Mounts [Merged]

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Can Anet tell us their thoughts on mounts for God’s sake !!!?
Can they end this long arguement , please !!

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

Thats the extent of your arguement? Cos they aint in now? Your in the wrong part of the forum then aint ya.

Conversation is over. From now on you can argue with someone else.

Yes, it would be good.

Seize the day.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

Thats the extent of your arguement? Cos they aint in now? Your in the wrong part of the forum then aint ya.

Conversation is over. From now on you can argue with someone else.

Sup? Are you upset that there is actually a suggestion forum at all? Since by your logic if its not in the game now then Anet aint interested in it. Yet its Anet that made the suggestions forum. Mindbending huh

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

The point is, that you don’t listen. It’s a waste of time, trying to prove something to you. You just don’t listen at all. I don’t want to waste my time anymore.

If you don’t wanna see the reason, the facts, so be it. Your choice.

Seize the day.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Lutharr.1035

The point is, that you don’t listen. It’s a waste of time, trying to prove something to you. You just don’t listen at all. I don’t want to waste my time anymore.

If you don’t wanna see the reason, the facts, so be it. Your choice.

Funny cos I listen just fine with people not talking crap. But since you are I dont value your opinon at all. Your a hater for the sake of hating and tbh, boring a hell while doing it.

Besides I thought you had gone.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

The Demonic Spirit.3157

No more hatred here !!!!
Stop giving your opinions ( both sides ) as I think it’s enough for Anet to decide !!!
This will be the last reply from players as we are waiting Anet reply to this >>
(( We will agree whatever choice Anet make as we believe that they know the best ))

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mounts just don’t fit in with how this game was designed. I can’t see how they would be implemented without screwing it up.

I can’t see how they would be implemented, so I’m against it? That is a very poor argument. Keep in mind that a form of mounts were added to Guild Wars 1, and they worked perfectly fine. And GW1 had much smaller explorables than GW2.

Just because you can’t think of a proper way to make mounts work in the game, is no reason to claim it is a bad idea. The only thing you need to worry yourself about is the question “would it be fun to ride an animal in GW2?”

To which I would say, yes!

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Lutharr.1035

No more hatred here !!!!
Stop giving your opinions ( both sides ) as I think it’s enough for Anet to decide !!!
This will be the last reply from players as we are waiting Anet reply to this >>
(( We will agree whatever choice Anet make as we believe that they know the best ))

i think your over stepping here. Last I checked its not for you to decide when people stop giving their opinons weather for or against it. I do agree Anet should say weather its something they will never do or something they would look to do aslong as it was correctly etc

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

We actually need to keep this thread going so ANET could notice how important this is for players. But some reaction from devs would be nice, aye.

EU Aurora Glade

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Mounts just don’t fit in with how this game was designed. I can’t see how they would be implemented without screwing it up.

I can’t see how they would be implemented, so I’m against it? That is a very poor argument. Keep in mind that a form of mounts were added to Guild Wars 1, and they worked perfectly fine. And GW1 had much smaller explorables than GW2.

Just because you can’t think of a proper way to make mounts work in the game, is no reason to claim it is a bad idea. The only thing you need to worry yourself about is the question “would it be fun to ride an animal in GW2?”

In which I would say, no!

Opinions are opinions.

There are far more pressing issues this game has than implementing ponies for people to ride around on for vanity purposes.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Opinions are opinions.

There are far more pressing issues this game has than implementing ponies for people to ride around on for vanity purposes.

Last time I checked, this was the suggestions sub forum. Not the bug sub forum. So what ever issues need to be fixed in the game, I don’t see how that is relevant.

Besides, you assume too much about why players would like mounts. Some players just think its fun to ride around on the back of an animal. I don’t see what’s wrong with that.

Is it an important addition to the game? Absolutely not. But the suggestions sub forum is full of none important game requests. I see no reason to talk down on people making this suggestion.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reclusiarh.2674

Reclusiarh.2674

If they ever add mounts, then I would love to have a yak, strong and fierce looking for my Norn warrior.

