Skyhammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

This company just can’t admit faults. Even when they’re so obvious like this one.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Eldrad Ulthran.9360

Eldrad Ulthran.9360

solo que is a tournament for casuals. let casuals do what they want. if you think it really matters what you reach in solo que then simply go to the outer world and have a day out cuz it kittenin doesn’t matter. the only competitive playmode is teamque. deal with it and quit crying

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Kody.3289

Kody.3289

thank god i havent gotten skyham in soloq today. did 10 matches and im literlaly thanking god I havent gotten it cause Im just not in the mood for it. However now I dont want to ruin it so I stopped qing cuz I know its about that time that skyham is gonna show its face and I have to afk.

Darek.1836
Lazer Moobs
Sharks With Lazers

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I felt overwhelmed and confused by Skyhammer when it was first released.

But once I learned to play with the map and not against it, I immediately understood how to find enjoyment and to capitalize on this maps mechanics.

Now I enjoy this map.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

solo que is a tournament for casuals. let casuals do what they want. if you think it really matters what you reach in solo que then simply go to the outer world and have a day out cuz it kittenin doesn’t matter. the only competitive playmode is teamque. deal with it and quit crying

The fact that you think teamque is the ‘only competitive playmode’ with its overabundance of cookie-cutter builds, broken Asura animations, and pre-made’s exploiting — rightfully so — the general imbalance across classes… What’s so competitive about it again? Oh, right. Nothing. It’s a stance that certainly weakens the drivel that was the rest of your post. Good work!

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

I felt overwhelmed and confused by Skyhammer when it was first released.

But once I learned to play with the map and not against it, I immediately understood how to find enjoyment and to capitalize on this maps mechanics.

Now I enjoy this map.

Playing “with” the map means being limited to certain classes with certain builds.
From another Post I read you play turret engineer, hrm cant imagine why you find enjoyment on that map.

And as some above mentioned, okay has been mentioned several times here, in a competitive gameplay (ranking, leaderboard) that map has NO place.
Cause what’s called playing with the map here, would be considered as bugusing / exploiting in any other game (as long as it’s not a funmap).

#ELEtism

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

As I see it they have three options to make this map “competitive”:

a) remove skyhammer from solo arena queue and re-make it to a spvp minigame (with a set skill set for everyone including a pull, a kick, stability, swiftness, dmg skill)
b) place the whole map underwater
c) add skyhammer to team arena queue

No, Im not joking with the last one. Either commit fully to this (in my opinion totally kittened) map, or drop it.

But trapping – and thats exactly what they do by adding it to solo queue – people into that map, basically FORCING solo aren’ers to play that map until they admit its fine (which we NEVER will do, just give it up). That’s just bad bad bad treatment of paying customers.

For those that want to enjoy skyhammer, add some hotjoin servers with skyhammer only map rotation. Make them rated if you want them to count for something.

And btw, solo arena is 50% luck and 50% skill. Team arena is… guess what… exactly the same You have meta builds in both solo arena and team arena, and sorry, but the amount of communication needed in gw2 spvp is so minimal, you can do it via ig tools, you dont need voip like with other more complex pvp games.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Duran.3196

Well as I already said, when I play team arena(with my team) I should actually be thankful for that map cause it drives so many ppl from solo queue to team queue that win rates of >80% are no rarity (for a team)

#ELEtism

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jakkson.4076

Jakkson.4076

Is it some sort of punishment from the devs?

Don’t hate the player hate the game

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

because the devs honestly dont give a “duck”.
they’ll simply merge this thread with the other 700 skyhammer related posts and pretend that they’re doing a good job.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

Round 630 – Fight!

Anet wins.

Flawless victory.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

TGIF? or TGINS?

Thank goodness it’s Friday, but I’ll be even more thankful it’s not skyhammer when I soloq tonight.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Skyhammer

in PvP

Yasi.9065

HA, yes… I agree… skyhammer is like waking up and realizing its monday again.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Every time i’m on Skyhammer . .

Attachments:

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Don’t worry guys…looking at your feedback they’re probably going to increase sh rate in soloq, because you know…this is how it works here…

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Because esports and they still think this map is good for rated tn. Devs knowing kitten bout their own game….priceless…

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

stop posting this here cause arenanet dont care and just move this post to the other skyhammer thing and never check it again

start to post in all other gaming-forums out there in the internet or on reddit or whereever

maby someday arenanet wakeup when people talk bad bout this game everywhere and they cant just delete or move the post to some trashthread

1 YEAR skyhammer now and they still dont care

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

They just permanently banned me on the official twitch channel for bashing skyhammer.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Omg its Tina.4872

Omg its Tina.4872

I play mainly a mesmer in solo arenas but I have never used a knock back build in that map (I play staff and scepter/torch). That being said, I enjoy the hilarious actions that takes place there. It puts a smirk on my face when I see people (including me) fall down through the glass panels or get pushed off the cliff. I play a female sylvari and the way my character screams when falling down is just hysterically funny. I just love Skyhammer and hope they never remove it.

Any other players that enjoy Skyhammer?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Jasher.6580

There are a few. Look at my signature. The majority of us hate it though and it makes us want to quit the game.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Omg its Tina.4872

Omg its Tina.4872

There are a few. Look at my signature. The majority of us hate it though and it makes us want to quit the game.

Can you care to explain why the majority players dislike Skyhammer? I know that the laser can be annoying at times but overall I enjoy playing in Skyhammer.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Can you care to explain why the majority players dislike Skyhammer? I know that the laser can be annoying at times but overall I enjoy playing in Skyhammer.

Because we do not find dying by a one shot mechanic fun. People can talk about “good positioning blah blah blah” all they want… but the majority of us find it annoying. We don’t think it is funny or fun… it is annoying.

Also focus Mesmers, Engineers and to a lesser degree Necromancers have a huge advantage when played in the right hands. At the end of the day, when playing against good players who play those classes, it’s not fair.

Even those of us who switch to those cheese builds, it’s not fun either. It feels cheap and annoying.

It’s fine that you find it fun. That’s great, but for a lot of us, we would rather AFK than play that map which is fun for no one. Forcing us to play something we hate in a video game (which is supposed to be fun) is stupid.

(edited by Jasher.6580)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Take side points… any way you position yourself there… a mesmer can pull you down every single time… you can choose between abandoning your point or dieing to falling dmg. And thats only if you are trying to defend.

Skyhammer’s map mechanics blatantly favours certain classes with certain builds. The only way to counter that is by stacking up on stability and immunity.

For most, that’s NOT a fun way to play, but rather just frustratingly annoying. And most player dont like having a certain playstyle forced upon them.

And then there’s those pesky bugs, like knocking someone on jump pad → knocked back person dies to falling dmg or lands somewhere really strange. Knocking people up a slope etc.

People not dieing when knocked down and then being stuck there thanks to worms doing minimal dmg against high tou builds.
Etc.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

I play mainly a mesmer in solo arenas but I have never used a knock back build in that map (I play staff and scepter/torch). That being said, I enjoy the hilarious actions that takes place there. It puts a smirk on my face when I see people (including me) fall down through the glass panels or get pushed off the cliff. I play a female sylvari and the way my character screams when falling down is just hysterically funny. I just love Skyhammer and hope they never remove it.

Any other players that enjoy Skyhammer?

haven’t read your post, and won’t, sorry … Just throwing my opinion in here regardless… NO, no one else likes Skyhammer, PLEASE do not give Anet any shred of hope that people enjoy this map, when you look at the map in both competitive AND casual aspects, it is zero fun and a terrible design, although it looks nice, thats it.

When a map almost totally favors 1, or 2, classes above all else it shows poor map design and a lack of knowledge of the community and how exploitive it is of broken mechanics (Giant OP laser, etc)

However Anets pride in the map is clouding their judgement and they refuse to remove it from Solo Queue (Or was it Team Queue?) I point you to this mans frustration of the map, since it is funny and he makes a point at the same time http://www.twitch.tv/ostricheggs/c/4029479

Skyhammer

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Ah yes, nearly forgot it….

This is why this map is only good for a mini-game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY-6T8ExNFw

Btw, thats footage from one hour skyhammer… and it was after “skyhammer balance patch” that was meant to fix things… didnt really work out so well… and against popular believe… I didnt have any fun playing this, it was boring as hell. No skill required.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Kody.3289

Kody.3289

yes you are
no there isnt

Darek.1836
Lazer Moobs
Sharks With Lazers

Skyhammer

in PvP

Duran.3196

Cause due to builds like that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMc2ShskQYs

#ELEtism

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

c) add skyhammer to team arena queue

No, Im not joking with the last one. Either commit fully to this (in my opinion totally kittened) map, or drop it.

Yeah I’d like to see it in teamq for a few reasons:

1) I would like to be able watch organised teams play the kind of builds that dominate on it, and because following the team-meta that built up around dealing with the map would be genuinely interesting.
2) It’d show that they are actually serious about the map, and are willing to risk alienating even more of their pvp playerbase by forcing it on everyone wanting to play competetively.
3) The forums would explode, and the mods would have to merge even more threads into this megathread (which isn’t even the first Skyhammer megathread, by the way).
4) I’d be able to get my instagib fix while playing with friends in teamq. And experience bugs that no other map has! Even the camera does special things on Skyhammer, with those lovely columns and enclosed spaces and sharp walls. Mmmm.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I feel this needs to be reposted.

http://www.twitch.tv/ostricheggs/c/4029479

It embodies all that is wrong with Skyham.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Arrion.2185

Arrion.2185

I banish you from this map! swings his guardian hammer and screams “FOUR!”

Skyhammer

in PvP

Arrion.2185

I want skyhammer out of rotation of SQ at least

Yeah lets just have another map pulled from sPvP like Capricorn, because people don’t like one particular mechanic, because their face roll build is not effective there, because of a one button kill.

To all of you I say, either don’t go into the hammer alone, meaning the cannon, unless you can secure yourself with stability like Stand your Ground, and watch your positioning on the floor where the cap points are.

I’m so sorry that your kittens have been drastically reduced by this one map.

Don’t get me wrong. It annoys the kitten out of me when a single bad player is able to have ONE good match, because of a knock back, pull or push. But oh well. I deal with it, or I don’t. As a guardian, I can rush the hammer for a 1v1, pop stand, block off the entrance with a wall, and Banish my foe off the edge after they fail to do it to me.

The answers to this map are far beyond obvious. I’m sorry you don’t have the strategic aptitude to see them.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

They can remove the posts but not this
http://strawpoll.me/1666010

This poll means nothing, sry. It’s look likes: “Internet poll showed that 100% of people use the Internet”.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Arrion.2185

Cuz water combat is unbalanced and sucks in general.

Just like 4v5.

Translation

My awesome face roll build is disabled under water because I can’t use my lolwin weapons for when I am on land. I have to use actual skill to win now, and I don’t see the massive numbers like 5K hammer crits.

Get off it. Capricorn was my fave map, because of this fact. It forced a reliance on skill.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

I want skyhammer out of rotation of SQ at least

Yeah lets just have another map pulled from sPvP like Capricorn, because people don’t like one particular mechanic, because their face roll build is not effective there, because of a one button kill.

To all of you I say, either don’t go into the hammer alone, meaning the cannon, unless you can secure yourself with stability like Stand your Ground, and watch your positioning on the floor where the cap points are.

I’m so sorry that your kittens have been drastically reduced by this one map.

Don’t get me wrong. It annoys the kitten out of me when a single bad player is able to have ONE good match, because of a knock back, pull or push. But oh well. I deal with it, or I don’t. As a guardian, I can rush the hammer for a 1v1, pop stand, block off the entrance with a wall, and Banish my foe off the edge after they fail to do it to me.

The answers to this map are far beyond obvious. I’m sorry you don’t have the strategic aptitude to see them.

^ this
People used to stand semiafk at point while press 11111 or in best case faceroll all keyboard. This is not skill.
Skill is hear glass pannel sound (while you alone at point)→make conclusion this is thief at inv. with ready scorpion wire and make evade. Use area features to win, use more then 1 convolution. This is Mindplay, not brainless hambow x hambow on point.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

another not trolling post. but srlsy guise. tool kit iz so op. all i play when i get skeehammaaarrrr is t"r"ool kit and rifle. L2P

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Fray.3417

Fray.3417

Capricorn was too imbalanced or too unskilled for solo Q (or even hot join!) but… this is ok? Anet thinks that push/pulling people off ledges promotes skill… Fun. Keep skyham in hotjoin, but please take out of solo Q rotation. Or include in team Q rotation please so then people with louder voices will QQ instead of normal people being ignored.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Capricorn was too imbalanced or too unskilled for solo Q (or even hot join!) but… this is ok? Anet thinks that push/pulling people off ledges promotes skill… Fun. Keep skyham in hotjoin, but please take out of solo Q rotation. Or include in team Q rotation please so then people with louder voices will QQ instead of normal people being ignored.

It takes skill to pull or not be pulled off the map.
Also Capricorn was a fine map but again it required players to adapt their game,
and so it got busted.kitten is going to be if you keep on crying.
Then it’s Spirit Watch because adding one more objective to the map in the form of the orb is too much.
Then we will remove the buffs from the temple,well…not all just the 8.30 one,and all will be a nice simple,one build fits all-animals-lord,3 points to cap map
Ambitious.
/bump

skyhammer aka SH is being kittenized?

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

Haven’t had a game that ended in a 5v5 in well over a month.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

How come skyhammer is the only map that can roll 3-8 times in a row?

Even when it doesn’t roll consecutively its almost every second queue.

So sick of seeing this joke of a map in solo q.

When I want to play Soul Calibur I go play my PS3, that game is designed and balanced around “ring outs”.

GW2 PvP is balanced around capture points, not ring outs.

Remove this garbage from solo q, and give us GvG.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

i dont care about skyhammer been in rotation, neither battle of khylos, i just cant stand the mass destruction weapon in map, thats broke the balance of the PvP

In my case, my personal case dont use those map weapons because i rely more on my class skill gameplay, but that dont stop most of the normal users that tended to use stuff like skyhammer or trebuchet to troll people fighting whit what GW2 gave us, whit skills.

-Skyhammer without skyhammer (i buy it)
-Battle of Khylos without trebuchet (i buy it)

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

Everybody just want to either yank you onto glass, or punt you off the edges. Can we please fix this map so there aren’t as many glass spots, or make it not on a cliff edge? Something has to give. It’s all engis, thieves, and rangers yanking and/or punting. It’s beyond old, it’s a dead horse.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Check out my signature. Most of us hate it.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Yeah, it’s unfortunate. It was really a neat map concept, but it doesn’t mesh well with GW2’s skillsets.

The main problem is that the map gets less fun when you build specifically for it, not more fun.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Hehe, I love it~

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: applecup.3047

applecup.3047

underwater combat > farmhammer

[III] Third Legio, Aurora Glade
An Officer and a Gentlewoman

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Underwater combat is pretty unbalanced.They would only have to remove the water,make 2 stairs on opposite sides,keep the mid point where it is and you got a perfectly playable map again without underwater combat

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Both are crap, but at least capricon was not in soloq…

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

They’re both unbalanced.

The reason why people don’t complain about Capricorn though is because it wasn’t in SoloQ.

I think both maps have a place in hotjoin. At least a drain-water version of Capricorn.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

yes! plz bring Capricon into soloQ instead of skyhammer. underwater combat > trollhammer

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

I hate too. this map engis abuses too much

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!