New SPvP Daily Achivements

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

anet forces me to the forums 8 to 10 hours a day, doesn’t that sound ridicules? Well maybe not to some people.

Arena does not force me to anything. If they offer me something I dont like, I dont buy it. I bought something I liked. They changed it to something I dont like. Only viable solution is to leave. Problem is, completionism isnt really something that you can sometimes do and sometimes dont. When it is time restricted, you either go all in or you dont go at all. Its different from anything else which either dont have time restrictions or do have a finish line (something like total AP maximum).

It might be “mind numbing” for you, but for some people achievements are main focus to play games long-term. When I played WoW, my main focus was on achievements. When I really like some game on PS3/Xbox, I dont leave it until I max the achievements in it. Recently I started to play some Diablo III again while waiting for the expansion pack and guess what I am doing? Grabbing missing achievements! The good thing is that despite the fact I did not touched Diablo for over a year, I didnt missed a single achievement and all is still there waiting to be obtained. Think about how much would you miss if you would stop playing GW2 for a year.

All I would really like to see is some sort of reassurance from Arena that their current design goal with AP is to add perhaps even more of them and that they think that getting all AP should be really really time consuming or perhaps even impossible. In this way I would be able to part my ways with this game with a clear consciousness. Although to be fair, as of right now I see it extremely unlikely that I will come back (if someone would tell me half year ago that I will say that about GW2 this December, I would probably laugh). Still… never say never however. After all, getting back to same example again… I opted to give Diablo another chance becouse Blizzard decided to do a bold move and they announced removal of Auction House system from the game. IMO AH was something that destroyed a core concept of playing a dungeon crawler but I would not suspect they will actually admit their mistake and go with a big change of removing it. But they did. So if Blizzard could remove AH from Diablo, maybe Arena will one day make the AP grind system more sensible? That is why I will keep monitoring this thread and forum in general.

in PvP

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

ArenaNet screwed the pooch on this one. I’ve already decided to start playing a older MMO I played with some of my RL friends because it’s actually fun but I still will flip the TP and do some of my easy dailies on here and have some hope it will be fixed but good chance it won’t anytime soon if at all and I’ll lose interest completely. They can ignore the matter all they want but it doesn’t change the fact there are a lot of achievement point hunters disappointed knowing they don’t have the play time to continue it anymore. Also just because there is maybe 20 people that posted here doesn’t mean it’s just a few people, you can easily add those at the top of the leaderboard and ask them if they liked the change, unless it’s someone who plays all day Im sure the answer is no.

I loved the ladderboard because as a frequent gamer I play anywhere from 1-4 hours a day probably in my free time and being able to do AP’s since near launch was nice. It never felt like a job to me until these new arena achievements were added due to the long time and RNG required to get them. I play all aspects of the game and I do very well at anything. These achievements are not hard, they are just too time consuming, the only achievement in this game I may consider hard was Liadari 8 crystal, aside from that it’s just a fun task to do the achievements which is no longer fun unless you play at least 10 hours a day now.

The reason being is because missing 4 points a day is 1360 or so a year, I don’t see any point doing them or perhaps 5 just for the laurel if I’m going to lose ranks doing the others because gaining a high rank and holding it had good satisfaction. 1-2 hours a day was somewhat reasonable but 4-10 hours a day is absurd. To be honest this game doesn’t offer much at all for someone that plays everyday and with all the temp content there isn’t much to come back to so screwing over long hour players in the AP system to do 2 or 3 times the hours per day was a bad mistake and will only cost them money. While a lot of people I know say anyone that plays a lot doesn’t contribute real money to the game is false, just playing 2-3 hours a day is enough time to get your daily done and isn’t much time to earn money in game to purchase items so it’s likely they will spend real money instead unless they play 10+ hours a day and have time to do everything. The AP chest do not offer enough rewards to spend 2 hours a day getting all those points if I can’t get them all for ranks, at least to me. After a year of collecting AP chest I gained maybe 10% MF? It’s pitiful really and anything else it gives you can get a million times faster by flipping the TP for 5000g a month+ and purchasing it or PvPing/WvWing.

The huge fail with this change is the fact it affected a lot of players who enjoyed getting “ALL” the time gated AP’s to climb the ladderboard which you can’t do if you are missing 4 a day because they added so much time to it. So basically a lot of players got screwed over due to these lousey achievements which could have been changed to something literally 1/100th of the time frame like the other achievements fall into and make EVERYONE happy, both the AP hunters, and the sPvP players who want APs for their PvE account bonuses lol.

The lack of logic on this update was poor and because it’s being ignored it’s a huge amount of disrespect to everyone who has spent 100s to 1000s of hours doing what they enjoyed over the past year just to have the rug pulled from under their feet and this is exactly what I hate about MMO companies, I had a lot more faith in ArenaNet honestly because I played Guild Wars 1 and aside from the hero update they did I’ve seen other game companies do things like this and it destorys the community and the game in the long haul.

When people quit over what some may consider stupidity/disrespect, it’s a chain reaction because some of their close friends may lose interest now that their friend is no longer playing and so on and it’s just less people to advertise the game to others as a good game, and for what? A lame choice of achievements that could have easily been changed to something less time consuming. I for one bought all skins/mini pets and so fourth with real money because I didn’t mind supporting the game and it’s probably why I got a Christmas Card from ANET and I can tell you if you add up all the mini pets and skins it’s very pricy but why support a company that slaps you in the face with an update that could have been done so much wiser and better and then be ignored afterword while they are posting on other threads that are almost pointless/trollish?

Ah well, guess we’ll see what happens later on, they’ve already waited a bit too long I think and it has made a few peoples christmas weekend very miserable haha.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont think you got your christmas card for buying in the gem shop. I spent a lot too to get all miniatures and utility items and bank/inventory/char slots. No card. I definatly spent way more than the subscription cost of a P2p MMO.
Thought I never bought gems to trade them for gold. Earned all my legendaries, emperor title and 500 crafting professions through ingame means.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread has derailed with inflammatory and off-topic comments, it is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.