Peak Performance and Rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Warrior main here

i think Rampage itself is fine but this adept trait transform it in a little too op beast.

I suggest to change Rampage in a different form from “physical” or move the trait in another line and put it in competion with other strong trait.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

No that’s why either is taken.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Phil.8901

Honestly i think this trait is originally thinking to valorize physical skills like stomp, kick etc. not to create a Rampage – spamming 1 + random stuff – festival every 120s + 30% damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Does the adrenaline bonus damage apply in rampage?

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Does the adrenaline bonus damage apply in rampage?

Every bonus damage affects Rampage.
It becomes worse because Rampage doubles (or tripples?) the base power.
GW2 damage formula is not addictive, but cumulative, meaning instead of 200% + 30% damage, it’s more like 200% x 30% = 260% damage.
If you add other damage modifier, it’d only get worse.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

fighting rampage in a 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 situation is a L2P. If you cant handle rampage it means your a average below average player. You cant expect the game to change when you cant handle a elite skill that uses 4 melee skills and telegraphs 3 out of the 5 skills like a slow motion action movie.

in PvP

Phil.8901

fighting rampage in a 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 situation is a L2P. If you cant handle rampage it means your a average below average player. You cant expect the game to change when you cant handle a elite skill that uses 4 melee skills and telegraphs 3 out of the 5 skills like a slow motion action movie.

Sure, boss

After this you see Rom goes in vengance and kill 2 players during the ESL monthly finals.

But probably cuz they’re bad and can’t handle with rampage like you do.

Have you noticed the autoattack damage?

(edited by Phil.8901)

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Thats because Rom goes Rompage, not Rampage!

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

no, this is working as intended, dun change it.

in PvP

Phil.8901

rOmPage OP

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Sure, boss

After this you see Rom goes in vengance and kill 2 players during the ESL monthly finals.

I do can the same and say how did it work vs the abjured at the esl? Oh wait everyone was complaining about backpacks mesmer and how apex couldnt score more then 100pts with there rampage warriors

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

rOmPage OP

not to mention they let there guard down and assumed they had the kill but of course thats not L2P for assuming you had a win. Thats rampage being op, i guess i should eat potato chips in a bear cave too.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

rOmPage OP

not to mention they let there guard down and assumed they had the kill but of course thats not L2P for assuming you had a win. Thats rampage being op, i guess i should eat potato chips in a bear cave too.

eat potato chips in a bear cave hahahaahah good comparison ahahahahahahah

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

The problem with rampage is the insane amount of passive buffs it gives. Passive damage buff means it does more damage than lich, more stab than lich, movement impairing condition reduction, swiftness, stances during the transform, rezzing and stomping during the transform. Some of that needs to go away, elites can still have an impact without giving you near immunity to half the skills in the game. Also to all the people saying L2dodge or L2kite, that’s effectively the same as saying just leave the fight. The last time a build made people do that was turret engi, and we all knew how that turned out.

Also, if you do think rampage is fine then you must also think most of the other transforms need big buffs. Plague doesn’t have as much of an impact, neither does torando or lich. I want to note, I don’t want massive nerfs to this skill, but it should have more counterplay than running away, or having a necro with plague. If it is supposed to be weak to kiting, remove the condition duration reduction. If it is supposed to be weak to cc, lower the stab to 1 stack. If it simply is dealing too much damage, reduce the base damage.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Sure, boss

Rom hasn’t done that in any other match prior to that instance. Any one player can counter and beat a Rampage warrior if there’s no surprises. Rampage QQs is all L2P issues.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Phil.8901

The problem with rampage is the insane amount of passive buffs it gives. Passive damage buff means it does more damage than lich, more stab than lich, movement impairing condition reduction, swiftness, stances during the transform, rezzing and stomping during the transform. Some of that needs to go away, elites can still have an impact without giving you near immunity to half the skills in the game. Also to all the people saying L2dodge or L2kite, that’s effectively the same as saying just leave the fight. The last time a build made people do that was turret engi, and we all knew how that turned out.

