12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

As a reminder to everyone, remember to please stay on topic and keep the discussion friendly, respectful and productive.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

I love how this entire topic has devolved into pot shots against Tarnished Coast. And here I was about to complement our opponents for keeping us busy in our EB third all morning/afternoon. Typical.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Its always from the same server. You would think after a few weeks of competition a little respect could be earned.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

I love how this entire topic has devolved into pot shots against Tarnished Coast. And here I was about to complement our opponents for keeping us busy in our EB third all morning/afternoon. Typical.

Its not the whole forum. The conversation so far has been civil and respectful, except for one or two QQ posters.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: OneBloke.7264

OneBloke.7264

Today we’ve taken SMC four times and I’ve personally stayed all four times with dozens of other to sweep it thoroughly. I killed quite a few mesmers but then all four times there was suddenly a TC zerg inside the lord room and a few seconds later SMC was lost.
I also heard multiple reports of mesmers going through walls or under the ground but I was always looking for mesmers on the upper parts of the castle so I never saw anything personally.

I’m not gonna say that TC is full of hackers or exploiters, but considering the size of the zerg which kept suddenly appearing in SMC out of thin air taking advantage of this and considering that they did it four times while I was playing….I’ll just say that TC’s gameplay leaves a lot to be desired.
If this is how they’re planning to win this week’s match then it’s really sad because I know that there are a lot of good players and good commanders in TC who are capable of fighting for the first place without resorting to these “tactics”.

And in case someone from Anet reads this I’d like to request that they have a look at what’s happened today and find a fix for it

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: robert namo.7243

robert namo.7243

FA should slow down on CD and go against TC, but hey it’s not up to me.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

CD player here….. If you want my opinion, all I see is TC playing smart and using top tier tactics that might eventually get them there as well.

In the meantime, FA and CD continue to waste man power fighting each other.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

Today we’ve taken SMC four times and I’ve personally stayed all four times with dozens of other to sweep it thoroughly. I killed quite a few mesmers but then all four times there was suddenly a TC zerg inside the lord room and a few seconds later SMC was lost.
I also heard multiple reports of mesmers going through walls or under the ground but I was always looking for mesmers on the upper parts of the castle so I never saw anything personally.

I’m not gonna say that TC is full of hackers or exploiters, but considering the size of the zerg which kept suddenly appearing in SMC out of thin air taking advantage of this and considering that they did it four times while I was playing….I’ll just say that TC’s gameplay leaves a lot to be desired.
If this is how they’re planning to win this week’s match then it’s really sad because I know that there are a lot of good players and good commanders in TC who are capable of fighting for the first place without resorting to these “tactics”.

And in case someone from Anet reads this I’d like to request that they have a look at what’s happened today and find a fix for it

You guys didn’t repair your walls for like four hours. You don’t need to exploit to knock down walls that are at 10% with no one watching them for upwards of 45 minutes or to break into a tower/keep/castle that has no supplies stored up.

You had like six holes. It wasn’t exploits, it was just a less-than-stellar maintenance job on the castle. It isn’t hard to hide people inside of something as big as Stonemist when there’s doors as wide as highways.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: OneBloke.7264

OneBloke.7264

You guys didn’t repair your walls for like four hours. You don’t need to exploit to knock down walls that are at 10% with no one watching them for upwards of 45 minutes or to break into a tower/keep/castle that has no supplies stored up.

You had like six holes. It wasn’t exploits, it was just a less-than-stellar maintenance job on the castle. It isn’t hard to hide people inside of something as big as Stonemist when there’s doors as wide as highways.

Hmm but how do u explain that literally 1 minute after we’ve captured SMC a TC zerg appears in the lord room? When SMC changes hands all walls and gates are repaired and 1min is not enough time to treb the walls down

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

Hmm but how do u explain that literally 1 minute after we’ve captured SMC a TC zerg appears in the lord room? When SMC changes hands all walls and gates are repaired and 1min is not enough time to treb the walls down

Mesmer portal.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

ty tc (PINK)for the awesome brawling drinking and dueling yesterday.i had an awesome time!

