Bring Back the Desert Borderland!

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

Nothing you say will change my mind. kitten I fight over this stupid map thing with the Mrs LOL

Again, the DBL is superior in every way…

Carry on…

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

Just stop to answer to @sparc… it’s a troll… Nothing more…

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Some more candy for the eyes of our fellow roamers <3

y are u spamming with old as kitten vids… We are talkin bout today son.

Because those are old classics. But I did provide a 9 months old video which can be evaluated as pretty recent considering Heart of thorns was 7 months old. Look it up, it’s great!

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Some more candy for the eyes of our fellow roamers <3

y are u spamming with old as kitten vids… We are talkin bout today son.

Because those are old classics. But I did provide a 9 months old video which can be evaluated as pretty recent considering Heart of thorns was 7 months old. Look it up, it’s great!

Yeah great I saw them when they came out.. I saw some of them while they were being recorded… The game was in a much different state then.

Pretty sure you aren’t mugi or bamf or anyone else relevant.. But yeah good times running with those guys back in the day. I do recognize your forum name but honestly cant remember who you are specifically.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

(edited by dank.3680)

in WvW

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

I miss the desert BLs. Why can’t we just have both?

in WvW

Posted by: Bury Your Deadgreen.2368

Bury Your Deadgreen.2368

Glad they are gone for now… They did good with the last patch but they were still dead… Now that the ABL is back I can login at pretty much any hour and find people to play with.

Soon…..

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Yesterday got a reminder of how “stagnant gameplay”, Alpine BL offering, in contrast to the Desert ones. I will give it a 2 week time, untill all the “flashback memories” and " Alpine Borderland-Hype" settles in. Then we are going to see the same problems that we had prior to the removal of the Alpine borderlands.

Regards

I felt this 2 hours after playing alpine.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Kitty.6219

Kitty.6219

/signed

Make wvw fun again with the desert borderlands!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Serith.3712

Serith.3712

Don’t bring back Desert Borderlands, that map still needs alot of work to make it easier to navigate – and it needs to be shrunk down a fair bit. It’s way too hard to find enemy players, or your own commander again if you end up respawning – compared to alpine borderlands, the Desert Borderlands seem more focused on running and solving navigation puzzles then fighting.

The last round of improvements on DBL definitely helped with navigation, but it’s still really difficult to navigate compared to EB or alpine. IMO don’t rotate the map in until it’s undergone more rounds of fixing.

in WvW

Posted by: interloper.6892

interloper.6892

I’ve had more fun in 2 hours in “alpine” borderlands than in 6 months of deserted borderlands.

I’m at a loss as to why anyone would want to bring back the old map (unless connecting it to Verdant Brink and making it a PvE map). Did you guys actually enjoy hiking around a big empty desert with no other players in it? Reallly?!

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Why does this post still exist can we please delete it? I don’t want kitten bl back ever again

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The bottom line is it doesn’t matter if you like the map individually. To you, it might be the best map ever. The problem is that the majority of the WvW did not play it. It was annoying seeing a 100 queue for EB and then no queues anywhere else.

Since the return of alpine, the queues have been spread between the maps again.

That’s the only stat that matters.

in WvW

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Having to remove content a development team spent years working on just because you can’t imagine a system that support 4 different maps… This seems like a abdication to me.

I’m certainly not going to reinstall the game now that the only new WvW content has been removed. I was expecting fixes and improvements, not a rollback to 3 years ago.

Yep.

I paid for that new WvW content, and it’s been taken away. Are we all going to have a git about it like Legendaries?

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

in WvW

Kylden Ar.3724

All I see from ppl disliking the ABL so far boil down to “it’s not new so we don’t like it”. Which is a pretty lame and weak argument. Are there real and factual reasons as to why ppl dislike it?

It’s not more blobby or zerg oriented than what I’ve seen from the DBL. That argument is pure unadulterated BS. So, really, what is it?

I’ll tell you what I never noticed in the past before the DBL but notice now that I consider a flaw/bad design. The enemy spawn on each side is so close to the south towers and the side keeps. Doesn’t take long to wp into a map and start attacking a keep.

But that’s the benefit! Action instead of a track meet.

you could prob flip the south towers before the action even gets there

So? This isn’t real war. If enemies are immediately chased off of one of the first objectives (most likely by building a lot siege) then things can get boring real fast. Yay, we still have all of our stuff …but the map is dead. An accessible foothold encourages offensive forces to press which in turn gives defenders and scouts something to do. It’s a give and take, home borderland shouldn’t automatically mean easy defense, this is part of what makes Alpine a functional WvWvW map.