Also, if you do think rampage is fine then you must also think most of the other transforms need big buffs. Plague doesn’t have as much of an impact, neither does torando or lich. I want to note, I don’t want massive nerfs to this skill, but it should have more counterplay than running away, or having a necro with plague. If it is supposed to be weak to kiting, remove the condition duration reduction. If it is supposed to be weak to cc, lower the stab to 1 stack. If it simply is dealing too much damage, reduce the base damage.

Yeah, these false pro players are really funny lol.

L2p issues when you land auto attack for 5k+ lol

And i play warrior, it’s against my interest to see rampage nerfed.

But atleast i don’t defend what is undefendable.

Probably is the same people who say burning is ok and is a l2p issue

But honestly no surprise, when i opened a topic about grenadier bug there were people who said it’s ok, working as intended, is not a bug.

Lol

(edited by Phil.8901)

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

i would like to duel your rampage on any of the following classes which i don’t play

ele,
mesmer,
thief,
engi,
guardian,
necro,
ranger

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

Phil.8901

Another phenomeno.

I give up, i’ll continue to enjoy my op rampage.

But when someone will die, I know now is because a l2p issue no because i do 5k+ autoattack.

Thx guys, everything is fine now

in PvP

lighter.2708

Another phenomeno.

But when someone will die, I know now is because a l2p issue no because i do 5k+ autoattack.

can you try to elaborate and formulate a standing point?

Also rampage doesn’t give passive damage buffs, it’s just skills with high base damage.
it has been changed long ago so people don’t combo skills like meteor or big oil bomb and sigil procs.

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

I wouldn’t be defending Rampage if Mesmer at it’s current state didn’t exist in a broken way. Instant cast burst while spamming evades realistically take no skill and has no counterplay tbh.

Same with Burning and specifically Ele. Ele is still braindead and effective atm if you go D/D.

And no one wants to see the cele meta ever again. For real? People enjoyed fights that lasted for 5 minutes?

Point is, they need to nerf the amount of cancer all at the same time so that the game can achieve real balance.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Phil.8901

Another phenomeno.

Also rampage doesn’t give passive damage buffs, it’s just skills with high base damage.
it has been changed long ago so people don’t combo skills like meteor or big oil bomb and sigil procs.

Elaborate?

Have you read my first post and the title at least? Or you jumped directly on l2p train?

@BlackTruth: I agree with you. Rampage is on the same list with Mesmer and Burning.

(edited by Phil.8901)

in PvP

lighter.2708

Another phenomeno.

Elaborate?

Have you read my first post and the title at least?

You gave nothing but pure opinion which doesn’t matter to begin with.

i would careless about the current balance state, but not sure how you see the current balance, do you have an overall balance view, or you are just trying to shave warrior cuz you feel like it? how would a warrior be viable at all without rampage being physical, i would just take an engi instead.

good luck on that.

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Another phenomeno.

Elaborate?

Uhmm He did offer suggestions if you read it. .facepalm

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

lighter.2708

Another phenomeno.

Elaborate?

Uhmm He did offer suggestions if you read it. .facepalm

when does a suggestion from an opinion count….i mean if it’s just an opinion, why should that suggestion be any more valuable..

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Warriors can keep getting adrenaline while in Rampage right? Does this also scale the damage Peak Performance provides?

If so a good nerf would be to freeze adrenaline gain while transformed. Also toning down the Vitality gain or damage reduction would be another good step.

in PvP

Phil.8901

when does a suggestion from an opinion count….i mean if it’s just an opinion, why should that suggestion be any more valuable..

What?

I gave a suggestion based on my game experience AND based on community feedbacks.

Rampage is too strong right now, most of all for this trait (lower cd and better damage).

Maybe you don’t agree. it’s ok, is a free world, but u aren’t the the judge, Anet is.

in PvP

lighter.2708

What?

I gave a suggestion based on my game experience AND based on community feedbacks.

Rampage is too strong right now, most of all for this trait (lower cd and better damage).

Maybe you don’t agree. it’s ok, is a free world, but u aren’t the the judge, Anet is.

that’s why forum suggestions are useless,
all the stealth removal threads are also based on ones gaming experience and community feedback.

in PvP

Phil.8901

What?

