More Skimpy Armor Please? [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caatalyst.7289

Caatalyst.7289

That’s never going to happen it would turn the game into an MMOO (Massive Multi Orgasm Online)

in Suggestions

Posted by: kmaeropa.3986

kmaeropa.3986

I also wish for more variety in armor skins. I personally love the intricacies of different armor skins and I especially think the medium armor skins are lacking in variety. I am so sick of the trench coats!

As for the ‘skimpy’ armor skins for the light skins, I see what the issue is with previous posters but I don’t understand why it’s becoming such a huge issue. I don’t think what someone chooses to wear, in a fantasy mmo, should affect how you feel about them. This does not reflect how they are as a person or how effectively they can play. But if you choose not to play with them for those reasons then that choice is yours.

If one of you’re complaints is that they’re standing next to you in Lions Arch then I’m not even sure how to address this….

Can’t we all just agree that we want more armor skins across all the races, genders, and classes, skimpy and non-skimpy?

Bubbles Utonium X, Khali Mae – Maguuma [PYRO]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

@kmaeropa that is exactly what I been trying to say, but no one seems to listen.

What I am thinking is more like, those skimpy armors already in the game, no more skimpy than those. I like the winged set and human t3 for light and medium. I like the named set and such.

My greatest wish is a sylvari plant medium armor that have same covering as t3 human or the named set. Because on one side I really really really want her beautyful glow to show, and on the other I just think plant armor is the only way to go with sylvari.

It’s not really about being sexy, it is about showing the artistic look and the customization and put into my character in its creation. This goes for sylvari, charr and norn especially, due to skin patterns and glow, fur patterns and color and tattoos. Asura actually got quite interesting skin patterns too. For me humans are the least interesting ones, artisticly. I will however get t3 cultural for my human engineer too, I just like the overall look of that.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Hmm, I think the winged set would be better on a sylvari, for human, it might be a bit too skimpy to my liking.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roktar.2497

Roktar.2497

No please no more skimpy armors, make REAL armors, not a piece of metal showing skin and boobs…..

in Suggestions

Caatalyst.7289

No please no more skimpy armors, make REAL armors, not a piece of metal showing skin and boobs…..

This thread is referring to the medium armour, not heavy plated armour.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roktar.2497

Roktar.2497

It can be applied to every single type of armour. T3 human cultural, and all the “thief” theme ones for example…

I’m not against skimpy armors, but this game has 90% skimpy and 10% normal. It’s a bit too much IMO.

in Suggestions

Caatalyst.7289

You’ve just completely made up those statistics.

The only available piece of armour that looks ‘skimpy’ for medium armour wearers is the human T3 outfit.

Maybe this might be the case for light armour wearers but that’s not what this thread is about.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

It can be applied to every single type of armour. T3 human cultural, and all the “thief” theme ones for example…

I’m not against skimpy armors, but this game has 90% skimpy and 10% normal. It’s a bit too much IMO.

I beg to differ

3) I did some checking and have found these numbers for female armors

• Human Light: 10 Skimpy, 25 Full Coverage, 1 Questionable
  • Human Medium: 2 Skimpy, 34 Full Coverage, 2 Questionable
  • Human Heavy: 4 Skimpy, 31 Full Coverage, 3 Questionable
  • Norn & Sylvari differ by 1-2 per armor class from the numbers on Human
  • Male armor’s differ by 3-7 per armor class

Norn Cultural: 1 Light, 2 Medium, 2 Heavy
Sylvari Cultural: 2 Light, 1 Medium, 1 Heavy
Charr Cultural: 0 Light, 1 Medium, 0 Heavy
Asura Cultural: 0 ALL

As you can clearly see there are a total of 26 “skimpy” vs 123 non-skimpy female armors… I’m no math major here but by my calculations that is 82.5% Non-skimpy and 17.5% skimpy.

If we add in the 4 “super skimpy” (1 Light, 3 Heavy) armors that exist on Males… and the 3 “skimpy” Norn Male cultural…

That brings us to 33 “skimpy” vs 249 non-skimpy… 12% “skimpy” 88% non-skimpy.

