a vanity standing?

One of two things can happen: Either A) people continue to invest only a reasonable amount of time in dailies, in which case the standings don’t change and your relative position as an achiever is still top notch and well respected, or B ) people sink in more time achieving than others and move to the front of the pack, which is where they deserve to be since they’re the ones grinding it out and investing the time. They’re better completionists than you.

I had no opinion on this until I read your, very very silly opinion. I am now strongly in favor of these new, hard to complete sPvP dailies. Good work Anet. For serious.

Glad to see that I’m not the only one who found this thread ridiculous.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

What’s funny is that PVPers have asked for a way to get some achievement points because they could never compete with PVE masters farming and when Arena net finally throws us a small bone with 2 EXTRA achievement points which we would get just straight up playing anyway, the PVE community just goes absolutely Batkitten over it.

Get over it PVE community; PvP does not have even close to the same efficiency of acquiring achievement points as PvE, and this was supposed to be a small buff so that we aren’t all left sitting on 4-5k achievement points after playing since beta.

Utter Greed all up in this thread, Shame on you. Shame.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

(edited by Darnis.4056)

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

It was a clear case where aggresive standpoint of players (at least large amount of such players) was effective into bringing the developer to submission. That being said, I dont think AP hunters are a large group of players. We are a minority so I find it plausible that Arena simply will not care (or care but decide that acting is not worth it).

AP Hunters? More like AP Farmers. It seems like you guys are only willing to put in minimal effort towards getting your beloved Achievement Points; any Daily that takes a bit more time instantly becomes “ridiculous” and “uncalled for”.

TLDR: If you really were interested in hunting for achievement points, you wouldn’t be complaining about how hard they are to farm.

Since when is spending hours a day for trivial tasks hard? We are all for hard achievements like the Liadri ones. What we dont want is more and more time limited achievements which take nothing but time commitment and grinding. While daily tPvP wins are not purely time commitment, they still require a minimum of 2 hours per day if you win all of them. If you get unlucky with your team and opponents it can easily double.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

What’s funny is that PVPers have asked for a way to get some achievement points because they could never compete with PVE masters farming and when Arena net finally throws us a small bone with 2 EXTRA achievement points which we would get just straight up playing anyway, the PVE community just goes absolutely Batkitten over it.

Get over it PVE community; PvP does not have even close to the same efficiency of acquiring achievement points as PvE, and this was supposed to be a small buff so that we aren’t all left sitting on 4-5k achievement points after playing since beta.

The game does not only consist of exclusively of one of the follow: PVE, PVP, WvW. So if you want many AP you have to play all areas. A pure PVE player wont have much more than 5k AP either, simply because he will miss out on WvW dailies, WvW living story, WvW monthlies, PvP dailies and PvP monthlies.

in PvP

Flytrap.8075

The game does not only consist of exclusively of one of the follow: PVE, PVP, WvW. So if you want many AP you have to play all areas. A pure PVE player wont have much more than 5k AP either, simply because he will miss out on WvW dailies, WvW living story, WvW monthlies, PvP dailies and PvP monthlies.

Judging from the sentiment of your last post, you must be thankful then that ANet added in some more dailies for diversified players like yourself

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Awe.1096

I bolded the part to which I am referring to. Yes, that is exactly the problem. If Arena makes the system in which the goal for completionists is to spend 6 hours every day just doing dailies (try it out for a while, I am sure you will find it fun) then that is not the game I want to play. There is a reason I dont play one of the korean grinder MMO. There is a reason I dont play WoW (I dont like endless gear threadmill). I was enjoying GW2 becouse it allowed me to be a completionist without forfeiting my entire life. If Arena decides to change that initial model, there is a moment when my back will simply snap. And that just happened.

I dont necessarily want to rage at Arena over it. I am merely reporting an issue (together with other players of similar mindset) that the system reached the point where it “defeated” me by depleting my endurance. I am speaking for myself as are everyone else. Whatever Arena will decide to do with that feedback, it is up to them.

And as for the new people catching up. Long time ago already I was advertising a change that would do just that and at the same time fix the problem of current AP hunters. Just cap the total daily AP points you can accumulate on your account. Same as with some repeatable achievements. So for example once you hit 10,000 or 20,000 AP from dailies you will not get any more. This would allow new players to reach and surpass people playing since day one. And at the same time eliminate the everyday pressure problem. It would also still encourage prolonged play (it is what Arena aims at) becouse getting such high amount of daily AP would require a lot of time regardless (I estimate 5000 – 10000 hours of gameplay). Make what you will out of it.

(edited by Awe.1096)

in PvP

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

I only made it through the first page of this thread and already I’m disgusted by the attitudes of the so-called “completionists.” What is the point of a leaderboard if progression is limited not by what the competitors are willing and able to do, but by what is available for them to do?

If anything, you “completionists” should be clamoring for more dailies, not less. You should be arguing for achievements to be harder, not easier. You should want the leaderboard to actually be a competition, where someone who is more hardcore, more willing to put forth the effort and devote the time, can move ahead of someone who simply is not.

I doubt the new achievements were added with you “completionists” in mind, but it’s exactly the sort of thing you needed. The best thing ANet could do to make the leaderboard actually worth working towards is to make it so that there are so many options available for daily completions that no one could possibly do every single option every single day. Then the leaderboard would be about who worked through it faster, more efficiently, and more devotedly.

(edited by Subdue.5479)