I would agree to valid argument, not you gave nothing but pure feeling.
Sure, the rampage damage might be big, but there are a decent amount of counter plays you can pull off to avoid the damage.

I don’t understand you, this trait changes the rampage strenght. It’s a fact not an opinion.

It’s 30% more damage with full adrenaline bar and a lower cd.

Where is the feeling in this statement?

And no, u’re wrong. Forum suggestions aren’t useless. A lot of changes Anet did are because of our suggestions on this forum.

(edited by Phil.8901)

in PvP

lighter.2708

yea, forum suggestions are only useful when it’s based on standing argument with an overall balance of the current game in mind. which you have non..

btw

People will always complain.

For me it’s the best meta this game has ever had, probably people forgot the hambow/spirit ranger/guardian bunker/thief god s/D or necro dhuumfire + spirit ranger.

Or decap engi days, engi turret days etc.

What do u want, only zerk amulet? Fine, give to every class teleport stealth and super nice mobility and i’m ok with that.

and good luck.

in PvP

Phil.8901

I don’t see what’s mean quoting a my old opinion about the old meta, in this topic.

But nvm, have fun in game.

If you’re talking about warrior can’t be viable, in this meta, without rampage, i say this change is not the only change anet should make to the actual meta (like i said in a previous reply)

Burning and mesmer need some change for sure.

But this topic is only for rampage + trait, there are other topics for burning, mesmer etc.

(edited by Phil.8901)

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

What?

I dont want to see it nerfed because alot of average players dont know what to do with it. I have a handful of people on my friends list and guild who see rampage warriors on a regular and they beat them all the time.

I myself main in warrior and have used rampage before the cele meta and i have no problem facing other rampage warriors. I have gotten into literal fights where i didnt hit the mesmer once even when i did the condi immune stance.

Lets run threw the list of counter players moa engy and mesmer can immediately remove your rampage.(a elite skill) The plague on necro constant blinds, any ele traited for burns to blind, guardians who play blinds or blocks, (so offensive and defensive) elite level thieves arent trying to fight on the point any ways just win the fight.

Lets add that 4/5 attacks are melee so if you stand outside the circle they have to come after you. So they cant cap and you get the L2P which i said earlier. If we are to nerf classes because 1 person( you named him) then every class would be nerfed.

There is literally a forum topic saying i watch this certain player and hes too good nerf engys. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ive seen that exact same forum post about thieves cause the abjured thief is better then other thiefs. Seriously that is all your saying in your post, “bad players suck against ramapge so its needs nerfed” “burns need nerf since i dont like running condi removal”

I personally think mesmers need a slight change and burns need the smallest of dmg reduction and i rampage is fine. You named 3 things and to me only 1 is a real problem. When the most average of mesmers making me ask mick to cut me thats the only problem i see atm.

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

Phil.8901

Ok, thx for sharing your thought

Move on

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The damage isnt so bad, I mean, on a full zerker class it is two whole hits to drop you -_-u (assuming full hp). The real problem is the rate in which you can use Rampage. Every 120s traited? Warriors will pop it on first encounter at mid. Clean up shop there. Then by the time the teams are rallied for the next big fight, Rampage comes out again. It’s a never ending cycle of Rampage madness D:

in PvP

Posted by: Alhadin.4032

Alhadin.4032

What?

I dont want to see it nerfed because alot of average players dont know what to do with it. I have a handful of people on my friends list and guild who see rampage warriors on a regular and they beat them all the time.

I myself main in warrior and have used rampage before the cele meta and i have no problem facing other rampage warriors. I have gotten into literal fights where i didnt hit the mesmer once even when i did the condi immune stance.

Lets run threw the list of counter players moa engy and mesmer can immediately remove your rampage.(a elite skill) The plague on necro constant blinds, any ele traited for burns to blind, guardians who play blinds or blocks, (so offensive and defensive) elite level thieves arent trying to fight on the point any ways just win the fight.