We had a lot of fun too. Except that one part where you guys tried to kill the dolyak herd. What did dolyaks ever do to you?

yeah sorry about that my friend wanted to shoot a cow and hit one of u and then the pugs ran in and everyone started killing the dolyaks.btw the duels were fun too.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

erm but after u take the castle the walls come back up…how can u getem down this quick?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

Either you are bad at sweeping for thieves and mesmers (or alternatively we have very good and coordinated thieves and mesmers), or the keep flipped with our forces still inside (which tends to happen fairly often).

My point with the walls was that, if we wanted to, we had plenty of time to saturate the place with portal puppies. You gave us that opportunity and then some.

I logged out of WvW about 3-4 hours ago so I’m not sure what happened or who was commanding, but knowing our server I’m pretty sure we had a few people hiding all over.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

<snip>

erm but after u take the castle the walls come back up…how can u getem down this quick?

See my previous post. You’re chasing ghosts.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Hmm but how do u explain that literally 1 minute after we’ve captured SMC a TC zerg appears in the lord room?

Missed a mesmer.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

You may not be happy about a formal alliance, but there will be plenty of people in TC who I think would enjoy it. At least if you read last weeks forum thread, then you’ll remember many of them were basically begging us and Yaks to gang up on them.

And besides, everyone loves a good underdog taking a win, even if it were to be small one.

Oh, I remember. But they don’t understand the beauty of how the rankings are suppose to fluctuate. If we are continuing to dominate the other two servers in our tier, we will eventually move up to tier 2. Tier 2 WILL have our, as they said, “backs against the wall.” So once again, let it balance itself out naturally.

Actually it is what the game intended. The 2nd and 3rd place serevers SHOULD focus on the 1st place. The goal of the designers wasn’t to have a clear winner but to make each week a balanced fight.

It doesn’t work as well as they’d hoped though, since quite often the 1st place server is seen as unbeatable, and so 2nd and 3rd just pick on each other. That’s why alliances are being offered.

You failed to read my post. There is a difference between a formal alliance and “ganging up on the third dominate server”. Reread my entire post as I have explained this difference and how it affects the outcomes.

WvW is a numbers and coverage game. There aren’t enough servers with simillar pop profiles, and we don’t neatly fit into 3 bucket groupings. There is always going to be a larger/stronger server and a smaller weaker/server, especially when you add in fairweather players boosting the “winning” servers pop and lowering the “non-winning” servers pop creating even larger deltas. Tier 3 in particular seems to be a boundary tier that will always have a larger pop server from T2 down here (FA/CS/YB would prolly be a better competitive match today from a pop perspective)

So from a overall scoring perspective the only way for a server to overcome the current situation is to recruit players (xfers) or form loose alliance(s) with the other server. Working as intended

Of course, there will always be stronger and weaker servers. That’s why ranking systems work right? Everyone seems to believe that their server should progress towards tier 1 a little each week. This is not the case at all! Sometimes your server is just that a tier 3 server until something changes within your server or a server in a higher/lower tier than yours. Than this will shift the rankings.

How can a server change it’s rank?

- More skilled players.
- More players in general (this one has a bigger impact on lower population servers rather than higher population servers, think about it, I don’t think I should explain this).
- Better commanders.
- Better strategies.
- Higher tier server loses it’s population or interest in wvw, so it begins to plumpet down the rankings.
- Lower tier server has one of the above happen to them, as a result, they move up.

So servers with a WvW population size of HoD won’t be fighting against a WvW population size of TC anytime soon due to the above mechanics. This is working as intended!

If you let this system just run it’s course naturally, the above will happen and the market will steady out. Have you guys not heard about this whole, “when free transfers are stopped than servers may be fighting the same 2 servers for months” bit? It is very true because the market should remain balance. The only time it is not balanced is when an event such as HoD’s collapse happens. The market doesn’t fluctuate fast enough to move that server down in rankings quick enough, which causes HoD to be fighting much MUCH stronger servers than what they can trully handle. But, once again, let the market take its natural course, and HoD will end up at an appropriate tier suited to their over all server level.

