Skyhammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

ofc i lost all of them cuz i don’t want to cheese.

Why is this map still in the rotation ?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Paddy.3985

Paddy.3985

Because some devs spent a lot of time and effort to make it and since most people don’t like it they got Kittenhurt and keep it in out of spite.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

I’ve decided to join the people who immediately afk when this map comes up. Don’t care if it ruins 4 other peoples game. Could use the 5 minutes having better entertainment doing something else.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

I’ve decided to join the people who immediately afk when this map comes up. Don’t care if it ruins 4 other peoples game. Could use the 5 minutes having better entertainment doing something else.

I think that’s an incredibly kittenty thing to do. But godkitten if I don’t blame you for doing it.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Because a few people in the development team believe what I believe in that it teaches you awareness of your surroundings……

At least that’s what I’d like to believe.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I just log onto my rifle warrior and see how many people I can 1 – shot.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Skyhammer still in soloq is probably the main reason why we have extensive proof devs don’t give a single kitten about player’s feedback..

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

It´s the worst map in the game, it shouldn´t be in any pvp game mode.

1shots by pulling somebody are kittenet. The amount of stability in the game is not designed around this map, also the effort it takes to kill a player regular vs pulling/knocking is not justified while stealth pulls are not telegraphed and can´t be counterplayed.

As it was said already, the players feedback on this map is very bad since release of this map for obvious reasons and it shouldn´t even be in a regular hot join rotation, i rather fight on capricorn than this.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

Skyhammer

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

It´s the worst map in the game, it shouldn´t be in any pvp game mode.

1shots by pulling somebody are kittenet. The amount of stability in the game is not designed around this map, also the effort it takes to kill a player regular vs pulling/knocking is not justified while stealth pulls are not telegraphed and can´t be counterplayed.

As it was said already, the players feedback on this map is very bad since release of this map for obvious reasons and it shouldn´t even be in a regular hot join rotation, i rather fight on capricorn than this.

Capricorn without underwater combat, like happened in toss when they removed water at tranq, would probably be good for tn on par with forest, legacy and so on…with water there’s still a little problem, thieves who run scorpion wire on sh would just gonna be gods underwater and same goes for turret engis…rangers would probably be sort of viable again tho…dat underwater lick wounds ftw u.u The main problem aside from sh obviously being the worst map design fail ever it’s the amount of cc certain classes can just spam around (Counting fears into the equation too) compared to others with really poor stability access, cond removal and point presence (Not even mentioning the mighty wtf undodgeable cannon)…skyhammer it’s just “Build Wars 2 – casual’s spam rampage” at it’s very best, go lame or just fly around to your death.

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

they dont care when you dont like it, when you hate it, when you afk it or whatever

they just dont care

when you wanna make them listen than speak with your wallet and dont buy gems anymore
or just stop playing

gw2 was the first game in last 20 years which made me raging like a madman – everything in this game is just designed to kitten of people – atleast everything feels like

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

they dont care when you dont like it, when you hate it, when you afk it or whatever

they just dont care

when you wanna make them listen than speak with your wallet and dont buy gems anymore
or just stop playing

gw2 was the first game in last 20 years which made me raging like a madman – everything in this game is just designed to kitten of people – atleast everything feels like

I know how you feel bro.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

I really really hate this map . . . is incredible that it is still in the rotation.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

This is why it should be removed. Not because anything is wrong with the map, but because some people are such babies about it that they ruin other people’s experiences.

I don’t have strong feelings about the map either way, good teams generally still win and cheese doesn’t take people as far as others seem to think, but I fear this map because I don’t want someone to ruin my time by giving up immediately.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Somehow I seem to get this map more than any other in Solo Queue. I was playing over the weekend and got it 5 times in a row!! How is that even possible?! I actually quit playing pvp for the rest of the night after that since that map makes me so angry. Some classes are just better there, end of story. Those stealth pulls/pushes from thieves, mesmers, and engis… skilled play right?

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Just another example of complete ineptness at Anet. Newsflash dev team….the playerbase HATES it. Yep sorry to burst the bubble of whomever designed it but you failed. This game is actually pretty much kitten if you like sPvP or WvW.

This was harsh, but I actually agree with it.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

In other games a 70/30 would have ended with sh disappearing from game in a couple of weeks.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

In other games a 70/30 would have ended with those voting against it disappearing in a couple of weeks.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Skyhammer is responsible for 340 heart attacks, 28 aneurysms, and 80 destroyed marriages worldwide. It should be removed and whoever designed it launched into space (possibly to Arrakis to hang out with sand wurms).

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I hate this map in all game modes. Rolling this 4-5 times in hotjoin or sque. To hell with this…..

Devona’s Rest

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

Just wanted to say i love your player vs. player maps. but i was wondering if there is anyway you can make it so we can choose not to play the player vs gravity map in solo q. i just have to ask were you guys in a bad mood when you made skyhammer?

master jedi david

(edited by trunks.5249)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

You can’t prove that it isn’t the community’s favourite Solo Queue map of all time!

Checkmate, GW2 players!

-Anet

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Skyhammer

in PvP

trunks.5249

You can’t prove that it isn’t the community’s favourite Solo Queue map of all time!

Checkmate, GW2 players!

-Anet

lol that was great

master jedi david

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ilcane.3081

ilcane.3081

Checkmate, GW2 players!

-Anet

Well played.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

its one of the reasons i don’t play tournaments, in hotjoin we can all switch server when that mess comes up.
but if you’re playing tournament then you have no choice but to alt tab and browse the net since you all get punished if you leave, it really ruins the flow of your pvp night.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

its one of the reasons i don’t play tournaments, in hotjoin we can all switch server when that mess comes up.
but if you’re playing tournament then you have no choice but to alt tab and browse the net since you all get punished if you leave, it really ruins the flow of your pvp night.

Too bad Hot Join is just a “join the winning team” race though.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

This is why it should be removed. Not because anything is wrong with the map, but because some people are such babies about it that they ruin other people’s experiences.

I don’t have strong feelings about the map either way, good teams generally still win and cheese doesn’t take people as far as others seem to think, but I fear this map because I don’t want someone to ruin my time by giving up immediately.

wtf LOL.

Why should I force myself to play something (especially a game that I paid for for entertainment, no less) in a map that I seriously hate playing just for the sake of other people’s experience?

Am I some kind of masochist whom these “players” are paying to make their gw2 experience wholesome?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Checkmate, GW2 players!

-Anet

Their argument is about as strong as why we shouldn’t cure cancer.

Attachments:

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

I found a simple way not to get into skykitten: i stopped playing SoloQ, if i want a ranked match i go teamQ, even if i’m solo. I’m not gonna play that map anymore, unless i just want to troll, but at that point i can go to do that in hotjoin.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

In other games a 70/30 would have ended with those voting against it disappearing in a couple of weeks.

Uhm don’t think so, cause noone would disappoint 70% of their players just because they messed up with one map’s design…probably even if it was the opposite 30% is already a pretty big chunk to have a serious critical look at it…but here noone cares, we made this map so deal with it, same goes with bugs and stuff still around forever (Like wall mesmers since beta along with the “new” kittened immobilize bug on blink…meta + bugs = so much fun on mesmer..)

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

You and people like you are the reason GW2 solo queue sucks. That attitude is the reason you get Skyhammer and I am glad the PvP Map Gods give it to you all the time.

Justice has been served. Go AFK in PvE where you can still contribute while being alt-tabbed.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Liewec.2896

You and people like you are the reason GW2 solo queue sucks. That attitude is the reason you get Skyhammer and I am glad the PvP Map Gods give it to you all the time.

Justice has been served. Go AFK in PvE where you can still contribute while being alt-tabbed.

actually if i was in pve i wouldn’t need to afk because nothing in pve punishes you for leaving something you don’t want to play, nor does it randomly force you into certain instances, if you don’t like arah then you never need to go to arah.

also this was merged in here, clearly anet can’t even be bothered to read/acknowledge skyhammer criticism anymore and they use this as a bin.

just remove this crap map already anet

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Lost all of them cuz i suck at cheese.

Why can’t you remove this kittening useless map ?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Kody.3289

Kody.3289

cuz when one of the noobs at anet knock a top 100 player down its the only time they can ever feel like theyre good at their own game

Darek.1836
Lazer Moobs
Sharks With Lazers

Skyhammer

in PvP

trunks.5249

sorry that your getting skyhammer all the time i am getting people starting to blow off points all together and just go around knocking,fearing and pulling you off a thief and a guard they would go to different spots and thief would make them invisible and when someone walk by the guard would pull people off with his great sword then take off hide in a diffrent spot and do same thing

master jedi david

Skyhammer

in PvP

trunks.5249

lol they took my post down about sky hammer. guess if there are to many post about sky hammer they would have to do something. by taking posts down to one makes it seem like its only a few people have a problem with skyhammer

master jedi david

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Kody.3289

Kody.3289

played 1 soloq got skyham afk’d it and im done with soloq for today.
remove this please.

Darek.1836
Lazer Moobs
Sharks With Lazers

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Skyhammer appears too much in soloq. Please make the % chance to roll the map to 0.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

as necro whit some spectral grasp and fear fear i started to like it a little more than average players. still i say kitten when i get this map in hotjoin

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

remove this kitten, i rarely even play soloq anymore and today i went cuz yolo

guess what i was forced to switch to my engi midway in order to carry my team against 3 decap, it was too much bs i had to switch.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Gravity is such skill.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Seen on reddit, where people is also complaining about this map:

From the Introducing the new Skyhammer PvP Map blog post:

“‘We’ve been working on it for 4 months on and off, doing a lot of iteration, trying to get it right,’ Bearce says. ‘Of course, we work on multiple maps at a time – but this one is special. I think players are really going to respond well to Skyhammer.’”

“‘One thing I’d been advocating for a long time was an elevated map where you could push people off to their deaths,’ Darrin Claypool says.”

“‘From a design perspective, the PvP team really wanted to create a super-weapon map where your team fights to control it so they can control the map,’ Claypool continues.”

“One thing we have noticed while testing is that people started bringing a lot more control and stability skills in their builds. Underutilized skills like the Thief’s Needle Trap, Tripwire and Scorpion Wire or the Engineer’s Magnetic Bomb and Personal Battering Ram, now suddenly have real lethal potential.”

“We’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback from our playtesters,” Bearce says. “Pretty much as soon as we threw this in for testing, our internal playtesters said, ‘This has to go on Live”

Related pic

Attachments:

(edited by Marcos.3690)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Marcos.3690

This map is crap

Skyhammer

in PvP

Liewec.2896

“internal playtesters”. Anet telling Anet that Anet has done well.

the cherry-on-top is how they’ve stopped reading all skyhammer hate threads now, instead they just dicard them into that one thread (which is now over 700 posts long)

shoddy work Anet, shoddy work.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Marcos.3690

They should be more respectful to their tiny community and listen to us

No one understands why is skyhammer still in the rotation.

I bet they also know it’s an awful map but removing it now would discredit them

They can remove the posts but not this
http://strawpoll.me/1666010

(edited by Marcos.3690)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

Well seems like they “archieved” everything they wanted with that map.

But it seems like they dont care that such a map ruins solo queu, if thats what they wanted to archieve as well I can only doubt the developer’s sanity.

#ELEtism

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Skyhammer is bad, bad, bad and bad, the map is just a big troll fest.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Eldrad Ulthran.9360

Eldrad Ulthran.9360

i like skyhammer. it is funny to kitten off ppl with pulls and pushes especially at the cannon. imo in the soloque rotation it is in place. in teampvp it would be annoying but soloque is not about something with true skill. the problem that there are no personal blacklist so those who don’t like it can’t remove it for themselves. then it might won’t be so much fun cuz i would end up getting teamed with such scumbag droppy droppy ppl as myself xd. anyways the choice should be given to select it..

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Skyhammer is a well-built map for the casual audience, with interesting mechanics to shake up gameplay a bit and have some laughs and fun. I’m sure Anet is very proud of what they’ve created.

But putting Skyhammer in a ranked queue is their big mistake. You can’t have an healthy pvp environment without strong foundations of what makes pvp interesting and fair, and a map that heavily promotes uncounterable one-hit kills goes against one of those foundations: counterplay.

As long as GW2’s (solo) ranked queues are known for uncounterable skill shots being abused over and over, the idea of serious pvp in this game will be laughed at by any player outside of team-queue. Leaderboard is meaningless, ranking is meaningless, competition is meaningless, as long as the game promotes gameplay tools equivalent to cheating/ hacking in its pvp environment.

Unfortunately, Anet doesn’t likes admitting their mistakes. I’m not sure why, as there are other game companies that have no problem doing so and reverting changes (in a timely fashion), and their games are usually better for it. This is also another problem, because even if they decide to remove skyhammer out of solo queue someday, what makes us certain that, the next time they make another mistake (and its human nature to make mistakes), it’ll be reverted in a timely fashion? Unfortunately, we aren’t certain of that, which leads to a lack of confidence between the playerbase and the devs. The last-hour balance changes done to some professions and the delay of runes of perplexity, in the last patch, were a nice precedent, but the future is still uncertain.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Skyhammer in hotjoin is enjoyable, but not in tournament play.

all is vain