Such as: a map with environmental effects that rewards bunkier characters
Such as: a map with random items to use that are laying on the ground
Such as: bringing back underwater combat, with a few balances

The game is more fun with different types of play
The thing that most people who complain about GW2 don’t understand is:
GW2 has a firm rock/paper/scissors effect in pvp
Some builds counter other builds but are weak to a certain other build
Some builds are great in some circumstances but bad in others

Skyhammer only catches grief because it is the only remaining “circumstantial” map
And players think it’s imbalanced because it rewards cc builds
Where as the other maps are plain jane and don’t really reward any particular build

Rather than removing Skyhammer, they should add more circumstantial maps
Ones that reward different types of builds, not cc builds
This would add flavor and add to the game’s dynamic

I’m trying to figure out if trolling or serious

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Ark 2nd Account

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

FOR kitten SAKE REMOVE THIS kittenING CRAP

not even mad, but rly

Skyhammer

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Like helseth said on another stream “Skyhammer just makes ppl quit this game”

There are no positive points on this map…NO EVEN ONE

(Keep in mind dat being able to win because even if you are terribad you can still kill ppl with cheese specs IT’S NOT a good point)

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

I wonder how many more post in this topic will be needed till they remove this kittenty map
10k? Because we can spam this kitten till 10 k fast if thats what it takes

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Skyhammer

in PvP

Marcos.3690

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

It’s your own fault for playing solo Q! If everybody just listened to Vee Wee and boycotted solo Q, Anet would be forced to remove Skyhammer! My frands! We must unite under one banner! The Skyhammer Sucks Pee Pee banner! And we must all work together to achieve the one goal that we’ve been working so hard to achieve! Now is the time my frands! Now is the time! Rosa Parks Skyhammer! We want the good seats golly gee willikers!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Rosa Parks Skyhammer!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

I like it.

But nothing at this point will point A-net in the right direction of removing Skyhammer, that is just a long and painful learning process that they will eventually slog through.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Skyhammer

in PvP

Marcos.3690

If you want to achieve that boycot the gemstore instead

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

It’s your own fault for playing solo Q! If everybody just listened to Vee Wee and boycotted solo Q, Anet would be forced to remove Skyhammer! My frands! We must unite under one banner! The Skyhammer Sucks Pee Pee banner! And we must all work together to achieve the one goal that we’ve been working so hard to achieve! Now is the time my frands! Now is the time! Rosa Parks Skyhammer! We want the good seats golly gee willikers!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

/shoo

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

If I had no empathy for you I’d write “First Worlds Problems”
but like this I have to say:
I understand your pain!

#ELEtism

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Good idea Vee.

Skyhammer

in PvP

mPascoal.4258

Boy another topic to be fused with the massive mother ship that is the Skyhammer topic

I think it needs a bit more hate, not enough yet

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

Skyhammer is comedy.. furthermore, people whining about it when winning/losing on Skyhammer is of little consequence is even more comedy.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I like Skyhammer.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

@mooty try getting this map 3x in a row 4v5. It’s not fun. I play guard on this map for the banish Lols but I got to say playing 4v5 all the time on this map takes all the fun out for both sides. It wasn’t nearly as bad before as it is now. It has gone past the point of ridiculousness where one can expect that atleast one person will drop out. For that reason alone this map should be removed from solo q rotation.
Want to add that I don’t “hate” the map. It makes me laugh a lot. But I do hate playing in a 4v5 even if I am the one on a full team.

B O I N K

(edited by DanzelOPP.5068)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

the reason why they’re not removing skyhammer is because they try to improve its mechanics.
imo that’s a waste of time but children usually don’t throw away toys they like.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Vee Wee remembers half a year ago a dev messaged Ostrich Eggs, #1 most vocal Skyhammer critic NA, on how to improve Skyhammer! The dev mentioned something like increasing the time it takes for the panels to disappear! That was half a year ago! Arenanet doesn’t seem to understand that a tiny change can have profound effects on the game! And not changing anything until you think it’s perfect (and it never is) means nothing is changed!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Marcos.3690

Vee Wee remembers half a year ago a dev messaged Ostrich Eggs, #1 most vocal Skyhammer critic NA, on how to improve Skyhammer! The dev mentioned something like increasing the time it takes for the panels to disappear! That was half a year ago! Arenanet doesn’t seem to understand that a tiny change can have profound effects on the game! And not changing anything until you think it’s perfect (and it never is) means nothing is changed!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Changing the behaviour of the panels is such a big feature it will have to come in the 1st expansion 2016