So what animal for a mount would fit your character/race ?

let’s spice this thread a bit

Guild wars should be war between orders, because orders are guilds too.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Lutharr.1035

I want an Asura manufactored scateboard!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

My Krewe laughs at your Krewe’s asura scateboard, because we have already invented the much more superior asura hoverboard instead. :P

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Isslair.4908

I’d love to have those charr warwagons rolling.

EU Aurora Glade

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Lutharr.1035

My Krewe laughs at your Krewe’s asura scateboard, because we have already invented the much more superior asura hoverboard instead. :P

You sir have won the war of the internets. I bow to you and your krewe

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: DavidGX.1723

DavidGX.1723

I’m surprised this topic is still going. Mounts are not needed with speed buffs and waypoints, this is just the wrong type of game for them. We don’t need everything that WoW has, this isn’t WoW or any other MMO. It’s designed differently. That’s a GOOD thing.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I’m surprised this topic is still going. Mounts are not needed with speed buffs and waypoints, this is just the wrong type of game for them. We don’t need everything that WoW has, this isn’t WoW or any other MMO. It’s designed differently. That’s a GOOD thing.

So you’re only argument for why you are against them is because wow has it? that’s not a very valid argument.
i think this would be great as long as the costs would not be tremendously high and not to high speed buff so that the ones who choose not to use mounts wont be on a disadvantage.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Mounts just wouldn’t make sense in this game. It’s not like other games where you have to travel across half a continent to get somewhere. We don’t have enormous, sprawling outdoor areas. Such games are obviously designed with mounts in mind. But we don’t have that. We have little nooks that are saturated with instant waypoint teleporters. That is the travel system.

I have to ask: You guys insisting that you “need” mounts, have you even been to Orr yet? You might as well carve up your horse for rations because you won’t be riding it anyway. Saying “find me a zombie in Orr” is like saying “find me a crater on the Moon.” Close your eyes and point in a random direction. Oh look, zombie.

You (some of you, anyway) aren’t even concerned with the facts of the matter. You just want a horse. Or a goat. Or a lobotomized Centaur. Something. Ok, I get that. Mounts are cool — in games where they make sense. This is not such a game.

Anyway, I’m pretty sure we don’t need to be the Defenders of the Plan here because obviously the developers felt the same way. You don’t think they simply forgot to put horses in and accidentally dropped waypoints all over the world, did you?

Ding, correct! And herein lies the core problem with mounts in GW2.

So let’s assume for a moment that the speed boosts don’t go into the mount system. Okay, fine, so you have mounts with no speed boosts and therefore it doesn’t alter the game in any negative way, right?

Hold on a second. How do you address combat?

In Orr, there are monsters EVERYWHERE, and many are capable of pulling you or knocking you down. Devs would need to animate in some way the player’s mount, dismount, and how they respond to pulling attacks and such. Obviously it’s not really “adding to the game’s realism” if the player’s mount vanishes whenever they’re pulled by an enemy mob. So that alone pretty much throws out any “realism” argument you could make. It’d be harder to explain the disappearance of a mount in GW2 than to explain why mounts don’t exist.

And then there’s the argument for mounts having speed boosts, which is similarly easy to dismiss: the game is designed with some traits focusing purely on speed boosts, these traits subsequently become useless if mounts can just allow everybody to reach those speeds. You have the option of speccing yourself with greater speed, so if running speed bothers you THIS MUCH, then just do that instead.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

No, my argument is mounts serve no purpose other than looks. We already have speed buffs and WPs for traveling, so why do we NEED mounts? We don’t, they don’t fit with the way the game was designed. As I said, the ONLY argument for mounts is for looks, which is not a strong argument either.

Have YOU actually seriously thought about how mounts would work in this game? Can you imagine trying to ride your mount through a zone like Orr? All kinds of issues start popping into my head and I haven’t even given it much thought. I’d rather the devs fix the current problems with the game before they dive into something of this magnitude.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

The Demonic Spirit.3157

No, my argument is mounts serve no purpose other than looks. We already have speed buffs and WPs for traveling, so why do we NEED mounts? We don’t, they don’t fit with the way the game was designed. As I said, the ONLY argument for mounts is for looks, which is not a strong argument either.

Have YOU actually seriously thought about how mounts would work in this game? Can you imagine trying to ride your mount through a zone like Orr? All kinds of issues start popping into my head and I haven’t even given it much thought. I’d rather the devs fix the current problems with the game before they dive into something of this magnitude.

Of course you are right !!!
We should concern about bugs before any suggestions , like minions AL and bugged events.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

And I’m sure they will prioritize bugs before eye-candy. But yes, I have thought about it. And I figured, if they do add mounts, logically they would also need to add mounted combat. Similar to the mounts in GW1, each mount could have a unique skillbar, with powers that actually assist other players in an explorable. It could be quite a bit of fun, and it would be interesting to see a mix of players on foot, and players on a mount. Siege Devourer mount go!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fievre.4510

Fievre.4510

Still not seeing the problem. Honestly they could do it similarly to tonics, which change your appearance with no speed boost (and honestly, isn’t that essentially what a lot of us seem to want?) and just, instead of transforming YOU into the creature, they could pop you onto it.

Tonics work in a way I’d like to see mounts work, and they’re already in the game so.

As far as mounted combat goes, turned off to the idea. But that’s probably because a certain other game that people will have a stroke if I bring up, has influenced me. Not to say Anet wouldn’t do it’d differently, but meh.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Lutharr.1035

I still love the fact that some folks are saying no to mounts cos its only a cosmetic item. Yet the whole games build around cosmetic stuff. Blows my mind

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I still love the fact that some folks are saying no to mounts cos its only a cosmetic item. Yet the whole games build around cosmetic stuff. Blows my mind

The thing is, people don’t believe that it’ll stay at a merely cosmetic thing.

You add the horseys, you’ll have people asking for them to be a minimum of 33% permanent speed boost. Next you’ll have them asking for a burst speed skill on the same horsey.

Or maybe they’ll ask for mounted combat instead. And can you imagine trying to fight a ranged character that has permanent swiftness as a melee range that does not have permanent swiftness? And let’s be honest, the last thing you want is to make it so that people feel forced to either have a mount or build their character around perma swiftness.

And even if it does stay at a merely cosmetic thing with all the things people want of them: no mounts in cities, no speed boosts, no special treatment, not tied to Gems, not tied to level 80, you’ll still have an argument against them. Designing them takes resources. Resources that a lot of people feel would be better spent on combating botting and fixing bugs.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Lutharr.1035

Thats why its a suggestion forum. They dont HAVE to impliment anything, but anything they do like th eidea of and decide to run with they can impliment however they see benifits the game.

I can ask em for a red ferrari that gives 1001% speed increase. Dont mean they have to give me one

They already have a death squad apprantly hunting down bots. They cant change professions and become mount creators overnight so I seriously dont see why people worry about such things.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

I like it when people are talking about horses. Just of a matter of interest, when have you seen a horse at any point in the Guild wars Campaigns. I dont think i have ever seen a horse.

My personal opinion on this is that there is no place for mounts in this game, there has never been a requirement and there will never be one. Players need to get over this and move on.

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDutch.5824

TheDutch.5824

If they ever add mounts, then I would love to have a yak, strong and fierce looking for my Norn warrior.

So what animal for a mount would fit your character/race ?

let’s spice this thread a bit

I’d like to ride a seraph steed with my human guardian. After i’ve seen the great jobs they did with the human tier 3 heavy armour, i’m really in for a horse that has similiar decorations.

As for the ‘We got wp’s so mounts aren’t needed’ part, i agree, we don’t need them.
But do you guys want stuff you need, or stuff that looks nice? I do agree that there shouldn’t be people using mounts all over in city’s. Another idea that might help is giving the player a mount after they’ve reached 100% world completion, and then give them the possibility to buy/earn other ones.

