Give ideas to improve WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: zealot.3275

zealot.3275

Time to try and just give some ideas to make WvW a more enjoyable option without the normal yelling for new maps or complaining about current options and bugs.

After a discussion on my home server while waiting for a friday night reset. A point was made that sounded good. Why not add to the Towers and Keeps defenses with Auto Defense options. We already get cannons and mortars which we all can use. All other defense options must be built and manned. Why not add a cannon like turret or multiple turrets as an upgrade option which will defend a tower or keep along with the people inside. It adds abit more difficulty to take a tower if the tower has been upgraded with this option. Small groups would still be able to take towers and such with or without the upgrade but would have to remove the auto turrets before trying to say put up a Flame ram or Catapult within a certain distance of the location. Of course in time the range increments of these turrets would be figured and their blind spots but till then it would be a small step into helping change up the pace of WvW.
Another idea i’ve seen that seems to be talked about alot now is the idea of rewarding your overall Server’s score by taking away Camps,towers,etc from the points leader. Giving the two servers who are in 2cd and 3rd more of a reason to aim for first then just giving in if the first place server has been stomping them. First place would be putting a target on your back but in most WvW matchup cases lately many matches have been one sided with only a few being close till the end.
The last option i’ve noticed that came up in this WvW debate was the use of weather effects but i’m unsure how effective these would be since they may lag out maps and cause more issues then good. The original idea is if you held a certain area that it would cause an overall effect to the map. Control a Merc camp to not only gain extra forces but to have in the area a certain effect like poor visibility due to sandstorm (like in our current new living story Dry Top area) but this would not effect the controlling server’s people. Lightning storms that target random enemies in that area and strike out against them. Again the fact of lag and the option to not have these effects happen due to graphics performance options and such may be a concern.

If you have any other ideas that may help WvW become more fun please add some. Just remember to keep the trolling and complaining to a minimum as we want constructive ideas. Lets let the GW2 crew know we want WvW to become better.

Azure Clan Zealot
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

No Pvd. Want to capture any of the towers, keeps, SM, you must employ siege.

As mentioned on another thread by a poster. No ppt for capturing any undefended structure.

Undefended keeps & garrisons should be unobtainable by attacking sides or at least flipped back to the control of the home server after a period of time; allowing servers to gain a foot hold back on their home bl map & eternal battlegrounds. This could go some way in preventing the dominating server in one sided matches from negative game play, when you see them camped in every structure & outside the main spawn zones. Those tactics are a pointless round killer when opposing servers are never a threat on the score board.

(edited by johnnymiller.5968)

in WvW

Posted by: Wildchild.7502

Wildchild.7502

More underwater combat and Underwater keeps / sieges

Guardian – Exg Wildchild /Necro – Wildchild Two / Ranger – Aleksi Laiho
SIC – Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Here were my suggestions.

1: Increase player kill reward
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Make-player-kill-loot-better/first#post4152889

2: WvW Weekly achievements (like dailies)
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Suggestion-WvW-Weeklies-For-more-participation

3: Borderland map rotation which helps balance matchups
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Proposal-PvP-Map-Rotation-for-Borderlands

I’m all idea-d out for now.

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

A WvW development team.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

zealot.3275

Got a couple more ideas from another debate group on Eotm.

Though i’m not a fan of Eotm I don’t think it should be removed as it’s already become a play point for many people either to just roam,have fun,troll,karma train.The idea of the random buffed neutral points such as being able to become light and move faster because their team held an alter. A giant laser that can launch assaults over nearly the entire battlefield and e can’t forget the scorpion tanks.These mechanisms could change the pace of combat rather easily but would need better placement to help remove the favoritism of certain abilities such as scorpion tanks being only outside 1 keep. These placements would be better placed in certain areas in between all keeps or even hidden in areas with Npc guardians where it would take a rather large force to take and gain such a bonus.

Another rather easy idea is to upgrade the option of adding forces or increasing their strengths to a position to help defend it better. Raising the npc’s basic level from veteran to elite (so not to cause champ farming) but this would need to be with caution. Maybe only 1 or 2 npcs getting this upgrade so a small group of players would still be able to take a camp but it would take a single player much more effort if the camp has been upgraded. As for increasing their numbers (add patrol) i’m unsure how many npcs would be a significant amount to make up for player challenge but as it is currently a fully upgraded camp for example is still a minor issue for a single well set player to simply side step npcs as they chance them mindlessly. Even the option to simply give the npcs better skills to deal with players may be a good option though how many and what skills i’m unsure of.

Lastly an option i’ve remember hearing about months after the games release. the option for players to take supply from a camp or tower and run it to another safe structure and deposit it. Though this would bring up the option of trolling players to simply grab and run supply to random places it’s not needed to be “trolls” but we already have a problem like this with random players creating large amounts of siege to use up keep supply. I think the idea of being able to deposit supply by a player would help teams be able to defend better along with help upgrade readily taken structures to better defend against constant flipping.

Alright we got some good ideas in here guys i’m looking forward to hearing more. Let the GW2 crew know we are willing to help with ideas.

Azure Clan Zealot
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Replekos.9143

Replekos.9143

Some good ones above me. I’d love to see EOTM style points of strategic value. The mercs just aren’t THAT useful.

I’m on the server that is perpetually [outnumbered] and I have to say, the buff is a joke. magic find isn’t doing bugger-all when we’re outnumbered 5-1 and both of the larger servers team up on us since we’re the easier captures. Make [outnumbered] into a stat boost that scales with the difference in numbers within 2000 units or so. This would even out zerg fights but wouldn’t give unfair advantages in 1v1 skirmishes with the scouts.

I’d also like to see defending be more important. The rewards for defending a point are lower than for capturing and when you’re outnumbered it’s hard to take back a point before you get ganked. I propose that if you capture a point in the enemy corner of the map that it falls into disrepair when no human player occupies it for an extended period of time and the walls and gate begin to take periodic damage, kind of like bleeding. Either that or everything gains stacks of structural vulnerability that costs supply to repair. This would make it easier to retake forts in your own corner unless there are players in there to fight. Would also help to balance matches and stopping one server from just curb stomping another.

I also really don’t like [Righteous Indignation]. Why should I have to wait 5 minutes to capture a point the other team already abandoned? Replace it with a decaying stat boost so that it is much harder to capture right away, but still possible.

Lastly, let’s get some new siege. I’d love to be able to set traps like land mines of various types, like striaght up damage, wide range stun, wide range bleed, etc. They’d have to be short-lived, like 10 minutes between placement and expiry, but would provide a more interesting defense strategy. like set mines up at the door and the other team would have to use a mine sweeper siege to slowly sniff them all out and disarm them. That would give them something to protect and slow them down. More than just the “set up a bajillion rams and we’re golden” strategy we’ve got now.

(edited by Replekos.9143)

in WvW

Posted by: Undreas.7298

Undreas.7298

I’d like to see some more commander features specifically for wvw. Utilities, ranks, etc., like map markers and notes. Nothing extravagant or game-breaking, but rather something that shows people the difference between a veteran commander and a new one.

And maybe have tags for various types of commanders. Like a main commander that brings the zerg, and secondary commanders who lead smaller strike teams to take smaller objectives while the main armies are clashing, forcing the enemy to perform the same moves. It tends to happen once in a while as it is, but for some servers, there’s no way to keep that up in a steady and continuous fashion. Sure, with one big zerg you can almost always expect to make some sort of difference. You’re basically guaranteed to cap something, but only one thing at a time. And that’s what you are limited to.

Sure, wvw guilds could handle the split-up part just as well, but they work mostly independently without ever communicating much with the rest.

But I’m thinking more about dedicated defense/attack squads. And a way to create and organize such squads without just via creating parties. Something related just to wvw that makes people go “okay, it’s worth setting this up.” without having to be persuaded by others in chat.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Well all these ideas are fine but you really need to start at the root, hire people that have real passion and are not oblivious. Then realise what the end game really is, focus on that and improve it.

The bottom line is Anet had the market cornered with the 3 way battle system that so many were looking for, they completely dropped the ball. Instead of becoming the game people will continue to play they have become the time filler until a new game comes out.

kitten poor recognition as to what the player base wants. Sad state of affairs.

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Honestly one of the simplest things ANet could do is show the slightest little inclination that they care about WvW and it’s community in the forums. For months now there has been virtually no contact between them and us on here beyond the copy past, “Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum.” and it’s left a significant amount of the player-base without hope. But, with better communication with the players comes more ideas for enjoyable content to keep people playing and attract new players.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

They wont and within 3-4 years we will all read the ever so popular comments of “if we could have done it again, we would have listened to the player base”.

This wont be the first or last game that failed to recognise the #1 killer of MMO’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Its early in the morning, I’m still tired and grumpy. So here’s a wall of text for you.

- Redesign all 3 border to match the desert, jungle/grass and tundra themes that’s already in GW2. They would remain similar as they are. This can be a lengthy process, doesnt has to happen all in one patch.

- Redesign Eternal Battleground to fit into the above concept. IE if the desert border is on the left, EB left side begin to transition to desert.

- Introduce the dynamic “weather” system as appropriate in each climate. Dust storms in the desert, fog in the jungle, ice storms in the tundra.

- Constant PPT is toned down to only affect major keeps. SM, border keeps and garrison.

- Additional PPT can be gained by bringing back the orbs. Orbs are captured from minor keeps and put into hills/bay on the border lands. Each hill/bay can hold two orbs in total. For example, bay hold the orbs from the NW and SW keep. If these keeps are lost, the PPT bonus is lost as well.

- When a keep or camp is captured, a fixed amount of points is awarded. The higher the tier, the higher the points. Major keeps get additional fixed points as reward when flipping.

- Doors can no longer be hacked down by hand and have their base HP upped a bit

- Siege supply costs are beefed up considerably

- The above is countered by improved siege methods – rams and catapults are now mobile (but very slow) and there is a new “support golem” that is a poor mans version of hacking down a door by hand. Each camp support two free “support golem” (say 80 supply to build, if the camp is lost they are automatically destroyed). Its power is weaker than the alpha golem.

- Trebuchets have longer range and more power to counter their new “static” deployment compared to mobile siege.

- Arrowcarts are redesign to fire like catapults/trebuchets – 1/3 control rotation, 2 control firing arc. As a tradeoff, they’re also mobile like catapults/rams. Ballistas become mobile as well, but can only firing within a very small angle before needing to be manually rotated.

- Camps can be upgraded in more stages, with roaming guards.

- Removal of the god darn annoying centaurs and skritt which are replaced with two more camps that also resupply the EoTM supply cache (ie citadel supply). Alternativly, these areas would be replaced with two major keeps that hold the above mentioned orbs for hills/bay instead of them being in the minor keeps.

- Commanders have the ability to name their squad, change color, icon and go private (only visible to guild/party members).

- When holding a nearby keep, the amount of friendly NPCs at a flag point increase as its tier is increased.

- Guild challenges added for major keeps and hills/bay. When a guild trigger either an assault or defense challenge, they got a certain amount of time to complete the task. For example, if a guild trigger the defense of Stonemist then they need to hold it for 30 minutes or something. Award tiers depend on how many enemies died in there, whether inner/outer has been breached, whether any enemy came into the inner sanctum, etc. Defending successfully against no one in the middle of the night is of course only eqvivalent to pot metal award, not even bronze. These can be triggered a couple of times per day but not when another guild has triggered it for the keep in question. The challenge is of course publicly noted as a dynamic event on the map, for both friends and enemies (including the guild name)… Enemies that thwart it get a regular event completion with award.

And that’s about it for what I can rant about this morning. Ugh, need a shower.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

1) enforced balance of teams, if the winner is c.lear from start, there no sense to play the match, and in far to many matches the winner is known ahead.

2) To much PvD is the result of to many map for to few player most of the time, freeze maps when there are to few players in the match to fill them.

3) scheduled world boss runs gives you a guaranteed rare every 15 min, and quite often several plus exo, EotM gives more karma, badges and even WEXP. Living story gives you achievements every two weeks. WvW is mediocre rewards in any respect, make it at least leading in one respect.

4) I am sure, most of us totally forgot/ignore the bufs your world gets with increased score. Make them more effective, such that people care about them, don’t apply them to anyone registered on a world, but only to the ones that worked for them. Do not apply them in the current match (current buf based on current score), but apply them in the next week (buf during the week, based on the final score in the last match).

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

wait…are we doing anet’s job?

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Main change I would do is time-slice the matchups into 6-8 hour blocks, with different matchups and rankings per time block for the week.

Would fix most coverage issues I think.

Secondly I would make holding Borderland Bloodlust more meaningful somehow, something to bring more people into the middle area. Maybe somesort of mini-game within wvw (maybe a Ruins of Power outbreak event every hour, and participants get a special buff for winning).

Thirdly I would introduce new/interesting wxp upgrades. One could be targeted towards pets in zerg fights (i.e., a rank that gives your pets/summons increased HP/defiance stacks when fighting in vicinity of orange swords). Another one could be targeted toward roaming, maybe faster stomping when not near orange swords or something.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

No, their job would be to extract and unify and finally implement these things. Our job is to formulate our needs.

Unfortunately we are much faster in formulating needs than they are in realizing them.
Such that when they finally realized things we once wanted, we don’t have a need for them anymore.

• New Map = EotM, cool, a lot of people wanted a new map.
  • To many queue = Overflow map, cool, a lot of people complained about hours of queue.

but unfortunately no one had a queue any more when EotM got finished, with the known disastrous result of depopulated WvW.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

If you have any other ideas that may help WvW become more fun please add some. Just remember to keep the trolling and complaining to a minimum as we want constructive ideas. Lets let the GW2 crew know we want WvW to become better.

Insinuating that our usual complaints are trollish is trollish as well, just for your information.

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

At this point somebody should….

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Start by hiring people to actually work on WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

We’ve been giving constructive ideas since beta.
We’ve given our views and ideas in the previous 3 WvW CDIs

What we havent done is seen any constructive replies, all we get is “That’s a good idea” if we’re lucky; but most of the time it’s “We’ve read your posts and will consider then”.

All we’ve seen are a few map glitches fixed and a few Quality of Life improvements such as account bound WXP.

This is not how any developer should be treating any part of their gaming community.

All the attention is going to PvE, regular, content-filled updates; regular, active,
respectful replies in the forums from not only Devs, but also Content Designers, Liaisons, Technical Support, Communist Special Operations, Competitive Events Managers, Game Support Leads, Narrative Designers, Technical Designers, Lead Writers….

The list goes on, but that’s who’s replied to posts in the last week in other forums; whilst you have to go to page 4 in the WvW discussions forum to get to the first red post, and it’s from Allie who’s left!

It’s just a very sad state.

As it has been since beta, the ball is still in the dev’s court.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

(edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054)

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Real class balance.
A reason for Rangers to exist.
Guilds can goto war with each other regardless of server:
-Warring guilds can enter a 20v20 instance for GvG.
-Multiple GvG game modes including deathmatch, ctf, t&h.
-Guild housing so their castles on each side of instance.
Server mergers to consolidate players.
Removal of waypoints.
Multiplayer transports and more siege to play with.
No way to hurt structures without siege
Proper rewards for WvW.
Finishers based of WvW rank.
More reasons to WvW other than sheer boredom.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

This x 1,000,000

I would suggest a few ideas but there’s no point until anet WANTS to hear suggestions from us and WANTS to improve WvW. Till then…

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

Because of how often (but not always!) one server tends to end up scores of thousands of points ahead of the other two servers, keeping first place should be an ever-increasing challenge.

So, a first-place server’s waypoints should become non-functional. If they manage to retain them and drop out of first, they’ll start working again.

The idea of getting no reward (karma, dragonite, whatever) from taking unoccupied structures and no subsequent ppt for them is interesting, but one wonders what effect that would have on playstyle – wouldn’t people on occupied servers just post scouts and have people abandon places when their opponents are drawing near?

Or, in matches between low-population servers, wouldn’t that just leave two (or three) sides all ticking at essentially zero?

It would be better, I think, if only the first place server had this applied to them – no reward and no ppt for taking unoccupied objectives.

Mobile siege suggestions are not great – we already have two flavours of golems for people to use and we don’t need any more of that.

When a server has the Outnumbered buff on a map, that also applies a Bloated debuff to whichever side(s) cause it. There is a reduction in MF and wxp, and abilities and positive effects last 30% less on them. Conditions and negative effects last 30% longer on them.

If you want to swarm, you have to really take advantage of your numbers. Zergs still get to zerg, but they don’t get to zerg (as easily) hapless completely outnumbered defenders. Closer fights are better for all of us.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

So one of the main complaints is that EoTM “killed” WvW by splitting up the populations and emptying the borderlands…

How exactly would splitting it further and encourage guilds to not play WvW help?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

No offense to any1, but if you have suggestions keep it to 3 lines. They periodically read posts and the short ones are easier on the eyes.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

So one of the main complaints is that EoTM “killed” WvW by splitting up the populations and emptying the borderlands…

How exactly would splitting it further and encourage guilds to not play WvW help?

The complaints about EotM is that it is being used for leveling alts and farming and not actual combat. It’s also rewarding players for doing this at a far greater pace than WvW is rewarding players who actually fight.

ANet also needs to start merging backwater servers so more consistent players can be found in borderlands and EB.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

- Small additions to maps like we see currently in the living story
- NPC controlled siege and tower/keep lords buffing players (like siegerazer)
- Cannons mounted high enough that only siege can attack them
- Weekly achievements (like others have mentioned)
- WvW specific quests (like heart quests in PvE) except these are WvW specific

One more I just thought of, commanders should be able to pack up siege (perhaps through a commander only WXP ability rank. It can take a bit to pack up, but the main purpose behind it is to stop siege trolls in keeps. Also helps, slow down zergs while conserving gold.

Edit – Perhaps controlling everything on your borderland should offer double PPT.

in WvW

Posted by: MasterD.4790

MasterD.4790

GvG needs it’s own game mode.

For the people saying that it will take away from WvW. I don’t believe that is so. In fact, I would bet more guilds would return to play that game mode if it offered a nice competitive game mode with rankings and leaderboards etc and was supported. Also those same “GvG” guilds would still go into WvW and play.

GvG is NOT the same as sPvP even in custom arena’s. The build comps are very limited in sPvP and even in a custom server you can’t go past 10v10…so 15v15 and 20v20 is out of the question.

There is and has been so much potential for GvG, even turning into an esport or monetizing the mode through the gem store.

The thing about GvG is that it builds pride and community because your doing it with your guild and friends. There is a reason this community formed naturally…all Anet needs to do is foster and support it and I think it would bring back some more competitive guilds that left for a while due to stagnation and would actually HELP WvW and its population.

Gamadorn the epitome of a hotjoin hero

in WvW

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

new develop team
the curent one ether they dont lisen the players ..ether they dont have any ideas to fix the wvwvw ether they dont know what they doing

having develop team atm or not is the one and the same…vwvwvw is loosing players day by day

in WvW

Posted by: Shukudu.7164

Shukudu.7164

i agree, they should hire a DEDICATED wvw team

Northern Shiverpeaks-TFG
Vanduul Lvl 80 Ranger
Omekrius Lvl 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Things that i would like to see and I think most of them have already been mentioned in one way or another in this topic or elsewhere:

- 2 Match ups per week to keep them more competitive.
- WvW Guild Missions to add content for guilds
- WvW Reward Tracks and overhaul of the Achievements
- WvW Weekly Tasks to get more people interested in WvW
- PPT per Camp/Tower/Keep depending on upgrade status
- Anti Hack/Exploit Initiative
- GvG

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

A WvW development team.

*This

You can submit all the ideas you want but at the end of the day if Anet doesn’t care about WvW then your flogging a dead horse.

in WvW

Posted by: radiantbliss.6875

radiantbliss.6875

I have some real issues with ppt. It doesn’t matter at all and makes it all feel pretty useless going out there to trudge through blobs and/or pvdoor. I wish there were some way to have a reward system similar to spvp. This way you actually get something out of it but nothing as unique as season rewards. Like an end of the week tally for kills/captures/escorts as a means of validating actual wvw play per account so participation matters, then depending on placement your experience bar for reward goes up. This way you still have to work for it. Everyone still gets the same things available, but your server placement assists in how fast you achieve your goal. It doesn’t penalize someone who can’t wvw every day nor does it mean your die hard wvwers are overrun continually by reward chasers en masse. It also has the added benefit of throwing out a carrot to get new people more interested in going there since a lot of servers are claiming to be drying up out there.

Something like that utilizes features that are already in use just on a bigger scale. You know…just an idea.

Blackgate
[KiS] Kinetic Storm

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

No offense to any1, but if you have suggestions keep it to 3 lines. They periodically read posts and the short ones are easier on the eyes.

And exactly how many of those shorter posts ever resulted in the slightest action from ANet?

Let’s face it, posts here about WvW have zero usefulness other than to give players an outlet for their frustrations, and for that a wall of text is more effective than three brief lines. If ANet still has any devs at all assigned to WvW they aren’t doing anything except checking for potential breaks in WvW that might be created by patches to GW2 in general. Nobody at ANet is even going to fix the WvW bugs and deficiencies that have been complained about since launch, much less make modifications.

Coming up with suggestions may be therapeutic, but expecting anything to come from them is delusional. So I say just type away to your heart’s content … the more the better … because the only one to ever get any value out of it will be you and that value will dissipate the second you hit the enter key.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

And exactly how many of those shorter posts ever resulted in the slightest action from ANet?

Let’s face it, posts here about WvW have zero usefulness other than to give players an outlet for their frustrations, and for that a wall of text is more effective than three brief lines. If ANet still has any devs at all assigned to WvW they aren’t doing anything except checking for potential breaks in WvW that might be created by patches to GW2 in general. Nobody at ANet is even going to fix the WvW bugs and deficiencies that have been complained about since launch, much less make modifications.

Coming up with suggestions may be therapeutic, but expecting anything to come from them is delusional. So I say just type away to your heart’s content … the more the better … because the only one to ever get any value out of it will be you and that value will dissipate the second you hit the enter key.

While you disregard all hope that the OP delivers, you dont add anything new to the discussion. So i wonder, why anybody should listen to you at all.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

zealot.3275

We are getting some great ideas here everyone. Keep it up and hope with enough attention to this thread we’ll get a GW crew member to notice it. I know this has been tried time and time again but keep at it everyone. Let our voices…text walls be heard…read.

Remember that bashing the Gw2 team accomplishes nothing but more arguing and the closing of threads. Also with the exception of things that would take a long time to create and balance. What would be generally easy ideas to implement to our current WvW maps. I know we all want a Team for WvW and new maps but for the moment lets keep up just ideas to improve WvW as it is. If we get their attention with this then maybe they will move on to larger requests.

As for ideas above. One struck me as a good sub thread for here. If we had WvW only dailys and weekly challenges what should they be?

Also for outnumbered buff since I know its a much talked about buff. How would you change it to make it seem like a more…substantial buff for being outnumbered?

What should defending a structure give as a reward to improve the idea of defense? We need something that can equal out the current reward for taking a tower so do we ask for double karma, double WvW exp, money? It’s hard to reward item drops for defending if no enemy is killed but what do you all think would be a passable reward twords defending?

Lastly thank you everyone who is really giving their thoughts on how to improve this very popular and loved part of Guildwars 2.

Azure Clan Zealot
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Merge dead servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

Merge Scatter the population from brain dead servers.

Fixed to provide clarity that this refers to stacked bandwagon servers and not the ones they leave behind who don’t deserve further indignity from people who don’t deserve to benefit from them further.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Merge dead servers.

Dead Server + Dead Server = Double Dead Server?

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Merge dead servers.

Dead Server + Dead Server = Double Dead Server?

In the actual state? yes. In the in the morning we took SF (ET-SF-FC matchup) bay with 3 ppl. Only 1 comes to defend. We was only 4 in the entire borderland.

That is not WvW, that is not what wvw players deserve. That is WHY ppl just transfer to upper tiers. Not for win or farm, they transfer for play.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

More maps and some smaller maps [King of the hill with only 1 keeps in the middle, Team death match with kills scores affecting PPT, GvG maps ]
Add EOTM to the PPT rotation to encourage defence
Replace duplicated borderlands maps, no game should have duplicated content
New player skils and traits branch obtained from ranks points
More traps
Undo useless critical damage nerf

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Yeah, I second this. Actually having the Devs work on WvW, that could be a very positive first step, because it does seem obvious by now that WvW isn’t fixing itself.

Or wait!! I have a brilliant idea, add aspect crystals to WvW!!! Winning!

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

As I’ve posted in several other threads (because I’m a sado-masochist who just LOVES having suggestions fall on the deaf ears of the devs):

1) Players in combat mode may not resurrect defeated allies.

2) The gates of towers, keeps, and Stonemist Castle upgraded to the “Fortify” state (T3) can not be damaged by player skills. Only siege weapons can deal damage to these gates.

3) World Score points are awarded to the server which succeeds in capturing an actively defended objective. Actively defended is defined as at least one player who belongs to the world which owns the objective having been present within the objective’s sphere of influence (the “Defend the X” event radius) at any point during the current siege; they do not have to be present at the moment of capture. Each objective awards a base amount of World Score points on capture plus additional World Score points for each completed upgrade built at the objective.

4) No World Score points are awarded to a server for capturing undefended objectives (PvDoor will award nothing).

5) No personal rewards (loot, experience, karma, etc.) are given to players for capturing undefended objectives. The current rewards for capturing supply camps, towers, keeps, and Stonemist Castle will only be given out when capturing an actively defended objective (per the definition given in #3). To give even greater incentive for attacking actively defended fortifications, perhaps scale up the rewards based on the number of upgrades built at the objective.

6) The rewards for defeating real players are substantially increased over their current level.

7) World Score points are awarded for each player defeated in combat by default rather than being an award associated with the Bloodlust Buff. Maybe even give a bonus for stomps; sending a player to defeat without stomping awards 1 World Score point, stomping awards 2 World Score points.

8) Supply camps, towers, keeps, and Stonemist Castle no longer earn World Score points for the owning server unless upgrades are built there. The amount of World Score points earned every 15 minutes (PPT) will scale with the number of upgrades; the more upgrades built, the more PPT an objective earns.

9) For each “Defend the X” event completed at an actively defended supply camp, tower, keep, or Stonemist Castle, the owning server earns World Score points. In recognition of the fact that the defenders have the advantage, the World Score points awarded will be a fraction of what the attacker would earn on capturing the objective; a 10-to-1 ratio is suggested as a starting point.

For example, if capturing a keep with some upgrades would award 50 World Score points to the attackers, the defenders will earn 5 World Score points for each “Defend the X” event successfully concluded at the keep. This only applies while there are players belonging to the world which owns the keep actively defending it; the owning world earns nothing if there are no players defending the keep during any 3 minute “Defend the X” event.

The above shifts WvW from passive rewards (earning PPT by sitting on empty, unupgraded objectives while PvDooring) to active rewards for engaging in conflict with real players and/or making investments in and defending one’s holdings while also addressing the issues of karma training and zerging.

It also recognizes the efforts of defenders and open-field PvP-ers by giving them the means to directly contribute to their server’s World Score (sorry builders, escorters, and scouts; I’m still thinking of ways to have your efforts recognized, as well).

A poster in one of those threads critiqued point #5 as being punitive to soloists and small roaming parties. I agreed and wrote a revision which scales rewards based on the number of players present when capturing an objective (the intent being to reward skill and effort rather than numbers).

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Here is my suggestion:

Have a GW2 employee show up to the forums and reply in a meaningful way to some of the threads.

They may feel that “silence” from them is better than being “yelled” at from us, but they would very much be wrong.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: ozymomdias.8413

ozymomdias.8413

Install rich T6 gathering nodes in keeps.

in WvW

Posted by: Auzradon.2915

Auzradon.2915

Sorry for the wall of text, I saw this post and thought for a while while typing into Google Docs. Here are some ideas I came up with. Sorry if any of this is repeat and such.

• Diminishing returns for PPT on objectives – eventually no PPT for objective taken and kept for too long – refreshes upon recapture
  • Keeps one server from pulling hopelessly far ahead
  • Discourages bandwagonning to the highest population servers due to lack of personal rewards from not being able to earn as many individual score points
  • Mitigates the effects of coverage differences
  • Keep and Castle Lords can be upgraded to inflict agony
  • Individual player score for objectives taken that offer PPT. Other objectives such as dolyaks, mercs, objective defense, and scouting offer points towards individual score.
  • Individual score increased when a PPT objective gives points to the server
  • Only PPT objectives the player helped take will reward individual score
    Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Seasonal Individual Leaderboards based off individual score with more extravagant and tangible rewards than currently offered such as Gold, Karma, (Permanent) Finishers, Laurels, Badges of Honor, Black Lion Chest Keys, Gems, Custom Skins
  • Other leaderboards with incentives can be later implemented (scout leaderboard, kill leaderboard, defense leaderboard, etc)
  • Badges of Honor used to exchange for other in-game content (dungeon tokens, t6 mats, etc.)
  • Lifetime reward system based off individual score including end-goal of obtaining precursors for crafting WvW-unique Legendary weapons/items
  • Class-specific WvW Perks (levelable):
  • Thieves take less damage when stealthed
  • Rangers get a scout perk (radius and time to scout debuff applied) and additional movement speed when delegated as a scout
  • Warriors deal additional damage to siege weaponry
  • Guardians gain additional toughness, vitality, and recovery when defending an objective or outmanned
  • Engineers hold more supplies, build siege faster, and operate siege more efficiently and flamethrowers deal additional damage to doors
  • Elementalist get a cooldown on skills when assaulting a major objective
  • Necromancers increased limit to how many targets can be affected by wells, aoe stat inflictions, syphoned, etc. at one time (I believe there’s a cap for this but not 100%)
  • Mesmers can create portals at longer distances and larger capacities before collapsing.
  • Reinforced doors can only be taken down with siege weaponry, with the exception of flamethrowers

contd.

in WvW

Posted by: Auzradon.2915

Auzradon.2915

• New Commander skills which are unlocked via the WvW perk system:
  • Rank 1 – Commander can designate a number of scouts equal to Commander Rank
  • Rank 2 – Commander can designate banner carriers by dropping special banners
  • Rank 3 – When outnumbered, Commander gains special abilities that affect all members within the squad within the vicinity: All Boons, Invulnerability, Mass Revive
  • Rank 4 – Commanders gain access to the Mega Laser and can call in orbital bombardments
  • Rank 5 – Commanders gain defensive stat boosts for each member of the squad within the vicinity
  • A commander can delegate a set number of scouts (who can accept or reject delegation). A delegated scout will receive for 1 hour a spyglass that can be equipped and used on any targetable enemy (and all enemies within a set radius of the scouted enemy). An enemy who has been scouted receives a “Scouted” debuff and will appear on the commander’s map for a set period of time. The “Scouted” debuff ends when the enemy is defeated or the scout is defeated.
  • Banner Carriers can carry a banner (similar to a warrior banner but dropped by the commander) that affect members within the squad and are designated by the commander. Banners must be carried for the effect to take place, and only one banner of each type can be appointed by a commander (haste banner, attack banner, defense banner, etc). Banners give their bonus passively and do not need to be activated for the effect to take place.
  • Commanders with the outnumbered buff have access to special abilities that only affects members in their squad (mass revive, all boons, invulnerability). Duration and cooldown is dependent on the severity of size difference between the two groups
  • New instances called “Arenas”
  • Arenas are small instanced rifts designed for 1v1v1, 2v2v2, 3v3v3, 5v5v5, 10v10v10 and 20v20v20 combat.
  • The objective is to fight for a piece of an Asuran Mega laser located at the center of the rift (deathmatch).
  • To participate in an arena fight, an entrance fee consisting of badges of honor is required.
  • Custom teams can be made (“Enter Solo” or “Form a Team”) to encourage both individual play and GvG
  • Later on add the option to spectate arena matches from the PvP or WvW menu
  • The winning team will return with the piece of equipment that will then be integrated into the Mega laser located at the starting point in Eternal Battlegrounds.
  • Once the Mega Laser is assembled, teams will enter the rifts to fight for energy cores to power the laser.
  • Commanders can, if the Mega Laser is assembled and there are enough power cores to charge the shot, call in an orbital laser bombardment on an area of the map of his choosing which does heavy damage to players, siege equipment, and towers.
  • The commander ability will have a very long cooldown (probably at least an hour)
  • The Mega Laser itself has a cooldown as well but not as long
  • Have at least one underwater arena for each matchup type
  • Arena instance entrances would need to be placed in an area that wouldn’t affect the population limit of any of the WvW maps
  • To facilitate communications between the arenas and the rest of WvW, it would be cool to have a Cross-Map/Instance chat channel, or upgrade “/T” to do such a thing

