Sigil Update

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Could sigils be made to do things in %? For example, boon removal could be like 25% of all boons? For example, target with 5 boons would only get removed 1, while a target with 7 boons would get removed 2 boons from them.
Could work the same with conditions and numbers could OFC be tweaked.

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: charchar.2149

charchar.2149

I feel like sigils are solid at this point.

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: PaladinVII.1647

PaladinVII.1647

My suggestions:

1. If these changes are going to affect the other gametypes (WvW, PvE, Raid) as I suspect they are, this post should be moved from the sPvP forum to the general forum for general public review and commentary. A post of this importance does not belong in a focused forum.

2. Post a preview of changes before releasing them. Allow time for the community to digest the preview and respond. Then make any changes based on community feedback, and then release your changes. We have a very vague and limited idea what your goals are, from what you have said; as such, the feedback we can provide without a full preview is limited.

3. Make any changes to sigils split from other gametypes for a period of time. Have the changes restricted to sPvP (where it is free to change equipment) before introducing it into the live world where people will have to make potentially costly changes to their characters.

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

2. Post a preview of changes before releasing them. Allow time for the community to digest the preview and respond.

100x this!

In the past, giving the community a few weeks preview allowed for constructive feedback and a better overall game.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

My suggestions:

1. If these changes are going to affect the other gametypes (WvW, PvE, Raid) as I suspect they are, this post should be moved from the sPvP forum to the general forum for general public review and commentary. A post of this importance does not belong in a focused forum.

2. Post a preview of changes before releasing them. Allow time for the community to digest the preview and respond. Then make any changes based on community feedback, and then release your changes. We have a very vague and limited idea what your goals are, from what you have said; as such, the feedback we can provide without a full preview is limited.

3. Make any changes to sigils split from other gametypes for a period of time. Have the changes restricted to sPvP (where it is free to change equipment) before introducing it into the live world where people will have to make potentially costly changes to their characters.

They have only stated an interest in changing sigils for this gamemode specifically to address the goals stated in the OP. Until stated otherwise, there seems little to suggest any changes would apply across the game types especially considering the disparate balance needs/goals.

Even with a full preview our feedback would be extremely limited considering (1) the inability to experiment in-game, (2) the community’s aversion to any kind of change, and (3) the diversity of opinion on how the game should play. We need look no further than this thread for examples. Opportunity for feedback is certainly ideal, but some degree of trust in developer vision and responsive iterative adjustments will be necessary for any kind of major change like this.

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

add Sigil of Cruelty – grouch was about to add it.
Blight = please
the whirlwind sigil that creates a whirlwind on whirl finisher + blast one too.

add mischief

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I’d like to see more supportive sigils, or at least more useful support sigils. Currently, there’s really only transference, water, and renewal for support, and the only really decent one there is transference and maybe renewal. I’d really like to see water get some buffs, since its effect is quite interesting but weak.

Maybe a sigil which removes conditions on allies but not the user? Supportive boon-based sigils would be nice too. Maybe something like sigil of water but with a short duration of specific boons instead of healing?

Sigil of Rage could probably use some reworking.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Again, reduce stealth from upgrades. It’s excessive and annoying. thieves stealth.. or at least that was there province.

Mesmerising Girl

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: nicodemus.3812

nicodemus.3812

On kill sigil change— now each hit grants a stack of the effect (ie +10 power for bloolust) and stacks up to 5 times and lasts 5 secs with each hit refreshing duration of stack.

Sigil of air,blood,fire,torment,earth,doom now grant a stack similar to leeching every “x” secs that doesnt stack the other sigils( ie can only use one of these sigils)

Remove amulets with expertise and add sigils for increased condi duration for confusion and torment, so the only way to increase dmg condi duration is traits,sigils, and runes

Sigil of energy now grants “x” secs if vigor

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

First: You want a buff to be present on a user’s buff bar when they have a sigil ready to activate. This is very important so your opponents know what you have available and so you know what you have available.

So there are a lot of great opportunities to improve sigil desirability here, but I want to keep the “on critical hit” sigils still requiring a critical hit to reward having precision on one’s build. The goal here would be to make the effect result from every critical, but (in some cases) have reduced effect such that it maintains similar overall efficacy. Sigil of Air could probably do with having lower damage, but applying 100% of the time when off cooldown. Example:

Current Sigil of Earth
60% Chance on Critical: Inflict Bleeding (5 seconds) (Cooldown: 2 seconds)
Proposed Sigil of Earth
On Critical: Inflict Bleeding (5 seconds) (Cooldown: 2 seconds)

Chance on hit sigils, however, should always fire on next hit when they are off CD. No RNG involved. Example:

Current Sigil of Frailty
50% Chance Hit: Vulnerability (10 seconds) (Cooldown: 2s)

Proposed Sigil of Frailty
On Hit: Vulnerability (10 seconds) (Cooldown: 2s)

Condition duration sigils are very weak overall. No one runs them over much stronger sigils, and while they’re niche they should reward their niche when used.

Current Condition Duration Sigils
+20% Specific Condition Duration

Proposed Condition Duration Sigils
+33% Specific Condition Duration

On interrupt sigils are great for play and counterplay, but realistically don’t have nearly enough impact to actually sway a fight in favor of someone who successfully lands an interrupt. I would recommend improving the effects for them across the board by a solid percent.

I think that on kill sigils are silly, and either are completely unusable or extremely strong. While they reward good gameplay (not going down), they also largely feel underutilized. I feel like most of these could be made Below are some suggestions for how to make these more usable. Note that these are just ideas and the numbers are merely suggestions.

Sigil of Luck
Gain a random boon every 10 seconds
Sigil of Restoration
On Critical: You’re Healed (~400hp) (Cooldown: 10 seconds)
Sigil of Speed
Gain 5 seconds of swiftness every 10 seconds
Sigil of Stamina
Gain 20 endurance back whenever you dodge
Sigil of Benevolence
Gain +20% outgoing healing effectiveness on weapon swap (7 seconds) (Cooldown: 9 seconds)
Sigil of Bloodlust
Gain 5 stacks when you kill something. +10 Power per stack
Sigil of Celerity
On Critical: Gain Quickness (2 seconds) (Cooldown: 12 seconds)
Sigil of Corruption
On Critical: Corrupt a Boon (Cooldown: 10 seconds)
Sigil of Cruelty
Gain +10% critical damage
Sigil of Demon Summoning
On Critical: Summon a Fleshreaver (30 seconds) (Cooldown: 60 seconds)
Sigil of Life
You’re healed by 50% when you kill something. (Cooldown: 60 seconds)
Sigil of Momentum
On Critical: Gain Protection (2 seconds) (Cooldown: 10 seconds)
Sigil of Perception
Removes blind the next time it is applied to you (Cooldown: 5 seconds)

yes this please

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

I’ma just throw up some suggestions.

Sigil of Air (PvP)
Build charges when you hit an enemy with an attack. At 5 charges, your next Attack summons a Bolt of lightning to strike them. ICD: 3s

Sigil of Fire (PvP)
Build charges when you hit an enemy with an attack. At 5 charges, your next Attack causes an explosion to erupt around the enemy. ICD: 5s

Sigil of Blood (PvP)
Build charges when you hit an enemy with an attack. At 5 charges, your next Attack Steals Health from the enemy. ICD: 5s

Notes: While the ICD is in effect, no stacks can be built with these Sigils. The additional Effect also now triggers regardless of wether the fifth attack hits or misses its target, meaning it can be blocked or evaded.

Sigil of Bloodlust (PvP)
You deal 10% more Damage and Condition Damage for 3s after swapping weapons while in Combat. ICD: 9s.

Sigil of Ferocity (PvP)
Critical Hits deal 20% more Damage for 3s after swapping weapons while in Combat. ICD: 9s.

Sigil of Momentum (PvP)
You take 10% less Damage and Condition Damage for 3s after swapping weapons while in Combat. ICD: 9s.

Sigil of Benevolence (PvP)
Outgoing Healing is increased by 20% for 3s after swapping weapons while in Combat. ICD: 9s.

Notes: These all increase your abilities upon weapon swap, but still requires the player to use their own skills and plan ahead for Bursts of Damage or Healing.

Sigil of Stability (PvP)
Gain Stability (1 stack, 3s) after swapping weapons while in Combat. ICD: 9s.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

(edited by TheSwede.9512)

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Sigil of Cleansing would be nice.

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Some ideas:

On Kill-sigils – Either remove or rework them to fit into the other categories. With less bonuses but more consistency.

On Hit-sigils – Remove the RNG from here and make them work solely based on their cds.

Permanent bonus-sigils – Please add a boon duration sigil and a general condi duration sigil. 5%-ish for both.

Condition duration-sigils – Fill in the blanks such as confusion, slow and torment. Immob duration would possibly be a bit too much, and blind duration is kinda useless.

On Weapon Swap-sigils – These just need balancing out. Sigils like Agility or Battle are underperforming, whereas others like Hydro or Geomancy are overperforming.
I actually think there should be a sub-category with swap-sigils that have 5s cd instead of 9. Necro, Reve, Warrior, Ele and Engi are capable of this swap interval, and I feel having sigils of this kind would promote skilled play. Agility, Renewal or Battle would fit in there very nicely.

On Crit-sigils – I actually feel these are generally fine. However, I will pick on some individual ones.

Sigil of Air: I’ve yet to find a situation in PvP where Force can continuously outperform Air. Some specific situations such as Ele Overloads or RS combo for Power Reaper can do it but that’s just a 1-off situation where over time Air still wins. I don’t want Force to get buffed but rather Air be nerfed.
Sigil of Earth: I actually feel this should be an On Hit-sigil. That would would normalize it between power+condi and precision+condi.
Sigil of Torment: Some tweaks are required since it currently can’t even compete with Earth Sigil. Which is saying something. I would make the Torment 5s with a 2s cooldown like the current Earth Sigil. Torment has lower base damage than Bleeding so I see no issues with it being AoE.
Sigil of Rage: Is so bad people tend to forget it exists. RNG based Quickness is just horrible. Just remove it (from PvP).

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

(edited by Yannir.4132)

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Birdack.6714

Birdack.6714

I’m 100 % agree with On Kill sigils (i’m honeslty not sure if they’re even so vital in pve …) ^^

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: xp eke xp.6724

xp eke xp.6724

Most sigils have a small cd or are all time active but have a smaller gain.
So i think we shoud stay on that and at the same time with the base thinking of arenanet to take the game more active on gameplay.

so all boons that arent might or swiftness cant be use on high duration(over 3 seconds), cause too high pasive defence or offence). Btw i read the idea of changing all effects to boons or condidions (like superspeed or aura), so i let this effects out too.

- we need a reaktion sigil like: if you got critted, or at all a hit, or your live is under 50% something hapens

• maybe you hit with the last dmg on you + your normal hit
  • and ofc. the same like on the other sigills: dmg, condi, condiback, so on^^

- unblockable sigills

- reveal sigill

- I also woud like to see a remove of field effects on enermie side, but i donĀ“t know if its an good idea for sigills or if its bether for traits/runes so on

• btw i like the idea to durate some fields longer just if we can have some counters against it^^

- some counterplays against evades (btw. why not changing evade to blocks? so dodges are the only way to take dmg out without counters)

- small gains for interrupting

• 1-2 sec higher cd
  • unblock
  • chill
  • weakness

- sigills for cleave

• maybe give doom poison and more dmg on downstates
  • strong heal and some condiremove after kill (maybe its more an idea for runes xD)
  • blind on downstate enermies (every hit, cause you need a reason to use less dmg on alive enermies!)