So again, do not try to control the market!

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

(edited by DivineBeing.2086)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Jaldy.6285

Jaldy.6285

We have some of the best hide-and-seek Mesmers I’ve ever seen. I can’t remember his name, but it has a J in it, and it’s J’s Mesmer, but I rememeber fighting in the Yak borderlands two weeks ago, and we snuck into Etheron Hills MULTIPLE times because every time Yak’s took it back, they didn’t sweep good enough.

It was hilarious. Eventually they found and killed him, but it was an amazing three hours of portal trickery.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Its always from the same server. You would think after a few weeks of competition a little respect could be earned.

The funny thing about respect, it does need to be earned.

~ AoN ~

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Now THIS is what would get TC back in action. Last 3 weeks have definitely caused a lot of laid back attitude on our server, and it has been evident every now and then over the weekend. Both CD & FA are giving us good fights on both sides of TCBL.

If the two servers are going to form an alliance, it IS for the greater good in the case of TC. Here we’re talking about moving up to T2, where we’d be facing servers with wider coverages, better tactics, more population, and hell we would hardly manage to get out of our spawn without numbers advantage OR better tactics combined with numbers. A formal CD-FA alliance would give us a practice for those situations (if we get into T2 any sooner). Our strength has always been large number of pugs that are quite good at following commanders and lately they have been getting good at maintaining siege in a tower/keep & even camps. People are willing to take responsibilities. But IF this week’s matchup remains similar to last 3 weeks, and IF we manage to climb up into T2, we’re going to have a tough time against those servers with the comfort zone we’ve been falling into. But yes, a formal alliance can easily be broken from the actions of random pugs/guilds that don’t even read enemy’s name but go by “if you’re red you’re dead” philosophy. What would start as a skirmish might end up as a battle, and eventually end up in a disaster – something for both servers to take note of while teaming up.

And regarding TC being full, keep in mind that its the overall server population, not W3 pop. I saw queues only for first 3hrs after reset maybe. After that I haven’t seen any more queues.

Overall great fights over the weekend. Wish it remains this throughout the week, instead of the result being decided within 2 days after reset or one server settling in its zone than pushing ahead. And yes, let’s keep the discussion civil

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

FA should slow down on CD and go against TC, but hey it’s not up to me.

Agreed. IMO we commit too much to EB as well. EB is nearly always full for TC, and the map is too compact (especially with SMC trebs) to make significant point gains (and hold them) there w/o superior numbers….which we rarely(never?) have…..lock down FA BL (ie have constant forces defending southern entry ways/camps/towers), defend EB “corner”(ie dont need full map numbers), then push on other BL (TC) would be the optimum strat from my view.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

rhonyn.6810

…random stuff……

Your posts come off like you’re a kitten btw…think about it, I don’t think I should explain this. :P

(edited by rhonyn.6810)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Karykarywook.2481

Karykarywook.2481

I agree that CD and FA need to stop wasting time on each other, but at least in the case of EB, I don’t think I’ve seen one blue circle in TC territory. If CD is going to attack us (FA), we’re going to attack back, and we don’t have the manpower to fend off both TC and CD AND take TC territory. Its going to take both sides to go after TC, and its simply not happening.

KaryKarwook of Team Sarcasm – Fort Aspenwood
Representing RET in WvW

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

rhonyn.6810

If the two servers are going to form an alliance, it IS for the greater good in the case of TC. Here we’re talking about moving up to T2, where we’d be facing servers with wider coverages, better tactics, more population, and hell we would hardly manage to get out of our spawn without numbers advantage OR better tactics combined with numbers.

Things have changed a lot over the last month……populations have gone way down for the majority of the servers (even tier1,2)….see numerous recruit threads, see thread topic on lack of rewards and “boring wvw” etc. I suspect you will find t2 pops lower then you expected and yours higher then expected in comparison.(at least relative to your matches a month or more ago (you’ve been winning for weeks….the other t2 server will have been losing for weeks)…..as you mentioned you have the numbers on the server<FULL>….its just comes down to if you can get folks out to wvw)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Karmagettie.7231

Karmagettie.7231

Hats off to KH of CD. They are a wrecking ball when they start moving. Crashed to us a few times.