The number’s don’t lie, and if you don’t trust my numbers here, feel free to go look at all 282 armor sets in the game and run the numbers for yourself.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

(edited by Panda.1967)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I beg to differ

3) I did some checking and have found these numbers for female armors

• Human Light: 10 Skimpy, 25 Full Coverage, 1 Questionable
  • Human Medium: 2 Skimpy, 34 Full Coverage, 2 Questionable
  • Human Heavy: 4 Skimpy, 31 Full Coverage, 3 Questionable
  • Norn & Sylvari differ by 1-2 per armor class from the numbers on Human
  • Male armor’s differ by 3-7 per armor class

Norn Cultural: 1 Light, 2 Medium, 2 Heavy
Sylvari Cultural: 2 Light, 1 Medium, 1 Heavy
Charr Cultural: 0 Light, 1 Medium, 0 Heavy
Asura Cultural: 0 ALL

As you can clearly see there are a total of 26 “skimpy” vs 123 non-skimpy female armors… I’m no math major here but by my calculations that is 82.5% Non-skimpy and 17.5% skimpy.

If we add in the 4 “super skimpy” (1 Light, 3 Heavy) armors that exist on Males… and the 3 “skimpy” Norn Male cultural…

That brings us to 33 “skimpy” vs 249 non-skimpy… 12% “skimpy” 88% non-skimpy.

The number’s don’t lie, and if you don’t trust my numbers here, feel free to go look at all 282 armor sets in the game and run the numbers for yourself.

My guess is what he is actually saying is, 90% (here he made up a number) of the females he sees are wearing skimpy armor. Which makes the point, if a large percent of the females you see are wearing skimpy armor which is a small percent of the choices available then that tells you what people want more of.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Suggestions

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

I would like to see more male armor that exposes more. I chose my tattoos as a Norn, and my skin pattern and glow as a Sylvari and would like to see it.

There are some armor choices in the heavy class that suffice, but for light and medium armor wearers, none.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

My guess is what he is actually saying is, 90% (here he made up a number) of the females he sees are wearing skimpy armor. Which makes the point, if a large percent of the females you see are wearing skimpy armor which is a small percent of the choices available then that tells you what people want more of.

This would be a zero-value statistic even if ANet itself polled it because it’s skewed by circumstance. Many of the skimpy armors in-game are low-level and therefore lack detail. I would hazard that it is likely that even people who like skimpy armor may not wear those because they either “look cheap” or “look bad”. Furthermore, many of the high-end armors for certain race combinations are skimpy, and sometimes people who don’t like skimpy armor use them simply because they “cost a lot” or “have high detail”.

In my opinion, everyone should have what they want. There should be more high-end and low-end covering and skimpy armor sets alike, and players should never feel funneled one way or the other by ANet’s designs.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Suggestions

Caatalyst.7289

This would be a zero-value statistic even if ANet itself polled it because it’s skewed by circumstance. Many of the skimpy armors in-game are low-level and therefore lack detail. I would hazard that it is likely that even people who like skimpy armor may not wear those because they either “look cheap” or “look bad”. Furthermore, many of the high-end armors for certain race combinations are skimpy, and sometimes people who don’t like skimpy armor use them simply because they “cost a lot” or “have high detail”.

In my opinion, everyone should have what they want. There should be more high-end and low-end covering and skimpy armor sets alike, and players should never feel funneled one way or the other by ANet’s designs.

+1

in Suggestions

Posted by: AshBenzo.8923

AshBenzo.8923

Mad queen falafide, you can’t compare this game to real life, it’s not the same. The better you learn that the better you’re life would get, but i’d doubt you’d look in reality.
Stop trying to make this game realistic, please stop.
This is about me, wanting options for those who like skimpy armor.

Not about you telling whats realistic and what isn’t because it’s obvious to all of us that this game is no where near realistic.
I don’t know if you’re trying to troll but if you can’t understand the game is not realistic, then you’re really aren’t smart at all.
So just stop trying to convince people this game is realistic, and everything should be as realistic as possible.
We all have our own opinion, if you don’t like it then please feel free to reply about your opinion on skimpy armor, don’t have to go over and over and over and OVER again on how it’s not realistic and talk about back flipping and calling people stupid, and trying to tell people you don’t like people to see your underwear, just stop. If you don’t like people looking at your character’s underwear then simply don’t WEAR it.

I just don’t understand how someone can be so blind with the fact that the game is not realistic at all.

(edited by AshBenzo.8923)

in Suggestions

AshBenzo.8923

Please read the rest of my post before replying, so you get full understanding of what I’m trying to say.