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

let’s be honnest, pvp is pure fail on gw²
Rank means nothing (enjoy the skykittenfarm), map are bad design, soloq / hotjoin is a joke
Sad but nothing will change

Skyhammer

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

let’s be honnest, pvp is pure fail on gw²
Rank means nothing (enjoy the skykittenfarm), map are bad design, soloq / hotjoin is a joke
Sad but nothing will change

gw2 pvp had/has a big potential if only the devs would support it a bit more. we need faster patches, especially for fixes, and feature patches with new stuff every 3 months.

we need money tournaments. legendaries and gems are nice but you can’t live with that and not many “pros” will play it competively if they don’t get rewarded properly. i believe that arenanet makes enough money to host cash tournaments. even if it’s 500$ and bigger tournaments like the PAX with 10k$. it doesn’t have to be millions like from dota2 tourneys…

map design (skyham and spiritwatch excluded) is not bad. most of the maps are solid. the problem is that conquest is not really an interesting game mode compared to gw1 GvG. a mod stated that they’re working on new game modes.

players make soloQ a joke. while the leaderboards and the matchmaking suck it’s the players who go afk or play bad.

who cares about hotjoin?

add seasons with seasonal rewards.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Awaltir.5302

Awaltir.5302

Got this broken map 3 time in a row and don’t want to play pvp for next few weeks.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Yelabela.2718

Yelabela.2718

Dear Anet,

This map rewards low skill and trollish tactics, and it should be removed please.

…pretty please with a cherry on top?

Sincerely,

Not Enough Stability in the World

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I. Hate. This. Map.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

if there is one thing we should learn from dcuo is that threads like this need at least 33 pages before they are taken seriously.
#dualwieldingneverforget

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

well if understand the plan of anet
hotjoin = learn/practice
then go
soloq for first competitive approch
both are epic
i agree with the need of fast update, but look at 4v5 problem, simple to fix, close 2y later still here so …

Skyhammer

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

then tell us your simple fix, a system that can’t be abused or griefed/trolled with. i think if it really was that simple arenanet would’ve fixed it a long time ago.
or at least that’s what i hope…

Skyhammer

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Ark 2nd Account

Skyhammer

in PvP

Marcos.3690

skyhammer is actually the best map

lol jk it’s crap

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

@mooty try getting this map 3x in a row 4v5. It’s not fun. I play guard on this map for the banish Lols but I got to say playing 4v5 all the time on this map takes all the fun out for both sides. It wasn’t nearly as bad before as it is now. It has gone past the point of ridiculousness where one can expect that atleast one person will drop out. For that reason alone this map should be removed from solo q rotation.
Want to add that I don’t “hate” the map. It makes me laugh a lot. But I do hate playing in a 4v5 even if I am the one on a full team.

4v5 is a reality of sPvP, particularly hot join… it can happen on any map. It’s annoying but the solution to that (should it be completely unacceptable to you) is always to play with people you can count on.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: rEaPeX.8415

rEaPeX.8415

i came back after months of inactivity just to see that skyhammer is still in the soloQ rotation….
back then, everyone hated it and nothing has changed, but still no remove….i really can’t understand this

R E A P E X – Necromancer – EU

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Konoha.4613

Konoha.4613

This map is horrible please remove, it is literally the reason I dont solo Q. Spirit watch is terrible too but everyone overlooks it because of this map.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: jogq.6721

jogq.6721

I love the map, to me it’s the true test of a good player that knows how to use the terrain to his advantage. IMO we need more maps that test people ability to use the terrain just as much as their other skills. Besides it’s a game and I have learned to love dropping to my death because I wasn’t careful of where I was standing.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It is crazy how little ANET cares about the opinions of its fan base. They wonder why they can’t get anyone to watch their tournaments without bribing people with precursors or finishers.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Blu should bring it up if he finds a dev at gamecon.

I think Guildmag ( i think that’s the name ) has a scheduled interview as well with an Anet employee. They had a reddit thread asking for questions. Skyhammer was up there.

We should get an answer within a week.

But I have a feeling we’ll get the Colin-esque stare (from when he was asked about Cantha) from an Anet employee.

http://i.imgur.com/yDZqJTL.png

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

(edited by Xista.7391)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

Anet, I’m done with being angry and frustrated and seeing all these people who value your game being ignored.