Necka The Logic – Eng
Karmagettie – Warrior
Tarnished Coast [CYN]

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

The funny thing about respect, it does need to be earned.

Likewise. Each silly post only strengthens our resolve.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

latest score for this match up….

Attachments:

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

…random stuff……

Your posts come off like you’re a kitten btw…think about it, I don’t think I should explain this. :P

A kitten? Dang it. My goal was to be a bunny! :/

But seriously, I am not trying to be a jerk. I am merely trying to explain my point without leaving out too much detail so others can’t form a different perspective than my original point.

Anyways, I am done with this discussion for now. It has run it’s course. It’s time for it to die.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

(edited by DivineBeing.2086)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Praetorian.3948

Praetorian.3948

HOLY HELL! Wow awesome fights and an amazing push by CD a few hours ago in Garrison. You guys really took us by surprise with the Golems. That was an awesome fight in the lord room. Please keep this up for the rest of the week.

/salute

You have no idea.. We only needed 30 secs more to take the garrison before you guys came with the hordes. Nice job defending it.

Oh trutst me I know. I was screaming out loud to my screen running in over and over. The only reason we kept the Garrison was becuase ou guys stopped attacking gates and stuff. There was a solid minute where we were able to just waypoint in non-stop. I rezzed at way point so many times that I was half naked and constant red down debuff. That was the most exciting fight I have had in weeks. Again you guys pushed hard and with a lot of force. I know you got through both outer and inner gate fully no less than 3 times. It still makes me smile thinking of how intense that fight was.

/salute CD

Bjorn The Greatwolf 80 Warrior
80 – Warx2/Guardx2/Necro/Ranger/Thief
Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Ira.5172

Ira.5172

Fractions, Fractions for you all…..again!

Great fight this week, both server know how to bring the pain along with their loot bags.

Ira Souleater – Necromancer
Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Yougottawanna.7420

Yougottawanna.7420

I was in SMC twice today when we capped and then lost it, apparently to a Mesmer. Either TC knows a crazy good hiding spot or someone is glitching their way in. We had people combing that place top to bottom both times and both times it flipped shortly after we left without any attacks.

My main is a Mesmer and when we’ve had SMC before I’ve explored the whole thing looking for good spots to hide. I have four places I check, I checked all four both times, nothing (and when I check them I wait long enough for any stealth to expire, including swinging my sword around to see if it chains).

This to me is suspicious. If it’s someone hiding really well, then hats off but I suspect someone is using some kind of exploit.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

phaneo.4597

Just wondering, does the gate at Sunnyhill on TCBL (or any gate for that matter), glitch occasionally? Yesterday while Sunny was under attack, I was behind the gate defending it and out of nowhere one enemy just ran through the gate and died there. I asked others did the gate just glitch, some thought I was talking about the mesmer illusions (trust me I have a level 62 mesmer and I’m well aware of how illusions look or act, dead clones don’t lie dead at the spot, they shatter and vanish). The dead body was lying there for quite a long time without the gate ever going down. I say glitched because I also saw the Charr Veteran guard who respawned outside the gate suddenly walked through the gate and ran inside. I’m sure that person must’ve been as shocked as I was to see his/her body run through gate and lie dead there, or it was some exploit. Didn’t manage to see which class it was as the player died as soon as entered. We were busy defending it and repairing the gate after the failed assault and I forgot to take a screenshot

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

Had some good fights today/tonight. Ret ran around with 4 commanders at one point because we could and because much like smoking, having a commander icon makes you look cool. Highlights for me included taking smc 4x, swearing off a golem rush at our keep, fighting off cd from ogres and TC from the other side of ogres and later on I ended up trying to explain to people that getting past the gateless entryway at overlook does not constitute an “outer gate breach”.

Then I found five dollars. BOOM. Roasted.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

Flipping SMC a couple times and holding it for several hours was fun, however most of NA either abandoned ship or decided not to play this weekend, which is funny considering that most people were claiming last week that we were ready to fight TC again, we’re not.