Xirius Thalaran | Human Guardian | Far Shiverpeaks

Loremaster, Archdesigner and Bladelord..

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Another idea that might help is giving the player a mount after they’ve reached 100% world completion, and then give them the possibility to buy/earn other ones.

I was thinking about something similar. But a bid different. When you allow mounts you can only ride them in maps where you have all way-points.

Still it has a disadvantage. I do not have all way points on a lot of maps and I do that on purpose. I want to keep some area’s fresh for alts. This solution would mean I have to get all the maps anyway or I am not able to have a mount.

However I would prefer that when mounts are introduced (with permanent speed-buff) the number of way-points would become less. Because of the way-points the world becomes smaller and people skip content (at least after running past it once).

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Space Cow.2431

Space Cow.2431

For the love of god put in mounts.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

big warg for a charr, a fern hound or something for sylvari, asura can have a moa, norn can have dolyaks, and humans can have horses.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

For the love of god put in mounts.

For Lyssa’s sake, don’t.

I love to ride golems, but I wouldn’t have them as a mounts. They are combat vehicles.
I’d like to be able to ride a charrcycle, but not as a mount, but as something required on an event or activity.
I could really see something like a siege devourer being added to WvW or appearing for some events, and also Junundu coming back for use in Elona, limited to their areas, not being able to leade them.

But a ‘mount’ you bring with yourself and appears from nowhere like Assassin’s Creed horses? Nah.
And well… things like a charr riding a moa, an asura riding a dolyak, a human riding a pig, or a norn riding a marmox should simply never happen.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: CroPsychooo.1620

CroPsychooo.1620

When you are level 50 or above… you earn more money, but you also spend huge amount of money on teleporing around and so on….

I mean comon, why does mounts not taking place in gw2 ? Why not ?
So the game would be ruined if they add something like horse or some creatures for moving around ? not only because of fast moving, but for look, looking cool…

Comon its nothing bad in mounts at all. Im against flying one cuz that would ruin Vistas and so on, but for some ground-moving mounts Im totally for it, and I hope they will add it !

ArenaNet why dont you say something here? Answer are there ever going to be any mounts ?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knichtus.9461

Knichtus.9461

I would really like it if Arenanet would add in mounts creatively instead of something to ride around for a speed boost. What have some people been saying? Battle mounts? YES I would love the heck out of that, and making it possible for you to customize them? That would be great? It could be purely cosmetic being from the gem store (because I think everyone agrees that store is lacking with skins to fully customize a character or anything and they really need to work on that. I actually want to buy stuff but add to it arenanet.) Just imagine that being in WvWvW, battling mounts, an entirely new skillset, you could like joust or knock opponents off or your mount has its own abilities like ranger pets that you can activate. Actually what Arenanet needs to do, since this is supposed to be a merge of RPG and MMO elements, I say add more RPG elements. Make it possible for you to care for your pets (if ranger) and mounts and get skill points for it and achievements. Add more depth to the game. Mounts don’t even need to be ridiculously big like the ones on WoW. But what would be nice if certain classes or races could tame certain mounts, I mean the world, to me, is seriously lacking a bit with fauna and needs more to fill it up. I would love it one day if they just expand these maps and add more life to them I just love to explore, having mounts would also be a fun way to explore. Adding mount battle minigames I mean sure this is getting away from an MMO and getting more into like a…Adventure RPG with MMO aspects but really for GW2 that was the only way to actually get away from the usually MMO stigma.

They might as well add a skyrim element to it and make it possible for the mount to fight with you but it can die, permanently, and you would need to tame another and raise it or buy another. But I do agree with them also them not coming out of freaking nowhere like WoW. If you want to ride your mount you’ll need to pick it up at a stable, and if its out of the stable and you lose it, well you just lost your pet.