So if you read any of these comments, read this one.
Stop looking at the game from a devs perspective and start seeing it from ours, then you will understand where all this is coming from. It is impossible to realise from where you are sitting what state your game is in, because that’s where we come in. We have been polite, we have been mad, but all we want is to better your game and our experience in it.

So all I’m saying is if you want this game to live out the potential you, me and everyone in this pvp community knows it has, you need to start taking the players seriously when this many of them tell you something is wrong. It won’t be easy to admit that this map wasn’t the best idea but that’s the first step to making your playerbase happy, and ultimately your game all the more better.

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

i was promised something magical would happen when this thread got to 1k comments with no dev response.

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: lindstroem.3601

lindstroem.3601

Dear Anet,

This map rewards low skill and trollish tactics, and it should be removed please.

Sincerely,

And where is the difference to the other maps, where the best AE spammer wins? Dont tell me that this requires more skill.

Majority is crying, cause their copy ‘n’ pasted condi bunker build from the internet doesnt dominate like on the other maps. The same reason why spiritwatch is also so unpopular. Hope this map and spiritwatch will stay forever in soloq to have some variety in the boring conquest meta.

(edited by lindstroem.3601)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Bojoo.7819

Bojoo.7819

i was looking at todays announcement for PvP Armor & Reward Track and took at closer look at first image

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ddb8aModel-Standardization.jpg

skyham still in soloq rotation

on bright side at least you will be pushed/pulled by human model engi now

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

i was looking at todays announcement for PvP Armor & Reward Track and took at closer look at first image

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ddb8aModel-Standardization.jpg

Nope, rat people will still be in soloq – model standartization is in teamq.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Interesting then that they post a picture of model standardization on skyhammer then.

Phaatonn, London UK

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Bojoo.7819

Bojoo.7819

i forgot about that for a sec and i was happy

now i’m not

Skyhammer

in PvP

mPascoal.4258

Dear Anet,

Sincerely,

And where is the difference to the other maps, where the best AE spammer wins? Dont tell me that this requires more skill.

Majority is crying, cause their copy ‘n’ pasted condi bunker build from the internet doesnt dominate like on the other maps. The same reason why spiritwatch is also so unpopular. Hope this map and spiritwatch will stay forever in soloq to have some variety in the boring conquest meta.

Ah no
Skyhammer is just cancer
From all maps this one can kill you alone, just fall over the edge and BAM! dead. Ppl exploit this and since not all classes have acess to Stab and Fear, heavy CC classes like Engi, necro mesmer dominate there. And once you have the hammer you don’t lose team fights. With a hammer room like that the team with more CC or AOE wins basicly. SPAM ALL THE SKILLS AND HOPE THEY FALL

Spirit Watch needs adjustements and it will be fine Imo, Skyhammer needs to dissapier

It’s more frequent seeing ppl loging out the game once they see Skyhammer q, but not in any of the other maps. I think thats means something

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: FourSixZed.5379

FourSixZed.5379

Thief – Team X [tX]

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Dear Anet,

Sincerely,

Ah no
Skyhammer is just cancer
From all maps this one can kill you alone, just fall over the edge and BAM! dead. Ppl exploit this and since not all classes have acess to Stab and Fear, heavy CC classes like Engi, necro mesmer dominate there. And once you have the hammer you don’t lose team fights. With a hammer room like that the team with more CC or AOE wins basicly. SPAM ALL THE SKILLS AND HOPE THEY FALL

Spirit Watch needs adjustements and it will be fine Imo, Skyhammer needs to dissapier

It’s more frequent seeing ppl loging out the game once they see Skyhammer q, but not in any of the other maps. I think thats means something

I agree, also note that cc and aoe are already extremely powerful in this game, and generally require a relatively low level of skill to use. Skyhammer is almost the opposite of what the community has asked for in terms of the evolution of gameplay.

Indeed, one good thing that could be taken from it when developing new games/maps is to just do the exact opposite of everything in skyhammer and you are almost guaranteed to make something good.

Skyhammer

in PvP

mPascoal.4258

My daily bump for the glorius Skyhammer
Oh if you don’t go away at 9th of Setember, prepare for a war ANet

I might create a guild just for those who hate Skyhammer. I guess I can start upgrading for 500 members I feel it will get full pretty quick

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Nemiros.3590

Nemiros.3590

This is my favorite map, please Anet, dont listen to the trolls.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

obligatory “no more skyhammer” post/bump
get rid of it anet, seriously

Fix what you have before you build something new

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Spky.7693

Spky.7693

Please remove skyhammer from SoloQ.