I had the unmanned boon for most of the day, that’s something I haven’t seen in weeks. But all in all, it was fun!

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Score update below:

Attachments:

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

Score and map update~!

Attachments:

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

which is funny considering that most people were claiming last week that we were ready to fight TC again, we’re not.

I think we’re doing great. We all knew we’d be outnumbered against TC. I think it’s just a bit frustrating that FA has focused on us instead of TC, which leaves us short on the EB map, and unless something changes will hand the victory to Tarnished Coast.

Hard to support EB, or make a move on TC borders when we’re double teamed at home. In the meantime TC doesn’t need to keep near as many in their home lands, because neither server is willing to push there. This of course, leaves them free to push wherever they want.

All in all though, we’re doing well.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

Oh I also believe that we are doing great, and that is mostly in part because players know what to do and communicate effectively. I’m having lots of fun and that’s all that matters, at least to me.

The best thing I’ve seen so far was the truce with FA on the JP, I I got kinda sad when they killed me today when I tried to enter, lol.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Haha yeah. It’s funny because last time we went against TC we were gaining a rep for camping the Jump Puzzle. Great to see we can play nice sometimes too.

I also agree that our comunication has been really good, at least in EB. Needs work in the homelands though.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.8749

Jayne.8749

I was in SMC twice today when we capped and then lost it, apparently to a Mesmer. Either TC knows a crazy good hiding spot or someone is glitching their way in. We had people combing that place top to bottom both times and both times it flipped shortly after we left without any attacks.

My main is a Mesmer and when we’ve had SMC before I’ve explored the whole thing looking for good spots to hide. I have four places I check, I checked all four both times, nothing (and when I check them I wait long enough for any stealth to expire, including swinging my sword around to see if it chains).

This to me is suspicious. If it’s someone hiding really well, then hats off but I suspect someone is using some kind of exploit.

TC player and mesmer here.

On the third floor of SMC near the mystic forge there is a ledge you can jump off upon and land on. Nobody ever checks there.

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Sometimes I think there should be a seperate EB thread because its like a different world over there. I never know whats going on but it mostly stays green which is nice. I prefer the borderlands.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

phaneo.4597

In the meantime TC doesn’t need to keep near as many in their home lands, because neither server is willing to push there. This of course, leaves them free to push wherever they want.

Well many of us who are regulars on TCBL, just feel comfortable there, even if it means just to defend, flip quaggan nodes, flip sentries, tick siege, and what not. This is the feeling I get from many familiar faces I find myself with – they all like to be on TCBL or occasionally EB. EB is sort of a maze to me. I hardly go there, except when there’s a zerg train running around, to level my alts :p. Otherwise, I’d rather defend my home territory.

Also, the moment I step into another BL’s on my alts (if at all I do), my eyes are on TCBL map always to assess if its a right decision to move to a different turf while my home is in danger. If its occasional sentry/camp flip and I see they are getting flipped back by our guys, I’m at rest and do whatever I am doing on other BL. If I notice that it’s not happening, I know its time to pack up and drive back home. Many of us upgrade keeps/towers at personal expense incl siege blueprints and run dolyaks to stack up supplies, and it’d be sad to see all that lost to enemies. That’s a general feeling I see among many of us.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

(edited by phaneo.4597)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Ezkeal.7589

Ezkeal.7589

Sunday night WvW FA borderlands Ezkeal from MF good fight gods and PTX & PRO, held you guys for 2+ hours out of bay with 3-4 times our numbers…..

(edited by Ezkeal.7589)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

Haha yeah. It’s funny because last time we went against TC we were gaining a rep for camping the Jump Puzzle. Great to see we can play nice sometimes too.

I also agree that our comunication has been really good, at least in EB. Needs work in the homelands though.

Ohoho, it was good tonight. At least, at the time of posting. Retook all of CDBL, mostly just from TC, with FA taking some things here and there. It was good.