- the next idea is to use ccs as condition

• change to cripple
  • aoe dmg
  • aoe condi (maybe confusion or blind)
  • next hit after cc more dmg

- an sigil to take the next incoming blind/weakness out with cd

- ofc most ideas can be use on the allready able sigills (e.g. crit, hit, swap)

- for pve it woud be nice to get some minioms, bombs and so on^^

now to ideas of other posters that i liked:
- from black beard: the Sigil of Sight, Sigil of stability busting, Sigil of alacrity
- BeLZedaR: the hit sigills (i just use a diferent posibilities to use it^^)
- MithranArkanere: with ignore all 100% defences
- Ivantreil: Survivor sigils
- Justine: again with unblockable
- Mikali: take some pasive effects together like more duration and higher dmg on that condi (just fire or confusion have allready high dmg so its not needed^^)
- Lithril Ashwalker: the whirlwind sigill cause we have les whirl-combos

oh and if you dont like retaliation take it back to a one hit effect like aegis.

(edited by xp eke xp.6724)

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

1s or 2s super speed on weapon swap in combat maybe? It would synergize well with some Scrapper, Ele and Druid traits. Helps with movement in general for professions that do not have access to it.

Sigil that does a blast or leap finisher on weapon swap (keep water and smoke fields in mind, mostly).

Undo Battle Sigil nerf feels right with the way balance is right now too.

(edited by cgMatt.5162)

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

On weapon swap

Sigil of Agility Gain 5s of Swiftness and 1.5s of Quickness
Sigil of Battle Gain 2 stack of Might for 20 seconds
Sigil of Cleansing Remove 1 Condition
Sigil of Concentration removed
Sigil of Doom removed
Sigil of Energy removed
Sigil of Geomancy removed
Sigil of Hydromancy inflict Chilled for 2.5s
Superior Sigil of Intelligence removed
Sigil of Leeching removed
Sigil of Mischief Launch 1 / 2 / 4 blinding snowballs at foes in front of you
Sigil of Vamp your next attack heals you for 25% dmg dealt (cooldown 5 seconds)
Sigil of Defense for 2 seconds next attack you suffer heals you for 50% of damage dealt instead
Sigil of Block Gain 4s of Aegis
Sigil of Condition Removal Remove 1 Condition from nearby allies (Max 4), doesn’t work on yourself. Gain 200 Toughness for each removed for 9 seconds (cooldown: 9 seconds)
Sigil of Renewal Heal allies within 360 range for 350 health. Allies under 50% health are healed for 100% more
Sigil of Blocked if your next attack is blocked, remove 2 conditions from yourself and gain protection for 3 seconds

These look pretty solid as long as the damage component of hydromancy is removed. 1.5 sec Quickness on Sigil of Agility is too much, I wouldn’t put it over 1 sec.

Sigil Update

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

You know? The main problem with on-kill sigils is the stacks. I see players with 25 stacks of corruption or bloodlust. That tells me that they pre stack in Hotm.

Simple solution? Remove the stacks upon entering a pvp map. This is a legal “cheat” but it is easy to resolve. Truthfully, I haven’t tried stacking in this way because I assumed ANET wouldn’t permit a clear edge like that in a match… Perhaps my faith is misplaced.

ANET doesn’t need to be heavy handed, removing whole categories of amulets etc. Such things have a ripple effect that makes unexpected balance changes.

In my opinion it would be better to seek the smallest changes that will do the job.

Mesmerising Girl

Sigil Update

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

@Exedore

I’ve seen it in matches, repeatedly. I’ve encountered a player with 25 stacks of bloodlust. this makes them devastating to fight.

Perhaps this is a hack, I don’t honestly know. I have seen it in matches though.

ANET might be trying to clean up the hack by removing the sigil.

I stand by what I said though, they should make the smallest changes possible to avoid ripple effects.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

I’ve seen it in matches, repeatedly. In a number of separate matches, I’ve encountered a player with 25 stacks of bloodlust. this makes them devastating to fight.

Perhaps this is a hack, I don’t honestly know. I have seen it in matches though.

25 stacks isn’t too hard to get if your teams dying all the time. Just follow up with a moa after shield 5 daze w/ condi shatter spam, if its done properly you can secure a kill pretty easily. stacks = gone.

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The PvP team is investigating opportunities to update the sigils available in the game mode. This means removing, adding, balancing, and reworking. Our high-level goals include reducing RNG gameplay, promoting counter-play, reducing raw damage output, and removing ineffective choices. Some example changes would be removing on-kill stacking sigils and changing proc sigils to on-next-attack effects.