Lets add that 4/5 attacks are melee so if you stand outside the circle they have to come after you. So they cant cap and you get the L2P which i said earlier. If we are to nerf classes because 1 person( you named him) then every class would be nerfed.

There is literally a forum topic saying i watch this certain player and hes too good nerf engys. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ive seen that exact same forum post about thieves cause the abjured thief is better then other thiefs. Seriously that is all your saying in your post, “bad players suck against ramapge so its needs nerfed” “burns need nerf since i dont like running condi removal”

I personally think mesmers need a slight change and burns need the smallest of dmg reduction and i rampage is fine. You named 3 things and to me only 1 is a real problem. When the most average of mesmers making me ask mick to cut me thats the only problem i see atm.

No he has not go to you, he caps thekitten#8230;g point if you stand outside the circle so he WIN. Rampage is ok as it is, but not with the trait.

in PvP

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

Rampage is extremely broken and anyone defending it just likes being OP. The combination of quickness, peak performance, the 20% burst damage trait and berserker stance put it way out of line. I think if they want to keep it as is, at the very least the duration should be significantly reduced.

Rantev [Warrior]

(edited by Vegito.3048)

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I suppose the devs need some motivation to nerf Rampage quicker….

pretend that the skill is a Necromancer!

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

pretend that the skill is a Necromancer!

Better nurf chill.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

What?

No he has not go to you, he caps thekitten..g point if you stand outside the circle so he WIN. Rampage is ok as it is, but not with the trait.

hahaha wait timeout are you telling me that a warrior in rampage is standing in the circle letting you drop what ever you want on him so he can cap for what 3 sec? If im on my necro,ele,mesmer,ranger im laughing at this guy because the 2nd his rampage wears off hes dead.

You do realize you can stack condi on him when hes in rampage? if he used this utility skill and rampage and hes just sitting in the cap point while you get to auto attack and prepare a burst you still cant win? This guy has used his best utility skill and elite skill to cap a point instead of winning a fight in your comment and you seriously cant kill him when he pops out of ramapge?

You need to L2P

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Rampage is extremely broken and anyone defending it just likes being OP. The combination of quickness, peak performance, the 20% burst damage trait and berserker stance put it way out of line. I think if they want to keep it as is, at the very least the duration should be significantly reduced.

yes cause 20 sec is insane

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

no, this is working as intended, dun change it.

I honestly came here looking for you just to see if you’re still defending obviously broken warrior things instead of getting good at the game. 10/10 would read again

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

increase CD by 20sec and make it so stances dont carry into rampage. maybe a 5-10% dmg reduction. that’s all the changes it needs. it’s so telegraphed you are just bad or caught at an unlucky time if you get owned by a zerker warrior with rampage. if the warrior isn’t zerk with strength he won’t be able to 2shot, or even 5shot you so why the QQ?

warrior is the most telegraphed class and suffers for this heavily in high level play. if. you want to nerf the crap out of the slow motion action movie rampage it can’t still be slow, make it fast like Bruce Lee.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

There would be no point to using rampage if you made it weaker. Now that stability is on a count its not as good for team fights. If you made it so you couldnt use stances with it any condi character could take it down in seconds since it doesnt have condi removal. Reducing its dmg would make it so non zerk builds would never use it.

So all in all warriors cant use boons like any other class, cant steal boons, cant apply condi the way other classes can and now wish to destroy its elite completely. I guess we all should just use signet of rage with shouts and have every warrior go back to shout bow. If you made the warriors attacks the new thread would pop on warrior hate.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

There would be no point to using rampage if you made it weaker. Now that stability is on a count its not as good for team fights. If you made it so you couldnt use stances with it any condi character could take it down in seconds since it doesnt have condi removal. Reducing its dmg would make it so non zerk builds would never use it.

So all in all warriors cant use boons like any other class, cant steal boons, cant apply condi the way other classes can and now wish to destroy its elite completely. I guess we all should just use signet of rage with shouts and have every warrior go back to shout bow. If you made the warriors attacks the new thread would pop on warrior hate.

necros don’t get spectral skills in lich or plauge so it seems fair. however any dps nerf bigger than a small shave ruins the point of the skill. it needs to do more damage than a zerk warrior when in zerk because what’s the point if it doesn’t? literally why pop a ‘super mode’ skill if there is no noticeable damage increase? signet of rage give a decent damage increase already.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

necros don’t get spectral skills in lich or plauge so it seems fair. however any dps nerf bigger than a small shave ruins the point of the skill. it needs to do more damage than a zerk warrior when in zerk because what’s the point if it doesn’t? literally why pop a ‘super mode’ skill if there is no noticeable damage increase? signet of rage give a decent damage increase already.

necros get a 2nd life bar and staff is all ground targets pulsing dmg. Not to mention plague is the literal counter to ramapage. Blinds and does condi dmg to a elite skill that does dps and dps reduciton.

Also in the necro trait line now it gets condi transfer as well as the big damage red elite trait. The only class that has a hey its not fair is ranger, necro isnt even at the little kid table.

in PvP

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

I still think the duration should be reduced to 15 seconds, make the skill less of an “I-win” button and more of a Concentrated Burst. Currently, 20 seconds allows Warriors in Rampage to make more mistakes than they should realistically be allowed (Such as missing a Seismic Stomp) which in turn makes this skill look more dangerous than it is.

Another thing I dislike is that unlike Lich Form, which can be neutralized with projectile defense/reflection AND Blind, Rampage cannot be as easily stopped with Soft CC like Cripple and Chill because of the Swiftness and resistance to Chill/Cripple/Immobilize (Which, paired with Dogged March, is a bit too much IMO). Either the Swiftness or the Resistance should go, but not both.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I dunno, I’m really enjoying the game in the current state with all these really strong abilities. I barely play warrior and have only had chance to use it a few times in WvW, had it used on me a few times though. It’s extremely strong but fun to watch.

It’s fun, sucks if you get wrecked by it but this game is actually kinda fun after spending months in this mediocre mess of everything fun nerfed into the mud.

in PvP

Posted by: Alhadin.4032

Alhadin.4032

What?

No he has not go to you, he caps thekitten..g point if you stand outside the circle so he WIN. Rampage is ok as it is, but not with the trait.

hahaha wait timeout are you telling me that a warrior in rampage is standing in the circle letting you drop what ever you want on him so he can cap for what 3 sec? If im on my necro,ele,mesmer,ranger im laughing at this guy because the 2nd his rampage wears off hes dead.

You do realize you can stack condi on him when hes in rampage? if he used this utility skill and rampage and hes just sitting in the cap point while you get to auto attack and prepare a burst you still cant win? This guy has used his best utility skill and elite skill to cap a point instead of winning a fight in your comment and you seriously cant kill him when he pops out of ramapge?

You need to L2P

Do you even play this game? Do you know what is decap and cap point? How long it takes to decap and cap?

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

I agree, before the patch rampage was good with damage, utility and cc but this trait makes it a really too strong right now.

And yes, at the same time burning, mesmer and Ele need some tweaks.

in PvP

Posted by: MadCat.9172

MadCat.9172

Just played a match vs a Rompage war. Each time he used that skill, the game became hide and seek, i tried to hide around and he stormed everything in his sight which is imo kitten.
But it’s 1 vs 1 and he’s a noob war. A decent war will cc you first then pop Rompage then keep cc you to dead. I havent had a chance to wake my char up.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

it’s a 150cd elite ( 120 with trait ),it’s supposed to hurt.Besides there’s lots of hardcounters from which blind being the strongest.Then you still got your utils and invulnerability’s,you can still take distance,or port,stealth away.Then you got engi’s that can destroy rampage with moa,and mesmers able to do the same or easily outkite it while applying blind when needed.Then you got necs who can pop plague and spamm 2…etc.Please learn to counter it and avoid it’s spikes instead,youre not supposed to fight it head on,so don’t.
Besides if you noticed they used their utils right before they popped rampage,you know that in 20 sec time theyre completely naked.

Besides,i;m not denying the fact that rampage is strong,but most of you act llike there is zip counter to it,while there really is.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)