Scrapper's Survivability

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Scrappers seem to have too many survivability tools… They have a trait that triggers at 25% hp giving them invulnerability for around 3-4 seconds, multiple ways to heal, speed, etc… Does anyone else feel the same way?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: MetalJacket.2307

MetalJacket.2307

not only that but they have skills that are better than warriors. Just 1 example is Elixir U, is better than Frenzy and could be made with shorter cool down (Elixir B as well combines 1 warrior skill and a trait with longer last time in retaliation). They wanna talk balance in this game maybe they need to fix these type of things.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

They have so much sustain and high damage combine with the hammer.

Dev do something

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

This is their plan with “cyclical balance” – this season is the season of the medium-armor classes, while warrior, ele, and mes sit on the bench. Next season someone else will be on the bench (although I don’t have much faith in ANet’s ability to balance warr/ele/mes, they will probably just reintroduce cele or something and call everything ok).

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Wait Are you talking about the alchemy trait that makes you drink an elixr S when at 25% health? That’s really funny I actually pointed that out as being one of the worst traits. Thing always bloody triggers just as I’m about to put my last couple of hits on someone, Or when you’ve just been hit by a bunch of condis and so for 5 seconds you can’t cleanse them.

Have to say I totally agree with you, please have them take that bloody trait and give the engi something decent. That things a fricken death trap.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Engi is completely dependent on how much condi is in the meta. Necro is a hard counter for engi

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

shion.2084

Necro is a problem since engi’s rely on boons quite a bit. We can take moderate condis if we build for it.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

not only that but they have skills that are better than warriors. Just 1 example is Elixir U, is better than Frenzy and could be made with shorter cool down (Elixir B as well combines 1 warrior skill and a trait with longer last time in retaliation). They wanna talk balance in this game maybe they need to fix these type of things.

Engineer has stronger utility skills and a stronger core mechanic (toolbelt) as compensation for not having a weapon swap.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

lol the hammer alone is a better kit than, warrior with 3-4 weapons and fast hands.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Engineer has stronger utility skills and a stronger core mechanic (toolbelt) as compensation for not having a weapon swap.

this.

the outrage from people at the class with no weapon swap getting strong well rounded weapons is innane. the class is theoretically supposed to be able to work without kits, so they gotta be good.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

This is their plan with “cyclical balance” – this season is the season of the medium-armor classes, while warrior, ele, and mes sit on the bench. Next season someone else will be on the bench (although I don’t have much faith in ANet’s ability to balance warr/ele/mes, they will probably just reintroduce cele or something and call everything ok).

Which I absolutely don’t want to see back as an Elementalist main. Let celestial amulet rot.

Alerie Despins

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

My guess is that warriors could have engineer’s sustain because engies have enough gimmicks to keep themselves alive.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

To fix eng, imho, just remove “Self-Regulating Defense” trait.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Scrappers seem to have too many survivability tools… They have a trait that triggers at 25% hp giving them invulnerability for around 3-4 seconds, multiple ways to heal, speed, etc… Does anyone else feel the same way?

- They are now too good against Conditions (adaptive armor, cleansing synergy, alchemical tinctures, transmute….)
- They have no problem against power-pressure either (tons of evades/blocks THAT DEAL DMG while completely negating the DMG taken, high enough vita/toughness, adaptive armor)
- They have no problem against spiked dmg (multiple stunbreakers, blocks, evades)

Then Add that the numbers for certain heals are simply too high, like rapid regen and the +250 healing power you get from energy amplifier and Engi is the new meta and completely pushes Ele out of it.

I can go full-tank/sustain mode with heavily defensive traits and runes on Ele and still be nowhere near as tanky as an Engi that can even comfortably run offensive runes, even though he deals much more DMG than Ele anyways.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: jebro.6370

jebro.6370

I feel like they mentioned engie in the post saying they are continuing to look at its survivability.

Nerfed Sneak gyro, Nerfed protection on heal, nerfed our automated medical response, they aren’t as survivable as they were by a long shot.

Most are running scrapper runes as well, at least on EU to grab extra toughness. Some engies well I am atm running menders which means a lot of heals from Superspeed and healing turret etc. So theres its survival, watch out for usage of superspeed and the turret and youre away after that :P

I feel like engie is getting little nerfs correctly right now and isnt being destroyed into oblivion.

The above comment regarding ele, whats a tank? A tank sustains the damage, the ele build/role youre likely playing is a healer/support. Comparing an engie to an ele in that regard doesnt feel right :P.

Its not about engie being tooo strong in this case but bringing warrior etc more in line whilst scraping off tiny bits of engie survivability.

Apologies for spelling, written on me phone and have jet lag xD

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

shion.2084

I feel like they mentioned engie in the post saying they are continuing to look at its survivability.

Nerfed Sneak gyro, Nerfed protection on heal, nerfed our automated medical response, they aren’t as survivable as they were by a long shot.

Most are running scrapper runes as well, at least on EU to grab extra toughness. Some engies well I am atm running menders which means a lot of heals from Superspeed and healing turret etc. So theres its survival, watch out for usage of superspeed and the turret and youre away after that :P

I feel like engie is getting little nerfs correctly right now and isnt being destroyed into oblivion.

The above comment regarding ele, whats a tank? A tank sustains the damage, the ele build/role youre likely playing is a healer/support. Comparing an engie to an ele in that regard doesnt feel right :P.

Its not about engie being tooo strong in this case but bringing warrior etc more in line whilst scraping off tiny bits of engie survivability.

Agree with this poster. I will add, the survivability of the two metas pre-patch were both impacted by the patch.

They relied on cele for one of the metas, and durability rune for the other meta. They litterally picked a key element from the two metas we had and removed them. That has a direct impact on survivability and ability to be a “scrapper”. Now engineers are kind of being forced to toughness runes. (Or I’ve been eyeing that vitality that gives bonuses to other traits rune too…)

Currently I’m running with the engineers rune and mercenary build. I’ll give a closer eye to scrapper, but point is you can’t run fun things like strength anymore and hope to be a scrapper. We’re right on the edge of not being able to get into a big meele on point anymore in a multi vs multi fight. If you want a scrapper to be a scrapper it has to be able to stand on point, otherwise its back to power rifles if any more survivability disappears.

Because I’m using toughness I actually don’t run with the healing trait in scrapper but rather the one that converts toughness to power. I don’t find I’m getting much healing out of the heal trait so don’t use it as it is. I’m probably just an average player though so maybe the pro’s find better use for it.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

I’ve played D/D-Ele as a roamer in the last season almost exclusively up to Leg X2 and I built it very tanky (cele amu, earth/water/tempest and durability runes). I was able to hold out against every class and only really got decapped by Ranger. The DMG/stustain was high enough to win against non-1v1 builds and glasscannons. The build did fine in teamfights, but it wasn’t really a support like a Staff-Ele or Bunker-Guard would be.

And no, Scrapper didn’t get buffs, but he didn’t receive huge nerfs and the change in Amu’s doesn’t affect him nearly as much as for example Ele, which relies so heavily on having healing power, vita AND toughness for a “sustainy” build. Even druid lost more due to cele being removed IMHO than Scrapper; that’s why scrapper can suddenly be too survivable without getting any substantial buffs.

I don’t really care about whether they nerf scrapper or buff other classes though or if they wanna bring down his survival or his dps, it just seems that Scrapper is now comfortably on top of the meta.

Not mad about it or anything, too early to be salty I guess, just sayin’. :P

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

You start by nerfing passive procs (which were mentioned in a long thread a while ago). Engie relies too much on it. IP, Protection Injection, Self-regulating defenses, Adaptive Armor. Not to mention 3/5 Hammer skills are defensive in nature will putting out significant damage.

Biggest thing across all professions, NERF/REMOVE passive procs!

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Not to mention 3/5 Hammer skills are defensive in nature will putting out significant damage.

I have a much bigger problem with these than with some passive procs. ANet really messed up big on the balance of many of the skills that are defensive, but also offensive:

- Sword 3 on rev
- Hammer (2), 3 and 4 on Scrapper

Just compare those skills to what we had before in terms of blocks/evades, like Shield block on War or Gear Shield on Engi. The most similar skill to those was Sword 2 on Mesmer, but the Mesmer was at least rooted during it.

They also promote bad play and make it really easy to be offensive: Nothing can really punish you for using those skills.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Not to mention 3/5 Hammer skills are defensive in nature will putting out significant damage.

I have a much bigger problem with these than with some passive procs. ANet really messed up big on the balance of many of the skills that are defensive, but also offensive:

- Sword 3 on rev

Just compare those skills to what we had before in terms of blocks/evades, like Shield block on War or Gear Shield on Engi. The most similar skill to those was Sword 2 on Mesmer, but the Mesmer was at least rooted during it.