It’s a give and take, home borderland shouldn’t automatically mean easy TAKE, this is part of what makes Alpine a functional as a k-train WvWvW map.

:)

Read what you typed. If you’re going to try being a smartkitten at least do it right.

My argument still stands. You complained about Alpine south towers being hard to defend. Last time I checked, karma trains don’t treb from towers. Anything else?

I went back and reread everything I said and not once did I say they were hard to defend. I said I never noticed this before the DBL came into play BUT the south towers and side keeps are easy to get to just by spawning into the maps. You can get to them pretty fast before the defenders even show up.

then I commented on someone saying faster action.. well you can probably get into lords of south tower before the action even gets there lol

since the BLs came back there have been 2 threads recently about the event notifications popping up. Yes people complained about them in the past but they are annoying more people now because things are constantly flipping more..

Sure an option to turn off capture notifications is fine. My point is that a couple objectives being accessible to enemies is a small price to pay to get people to actually stay on a map.

lets see how long they last on the old map before they get bored of it and pile into ebg again.

look i’m happy the majority got what they wanted and I even caved in and said give the old maps back but in a way i’m bummed because we will probably not get any thing new ever again. guess only new content this game will ever get is pve stuff lol

THIS! This so kitten much!

These boards whined for 2 years for new WvW content, that Alpine was getting boring, and then we got something new and the first thing everyone did was scream, “It’s different it sucks take it away!!! Whaaa!!!”

Now PvP and PvE will get all the shiney new toys, and after they fix ‘scoring’ (and that’s a joke) WvW won’t get touched again till GW3.

Kylden

in WvW

Posted by: zano.5387

zano.5387

Replace Obsidian Sanctum with Desert Borderland!

$3.271.809 MMORPG: http://surl.pw/aoc

in WvW

Kylden Ar.3724

Or maybe put DBL up in the opposite corner of EOTM as a second overflow map or maybe rebuild it slightly to be like a second EBG (put a castle in the middle where Oasis was and move towers and keeps around the spawns a bit to even it out).

Kylden

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

Or maybe introduce a rotation, like 1 month desert, 1 month alpine? That way everyone could have a chance to play on the map they prefer?

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Or maybe introduce a rotation, like 1 month desert, 1 month alpine? That way everyone could have a chance to play on the map they prefer?

Way too long to be stuck with a kittenty map. 1 week would be ideal, 2 weeks max.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Way too long to be stuck with a kittenty map. 1 week would be ideal, 2 weeks max.

Yep. I’d be fine with a weekly rotation. One to three months of desert BL means I’m finding a new game to play which would probably mean I wouldn’t care to come back even after Alpine gets cycled back. There’s only so much of theses long EBG queues and extreme zerg play I can take since GW2 has other issues that Apline doesn’t make up for like pointless weekly wins and combat being degenerated by some of the elite specs.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

This!

…why OS still exists is beyond me understanding.

DESERT BORDERLANDS nAOWWWWW!

Guild runs are awesome in Desert Bl. In ALpine its just 1 giant map blob vs another giant map blob where we all jump ontop of eachother and try to fight over a stupid choke point for an hour until everyone gets bored and 1 side leaves and the other can pretend that it won.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

Why does this post still exist can we please delete it? I don’t want kitten bl back ever again

k

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader

in WvW

Posted by: Angel Heart.6739

Angel Heart.6739

i feel sad for all the players that pushed Alpine Borderlands trough. Not that i have anything against the map, but this pro Alpine group quickly deteriorated and sentiment took over from argument?

Its not a way to present a case is it? Arena-net looks at this and sees a bunch of 5 year old children bickering cause they want something they can’t have.

Seen the same on my server-forum.

Actually if you look at it with the current state of affairs it was wrong to push one map trough, which i have been saying from the start of this discussion.

The only stable future if offered by a means that all WvW players get something so they can have fun and enjoy the game.

If you really are open for map-rotation this would be the solution, but why not broaden this view, why not rotate the 3 borderlands maps each week, so all of us can go somewhere, without having to exclude any WvW player.

So rotate on each border each week for a month so playing WvW does not become a drag.

I seen and heard a couple of things in the posts above:

Point per Kill (and capping stuff was present and has been an integral part from WvW since day 1, stop dissing on players doing it it works negatively.