This is a suggestion forum people so lets not shun ideas

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Mounts are incredible beautiful things. People here only think of their uses and forget how fun simple getting that one mount you think it is cool can be.

Will never forget how many days non stop i farmed in my WoW days to get a pretty mount. Really , having a mount for speed buff only is pointless , the speed buff itself can be taken out actually.

What really matter is finding and using that cool mount you want.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: aliquis.9180

aliquis.9180

Mounts are incredible beautiful things. People here only think of their uses and forget how fun simple getting that one mount you think it is cool can be.

Will never forget how many days non stop i farmed in my WoW days to get a pretty mount. Really , having a mount for speed buff only is pointless , the speed buff itself can be taken out actually.

Agreed, mounts are beautiful and fun. But they also have to be functional. Now, can you imagine all the complaints Anet would get if they put mounts into the game and once people get to Orr, they realize they can’t stay mounted more than 2 seconds anywhere, because there are mobs EVERYWHERE. I’m sure you’d be reasonable, and wouldn’t complain, but about a million other people would. Then what?

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

Agreed, mounts are beautiful and fun. But they also have to be functional. Now, can you imagine all the complaints Anet would get if they put mounts into the game and once people get to Orr, they realize they can’t stay mounted more than 2 seconds anywhere, because there are mobs EVERYWHERE. I’m sure you’d be reasonable, and wouldn’t complain, but about a million other people would. Then what?

Urrrrm, are you serious? You just said they need to be functional, and then you clearly made it seem as if they wouldn’t be functional by using that awful Orr example, how very silly that was. Obviously, they wouldn’t make it like that in the first place! Jeez…

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

aliquis.9180

Urrrrm, are you serious? You just said they need to be functional, and then you clearly made it seem as if they wouldn’t be functional by using that awful Orr example, how very silly that was. Obviously, they wouldn’t make it like that in the first place! Jeez…

Yes, I’m serious. Yes, I said they need to be funtional. Yes, I said they wouldn’t be functional in Orr. What is silly about all that to you?

If you expect Anet to change the whole concept of Orr to accomodate your wish for mounts, then you’ve traded in the request for mounts to a request to change a large portion of the game. Good luck with that.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Nox Aeterna.2965

Yes, I’m serious. Yes, I said they need to be funtional. Yes, I said they wouldn’t be functional in Orr. What is silly about all that to you?

If you expect Anet to change the whole concept of Orr to accomodate your wish for mounts, then you’ve traded in the request for mounts to a request to change a large portion of the game. Good luck with that.

What if , mount cant be discounted easily , but their speed buff is at most equivalent to swiftness (and including the battle speed reduction).

Mounts will be functional , but would not be anything classes could not get already by using one skill. All that they would need it like , 3/4 hits to dismount , instead of having a damage cap that allowed them to fall in one hit.

No need to change a whole region at all to include mounts.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

aliquis.9180

What if , mount cant be discounted easily , but their speed buff is at most equivalent to swiftness (and including the battle speed reduction).

Mounts will be functional , but would not be anything classes could not get already by using one skill. All that they would need it like , 3/4 hits to dismount , instead of having a damage cap that allowed them to fall in one hit.

No need to change a whole region at all to include mounts.

Rightly or wrongly, Anet designed Orr to be a very dangerous (some people would say, down right miserable) place. There are a lot of mobs, they are usually grouped, and they pull you, knock you off your feet, immobilize you and do all kinds of other nasty things to you. Repeatedly. You can’t ride through that.

To make riding possible you would have to introduce, like you said, some sort of limited immunity that allows you to stay mounted for some reasonable amount of time. But as soon as you do that, you have made Orr a much less dangerous place. Now you can get from point A to point B without much fear of getting killed. And that would be a very different place from what we have today.