We are looking for feedback on these goals and potential changes. Feel free to suggest new sigils, sigils that exist in other game modes, or feedback on current sigils.

The sigils aren’t the biggest issue, it’s the skill balancing and trait system.

When it takes 3-4 seconds for a Light class to get a meteor shower down and there is a big circles telling everyone to dodge out, then how is that balance with a Heavy classes using Coalescence of ruin that does over 20k instant damage on 3 targets and a 3 seconds cooldown? The risk must correspond with the reward.

You need to make the light class king of damage builds again (I’m not talking about PvE where enemies stand still), nerf condis and passive skills across the board because they require less skill, bring back the condi cap in WvW to prevent instant death from condi bombs.

THEN fix the sigils. I’m really worried that if you change the sigils you’re going to break the balance even more.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

I’ve seen it in matches, repeatedly. In a number of separate matches, I’ve encountered a player with 25 stacks of bloodlust. this makes them devastating to fight.

No, you just don’t pay attention. Stacking on-kill sigils give 5 stacks per kill in PvP. So if you’re good at getting a kill and running away (like a thief), you can maintain 25 stacks fairly well in a match where you’re winning.

The problem is that if your side isn’t doing so well, you’re not getting kills and the sigil is near useless.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

The PvP team is investigating opportunities to update the sigils available in the game mode. This means removing, adding, balancing, and reworking. Our high-level goals include reducing RNG gameplay, promoting counter-play, reducing raw damage output, and removing ineffective choices. Some example changes would be removing on-kill stacking sigils and changing proc sigils to on-next-attack effects.

We are looking for feedback on these goals and potential changes. Feel free to suggest new sigils, sigils that exist in other game modes, or feedback on current sigils.

When it takes 3-4 seconds for a Light class to get a meteor shower down and there is a big circles telling everyone to dodge out, then how is that balance with a Heavy classes using Coalescence of ruin that does over 20k instant damage on 3 targets and a 3 seconds cooldown? The risk must correspond with the reward.

You need to make the light class king of damage builds again (I’m not talking about PvE where enemies stand still), nerf condis and passive skills across the board because they require less skill, bring back the condi cap in WvW to prevent instant death from condi bombs.

THEN fix the sigils. I’m really worried that if you change the sigils you’re going to break the balance even more.

What rev even uses hammer though

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Zlater.6789

Zlater.6789

Please don’t remove bloodlust. It is an important part of playing Thief and it’s a really fun thing, because it is a point of conflict, should I weapon swap for bloodlust or stay on d/p for the blind/stealth/cleave/burst if I need it in a moments time.

I would like to recommend some on weapon swap sigils.

Blast sigil:
0 damage point blank blast finisher on weapon swap while in combat.

Whirl sigil:
0 damage whirl finisher (3) on weapon swap.

This would add a whole new layer to the game by improving on profession themes, improving on high level play without gimping newer players.

For example you would improve on a Mesmer support capability by increasing its group condition cleansing. Giving thieves a bit more group utility with aoe stealth. A little more burn access to a condition rev, well you get my drift.

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

@Exedore

I’ve seen it in matches, repeatedly. I’ve encountered a player with 25 stacks of bloodlust. this makes them devastating to fight.

ANET might be trying to clean up the hack by removing the sigil.

I stand by what I said though, they should make the smallest changes possible to avoid ripple effects.

this is why we’ve nicknamed you “the bronze queen”

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

(edited by Ruru.1302)

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

i’d like sigils to have better visual effects. all of them

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

What rev even uses hammer though

I was in gold,
cleaned up nodes pretty fast ;-)

Sigil Update

in PvP

Yannir.4132

I agree actually but it’s still best to hand them a ton of ideas to consider. That way they can make the best possible decisions based on feedback. A lot of ideas translates to small but informed changes. Hopefully.

All classes lvl 80.

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

@xp eke xp.6724: Reveal sigil? Really? Because devs didn’t already give reveal to classes that didn’t need them?