- the guilds coming back and playing Alpine now, most of em left WvW 5 months before Alpine was taken out because they had gotten bored with the snow. day 1 the Alpine borderlands were back some of the elite guilds were playing EOTM hmmm wonder why.

- the real WvW player is a myth, it doesn’t exist, you are either a WvW player or not, ppl calling others zerg or blob*kitten*s,PVE-ers or PVP-ers should take an extended break from GW 2.

As for the remarks about Halo guild: 1 we’re tactical offensive initiative, as such we don’t Guildraid much, second answer we’re the meanies behind your lines contesting, taking your towers, keeps, camps and killing your rearguard when you least expect it, we’re ghosts good luck finding us :-)

We both fight PPK and do PPT as was intended for WvW from the start and don’t feel the need to change the game to our needs, if you want to face a challenge you work up to it you don’t change the conditions to suit your own pleasures in real warfare you can’t do that either except for choosing your battlefield and to suffer the conditions you fight under.

Djynn Tm – Founder and Guild Leader – Angel Hearts Clan [Halo] Seafarers Rest

(edited by Angel Heart.6739)

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I miss the desert BLs. Why can’t we just have both?

Because it requires someone with an actual vision for WvW working at Anet. It’s not like the solutions haven’t been posted hundreds of time.

in WvW

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

Why can’t they add one of the three as DBL? Why do they all have to be 3 identical ones?

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Why can’t they add one of the three as DBL? Why do they all have to be 3 identical ones?

Assuming they make all of the lords etc the same, there’s no real reason that it can’t be done. Only possible issue is that one map could be easier to defend than the other and gives a team or two an advantage but I don’t think it’d be that big of a deal.

My vote is for Alpine lords. I dislike the teleports, CC spams and other gimmicks that the desert lords have. It’s the boring choice, sure, but the one I prefer.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.7329

Ben K.7329

The bottom line is it doesn’t matter if you like the map individually. To you, it might be the best map ever. The problem is that the majority of the WvW did not play it. It was annoying seeing a 100 queue for EB and then no queues anywhere else.

Since the return of alpine, the queues have been spread between the maps again.

That’s the only stat that matters.

Since the return of Alpine I’m seeing the same thing as before – huge queue for EB and everything else empty.

in WvW

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

:/ anet can’t win with wvw community before hot many people complained about alpine. post hot many people complained about desert. now we have again complains for alpine

myself i would like to see 3 different sets so each server has it’s own border in matchups but to do that they would make the layout kinda similar in term of distance between objectives

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

I’m going to try to explain why vets of W3 like alpine better.

First some obvious above mentioned things with more context.

Less gimmicks aka mass invis areas, rock walls, random damage in keeps from npcs and stuff on walls, and some tedious work involved with that (taking/holding 3 shrines). These things take away from the free flow of action against the other servers.

Strategic value of towers. There is none on DBL and people may scoff at the idea of being able to treb a keep but it’s not really about taking the keep it’s more about how the defender cannot bunker they must take out attacking siege by actually leaving the keep and attacking another structure the attackers hold. You can gain a foothold easier against superior numbers and actually be a threat.

Second let’s discuss the strawman that is ktraining. Ktraining is a either a mutual actions (servers avoiding each other to cap structures) or one server has much larger numbers and takes all the things. This happens on both maps either way. One could argue the best Ktrain map is actually EBG but since there’s almost always players on EBG it happens less. So in that context the real question is which map allows the smaller group to be more impactful and in that respect from both a fights/ppt perspective it’s ABL. Small mans can gank keeps easier on ABL and small mans have more open space to kite out larger groups allowing them a better chance to win fights. Chokes are killers for the smaller group most the time a more open field area favors a the more skilled group.

For me the biggest reason ABL is better is because of what i call flow of fights. The map does a wonderful job of allowing even the most noob of players to get to where fights are. It also allows your most strategic places to be quickly gotten to to be defended. Home camps are easy to WP back to and get to before it flips. On home BL both N towers are easy to get to fast to defend, and for away maps your hills/bay are easy and quick to get to defend. You can actually defend your key camp (NN,SW,SE) to push an upgrade on keeps no matter where you are on map. Bottom line you see swords on you most important points and you can wp and get to them IN TIME to defend.
Garri WP is so prefect if you have it you don’t even have to be on map to defend hills/bay if you have one scout on your home BL, likewise if you can WP an enemy keep. Defense is way better not because of keep layouts but because you can actually find the attack point and get to it in time to stop a rush.
Fights are the same. On home bl you can push south so fast if you wipe you’re back in the action within a minute or two. People can get back into the fight faster if they have to WP. Havoc can move freely and quickly move through the center of the map to throw off defenders or choke off reinforcements to the keep your main force is attacking. Nothing slows you down ever getting back to the fight that’s not an enemy player. Fights people like ABL better cause frankly there’s not many places to hide from a more skilled group. You can’t really avoid people on ABL if they’re looking for you.
W3 is a unique gamemode in that it doesn’t need ANET to make it interesting it just needs players. The epic RvR is what makes it great not pretty map or lots of options to get in and out of areas. Those are just things that limit me finding my enemy. DBL may be a better PPT map the problem is most vets know most matches are over before they start from a PPT perspective so might as well have map that let’s us find fights more easily. It’s not that we don’t want to evolve to new tactics it’s that there’s too many tactics to reasonably defend/find if your enemy is actively avoiding your group.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

:/ anet can’t win with wvw community before hot many people complained about alpine. post hot many people complained about desert. now we have again complains for alpine

Anet can’t win if you seriously think there is an equal amount of people on both sides.

There isn’t.

The last week or so is the first time since HoT that I’ve actually seen less people in queue for EBG than the BL maps. If that doesn’t tell you how much people would rather play the old maps then I don;t know what could.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

Anet can’t win if you seriously think there is an equal amount of people on both sides.

There isn’t.

The last week or so is the first time since HoT that I’ve actually seen less people in queue for EBG than the BL maps. If that doesn’t tell you how much people would rather play the old maps then I don;t know what could.

oh i know but to clarify it was just the first days. in my server since reset the q came back to ebg. still most people preferred alpine cause it was simpler easier for roamers and zergs to find their way less places that were tricky to fall to your death. i just made the post to show that anet can’t please both sides even if the other side seems to have less people they are people who enjoyed desert more. i just wanted to show that and after that i just said mine opinion

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Its been so fun not having to deal with the simplistic DBL and the PVD squads. It’ll be a sad day when that inferior map comes back.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

No, do not take back those desert boring maps, alpine forever.
Close the thread.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

Assuming they make all of the lords etc the same, there’s no real reason that it can’t be done. Only possible issue is that one map could be easier to defend than the other and gives a team or two an advantage but I don’t think it’d be that big of a deal.

My vote is for Alpine lords. I dislike the teleports, CC spams and other gimmicks that the desert lords have. It’s the boring choice, sure, but the one I prefer.

Lords are irrelevant. Each map is cycled each round so it would be distributed evenly across matches.

in WvW

Cerby.1069

i feel sad for all the players that pushed Alpine Borderlands trough. Not that i have anything against the map, but this pro Alpine group quickly deteriorated and sentiment took over from argument?

Its not a way to present a case is it? Arena-net looks at this and sees a bunch of 5 year old children bickering cause they want something they can’t have.

Seen the same on my server-forum.

Actually if you look at it with the current state of affairs it was wrong to push one map trough, which i have been saying from the start of this discussion.

The only stable future if offered by a means that all WvW players get something so they can have fun and enjoy the game.

If you really are open for map-rotation this would be the solution, but why not broaden this view, why not rotate the 3 borderlands maps each week, so all of us can go somewhere, without having to exclude any WvW player.

So rotate on each border each week for a month so playing WvW does not become a drag.

I seen and heard a couple of things in the posts above:

Point per Kill (and capping stuff was present and has been an integral part from WvW since day 1, stop dissing on players doing it it works negatively.

- the guilds coming back and playing Alpine now, most of em left WvW 5 months before Alpine was taken out because they had gotten bored with the snow. day 1 the Alpine borderlands were back some of the elite guilds were playing EOTM hmmm wonder why.

- the real WvW player is a myth, it doesn’t exist, you are either a WvW player or not, ppl calling others zerg or blob*kitten*s,PVE-ers or PVP-ers should take an extended break from GW 2.

As for the remarks about Halo guild: 1 we’re tactical offensive initiative, as such we don’t Guildraid much, second answer we’re the meanies behind your lines contesting, taking your towers, keeps, camps and killing your rearguard when you least expect it, we’re ghosts good luck finding us :-)

We both fight PPK and do PPT as was intended for WvW from the start and don’t feel the need to change the game to our needs, if you want to face a challenge you work up to it you don’t change the conditions to suit your own pleasures in real warfare you can’t do that either except for choosing your battlefield and to suffer the conditions you fight under.

Personally I just find it sad that the developers listened to a minority group just because they whined all over the internet about not wanting to learn something new. Really shows weakness on the developer side of things. They shoulda done an ingame vote or tested ‘actual’ players. Most of the people wanting alpine back were just bandwagon joiners….they have no recollection or memory of the problems alpine has/had as a map. It’s a case of them just wanting something like a 5 year old does and not even realizing what they are getting. You could give them the original Alpine map with exploits ahoy in them and people jumpin into towers and stuff with the HoT updates and they would kid themselves into thinking it was still better than desert.

I mean there was alot to be learned from the whole experience. Generally not a good idea to go on reddit and look at a whiney forum posting and change your entire game just to appease it.

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Puck.9612

Personally I just find it sad that the developers listened to a minority group just because they whined all over the internet about not wanting to learn something new. Really shows weakness on the developer side of things. They shoulda done an ingame vote or tested ‘actual’ players.

Well I guess they better just stick with the alpine map from here on out.
They wouldn’t want to “show weakness” by giving into your whining and returning the deserted bl.

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

This just shows how mixed opinions are in the WvW community.

Personally I don’t mind either. A rotation would be best by the looks of it. And there’s definitely some whiners who make unnecessary drama on both sides.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in WvW

Cerby.1069

Personally I just find it sad that the developers listened to a minority group just because they whined all over the internet about not wanting to learn something new. Really shows weakness on the developer side of things. They shoulda done an ingame vote or tested ‘actual’ players.

They wouldn’t want to “show weakness” by giving into your whining and returning the deserted bl.

You didn’t read what I wrote and if you did you don’t understand it at all.
The developers designed desert to replace alpine….they made desert the way they did ON PURPOSE to further THEIR vision of WvsW. They only went back on THEIR VISION due to the whiners….
They didn’t ‘want’ to give us alpine back lmao….its so jaded that you believe they did.

Now you are saying that they can’t go back and design the game the way they always wanted to? Cause if its weakness to listen to 1 whiny reddit post and go back on ur visiion….then its weakness to decide to ‘not’ listen to that whiny reddit post and make the game the way you always wanted to make it? Hopefully you can understand the folly of ur logic. If not I apologize if you feel offended/threatened.

The devs should never have listened to a minority group in the community and gone back on their vision for wvsw because of it. <——that is what I said (twice now), and that is what you need to take away from all this.

I’m assuming you just misread or mistook my postings for random banter/flaming, and jumped to the wrong conclusion due to this misreading. The logic should be pretty plain and barebones at this point. Hopefully you learn something from all this

I’m always happy to educate forum users.

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Puck.9612

You didn’t read what I wrote and if you did you don’t understand it at all.
The developers designed desert to replace alpine….they made desert the way they did ON PURPOSE to further THEIR vision of WvsW. They only went back on THEIR VISION due to the whiners….
They didn’t ‘want’ to give us alpine back lmao….its so jaded that you believe they did.

Now you are saying that they can’t go back and design the game the way they always wanted to? Cause if its weakness to listen to 1 whiny reddit post….then its weakness to decide to ‘not’ listen to that whiny reddit post and make the game the way you always wanted to make it? Hopefully you can understand the folly of ur logic. If not I apologize if you feel offended/threatened.

Yes they did design the deserted bl in their vision. Unfortunately their vision (y’know the whole WvW players love PvE bullkitten) was terrible and drove away a huge chunk of the population.
Now if you were running a company (remember, companies need to make money to survive) and you realized you made a mistake that was losing you a lot of business would you just say “ah kitten it, I didn’t really want to keep the lights on anyway”, or would you correct that mistake?

P.S.
You’re whining again.

in WvW

Sich.7103

If Anet revert the BL to Alpine it’s because DBL was such a disaster….
They have probably metrics showing the big fail this map was…
ABL is back, and we see more fight and more players ingame. EB queue is smaller, sometimes no queue at all on EB and queue on BL.
Bad thing is that we get the HoT stuff with auto upgrade and guild upgrade…. But at least the map was revert.

in WvW

Posted by: Cyanon.1928

Cyanon.1928

“For the last 6 months, I’ve been told daily by players how great and well designed ABL is/was.” – Tyler Bearce, Game Designer ANET

So, now stop complaining against ABL. You are not the majority…

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Personally I just find it sad that the developers listened to a minority group just because they whined all over the internet about not wanting to learn something new. Really shows weakness on the developer side of things. They shoulda done an ingame vote or tested ‘actual’ players. Most of the people wanting alpine back were just bandwagon joiners….they have no recollection or memory of the problems alpine has/had as a map. It’s a case of them just wanting something like a 5 year old does and not even realizing what they are getting. You could give them the original Alpine map with exploits ahoy in them and people jumpin into towers and stuff with the HoT updates and they would kid themselves into thinking it was still better than desert.

Where does the conviction it was a “minority” that were unsatisfied come from? You absolutely did not needed to look at the forum to understand that the DBL were disliked by a lot more than a “minority”.

Your conviction that it’s only amnesic bandwagoneer that wanted ABL back is even more WTFesque to me. The more I hear ppl who want the DBL, the more I begin to see a pattern between EoTM and DBL love from them. The vision of what WvW ought to be is just incredibly different for ppl who like EoTM and ppl who never did. DBL was EoTM 2.0. Do not look further than that to understand the love hate of the beast.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

DBL is still in rotation,anet already said that…The Alpine being live atm is not permanent for now.

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

funny those who want DBl dont even log on to play but they do spend alot of time on the forum.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Desert borderlands still need massive reworks to become playable. All 3 shrine effects need to be reworked (preferably to boost keep upgrade speeds rather than affect movement and fights). Terrain around the eastern side of the map and south west of the map needs to be reworked. The position of the keeps and towers need to be moved to make objectives more strategic. The sizes of towers and keeps need to be reduced to allow for easier scouting. The Oasis area needs to be changed to Bloodlust Ruins or similar.

In other words, Desert Borderlands needs to be reworked into the same philosophy as Alpine borderlands in order to make it playable.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Lowen.7109

Lowen.7109

the more I begin to see a pattern between EoTM and DBL love from them

Maybe that’s a possible solution. Refit DBL to work as an EoTM map since it really is so similar in how it operates. Could rotate the maps there and make it a much more supported game mode. There is a set of people who obviously love it, passionately so.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

anet really should have brought back ABL a week or so before they released all the other wvw changes. That way, we would have a little more data as to whether the huge population spike was due to the BL change or the other changes.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Daggos Skelito.2910

Daggos Skelito.2910

The more I hear ppl who want the DBL, the more I begin to see a pattern between EoTM and DBL love from them. The vision of what WvW ought to be is just incredibly different for ppl who like EoTM and ppl who never did. DBL was EoTM 2.0. Do not look further than that to understand the love hate of the beast.

For me this is not true. Love the fast pace action in EoTM but really really hate DBL. Oh and ABL is awesome! Be kinda nice if they were reskined to adjust for the 4 seasons!

DBL should be added as a HOT pve map

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

anet really should have brought back ABL a week or so before they released all the other wvw changes. That way, we would have a little more data as to whether the huge population spike was due to the BL change or the other changes.

So much this. IMHO dbl was blamed far too much for HOT failings when there were so many other detrimental changes. It is now given too much credit for the population increase when a patch hit and oh yea so did a server merge (link). The link should have waited Because of the returning pop, but that is another story.

My gut tells me the majority prefers ABL. I just don’t think it is as big of a gap between the ABL lovers and DBL lovers as some think there is. This is why they need multiple maps in some sort of rotation (and 3 months doesn’t cut it) or choice within a match.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

(edited by Liston.9708)

in WvW

Sich.7103

Even with the patch we always have 100+ queue on EB…. Now we have less queue on EB, often more queue on BL that on EB… People spread more now with ABL that with DBL
And stop QQ about DBL or ABL…. Anet will rotate BOTH map !
You QQ because now we have ABL… But don’t worry, I will probably stop playing, or at least playing less and less time when DBL will be back… Now it’s your turn to not be happy… I didn’t play for month because of DBL, you can do the same when ABL is here..

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

I can’t speak for all on Mag, but my impression is that the stability buff was the #1 reason for many to return to wvw. ABL helped as well, but is probably #2 at best.

Before anet implements a map rotation, I hope they introduce a new map that also has the wide open areas and few chokes that makes ABL preferable to so many players. I, for one, really don’t want to play on DBL every other week, but I guess I could deal with it one week in three.

Osu