(The Reasoning)

I understand that there will be some who disagrees and some who do agrees. But there are lots of fully clothed armour types for those who don’t like the skimpy stuff but it would be really nice if there was more skimpy stuff for those who do like it.

(I’m a female myself and me and my friends happen to like revealing armor.)

Oh and I do not see it as objectifying women… some women LIKE to show skin, strong women that are proud of their body and don’t care about the stereotypes of society.

After all, this is an MMO and we should be able to dress our characters the way we want it to be. You shouldn’t hate someone for wanting to look like this, it isn’t your character.

All
we are asking is for more choices for those who do like them. And I’m sure, that there are way more people who prefer and don’t mind them then there are people who dislike them.

Where did somewhat immature and whimsical, but also absolutely essential staples of fantasy fashion go?

This game is lacking Skimpy Armor and we need more. I’m not saying every single piece of gear should be skimpy, I’m saying there should be at least a few more.

I’m not saying that skimpy armor should just be for females, in fact there is a lot of males gaming characters in which their armor is revealing. Such as, Kratos from God of Wars and Leonidas from Spartan total warriors.

Before you say revealing armor is not realistic at all, does gloves and chest pieces with flames or floating cubes realistic?
I’d like to remind you that this game and other MMOs alike, where people carry a zoo in their pockets and fling fire from their fingertips, 200 foot tall boss being destroyed, wrecked and somehow held back by a single 3 foot tall Asura and all evil in the world mysteriously revives itself after time even when proclaimed defeated. There is enough applied magic and game-mechanic-elements that are more an offense to logic and immersion than presumably enchanted jockstrap providing the same protection as slightly less enchanted spiky armored greaves with skulls on their kneecaps.

One point I agree with is various Asian allegedly-free-games using skimpy armor to an atrocious extent as a marketing gimmick, but I’m not asking for that. I ask for choice in the matter.

Please remember to stay on topic and keep up a constructive and positive discussion on these forums.
All
we are asking
is for more choices for those who do like them.
I mean lets be honest here, there is probably way more to those that don’t mind them and like them then there are those that do not like them. When describe female characters in the world of FAN ARTS, you’d see that most of them are in more skin revealing armor. Most of female fan arts are in revealing armor! why is that? because it just appeal to people more, not just to male but also to female.
It just looks good and sexy, even females are willing to cosplay that way and enter competition that way because it just looks sexy.

(edited by AshBenzo.8923)

in Suggestions

AshBenzo.8923

For later use
f
f
f
f
f

in Suggestions

Posted by: Treeckoluv.3742

Treeckoluv.3742

Great, let’s let the art style become just like a Korean factory MMO!

Also, I’d rather not have a better idea what AFKs are doing while they’re, er, afk in that armor…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

You’re a dude, right?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direngrey.8376

Direngrey.8376

I am a famale, and I don’t really care too much about the revealing of skin or armor, ( that makes it sound like I am a harlot, which I am not )

Revealing clothing for any gender has been used for years, Marvel and DC do it all the time, as well as any story, where you’d see some goddess who barely has any clothes on, it’s what attracts people.

If you don’t like revealing clothing on your character then don’t wear it.

I don’t like when people sag their pants in real life, but it’s not my business so I carry on with whatever it is that I was doing.

If you don’t like the way some characters are dressed then that’s that. Anet won’t fix it unless thousands and thousands, and perhaps even a million, people complain about it.

Sorry you feel this way but I highly doubt anyone will support this, except a few.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

As a male, I approve of this thread.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Suggestions

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

My female Norn is basically wearing a bikini now…if you want more revealing than that can’t you just run around with no armor until it’s time to fight?

Edit: Making her more fully clothed once I hit 80, personally I’m happy that there are more somewhat practical looking armor choices in this game than usual.

(edited by rizzo.1079)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

We as in you? Why do we need multiple threads for this? Seriously, you opened 4 in the last few days, and they’re mostly copy paste of the same thing. I get it that you take this problem at heart but please stop the spam. You are breaking the forums code of conduct, just saying.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Heavy armor type has bra instead of breastplate or two leather straps crossed between, for males. What do you demand more? Light clothing is also full of bras and short skirts and human T3 medium shows underboob, maybe there are more revealing mediums i have no idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dystopiq.5218

Dystopiq.5218

Revealing you say..