And for those on TC talking about the thread degrading into just taking pot shots at TC, don’t worry about it. Literally all week for CD’s last matchup (Mag and EB) they were flaming us.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

In the meantime TC doesn’t need to keep near as many in their home lands, because neither server is willing to push there. This of course, leaves them free to push wherever they want.

Well many of us who are regulars on TCBL, just feel comfortable there, even if it means just to defend, flip quaggan nodes, flip sentries, tick siege, and what not. This is the feeling I get from many familiar faces I find myself with – they all like to be on TCBL or occasionally EB. EB is sort of a maze to me. I hardly go there, except when there’s a zerg train running around, to level my alts :p. Otherwise, I’d rather defend my home territory.

Also, the moment I step into another BL’s on my alts (if at all I do), my eyes are on TCBL map always to assess if its a right decision to move to a different turf while my home is in danger. If its occasional sentry/camp flip and I see they are getting flipped back by our guys, I’m at rest and do whatever I am doing on other BL. If I notice that it’s not happening, I know its time to pack up and drive back home. Many of us upgrade keeps/towers at personal expense incl siege blueprints and run dolyaks to stack up supplies, and it’d be sad to see all that lost to enemies. That’s a general feeling I see among many of us.

^
This explains much.

No offense to the poster because I truly believe there are hundreds just like you in TC.

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

^
This explains much.

No offense to the poster because I truly believe there are hundreds just like you in TC.

My home is where I hang my coat. And I’m always wearing my coat.

It’s difficult to describe the convenience of a portable home in English words.

However, that’s an interesting perspective on WvWvW that I never in my life would have imagined. However, it’s true that whole lot of things make sense in the wake of this revelation.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

I don’t know about anyone else in TC, but it was disheartening to see SOR/Blackgate wiping us off our own borderland back then. That’s why I also prioritize it first, its also the reason why we dont mind you guys double-teaming us. We want to be prepared just in case we have to face these two again…

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

phaneo.4597

I don’t know about anyone else in TC, but it was disheartening to see SOR/Blackgate wiping us off our own borderland back then. That’s why I also prioritize it first, its also the reason why we dont mind you guys double-teaming us. We want to be prepared just in case we have to face these two again…

That was when I started being a regular in W3, and I still remember our butts getting handed over to us; that’s when I got motivated to be a regular, and how much contributing in whatever way to your server means. Before that, it was just 4 more maps for me to finish for 100% map.

This was the same reason I mentioned in my previous posts, that CD-FA alliance would benefit TC as a whole. It’ll help us get out of our safe zone and learn to defend on both fronts and push the enemy. We’ll have a chance to learn new tactics. And if things work out well for either servers and actually close the gap and manage to push us to 2nd place, we’ll learn from what we did wrong and improvise in the next matchup. Or if we manage to stay on top, we’ll have an increased morale and momentum and atleast stand a chance to maintain ourselves in T2 if we get there.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

(edited by phaneo.4597)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

If you guys (TC) weren’t hacking today to retake SMC 4+ times within 5 minutes FA taking it, then hats off to your mesmers. I guess CD and FA are gonna have to get better at playing hide and seek :/

I’m confident in saying TC are legit on this, we’ve seen their mesmers using a very good hiding spot within inner SMC that only a few of us seem to catch. It’s up top and a quick run around the upper area, just scanning the top as you do a lap, will not spot them.

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

(edited by wombat.6123)

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

Score and map update~!

Attachments:

12/7 - TC vs. FA vs. CD

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

This was the same reason I mentioned in my previous posts, that CD-FA alliance would benefit TC as a whole. It’ll help us get out of our safe zone and learn to defend on both fronts and push the enemy. We’ll have a chance to learn new tactics. And if things work out well for either servers and actually close the gap and manage to push us to 2nd place, we’ll learn from what we did wrong and improvise in the next matchup. Or if we manage to stay on top, we’ll have an increased morale and momentum and atleast stand a chance to maintain ourselves in T2 if we get there.

Not sure if CD has that much to share, since you guys are obviously advanced in your tactics. One of which is using ele focus skill 4 to protect siege and keep walls. I don’t know why our eles hardly ever do that. We just sit there and let the siege get hit by other ballista.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.