How about 3000% dmg backstab sigil then. Sounds just as fair.

@Yannir.4132: nerf power sigils, buff condi sigils? Good joke.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Sigil Update

in PvP

Yannir.4132

@xp eke xp.6724: Reveal sigil? Really? Because devs didn’t already give reveal to classes that didn’t need them?

You missed my point. I don’t want to nerf power sigils, I want to nerf Air Sigil. It’s way too strong compared to other sigils. Although I wouldn’t be opposed to buffing other power sigils at the same time. Just don’t have any suggestions for that. The On Crit condi sigils are basically a joke already since their On weapon swap counterparts are clearly superior atm.

All classes lvl 80.

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: zezuils beast.1204

zezuils beast.1204

Here’s my take on it. The stacking on sigils are completely fine as it’s a risk reward since if you swap to it and don’t get the finish you’re punished for swapping to that weapon at that moment (swapping to sb on thief is the obvious example.) the other on kill sigils need significant reworks/buffs to make them relevant.

On swap sigils are consistent, non rng ways to get extra effects. Slightly nerf dmg and condi duration on Geo and hydro and they will be fine (70% of current dmg and half condi dur). They do not pose any counter play opportunity for the target but rather for the user (doom for example gives you a counter to builds like warrior with massive passive regen

On hit needs to be merged with on crit into on hit without rng (10 sec cd for current on crit, 5 for current on hit). That would remove rng and buff the on hit to make them viable.

% scaling should just be removed completely as they pose no role in increasing depth, creating counter play and are just plain boring.

I’d very much like to see on interrupt sigils with 10 sec icd. They pose counterplay for both sides as dodging good interrupts can be key to keep that resistance that’s keeping you alive or not allowing the enemy to heal that slight sliver of health that will win them the game.

Lastly I would love indicators similar to doom or bloodlust that show when a sigil is off its icd and ready to use. This would remove even more rng as you see what’s coming. Increase depth as baiting dodges when your sigils are off cd will be an actual thing to do. Lastly it would present even more counterplay opportunities as you will be able to more of easily track enemies sigils and rune procs.

Personaly I can’t think of any sigils we don’t already have in the game that I would like to have as the suggestions that are most easy to think of are insanely broken.

I really hope you devs see this and reconsider removing on weapon swap sigils

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

Hi,

Here are my few ideas:

Sigil of Nullification: It removes only one boon and that is too weak. I would like to have it remove more boons or be an AoE effect. One possibility is that it could remove a specific boon instead. For example: Sigil of Might Removal, Sigil of Protection removal, Sigil of Instability.
Sigil of Quick Draw: Your next weapon skill’s cooldown is reduced by 33%
Sigil of Elemental Aura: Gain fire/ice/light/shock/magnetic aura when you swap to this weapon. A different sigil for each aura.
Sigil of Sloth: Inflict slow for 3s on your next attack.
Sigil of Escape: Remove Immobilize/chill/cripple when you swap to this weapon.
Sigil of Parrying: Gain Aegis when you swap to this weapon.
Sigil of Stability: Gain Stability when you swap to this weapon.
Sigil of Protection: Gain Protection when you swap to this weapon.
Sigil of Blinds: Inflict blindness for 3s on your next attack.

Is it possible to make a sigil that triggers on the last attack of skill #1 chain? Would be really cool effect if you ask me. I know there are some skills that don’t have a chain attack, but I guess they shouldn’t use the said sigils then.

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I like this sigils that give you one defensive boon/aura on swap. But shock aura is very powerful. Auras is not good on sigils. Leave them on runes.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You missed my point. I don’t want to nerf power sigils, I want to nerf Air Sigil. It’s way too strong compared to other sigils. Although I wouldn’t be opposed to buffing other power sigils at the same time. Just don’t have any suggestions for that. The On Crit condi sigils are basically a joke already since their On weapon swap counterparts are clearly superior atm.

No, i didn’t miss your point but effectively you are asking to buff condi specs and nerf power specs. Simple as it is.
I mean i could just ask to nerf of death shroud for example because necros rely on it so much but hey i have no idea how to compensate for it so i will just leave it out. Totally not asking to nerf necros, nope, not at all.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Please consider adding a group of sigils that will boost the effects of combo finishers.

You could also consider “create an X field for 1s on weapon swap”.

Ranger | Elementalist

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

new sigil category: On stomp and on rally

-Stomping a player cleanse up to 2 condition from nearby allies/360 radius
-Stomping a player allow you to use special action “follow the leader”/30 sec CD
1s casting time: garant 2s haste and 10s swiftness to nearby allies/600 radius

-Upon succesful revival cleanse up to 2 condition from nearby allies/360 radius.
-A succesful revival allow you to use special action “welcome back”/30 sec CD
1s casting time: garant 2s resistance and 10s protection to nearby allies/600 radius

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I don’t know if it’s been said yet, but I think adding a sigil that provides short duration fury on swap would be great. It’s similar to intelligence, just a different flavor.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

So um, * cough *, removing erroneous rune choices next?
There are tons of runes that people really shouldn’t be using in competitive play. Lots of garbage that only a new player would use pretty much.

As for sigils, leech is pretty much my fav. That hits hard and heals decent. Everyone use it!

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

i would like to see class specific sigils. this way you can give a class something they need without breaking the game. some brainstorming:

necro sigil: when entering death shroud, gain 50 endurance.
ele sigil: after swapping attunement, increase vitality by 50, stacks up to 4 times, lasts 8s.
thief sigil: on steal, remove 25 endurance and a boon from your target.
rev sigil: on legend swap, increase boon duration by 30% for 6s.
mes sigil: for every shattered clone that hits its target, increase your ferocity by 10% for 5s.
guard: gain aegis each time you use one of your f skills, 5s internal cooldown.
warrior: every time you hit your target with a burst skill, apply 10 stacks of vulnerability for 8s.
engi: using a toolbelt skill increases your condition damage by 50 for 10s.
ranger: each time your pet lands a critical hit, both of you gain 1 stack of might for 8s.

just some random ideas. i feel like sigils don’t really have to be limited to weapon effects only, but to offensive effects.

another option would be weapon specific sigils:

a sigil that increases longbow damage at max range, a sigil that increases dagger damage when hit from behind, a greatsword sigil that increases damage when you hit more than 1 person, etc.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Suggestions for Changes and reworks on sigils

-Stacking Sigils-
These sigils just need the way they gain stacks on change, rather than gaining them on kills, they should grant 1 stack for every successful hit landed. reduce the max stack to 15 stacks, and make each stack last 10s each. Sigils that consume the charges after gaining max charges function like normal.

-On crit/On hit Chance-
Either go by a charge basis, like you gain one charge on hit/crit at X amount of hits activate x sigil effect. Have the charges last 5s each, and once the sigil procs it goes on CD. If not then have it function like Guardian’s passive Virtue of Justice requirement.

-On swap sigils-
They’re fine as is.

-Passive sigils (Agony, Venom etc)
If you want people to really utilize these sigils they’ll need to do more than just duration increase. Something like 20% Duration and 10% effectiveness increase on specific condition. (Example would be like Poison would get a bump from 33% to 43% healing reduction, and does 10% improved damage etc.)

Sigil of Restoration – health of kill is pretty bad for Spvp, should just make it a 10% increase on outgoing healing

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Take the top 5 sigils being used and hit em with a minor nerf. Take the bottom 5 sigils being used and hit em with a buff. Rince and repeat until meta builds have a more diverse group of sigils used.

The problem isn’t access to new sigils but rather access to sigils that are effective.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

I’m still a bit more inclined towards the skill modifier sigils rather than on-proc/on-swap sigils.

They can be a powerful tool in creating build diversity within the game.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Sigil Update

in PvP

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i would like to see

- Sigil of purity changes to 2 second CD changed from hit to Crit at 33%

- Sigil of nullification buff 2 boons on same 5 CD

sigil i would like to see added to Spvp

- on swap drop a random field 10s CD

- On intrup remove 2% of your target armor for 10 seconds. Stackable