They also promote bad play and make it really easy to be offensive: Nothing can really punish you for using those skills.

I have a bigger problem with strong passive procs more than anything but I see value in your assessment.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

shion.2084

- Sword 3 on rev

I have a bigger problem with strong passive procs more than anything but I see value in your assessment.

So if the toughness enhancement was an innate property of the specialization you’d be ok with it, as opposed to if it stacks with hits? The stacking with hits allows you to burst gank the scrapper. I’m not sure how it’s being a passive proc vs. just a feature like the armour of heavy classes or higher base toughness/vitality bonuses of some professions would make this more preferable?

In all this passive hate, I would argue that the most passive things are simply the base stats that a class is given right? So the whole game is founded on passive defences for some classes being better than others.

I would argue the passive behavior of the adaptive armour is kind of genius. You see to have the engineer alter it’s entire role and playstyle to fit a scrapper mentality it has to share properties with a heavy. But you probably don’t want to just give it base stats that let it play in this field… so you give it a bonus that lets it get into the think of 3v3 or whatever have you predicated on the assumption that it will be hit alot and then it derserves the bonus to stack quick. In a 1v1 the build up is slower and the protection can be ramped up by about the time you’ve already lost to some of the bigger hits. This seems like a far better balance idea when you consider in some respects.

(edited by shion.2084)

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

- They are now too good against Conditions (adaptive armor, cleansing synergy, alchemical tinctures, transmute….)

Engis are only OK against condi not strong. I would argue its in a good position vs condi. Engi’s defence against conditions is very active, more than other classes which promotes more skillful play.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Here are some nerfs I think engi should get:

double the icd of protection injection and invigorating speed
put self regulating defenses on a 90sec icd
halve the superspeeds regen part from rapid regeneration
eliminate healing turrets and bunker downs perma regen

These imo would help bring scrapper in line with the rest of the lesser classes.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

When I see people post their assesments of Engi and what nerfs it needs, I get the feeling they don’t really get how Engi works.

Such as someone saying, THEY HAVE A TON OF EVADES AND BLOCKS!…..um…..the typical scrapper build has 1 extra evade skill (hammer 3, which recently got a shave) and 1 block skill (hammer 4).

So while I agree that Scrapper still needs to be toned down (along with herald, reaper, and druid), I can’t help but not take you guys seriously or trust your idea of “balance” when you make silly exagerrations, list off skills/traits that aren’t even being used (as if we could fit them all into 1 viable build anyways), or throw out crazy nerf ideas that are over the top and would nerf core Engi just cause Scrapper is doing well (sounds like Anet’s style of nerfing cough turrets cough).

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Problem is when people ask to nerf scrapper survivability, interesting enough, they point out for a core trait line, alchemy. So they aren’t really asking for scrapper nerf, but an engineer nerf.

I’d rather anet worked on scrapper only and leave the core traits alone. As of now, engi still have a chance against elite specs, nerf that and will be another core gone into oblivion along with the others.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I am really happy that many of you people are not Devs and in charge of the balance of this game.

I also agree that Scrapper is a little too good but they are still not worse than Reapers.
Also about hammer 3 skill is not just an invincible + Damage skill, once you have pressed 3 you will jump 3 times against your target and can’t interrupt yourself so jumping right in to a DH trap or other damaging skills is pretty common and the evade is not during the whole skill animation but only during the leap, between the leaps you are standing still for about ½seconds and can’t do anything about it.

I have been fighting so many thieves that I have learned to know when to attack and when to block, it’s about to get your CC and high-hitting skills in.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Here are some nerfs I think engi should get:

double the icd of protection injection and invigorating speed
put self regulating defenses on a 90sec icd
halve the superspeeds regen part from rapid regeneration
eliminate healing turrets and bunker downs perma regen

These imo would help bring scrapper in line with the rest of the lesser classes.

Extremely bad set of changes, besides the superspeed “regeneration” nerf, as this would simply kill the core engineer for anything else than pve.

NOTE: Almost nobody is playing the core engineer in spvp or WvWvW. People are playing scrapper and almost everybody is using the hammer. If you nerf the sustain the core engineer, even more engineers are pigeon holed to take the scrapper specialization to get the extra survivability.

The biggest problem of the engineer (talking from view point of engineer main are):

1. Hammer still offers too much (good dps, might stacking, evade + whirl finisher, block, 1200 ranged AoE stun, triple leap finisher and lightining field). At worst some skills do good damage and offer powerful utility at same time. I feel that warrior’s hammer is more balanced. It excels in one thing: CC, but doesn’t offer high DPS nor any blocks or evades or much mobility. Either the abilities need some shaving or their CDs need considerable increase.