I’m not even saying that this shouldn’t happen. But this is what it would take to put mounts into the game. And as much as I love mounts personally, I have accepted the fact that Anet is unlikely to do a 180 on their whole game design to accomodate them.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

See this topic got a lot of attention. And yet, I don’t think they will add mounts. Ever.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Nox Aeterna.2965

Rightly or wrongly, Anet designed Orr to be a very dangerous (some people would say, down right miserable) place. There are a lot of mobs, they are usually grouped, and they pull you, knock you off your feet, immobilize you and do all kinds of other nasty things to you. Repeatedly. You can’t ride through that.

To make riding possible you would have to introduce, like you said, some sort of limited immunity that allows you to stay mounted for some reasonable amount of time. But as soon as you do that, you have made Orr a much less dangerous place. Now you can get from point A to point B without much fear of getting killed. And that would be a very different place from what we have today.

I’m not even saying that this shouldn’t happen. But this is what it would take to put mounts into the game. And as much as I love mounts personally, I have accepted the fact that Anet is unlikely to do a 180 on their whole game design to accomodate them.

I never said it should be impossible to dismount , just 3/4 hits , this would allow to pass few mobs , but if you pass in the middle of many , you will be dismounted , end of story. Just like it was on other games.

The “fear” (honestly i got 3 lvl 80s , only class that can actually go down from running in orr is my ele , my necro/guard … nop i just run around knowing i wont die) would still be there , you would still take into account what is the best way , so you dont get dismounted and then get into troubles.

I think everyone would be able to understand they cant hope to pass a mob infested area using the mount without problems , that would make little sense at all. It is not that strange to find zones where mounts simple do not fit well i think.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Lutharr.1035

being dismounted is fair enough if the mount is giving a speed boost and ur using it to avoid things (which in Orr is escaping what Anet is trying to do with the area) but if its the same running speed as your toon then being penalised for having a mount would be kinda stupid.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dualius.4916

Dualius.4916

This discussion confuses me. Hate for mounts, love for mounts, mounts serve no purpose, mounts dont need to serve a purpose, etcetc.

Personally I like mounts, i treat them like collectibles. I think they could use a speed boost since a mount running in slow motion would look strange. Mounts should only really be to look nice and to run a little faster, none of this mounted combat immunity stuff I think. And if Anet does decide to put em in, who’s it gonna hurt? You don’t have to have one if it really grates against your sense of lore/realism/whatever.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

I have stated my opinions on mounts many times over. For those who want a quick recap: I don’t like them. To an extreme.

That being said, I am not averse to seeing some form of limited transportation beast for specific areas. In GW1, there was an especially toxic area called The Desolation. Living things could not step onto much of its sands. Consequently, people travelled inside giant wurms. These wurms could not be taken through hard rocky landscapes and had their own set of combat skills which replaced the players during transportation.

This kind of mount would be interesting. It wouldn’t conflict with the lore, people would have a reason to use them beyond pure vanity, they couldn’t be used to grief people on jumping puzzles, vistas or difficult areas of terrain, they wouldn’t destroy the beautiful aesthetics of areas and cities.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheRamosOnline.2670

TheRamosOnline.2670

I want mounts that are ONLY cosmetic, like the Broom Stick that came with the witch set.
There is no speed boost, just a cosmetic thing. Like Mini Pets.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

vespers.1759

when are people going to realize there’s no such thing as a lore conflict?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

When there actually isn’t such a thing as lore conflict. For now, there IS such a thing as lore conflict.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Isslair.4908

I just can’t understand people who say about “mounts wihtout MS buff”. This is stupid, to imagine engineer running faster than someone on a battlewagon or horse-equivalent.

Traits and skills that give swiftness are for COMBAT. They are usefull that way.

But now we are FORCED to use swiftness to travel outside combat. And this is just wrong.

We need mounts with +33% to MS.

EU Aurora Glade

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

vespers.1759

When there actually isn’t such a thing as lore conflict. For now, there IS such a thing as lore conflict.

is there anything in the lore that say mounts don’t exist? not that i know of, and even if there was they could say “oh look the asura bred a new breed of X animal” or oh look, new magic resulted in a bigger version of X animal"

that was hard.