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

It’s funny that this thread got the exact same name as; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7257317863

You =/= We

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pugsnotdrugs.2718

Pugsnotdrugs.2718

At the moment, all armor fits the classes very well. There are skimpy armors in the right places. Can’t really get any more skimpy without looking like a prostitute.

Seriously, just play the game. there are awesome armors without looking like a tart. Guessing you’re male?

Go to tera, if you want that kind of stuff.
sorry but stuff like this is stupid.
Stop trying to perv up a game.

This is my own opinion, like you said, peoples opinions differ.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

This game already has really skimpy armor as far as I’m concerned. I’d actually like to see more covered armor that doesn’t look like a potato sac. It seems the skimpy stuff is the only thing that gets any attention to detail. =/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

You =/= We

He has a kitten in his pocket, apparently.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

One of the Laws of Gaming Logic says: The less she is wearing, the more powerful she is. The same goes with NPCs. The Statue of Dwayna is not wearing anything and she is powerful as kitten.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

More options all around please!

I personally think the armor is skimpy enough but it wouldn’t bother me if there was more.

I do think the more conservative armor needs a bit more love though because the really nice detailed sets are usually the skimpy ones.

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

If you want more revealig clothing i would love there to be an armor that covers only nipples, for ladies ofc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

*Backside on most armor is covered by a big coat.
*Little tight form fitting armor to choose from
*No short skirts for medium and heavy armor

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blur.3465

Blur.3465

@ Onshidesigns

The middle one (in white dress) looks juuuust in place!
Though we have quite a few similar ones compared to the other two.
Even though I dislike very skimpy armor…I do not mind elegance and style with taste without revealing too much.
Here’s an example of a few beautiful armor sets from GW1…I think they reveal enough and I don’t want this game to turn into anime.

Attachments:

Feanor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad queen malafide, you can’t compare this game to real life, it’s not the same. The better you learn that the better you’re life would get, but i’d doubt you’d look in reality.
Stop trying to make this game realistic, please stop.
This is about me, wanting options for those who like skimpy armor.

Listen darling, its really not that difficult to understand my point. Anyone understands that this is a fantasy game, BUT:

• There are rules regarding how clothing works
  • Not everyone agrees about skimpy clothing

So just stop trying to convince people this game is realistic, and everything should be as realistic as possible.

Of course anyone actually reading my replies knows that’s not the point I was making. I was criticizing dumb clothing designs that use their dumb design as an excuse to show more skin. Such as bras that magically float on top of brests, without anything to hold them in place. Even in fantasy some designs are dumb. And my points are valid.

Here’s what I think is the problem. You don’t like people disagreeing with you. So you make the same topic countless times, copy pasting the exact same text into it, which is against forum rules. But not only that, you seem to be afraid to engage in discussion. Well then what are you doing on a forum? Just send Anet a letter if you are not interested in other people’s opinions. But if you are going to post on a forum, you can expect people to agree and disagree with you.

We all have our own opinion, if you don’t like it then please feel free to reply about your opinion on skimpy armor, don’t have to go over and over and over and OVER again on how it’s not realistic and talk about back flipping and calling people stupid, and trying to tell people you don’t like people to see your underwear, just stop. If you don’t like people looking at your character’s underwear then simply don’t WEAR it.

Its ironic how you accuse me of not reading your posts, when this exact quote illustrates that even after repeating my point several times, you still can’t wrap your head around what I was really saying. Well unless you are purposely portraying a false representation of my opinion, but I give you the benefit of the doubt.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

@ Onshidesigns

The middle one (in white dress) looks juuuust in place!
Though we have quite a few similar ones compared to the other two.
Even though I dislike very skimpy armor…I do not mind elegance and style with taste without revealing too much.
Here’s an example of a few beautiful armor sets from GW1…I think they reveal enough and I don’t want this game to turn into anime.

The one on the right. Thats revealing, elegant and in good tastes.

Attachments:

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

in Suggestions

kmaeropa.3986

@Blur
I think those are exceptional examples from Guild Wars 1. Shows just the right amount of skin and excellent detail as well. I do feel like some of the light armors look somewhat exaggerated, like being outrageous looking to be outrageous looking. I digress.

Anyways, my favorite medium set is the Norn Tier 3 Cultural, just the right amount of skin exposing while also providing great coverage and being so kitten cool looking. I don’t have much to room to speak in the coverage department since I make my Norn Ranger walk around in beachwear sometimes (pictured below). I’d suggest if you want some skimpiness in your medium armors, try mixing and matching for now. Sometimes on the sets with the skirts, the leggings will actually just be underwear of sorts.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Here are some more examples of revealing armor.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Revealing armor like this.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Blur.3465

Also forgot to add one more.
Personally I like gothic style of dressing and Kurzicks in GW1 had amazing clothes (both male and female)…and in my opinion, I think it’s elegant and revealing enough, like others I’ve posted above.
I am finding most of skimpy armors very extreme and some light armors are really like lingerie…they can be offensive for certain women and I can understand them more than well.

Attachments:

Feanor

in Suggestions

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

I’d be down for revealing armor on female characters, if it means that males characters got the same treatment. So give us all revealing armor!!!

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

You know, I was going to say there should be more choices for everyone, but the anti-skimpy armour crowd is far and away more offensive than the pro-skimpy crowd has been.

To put it simply, because it seems most of you don’t like big words (and the few who do have been using them poorly); the pro-choice group has been generally polite, whereas the anti-choice crowd has been demanding and belittling.

That alone settles it for me – the bigots have lost their rights to dictate for everyone in the real world (thank the deity I don’t believe in), they should have no such right in a game.

Bring on the skimpy armour! (I personally won’t wear it, but I will fight to the death for your right to wear it.)

Extra bonus points if you can name – without google – who I’m paraphrasing there.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Couldn’t post more then two examples. Here’s 2 more

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

Eh, most of the pics you’ve posted I have nothing against, but the one on white background here is a tad too skimpy to my liking.
Front kinda looks she is wearing nothing but a belt to cover herself. It’s a bit too indecent to my liking.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Eh, most of the pics you’ve posted I have nothing against, but the one on white background here is a tad too skimpy to my liking.
Front kinda looks she is wearing nothing but a belt to cover herself. It’s a bit too indecent to my liking.

Want to point out that the perceived indecency is purely subjective. To quote Heinlein “I can never see how a piece of clothing can be indecent. A person, easily, but clothing?”

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

Want to point out that the perceived indecency is purely subjective. To quote Heinlein “I can never see how a piece of clothing can be indecent. A person, easily, but clothing?”

Eh, while that might be so, I am certain the meaning was carried cross ^^

in Suggestions

Blur.3465

The one on the right. Thats revealing, elegant and in good tastes.

The one to the right has a nice design and nice details (also love the color).
Though I would prefer if it had a little longer skirt.

Feanor

in Suggestions

kmaeropa.3986

Something else I just thought of…A lot of the armor sets in Guild Wars 1 were very form fitting. I think a problem may not just come from the amount of skin showing but also how form fitting some of the armor sets are. I would also suggest that the armor doesn’t necessarily have to show skin but at least be form fitting to show that sexual appeal without offending anyone.

But if the issue is with wanting to show fur, tattoos, or sylvari glows then I’m not sure of a common ground for this. More nudediness I suppose?

in Suggestions

Blur.3465

I see nothing wrong in wanting to expose fur patterns and Sylvari glow…nor do I find it embarrassing and offensive. Plants and fur…quite alright. Perhaps expanding cultural armors for these races would solve the problem? Because I can only see Sylvari in plant-like armor (most fitting).
As for Humans and Norn…I think female Norn have quite a laaaarge variety of revealing armor…as well as female Humans…and it can be offensive towards certain people.
As kmaeropa said, GW1 armors were very form fitting and weren’t offensive nor were they tasteless. The only armor set which bugged me a lot was the Necro tattoo set, since she was in nothing else but underwear with tattoos (but so was the male). So I can freely say that GW1 armor sets were more than well balanced.

Feanor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

I demand less revealing clothing

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Wow, every one of AshBenzo’s posts on these forums is about skimpy clothing.
Look, Ash, even though you say you’re a woman and see nothing wrong with skimpy clothing in games, it doesn’t make it right.
No matter what you say, this kind of stuff has been proven to reinforce bad gender stereotypes and puts back the treatment of female gamers to somewhere around the Victorian era.
You’ll get a lot of male support for such topics, as a lot of young men want to stare at almost-naked ladies without fear of recrimination.
It really IS objectifying women, no matter what you think.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.