2. The healing from rapid regeneration scrapper line trait with superspeed is too high and it stacks with real regeneration (which is much weaker).

3. Some of the skills are still underpowered, because they are too niche usage for the cooldown they have e.g. gadgets outside slick shoes could see some love. Many traits are still underpowered e.g. health insurance, soothing detonation and stimulant supplier (weak for GM and HGH sits in same spots). Medkit #1 is still a bad joke with it’s narrow cone, which can miss allies just next to you, and medkit #2-5 activate too slow and are clunky to use. I really never understood why medkit #1 and soothing detonation don’t affect the engineer himself and why medkit #1 isn’t a weak 360 degree 600 AoE heal, which affects the engineer as well. The current state just makes them utterly useless. Turrets are useless except for healing turret, which is the best general heal. Engineer is still also the ONLY profession lacking 1200 range weapon underwater (harpoon gun is just 1000 and it has the slowest auto attack in the game, grenades and elixir gun range was nerfed already long time ago).

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I truly have an issue with the Hammer trait granting another source of passive stability. If one thing was positive about fighting against scrapper was the controlled source of stability limited to Elixir B.

Alerie Despins

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

1. Hammer still offers too much (good dps, might stacking, evade, block, 1200 ranged AoE stun, triple leap finisher, blast finisher and lightining field). At worst some skills do good damage and offer powerful utility at same time. I feel that warrior’s hammer is more balanced. It excels in one thing: CC, but doesn’t offer high DPS nor any blocks or evades or much mobility. Either the abilities need some shaving or their CDs need considerable increase.

Engi is medium armor compared to high armor warrior hammer being a melee weapon needs the defensive traits on CDs that are not to long to survive. Perhaps shave the damage.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

BlackBeard.2873

You start by nerfing passive procs (which were mentioned in a long thread a while ago). Engie relies too much on it. IP, Protection Injection, Self-regulating defenses, Adaptive Armor. Not to mention 3/5 Hammer skills are defensive in nature will putting out significant damage.

Biggest thing across all professions, NERF/REMOVE passive procs!

Agreed, passives have led to over-the-top defense and offense, and the overall power-creep is ruining the game.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

BlackBeard.2873

1. Hammer still offers too much (good dps, might stacking, evade, block, 1200 ranged AoE stun, triple leap finisher, blast finisher and lightining field). At worst some skills do good damage and offer powerful utility at same time. I feel that warrior’s hammer is more balanced. It excels in one thing: CC, but doesn’t offer high DPS nor any blocks or evades or much mobility. Either the abilities need some shaving or their CDs need considerable increase.

Engi is medium armor compared to high armor warrior hammer being a melee weapon needs the defensive traits on CDs that are not to long to survive. Perhaps shave the damage.

Difference between medium armor and heavy armor is 150 toughness, adaptive armor gives you 300 toughness, making you tankier than a warrior. According to your logic, warrior should have lower CD’s.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Scrappers have more sustain, durability, utility, damage and CC than the old cele D/D ele meta… with MARAUDER amulet. You know something is seriously wrong when something like this happens. I don’t know how they’ve been avoiding the nerf bat this long.

Power Heralds have comparable sustain on marauder’s as well. Oh well.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

The next thing they should look at are probably the hammer power coefficients and/or CDs and the rapid regeneration trait.

If it was up to me I would:
- increase the CD of hammer abilities to 10, 15, 25 and 30 respectively and add a CD reduction to the hammer trait
- reduce the power coefficients on hammer abilities by somewhat just to bring it in line with other classes.
- reduce the healing values of rapid regeneration by 50% and increase its scaling from healing power

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I wonder why people keep comparing engineer’s hammer with other weapons.
Other classes’ weapons are balanced over using two weapon sets.
Engineers have only one at their disposal, by default. So either it does more than what some other classes’ weapon does, or it wouldn’t be able to keep up.
If it has to be balanced like other classes’ weapons, then engineers should get that second weapon set everybody else has (apart from elementalists, of course).

And given that the usual replies are “but the toolbelt” and “kits”:
1) Engineers aren’t the only class with F skills. Guardians get three signet-like skill without having to give up that second weapon slot, for example. And toolbelt skills are balanced together with their utility one, anyway (see elixir R, whose utility skill is mediocre at best to make up for the good toolbelt).
2) Kits are optional. Arguing that engineers lack that second weapon set due to kit would be nonsensical. Following that same line of reasoning, for example, warriors should have base stats reduced and a constant hp degen just because they can potentially slot banners and healing signet to make up for it. Obviously it isn’t like that, as that would be crazy and no one would argue otherwise. So don’t try that argument.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Chokolata.1870

@Manuhunell:

Even before the hammer, engi could only use 1 weapon set and it was still solid and in the meta most of the time. There is no problem if some of the skills on engineer weapons are pretty versatile, but it is another mater entirely if the weapon is way too dominant both compared to other classes weapon sets and the engineer weapon sets as well.

The hammer is simply too good at the moment.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

@Manuhunell:

Even before the hammer, engi could only use 1 weapon set and it was still solid and in the meta most of the time. There is no problem if some of the skills on engineer weapons are pretty versatile, but it is another mater entirely if the weapon is way too dominant both compared to other classes weapon sets and the engineer weapon sets as well.

rifle is still great. i would, and do use it over hammer in a number of situations.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

nothing but whiny qqers who couldnt get a free win in this thread

no one even explains what the supposed problem is because they clearly dint even bother trying to learn about the profession they fight against

and the little arguments they used works against them

engi has elixir U engi has elixir S

All professions have a form of invulnerability and warriors should be the last to complain they have invuln on 25% hp an invuln utility both wich do not lock skill bars like engineer’s warriors also get condition imunity stance warriors have higher base damage and damage scaling and their atatcks are instant damage unlike engineer’s channeled damage skills

stop running YOLO SERK and you might learn a thing or two

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

mrauls.6519

no one even explains what the supposed problem is because they clearly dint even bother trying to learn about the profession they fight against

All professions have a form of invulnerability and warriors should be the last to complain they have invuln on 25% hp an invuln utility both wich do not lock skill bars like engineer’s warriors also get condition imunity stance warriors have higher base damage and damage scaling and their atatcks are instant damage unlike engineer’s channeled damage skills

I feel like you must play engineer, and it’s okay. I understand why you reacted the way you did…

We have to be honest here. Engineers (Scrappers) have too much survivability. I’m all for skillful game play, and that is why I believe scrappers should get their survivability checked and toned down… I’m all for them being viable and having diverse builds

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

shion.2084

Difference between medium armor and heavy armor is 150 toughness, adaptive armor gives you 300 toughness, making you tankier than a warrior. According to your logic, warrior should have lower CD’s.

This is a little misleading, adaptive armor can also give you 0 toughness. Your missing some key components to the actual story here in trying to make a case. You only get 300 toughness if you manage to live that long.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

shion.2084

Scrappers have more sustain, durability, utility, damage and CC than the old cele D/D ele meta… with MARAUDER amulet. You know something is seriously wrong when something like this happens. I don’t know how they’ve been avoiding the nerf bat this long.

Power Heralds have comparable sustain on marauder’s as well. Oh well.

Can you provide substansive evidence of this, that an engineer will outperform in all of those categories simultaneously?

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

shion.2084

“1. Hammer still offers too much (good dps, might stacking, evade, block, 1200 ranged AoE stun, triple leap finisher, blast finisher and lightining field). At worst some skills do good damage and offer powerful utility at same time. I feel that warrior’s hammer is more balanced. It excels in one thing: CC, but doesn’t offer high DPS nor any blocks or evades or much mobility. Either the abilities need some shaving or their CDs need considerable increase.”

Ok I would argue that the might is pretty much totally useless, who has time to AA with that ridiculously slow hammer 3 times to get the might proc? There are far easier ways for an engineer to get might…. so if you wanted that sure take might if it will make you feel the hammer is fair. If you don’t think it matters then it obfuscates things for people whom don’t understand the engineer to say its a source of might on equal footing with some of the other attributes.

The “evade” locks you into an animation where you lose control of your character for quite a while. It also doesn’t evade the whole time and is open to counter play. You get condi damage when you accidentally get leaped into fields. It’s not like you can just pull a mesmer sword evade. We are talking about something very situational and which is used for its evade properties specifically almost none of the time.

And what is the hammers blast finisher? I honestly ask because I didn’t even realize we had one.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Rocket Charge can be cancelled by swapping to a kit and pressing the drop kit button. If you go off flying somewhere you didn’t want to, chances are it’s your own fault.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

shion.2084

@Manuhunell:

rifle is still great. i would, and do use it over hammer in a number of situations.

The problem is you can’t actually switch to it in those situations

With out the refelect and the block, imagine what a dragon hunter will do to you with that arrow shot. Or rangers. The rifle offers no protection aside from a CC that you might be able to fire off once. I’ve tried to go back but it’s pretty much non-viable unless you play an ambush from far build that is glass and goes down quickly. The problem is the best rifle skills do damage when your up close.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

shion.2084

Rocket Charge can be cancelled by swapping to a kit and pressing the drop kit button. If you go off flying somewhere you didn’t want to, chances are it’s your own fault.

Would the skill be acceptable if this was not an option? I’ve not realized you could cancel it, so you have to both swap the kit and press the drop kit button? I’ve tried just swapping kit, but that didn’t work for me.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

shion.2084

Would the skill be acceptable if this was not an option? I’ve not realized you could cancel it, so you have to both swap the kit and press the drop kit button? I’ve tried just swapping kit, but that didn’t work for me. (ala acid bomb cancel)

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Chokolata.1870

Heh, no one is saying that having lots of utility on the hammer is an issue, they are saying that both utility AND damage on low CD weapon skills is.

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

And what is the hammers blast finisher? I honestly ask because I didn’t even realize we had one.

That was my mistake. Hammer #2, electro whirl, has a whirl finisher and hammer #3 is of course leap finisher. I fixed my original article.

But I really stand by stance that hammer is one of the core reasons why scrapper is so powerful. Rifle has fallen out of fashion, because it is mostly single target, has much less utility than hammer and does also slightly smaller dps. Pistol/pistol is used mainly in pve due max DPS rotations and pistol/shield is really rare.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

I feel like you must play engineer, and it’s okay. I understand why you reacted the way you did…

We have to be honest here. Engineers (Scrappers) have too much survivability. I’m all for skillful game play, and that is why I believe scrappers should get their survivability checked and toned down… I’m all for them being viable and having diverse builds

as a matter of fact i play necro, engineer,revenant,warrior and thief

i have no problem fighting scrappers this is clearly a l2p issue or players just being lazy and wanting free kills

all scrappers have is a hammer how can you not predict their moves?

Scrappers have survivavility BECAUSE THEY RUN DEFENSIVE BUILDS unlike Warriors who can run berserk and still be bunker
scrappers run for the most part Paladin amulet , elixirs and inventions trait lines have a trait that applies weakness on daze and stun and an elixir gun that applies weakness on auto atatck , see your problem yet ? scrappers build anti duelists and anti bursters

Scrapper damage compared to warrior,mesmer,thief,guardian is mediocre , in order for scrapper damage to be optimal they have to land the full channeling duration of their attacks wich means that scrappers rely on team fights or players not carrying stun break to escape from slick shoes .

in case no one knows weakness shuts down crit chance by 50% and makes normal attacks have a 50% chance of dealing half damage as well as cuts endurance regeneration rate

so yes scrappers are usually built anti 1v1 power builds

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

mrauls.6519

Hello again Rezzet. 1v1 power builds will indeed have a hard time fighting a scrapper. This leads me to saying (once again) that scrappers have too much survivability. I feel 1v1 fights against a scrapper should be even and the winner should be determined based on skill.

ANet is obviously moving away from bunker gameplay, so I think scrappers’ current method of play needs to change as well. When you fight scrappers what profession is it normally as? I believe a lot of professions are currently struggling to kill scrappers. Necro being the only one that doesn’t seem to be

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Scrapper's Survivability

in PvP

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Self-Regulating Elixirs needs to go. It’s one of those “Passive Procs” that aren’t really connected to skillful play at all. Not to mention it can be punishing since Elixir S means you have 4s where you can’t cap, attack or anything else but running away.

Hammer should remain as it is, untouched. It’s got a few cracks in the supposed armor that can be easily capitalized on if you just learn how to fight Scrappers. Primarily, it’s the Long Activation Times (#2 and #5) and Animation Lockdown (#3, also it only evades during the leaps. Hit them as they hit you and CC them out of it). A carefully placed Headshot from a Thief, Glyph of Equality from a Druid or Diversion from a Mesmer will pull a Scrapper straight out of their stride.

The reason Scrapper feels so powerful right now is because they’re a Bruiser-style Profession. They shine in fights against Glass Cannons the likes of Daredevils and Dragonhunters who rely heavily on bursting down enemies quickly. It’s the same reason Druids are still around, because they’re also Bruisers that mix Damage with Sustain.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |