Skyhammer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I liked the atmosphere on capricorn, tropical/sunny with pirates. Sad that its gone.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Capricorn was not balanced, but I would have preferred dealing with Capricorn and underwater combat in Solo Queue as the lesser of two evils.

Bottom line is, people do not like getting one shot. In a PvP game, when you take away the feel of putting up a fight and introducing a mechanic that kills you instantly. It is not good. Generally people hate that.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Capricorn in solo or team arena… OMG THEY WOULD HAVE TO FIX UNDERWATER SKILLS. Not gonna happen

At least with skyhammer they only have to fix skills that push/pull/fear/grant stability/reflect.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Liberis.9573

Liberis.9573

How can I permanently block this map from my queue?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

How can I permanently block this map from my queue?

Gotta uninstall the game and break the discs, and to make sure you can’t download it, block all ANet associated IP’s, then change the p-word on your router/modem/firewall while you are blackout drunk so you can hopefully never undo the change.

Edit: first world filter problems

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

(edited by Realist.5812)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.4786

Ryan.4786

I would like to remind anet how much I hate playing on this map.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Souff.2671

Souff.2671

I would never buy GEMs until this is removed. I can’t believe Anet removed Raid of the Capricorn before this.

I’m not an english speaker. So my english is super poor. Very SOrry!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Know whats strange, PvE’ers like maps like Skyhammer (EoTM). However PvP’ers hate maps like this.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

The main problem is that the map gets less fun when you build specifically for it, not more fun.

Quoted for emphasis.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

Move this map out of the way, the most annoying BG ever, full only of trolls.
I wish who designed it could spend 5 hours non stop in skyhammer against the worst trolls of the entire game and see how much ’’fun’’ he’s getting……………

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

8868 views and still nothing? Every single time freakin skyhammer full of rtrd engis not even on tque ladder just abusing your broken map. Again…FIX YOUR kitten ANET, REMOVE THIS CRAP ALREADY. If you still claiming this map is fine you’re just getting more and more ridiculous since thinking this kitten is fine definately proves that you know kitten bout your own game. Stop looking stupid and fix your mistakes. Noone, outside a bunch of bads who can only do something abusing this ofc, wants this in rated tournaments…i’ve seen chinese mmos giving more kitten to player’s feedback than this.

Btw i just started doing something different from just going afk. I just play normally if my team has no engis, if my team has one or more engi i just ask for their build and if they’re cc spam for sh i just go afk. Their choice running something else playing fair or loosing 4v5. I invite all of you to do the same…just try to force them to play something that requires a bit more than 1kb and 1 immobilize or 1 pull, wanna go cheese? Then you go 4v5…np for me i don’t give a single kitten to soloq anyway i actually found teamates supporting me and going afk too just to make cheap nab engis lose…this is a team game, in soloq i can’t chose my mates but i can still chose to not support those who just abuse anet’s MISTAKES…always hoping to get them in tque too with no skyhammer just to roflstomp them all day long.

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

remove skyhammer

Sanctum of Rall

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

really, this is no fun. Remove it!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Belze Intilie.8436

Belze Intilie.8436

One SoloQ yesterday… i got skyhammer = quit =“fun”

Bro Code(x) (Mesmer), Bro Tect (Guard)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

8868 views and still nothing? Every single time freakin skyhammer full of rtrd engis not even on tque ladder just abusing your broken map. Again…FIX YOUR kitten ANET, REMOVE THIS CRAP ALREADY. If you still claiming this map is fine you’re just getting more and more ridiculous since thinking this kitten is fine definately proves that you know kitten bout your own game. Stop looking stupid and fix your mistakes. Noone, outside a bunch of bads who can only do something abusing this ofc, wants this in rated tournaments…i’ve seen chinese mmos giving more kitten to player’s feedback than this.

Btw i just started doing something different from just going afk. I just play normally if my team has no engis, if my team has one or more engi i just ask for their build and if they’re cc spam for sh i just go afk. Their choice running something else playing fair or loosing 4v5. I invite all of you to do the same…just try to force them to play something that requires a bit more than 1kb and 1 immobilize or 1 pull, wanna go cheese? Then you go 4v5…np for me i don’t give a single kitten to soloq anyway i actually found teamates supporting me and going afk too just to make cheap nab engis lose…this is a team game, in soloq i can’t chose my mates but i can still chose to not support those who just abuse anet’s MISTAKES…always hoping to get them in tque too with no skyhammer just to roflstomp them all day long.

Bad attitude buddy.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Skyhammer

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Getting yanked out of my first really really really good hotjoin game… really competitive… with about equal teams… for… guess what… kittenHAMMER.

Team comp? Ah yes… 2 mes, 2 eng, 1 thief… 2 thieves, 1 ranger, 2 mes other team.

Was fun…. NOT. Done with spvp for a long time again. Why should I bother with something so broken? Correct, I shouldnt.

Id rather go play some stupid moba game than waste my time on skyhammer.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: moonlightseal.6927

moonlightseal.6927

Lol this thread reminds my why I love skyhammer so much. In the wise words of the developer of Liadri the concealing dark “get good”.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

please delete this map

Sanctum of Rall

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

Really, is it still here?

I don’t know quite what the developers do each day, but stuff like doesn’t give me high hopes.

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I wish other maps would pop 7 out of 9 times in one night.

Even spirit watch.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Careful, if you comment on how bad skyhammer is you get banned. ArenaNet’s gotta keep the hype train up - only thing going for this game is baiting it’s player base with content/changes (which newsflash, will never come or will come and deliver 1/2 of what you expected and be boring).

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

Removing skyhammer from soloq is pretty much the main indicator that they have already written off pvp, it is a change that takes minutes and would get tons of praise but who cares about all of the 100+ post threads complaining about how terrible it is when you can make more easy farmville pve content (it really does remind me of a facebook game from 2007)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Woah they called me the Farmv"illest" bc I waz sick nasty. Aka cropmaster flex. I managed the fields erday

Säïnt

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: PSILO.4068

PSILO.4068

I like the Skyhammer because: Your team is essentially fighting over four areas as opposed to three for the entire match. It forces one to use some environmental awareness. The map mechanics often forces one to alter or completely change builds. It also neutralizes many “cheese” builds/play styles. So, in theory, this should make one a better overall player.

Oh, and the insta-rage it creates is hilarious.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I like the Skyhammer because: Your team is essentially fighting over four areas as opposed to three for the entire match. It forces one to use some environmental awareness. The map mechanics often forces one to alter or completely change builds. It also neutralizes many “cheese” builds/play styles. So, in theory, this should make one a better overall player.

Nope… no… no thanks… not here…. cya!

Phaatonn, London UK

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Belze Intilie.8436

Belze Intilie.8436

“It also neutralizes many “cheese” builds/play styles”.
Makes me laugh so hard. Skyhammer brought cheese to a new level -.-.
If i can get more points on my bunker-guard with kills (hammer-hole-in-one-golf), as on my zerker-chars…yes seems legit

Bro Code(x) (Mesmer), Bro Tect (Guard)

(edited by Belze Intilie.8436)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Dam that rage is so funny just thinking about it making me laugh.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

This is who really is behind skyhammer

Attachments:

-

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

just wondering why did anet include this in Solo Que ONLY but not in Team Que? this map is just really made for engies

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

A long time ago people complained about how horrific this map was to fight on so Anet removed it from the teamQ rotation. Instead of doing the same thing for soloQ they added it and have watched as threads like these pop up all the time. Not only this but some people will actually afk or leave a skyhammer match because they despise it so much.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Skyhammer was never in teamq rotation. However you guys are right, this map doesnt belong to any kind of competitive queue

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

just wondering why did anet include this in Solo Que ONLY but not in Team Que? this map is just really made for engies

Actually, that’s a common misconception by people who don’t know any of the classes, including their own. The only class that doesn’t have at least 3-4 useful skills/traits/utilities for side points/hammer is elementalist, and even they can somewhat adapt.

Skyhammer

in PvP

docMed.7692

Actually, that’s a common misconception by people who don’t know any of the classes, including their own. The only class that doesn’t have at least 3-4 useful skills/traits/utilities for side points/hammer is elementalist, and even they can somewhat adapt.

Dagger Lightening 5, Staff Lightening 3, Tornado Elite, plenty of ways to access stability and/or block + general stuns. Ele actually has quite a few options, the difference being though is their CD’s are insanely long, whereas an engi can use flamethrower, rifle knockback, turret explosions, reflects, torando, toolkit pull, and they have invis, stability, and block, all through this one single build. So, cool story about every class being able to do this and skyhammer not being aids; please convince us more.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Turret engineer… TOTALLY NOT CHEESE ! Ah yes, forgot… that one was actually created for skyhammer and spilled over to other maps from there…

Bunker guardian… oh wait, also doesnt have to change build or playstyle.

Thief? I actually just have to switch 1 utility skill, thanks.

Terrormancer? Not a single change.

MM? Have to get foot in grave… ah well… doesnt change my playstyle at all.

Mesmer? No change except for switching in focus.

Warrior? No change. Sometimes I switch in rifle for s&g.

Did I forget something? Ah yes… well… eles and ranger get kittened. But they can switch character.

How about you stop telling yourself you are actually good, just because you know how to abuse map design flaws and call that map mechanics?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

To be totally honest I want to like skyhammer and it can be done if it saw some changes. The cannon should be dodge able and should do less damage. The glass panels also should have a slightly longer period before they break and there needs to be more enclosed space to the side points and cannon room so it’s not just a huge knock back fest that caters to certain classes. If these were implemented then skyhammer would actually be a decent map.

Säïnt

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

skyhammer brings the lols. WOuld like to see it gone though

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

So, cool story about every class being able to do this and skyhammer not being aids; please convince us more.

1. See Skyham pop, relog as engi. Problem solved.
2. Hotjoin, TeamQ or PvE so you don’t have to Skyham.
3. Harden up, know your role, know your enemy, stay away from edges, play better and have fun.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Remove skyhammer – add the new map you can play in custom arenas already.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

This map needs to go. July 15th, let’s remove it pls. ty

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

Remove it from solo queue, pls.
See previous topic with similar title for reasons. Making another since no dev response received.

Thief

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

Pretty kittening please remove

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

The funny thing is, that some of the tactics on that map could be definitly called exploits.
For example thief builds specially constructed only to scorpionwire ppl down.
Instakill out of invisibility by exploiting a map.
In other games ppl would get banned for that, especially because its influencing ppl in a direct way.
In GW2 thats protected exploiting , cause its skyhammer and developers are so friggin proud of their kittenmap.

#ELEtism

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

i was here.

Pls remove thx

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

Skyhammer PvP PvD! Player vs Defenestration

I got it 3 games in a row last night and I 6 out of my last 8 soloQ games. I play engineer and I STILL want the map to get off soloQ. (My team won 4/6 of the skyhammers in any case)

I got raged at last night for taking and holding mid whenever I could(which was 70% of the match) because I should have been getting hammer or going to the sides to push and pull players to death. Well kitten that. I don’t want to play that crap. I don’t like it when its done to me and I don’t want to do it to others. That’s why this map shouldn’t be on a rated competitive queues. Keep it in hotjoin. I am not going to do the whole “cant beat em join em” bullkitten. I want to PvP not PvD..

Skyhammer may be fun as hell in hotjoin for people who want to build around GRIEFING style of play, because that is what it is.

One shot kills for which there is little to no defense is griefing…

Or I can just stay at B and everyone can just suck it

Skyhammer

in PvP

docMed.7692

So, cool story about every class being able to do this and skyhammer not being aids; please convince us more.

1. See Skyham pop, relog as engi. Problem solved.
2. Hotjoin, TeamQ or PvE so you don’t have to Skyham.
3. Harden up, know your role, know your enemy, stay away from edges, play better and have fun.

Um, I’m a top 100 soloQ player running Warrior GS/Rifle (lol!). Trust me, I have an idea of how to PvP on skyham even with a build that is terrible for the map. Thanks for the feedback though. I, along with many others, simply do not enjoy the map - I win on Skyhammer all the time.

(edited by docMed.7692)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

plz plz plz pretty plz remove anet

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Gell.5907

Gell.5907

So you think you’ve seen it all? Crazy amount of knockbacks, falling and not dying and other fun stuff?

Nah, consider this: Skyhammer, new and improved, now with swimming!

http://imgur.com/a/xT2Ho

(I got knocked off the map, fell and died; respawned, immediately started falling again and fell through the bottom sand floor, too. Couldn’t swim up/jump up on the sand.)

Tasty N Plush, Perty The Perturbed [HaBB]
Desolation

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Clearly, this is the best map mechanic ever

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

I do love Skyhammer … sooooo much fun. makes me giggle nonstop. If you don’t like crazy moariffic fun, i wouldn’t recommend it for you

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Me and my newly formed buddy tried to go to said resort as well.

http://i.imgur.com/rzI43bl.jpg

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg