Xista.7391

seconded

15charrs

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Would be cool if we could have a CDI on what makes a good map. I’m sure we are going to get more conquest maps sometime in GW2’s lifespan. It would be nice to communicate to devs what we want instead of them making the monstrosities that are Skyhammer, and to a lesser extent – Spirit Watch.

(edited by Xista.7391)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

If I vaguely remember why anet devs wanted to keep skyhammer it was something along the lines of “we didn’t expect people to tryhard in soloq, just have fun”. We can close the book on this thread /done

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Yea soloque is the casual fun place to test builds and play new classes :/
Hotjoin 2.0, without the random leavers..
People go try hard… on it though..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It is a good map for hot join. It is horrible for solo queue though. Since I could care less about leaderboards and all of that, I have a new approach to skyhammer…. If the queue pops, and it says skyhammer, I just log off and do something else.

Games should be fun. This map isn’t balanced well, so I have no interest in playing it.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: James Megawatt.9021

James Megawatt.9021

Hi,

can we get a vote where we can choose to either keep or remove skyhammer from soloQ? Each account should be able to vote once, we know it’s possible, like with the International All-Stars voting. Denying us this vote is denying democracy.

Thank you

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I think the Queing system need rework.

After the Solo Q notice is up, you have 30 seconds period to decide whether you’ll participate or not. If you decide not to participate, the que will go directly down to next player. The game debriefing timer will start counting once there’re 10 people who decide to participate.

That way, trollers who enjoy trolling people in skyhammer will get along together, having 10 dedicated trollers trolling each other, while the rest of the community can get away this crap and have some real PVP elsewhere.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

After the Solo Q notice is up, you have 30 seconds period to decide whether you’ll participate or not. If you decide not to participate, the que will go directly down to next player. The game debriefing timer will start counting once there’re 10 people who decide to participate.

That way, trollers who enjoy trolling people in skyhammer will get along together, having 10 dedicated trollers trolling each other, while the rest of the community can get away this crap and have some real PVP elsewhere.

That’s a really good idea

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Aomine.5012

A map veto system would make more sense. Aomine’s system would make queues unnecessarily long and complicated.

But hey, if people can finally get rid of Skyhammer, I’m sure more people will actually que up right? Plus sometimes you just don’t want to participate in some maps, and is willing to pass on.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yes please! I hope ANET sees this thread.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

So basically you want a System like in LoL?

Where once a match is created all 10 ppl have to aggree before the match even starts, and if one declines it takes the next one?
That’s a good overall idea. (of course with showing you the map)

Unfortunatly that thread is going to be merged with megathread unread, cause of the topic

#ELEtism

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

And again, i got skyhammer twice in a row. Just Alt-F4 and went reading the forums and watching some videos while i waited for the match to finish. Log back in, enter Q, skyhammer again.

Once again, Alt-F4, got depressed, played skyrim.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

i can’t stand wanting to play 1 more match and getting this trash map

Sanctum of Rall

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

if you’re tired of having to wait out this cr…map then just do what i do and boycott tournaments completely.
i’m sick of gambling a 1 in 6 chance of afking for 15 minutes.

what is wrong with you anet, your community is fairly unanimous in our loathing for this map, why can’t you take 5 minutes to remove it from queues and rotations?
i don’t think you’re that stupid, so is it just sheer stubbornness?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

And again, i had this map appear not once, not twice, but three times in a row… dun care if i get dishonored for logging out. It is a small price to pay to not play this unfair and 100% imbalanced map.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Every time SkyHammer pops, a fairy dies somewhere. Remove this map from SoloQ please

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Hollandse Warrior.4653

Hollandse Warrior.4653

Found a hardcore boycot today in soloq, seems like i didnt need to spam cc on cannon at unfair map.

Attachments:

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

O please anet plase after months and months of people complaining about skyhammer, at least give us this option.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Skyhammer would get vetoed almost always. It would be effectively removed.

There could even be a system like WOW’s: you select one or two maps that you simply do not want to ever get. Skyhammer would be effectively removed with that system as well.

So basically you want a System like in LoL?

Where once a match is created all 10 ppl have to aggree before the match even starts, and if one declines it takes the next one?
That’s a good overall idea. (of course with showing you the map)

Unfortunatly that thread is going to be merged with megathread unread, cause of the topic

asked for both like year ago, fell on deaf ears

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

It’s easier to just get rid of that pathetic map. Everyone would veto it anyways.

Leman

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

/signed

How long till its merged now

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: James Megawatt.9021

James Megawatt.9021

Yeah, even in counter-strike GO you can choose which maps you want/don’t want to play when queuing up for a competitive game

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Do it!

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Hi,

Each account should be able to vote once, we know it’s possible, like with the International All-Stars voting. Denying us this vote is denying democracy.

That was a good argument, +1000000

Also, unfortunately the community brought up so many idea’s, but if they don’t listen… Well we can’t change that nor Anet.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Lol :o

/15char

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

I thought it would be appropriate to share the in-game opinions of Skyhammer that I observed in map/team chat, and the Mists. The forums are a small minority, so I wanted to catalog what people thought about the map while playing it and share it with you.

It didn’t take me long to make this.

(None of these comments are my own. Just what I observed. 90% of it in soloQ)

Attachments:

(edited by Xista.7391)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

I also screen-shotted positive comments while playing Skyhammer.

Attachments:

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

it takes a special kind of stubbornness to ignore the majority of the playerbase like Anet are doing on the Skyhammer subject.

what do they hope to gain by leaving in a map that most of us despise?
at this point they can’t hide under the excuse that its only a vocal minority that hate this map, it is evident every time the map rotation gets to skyhammer in hotjoin and almost everybody leaves.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

This thread can go die in a hole now.

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

+1

and spiritwatch too cause this map need a team to play so its fine for teamQ and this map is full with e-sport

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

What I like about Skyhammer is the jump pads and the vertically. They just need to get rid of the skyhammer and glass windows.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Tilah.3041

Tilah.3041

It’s funny when someone grips you to the glass and you manage to live.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Why not Capricorn as well?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

from this moment on i will afk every single skyhammer that comes up in soloque as protest. i’m so sick of engineers/necros speccing for this very map and knockbacking/fearing everyone and instantly killing.

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

Any way why capri isnt on solo queue or hot join ? do we have soooo many maps they we can actually delete them ?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Aomine.5012

Let’s add Count Yard in Team Q!!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Tseikk.9032

too bad i’m doing nothing you could punish me for

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

too bad i’m doing nothing you could punish me for

sad but true

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Tseikk.9032

who has informed you to fill in false reports? i’m not botting

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

who has informed you to fill in false reports? i’m not botting

ignore the answers – you do it right – you paid same for gw2 than any other
and when the game is kitten (unfun) you paid for than dont play it (afk) – simple

google more fun than skyhammer so arenanet has to fix this – not the player

more should afk this kitten map

(edited by Romek.4201)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Everybody Rosa Parks Skyhammer! Goshdarn it my frands we want to be at the front of the bus! Just do what Vee Wee does and stop playing solo Q! That way you don’t ruin the game for the 3 people who enjoy Skyhammer!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Tseikk.9032

what if i don’t enjoy getting stomped by the same premade team again and again? (i actually did play soloteamq some time ago)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Premade teams aren’t invincible! Vee Wee has beaten many premade teams with 4 other random people! Carry your team to victory! Yippee!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

in my opinion skyhammer can stay in SoloQ
the only kitten anet Needs to do is that everyplayer get the same rewards and a win or loose do not Count in ladder.
I mean in such an unbalanced map the winner cant get any honor because of that. It just means the Team has the better kitten CC/fear/knockback/pull builds or Plays against 4 or 3 People.
And a loose is no disgrace just because the called reasons.

And Anet should in General do not Count 4v5 in ladder. When the 5th isnt there since start then the match isnt fair. That. Is. Fact.
When someone leaves in mid of game, the Party was just so bad that it is just time wasting to Play anymore and would had lost anyways.
I had some minutes ago a 4v5 in soloQ and we lost 450:500 and we 4 were great Players and we still lost just because one was missing

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

If you play the casual pvp mode… don’t take it seriously :/
If you want to play serious play teamque.
Keep that tryhard kitten out of my casual non-competitive game mode…

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Any way why capri isnt on solo queue or hot join ? do we have soooo many maps they we can actually delete them ?

Because they are reworking capricorn into a 100% underwater map. Can’t wait. It be awesome!

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

NO! Please don’t!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

If you play the casual pvp mode… don’t take it seriously :/
If you want to play serious play teamque.
Keep that tryhard kitten out of my casual non-competitive game mode…

The casual PvP mode is hotjoin. SoloQ are for those who want a competitive environment without a team.

I agree, I don’t take it seriously. No one should. I don’t get mad if my team has 4 thieves or if they rotate poorly. That’s the random nature of soloQ and you have to accept it. Most people do.

What people don’t accept is having the most unbalanced map in the rotation. No other map gives a few specs the ability to one shot people. Keep those types of maps to hotjoin where people can’t switch to there decap profession before the game starts. At least in hotjoin you have the option to not play the map.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

It’s funny when someone grips you to the glass and you manage to live.

It’s also funny when the exact opposite happens.

. . .

Happens to me at least once every other Skyham.

Attachments:

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Demonoid.1974

Demonoid.1974

We need to start a petition to for this!

http://www.twitch.tv/demonold/profile
-complain less, train harder-