That’s pretty much it from me for now.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

While you disregard all hope that the OP delivers, you dont add anything new to the discussion. So i wonder, why anybody should listen to you at all.

It doesn’t matter. That’s my point. NOBODY is giving any serious attention to these posts except the people writing them. If you haven’t figured that out yet you either haven’t been playing the game very long or you simply haven’t been paying attention.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

• New Commander skills which are unlocked via the WvW perk system:
  • Rank 1 – Commander can designate a number of scouts equal to Commander Rank
  • Rank 2 – Commander can designate banner carriers by dropping special banners
  • Rank 3 – When outnumbered, Commander gains special abilities that affect all members within the squad within the vicinity: All Boons, Invulnerability, Mass Revive
  • Rank 4 – Commanders gain access to the Mega Laser and can call in orbital bombardments
  • Rank 5 – Commanders gain defensive stat boosts for each member of the squad within the vicinity
  • A commander can delegate a set number of scouts (who can accept or reject delegation). A delegated scout will receive for 1 hour a spyglass that can be equipped and used on any targetable enemy (and all enemies within a set radius of the scouted enemy). An enemy who has been scouted receives a “Scouted” debuff and will appear on the commander’s map for a set period of time. The “Scouted” debuff ends when the enemy is defeated or the scout is defeated.
  • Banner Carriers can carry a banner (similar to a warrior banner but dropped by the commander) that affect members within the squad and are designated by the commander. Banners must be carried for the effect to take place, and only one banner of each type can be appointed by a commander (haste banner, attack banner, defense banner, etc). Banners give their bonus passively and do not need to be activated for the effect to take place.
  • Commanders with the outnumbered buff have access to special abilities that only affects members in their squad (mass revive, all boons, invulnerability). Duration and cooldown is dependent on the severity of size difference between the two groups
  • New instances called “Arenas”
  • Arenas are small instanced rifts designed for 1v1v1, 2v2v2, 3v3v3, 5v5v5, 10v10v10 and 20v20v20 combat.
  • The objective is to fight for a piece of an Asuran Mega laser located at the center of the rift (deathmatch).
  • To participate in an arena fight, an entrance fee consisting of badges of honor is required.
  • Custom teams can be made (“Enter Solo” or “Form a Team”) to encourage both individual play and GvG
  • Later on add the option to spectate arena matches from the PvP or WvW menu
  • The winning team will return with the piece of equipment that will then be integrated into the Mega laser located at the starting point in Eternal Battlegrounds.
  • Once the Mega Laser is assembled, teams will enter the rifts to fight for energy cores to power the laser.
  • Commanders can, if the Mega Laser is assembled and there are enough power cores to charge the shot, call in an orbital laser bombardment on an area of the map of his choosing which does heavy damage to players, siege equipment, and towers.
  • The commander ability will have a very long cooldown (probably at least an hour)
  • The Mega Laser itself has a cooldown as well but not as long
  • Have at least one underwater arena for each matchup type
  • Arena instance entrances would need to be placed in an area that wouldn’t affect the population limit of any of the WvW maps
  • To facilitate communications between the arenas and the rest of WvW, it would be cool to have a Cross-Map/Instance chat channel, or upgrade “/T” to do such a thing

That’s pretty much it from me for now.

Anet should get to work, there is some good stuff on that list (and the other one), even if it could be improved… The commander stats boosts will not work however, since everyone has a tag today since there is nothing else to go for.

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

force more chokes.

give DR on attack event completion which resets when successful defend event has been completed.